Type keyword(s) to search

Dorinda Medley: Berkshires Chic

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

PSA: Dorinda is dead to me now. She posed with an upside down American flag over the 4th of July and I am not okay with that. I think she knew exactly what she was doing and I do not agree with what she did as a sign of protest. It was virtue signaling of the highest order. She should not have used the American flag to make a point.

The surprise reaction was not to your position, but that she would do such a thing. Totally disrespectful. 

• Love 10

It is my understanding that in the military, flying the upside flag indicates emergency or distress.  While there is nothing that will make me like or respect Dorinda, I cannot disagree with her that this nation is in extreme distress, and therefore cannot find any reason to criticize her for that action.   

From the defense.gov link:

It should never be displayed upside down unless trying to convey a sign of distress or great danger.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It is my understanding that in the military, flying the upside flag indicates emergency or distress.  While there is nothing that will make me like or respect Dorinda, I cannot disagree with her that this nation is in extreme distress, and therefore cannot find any reason to criticize her for that action.   

From the defense.gov link:

I agree the nation is in distress regardless of which side you are on. Dorinda flying the flag upside down from her $2M+ recently renovated estate in the Berkshires where she swims in the pool, entertains guests and has staff to help her is virtual signaling and in my opinion completely disgusting. Easy for her to say behind the walls of Blue Stone Manor.

• Love 11

Sure she's virtue signalling. But if her intent is to indicate that she thinks that the country is in trouble, then I agree with that sentiment, virtue signal and all, and therefore will not criticize her for it. A broken clock is right twice a day and all that.  There is plenty for me to criticize her about with regard to her narcissism and overall cruelty to others.  

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Sure she's virtue signalling. But if her intent is to indicate that she thinks that the country is in trouble, then I agree with that sentiment, virtue signal and all, and therefore will not criticize her for it. A broken clock is right twice a day and all that.  There is plenty for me to criticize her about with regard to her narcissism and overall cruelty to others.  

But here’s the thing...she’s participating in making the world a darker place with her drunken antics.  It’s hard to sympathize with a woman, living in luxury, who drunk tweets about Ramona, when Ramona was trying to sympathize with her about Richard.  

She did say on Instagram, a few days ago, that “I love America, Happy 4th of July...”. She said that that was the way the American flag was given to her by the Air Force when he passed. Usually it comes folded, so that’s unusual...  There is proper flag etiquette, so I’m not sure if she’s being honest.  So, I don’t think she hung it that way to show distress on purpose. She was smiling standing next to the flag hung the wrong way though.  It was just so odd.  It’s hard to know her intention, but she said it was to honor Richard.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

But here’s the thing...she’s participating in making the world a darker place with her drunken antics.  It’s hard to sympathize with a woman, living in luxury, who drunk tweets about Ramona, when Ramona was trying to sympathize with her about Richard.  

She did say on Instagram, a few days ago, that “I love America, Happy 4th of July...”. She said that that was the way the American flag was given to her by the Air Force when he passed. Usually it comes folded, so that’s unusual...  There is proper flag etiquette, so I’m not sure if she’s being honest.  So, I don’t think she hung it that way to show distress on purpose. She was smiling standing next to the flag hung the wrong way though.  It was just so odd.  It’s hard to know her intention, but she said it was to honor Richard.  🤷‍♀️

I didn't say I sympathize with her because I don't. I said I am not going to criticize her if she was intending to signal distress. RedDelicious seems to be suggesting that Dorinda meant something more nefarious with her actions and my read of it is different. 

• Love 7

I've not caught up yet - I just watched episode 11 - but I don't get Dorinda at all. She initially seemed like someone who would be fun to hang out with to being absolutely vicious. She harangued Tinsley into talking about Scott and then - one episode later - gets everyone to ignore Tinsley when she shares her news about Chicago? WTF?

It's absurd to think that it's jealousy. Maybe, given her repeated comments about living in a hotel, she resents that Tinsley's never had to work hard for what she has (which would explain some of the nasty comments she's made about Sonja, too). Money isn't everything, but I don't get how Dorinda can be so frigging miserable. Yes, she lost the love of her life. I'd argue that Ramona did too, and it hasn't made her lash out, or begrudge others. She lives in lovely homes, has a great relationship with her daughter, and a large circle of friends. She's ahead of most people. 

I remember that Dorinda had a successful cashmere business while in London. Even if she doesn't have to work again, it would be a good distraction for her and give her a sense of purpose. I've felt the same way about Ramona. And I'm not talking the RW "let me hustle to find a product to shill while I'm on TV," I'm talking something that she really believes in. 

If she's already like this in her mid-50s, what will she be like in her 60s? Her 70s?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

On WWHL, Dorinda was sober. If you hadn’t been watching the RHoNYC this season, if you didn’t know what a witch she was with Tinsley, you would think that she is charismatic, charming and likable. It was the nicest she’s been in a while. She did double-down on many issues, though. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

On WWHL, Dorinda was sober. If you hadn’t been watching the RHoNYC this season, if you didn’t know what a witch she was with Tinsley, you would think that she is charismatic, charming and likable. It was the nicest she’s been in a while. She did double-down on many issues, though. 

Michael Rapaport who usually fawns all over her told her that she did not make it nice this season. He called her the bully of Bravo and the bully of the upper east side. He seemed pretty put out by her behavior this season. More people need to give it to her straight like he did.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Michael Rapaport who usually fawns all over her told her that she did not make it nice this season. He called her the bully of Bravo and the bully of the upper east side. He seemed pretty put out by her behavior this season. More people need to give it to her straight like he did.

I agree! But he kept it too light. She was nodding/admitting that he was right, but smiling the whole time. I am really glad and surprised that he said what he said. As you wrote, usually he thinks she can do no wrong.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree! But he kept it too light. She was nodding/admitting that he was right, but smiling the whole time. I am really glad and surprised that he said what he said. As you wrote, usually he thinks she can do no wrong.

I saw a clip of that part of the show snd it annoyed me that Slurinda still showed no remorse. She sdmitted she was ugly and said that's how she was feeling, all the while with that fake smile. Grrr. I don't like her.

• Love 16

I could forgive Dorinda's drunken behavior the last two seasons, as tough as that was to watch (especially when she was being so over the top mean to Tinsley.)  But she's had two years now to be able to watch those seasons and read what people have said about her, two years to wake up and realize how truly awful she acted to Tinsley and has she changed or apologized one time sincerely? No.  I can barely stand to watch her talking heads where she's soooo happy and excited and acting like her sh#t don't stink.  She is so revolting to me and I liked her at first.  She's just an old drunk and it's nauseating to watch how happy she is to turn on someone and pile up on them.  Such a big old loud mouth yelling over everyone-- yuck.

I think Ramona has handled her break up with Mario really well and I think as dramatic as she can be, it's because of her love of Avery that she's kept it as private as she can.  Can you imagine if Saint Richard had left Dorinda in a very public and embarrassing way?! She'd never have had the class to not drunkenly slur out any vile thing she could against him, never mind how Hannah might 'adore' him.  And I still wonder how much Dorinda would be crying over her lost Richard if he hadn't had great connections and money but was just blue collar Richard....  

• Love 17

She has to be deleting comments on her Instagram.   They’re all positive and/or “please don’t go!”

I’m actually shocked she’s leaving.   I can’t help but wonder if it was money related.   No way is it the result of self reflection.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

In her first few seasons I liked Dorinda but the past couple of seasons the alcohol has turned her really nasty and has overtaken and obliterated the times when she was funny and kind.  I wonder if the others went to Bravo and said "she's got to go". I think, given the choice of Luann or Dorinda leaving, the producers would keep Luann any day. And Ramona is the Grande Dame of RHONYC, so they'd always want to keep her too.

• Love 15

Regardless if the decision was hers or not, it is a good move.  It also doesn't matter if her behavior was organic or scripted. She became toxic during this season and was clearly doing herself and her reputation no favor. 

Good-bye, good luck, ..... and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
54 minutes ago, Mar said:

Apparently she was fired. No surprise

14BB29FC-5C47-452F-B984-18A955A1AC7D.thumb.jpeg.2b62e1e4381b0cccff61035134c48c81.jpeg

I read “fan favorite” and decided everything after that statement had to also be inaccurate so no need to read further. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

This is the best RH related news I've had all summer. Dorinda completely deserved to be fired. She's been a cruel drunk for years now. I wish it hadn't taken this long but at least it finally happened. It bothers me when people are rewarded for behaving badly and she continued to get her contract renewed year after year no matter how awful she was. (This isn't to say there aren't other people across the RH franchises who are also rewarded for bad behavior. Dorinda’s behavior was just particularly egregious to me the past two years.)

I wonder who she'll be replaced with next season. 

• Love 24

Honestly I don't think it is an issue of alcoholism with Dorinda, though certainly becoming sober would be helpful to her quality of life in general. It's narcissism, and there isn't much of a recovery from narcissism. Narcissists don't think that there is anything wrong with their behavior, they think it's everyone else's fault. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

Regardless if the decision was hers or not, it is a good move.  It also doesn't matter if her behavior was organic or scripted. She became toxic during this season and was clearly doing herself and her reputation no favor. 

Good-bye, good luck, ..... and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!

hopes she takes leah with her

• Love 19

i'm afraid they are going for a younger demographic.  bravo doesn't want me as evidenced by how bh turned out.  i haven't watched that since the pile on of lvp.  these shows are no longer fun for me.  i don't want the drama....i'm 'girls want to have fun"!

so ladies we'd better find something else to snark on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I agree that her behavior was toxic and a downer to the rest of the cast. Look how much fun they all had the day she stayed back sick in her room.

Please do not bring in friends of Leah and build the show around her. If they want to showcase Leah, the producers should devise another vehicle. This is not the show for Leah. 

I would like to see them bring back Jill and Heather Thomson.  If the producers don’t do a season without some bully who feels it is her right to browbeat other cast members (I’m looking at you Bethenny and Dorinda) no one else will ever want to sign onto this, or any other, Real Housewive show. We need a season with minor spats and insults rather than what we have been subjected to ever since Bethenny re-upped.

Heather was my all time favorite Housewife.

• Love 18

Adios Dorinda. When you were good you were great, when you were bad you were horrible. Get some help and go back to making things nice.

I will miss Blue Stone Manor, quite possibly the longest running “Friend of” this side of Atlanta’s Marlo.

• LOL 6
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, divsc said:

Dorinda Medley fired from ‘RHONY,’ casting already underway

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/25/dorinda-medley-fired-from-rhony-casting-already-underway/

“...we’re told that the future of the show could be shaped around “RHONY” newbie Leah McSweeney and her friends as the casting tapes are rolling in.”

Called it. The viewer response—obviously not on these boards—has been favorable towards Leah, and I knew she would have an impact on the direction of RHONY, especially after all the tangles she got in with Ramona. Say what you will about Leah not “belonging”—Andy certainly thinks she does, and is down with making the show more diverse, which Leah has been outspoken about. Was there one person of color at Ramona’s living room birthday party? RHONY has given us consistency, but let’s change with the times. 

• Useful 7

Hopefully, Dorinda can now get on with her grief work.  I think she got stuck in the "anger" phase and just never moved on.  Maybe she'll get some counseling (not Moaner's counselor!) and possibly some AA meetings.  This is a good thing!

As far as this becoming the "Leah" show; I'll pass.  Thanks.

• Love 18

This is most welcome news to me!!

I really think they were in danger of bleeding viewers if she stayed on.

That dinner they went to in Mexico where Dorinda stayed at the house, was so enjoyable, so much lighter and fun, still messy as all get out

• Love 15
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

“...we’re told that the future of the show could be shaped around “RHONY” newbie Leah McSweeney and her friends as the casting tapes are rolling in.”

Called it. The viewer response—obviously not on these boards—has been favorable towards Leah, and I knew she would have an impact on the direction of RHONY, especially after all the tangles she got in with Ramona. Say what you will about Leah not “belonging”—Andy certainly thinks she does, and is down with making the show more diverse, which Leah has been outspoken about. Was there one person of color at Ramona’s living room birthday party? RHONY has given us consistency, but let’s change with the times. 

I'm all for diversity of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, what have you.  But younger in demographic?  No way.  This show shows diversity in age by having all the women 50+ with the exception of Leah.  Young blonde straight women like Leah does not show diversity.  It only deviates from what is being shown currently on RHONY, but that's not progressive.

Every single person that Leah has brought on this show from her sister to her parents to her ex to the guys she's dating have been white.  Leah has not brought any diversity to the show and if the show is about Leah and her friends how is that "changing with the times"?  Jules was a progressive choice.  Leah isn't.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
On 8/25/2020 at 10:42 AM, Mar said:

Apparently she was fired. No surprise

14BB29FC-5C47-452F-B984-18A955A1AC7D.thumb.jpeg.2b62e1e4381b0cccff61035134c48c81.jpeg

I'm glad she's gone. For real I hope this is rock bottom for her and she seaks help. She's not fun, not nice, sad and frustrating to watch.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, ichbin said:

She was toxic last season, but Bethenny over-shadowed her.  Without Beth there, her toxicity ramped up exponentially and made her thoroughly unlikeable.  No redeeming quality with her behavior, especially with Tinsley (who is getting her revenge by being happy in her life).  One can’t go through life just being awful to people, they will cut you up and out.

• Love 13