Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: Week 9

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Chris and the final three ladies travel to the island of Bali in Indonesia where secrets are revealed in the fantasy suite. At the rose ceremony, Chris sends one unsuspecting woman home in tears.

Edited by OnceSane
locked thread until the show airs

Kaitlin you had too much life and humor to be saddled with this dud.

Chris walks around like he has a pants load...eeeew

Whitney has witch face and that voice is from hell, if he ends up with her that is what he has to look forward to every day.

I am afraid that Becca is finally going to open up and then get badly hurt.

• Love 9

When Chris was saying bye to Kaitlyn I was convinced she was trying to force herself to cry. One of the more dignified exits on this show.

I still like Whitney. Becca and Chris just seem mismatched. She just comes across sooooo young.

• Love 4

So the entire travel budget was spent on Bali? (Sorry if the poster from the Deadwood hotel is still on the board!) Gorgeous...but apparently sweltering. Chris is dripping with sweat this entire time.

A monkey in a tree holding a little bongo drum!! Does he play it?! But then suddenly it goes from adorable to terrifying! Likely diseased monkeys climbing all over you?! Eeeeek! Though if I were Kaitlyn I'd be just as creeped out by the idea of Chris climbing all over me in the fantasy suite. An I'm falling in love, too?! This is unprecedented--and I also think it's editing misdirection. (Jumping back from later: Becca also gets a falling in love w/ you?! He wasn't even looking at her when he said it! Nope! Only glowing w/ Whitney!)

This boat captain with the thumbs up after crashing makes me think how at work (corporate training), we don't use thumbs up pictures because it's negative in some cultures. I don't know whether the Indonesian culture falls into that realm, but it could be. Chris is all, "Thumbs up, we're good to head out to the middle of the Indian Ocean!"

Is Chris only concerned about Whitney's career? Somehow I have no clue what the other two do. I doubt that aspiring rapper and professional virgin are their jobs, yet that's all that I think of them as. Whitney was glugging back the wine when he was saying how there's nothing around, yet Chris lit up (and sweeping love music crescendoed) when she said that she's ready to stop working and become a wife and mother. I can't help but think how he told Andi that "there's an opportunity to be a homemaker." Points to Whitney for giving up her career, I guess.

The medium's translator gave Becca and Chris air quotes: "good couple." Ha-ha! The producers totally told these guys to say for them to make love! ...And they totally edited Becca to sound like she was saying that she WAS waiting for marriage but she's in love and she's waited long enough. Nooo! Just because you got a "prediction" to make love, maybe you might want to consider at least waiting until you're the only girlfriend. 

Didn't we hear Becca say multiple times that she's falling in love? I swear she said it TO him, and he said he's falling in love, too. I know he said it back. I typed it above while he was saying it. It sounds like she woke up and freaked out a little bit? Anyway, it's clearly Whitney as #1, Becca as #2 if Chris can get past some doubts.  He must not feel as strongly about Kaitlyn because it sounds like he doesn't have doubts about her but she's still wavering behind Becca.

Chris totally pulled a Britt--interrupting the RC to get the person to express how she feels. I wasn't sure where it was going until they had poor Kaitlyn talking about how excited she is for the next steps with some type of demented carnival music in the background...not like the "this person is crazy" music but "this poor woman doesn't know what's coming" music...then horror movie music as Chris and Becca come back! 

...Commercial break...

This build-up music is even better! The background music composer has really stepped it up this season! Oh, Kaitlyn. If only you heard the music, girl. Dump a bucket of bananas over his head and let the monkeys take care of it! 

• Love 4

I was going back and forth between TB and The Voice. I switched back from TV just in time to see a wasted-looking Chris Harrison trying (and failing) to marshall his "serious" face as he asked Farmer Chris about his week. And then he reappeared in his Bali-wear at the rose ceremony, and I just had to giggle. Remind me again, why is he even there?

• Love 3

I had to laugh at the rooster crowing during the big goodbye. Chris will pick Whitney. She is chomping at the bit to get married and have babies. Becca is not at that point. Would Becca be the next Bachelorette?

• Love 4

Longtime lurker but I had to make an account for this show! Chris is by far the worst bachelor of all time. His personality is just DULL! From his blank stares when you can tell his mind is creaking to formulate a thought, to that heavy sighing/breathing habit that he has; he truly gets on my nerves. I cannot imagine any woman with connected brain cells, who could handle being around him for the long term. Good luck to whoever he chooses because she is definitely going to need it.

Whew, I got that off my chest and feel so much better:).

• Love 22

Did Chris tell Kaitlin "I'm falling in love with you, too.   As well."   God, he can't form even the most basic sentences.

Why send such a sweat hog to a tropical clime?    I don't think the monkey peed, I  think it was his giant pit stains spreading.   Also,  the man appears to always have a rocks glass in front of him. 

Becca must get paid by the word, and that word is "virgin".   Sorry homey, it doesn't make you special, it just means you haven't had sex yet.    Anyway, when I think about Chris, and sex, I get queasy, but then remind myself he surely has one of those plastic Ken doll pouches and can't have sex.  He's far to dweeby. 

• Love 9

I think Kaitlyn is fabulous, but it's so sad she had to use lines like "this is all for Chris" or whatever. She is WAY too clever and funny for him. I think she'd be a great Bachelorette, but on the other hand, I'd hate to wish that burden on anyone.

Whitney got the best date, so his preference for her is obvious ... And clearly she's ready to ditch her career and home and pump out his babies, so congrats (or something) Whitney, I'm sure you "win."

It concerns me that Chris gets so close to hyperventilating when things get tough. Not a great character trait.

Have they ever had the women/bachelor dress in regional costume at the rose ceremony? I thought they looked good.

• Love 7
Chris' face when he realized he would not be getting any from Becca that night was priceless.

Exactly...and he couldn't mask his disappointment. It was also interesting to see about 60 seconds of uninterrupted "conversation" between Chris and Becca, since we mostly just see 15-second sound bites between him and the women. It underscored how awkward he is.

Chris' face during the virginity reveal rivaled Kaitlyn's face when she realized she was going home. "Why did I just sleep with that lunkhead in the fantasy suite?"

Becca returning to the rose ceremony was the funniest Bachelor/ette moment I can recall. I actually thought the editors did a great job, keeping it suspenseful before and during Chris' conversation with Becca, if not after.

None of these three really seem like a good match for Chris, for various reasons.

Chris seems to have a serious perspiration problem...his face and hair were drenched throughout this episode, and every shirt he wore had massive sweat stains. It was hard to tell during the date with Kaitlyn what was a sweat stain and what was a monkey urine stain.

I think Whitney singlehandedly cancelled out 50 years of the women's movement when she told Chris how ready she was to give up her career, move to Iowa, and have babies right away.

It was really sweet how Chris introduced Kaitlyn to that local at the beginning of their date: "This is [one of] my [three] girlfriend." You could feel the love.

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 6

This might be the most boring TB episode ever, which is saying something. Where is Jimmy Kimmel?

Knowing what a horny dog Chris is makes me want to watch the FS episode of Andi's season again. She probably testdrived all three of them.

• Love 3

Common sense dictates that if Chris was going to send Becca home, he wouldn't have asked her to rejoin the rose ceremony.   Surely, Kaitlyn had to have known she was a "just a matter of time girl", and wouldn't have gotten that far had Britt and Jade not flamed out.  I didn't like the way Whitney spoke about Becca. She seems to have a superiority complex.

• Love 3

Message to Britt: learn from Kaitlin how to cry convincingly heart-broken tears. If you are truly heartbroken, you want to crawl in a hole and hide, not sit on a curb and bawl. I felt so badly for Kaitlyn. She just wanted to get out of there; she kept hiding her face from the camera. Then Chris was dithering on about how excruciating it was and not making a whole lot of sense, I felt she was just waiting for him to shut up so she could leave. After all, there's nothing he can say to make her feel better. I also felt tonight was the prettiest Kaitlyn has looked. She should wear her hair pulled back more often. I wonder if she will be the next Bachelorette.

It's hard to read Chris. I feel like Whitney is the one he feels safe with but Becca intrigues him.

I like the monkeys, and the rooster sound effects!

• Love 7

I didn't like Becca much.  She seemed to find it really amusing that she finally had to make her "big reveal" to Chris.  Maybe it was nerves, but it bothered me. 

I will say that Kaitlyn had awesome foundation on.  Even in that heat, it didn't rub off on Chris' shirt.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

I feel like Chris just wants to sit back with his buddies and be able to brag about how his wife has never slept with anyone but him. "Oh you guys wouldn't know how it is. I have to teach her everything." So now he wants Becca.

On the other hand, he really wants a wife who will stay home and just make babies. "Oh you guys can come over tonight. My wife was in the kitchen all day making a super bowl feast." So he kinda wants to keep Whitney.

He's the worst.

I'm so happy Becca's going to argue with him next week! Finally we get someone who did not drink the Kool aid and is willing to say she won't get engaged just for tee-vee entertainment.

Edited by Bella
inserted spoiler tags
  • Love 6

Chris doesn't arrange these dates or pick who goes on them.

Has he ever shed an actual tear? All you see his him wiping his eyes and sniffing but never a single tear.

Besides an "amazing" drinking game there also needs to be one with how many times they say "I can really see myself with him/her".

Why do they say dating and relationship? They go on a couple dates that aren't exclusive. How is that a relationship?

And last but definitely not least why does he like Whitney? She is the least prettiest of all the women, her personality and voice are grating, and she acts as if she on a job interview. And all the people I know love her? How can anyone not find her annoying?

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 2

I didn't like Becca much.  She seemed to find it really amusing that she finally had to make her "big reveal" to Chris.  Maybe it was nerves, but it bothered me. 

I will say that Kaitlyn had awesome foundation on.  Even in that heat, it didn't rub off on Chris' shirt.

Actually, she was more annoying IMO than Ashley I about her stupid virginity.

Even more amazing the foundation didn't rub off on his shirt due to his copious sweat.

This guy throws up so many red flags, bulls should be charging him from every corner.    Multiple adult run ins with the law, including DUI?    Check.    Possible heavy drinker/definitely prefers hard liquor straight or with a splash?   Check.   Can't handle conflict?   Check.      Self centered, and lives in his own little private Idaho?    Check.    Run Whitney, run fast.    Becca?    Sell it to some rich businessman.   That would be less gross than Chris's giant melon and sweaty parts. 

Oh, when Kaitlin was all "It's all fro Chris!"  I expected her to hang her self off the side of a building.    Thank god she didn't. 

I would not marry this guy for eleventy billion dollars.    Even if he bought me an oceanfront condo that we stayed in for 4 months out of the year, and he  hired me two personal maids.    No way, this guy is no prize,  not matter how many shekels he has.     Congrats,  Farmer boy.    You out flapjacked Ben.    Now go get some damn secret antiperspirant.    Ugh, imagine being hugged and getting all that sweat on your person.    He's just gross.   

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 14

This show needs to use more discretion with the Chris voiceovers: he uses the exact same inflection in every single sentence and it is really obvious when used repeatedly.

Poor Kaitlyn, she goes to Bali for a date and doesnt get anywhere near a beach? I hope she too a little personal excursion. It would be tragic to miss that opportunity.

What was wrong with everyone's makeup at the rose ceremony? Everyone looked sweaty but they all looked off color somehow too.

On the other hand, he really wants a wife who will stay home and just make babies. "Oh you guys can come over tonight. My wife was in the kitchen all day making a super bowl feast." So he kinda wants to keep Whitney.

Yep...Whitney's over-the-top enthusiasm for him, and willingness to please him and placate him is exactly why he wants to pick her...but eventually her Stockholm Syndrome will wear off and she'll get outta there. I do think that Whitney sincerely is willing to be that kind of Stepford wife for some doofus...but she would prefer he live in Chicago, not Arlington, Iowa.

they all looked off color somehow too.

Was it just the ridiculous hot pink lipstick they continue to wear every episode, or something else?

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 1

Kaitlyn is way too cool for Chris, and he probably knew that. She will be just fine.

Becca is a sweet girl, she seems really young and inexperienced like she hasn't even started living her life. She's either gonna marry a farmer and start pumping out kids or she's gonna explore the world, date several interesting men before marrying, and find an awesome career. I hope it's the latter. 

Whitney reminds me of Melissa S. from Bachelor Brad 2.0/Bachelor Pad Season 2. Shudder.  And the voice was a deal breaker for me the moment she stepped out the limo.

So...Whitney for the "win"!

• Love 2

They all wore the same shade of lipstick - weird pink. Kaitlyn looked the best. Orange is not Whitney's friend. The green was OK on Becca. I did notice Whitney's legs on the boat - at first I thought she'd scraped her knee and had lotion on it, but then I realized it was her spray tan.

• Love 1

I felt bad for Kaitlyn. I didn't think she or Chris had real feelings for each other, but she looked really upset. Even though the women agree to go on the show, and a lot of it is fake, there are real emotions there too. I didn't realize until tonight that she is 29. She seems way younger.

I have to say that I don't really care for Whitney, Becca or Chris. Chris seems incapable of holding an actual conversation and I couldn't stand that in a man. I didn't like Whitney's little smirk when Kaitlyn was sent home either. WIth Becca, I can't understand what she is trying to say (outside of the virgin thing), and I don't know if she actually likes Chris or not.

It drives me crazy that when Chris says he spends most of his time just staying home alone, none of the women ask him what he is doing. My guess would be that he is doing a lot of drinking. I find it hard to believe Whitney really wants to leave her job, friends and Chicago and sit in the kitchen with Chris every night. I left my job for awhile to become a mom, but while we were trying I still had the job and friends and Chicago. I know a couple of people who like living in rural areas because they have peace to write or because they are big animal people, but Whitney doesn't seem that way.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 5

It drives me crazy that when Chris says he spends most of his time just staying home alone, none of the women ask him what he is doing.

I caught that too. The guy is in his 30s and can't / won't carry a conversation. What makes any of them think he's going to change once they're married and on the farm with just the 2 of them? Honestly, I think he's going to tire of Whitney's chatter. He strikes me as someone who's set in his ways, and once he's back on the farm, he's going to want things to be HIS way.

I did find it interesting that he asked Becca if her feelings are because of the show. He must have some insight into what he's bringing to the relationship.

Predict he'll pick Whitney, they'll do the obligatory 6 months, and she'll realize it's not all she imagined.

I do feel bad for Chris in some way. It can't be easy finding a wife or even a girlfriend given his location, but as ideal as it might sound, choosing from a pool of 30 women from across the US probably isn't the solution. He probably needs someone who also grew up on a farm and understands the lifestyle.

Edited by kazza
  • Love 8
Chris will pick Whitney. She is chomping at the bit to get married and have babies. Becca is not at that point. Would Becca be the next Bachelorette?

Recent history says no. Because of the close production schedules of both shows, the runner up is essentially out of the running to be Bachelorette. The last runner up to be Bachelorette was Deanna Pappas, who was one of the final two (both rejected) from Brad's first season. Back then (2007/2008), the shows were filmed further apart. 

Since Deanna Pappas, with the exception of Emily Maynard, no Bachelorette has ever finished higher than 3rd on her season of The Bachelor. Emily of course won Brad's second season in 2011, and conveniently broke up with him just in time to appear as The Bachelorette in the 2012 season. 

Kaitlyn will probably be The Bachelorette. Jade has the Playboy past. Carly is deemed (quite wrongly I think) to not be attractive enough. And Britt of course has the hit and miss hygiene.  

That pretty much leaves Kaitlyn. 

Edited by reggiejax

Still processing how awful - and cheap - this location was even given its glowing reviews elsewhere and the probable cost of getting there.  The so-called dates were as invigorating as a church picnic.  They didn't even bother with serving the poor souls a meal - not that there would be much I'd risk ingesting in a land of dodgy refrigeration and differing ideas about appropriate ingredients.

It's 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity and Ward Cleaver is still wearing long-sleeved button-down shirts.  And sneakers with no laces for some odd reason.

We've gone from sleek, expensive hire yachts to some old diesel beater (with redundant sail riggings) and its odd one-man crew with his insincere smile and perpetual thumbs up.  

Chris' sea lion-inspired kissing technique went from odd to off-putting.  Girls tend to notice that sort of thing but perhaps they're terrified to mention it.

Speaking of cheap (and nonsensical)...this is a DATING show in its final stages.  Why stick the finalists in a religious temple where displays of affection are banned?  Do the Sisters Of The Poor walk into Bellagio Las Vegas and demand the blackjack tables be idled?

Kaitlyn, you still need to lose the nose stud but with your hair out of your face and some feminine clothing you looked quite fetching all evening.  Your makeup was tasteful, for the most part, and in stark contrast to the slap the others had troweled on.  You of all the contestants will bounce back quickly and you're probably already realizing what a lucky escape you've had.

For weeks, Becca was getting near-universal internet praise for...we're still not sure.  No personality and less humor and an annoying speech pattern.  Then the V-Plates were unveiled.  Chris Of The Cliches couldn't even trot out something like 'I understand that and respect that and any decision you make.'  Instead, his eyebrows wiggled a bit and he couldn't even be polite, let alone supportive.

And then there's Whitney.  Guys have a weakness for emotionally needy girls, but clingy desperation is never a good look.  Whitney is willing to throw career, geography, the comforts of modern life, even her own siblings over the side in order to snag her man.  She and Chris set a series record for least amount of time spent in the water after the Bachelor stock-standard double leap off the boat.  A cynic would point out that it costs additional money, manpower, and time to shoot scenes in or under the water so the producers nixed the usual sequence and merely shot the couple from another boat and from the deck of the hired boat.  [EDIT:  conditions prevented additional water frolic as reported below]

Neil Lane, your days may be numbered in the age of The Bachelor On A Shoestring.  Chris may be left to fend for himself in a street market where he will haggle with a seller of 'gold' trinkets for the engagement ring.

Chris S has been a damp squib of a Bachelor and the last stages are a slow motion train wreck.  Even Chris Harrison can't hide his annoyance and indifference.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 9
choosing from a pool of 30 women from across the US probably isn't the solution.

That's what makes this show so dumb....it goes without saying that many more than 30 women from the state of Iowa applied to ABC to be on the Bachelor in the past year...surely the producers could have picked an all-Iowa cast if being benevolent matchmakers and giving Chris good choices was really that important to them. All they care about is ratings.

Because of the close production schedules of both shows, the runner up is essentially out of the running to be Bachelorette.

That's too bad, because (assuming Becca does end up finishing 2nd) I'd love to see Becca as the Bachelorette, to see how she would handle the experience with guys who are a better match for her than Chris.

Maybe she handed out samples first night?

The pink lipstick did seem to go "viral," as if one woman brought a bunch of it and passed it around. Because it started with just one or two women on a certain episode...then suddenly two episodes later every woman left was wearing it. But I can't remember who wore it first.

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 1

Gosh, couldn't you just sit around listening to Chris try to articulate complete thoughts all day long?  Oh, wait...I think we just did.  That was a 16 hour episode, right?

Kaitlyn for sure dodged a bullet; she is much too sharp to settle for life in the middle of a field with a dullard.  I'm not saying I wish that on Whitney or Becca either, but they definitely seem like they would go crazy in that life more slowly than Kaitlyn would have. 

Now all Chris has to do is choose between the woman with the vocal fry, or the woman that talks through her nose.  I'm so glad we are finally in the home stretch of a season that had some entertaining moments (only because of the women), but has now dwindled down to watching Chris sweat and heave sighs for two hours.

• Love 10

I think Whitney singlehandedly cancelled out 50 years of the women's movement when she told Chris how ready she was to give up her career, move to Iowa, and have babies right away.

Honestly being a fertility nurse sounds like one of the most boring jobs ever. I'd give that up too if I could help run a successful $$$ family busines. From what I've seen of Whitney, she looks like she has what it takes to be his equal partner.

Edited by looksee
  • Love 5

Assuming Whitney is chosen, I hope she doesn't immediately quit her job and pack her bags and move to Iowa. It would be awful for her to give up her job only to move to Iowa and realize it was not for her. She is too smart for Chris. I think she would lose her mind being married to him.

• Love 4
Now all Chris has to do is choose between the woman with the vocal fry, or the woman that talks through her nose.

Wait, which is which? You need to be more specific.

She is too smart for Chris. I think she would lose her mind being married to him.

That's an interesting point that I don't see discussed much. Whitney has an actual career (and maybe a master's degree?) while I think Becca may be a college dropout...her job definitely doesn't require a degree, and she alluded in her own ABC bio to the fact that she hated school. Becca definitely is more of an intellectual equal for Chris.

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 1

Not finishing college does not make you less intellectual at all! I know several people with masters degrees that are not bright people. I had a friend who has a masters in teaching and believes anything and everything a man tells her. Very obvious lies she believes. Book smarts does not equal street smarts! Being someone's intellectual equal has nothing to do with schooling. I find that insulting to say to anyone that doesn't have a degree. Some people are just born brighter than others. You can be very well read, well traveled, and not have a college degree.

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 11

My guess is Britt will be the next Bachelorette. Chris Harrison still praises her in all his interviews.

An interesting tidbit from CH's blog that is already out….

"A little inside info about the boat trip Whitney and Chris took: It was windy and the seas were rough that day, my friends. They were supposed to cruise around to a beach and enjoy a nice day, but they never made it to the final destination. As you saw at one point Chris and Whitney jumped in the water off the front of the boat. The current was so strong they were at the back of the boat pretty much as soon as they hit the water. They even struggled to get out of the water as the ladder on the back kept rising out of the water in the big waves. It wasn't exactly the most romantic boat trip as some of our crew were getting sick in the rough seas."

Chris clearly couldn't hide his disappointment that he wasn't getting laid by Becca. And while u completely admire her for waiting until marriage, I do think she should have told him about that decision sooner. Not because Chris should know if he's going to get lucky or not, but because the fantasy suite is tradionally the date right before a proposal could happen. That's a big part of who you are and what you stand for and should probably be shared a bit earlier on imo.

• Love 4
Yep...Whitney's over-the-top enthusiasm for him, and willingness to please him and placate him is exactly why he wants to pick her...but eventually her Stockholm Syndrome will wear off and she'll get outta there. I do think that Whitney sincerely is willing to be that kind of Stepford wife for some doofus...but she would prefer he live in Chicago, not Arlington, Iowa.

Methinks it's not coincidental that the one who is most enthusiastic about marrying him is the only one who hasn't actually been to his tiny town.

Chris clearly couldn't hide his disappointment that he wasn't getting laid by Becca. And while u completely admire her for waiting until marriage, I do think she should have told him about that decision sooner. Not because Chris should know if he's going to get lucky or not, but because the fantasy suite is tradionally the date right before a proposal could happen. That's a big part of who you are and what you stand for and should probably be shared a bit earlier on imo.

I'd bet every single thing I own (for what little it's worth) that the producers told her she HAD to wait until the fantasy suite date to tell him.  They wanted that drama.  And they had the Ashley I virgin bit to liven up the first part of the season.

I wonder if all 3 girls actually sleep with him (in general on all seasons). I'm no prude but don't think I could knowing he could be with 2 other women the same week.

Reality Steve, who has interviewed a lot of former contestants, has indicated that there have been some who, yes, have slept with all three but it certainly doesn't happen every season, and in some they only sleep with the person who ends up being F1.  So it seems it's possible.  And I agree it's icky.  These three "dates" don't just take place in the same week--I believe they literally take place three days in a row.  Which means he's hopping out of bed with one to go get ready for his date with the next girl.  So gross.

• Love 8

This is how I see it working out: Chris and his F1 try to make it work but, c'mon, it ain't gonna.  Heartbroken Chris becomes Iowa's Most Eligible Bachelor and he has his pick of the litter and finds the right girl that way.  Between being on Andi's season and then filming the Bachelor he did not really get a chance to waylay his fame into meeting any new Iowa girls that would know what to do with life on a farm.  As soon as he's free again I predict he will have lots of options.

Edited by TheFinalRose
  • Love 5
I wonder if all 3 girls actually sleep with him (in general on all seasons)

Knowing what a horny dog Chris is makes me want to watch the FS episode of Andi's season again. She probably testdrived all three of them.

Emily told each of her final 3 up-front that she would only use the fantasy suite for some private conversation with them, but they would not be allowed to spend the night because she didn't want to send the wrong message to her daughter. And Sean did basically the same thing, because he was a "born again" virgin. And in recent years, I think at least a couple of the leads sent one of their final 3 home before the fantasy suite, possibly because they didn't want to face the awkwardness of spending the night with someone they knew would not be in their final 2.

But other than those cases, it's basically been assumed for years that all three of the fantasy suite nights include some kind of hooking up. There have been plenty of leaked details to back up those assumptions. Bachelor Bob was the first lead on either show to be rumored to score a hat trick, so to speak, but a hat trick in the fantasy suite has basically gone from being considered inappropriate to almost expected.

As soon as he's free again I predict he will have lots of options.

I agree...it will be a lot easier for him in some bar in Des Moines to meet a woman who's a decent match for him and is willing to move to Arlington than it was on this show.

Edited by PhilW
  • Love 2

I did think that water looked awfully dangerous when Whitney and Chris jumped overboard--have we ever lost a Bachelor and b'ette at sea? Now there's a show for you! I never felt the chemistry between Kaitlyn and Chris--their kissing was passionless to me, while there does seem to be a degree of tenderness between him and the other two. She is well rid of him, and seemed more humiliated to be sent home vs heartbroken. Not sure I want to see her as the Bachelorette but she would make a great CH stand-in imo.

It's sort of fun watching a season where I'm not rooting for anyone. Hope to see some WTA hijinks and fireworks next week. And lots of fuchsia lipstick on everyone. The Revlon commercials are front and center this season, so I wonder if that's where the over-the-top lipstick and the out-to-there false eyelashes are coming from--freebies for everyone?

No joke, Chris interacting with the monkeys during the credits sequence was the most genuine and likeable he's been all season. He was a completely different guy in those clips than he's been at any other point on the show.

On the one hand, I'm pretty surprised that he sent Kaitlyn home, I was certain she'd be one of the final two and he seemed set on nixing Becca right up until the last moment. On the other hand, I 100% can't see Kaitlyn and Chris together. I have a lot of trouble believing that this woman was really falling in love with this boring, inarticulate, small town guy, and that her family was all cheering her on and "you look so in love!" and whatever else, or that she was ready to up and move to a town of pop. 500. Just, no way. Buck up, Kaitlyn. You dodged a serious bullet there.

I like Becca more, but Whitney seems like the more logical choice, and it seems like she and Chris have had some more realistic conversations about themselves and what a life together would be like. It's not the never having been in love thing, or the virgin thing, but something about Becca just feels very young, whereas Whitney really does seem like she's ready to settle down and is thinking about her future.

• Love 3

Chris and the women talk a lot about about "opening up" and being vulnerable but we haven't seen them have one substantial conversation to justify falling in love in such a short period of time. Chris doesn't have an interesting thought in that brain of his. This is the first season I've watched where I felt the lead had no chemistry with any of their suitors. Whitney, I feel, just wants to win Chris. Becca is naive. Kaitlyn? Probably was there for him at the start, realized there was no chemistry but played along in hopes of becoming The Bachelorette.

• Love 6

Who ever is in charge of setting up the dates on this show (No, not Chris, the person who ACTUALLY sets them up!) should be fired.  These have been some of the most boring dates I've ever seen this season.  Since when did a "date" consist of walking down some streets and waving to the locals?  it used to be that the couples would do these things, then go to a location for a tour or an activity, followed by a nice dinner.  Now, there's almost never a meal served.

No helicopters, no zip-lining, no beautiful yachts, just Chris, his "lady", and lots of free time with nothing to do but talk about their "journey".

• Love 6

This is done. It was obviously done when he only asked Whitney's family who to ask for her hand in marriage. But Chris dragging Becca to the end is pretty hurtful for her, he barely showed a connection to her. He should have cut both her and Kaitlyn. 

Hopefully Kaitlyn's The Bachelorette and that's why she wasn't final 2.

This was so boring. 

• Love 1

The average English speaker has about a 1200 word active vocabulary. If--throughout this season--Chris has used more than 500 of those, I'm the next B-ette.  No matter what happens or what is said, his emotionally subdued, minimalist verbal reaction is guaranteed. Kaitlyn seems to have a lot of personality, likes fun and humor and is very attractive. She seemed devastated but hopefully has recovered from "cooped up with The Bachelor Syndrome" and realizes she dogged a bullet. She will be a big favorite of Bachelor Nation and may well find a relationship with one of the veterans of past seasons.  (Hopefully she will NOT be the next B-ette).

Becca probably used 200 words all season, if that. She seems as boring and stiff as Chris.

I always thought Whitney seemed too smart and assertive and personable for him, but if he chooses her and she doesn't decide her (I believe genuine and complete) commitment to him is misplaced, she'd probably be a great wife for him and really help with whatever he has to do. I think she's far too good for him, but if he's what she wants (and she's made it clear that he is) I hope she "wins".

• Love 5