Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E10: Week 9

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

This kind of blindside, the shocking rejection after the FS, -always- happens to someone. I don't know why they never seem to even consider it might happen to them.

If I were Chris I'd be annoyed Becca waited so long to mention she was a virgin, since she obviously thought -he'd- feel it was important. How difficult would it have been to have told him about being a virgin much much earlier? Like, "You know what Ashley I told you about being a virgin? That's the same for me." That would have been easy, and a courtesy.

As for Chris, he didn't even ask her "Why?" which I think is very important to know the answer to, rather than make assumptions.

I'm surprised Becca never seems anxious or nervous about any of this. If I were her and knew Kaitlyn and Whitney were (very likely)  "doing it" with Chris in the FS, I'd think that put me at a big disadvantage--not because of being a virgin (a "status" that can be ended in 15 min by "slam-bam-thank you, ma'm" without saying anything about your sexuality or sensuality in bed) but because of a lack of sexual experience, as she seems. Instead, she seems so placid and detached all the time, no anxiety or insecurity about the other two women who would both be strong "competition" for anyone.

If you had a bf with two other girlfriends, wouldn't you feel jealous and insecure? These women all seem like they live in a vacuum together with Chris, oblivious to the other two.It is so strange how TB always convinces everyone s/he is "the One". So weird.

"Winter on the farm in Arlington with Chris and Becca Soules". Grant Wood could paint it and it would be depressing and dreary, but I don't think either one of them would notice.                                  

Edited by Padma
  • Love 5

As for Becca, I don't understand why she seems so secure in being a virgin, especially one without ever having a serious relationship. If that were me, I'd assume that the other two were "doing it" with Chris in the FS and that I was at a disadvantage not because of being a virgin but because of a lack of sexual experience (which seems the case with Becca). She seems so placid and detached all the time, no anxiety or insecurity about the other two women who would both be strong "competition" for anyone.

I don't think she's into him...at all.  She dated some dude from The Voice before this who was way hotter (IMO.) Girl's just coasting along (again, IMO).

• Love 1

I really want Becca to "lose" this and be chosen as the bachelorette, if only so I can apply to be on her season. Kaitlyn did look great at the rose ceremony (hair and outfit were perfect for her), but those arm tattoos and an awkard rap/dance career that I don't really understand are a major turn off. I would not be able to stomach an entire season of Whitney's extreme enthusiasm.

And because this is what really mattered about this episode, I would guess the following happened in the fantasy suites:

Whitney = sexual intercourse

Kaitlyn = sexual acts, no intercourse

Becca = making out, limited touching

• Love 1

Honestly being a fertility nurse sounds like one of the most boring jobs ever. I'd give that up too if I could help run a successful $$$ family business. From what I've seen of Whitney, she looks like she has what it takes to be his equal partner.

I don't think or know if it's that boring, but many women who work with babies (even at the fertility stage) are baby crazy themselves (There are exceptions.) Plus she's getting older and is surrounded by people who have trouble getting pregnant some of them probably are even younger than her. She works at a job where she literally is surrounded by babies and pregnancy and all that so it makes sense she has babies on the brain. I also think she could get another job in Iowa. They probably need medical professionals out there, especially if she could do something else with her nursing degree.

I thought Kaitlyn was going to the next round. I don't like her that much, although I don't dislike her. She seems rather goofy for the Bachelorette, but maybe that would be good. Still I hope she doesn't rap again or I have to hear it. 

I don't think it's been clear who F1 is. I hope they don't have to watch much of the season considering Chris seems pulled in a million different directions. Then again I don't expect this to last.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
This might be the most boring TB episode ever, which is saying something. Where is Jimmy Kimmel?

Boring and long! My hubby was downstairs while I was watching the show and said, "Man, that show felt longer than the Oscars". LOL! I have to agree.

Knowing what a horny dog Chris is makes me want to watch the FS episode of Andi's season again. She probably testdrived all three of them.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 1

Becca's virginity reveal shouldn't have come as a shock to Chris. She'd already told him repeatedly that she'd never been in love, and her family made it clear that she wasn't into gratuitous displays of intimacy. Not that every woman is in love with every man she sleeps with, but I'd guess that the majority think they are, especially their first time. So either Becca was a virgin or she slept with a man, or men, she wasn't in love with. I think by the time she made her big reveal, the answer to that should have been obvious to Chris.

• Love 8

Who ever is in charge of setting up the dates on this show (No, not Chris, the person who ACTUALLY sets them up!) should be fired.  These have been some of the most boring dates I've ever seen this season.  Since when did a "date" consist of walking down some streets and waving to the locals?  it used to be that the couples would do these things, then go to a location for a tour or an activity, followed by a nice dinner.  Now, there's almost never a meal served.

No helicopters, no zip-lining, no beautiful yachts, just Chris, his "lady", and lots of free time with nothing to do but talk about their "journey".

And if they actually shared any substantive and/or interesting conversation, going for a long walk in a beautiful location might be a really good date. But giggling over monkeys gets old after about 30 seconds.

• Love 2

And if they actually shared any substantive and/or interesting conversation, going for a long walk in a beautiful location might be a really good date. But giggling over monkeys gets old after about 30 seconds.

Especially when one of those monkeys urinates on you. I have no idea how the date continued after that without a shirt change or shower. Gross!

• Love 1

Especially when one of those monkeys urinates on you. I have no idea how the date continued after that without a shirt change or shower. Gross!

I dont know how he managed that - I would have run to the nearest hotel for three consecutive long hot showers.  

Animals in a foreign country biting, scratching, and peeing on you sounds like the start of an ebola-like epidemic scare. 

• Love 6

I wonder why, after an entire season of going basically nowhere terribly exciting (possible exception: the Badlands), they finished up in Bali? From what CH wrote, the flight there was interminable--first from Iowa to L.A. then to Hong Kong then a looonnngg difficult flight to Bali. Then after a week--barely over jet lag--you turn around and come home.

I'm sure Bali is beautiful, but for all that they saw and did, why not just go to Hawaii? Or to a tropical paradise south of the border (no, not the hell hole where they filmed Bachelor in Paradise". Surely the F3 who've put up with Chris and awkward/embarrassing events throughout America for all these weeks, deserve better than that place). But Hawaii? It's paradise, too, and it's close.

• Love 5

I had my finger on the mute button for most of the show. I could not stand to hear him breathe so loudly. When I would see it coming I would mute it but the captions still spelled it out! "Inhales deeply" or "exhales deeply". It was bad enough hearing and seeing it but then I had to read it.

• Love 10

I was sick to death of the constant talk about Becca being a virgin.  It's really not that big of a deal.  I can't imagine it would factor into whether or not she gets a marriage proposal from Chris.  I wonder if they're really not that into each other and the virgin talk is an attempt to keep people from realizing that.

Chris's laugh was annoying the crap out of me.  Anyone remember which of the 'ettes said she'd try to make him laugh, then laugh after he laughed?  I think she was saying that she wasn't laughing at the conversation, she was laughing at Chris's girlish giggle.  I'm not that charitable, I want to poke him with a needle every time he titters so he'll stop.

Whitney looked hideous at the RC.  She should avoid orange in the future, get some makeup tips, and not wear that hairstyle ever again.

I was talking to the TV when Chris took Becca off for a private chat just before the RC, "Geez Whitney, don't look so gleeful."  My daughter was listening from the next room and asked me if she was supposed to look upset, pointing out that if Whitney really wanted to marry Chris she'd naturally be happy that there was one less woman getting in the way.  Fair point.

When it was obvious that Becca wasn't being sent home and was still in the running, Whitney looked more nervous and less sure of herself, but poor Kaitlyn looked downright sick.  Turns out she was right to be worried, and then she had to be subjected to Chris trying to explain himself in a disjointed speech delivered to her in a high-pitched whisper.  I think I could see her change from being upset at losing out on the chance to marry Chris and realizing that losing Chris wasn't really the problem.  It was the humiliation of being dumped right after spending the night in the Fantasy Suite.  We don't know if they had sex, but Kaitlyn had to know that a lot of people were wondering if she and Chris went for a test drive and she failed. 

If Chris chooses Whitney, it'll look even more like that.  Some people will think that Chris always knew he would propose to Whitney, and his conversation with Becca was a way of trying to figure out if he still might get to sleep with her when he takes his final two home to the family.  A lot of guys would get an ego boost from 'popping a virgin', thinking it proves how wonderful they are that out of all the men in the world, he's the one who got the job done.  He might have no intention of asking Becca to marry him, but he might still be hoping for another chance to massage his ego and give him something to tell the guys at the bar.

The monkey chat session proved that Chris is more normal and relaxed when he's doing something he doesn't think will be on the show.

Bali was pretty, but the dates all sucked.

• Love 4

If I were Chris I'd be annoyed Becca waited so long to mention she was a virgin, since she obviously thought -he'd- feel it was important. How difficult would it have been to have told him about being a virgin much much earlier? Like, "You know what Ashley I told you about being a virgin? That's the same for me." That would have been easy, and a courtesy.

Exactly.  She could have at least mentioned it during the hometown date.  But she decided that springing it on him at the last minute was a better choice.  Very manipulative to me.

Plus, at least twice she referred to "temptation" regarding any possible sexual activity.  That definitely indicates a religious stance that I don't know if Chris saw either. 

• Love 1
I was talking to the TV when Chris took Becca off for a private chat just before the RC, "Geez Whitney, don't look so gleeful."

Whitney's reaction didn't surprise me at all. She doesn't really care about Chris. She doesn't care about the feelings of the other women. She's the Tracy Flick of The Bachelor.

• Love 4

Exactly.  She could have at least mentioned it during the hometown date.  But she decided that springing it on him at the last minute was a better choice.  Very manipulative to me.

Plus, at least twice she referred to "temptation" regarding any possible sexual activity.  That definitely indicates a religious stance that I don't know if Chris saw either. 

I didn't pay close attention to the constant talk about Becca's virginity because it was annoying me.  Would a woman who was basing her decision to stay a virgin until marriage go on a TV show to compete for the affections of a man who may or may not agree with her stance on religion?  I'd have assumed that a woman like that would be looking for a mate in church.

Instead, I have been thinking of Becca as using her virginity as her schtick, and her talk about being 'tempted' as a hint that she might be reconsidering things because Chris is just all that and a bag of condoms.  If she's being deliberately manipulative with the V-card, then she's approached Emily levels of manipulation.  IMO

It's also possible that Becca might have thought that not telling Chris about the V thing was helping to establish herself as something other than 'just a virgin - will you be The One to change that?'  However, the last couple of episodes eroded away anything else and this last episode focused entirely on her virgin status.  I honestly can't remember anything about her except she looked the best at the Rose Ceremony and she's a virgin.  Thanks to that, she's as boring to me as Chris is.

• Love 6

Yes, this show has turned odd.  Not that it wasn't before, but I no longer really care about anyone.  I kind of liked Whitney and Becca previously, but I don't think either one of them are that into him.  I have to agree with other posters before me in other threads that have said Whitney appears to be interviewing for a job.  I think Becca is trying too hard--she wants it to work but she isn't nearly ready for this.  I think that alone should have made Chris keep Kaitlyn versus Becca, even though that relationship wouldn't have worked out either.  I think this is also a case of Chris wanting everyone to put themselves out there while he hasn't done that at all.  They hardly know him.  He kisses, and that is about it.  He thinks that is putting himself out there.

I think Kaitlyn is the only one I could handle as the Bachelorette.  I could not stand to hear about Becca and her virginity for several weeks, and I just think she isn't mature enough to handle a show of her own.  I would be even more disappointed in Britt.  I just find her fake, and she would annoy me to no end.

• Love 9

I'm 35, childless and husband less so admit I'm not totally understanding of this mindset, but...

Whitney saying she was ready to movie to Iowa and have babies seemed too much too fast. I wish she had said ready to start a life with him. Chris appears to take the housewife/mother role seriously. What if she moves to Arlington and landed a job as a traveling nurse or something? Chris, rightfully could say "you said in no uncertain terms you wanted children and fast". I don't know, that's just kind of overprmising. What if she finds him boring and wants to annul the marriage? Chris would have the right to be like, the hell? Just doesn't seem any reason Whitney should say (to a guy that longs for those words) essentially she would be fine getting knocked up on the honeymoon.

I think Becca is beautiful. In a real way. So pretty.

I have concern for Chris should he choose Whitney. I think she's done a great job at portraying herself as the logical pick. Again, not qualified as a girl so may be off base, but Im not sure Chris is that sexually turned on. She is possibly the good on paper mate for him. Like a girl he is sexually into could walk down the road one day and JP style he thinks "ay ay yi" and looks at Whit in her Lily Pulitzer digs and social graces and has regret.

With that said, not sure she's wanting to lay in bed with him all day either (gag). Yet I think both could find that with another , just don't think it's there. And that's important....very important.

• Love 6

Chris + Becca = The two most boring people in history.  If they marry and sit in that farmhouse having "conversations" every night the camera of life will pan back and show a flock of crows lifting off the roof in horror.

I'm so mad at Becca for causing us all to waste last week's episode thread debating why she has never fallen in love or "felt anything," when the simple ordinary truth is that she has "decided to wait for marriage."  She could have just told us that from the start instead of repeating, "I'm a virgin," a thousand times over with no explanation as to why.  She did the same thing to Chris before the Fantasy Suite, leaving him to guess whether or not she meant, "I'm a virgin, please be gentle tonight,"  of "I'm a virgin, and I intend to stay that way until my wedding night."  But those are complex sentences and beyond either person's ability to speak or comprehend.  Becca not only has the vocal fry going on, but I find myself looking for a puppet on her lap when she speaks because of the weird lack of lip movement .

I'm still making excuses for Whitney, though.  I think her involuntary smile when Kaitlyn left proves she's Right Reasons and incapable of acting.  She really, really wants this dumb, sweaty guy for mysterious reasons of her own and I do hope she "wins," but then wakes-up before she burns her bridges behind her.  I don't see anything wrong or anti-feminist with wanting to step away from her career for a few years while she raises children on a wealthy farm in Iowa.  Sounds kind of idyllic to me.  She just needs a nicer more worthy man to do it with.

Kaitlyn cries pretty and went out with style.  I could see her wanting to make a joke about the rooster crowing and fighting the urge.

• Love 13

Hi, Im new to this forum so i would appreciate some advice please.  I just started a topic on Chris and it was taken off.  I was saying something negative about him.  Is this not allowed on the forum?  If  my negative opinion of him is against forum rules then i would just like to know.

Thanx

[Note from mod:  mirandarossi--Welcome.  Please see the PM from mod bella for more information.  The opinions expressed were not the issue.--Rhondinella]

Edited by Rhondinella

I wonder if Chris and Becca made a "deal" in their conversation before the rose ceremony. Maybe they decided they really weren't right for each other, but Chris wanted to keep Becca on because she wouldn't be hurt if he turned her down at the final rose ceremony. I do think he is sincere in not wanting to hurt anybody and feeling bad when he does. There was one point early in the show where he was standing there quietly and I thought, "He looks like he's about to cry and he's trying not to", and then he did start to cry!

• Love 2

Hi, Im new to this forum so i would appreciate some advice please.  I just started a topic on Chris and it was taken off.  I was saying something negative about him.  Is this not allowed on the forum?  If  my negative opinion of him is against forum rules then i would just like to know.

Thanx

I've no idea why your post/thread was removed.  It could be a glitch in the system or your post was moved to another thread.  It could have been reported as offensive and was deleted entirely or is being held until the moderator for this forum can look it over, although if that were the case I'd think you'd have gotten a PM from the mod explaining what's going on.  You could just repost here, negative posts aren't disallowed.  Posts that attack other posters, are unnecessarily vulgar, reveal private information about other posters or people other than yourself would be removed. 

You could PM Tara http://forums.previously.tv/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=9962 or Rhondella http://forums.previously.tv/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=send&do=form&fromMemberID=54 to ask for more information.

[Note from mod: Thanks Zahdii!  I think we've got it taken care of now.--Rhondinella]

Edited by Rhondinella

I absolutely agree that Chris kept Becca because she will rebound easily when the proposal goes to Whitney.  I can't understand all the superlatives some people have been throwing around about Becca: mature, level headed, humorous, etc.   She seems very immature to me, in giggling about her lack of experience, she has an entry level, Joe-job with a limited future, no desire for further education and she put herself right in the cross-hairs of public judging.  I just don't think there's much "there" with her. 

• Love 11

Thanx

I'd bet it was because this forum tries to stay lean with the topics. New topics aren't started much. You can talk about not liking Chris right here. Plenty of others are.

Note from mod: Indeed--Rhondinella

Edited by Rhondinella

I dont know how he managed that - I would have run to the nearest hotel for three consecutive long hot showers.  

Animals in a foreign country biting, scratching, and peeing on you sounds like the start of an ebola-like epidemic scare. 

The Bachelor: First Exposure

The Bachelor: On the Wings of Bird Flu

The Bachelor: Quarantine

The Bachelor: Love in a Hazmat Suit

The Bachelor: Bleeding from Every Orifice

So many possibilities.

• Love 9

Have they ever had the women/bachelor dress in regional costume at the rose ceremony? I thought they looked good.

I loved the clothes and the hairstyles on the women, they looked amazing.  Kaitlyn look the prettiest she has been all season.  She is someone who to me, got prettier as the season went on.  Whitney looked good with a little bit of a tan in her TH's.  I did not like all the eye make up and false eyelashes on Becca.

Kaitlyn's exit was really together.  She went out on a high note like I have not seen on this show ever before.  I am not sure about her for a Bachelorette though.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 2

I absolutely agree that Chris kept Becca because she will rebound easily when the proposal goes to Whitney.  I can't understand all the superlatives some people have been throwing around about Becca: mature, level headed, humorous, etc.   She seems very immature to me, in giggling about her lack of experience, she has an entry level, Joe-job with a limited future, no desire for further education and she put herself right in the cross-hairs of public judging.  I just don't think there's much "there" with her. 

I don't see anything "there" with her. She's pretty, she's quiet, she doesn't bring any drama. But she also seems to have no personality and be extremely dull no matter what she is talking about. Quite a contrast to Kaitlyn, who is always so lively and animated. And to Whitney, who is much the same, plus very focused on her goal (Chris)--probably the same way she focused on becoming a nurse. I don't mind either Kaitlyn or Whitney, but Becca really bugs me. She seems to feel so little, express herself so poorly, that if CH revealed (at the Most Dramatic RC Ever) that this season was the show's first successful pairing of two genuine robots, I would not be surprised. When they are on screen together, they are so excruciatingly boring that I want to run screaming from the room.

But since "communication" and "fun" and "humor" and "excitement" don't seem part of the personalities of either Becca or Chris (and also seem to be missing from farm life in Arlington), I think they might be perfect for each other.

• Love 12

When it was obvious that Becca wasn't being sent home and was still in the running, Whitney looked more nervous and less sure of herself, but poor Kaitlyn looked downright sick.  Turns out she was right to be worried, and then she had to be subjected to Chris trying to explain himself in a disjointed speech delivered to her in a high-pitched whisper.  I think I could see her change from being upset at losing out on the chance to marry Chris and realizing that losing Chris wasn't really the problem.  It was the humiliation of being dumped right after spending the night in the Fantasy Suite.  We don't know if they had sex, but Kaitlyn had to know that a lot of people were wondering if she and Chris went for a test drive and she failed. 

Yes, Kaitlyn was more humiliated than sad about losing the chance to marry Chris.  She said she "was starting to fall in love"  and he responded that he was also "falling in love".  Then he dumps her.   So, the public humiliation hurts.  

And to people watching on TV -  the whole Fantasy Suite thing looks Like Chris "test-drove"  each of the three women, and wasn't impressed with Kaitlyn's  "performance".  True or not, that's the story  the producers told, that's the impression we're given, and that's a pretty big humiliation.  

As for Whitney -  I hate the way her life choices are presented as a dichotomy  -  she is presenting it as a choice to LEAVE a professional career and be a homemaker/wife/mother.   I hate that idea, that women have to completely abandon a career in order to marry.  For most of us, there's a middle ground.  Working until you have a baby, taking time off, returning to work part-time, keeping up with your profession and going back to your career full-time later.  That's the way so many women do it.  She lives in chicago - most of her colleagues will follow a path where they find a way to navigate the balance of career and family.   Chicago has those opportunities.  Suburbs have great hospitals and schools, and plenty of opportunities for that work/life balance.   Tiny towns in Iowa don't have that.  

The story - Big city career woman gives it all up to raise babies on a farm - that's the story the show is selling to us, and I don't like it.  It's different if you MEET a guy, fall in love, and make compromises.  But this is what she signed up for - giving up all her dreams, her life, and being "Chris's wife".  Yeah, if I were her older sister I'd tell her she would have other chances at happiness, and encourage her to hold out for a guy who is willing to give up something for HER. 

• Love 8

Normally I'd agree totally with this, backformore, but in this situation it seems that the choice really is either not marrying Chris and having a career, or marrying him and being a homemaker.  Or at least it is if she wants to continue in fertility nursing.  Could she have a career in a town an hour or more away, sure I suppose, but maybe she's not interested in other kinds of nursing jobs and there probably aren't a ton of fertility clinics in Cedar Rapids, or any town smaller than that.

Then again maybe she really is one of those women who really does want to invest their life and identity in having and raising kids.  Hey, I'm not one of those, but I know lots of people who are and are seemingly very content so . . . . more power to her if it's what she wants.  If she were really career driven I don't think she'd let the infatuation with a man she's only known for 6 weeks on a dating show derail her.

• Love 6

She may also feel she's -had- a career and is looking forward to a different kind of lifestyle, maybe just while children are growing up, maybe forever. I can understand that. Plus, as a nurse, she will have more opportunities to do that--or work part-time as a nurse--than many other careers where you really can't get back in once you leave.

To the other point, that Chris pretty much thinks life with his wife will be "all about him", I think that's true. He has, imo, shown minimal interest in the needs and interests of anyone else. But I think Whitney, unlike Becca, is the kind of strong woman who goes after what she wants and who knows how to make situations work through determination, discipline and hard work. I think Chris could do a lot worse (can't say the same for her, though.)

• Love 4

Some women do actually want to get married, have kids, and be able to be at home with them.  For that type of woman finding a man who is like minded and wants that too can be challenging.  If they both want this then maybe they are a good match for each other.

• Love 7

I'm surprised the sacred temple, this very holy place, allowed this totally bullshit show to be filmed there. How holy can it be you allow a fake show from America where a man is dating and lying to 3 women come to your sacred ground to dump one of them after having sex with all 3? Right.

• Love 8

My issue with his choice of Becca was I didn't really see anything between them up until the last few episodes.  She's void of drama, which is good, but also void of personality, which is not so good.  She always seems to be looking to him for some kind of answer.  The virgin thing was weird, it was almost like she wanted him to reject her so she could say that was why he did.  When in reality, the fact that she waited so long to say anything and did it in such a manipulative way is probably why he might have.  

Then next episode someone tells Chris he's in love with her and I was just like "Huh?  Where?"  I didn't see any of that.  They don't really laugh a whole lot and all they talk about is their relationship.  At least with Kaitlyn he laughed and looked like he was having a good time.  With Becca he looks so pained and with Whitney he looks like he's going "Whoa..." the whole time.

• Love 1

Wow, this week really changed my mind about these women.

Whitney - I completely lost all respect for you this week.  To be willing to give up your career, one that you openly state you worked hard to get, just to pop out lots of babies with Chris?  That's just sad.  I pegged you on the first day as someone who just wants a man to look after you, but you managed to change my mind about that.  With this episode, I've gone right back to the opinion I had about you on day one.  You just want a man to look after you.  Sad.  I hope you 'win'.

Becca - I feel really bad for you.  You remind me way to much of myself (personality-wise, definitely not in looks).  You are just so boring and emotionless.  It makes for a very unhappy existence!  People think I'm cool and stress-free.  Nope, just emotionless.  Comes in handy sometimes, but it doesn't make for great relationships (friends, family, or dating).

Kaitlyn - Never really thought much of you all season, but I really like you this episode.  And I thought you looked gorgeous at the rose ceremony.  I hope you're the Bachelorette next season... that would be fun to watch!

Chris - Boring.  Can't articulate.  Sweat.  Monkey pee.  Enough said.

Agree that a sacred temple is a very odd place to hold the rose ceremony for The Bachelor.  And that the dates were disappointing.

• Love 4

Well, could those three dates be any more telling? Who got the best one out of these: 1. A date where you have diseased, flea- and lice-ridden wild monkeys jump on you, pee on you and bite you. 2. A date where some "fortune teller" answers your dumb questions with dumb stock answers, then you stand in ankle-deep water and kiss. 3. You spend the day on a yacht, sailing, having an elegant lunch on its deck, then go swimming in the Indian Ocean.

Oh, I don't know ... NOT! It's pretty clear who Chris was working to impress.

Becca, I can't get past her face. Her eyes are pitch black, like Dean Winchester's when he was a demon. And her mouth is in a constant downturn. We made fun of Andi being Grumpy Cat but Becca has it all over Andi on that account. Plus her mouth doesn't move when she talks, or something is weird when she speaks. It's really torturous to watch/listen to.

All I could think of when Chris said he needed to check out "physical compatibility" on the FS dates was, if he came right from no FS with Andi to filming for this season, guy hasn't been laid for a while.

Ryan Seacrest just said on his radio show that Becca did it perfectly when she told Chris. First, she says she has something really serious to tell him, then pauses so Chris imagines the worst, like she's a murderer. Then, when Becca finally just says she's a virgin, Chris is all relieved that the big news isn't something really horrible. So Becca wins that round.

FINALLY, a rose ceremony where all the women looked beautiful, with no scraggly hair full of fake extensions down to their waist and rhinestone hooker dresses cut down to and up to there. Each looked lovely with hair done up gorgeously and complimentary colors so pretty on those exquisite wrap dresses. 

However, what happened to Chris H at the end? Poor Kaitlin didn't have anyone to tell her to say good bye and see ya at WTA.

p.s. Kudos to Whitney for getting those roots touched up while you were home last week.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 7

I thought Whitney and Becca looked awful during the rose ceremony. I understand they tied their hair back because of the humidity but neither style looked good. 

As others have said, Chris's sighs, pauses, and giggles make him insufferable. No inflection. No emotion. Super boring. I can't bring myself to care who he chooses. 

• Love 4

I don't think Whitney is throwing anything away if she chooses not to work while having children. (And raising children is work, it's just not considered a "job" because there's no paycheck attached.) My impression of her is that she's thought very carefully about her options, what she can accept and what would be dealbreakers, and decided that she would like to be a stay-at-home mom when she has children. She can have an active and interesting life being a stay at home mom just as much as if she was working full time; it depends more upon her attitude than her circumstances.

• Love 6

It's one thing to be a stay-at-home-mom in a city with things to do, places to go and like-minded friends. It's an entirely different thing to be a stay-at-home-mom in the middle of nowhere, far from friends, family and social opportunities.

• Love 3

I don't think Whitney is throwing anything away if she chooses not to work while having children. (And raising children is work, it's just not considered a "job" because there's no paycheck attached.) My impression of her is that she's thought very carefully about her options, what she can accept and what would be dealbreakers, and decided that she would like to be a stay-at-home mom when she has children. She can have an active and interesting life being a stay at home mom just as much as if she was working full time; it depends more upon her attitude than her circumstances.

And if that's the calculus Whitney's applying, she wouldn't be the first woman to find someone who fit the basic requirements and jump at the chance/ rush into it.

I have a hard time putting the blame on any of these people (when Becca told him she was a virgin etc...) how do we know how much is completely producer driven? Like Chris Harrison's long heartfelt talk with him is so fake. I often wonder how he keeps a straight face. My issue with the whole proposal thing is how can you propose to someone who you aren't even dating exclusively until the day you propose?

I never understand how people say stuff like he should have let both Becca and Kaitlyn go. How can he? That isn't how show works. It isn't up to him. And he doesn't pick who goes on what dates or writes the date cards (nor does CH). This show is very produced.

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 2

Whitney's reaction didn't surprise me at all. She doesn't really care about Chris. She doesn't care about the feelings of the other women. She's the Tracy Flick of The Bachelor.

Well, Kaitlin had a similar reaction when she thought Becca was leaving. She even had face time with the camera about it. 

Yes, Kaitlyn was more humiliated than sad about losing the chance to marry Chris.  She said she "was starting to fall in love"  and he responded that he was also "falling in love".  Then he dumps her.   So, the public humiliation hurts.  

And to people watching on TV -  the whole Fantasy Suite thing looks Like Chris "test-drove"  each of the three women, and wasn't impressed with Kaitlyn's  "performance".  True or not, that's the story  the producers told, that's the impression we're given, and that's a pretty big humiliation.  

As for Whitney -  I hate the way her life choices are presented as a dichotomy  -  she is presenting it as a choice to LEAVE a professional career and be a homemaker/wife/mother.   I hate that idea, that women have to completely abandon a career in order to marry.  For most of us, there's a middle ground.  Working until you have a baby, taking time off, returning to work part-time, keeping up with your profession and going back to your career full-time later.  That's the way so many women do it.  She lives in chicago - most of her colleagues will follow a path where they find a way to navigate the balance of career and family.   Chicago has those opportunities.  Suburbs have great hospitals and schools, and plenty of opportunities for that work/life balance.   Tiny towns in Iowa don't have that.  

The story - Big city career woman gives it all up to raise babies on a farm - that's the story the show is selling to us, and I don't like it.  It's different if you MEET a guy, fall in love, and make compromises.  But this is what she signed up for - giving up all her dreams, her life, and being "Chris's wife".  Yeah, if I were her older sister I'd tell her she would have other chances at happiness, and encourage her to hold out for a guy who is willing to give up something for HER.

I agree. It's not like Chris is special enough for her to make all these sacrifices. Not just moving to Arlington, but her career! I couldn't do it. I think she's talked herself into it, because she's desperate to be a wife and mother. But that won't make for a strong marriage.

While sometimes I think maybe she could help out with the farming business, that's just speculation, because Chris himself has never proposed that as an option. I'm thinking he doesn't want his wife involved in "his job," or he would have suggested it to one of the ladies somewhere along the line.

This was a dull episode. Fantasy Suite eps often are. And they're usually squicky, too. I don't need to see them enter the bedroom and sit on the damned bed. Just the thought of boinking a guy who just came from or is going to another woman grosses me out to no end, as does the whole "test driving" idea.

Becca definitely should have mentioned the virgin thing earlier, she had a perfect opening when the shaman made the comment about "making love." I got tired of her talking about needing to tell him -- just tell him already! I also am confused as to why she's a virgin -- I figured it was because she's never been in love, and was waiting for that, but then she made a comment about waiting for marriage, so which is it? Or did she wait so long, she now figures she might as well wait until marriage? So confusing.

Kaitlyn saying she was humiliated (as opposed to heartbroken) tells me she wasn't in love with Chris, and good for her. I'd be humiliated, too, especially if he had sex with her.

Becca is boring as hell, but she sure looked pretty at the RC, I loved that hairstyle on her. Very flattering. Kaitlyn looked adorable, too. Whitney looked weird.

I never understand how people say stuff like he should have let both Becca and Kaitlyn go. How can he? That isn't how show works. It isn't up to him.

Actually, several people have let the third person go ahead of time, so there is flexibility there. The bachelorettes seem to do it more than the men. Desiree was on a final three date (final two, I think, because one guy had already left) and she let him go before the date was halfway through. They kept from Chris that he was the final one to continue the suspense. Ali also sent home one guy early toward the end -- I think he was in the final three -- the one who had a dead mother and saw rainbows. Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 2

It's one thing to be a stay-at-home-mom in a city with things to do, places to go and like-minded friends. It's an entirely different thing to be a stay-at-home-mom in the middle of nowhere, far from friends, family and social opportunities.

right - being a stay at home mom can be  great.  But Whitney is living in a place where there are preschools, park districts, libraries, all kinds of support networks for mom of babies and preschoolers.  

I see Whitney as a woman who might have realized recently that infertility strikes a lot of women, and she could be one of them.  If she doesn't have babies soon she might not be able to.  In her work, she sees couples who put all their financial assets into dealing with infertility.   SO - she is ready to have children - NOW.  And I think her decision to go on The Bachelor was also a decision to "fall in love"  with whomever the B turned out to be.  Her goal was being who HE wanted her to be, so she would be chosen. She's working hard to "WIN"  so that she can have babies.  

I just think that down the road, she will realize that she gave up, not just a career, but a life, social connections, etc.  She seems too high-energy to be so isolated in a tiny town. 

I think what Chris envisions is the 1950's wife who cooks and cleans, he comes home to a home-cooked dinner, drinks, and TV.   When the kids come, they will keep her occupied.  Whitney will try to be the June Cleaver that he wants.  One day she might wake up and realize that she gave up everything, and he gave up nothing.  Marriage is about compromise.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6

Add my name to the list of folks who noticed that last night was the first time we heard Becca say that she is "waiting for marriage." It was one of those spit-take moments for me -- "What the hell did she just say? Why didn't she say that before?"

It's such a basic rationalization for virginhood, I have no idea why it was never expressed earlier. Like a smart person mentioned above [JudyObscure], this means we wasted a lot of pixels theorizing about *why* she's still a virgin -- lesbian? asexual? -- and now it turns out it was like the simplest thing ever. (Not that it's simple to wait for marriage, I just mean it's the most easily comprehensible, in its way.) (NOT GONNA JUDGE.)

And another really smart person [Zahdii] noted that a VIRGIN WHO IS WAITING FOR MARRIAGE USUALLY DOESN'T BOTHER GOING ON A MIKE FLEISS BIKINI-N-HOTTUB STD REALITY SHOW.

And another thing: The editing monkeys gave us the typical "draw the curtains, turn off the lights, send the camera crew home" clip for the Becca & Chris FS date. We heard -- or was it just me? -- Becca giving some voice-over like, "oh it was such a relief to share this with Chris, and now we can move forward, and it's all awesome, and he's great," as the curtains fall and we can see them embrace in the room. Commercial.

THEN, at the rose ceremony, he pulls her aside and they CLEARLY agree that they had a very tense and unromantic evening, with lots of unanswered questions and anxiety. WTH? Did anyone else think this? It seemed jarring to me.

Edited by TiaLou
  • Love 3

Kaitlyn really dodged a bullet.  I'm sure it sucks to be eliminated, but it's good that she was at this stage.  I don't think she was really into him, she always seemed to know that the other shoe would drop.

Whitney is ready to chuck her good career and move to a town (that everyone has warned her about) that she's never seen to marry this dude.  It's fine to want to be married and have babies right away, but when the guy is even telling her that she should really think about whether she could handle Arlington after living in Chicago, it tells me she's pretty clueless about the living situation and only wants to "win" and have babies.  It could work, I've seen the smart, bubbly, cheerleader marry the soft spoken Iowa farmer and be happy as a wife and mom, but it's also hard to watch a smart woman sell herself short.  I do think she might have regrets after a few weeks of not seeing another soul and having her husband sitting around drinking whatever that is in that tumbler 24/7.

I had to mute Becca last night after the 47th time she mentioned to the audience she was a virgin and we were still 10 minutes away from her big reveal to Chris.  These Bali dates must've really sucked that they only thing they could spend time on was Becca's reveal that she's now waiting for marriage.  Why did she go on this show?  Did she not realize it would require public displays of affection?  I think Chris handled the "reveal" as well as he could've, "I respect your decision, blah, blah, blah."  I'm surprised they didn't have them recap the next morning conversation which apparently, temporarily broke them up.  If Becca isn't all in as far as Arlington is concerned, why keep her?  I think Chris and Becca might be the most boring people on the Bachelor ever.  Can you imagine if they  ended up together?  I can't imagine they'd even ever talk to each other let alone have kids.  Something has happened to Becca to make her fear intimacy, she's 26 and pretty, it doesn't make sense.

• Love 1

If Becca (a virgin for whatever reason and, more important, apparently quite undemonstrative both in word and deed) is indeed cold, not that into him, and she and Chris had bad chemistry in the FS, she would make a perfect F2.

However, since I don't think Chris is even (that) creative, I suppose he's keeping her because she's pretty and a challenge. Plus, because like him, she doesn't seem to have many thoughts or use many words. He may also find the far-more verbal and interesting Whitney exhausting to be around.  I can see Chris and Becca on adjacent rocking chairs in their golden years, with one occasionally making a comment about the corn crop and the other, barely listening, giving a grunt in response.  I cannot remember a more boring possible F1 in TB history. 

• Love 5