Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

As announced on TD - FTWD addition, the premiere of TD for season 7 will be an hour and a half long. So we'll get 90 whole minutes of Gimple and Kirkman talking about how epic their totally not already spoiled at all premiere was! 

1 hour ago, weightyghost said:

As announced on TD - FTWD addition, the premiere of TD for season 7 will be an hour and a half long. So we'll get 90 whole minutes of Gimple and Kirkman talking about how epic their totally not already spoiled at all premiere was! 

Well, how long is the actual episode. Please tell me that's not 90 minutes, too.

Edited by kia112
Just now, Mya Stone said:

Yeah. That did it for me. Steven is just such a stellar guy. He got emotional...then I did. 

The In Memorium music always gets me. Combine that with sweet Glenn and Steven getting emotional, and I just can't take it.

• Love 3

My friend is there...great seats too...they are all having a blast..her husband is in Smashmouth.....no they havent done much lately but it obviously has perks :)

I for one still love Smashmouth 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Glaze Crazy said:

Yeah, that Glenn memorial montage was sadder than the episode death.

LOL at the rain on their outside event. LA hasn't had much rain for months. They were pretty safe, on paper, doing this outside tonight.

RAIN????  That's not rain.  It is sporadically spitting here in SoCal.   Seriously,,

• Love 3

I wasn't shocked, these were my guesses all along so I'm not sure if that's why I'm underwhelmed. I do love Steven Yuen and I will miss the actor on the show. But I can survive Glenn. I the comeraderie amongst the cast is the sadness I will feel. 

• Love 1

The memorials were so sad, especially Glenns. :(

Sonequa's green lipstick is horrible. However, I love Christian Serratos's dark color.

Interesting Chandler's not there, wouldn't he contractually obligated to? Or know very long ahead of the time.

• Love 2

Hardwick, quit trying to make the rain happen ("it's cathartic"), it's NOT going to happen. 

Seriously. What am I watching? A 90 minute after show for a 60 minute episode? At the coliseum? In the pouring rain? With an audience the size of a small town. Talk about getting too self important....

And, honestly, I feel like having every damn cast member on really takes away from Steven and Michael. Steven, especially, deserves a full hour. He's been on the show since day one. Have some respect!

9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Interesting Chandler's not there, wouldn't he contractually obligated to? Or know very long ahead of the time.

It's probably because of school.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And, honestly, I feel like having every damn cast member on really takes away from Steven and Michael. Steven, especially, deserves a full hour. He's been on the show since day one. Have some respect!

THIS!!!   Although, I like these panel shows because it's the only time we ever get to see the main characters.  ;P

Steven, you were the light of the show, here's 30 seconds of it....moving on!  When he killed that zombie while duct taped to a chair was one of the best scenes of the entire series.  His montage was a little off for me.

Edited by peach
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I FF some of it, but apparently they ignored the atrocity of what they did to Carl this episode.

I thought this wasn't as bad as usual because we didn't have endless quizzes and polls and no comedians on the couch trying to be funny. Chris also seemed more subbed and didn't get to hand out any silly props. I think having most of the cast there was for the audience who came to the cemetery, but it would have been OK to just have Steven and Michael as well. Fan screaming aside, I always like the fact that Norman seems like such a sweet guy and the other cast members love him. Question: Is Danai also British? I never thought she was but she seemed to be talking with an accent tonight. 

The Glen montage made me cry but I wish it had a little saying or poem at the end the way Herschel's did or the others who died. The show was longer than usual but seemed a little rushed. Still-no quizzes or props, lets do this every week!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, festivus said:

Ha Ha, JDM blaming Glen's death on Daryl. So do I! He better watch out for the crazy Daryl fans.

He's already dealt with crazy Supernatural fans. He'll be fine LOL(FTR I AM an SPN fan. I hope I'm not crazy though)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I thought this wasn't as bad as usual because we didn't have endless quizzes and polls and no comedians on the couch trying to be funny. Chris also seemed more subbed and didn't get to hand out any silly props. I think having most of the cast there was for the audience who came to the cemetery, but it would have been OK to just have Steven and Michael as well. Fan screaming aside, I always like the fact that Norman seems like such a sweet guy and the other cast members love him. Question: Is Danai also British? I never thought she was but she seemed to be talking with an accent tonight. 

The Glen montage made me cry but I wish it had a little saying or poem at the end the way Herschel's did or the others who died. The show was longer than usual but seemed a little rushed. Still-no quizzes or props, lets do this every week!

Danai was born in Iowa.  Her family moved to Zimbabwe when she was five, which is her parents' country of origin. 

• Love 1

I wasn't paying much attention and I don't usually watch these.  Does the guy with Yvette Nicole Brown (think he might be the super fan from last season?) seem like he's trying to find something nice to say even though he's disappointed? 

• Love 1

Loved the rain, especially when it killed Chris's mic. I'm surprised they couldn't get a gazebo canopy quickly erected over the seats. When Chris said Jesus was weeping too, I was hoping he'd make a reference to the Jesus on the show.

Otherwise, I think they spent way too much time on Andrew and Norman, and not enough on Steven and JDM. Norman is a nice guy but waiting on his fans' to react and his rambling answers aren't very entertaining. And while I love YNB, Chris wasted too much time on her and the superfan. The holes in the super-fans ears for the ear plugs was really distracting. I'd rather they remove the fan call instead of the other stuff, because fans don't always ask the best questions, especially live.

• Love 5

I do think YNB and hardwick were really struggling as super fans. Her especially, for them it was a funeral. And I'm ok with a more subdued hardwick. I wanted somebody to say that the rain let the boys cry and pretend it was just the sky leaking on their face. I saw both Cudlitz and Steven Yuen wiping their eyes. I know SY already had some other job over the regular hiatus but I do hope like John Bernthal that it's a really good stepping off point in his career. Im loyal and I follow my people, I still watch things based on Freaks n Geeks cast and my favorite shows. I'll check out anything he does that I have access to. 

• Love 2

I think a much better play would have been ending the season with the kill, then making the premiere about aftermath reaction and a surprise second kill, but they went for stringing the audience along instead of good storytelling.  So, to me, this 90-Minute Extravaganza! they put together for themselves was a big display of self-congratulations they didn't deserve.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, festivus said:

Ha Ha, JDM blaming Glen's death on Daryl. So do I! He better watch out for the crazy Daryl fans.

They polled viewers and I think it was roughly 70% DIDN'T blame Daryl. 

Effing fangirls....

8 hours ago, peach said:

Steven, you were the light of the show, here's 30 seconds of it....moving on!  When he killed that zombie while duct taped to a chair was one of the best scenes of the entire series.  His montage was a little off for me.

I didn't like the montages. They felt like they were copied and spliced by some middle school AV geek. There were weird pauses and transitions and it just didn't flow right. I've seen better tributes that fans have made on YouTube. 

Also, didn't care for how they included his brutal death sounds. Just not necessary. 

5 hours ago, placate said:

I wasn't paying much attention and I don't usually watch these.  Does the guy with Yvette Nicole Brown (think he might be the super fan from last season?) seem like he's trying to find something nice to say even though he's disappointed? 

YES! I got the same vibe. Not all "fans" love the direction they've been going in lately. I still love the core group, and that's why I watch, but all this showboating and angling for ratings has become quite obvious. I didn't even think Yvette was super pumped. I know it was a death episode, but there was more to it than just natural grieving. 

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't like the montages. They felt like they were copied and spliced by some middle school AV geek. There were weird pauses and transitions and it just didn't flow right. I've seen better tributes that fans have made on YouTube. 

Also, didn't care for how they included his brutal death sounds. Just not necessary. 

Totally Agree.  They could have done a better job of selecting clips and editing them together.  Hell, they had all freaking summer!

During Abe's montage all I could think of was how many shades of red does L'Oréal make?  Every clip they showed revealed a different haircolor, from vibrant red, to auburn to strawberry blond.  Continuity?  What's that?  

The short clip of behind the scenes special effects with Glen's prosthetic skull/eyeball made me chuckle because I was thinking to myself:  "BABY RUTH!"

I just didn't dig the way the seating was done.  Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus were GLUED to those first 2 chairs closest to Hardwick.  I guess we know who the big stars are now.  It just seemed awkward when they brought out Cudlitz and Steven Yuen and they ended up sitting several seats away while they were being "showcased".  

Sasha and Rosita apparently spent too much time at MAC's Star Trek lipstick counter.

Hardwick actually looks pretty ok with his hair "deflated" and sans bed head.

One final note, Hardwick: It never rains in California, But girls don't they warn ya, It pours, man it pours

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

I just didn't dig the way the seating was done.  Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus were GLUED to those first 2 chairs closest to Hardwick.  I guess we know who the big stars are now.  It just seemed awkward when they brought out Cudlitz and Steven Yuen and they ended up sitting several seats away while they were being "showcased".  

Man I didn't think of that but yes, why didn't they move down like Lauren and Danai kept doing. Michael and Steven each deserved a turn in the big boys seat when they were being featured. 

The episode felt like watching a snuff film. We've had violence on this show but not quite like this. It also may be beatings with bats are such a fear to me and I'm always sickened when it's depicted on screen. It just doesn't feel like the same show anymore.

As much as Kirkman can be a douche I did appreciate his fan boy glee discussing the picture of Glenn and Rick meeting for the first time on set. I can't imagine for a comic book creator to see your vision come to reality.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

During Abe's montage all I could think of was how many shades of red does L'Oréal make?  Every clip they showed revealed a different haircolor, from vibrant red, to auburn to strawberry blond.  Continuity?  What's that?  

Ha. I know Abe has red hair in the comic, but damn - some things can stray a bit. Cudlitz is such a handsome guy, IMO, but that garish red shit ruined him. 

• Love 3

I just didn't dig the way the seating was done.  Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus were GLUED to those first 2 chairs closest to Hardwick.  I guess we know who the big stars are now.  It just seemed awkward when they brought out Cudlitz and Steven Yuen and they ended up sitting several seats away while they were being "showcased".

Yeah, I didn't see the purpose in that either, particularly Norman who wasn't even a huge focus in this episode. Yes, they framed the episode completely through Rick's eyes, but we'll have lots more time to talk to Andrew Lincoln in the future, this is basically the last time for Steven and Michael to appear on TTD. 

I thought MAYBE they would scoot down once JDM hit the stage, but no, they seated him on the other end. On a purely shallow note, those glasses really work for JDM, he is super hot. 

Chris Hardwick's joke about being "the third death" due to using a regular mike in the rain made me laugh, as did his increasingly sodden appearance after every commercial break. It was like watching a time-lapse video of a drowned rat. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Bees52 said:

I don't remember Talking Dead feeling sooo funeral-like before when we lost favorite characters.

Well #100 was a big turning point for the comic so this storyline plus the cliffhanger led to this.

With that said, they should do cast panels every week (inside or out!). No fluff, the polls didn't take up too much time, and most importantly NO TIME WASTING LIVE QUIZ!

• Love 3