Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

Probably get some argument on this, but I thought it also helped that, when the audience did start their murmuring, CH cut them off at the knees. :) He seemed really protective of her this time out.

No, I noticed that and I really appreciated it. 

On a shallow note, I thought it was interesting that Lauren had her hair in what looked to be a short pixie cut. Would she be able to grow it back out by the time shooting begins on the next season, or does that indicate that Maggie might opt for shorter hair once the baby is around?

• Love 1

The way Chris pronounces Marquand irritates me.

I thought the actor pronounced it Mark-wand, too...unless you're referring to Chris exaggerating the name with dramatic effect like it's the most novel thing he's ever heard every time he says it, which, well, fair enough. (Not knowing any better, I would have pronounced it the French way, which roughly sounds like Mahrkahnh, but I've met lots of people with what seemed like French names who did not pronounce those names the way I would have expected them to.)

The over pro-nunciation, he did it every single time. And he did it on @midnight so he carried it to another show. Once is enough, we got it Buddy.

Yeah, that was irritating. It's not even as if "Marquand" is such a strange name or an inherently funny one. It's just...a French surname. Thank goodness he doesn't do that with the other actors.

It's kind of weird not only that Merritt is not on but also that there are only talking head segments with other actors talking about Denise's death. I'm not sure that I buy Hardwick's explanation about Merritt's schedule not permitting it. Maybe Wever left the show under bad terms?

Eugene's actor's voice is so much nicer than his in-character accent.

• Love 1

This English teacher fan is doing rather well - you can tell he's nervous, who wouldn't be? But I actually like his comments on the symbolism of the episode (I would have loved his class!) and he's doing surprisingly well considering he's in a room with a bunch of stars and an audience far more interested in everyone BUT him.

And on the extra superficial end of the spectrum, I am so coveting the lipstick shade (and matte finish) Christian is wearing. I could never pull it off, but I covet it.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 4

That two seconds was the spoiler that I stayed up to see? Screw'em.

Cool gift for Greg. He did a great job. He also got close to the gorgeous Christian's boobs.

Yvette next week!

• Love 6

Greg the teacher was a better guest than 90 percent of the celebrity guests. His observations were smart and on the money. I hope he gets invited back to be a guest again next season.

And, I'm also going to be superficial and comment on how lovely Christian looked. And I LIKE Josh without that horrid aw'shucks accent.

• Love 14

I love, love, love Josh! I was happy he was listed as a guest and he didn't disappoint. It was only moments into the show when Hubby, said "you're right...this guy is awesome!"

I really need he and Cudlitz to do an episode together again though. Those two make a great comedy duo. :D

Ohhhh, those two and Yvette Nicole Brown...that may be my dream couch...

• Love 5

I love Josh, too. I was thinking he was probably one of the better choices to set the teacher at ease there, until he started rubbing his leg, LOL. I like the teacher, and he is better than most of the celebrity guests they've had. 

• Love 7

And on the extra superficial end of the spectrum, I am so coveting the lipstick shade (and matte finish) Christian is wearing. I could never pull it off, but I covet it.

Very subdued makeup, hair pulled back and no jewelry and she looked fantastic. Obviously she forgot her shirt but the black suit was really elegant.

• Love 5
Eugene's actor's voice is so much nicer than his in-character accent.

Right? Josh McDermitt is actually quite adorable. And he has much lighter hair. If I were him, I'd kind of hope to be killed off, so I could stop sporting that ugly mullet. 

This English teacher fan is doing rather well - you can tell he's nervous, who wouldn't be? But I actually like his comments on the symbolism of the episode (I would have loved his class!) and he's doing surprisingly well considering he's in a room with a bunch of stars and an audience far more interested in everyone BUT him.

I really did love his insightful comments about babies and parents. I think they should pair him with YNB one day, see what they could come up with. It was really cool hearing how he uses the show for his class. I just wished we could have seen his tattoos!

I really need he and Cudlitz to do an episode together again though. Those two make a great comedy duo. :D

Yes! Those two were so hilarious when they were on together. I really like Cudlitz, which gives me great guilt, because I'm hating Abe so much right now. 

• Love 4

Right? Josh McDermitt is actually quite adorable. And he has much lighter hair. If I were him, I'd kind of hope to be killed off, so I could stop sporting that ugly mullet. 

Josh is adorable! It's always great to have him on the show. I loved how faux-indignant he was over Abraham ignoring the sacred rules of dibs.

• Love 7

I dread Kirkman's appearance. He can be so annoying.

I am confident that Norman's appearance means Daryl does NOT die.

ETA: Oops, I meant to say that Daryl does NOT die.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I dread Kirkman's appearance. He can be so annoying.

I am confident that Norman's appearance means Daryl does NOT die.

ETA: Oops, I meant to say that Daryl does NOT die.

I thought the same thing about Reedus's appearance but was still going I could be completely delusional, ha - it comforts me that other people think this too. I came up with this dumb notion that the haircut of the Maggie actor could mean mourning for Glenn. But since he "died" already by the rules of fiction I am thinking he must be safe.

At least Gimple will counterbalance Kirkman, and Reedus probably won't be guarded about saying what he thinks just because the bosses are there.

Especially if he doesn't work for them anymore... Edited by ACW
  • Love 1

Greg the teacher was a better guest than 90 percent of the celebrity guests. His observations were smart and on the money. I hope he gets invited back to be a guest again next season.

I'd love to see him again too.  Carrie Underwood is all, "I love this show because it's my genre because I watch TV and movies 'n' stuff. *gumsmack*"  JB Smoove just tries to make everything about his own stupid penis.  Then Greg comes along and can speak intelligently and do King Lear comparisons.  Yeah, keep him and boot the airhead loser celebrities that have nothing to offer.  (YNB is an obvious exception, she should have a permanent place on that couch.)

Josh is adorable! It's always great to have him on the show.

My dream couch is Greg, YNB, and Josh.  That would be a winning combo.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 8

Josh, Yvette N Brown and Andrew Lincoln would be my dream couch. Actually just Andrew Lincoln would be fine too. He was so funny and charming the time he was on.

But how would YNB reference her notebook? Because if you put her on a couch between those two, restraints of some sort will be required.... ;)

• Love 5

OMG, I love Yvette, not like this, not like this. If I had money, I would bid on her notebook on Richonne.

OMG, Sonequa is stunning. I love her hair.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

When Hardwick asked YNB if she would auction her "notebook" off for charity, I thought, "Silly Hardwick - she has more than one notebook," and then she said she had more than one. I get you, YNB.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 5

I love Sonequa's take on Carol. Where ever you go, you are there. Yep, Carol needs to learn this.

Yvette is a goddess. I was doing a rewatch and all the details about that she is talking about Carol are the truth.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Yasssss, YNB! She is a treasure.

I loved the "Truck Dicks" moniker in the Memoriam segment. Hee.

Sonequa Martin-Green's explanations of Abraham/Sasha and Carol's journey were very insightful.

Enjoying the ladies-only TD.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 3

I know, I love how she said "I'm not proud of what I just did there."  Ha!

And then Hardwick said that he was glad that she did it so it wasn't him, the 15 year old. Ha.

Like Yvette, I did pick up on the Abraham/Sasha connection when I did my re-watch.

• Love 1