Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I only have a beloved niece, who recently informed me she's living with a tattoo'd guy 17 years her senior who has a 13 inch beard.  They have 2 dogs, so I guess I'm happy for her?  :-)

Sounds like she won the Sons of Anarchy version of The Bachelorette...

• Love 1

I've tried, but I can't make it past In Memoriam anymore..  The big "special effect" deconstruction is a car fire?  And the frantic electro-pop soundtrack for The Quiz sets my teeth on edge.

• Love 4

I don't know why but I actually like the little segments with the cheesy music. What I can't take is cast members who pontificate instead of just answering a damn question. Was so thankful when Josh showed up but even Christian's reaction to that was so off.

• Love 2

Wow. All of this justification for the plundering of Oceanside. And over 90% of those polled agree that it was the right thing to do? Sometimes it feels like I watch a totally different show from TD viewers...

• Love 5

Dockers dude lurking in the background with his blueberry plant in the cell...I don't know why, but it's just making me laugh and laugh. The actress playing Tara is answering a somewhat deep question about her character's motivations and all I can concentrate on is the Office Space dude in the background lurking like the world's least scary serial killer ever.

• Love 5
On 3/19/2017 at 10:09 PM, NorthstarATL said:

Christian's obviously not had any of the jobs I have had. No, not everyone wants to pushed.

But folks at the top of their game do generally like to push to be excellent - or be pushed to excellence, even.

Edited by Nashville
This edit brought to you be the Office of Redundant Redundancy.
  • Love 1

The super fan guy really looks like Andrew Lincoln. I liked that the couple acted normal and weren't squealing over Lauren Cohan. Why does Hardwick talk so damn fast- leave something out! We don't need the name of every person sending a fan tweet.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, shanndee said:

Wow. All of this justification for the plundering of Oceanside. And over 90% of those polled agree that it was the right thing to do? Sometimes it feels like I watch a totally different show from TD viewers...

I couldn't agree more. Who ARE these people. I have been ride-or-die Rick/CDB for a long time, but I can't get past this. It was just wrong. I can see no justification. 

• Love 4

I do not like the delay having to wait til after "Into the Badlands", what the hell is gonna happen when it's just "talking" with Chris Hardwick? Will it be devoted to Walking dead during walking dead season then just random nerdy topics the rest of the year? or "Saul" during Saul season, "Preacher" during preacher season?

Somehow I'm burping eggs this morning (and I don't eat eggs) but I somehow blame Chris Hardwick.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, nachomama said:

Will it be devoted to Walking dead during walking dead season then just random nerdy topics the rest of the year? or "Saul" during Saul season, "Preacher" during preacher season?

Star Trek: Discovery - Sasha fanboy does not recognize network boundaries.....

10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The super fan guy really looks like Andrew Lincoln. I liked that the couple acted normal and weren't squealing over Lauren Cohan. 

I thought they chose well for the contest. I would like to see a crazy goofball but the couple was comfortable, engaged, funny and telegenic (which probably drove 90% of the votes).

8 hours ago, nachomama said:

I do not like the delay having to wait til after "Into the Badlands", what the hell is gonna happen when it's just "talking" with Chris Hardwick? Will it be devoted to Walking dead during walking dead season then just random nerdy topics the rest of the year? or "Saul" during Saul season, "Preacher" during preacher season?

I hate the delay too and wish AMC would have at least postponed next week's airing of ITB so Talking Dead could air right after the finale.

Hardwick's show is supposed to be one guest or the cast from one show when it's not devoted to TWD or FTWD. But they're probably going to give Saul & Preacher dedicated shows for their premiers and finales, no?

• Love 1

Yes, I know BCS is going to have a "Talking" for the premier, for sure. I'm not sure if they're going to do it weekly, though. 

I am one who actually likes Chris Harrison....most of the time. But I do wish he'd tone it back a bit when he does the Saul show. It's has a totally different tone. 

• Love 2

I listen to his podcast so I know he can talk about many diverse subjects. He can carry on a conversation that isn't annoying but that's a whole different time frame, not hopping between guests and not centered on a specific episode of something so maybe the "Talking" show will work and can hold up when not Talking Dead season.

• Love 1

I cannot stand it when Lauren Cohan is a guest on any show. I'm a Maggie fan and she ruins her for me. She always makes it sound like they're doing Shakespeare, but she ends up talking in circles and not making any sense. She needs to stop taking it all so seriously.  Conversely, I don't care for Tara, but I like it when they have Alanna Masterson on the show. She seems very down to earth and makes me like Tara more.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes, I know BCS is going to have a "Talking" for the premier, for sure. I'm not sure if they're going to do it weekly, though. 

I am one who actually likes Chris Harrison....most of the time. But I do wish he'd tone it back a bit when he does the Saul show. It's has a totally different tone. 

Freudian slip, or do you watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette?   ;-)

I like Chris Hardwick, too.

• Love 2

They have a show for Better Call Saul? I haven't watched that for a couple of years. Only got a few episodes into it. I'll have to look it up.

So is "Talking" just going to be a general show, or was he referring to an after-show for FTWD, or Saul? I was so tired when I was listening, I fell asleep. 

44 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I cannot stand it when Lauren Cohan is a guest on any show. I'm a Maggie fan and she ruins her for me. She always makes it sound like they're doing Shakespeare, but she ends up talking in circles and not making any sense. She needs to stop taking it all so seriously.  Conversely, I don't care for Tara, but I like it when they have Alanna Masterson on the show. She seems very down to earth and makes me like Tara more.

That's how I feel about Michonne/Danai Gurira. Love Michonne, but Danai always comes off hyper-pretentious.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Freudian slip, or do you watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette?   ;-)

I like Chris Hardwick, too.

Hahahaha, I USED to watch Bachelor/ette. Funny slip up. 

27 minutes ago, Anela said:

They have a show for Better Call Saul? I haven't watched that for a couple of years. Only got a few episodes into it. I'll have to look it up.

So is "Talking" just going to be a general show, or was he referring to an after-show for FTWD, or Saul? I was so tired when I was listening, I fell asleep. 

He does them for a lot of the big AMC shows. I know for certain he did a Talking episode for the opening and closing episodes of Better Call Saul the first year. I can't remember what he did the last year. And I'm fairly certain he did at least one for Preacher, because I remember Seth Rogan was on. I'm all about it, because those two are probably my favorite things on TV right now and I always like to hear more from the cast and showrunners, but Hardwick needs to tone it down sometimes. Not so much with Talking Preacher, but with Talking Saul his energy doesn't seem to mesh well with the cast and crew of that show. 

1 hour ago, jackjill89 said:

Conversely, I don't care for Tara, but I like it when they have Alanna Masterson on the show. She seems very down to earth and makes me like Tara more.

Alanna has gotten better with her appearances. When she was first on, I couldn't stand her. She was trying way too hard to be funny and "in" on everything with everyone. She overtalked people and wouldn't shut up. I didn't mind her this week. 

Lauren surprised me because I always find her stunningly beautiful in real life, but I did not like the look she had going on this Sunday. I thought she looked like a poor man's Bowie. 

• Love 1

Chris Hardwick (Hanson) ;D is getting a full year round talk show. It won't be just during Walking Dead seasons, that's why I was mentioning it. Wasn't sure what his "content" was going to be when it isn't Ricky, Michonne, Choral, stuff n thangs to talk about/to. Better Call Saul is awesome, I went into it thinking I would haaaaate it. Because I don't care for Bob Odenkirk or his character from Breaking Bad. Gotta say Vince Gilligan hookwinked me somehow. I'd be perfectly happy is Chris HansonHardwick had a segment for the big shows on AMC in a rotating format. I like his podcast which has random nerds/comedians/actors come on and they do have really nice chats, most come on to promote stuff but they have a wide expanse to roam on a podcast. I've learned many things, if he can do more of that and less of the tweets and quizzes and stuff for people with actual attention spans it could be good.

5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Cudlitz is so hot. Whenever he is on I continue to be baffled at how they made Abraham so hideous. 

Blame it on the Howdy Doody-orange hair dye. His real strawberry-blondish  is much better

Oh I know, I guess I meant more of - "why????" He would have been so much more appreciated as a love interest of two women if they'd just let him look normal. Their insistence on mirroring the comics, with the red hair and wife beaters, did Cudlitz no favors. At all. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, chick binewski said:

TWD killing it with the surprise guests. Love that they have Cudlitz on. 

Sonequa's eyes are ridic. Negan is spilling into JDM and I need him to not talk  so much.

That was one of the nicest send-offs a character's even gotten, IMO. Hell, even Cudlitz himself (and Steven Yeun) didn't get such a dedicated send-off since they did that big outdoor Talking Dead with a ton of people. 

That's how I feel about Michonne/Danai Gurira. Love Michonne, but Danai always comes off hyper-pretentious.

God, yes. It actually makes me give her a lot more credit as an actress that she can make Michonne so much more likable than herself! 

I never had much of a feeling about the Sasha character or the actress until these last few episodes and after her appearance on Talking Dead last night, I really like her. Came to that conclusion just a bit too late, I guess. 

I often think the actors go too far into navel-gazing territory when talking about their characters, but I liked Sonequa's take on her arc and it made me retroactively appreciate her character more. 

• Love 2

I like Sonequa and I think it's great for an actor to be passionate about a character, but I noticed how when she answered questions,her answers were "I/my" not "Sasha's/hers". It seemed a little peculiar. Maybe I'm an oddball and get the "pretentious" analytical approach better than the first-person view. 

Say what you will about this show but the one thing that consistently impresses me how nice of a working environment TWD set must be. Each and every departing cast member seems truly choked up to be leaving.

13 hours ago, lulee said:

I like Sonequa and I think it's great for an actor to be passionate about a character, but I noticed how when she answered questions,her answers were "I/my" not "Sasha's/hers". It seemed a little peculiar. Maybe I'm an oddball and get the "pretentious" analytical approach better than the first-person view. 

I don't have an issue with the misspeak. I noticed several times she corrected herself for saying that. It just read as someone inhabiting and speaking for that character. Since they spend so much of their time inhabiting those personas, it makes sense.

• Love 3

The most annoying thing about killing off a major character on the show is that TD spends the whole fucking hour giving the actor a tongue bath.  Gag.  I get it, a popular character dies, boo hoo, but the tribute can be done in a few minutes.  "I'm sorry to see the character go, the actor was great to work with and his/her next project is_____" and be done with it.  I ended up fast-forwarding through the episode because I got sick of hearing over and over and over how everyone is WONDERFUL and AMAZING and BRILLIANT and it's like a BIG FAMILY.  The same boring thing they say every week.  Also, the tweets and fan reaction videos - if I wanted to see that, I'd go on youtube and twitter.  Show me/tell me about behind the scenes stuff that I can't find elsewhere instead of wasting my time with this crap.

TD has become so useless.

• Love 2

I don't mind the praising of the actors so much (unless it's Beth because *ahem*), but every time Hardwick says how it's nice to see that the actor is ok and still alive...umm. As if anybody though Sasha was actually dead and zombified? So stupid. 

• Love 1

LOL, no kidding. 

I also don't mind the praising. I think after spending years on the show, it's kind of nice to get a big send off like that. I enjoy hearing how family like the show is. I grew up doing community theater as well as a few traveling productions of plays, and I really miss that family like atmosphere that comes from working closely with people for long periods of time. I get it. And I think when you put so much in a show, you kind of deserve to have your character be the focus of the after show. Why not? And as lame as this show has gotten, what else IS there to talk about???

But yea, I know this show has some low brow viewers, but does anyone really get confused about character death vs. actor death? 

• Love 2

Alanna Masterson is adorable and hates licorice. That's about all I got so far. I also hate licorice, so that works for me.

Special guests that aren't on the show anymore? Steven Yeun, please.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
Need to make sure names are spelled right
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Irishmaple said:

What part of the Internet likes the Dumpster Diva?

Those of us who have had unfortunate haircuts and like to remind ourselves that things could always be worse?

It isn't so bad in real life, but is horribly styled on the show.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 2

During Father Gabriel's talk, I was distracted by Tara and Rosita (sorry, I have no time for actor names) basically realizing that when the camera's on them, their boobs are basically the entire background and laughing. They were in giggles.

• Love 4