Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

Oh, walnutqueen. I know you like it. I just don't know where else you are going to find people to share that with you! Not (many) in the forums and not in Chris's TWD audience, apparently. I know I get indignant when I come across someone who doesn't like TWD, but it looks like you have a tougher row to hoe around here.

• Love 2

He was just a young pup when he started out hosting Singled Out back in the 90s. I guess his goofiness and energy keep him young.

.... And the botox.   He's definitely had work done.  

I go hot and cold with Chris Hardwick.  I appreciate his enthusiasm and love for what he does, but  I find that I need very small doses of him these days.

• Love 5
I clapped, and couldn't be happier about the FTWD aftershow.  Because I like the show and can't find anyone to share that with on the FTWD forums.   :-)

Maybe if you come watch it with my husband I won't have to. ;)

Although, I'm sorry to say, he doesn't do after shows generally. He has to be up at 4:30. 

• Love 1

I'll stand with you, walnutqueen!  I liked it too! 

I am Spartacus!  I liked it too.

I especially liked reading comments in the forum that people didn't like it because:  "it wouldn't happen like that."  Because they have been through so many ZAs and just know.

One thing I like about TTD are the questions from the audience, because they are usually good questions.  So, my question to all  is, what question would you ask?

Mine is:  Why don't the walkers shoe laces come untied?  They should be rotting at the same rate as the clothes, and let's face it, they are not the most graceful of creatures.  But in the endless shots of their feet (cheaper than face shots I imagine), most of their shoes remain neatly tied.

• Love 3

I'll watch with you folks - I like FTWD and Hardwick too.  I don't mind his geeky enthusiasm. 

Mine is:  Why don't the walkers shoe laces come untied?

Maybe because it's easier for the extras to walk in the woods with shoes on :)

I would ask why we didn't see everyone over the winter - how did they stay warm, etc.  I think they went through a winter after the farm burned, before finding the prison. 

• Love 1

I would ask why we didn't see everyone over the winter - how did they stay warm, etc.  I think they went through a winter after the farm burned, before finding the prison. 

Maybe because even the best of actors have trouble acting "cold" in the heat of a Georgia summer :)

Plus, the amount of after effects for the ground, trees, breath, etc. would be pricey and time consuming. 

• Love 1

I would pay to see someone ask Norman Reedus what the hell is up with his hair and how he thought that was a good character choice.  I still don't see the Darryl we met in the first season with his short hair wouldn't allow even Carol to cut it in all this time.  Not to mention how it went from sandy blond to jet black.  I do't know why it bugs me but it does.

• Love 11

I would pay to see someone ask Norman Reedus what the hell is up with his hair and how he thought that was a good character choice.  I still don't see the Darryl we met in the first season with his short hair wouldn't allow even Carol to cut it in all this time.  Not to mention how it went from sandy blond to jet black.  I do't know why it bugs me but it does.

Right there with you. I have never bought for a split second that a character who is supposed to be the ultimate tracker would not only keep long hair, but would forever have it hanging over his eyes. In a world of no showers and outdoor living, not to mention the need to have keen visual acuity, that hairdo would be out of the question, and I think it is a direct fail in terms of the character they've given us. </rant>

• Love 3

STUPID to have Enid on TD tonight.  What's she going to say?  Her secret isn't out yet and she obviously has a significant storyline still to come that would be interesting to hear her discuss later.

• Love 3

I wonder what Paul Bettany said that they bleeped out. He is much better looking on TD than in movies that I have seen him in.

Kevin Smith and I feel the same about the poor turtle.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I thought something was wrong with my TV when they bleeped Bettany. I hope Hardwick gives up those goods.

Frankly, I'm sort of surprised they let what Kevin Smith said. And by judging by how red he got, I wonder if he's going to be "talked to" by AMC. I laughed my ass off at it.

• Love 3

I thought something was wrong with my TV when they bleeped Bettany. I hope Hardwick gives up those goods.

Frankly, I'm sort of surprised they let what Kevin Smith said. And by judging by how red he got, I wonder if he's going to be "talked to" by AMC. I laughed my ass off at it.

I listen to KS's podcasts so his comment didn't phase me, but I'm very surprised he went for it on TV. Paul Bettany is adorable and fanboy-y and charming and can come back anytime.

• Love 2

What I find interesting about this show recently, is that despite it being an hour, I still find they bypass certain topics entirely. They have more time to discuss things and yet spend half the time discussing one character, or something discussed in depth before.

I normally hate teenagers but Enid seems pretty together and smart about the show.

• Love 4

I'm not a comic book reader or a super hero movie watcher so will someone please explain the Paul Bettany line the fanboy asked him to say?  Also, hated the orange tinted glasses on what appears to be a very handsome young man.

Paul Bettany plays Jarvis in the Ironman movies and in Age of Ultron. He's like a Siri mixed with a super computer Butler which talks to Robert Downey's Stark/Ironman. A super computer if you will. And the way he spoke was the Jarvis voice of the super computer....if that makes sense.

• Love 1

In the original comics, the Avengers had a British butler named Jarvis. They've eliminated this character in the movies but they named Tony Stark/Iron Man's AI that helps him design his Iron Man outfits "Jarvis" as a tribute to the comic book character. The Jarvis AI is voiced by Paul Bettany. The fan wanted to hear Jarvis warning Iron Man about nearby walkers in a sort of Iron Man/TWD crossover.

Holy crap, could Katelyn's lips have gotten any more red?  I think there must have been 30 coats of paint on those things!  No wonder it took her so long to appear on the couch, needed all that time to get all the paint applied.  Seriously, if she was going for the vampire who just got done feeding and left the blood on her lips look, she succeeded beyond her wildest dreams.

Want to say that even though my very perverse sense of humor thought it was funny enough, I found the fact that KS describing over-energetic fellatio to articulate his feelings on how the show played out kind of appalling, seeing as how a 16 or 17 year old girl was nearby, if not listening in.  And then Hardwick just went full on creep, trying to keep the joke alive; not once, but twice.  Ugh.  Thanks for painting all males in a shitty disgusting light, guys.

• Love 5

I do not care for Enid on the show, but I am finding this young actress to be very bright and insightful. 

I'd appreciate her more if she used the word "like" about 75% less.

KS has really slimmed down since I saw him last. Good for him, he looks great.

• Love 3

Paul Bettany playing Jarvis means nothing to me.  I'll always remember him fondly playing Chaucer in that Heath Ledger as a knight comedy.  He was so funny in that. And his Doctor Maturin. Good times.

"You should ALWAYS pick the LESSER of two weevils!"

• Love 2

OK - I had no opinion about Enid before this show; now I want her to die , die, die before I kill her myself.

I'm afraid I had the same visceral reaction.

I suppose, as a 15 year old with her first role, she might be nervous on the talk couch, and I would have been supportive.  But she was so coy.  "Ooooooh, my "relationship" with Carl?!  That's a good question!"  Will Enid be back?  "Ohhhh, I hope so!  But if she does come back, I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised!"  Puh-leeze.

All the high energy from the show carried straight over to TD, and then dropped about 80% when Enid showed up.  KS and PB got quiet to let Enid have her time and Chris Hardwick kept bouncing up and down in his chair trying to keep the momentum going--which was the only thing left to be amusing.  It's always funny to watch CH trying to transfuse his own manic energy into the slow bits.

• Love 1

That's not really her fault though. She can't exactly spoil the show for the sake of a good interview. She had to be coy. The real issue was booking her now at the start of Enid's plot instead of at the end. That's on the production team. Why book a guest who can't talk?

• Love 8

I wonder what Paul Bettany said that they bleeped out. He is much better looking on TD than in movies that I have seen him in.

Kevin Smith and I feel the same about the poor turtle.

He said 'fucking'.  TTD plays in Australia now and we don't bleep words much here so it played on tv.

I'd appreciate her more if she used the word "like" about 75% less.

True, but I think SO many young people talk like that these days, that I don't really find it to be an indication of intelligence or lack thereof. I, honestly, don't even notice it much anymore.

True, but I think SO many young people talk like that these days, that I don't really find it to be an indication of intelligence or lack thereof. I, honestly, don't even notice it much anymore.

Former teacher, current poet Taylor Mali sums it up nicely in beginning of this poem and in this one :)

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 3

Former teacher, current poet Taylor Mali sums it up nicely in beginning of this poem and in this one :)

Morgankobi, I'm starting to think either we were separated at birth or that we're at least kindred spirits - I lurrrve Taylor Mali!

I also love Paul Bettany and so very much enjoyed this ep, but I have to ask - where the hell has Kevin Smith been that he's never before heard the term "Ricktatorship"?  Seems to me he's way too attuned to pop culture to have never picked up on that before.

• Love 4

The "you'll be pleasantly surprised" was weird to add.

Without rewatching to make sure, I'm thinking her near exact words were "if you see me again, you'll be pleasantly surprised", 'if' not 'when'.

Either being deliberately overly coy there, or I got the sense that she really wasn't quite sure if her character would actually be on the show ever again.  But that doesn't make sense, because why would a character who got gifted backstory (as brief as it was), just get dropped when they're not dead? 

I've honestly no clue, that bit of dialogue and the way she said it was truly a bit odd.  Not sure whether to congratulate her on her ability to create confusion about her character and her future, or not.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

This was the first time I watched TD.  Was Hardwick having an off night or is he always like that on this show? (I guess I was irked by his joke about the audience member asking the actress who plays Enid to the prom.)  On the plus side, I was surprised by how much I liked Kevin Smith. Beyond being a devoted fan, I thought he was very gracious in the way he complimented the girl on how well she handled her solo turn that opened the episode. His comment also reminded me of when Chandler Riggs did a similar turn in his pudding episode and, to be honest, I think she did a better job of it.

• Love 1

I have a hard time judging Hardwick because I don't know if I'm annoyed by him because he's become overexposed to me (since I watch his other show) or he has gone off the rails with TWD. I do rewatch older episodes and I don't mind him then. I feel like it was a combination of the new hour long format + quizzes and polls, along with him doing @midnight(which is a comedy based show that he ramps up his excitement to 11,000) so he has gotten less serious and more jokey and internet-y on TD.

• Love 5

Sometimes I enjoy Hardwick's enthusiasm, sometimes I want someone to shoot him in the ass with a tranquilizer dart. He gets too wound up and bouncy and becomes tone deaf as a consequence. 

I prefer episodes which have more than one show person on them, the solitary show person being a younger cast member is not good either. Having Kevin Smith ramble (amusingly) about oral sex right before Katelyn Nagan came on put me on edge. He's a good guest and he was appropriate when he shared the couch with her. I enjoyed her more than I thought I might and I also appreciated Paul Bettany, but I felt the balance of guests this past week was poorly considered.

• Love 2

Hardwick just made a comment about not reading into the fact that Glenn isn't on the Talking Dead tonight.

Shoot. So, is he really dead? Or is he not?

Raven, I'm definitely getting my hopes up.

Edited by SnoGirl

Steven is not there which makes me hopes that Glenn is alive and they did not want him on the show to spoil it. What do we think?

I love Yvette. Her notes and passion for the show is wonderful.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3