Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

Looks like Carl and Enid will be having 7 Minutes in ZA Heaven next week.

And after Enid inevitably gets killed by a zombie, maybe they can play the incredibly appropriate Bare Naked Ladies in the background.

How many songs are there about girls named 'Enid' anyway ?

• Love 1

Thanks (both of you).

Maybe this will be his sign to reign it in. 

He's gotten so OTT this season to the point where I'm afraid his head will literally explode.

I also wish they wouldn't ask so many questions to the actors that they have no real way of answering, as it isn't part of their story, like asking Steven to talk about Carol when Glenn and Carol rarely speak. 

Sometimes I think they are terrified fans will go apeshit if certain characters aren't mentioned every week. Maybe they will, but when you have to strain to ask, then it may not be worth it.

• Love 1

I guffawed at all of the guys' fist pumping after watching the Carl/Enid clip. Boys :) I'm guessing that Chandler Riggs is everyone's little brother on the set, and it made me grin to see the grown up guys getting such a kick out that scene.

• Love 9

I guffawed at all of the guys' fist pumping after watching the Carl/Enid clip. Boys :) I'm guessing that Chandler Riggs is everyone's little brother on the set, and it made me grin to see the grown up guys getting such a kick out that scene.

I found it extremely sophomoric. Way more "Carl's gonna get some" than "Chandler hit it out of the park."

• Love 6

I found it extremely sophomoric. Way more "Carl's gonna get some" than "Chandler hit it out of the park."

No no no no no.  That's them saying, "Oh, we're gonna rag the shit outta the kid now!!!"

• Love 5

Even though I like the irreverent and adult humor that Hardwick and his guests usually work with on TD;  with Chandler Riggs on next week, I hope he dials it back.  CR is only 16 right, maybe even just shy of?

Interesting sneak peek for next week though.  Loved the guys going crazy 'celebrating' for Carl, though.  lol

• Love 3
Goddam, cover that ripped up dummy of Tyler William James. It's gross and no one looked happy to have it up there.

I had no issue with it, and I was (surprisingly to me) quite torn up about Noah's death. I like that they give well-earned spotlights to the visual effects teams of this show. That dummy was amazing. And they didn't seem all that broken up about it, IMHO, considering the actors were playing along with strawberries in the split screen.

• Love 3

I didn't see the "mullet-dick" as Hardwick being an unprovoked asshat to JM/Eugene.  He only said that jokingly after JM (jokingly) said that Eugene would stab Jessie in the neck if she tried to cut his hair.

Didn't get the crowd reaction.  #PorchDick is awesome, but a joking euphemism based off that is horrible?  *face palm & head shake*

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

I liked this episode.  I liked all the guests and that were all in good spirits. They weren't too serious or too goofy.  TJW was cool, didn't seem totally heartbroken that he was off the show.  I admit I kinda have a crush on Josh M.  I think he is cute and funny.

• Love 5

Awww! That was a fun TD episode.  When was the last time it was just cast members?  Josh, Steven and Tyler have such a fun, easy vibe.  

Personally, I found the whooping about Carl to be fun, silliness.  Like, "aw, the weechild is kissing a girrrrllll".  It was silly, but cute.   

• Love 8

Why does he ask questions, like would Glen and Maggie want to have children now? That is something the actor can't/shouldn't be discussing.

IIRC, that was an audience member's question - not Hardwick's.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

I hope they weren't attempting to hide from walkers by sliding into that wide open tree trunk when they have the whole woods to run through.

Very true.  But I'm guessing this is a play by one of them... I mean, isn't that how most sexual relations start in the ZA?

"OMG, they're going to find us, we're gonna die!!  We could... so, wanna have one last quickie?"  (or in Carl & Enid's case, the first and last time, all in one)

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
Never thought I'd see someone excited about that.

He's the one guest I've been hoping for for ages. 

I had no issue with it, and I was (surprisingly to me) quite torn up about Noah's death. I like that they give well-earned spotlights to the visual effects teams of this show. That dummy was amazing.

I agree. While it was a bit disturbing, to me, when they had Hershel's head on, I get why they do it. Special effects are a HUGE part of this show, and the crew do some amazing work. It's nice to show them some appreciation. 

• Love 4

I liked this episode.  I liked all the guests and that were all in good spirits. They weren't too serious or too goofy.  TJW was cool, didn't seem totally heartbroken that he was off the show.  I admit I kinda have a crush on Josh M.  I think he is cute and funny.

I *flove* Josh McDermitt.  He's funny, he's articulate, he's self-deprecating.  I'm always glad to see him on TTD.

• Love 12

I like him, too. :) 

I was glad to see that it was all cast members last night. 

• Love 1

"OMG, they're going to find us, we're gonna die!!  We could... so, wanna have one last quickie?"  (or in Carl & Enid's case, the first and last time, all in one)

I'm not even going to attempt exploring all the comic possibilities behind the symbolism of Enid and Carl sharing some wood....

• Love 4

I had no issue with it, and I was (surprisingly to me) quite torn up about Noah's death. I like that they give well-earned spotlights to the visual effects teams of this show. That dummy was amazing. And they didn't seem all that broken up about it, IMHO, considering the actors were playing along with strawberries in the split screen.

It didn't need to be up there for multiple segments was my point and Williams did not look happy seeing that thing.

• Love 1

Did anyone else feel some dread when Chris announced at the end of this week's TTD that Norman Reedus was going to be his guest on the show following the season finale ep?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Yeah, we're allegedly not supposed to read anything into that but yeah.

An alternative explanation is just that they want one of the top stars for the finale ep. I'll stick with that one.

• Love 5

I hope they weren't attempting to hide from walkers by sliding into that wide open tree trunk when they have the whole woods to run through.

You can only run so far for so long; practice-hiding is important for the young'uns:  209489-8497b2ba-b2f7-11e3-961d-5192f6c25

I'm not a big TD fan what with all the viewer polls and hashtags and whatnot but I'll have to make an exception to watch YNB.  She's my favorite guest and I try to watch when she's scheduled to be on.

• Love 2

Hardwick announced on twitter that everyone's fav guest, Yvette Nicole Brown, will be joining Gale and Chandler on the show this Sunday.

Please tell me this won't mean talk about "Cenid" or "Earl" will now join the endless mentions of "Caryl" and "Richonne."

Please tell me this won't mean talk about "Cenid" or "Earl" will now join the endless mentions of "Caryl" and "Richonne."

I saw someone on Twitter basically call them out on that and both YNB and Hardwick responded saying they'd do it if they wanted to. Kinda...funny.

• Love 2

It's their right, but it's one of the reasons I don't really look forward to her appearances that much now. The awkwardness of Melissa McBride in tears over "The Grove" mixed with YNB talking about "Caryl" is something that stuck in my head. 

I did enjoy some of her last appearance though, overall, the one with CM Punk. (I'm not sure I did at the time, but looking back I did enjoy some of it) I think I'm just sick of the baiting of these relationships when the show is clearly not going there anytime soon.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 4

I felt a little bad for Josh when the girl was like all disgusted and said "With WHO?" when they said somethin about Eugene having a baby.  I mean I get her point but I just really, really love Josh.

• Love 2

I didn't have much time to look through all of it at the store, but the newest TWD Magazine issue (#12) is a female-centric issue, including interviews with a number of actresses, as well as producers like Denise Huth. 

This includes an interview with Yvette Nicole Brown, several pages long. I think someone here already mentioned this, but she said that when CM Punk realized she'd never read the comics, he sent her all of the graphic novels.

• Love 1