Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Shattered Sight

• Start Topic

Ingrid's life and story felt very tragic to me. She did really bad things and was twisted and crazy, but I felt sympathy for her. And she atoned in the end. They managed to do that with her in a short time -- why can't they accomplish that with Regina? Is it because they try way too hard to make her the poor victim in spite of her crimes, so it just feels forced?

I think it's because they don't want to give up the Evil Queen completely, and they don't want to give up Regina's sarcastic, mean "humor."  They're trying to have both Hero Regina and Evil Queen Regina at the same time, and failing miserably.

Doing it with Ingrid worked, because they weren't trying to keep Ingrid's villain side around for giggles and drama.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 7

For the penultimate episode, I found it a little underwhelming. I was prepared for some campiness with everyone's worst selves, but the comedy didn't quite live up to what I was expecting. I don't know what I was expecting really, but that wasn't it. Still, I did like DO NOT WAKE MY BABY, and I continue to love Kristoff.

Also, I liked the way things ended with Ingrid. I'd personally not want someone so needy anywhere around me, but Elizabeth Mitchell was perfect. I knew Emma and Elsa could never kill her so that was the only way for her to go.

Now, can everyone please focus on get Killian's heart back?

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this episode though yes, I agree that it was jam-packed.

Ingrid had me emotional at the end. What a great end to the story. It was a little sad that I found Ingrid (before the whole car issue) to be a better mom to Emma than Snow.

Snow's "I was 10" was one of the best lines EVER. The laughing at the end was a bit odd, but I'll take it over Snow apologizing to Regina. I liked all the cursed personas, it was funny and I didn't actually mind that they didn't go the more dramatic route.

How was the Snow Queen able to take Emma's memories in Storybrooke back when there was no magic? She couldn't use her powers on the psychic. Interesting that before coming to Storybrooke Emma had already had someone tell her about magic.

I really hope that 2 seconds after the end of that scene on Main Street, Anna and Emma went to get their boyfriends.

• Love 4
When, exactly, did Anna hear about the legend of Snow White and Prince Charming?

That one got me, too. It's like these writers are so enamored of the concept of Snow White and Prince Charming being real people that they keep forgetting that in their world that means they're no big deal, just people. Oddly, I think every time they've had a character say something about Snow White and Prince Charming (other than maybe Emma), it's been one of the few people without Storybrooke memories.

Why can’t Emma actually be the one to save the day?  Why do they always have someone else do it?

I'm holding out hope that she'll be the one to stop Rumple. After all, Ingrid was kind of a red herring villain, the one keeping them distracted while Rumple was the real threat. One good thing about Anna being the one to get the critical info to save the day is that it breaks the pattern of the good guys running in circles, unable to defeat the villain until suddenly they could. Anna just arrived on the scene and just found the bottle, so she and the information she found were new. And I think it was important that after Ingrid being so obsessed with needing two magical sisters to be loved and accepted, it turned out to be the nonmagical one whose love reached her.

What was the point of Will trying to punch Hook?

Didn't they even put that in the news release? And yet it was about two seconds of screen time. But I'm thinking that this is mostly about Will having spotted Hook and that will be a clue to figuring out where he is and what's happened to him. I don't know why Henry's word wouldn't have been enough, though. I don't recall Hook doing or saying anything in front of Will that would be more than a clue than Henry knowing that Hook came to get him.

I loved Snow finally screaming "I was 10!"

But how sad that her saying this absolute truth is shown to be her worst self coming out. Yes, it's terrible and dark to defend yourself.

Can I just say that I'm still gasping for breath and laughing over the fact that "true hate" between Regina and Emma was the only thing strong enough to break the "love power" of the ribbons?!

So apparently Regina's superpower is hate. But she can give a true love's kiss and has powerful light magic!

Strangely, even while I enjoyed this one immensely, I was also a little disappointed. It was good, but it should have been so much better. As is usually the case on this show, there was so much potential that they missed entirely.

• Love 5

What was the point of Will trying to punch Hook?

Probably to slow Hook down so he couldn't get to Henry. Writing convenience.

I'm seriously icked out at Rumple putting Belle to sleep and planning to remove/alter her memories. What a healthy marriage!

Rumple: "Ok Belle, I'm going to have to make you sleep during this spell for your safety."

Belle: "Whatever you say! It amazes me how the goodness of your heart always puts me and my safety first!"

*puts Belle to sleep*

Rumple: "Boy did I marry an idiot."

So, if Regina misses her EF outfits so much, why does she never wear them? She could have when she went all evil briefly in 2x02.They could have done so much more with her in this episode. Why reduce to petty sword fights when you can choke your enemies then proceed to rain terror on the whole town?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

I enjoyed this episode and a lot happened. I liked all the funny lines.

I was ten!

I killed Reginas mother, I said I was sorry, but I really wasn't!

Do not wake up my baby.

And I'm a sucker for happy endings. Does this mean Marion will thaw out now that the snow queen is gone? The previews for next year don't look very interesting. All I care about is Hook getting his heart back.

• Love 1

I loved the "What am I wearing?" x2.  Even though nothing surrounding Regina makes any sense anymore, it was amusing that her Enchanted Forest self was horrified at her Storybrooke self's wardrobe and vice versa.  I was hoping that when Regina was overtaken by the Shattered Sight spell, she would seem more like her Season 1 flashbacks, which were over the top already yes, but this tonight was like a caricature of a caricature.  It was all just played for laughs when yeah, it's a cheesy show and I don't mind humor being used but this character is still supposed to be a mass murderer and that aspect should be shown as well.

I'm a little let down by the Dairy Queen resolution but I guess that's not too surprising when they build it up for so many episodes - reality may not match expectation at that point.  I suppose it's refreshing that this villain recognized the error of her own ways and self-destructed instead of requiring the heroes to do it but I would have liked a fight scene!  Oh well!  I will definitely be sad to see the Frozen cast go.  I'm afraid Cruella et al will just be more of the same old-same old that we usually get.

Why was Belle asleep?  Did Rumple do something to her?

• Love 1

I've thought of a possible reason for both Will and Henry to have had Hook sightings: they tell different people, and that could have consequences. Will could mention it to Robin, griping about that pirate getting him again, and Robin tells Regina about Hook trying to get Henry. She's likely to think the worst and go looking for Hook to tell him off or see what he wanted with her son. Meanwhile, Henry may tell Emma.

Probably to slow Hook down so he couldn't get to Henry. Writing convenience.

It is interesting that even under orders and a compulsion, Hook didn't manage to catch up with Henry. Then again, as he put it, his heart wasn't in it. Perhaps he was able to resist the compulsion enough to not try very hard. He was obeying enough to go through the motions, but not going into Terminator mode where nothing would stop him until he carried out Rumple's orders.

I'm seriously icked out at Rumple putting Belle to sleep and planning to remove/alter her memories. What a healthy marriage!

• Love 2

I loved and will miss the Frozen/Ice Queen storyline. 

Rumple going after the town again and then everyone forgiving 2 seconds after because he won't pay for anything ever won't be as interesting. 

Liked Regina's what am I wearing lines and the laughing by them at the jail when the curse was lifted. 

Belle slept though the whole curse? Can't complain about that. 

• Love 1

Oi, I think I figured out why Regina couldn't take down her own spell. Because Regina Mills has the lightest of Light!Magic and the Evil Queen can only use the darkest of Dark!Magic, so her dark magic couldn't take down the spell, but Emma's light magic could. If that's not it... I've got nothing.

• Love 4

I loved the "What am I wearing?" x2. Even though nothing surrounding Regina makes any sense anymore, it was amusing that her Enchanted Forest self was horrified at her Storybrooke self's wardrobe and vice versa. I was hoping that when Regina was overtaken by the Shattered Sight spell, she would seem more like her Season 1 flashbacks, which were over the top already yes, but this tonight was like a caricature of a caricature. It was all just played for laughs when yeah, it's a cheesy show and I don't mind humor being used but this character is still supposed to be a mass murderer and that aspect should be shown as well.

I'm a little let down by the Dairy Queen resolution but I guess that's not too surprising when they build it up for so many episodes - reality may not match expectation at that point. I suppose it's refreshing that this villain recognized the error of her own ways and self-destructed instead of requiring the heroes to do it but I would have liked a fight scene! Oh well! I will definitely be sad to see the Frozen cast go. I'm afraid Cruella et al will just be more of the same old-same old that we usually get.

Why was Belle asleep? Did Rumple do something to her?

It would have been a lot better had there been an epic fight scene in which emma and elsa lost and finally Anna tries to save the day. Perhaps they spent the budget on the ice bridge.

Well I was expecting campy and Campy it was!

I like it overall.

The good part;

Snow I was ten!

The truth hate, I surely was not expecting that!

All the Hook scene.

The flashback, the Young Emma was perfect and the DQ sacrifice was emotional but rushed. She read the letter and boom ! killed herself.

I was not expecting nothing on the CS sl so, I like together from Hook and the Emma lign.

But next show, I'm expecting something  !

Rumple as new emporor?

Mixed reactions to the resolution of Ingrid/The Snow Queen.  It felt a bit too rushed and anti-climatic, in some aspects.  Basically, Anna finds that letter her mom was trying to sent, was able to get it to Ingrid in time, and after Ingrid sees it for herself, she breaks the curse by herself.  Kind of wraps things up a bit too nicely for me.  That said, it still worked on me, and it was one of the more emotional exits for me.  I still think Ingrid was messed up in the head, but I really felt bad for her, and was glad that she at least realized she went too far, and ended it before too much damage happened.  Mainly though, Elizabeth Mitchell was just amazing.  In the final scene, the flashbacks, and, well, pretty much everything.  I'm going to miss her on this show.  Well done, Elizabeth.  I will forget all about your "performance" on Revolution, because this more then made up for it.

Won't lie; I kind of loved Cursed Snow and Cursed Charming.  They way they kept bickering at each other (the Dr. Whale reference!), and being petty with one another was highly amusing.  And, yes, Cursed Snow finally letting lose with "I WAS TEN!" and being sassy about killing Cora, just made me love her even more.  Now, this is a Snow I love.  Regina going back into flat-out evil mode was fun; loved how easily Emma and Elsa got under her skin again.

The rest of the town was amusing, but I wished we got more.  I wanted to see Red wolfing out and chasing people around, while Archie was wielding his cane all "Always let your conscious be your guide?  Well, my conscious is guiding me to kick all your asses right now!" about it.  And, not enough Will.  Having him only get his ass kicked by Hook wasn't enough.  Although, I did like that apparently Cursed Henry turns into Kevin from Home Alone, when it comes to booby-trapping his room.  And, that even Cursed Kristoff is mild compared to everyone else (hates his hair and is afraid of marriage.  That's not that bad!)

Rumple is still being a dick, I see.  Really not sure if his actual plan would work on Henry, although Belle would probably fall for it.  I still hope Hook finds some way to get his heart back.  I do wonder if anyone remembering that he was effected by the curse might come into play.

If next week is the end for the Frozen crew, I will surprisingly be sad.  I've grown to really enjoy Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff.  And, I wanted to see more of Sven and even Hans.

• Love 2

I had no problem with Regina not being able to undo her own spell. There really wouldn't have been any point of her putting up the barrier in the first place if she could just take it down. The part I didn't like was Emma running off without putting it back up! But perhaps Regina could have undone that one anyway.

I liked seeing Emma, Elsa and Anna walking down the street arm in arm at the end, but didn't like that they seemed to have forgotten forgotten about Hook and Kristoff.

• Love 5

So we learned another magical law with this one.  "Amplified hatred" can overcome "amplified love".  Way to undermine the entire premise that love is the most powerful magic of all.  

I usually love seeing the characters be smart, but that was just completely random how Emma and Elsa came up with it, and of course, it had to involve Regina.  Why the hell didn't Emma or Elsa contain Regina somehow afterwards?  With their combined power, maybe with ice, they could have kept her sealed in to protect the town, but they didn't even try.  That was just sloppy, and so contrived to allow that Regina/Snow fight.

Elizabeth Mitchell did an awesome job in this one (probably in the best role she has had since "Lost"), and I really felt for her when she sacrificed herself in the end.  Even with the deux ex machina of the super-long-message-in-a-bottle, it was a nicely played climatic moment.

It felt like the writers had no idea what the Shattered Sight Spell was supposed to do.  Was it just supposed to make you be a complete asshole to everyone?  Does it reveal what you really think deep inside?  With Regina's "Why am I wearing this" and assuming the Saviour had something to do with sealing her in, it was like she had amnesia.  Without clearly defining it, there can't be any character repercussions of what was said by anybody.  And then to throw out completely unsupported character-stuff like Henry doesn't like Hook?  If they want to go that route, they had half a season to build that up!

So is Rumple not going to bother to take Henry now?  I thought that was why he was invested in the Snow Queen succeeding with that Shattered Sight Curse?  Was he going to figure out how to destroy the Ice Wall later?  By putting him on hold, his plans just become all sorts of ambiguous.  Oh right, he had to wait 'til the stars aligned with the Hat.  And that just happens to be that night, eh?

They did a great job of casting Young Emma, which made the flashbacks much better than they otherwise would have been.  Though I felt a bit g***** we didn't see more of how the Snow Queen established her persona in the World Without Magic.  Also, she had no run-in's with Rumple her entire time in Storybrooke?  I didn't realize that Ingrid said nothing about Rumple's plans, until I read this thread, and that was certainly convenient.

Can't believe they gave Kristoff that "It does seem like (Regina) had her reasons" for being the Evil Queen.  Of course, someone must be an apologist.

So did the Crystals only contain the good memories, or all the memories?  Which is it?  

How did Anna find the Secret Ice Cave so quickly?  

Aside from the Snow Queen stuff, the episode was pretty sloppy.  The Regina/Snow swordfight made no sense and was clearly written to be "fun" (debatable, actually).  I hope Snow really did mean it that she doesn't feel sorry about killing Cora in the slightest.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

I actually really enjoyed this episode. I would have loved to see everyone be-spelled for a longer period of time. Charming in particular was a joy under the spell. He was such a dick! He finally became interesting. I loved how he was out of fucks to give when his wife was in a death match with the Evil Queen.  He actually admonished her to watch out for the stroller since it isn't under warranty!

That Sheriff Graham reference hurt. I hate remembering his character because it also makes me think of Regina forcing him into a decades long sexual relationship and then murdering him literally the day he figured out some part of what she had done.

Kristoff had a point in the end when he was trying to get away from Anna. I agree that if that fairly serious blow to the head didn't kill him immediately, being left out in the cold while completle

• Love 1

That's how you do a villain. The Snow Queen did evil things, found the error of her ways, apologized and sacrificed herself. She warrants people feeling sorry for her. Regina and Rumple have earned no such good will. And have actually gotten dumber and their evil plans making even less sense. Yet the whole town acts like they are best friends with them. 

Elizabeth Mitchell and her dying characters get me every time. Although I may have been having Juliet flashbacks. She can play smug and evil but she's a good crier too. 

I started watching again for the Frozen storyline and really only liked that storyline. I don't think I'll be back now that they are gone. 

Why was Belle asleep? Did Rumple do something to her?

He said something to Hook about both Belle and Henry being asleep until they woke up elsewhere with altered memories, and Rumple was then going to tell them that the town was destroyed by the curse and that he managed to save the two of them. So I imagine he already had her under the sleeping spell and was waiting for Henry to get there and get the same treatment.

So is Rumple not going to bother to take Henry now?  I thought that was why he was invested in the Snow Queen succeeding with that Shattered Sight Curse?

I don't know that he was invested. He just didn't care, and he needed the fairies' power in the hat, so it didn't bother him that he interrupted the work to create the cure/vaccine. Meanwhile, it created a nice diversion for his other activities, since everyone dealing with the Shattered Sight spell meant no one was playing attention to him, and if they were all dead, then he didn't have to worry about Emma or Regina coming after him. I'm also not sure he cared all that much about taking Henry. When he thought everyone was going to die, I suppose he didn't want his grandson to die, and saving Henry would help him look like a hero to Belle. Now he may have to come up with a Plan B to explain to Belle why they left town.

How did Hook break the sealing spell to get to Henry?

Maybe Rumple's magic worked through him, since Rumple has his heart and was giving him orders -- maybe as long as he was acting under those orders, he was empowered to do whatever it took. And maybe that will be a big clue when they finally notice that Hook's missing -- Regina realizes that no one should have been able to get to Henry, so something's up if Hook was able to. Oddly, she didn't ask him how he got out.

I am going to miss Elizabeth Mitchell as the SQ! You know what, I am going to miss the whole Frozen cast. They were fun to watch. 

I really loved Regina's response and how she stood when Emma asked her "How can you walk in that thing" LMAO!

"I WAS TEN!" Perfect response Snow. *Claps*

The more backstory about Emma we get the more I feel for the little girl she was. No one she has hard time letting people in!

What is not a shocking is that Regina wanted to hurt another child of Snow White. First it is Emma and now it was going to be Baby Neal. Seriously, that was not a surprise at all. 

• Love 2

Can we just give an Emmy to the casting department of this show already? Young Emma was perfect. And does anybody remember when the flashbacks with Young Snow White? They just manage to find these child actors who not only resemble their adult counterparts to an uncanny degree but are also excellent actors.

Also, I really enjoyed Elsa and Emma together. They have a really great sister bond type thing going on not only because they both have powers but also because theirs is the type of relationship where one of them can call the other prickly. I'll be really sad to see that dynamic gone.

• Love 2

I have to hand it to the show, I was pretty emotional over the Snow Queen's sacrifice. I wasn't super drawn into the Ingrid/pre-Frozen-movie-Arendelle storyline this season, but she definitely sold that final scene.

As for the rest of the episode? Eh, I guess I didn't really care about what was happening during the fights because I knew no one would actually be killed. I don't even think anyone got seriously injured! It all seemed like a huge delay for the real dramatic stuff that still needs to be resolved: Belle learning about Rumple's numerous lies and Hook's missing heart.

• Love 6

I only caught the last 15 minutes of this episode, but I have to ask: really, we can't ditch Regina and Rumpel and keep the Snow Queen? Elizabeth Mitchell sold the everloving hell out of her final scenes (and really, they weren't that well written at all, she just utterly sold them) and I was so, SO rooting for an Ingrid redemption far more than I've ever rooted for the Undynamic Duo. Ingrid was obviously messed up, but she didn't have the core of malice/evil that Rumpel and Regina do. A redemption for her would've been both plausible and heartrending (if done right). RIP, Ingrid. You were easily the best non-R&R villain we've had. And Mitchell is easily the best non-regular actor this show has ever had. I like the women playing 4B's Terrible Trio, but there's no way they can live up to Mitchell's performance.

• Love 11

Felt so sad for Ingrid. I though that her reform would mean she'd be able to stay alive but no. But goodness did they make Arendelle's history so morbid, and yet they couldn't change Elsa's clothes. All in all the Frozen arc was brilliant. I liked that it had more to do with defeating a complex villain than 11 weeks of trying to break a curse. I'm going to miss the Frozen crew )':

• Love 3

I call "Bullshit!" on Gerda being able to write such a long and neat note while that boat was being tossed around in those waves, water was raining buckets down on her and her husband was yelling in her ear.

• Love 11

This episode was so underwhelming. I knew they were going to go for camp with the Shattered Sight spell, but then why did they spend all that time fretting about it when it was basically just a bunch of people yelling at each other? And they weren't even all that evil things that were said. I did love Emma & Elsa tag teaming on riling Regina up.

I liked that they brought the ring back from the box of memories. It's sweet that even though Emma thought Ingrid was crazy and tried to kill her that she kept the silly plastic ring from the dalmatian prize (and real subtle on having the stuffed animal be a dalmatian guys). Also, there was further evidence of Emma having magic in the Land Without Magic, so I'm really hoping that goes somewhere at some point. 

Why was Emma now in the foster system in Minnesota? I guess Massachusetts got tired of paying for the baby they somehow inherited from Maine and now Minnesota taxpayers are on the hook? She ran away there so now Minnesota is stuck with her?

I loved the conversation between Ingrid and Madam Faustina. "How will you express your gratitude?" "Thank you." Hee!

Regina's wardrobe comments were off to me because in "Welcome to Storybrooke" we saw her immediately run over to check out and admire her new wardrobe. Emma's commentary on it was better.

Oh Ingrid. You were so crazy and yet so sweet. Why do these people who haven't truly done all the evil things that Regina & Rumpel do have to die? She could have gone back to Arendelle and been happy with Elsa and Anna. Boo for killing her off! She truly did have a nice redemption and I'm glad she seemed happy at the end.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 5

Well, they definitely showed that Hook is well and truly in love with Emma, since he's introducing new guys to his old love, the floor.

My first thought was how nice of Hook to introduce Will to the Wall, now they can double date with Hook and the Floor.

Where did Henry get marbles? What 12 yr. old carries marbles around? Or does Regina keep them in her desk?

Edited by The Cake is a Pie
  • Love 3

This show has such a split personality.

I felt so sad for Ingrid and her craziness, but the rest of the episode felt pointless. They take a spell that should've had really bad repercussions and play it as camp. WTF? I'm not watching this for slapstick. All the stuff with Regina and Snow and Snow and Charming would've been great, a lot of truth and hurtfulness came out, but then they brush it off by laughing after the spell is broken. Sigh. Whatever, show. And the "We were under a curse" to justify whenever someone does something seemingly out of character is getting really old.

I did laugh at Charming's "Maybe it's Whale's baby" line.

• Love 7

Here's something to look for when re-watching. At the very end, with Rumple leaving his shop to embark on his plan, notice the sign on his shop door. The CLOSED sign is framed in such a way that the "C" and the "D" are blocked by the glass frame, so right beside Rumple's face is the word LOSE. Wonderfully subtle and definitely not accidental, IMHO.

• Love 7
They take a spell that should've had really bad repercussions and play it as camp. WTF? I'm not watching this for slapstick. All the stuff with Regina and Snow and Snow and Charming would've been great, a lot of truth and hurtfulness came out

This. So much this. I'm a sucker for a redemption arc in any story. Always have been and always will be, so I'm hopeful for Regina earning her happy ending. But the darkness that's in her heart is still powerful and all-consuming under the surface, as the curse plainly showed. Wishing malice on the one who killed your true love is one thing, but outright wanting to murder a newborn child is beyond the pale, and this *needs* to be addressed if there's any hope at redemption.

The curse revealed everyone's inner darkness. That means Regina's still harboring levels of hatred so dark that I can't see how she can overcome them, quite frankly. I want that to happen; I want Regina to earn her happy ending. But if she does, there must be absolute atonement for her horrors, including tonight's--and a horror is exactly what a threat of that magnitude is. I hope in the back half of the season or at some point next season they tackle this issue or else it will feel like more going around in circles.

As for the overall feeling of the episode, it felt off to me, too. I was going in hoping it would have equaled last year's mid-season finalé, which could have served as a series sendoff. I was an emotional wreck after that one and was hoping that the vanquishing of this half-season's villain would have been equally powerful. But other than DQ's final scene, which *was* fantastic, the rest left me empty. As if mine own heart had been ripped out and my body was just going through the motions.

And is it just me, or are these 11-eipsode mini-arcs just too much? I'd vastly prefer 3, 4 or 5 episode villain-vs-Storybrooke/character stories but with a unifying theme tying everything together. Pan bored the crap out of me. Irritated and bored. DQ needed to be about 6 or 7, tops. I'm really not looking forward to more of the same in the back half of this season with CdV.

• Love 1

I teared up with the DQ sacrificing herself. She was so happy at the end thinking about reuniting with her sisters. I'm going to miss her character. EM was fanatastic in every way.

Loved everything about Emma, Elsa, and Anna too.

Not enough Hook.

So over Rumple and this ridiculousness.

I didn't care for the over the top acting/fighting in the station between Snow, Charning, and the EQ.

I have my issues with the show but ugh I do not want to think about the hiatus after next week.

• Love 2
When, exactly, did Anna hear about the legend of Snow White and Prince Charming?

Yeah, I wondered about that as well. David was still the stable boy when she met him and then she was frozen soon afterward. Not sure when she had time to learn about Snow White and Prince Charming.

They take a spell that should've had really bad repercussions and play it as camp. WTF? I'm not watching this for slapstick. All the stuff with Regina and Snow and Snow and Charming would've been great, a lot of truth and hurtfulness came out, but then they brush it off by laughing after the spell is broken.

This also occurred to me. It was a great opportunity for character development that it appears they'll brush off as "we were under a curse." And Evil Queen Regina is threatening to kill the baby and that's supposed to be funny? I know it was supposed to be slapsticky, but uh...well, I guess killing babies isn't really funny to me.

I'm really going to miss Ingrid. What a great job by Elizabeth Mitchell and what a great villain. Sniff. So long, DQ. And the sisters Anna, Elsa and Emma -- loved their hug at the end! Stick around and be Emma's family, Anna and Elsa!

• Love 1

I don't understand why Regina seemed to have amnesia from the spell. Snow and David knew who they were and what they were doing, they just became really snippy. Regina acted like she'd been transported from the Enchanted Forest to the vault with no memory (except that she hated Emma). She should know that she's been wearing sensible pantsuits for the last 30 years. Now, if she'd said, "I hate this boring outfit" or whatever, it would have made total sense.

Kudos to the hair stylist for recreating Emma's season 1 look for the 2011 flashback. I loved her curlier hair even though I had a hard time imagining Emma spending that much time on her hair every morning.

Bye Ingrid. I felt more sympathy for you than any other villain on this show.

• Love 5

In the snarky side of things, can we just talk about how it was legit Regina's hatred of Emma that freed her and Elsa from Ingrid's ribbons? Because I was simultaneously snickering pretty damn hard at that and fearing the fandom fallout over the next couple of days, haha.

You mean by the fact they again found a way to have Regina to save the day when it should have been the Saviour? I don't think the fandom will have a problem.

Kudos to the hair stylist for recreating Emma's season 1 look for the 2011 flashback. I loved her curlier hair even though I had a hard time imagining Emma spending that much time on her hair every morning.

The blue motorcycle jacket lives! As for the hair, per Jennifer Morrison, the curls were a mistake. Apparently the wet weather made it very difficult for her to maintain the curls and they spent massive amounts of time trying to fix them each day during filming.

• Love 3

On rewatch, DQ has the memory stones hidden inside "carrot sherbet". I get she thought nobody would ever order that, but I totally would.

Also, how did Regina never notice an uncursed DQ and her ice cream parlour while Storybrooke was cursed?

• Love 7

Only on this show could everyone share a hearty laugh after trying to kill one another.  Not just at the Sheriff's station but all over Main Street too.

I'm curious if next week, someone will mention the mass disappearance/murder of the fairies, or if everyone are already over it.

At least we didn't get a quest for the Last Magical Scissors to cut the yellow ribbons.

Did Anna forget that she left a newborn in perilous danger when she decided to take a hike to find Ice Queen's secret cavern that no one knows the location of?  I'm curious what the conversation back into town was like "Uh, Emma... your parents and your baby brother might be dead.  FYI, since somehow The Evil Queen got free and went on a rampage."

Edited by Camera One

Is there anyone out there that can explain Rumpel's plan? I get that he wants to be separated from the dagger, but then what? He's going to take Manhattan or something? I mean what is his purpose at this point? He says everyone in Storybrooke will be fine and he'll leave them alone, so okay, but what does he want? This storyline makes zero sense and they usually try to show some kind of motivation, but I've got nothing with this one.

Why is it that Belle had to take the rock somewhere and drink tea or whatever, but Elsa and Emma get their memories returned directly from the rock? 

If Hook wasn't affected by the curse because he didn't have his heart, why on earth didn't Regina just start pulling hearts out and storing them in her vault while waiting for the slowest curse ever? At the very least she could have removed her own.

Did Anna forget that she left a newborn in perilous danger when she decided to take a hike to find Ice Queen's secret cavern that no one knows the location of?  I'm curious what the conversation back into town was like "Uh, Emma... your parents and your baby brother might be dead.  FYI, since somehow The Evil Queen got free and went on a rampage."

That was the biggest thing that bothered me. It was like someone should have told Anna, take the baby far away from the crazies. Then she gets transported away from the baby and doesn't care at all about getting back to it or what might happen to it in her absence. Just an FYI, Anna is the worst babysitter ever! As a friend of mine said, "She secretly knows the baby is not going to be hurt and be just fine." Kinda like I dunno, the writers, who can't seem to ever separate their knowledge from the characters knowledge to have the characters act at all realistically.

And sorry, I even found the chorus over the Snow Queen's death, cheesy. The let's have her entire demeanor change in 5 minutes wasn't working for me. In my mind, she's like "Nah, you people are crazy and too much work without my spell, I'd rather be with my dead sisters than stuck in this crazy town."

And yeah, I remember that about Jmo's curls from the first season being too much work. Heh, no wonder they only have them appear for an entirely indoor scene.

Dark Snow is my favourite Snow (not that there's much competition) and I'm adding "I was ten!" to the "you're allergic to everything." list of lines that are all in the delivery.

By Storybrooke standards this curse wasn't so bad and I suppose I can headcanon an euphoric side effect to the spell being broken and  handwave the town's giddiness. Regina's reaction to her outfit doesn't make much sense but I loved Emma asking how she managed to walk in the Evil Queen getup.  

Snow Queen is by far the best villain Once has had, sorry Peter but the lack of middle age man creepiness pushed her to the front, not too OTT, sympathetic without losing any of the crazy. I'm going to miss her but she would have suffered the same fate a Regina if they kept her around and one Woegina is more than enough. Her redemption was quick and cheesy but I can live with what we got.

• Love 1

"Perfect timig Miss Swan, I was just reading up on how to turn you into a garden topiary!" cracked me up! And also Emma's reaction!

Yay for Emma to floor Regina! Is she really more powerful than Regina or it was because Regina was caught off guards?

Kristoff's reaction when Regina said David was whining made me laugh!

Ingrid's ending moved me almost to tears. Very well acted.

Edited by Alex
  • Love 1

Today I don't have to work, so I have already seen the episode. I have enjoyed everything about the Snow Queen, both the flashback and in Storybrooke. That's how you redeem a villain. Elizabeth Mitchell was amazing, the best she has been since Lost. Her death almost moved me to tears.

But the curse was ridiculous and totally pointless. Another missed opportunity. Lana Parrilla's acting was atrocious. So much scenery chewing.

And the reunion at the end was so sappy. I'm not even surprised Emma totally forgot about Hook. But, poor Kristoff, unconscious on the beach and under a snowfall.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

Also, how did Regina never notice an uncursed DQ and her ice cream parlour while Storybrooke was cursed?

That's a good point.  For all her snotting about how bad Mary Margaret is at mayoring for not managing to keep up the infrastructure, (Apparently, it went to pot in long, long two weeks MM's been the mayor.  Who knew infrastructure was that fragile?) Mary Margaret managed to at least notice there was a villain in town who wasn't herself. 

Regina had control of the entire town and never noticed the entirely new shop popping up.  That's some quality mayoring.  I'd love for someone to have pointed that out to her.  Seriously, show, there should've been a reason Regina didn't know about the Snow Queen earlier.

• Love 1

You mean by the fact they again found a way to have Regina to save the day when it should have been the Saviour? I don't think the fandom will have a problem.

I was talking more about the mental gymnastics that are going to be required to twist a non-curse-whammied Emma realizing that the person in Storybrooke who hated her more than anyone was Regina into some kind of declaration of love. (And in the end, having the ribbons off didn't seem to matter, so I don't think I even want to give Regina that point.)

So even though they haven't slapped an official name on what Emma and Hook are, we basically got that they're together and happy?  I'm very much down with that.

Now, how does one deal with the things Henry said and will they ever be addressed.  I get that the curse is supposed to bring out the "worst" in people (still scratching my head on this one), it seems it brought up buried resentment over certain things.  David bringing up Whale's name regarding Baby Do Over and David is apparently frugal when it comes to money and Regina still harbors some sort of resentment regarding what happened to Daniel, just like Snow resents her for not accepting that she was just a child when things happened and Kristoff has issues with his wedding being postponed and Will hates that Hook gave him a shiner.

This is all resentment, things that they don't necessarily talk about anymore or seldom, but it still exists.  So now Emma is in this new relationship that she rubs in Regina's face to get her to hate her while Henry is telling Hook that he doesn't like him and likes him even less now that he is with his mother.

I did not care for how Anna just showed up in the cave like that and honestly, I'm not even sure how Elsa and Emma even found it since the only people who knew where it was were Rumple and Belle.  Anna just sauntering in bugged the hell out of me, but then she also seemed to be Ingrid's trigger because she's so like her mother.

Ingrid did not have magic in the Land without Magic, she had it only when she was in Storybrooke, but Emma's magic manifests itself, I'm still not clear on how that works.  And Ingrid just shows up in town, opens an ice cream place and no one bats an eyelash, not even Regina who isn't affected by the curse.  How self-centered is she?  That was a rhetorical question btw, no need to answer that!

Did Gerda also take some of Ingrid's memories when she was in the urn?  Because it sure as hell seemed to be that way.  DQ while batshit crazy in her quest, she was no Zelena or Pan, she was a genuinely nice person who went about things the very wrong way.  Her scenes with wee Emma were just really sweet (until she had her standing in front of the moving car).  I thought it was sad that that whole incident colored Emma's perspective on the whole experience she had with Ingrid which at the end of the day it should, but I'm guessing she will walk away from this with a better understanding of it and she will probably look back on it more fondly. 

• Love 1