Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, jaync said:

That's interesting, considering the denials by some that a ring and/or an engagement didn't exist.

Before the alleged engagement story came out, people were saying they were broken up at the time. Typical reporting nowadays; one extreme or the other.

• Love 5
On 8/16/2018 at 1:13 AM, diadochokinesis said:

Just watched the reunion preview...  Ugh. I hate Sonja’s hairstyle. Not a fan of Dorinda’s either. It will be interesting to see how it goes. Andy does get irritated when they all start shouting at each other and not letting people answer questions so I figure his minor blow up is due to that. 

Anybody else remember the gigantic debacle of the RHoM reunion that Bravo/Andy decided to do LIVE?

Andy lost all control of those women (which the moron should have expected with that crew).

I'm sure Bravo had more FCC violations thanks to the numerous obscenities they failed to bleep out in time and apparently there was also an actual physical altercation during one of the commercial breaks.

I think that was the one and (obviously) only reunion for which they attempted a live broadcast.

Damn, it would have been better than a hug from baby Jeebus to see this upcoming RHoNY reunion go down live.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 9
On 8/20/2018 at 1:58 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Anybody else remember the gigantic debacle of the RHoM reunion that Bravo/Andy decided to do LIVE?

Andy lost all control of those women (which the moron should have expected with that crew).

I'm sure Bravo had more FCC violations thanks to the numerous obscenities they failed to bleep out in time and apparently there was also an actual physical altercation during one of the commercial breaks.

I think that was the one and (obviously) only reunion for which they attempted a live broadcast.

Damn, it would have been better than a hug from baby Jeebus to see this upcoming RHoNY reunion go down live.  

Fisticuffs? LOL really! Damn, I would have liked to have seen that but I watched Miami intermittently. Do you remember who was slugging it out?

• Love 1

1.  Is there any reason we believe the link?

2.  If true, wouldn't Carole have known this?  If so, she was asking to get gone.

3.  The show's biggest scumbag?  We'll agree to differ.  I think the show's biggest scumbag just got fired.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wow - they chose the show’s biggest scumbag for producer. Where’s the vomit emoticon?

If true it ruins the whole dynamic of the show. Any last bit if truthful interaction goes out the window when your castmate is now your boss and that wasn't the premise of the show to begin with.

I'd really have to reconsider  watching the show.

Andy you fucked up.

Edited by Giselle
Clarity. "not" did not belong.
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, albarino said:

1.  Is there any reason we believe the link?

2.  If true, wouldn't Carole have known this?  If so, she was asking to get gone.

3.  The show's biggest scumbag?  We'll agree to differ.  I think the show's biggest scumbag just got fired.

Did you see the quote in the article? I can, I guess, I understand being team Carole though I don't agree, but Dorinda? That's one of Carrole's sock puppets right there. 

Carole. Carole. She either quit in a temper tantrum or was fired for telling her boss, Andy to fuck off at a reunion. What kind of entitled twit thinks that is okay?

Also, it was pretty well documented that Heather left because of issues with her business partner, and rumoured problems in her marriage. And Kristen, sweet, dim Kristen, was a dud. 

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Giselle said:

If true it ruins the whole dynamic of the show. Any last bit if truthful interaction goes out the window when your castmate is now your boss and that wasn't the premise of the show to begin with.

I'd really have to reconsider  not watching the show.

Andy you fucked up.

Yeah, if this is true, I’m out - it’s bad enough just having B back on the show.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Did you see the quote in the article? I can, I guess, I understand being team Carole though I don't agree, but Dorinda? That's one of Carrole's sock puppets right there. 

Carole. Carole. She either quit in a temper tantrum or was fired for telling her boss, Andy to fuck off at a reunion. What kind of entitled twit thinks that is okay?

Also, it was pretty well documented that Heather left because of issues with her business partner, and rumoured problems in her marriage. And Kristen, sweet, dim Kristen, was a dud. 

Does it really make a difference? A few weeks ago B was a lying liar who lies when she claimed Carol was fired. This week she’s a scumbag because she got Carole fired according to a tabloid. 

A few weeks ago B was delusional because Heather chose to leave, this week she’s a POS for getting Heather fired.

a few weeks ago no one brought Kristen up because people couldn’t remember who she was this week Bethenny is blamed for getting the dud fired.

Bethenny can not win! I personally believe she got them all fired but I don’t care. If they had been amusing enough she couldn’t have done it to them. The truth is that bravo/Andy may have weighed popularity and in the whole scheme of things none of those three Held a candle to Bethenny and they made a business decision to keep a more talked about d lister onboard.

Edited by bagger
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Giselle said:

Thanks for the link.  I'm not buying it.  First of all, Andy did not create the Real Housewives.  Secondly, Beth may have a certain amount of 'power' but I think it stems from something between her and Andy. 

Beth is not a ratings magnet.

Heather made it quite clear that she did not get fired. 

I also think that a decision to not ask a housewife back is not made before the reunion airs. 

If anything, Beth and Carole was one of the main storylines this season.  What do they have left for the most part next season?  Lu gets out of rehab?   What does Beth have going on?  Ok.  Dennis died.  And Carole quit before that happened.

• Love 11

Bethenny ain't all that. She is popular.. but not irreplaceable. Bethenny's instincts on what makes a good show pretty consistently fail - see her talk show and the dreadful Fredrik and BethennyHour. No way is Bethenny a secret non credited producer of the show. Did she probably/possibly advocate for Carole to leave the show? I'm sure she did...but depending on whether you believe Carole was fired or  quit, I think Carole knew she was toast the second she realized she just called her actual boss Andy a piece of shit. Even if she stayed, she would be on the shit list for that. 

But Bethenny gets people fired? Nonsense. Bethenny obviously loathes Ramona and Ramona is still there. If Beth had the power, people would be kissing her ass a LOT more than they are.

13 minutes ago, bagger said:

A few weeks ago B was a lying liar who lies when she claimed Carol was fired. This week she’s a scumbag because she got Carole fired according to a tabloid. 

A few weeks ago B was delusional because Heather chose to leave, this week she’s a POS for getting Heather fired.

a few weeks ago no one brought Kristen up because people couldn’t remember who she was this week Bethenny is blamed for getting the dud fired.

Yeah I continue to be amazed at how Bethenny did get Carole fired and also absolutely didn't, Carole walked away with her head held high and left Bethenny behind all on her own. Bethenny is like a reality show Schroedinger's cat.

• Love 19

Ummm...pretty certain Heather was fired. She refused to talk about her marriage, work and who knows what else...she had no story line.  Either talk about your marriage or leave. She chose to leave  That says fired to me. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Ummm...pretty certain Heather was fired. She refused to talk about her marriage, work and who knows what else...she had no story line.  Either talk about your marriage or leave. She chose to leave  That says fired to me. 

What about her marriage?  She and Jonathan are still together. 

Yes, there were problems with work but she was probably advised not to talk about those problems.

I thought Jax's medical problems were a huge storyline.  Not enough attention was given to Jax making it to his tenth birthday without another liver transplant.  I thought Heather was an inspiration because as much as what was going on with her son, she always tried to stay positive.  Yes.  She had moments.  Deservedly so.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Heather was an inspiration.

Sorry, but I want to see the housewives and not their children. I want to be entertained and laugh at the crazies who try to tell us what we see on TV is not what really happened.

Heather wasn't going to be asked back because of her legal issues. The person who loaned her company 1M and became VP was suing Heather.

Bravo didn't seem to like any of her other story lines and got sick of her talking about P Diddy as much as Sonja.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Heather wasn't going to be asked back because of her legal issues. The person who loaned her company 1M and became VP was suing Heather.

Bravo didn't seem to like any of her other story lines and got sick of her talking about P Diddy as much as Sonja.

Did the VP win?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Martinigirl said:

Heather was an inspiration.

Sorry, but I want to see the housewives and not their children. I want to be entertained and laugh at the crazies who try to tell us what we see on TV is not what really happened.

I get that you don't want to see their children.  However, Heather's son was in a situation that was well worth seeing.  I think if it a situation that can help someone, it's ok.  I'm not interested all that much in kids being kids.  When a child is going through what Jax did, it's more than ok.  Seeing Jax go through his hearing loss or transplant situation, that is worth seeing a thousand times over than some lame kid's acting out.  MMV.  Sorry for being so harsh. 

• Love 7

Heather was also known for picking fights with other, more established brands over patents.  She had filed a few lawsuits with different companies before she went after Spanx, but Spanx didn't back down with a shut up and go away settlement like the other ones did.  That got her into some trouble.  I'm pretty sure that shit blew up between her and the partner, because she's no longer with the company and has gone on and created a new one.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Ramona refused to discuss her split from Mario at that season's reunion.  She flat told Andy "this is not up for discussion, move on". (paraphrased)  She's still there, much to my dismay.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, SCS said:

Fisticuffs? LOL really! Damn, I would have liked to have seen that but I watched Miami intermittently. Do you remember who was slugging it out?

I can't remember for sure, but I think it was that yappy one (Adriana?) and Elsa's daughter. I'll check to see if it's on Hulu and check it out.  It was all sorts of chaotic and Andy looked beyond frazzled. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

If anything, Beth and Carole was one of the main storylines this season.  What do they have left for the most part next season?  Lu gets out of rehab?   What does Beth have going on?  Ok.  Dennis died.  And Carole quit before that happened.

Yeah, I am sure Bravo would have loved to milk this storyline for another season. Why fire Carole when she is one half of the most talked-about issue on the show right now?

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yeah, I am sure Bravo would have loved to milk this storyline for another season. Why fire Carole when she is one half of the most talked-about issue on the show right now?

I'm not so sure. We've seen over the seasons, people who argue with Bethenny are a dime a dozen. When is Bethenny and an opponent, not been a talked-about element?

Carole was just the latest. The problem is, she was bringing nothing else to the table. And then, her animosity toward King Andy, did her no favors.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ramona refused to discuss her split from Mario at that season's reunion.  She flat told Andy "this is not up for discussion, move on". (paraphrased)  She's still there, much to my dismay.

By the time Ramona and Mario's split happened, Ramona had well established what a mess she was and that she could be relied upon to always say the wrong things and argue with at least one of her cast mates. Just the other day I was watching a clip of her runway walk and thinking, this is why she's lasted this long. She just does stupid, embarrassing shit and thinks nothing of it, lol.

36 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

If she was fired, I think it would be for whatever issues may have stemmed from behind the scenes (if any). She didn't announce her departure until after filming the reunion so that could have been a factor. I agree that it doesn't make sense to fire someone who had a pivotal role in the drama this season (though she did well in not entertaining the drama as emotionally as Bethenny), she was engaging with Bethenny which lent to a lot of the screen time this season. I don't think Bethenny would pull an ultimatum with Bravo. Bethenny knows that a longstanding feud with someone only means more screen time for her which is a benefit in her books. Sure, Bethenny could probably get into a fight with a wall, but she seems like a soldier for the show, much like Nene Leakes and Lisa Vanderpump, which is why I think they have garnered some favour from Bravo.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Bethenny ain't all that. She is popular.. but not irreplaceable. Bethenny's instincts on what makes a good show pretty consistently fail - see her talk show and the dreadful Fredrik and BethennyHour. No way is Bethenny a secret non credited producer of the show. Did she probably/possibly advocate for Carole to leave the show? I'm sure she did...but depending on whether you believe Carole was fired or  quit, I think Carole knew she was toast the second she realized she just called her actual boss Andy a piece of shit. Even if she stayed, she would be on the shit list for that. 

But Bethenny gets people fired? Nonsense. Bethenny obviously loathes Ramona and Ramona is still there. If Beth had the power, people would be kissing her ass a LOT more than they are.

Yeah I continue to be amazed at how Bethenny did get Carole fired and also absolutely didn't, Carole walked away with her head held high and left Bethenny behind all on her own. Bethenny is like a reality show Schroedinger's cat.

Maybe I am wrong but I think B is more concerned with a good show fights and all then who is her personal friend.  I just don't see her as petty.  Kristen/Carole didn't bring much to the show.  And there was the ol Ashley Madison thing re her husband that I am SURE she didn't want to be her story.  How many of us talked for many seasons how boring Carole was?  I also think if B were a producer, she would want Producer's credit and the $ that goes along with it.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

I'm not so sure. We've seen over the seasons, people who argue with Bethenny are a dime a dozen. When is Bethenny and an opponent, not been a talked-about element?

Carole was just the latest. The problem is, she was bringing nothing else to the table. And then, her animosity toward King Andy, did her no favors.

Now you’ve done it, you’ve hit the nail on the head. Her fight with Bethenny was all she had all season and it’s the only storyline she’s had for a few seasons. The fight with Bethenny May have been enough to keep her on but carol wasn’t really articulating what her issue with B was. She was giving us nothing to see what her issues were. She was giving us nothing to root for her about. 

Then she goes after Andy? Nah she wasn’t going to survive that. 

• Love 11
On 8/29/2018 at 9:58 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I don’t think Bravo/Andy fires the talent much anyway.  That doesn’t seem to be their style. They seem to like to keep people around in some capacity just in case. Luanne got demoted, but they never fired her. I don’t think Bravo/Andy fired Kelly, I think they started enforcing every inch of her contract until she quit.The death of a thousand cuts I think is more their style. That way they still get rid of the problem child in the long run, but may also get some good breakdown/hissy fit footage along the way. Usually the out and out firing are from being boring, not difficult; Cindy the vagina bedazzled, Whatsherface from S1 Atlanta. Other cast members swear they decided to leave, which I have a tendcy to believe on a sliding scale.  Except for Katie from S1 Potomac, she was fired. Which I don’t get. That crazy chick was TV gold.

I think Carole wanted something (I’m honestly not sure what. Money? Her own show? Not to have to film with Bethany?), Andy gave her a hard no, she walked. I think that’s part of the reason she went into the reunion guns blazing. She was pissed at Bravo about whatever she wasn’t getting. 

• Love 6
On 8/29/2018 at 3:49 PM, bagger said:

Now you’ve done it, you’ve hit the nail on the head. Her fight with Bethenny was all she had all season and it’s the only storyline she’s had for a few seasons. The fight with Bethenny May have been enough to keep her on but carol wasn’t really articulating what her issue with B was. She was giving us nothing to see what her issues were. She was giving us nothing to root for her about. 

Then she goes after Andy? Nah she wasn’t going to survive that. 

But....but.....Bethenny sent her a texts. That Bitch! How dare she ask Carole if there was a problem in their friendship. 

• Love 14
On 8/29/2018 at 12:58 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Listen, I'm only quoting you because I've wondered where you went off to lol. I used to enjoy your HW's commentary.

In any case, I'm in agreement with you and breezy. It would make no sense to fire Carole given that more than half of the season was devoted to the devolution of their friendship. 

On 8/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, breezy424 said:

Thanks for the link.  I'm not buying it.  First of all, Andy did not create the Real Housewives.  Secondly, Beth may have a certain amount of 'power' but I think it stems from something between her and Andy. 

Beth is not a ratings magnet.

Heather made it quite clear that she did not get fired. 

I also think that a decision to not ask a housewife back is not made before the reunion airs. 

Yeah, I think people want to believe that Carole was fired for their own reasons, but precedent on these franchises has shown that casting decisions from TPTB have not come until after the reunions have aired. Granted, I don't watch every single franchise, but I think that Heather (and now Carole) are the two who have announced their departure before the season even wrapped. That leads me to believe they came to these decisions on their own. 

And has been noted in both reunion threads, Bethenny's story line this season was largely (actually out-sized, if we're being real) the break up of her friendship with Carole. Carole removed herself from that. What will Bethenny's story line be in the upcoming season. Maybe an episode or two about Dennis? But that's not a season's-long story line, so...

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

Listen, I'm only quoting you because I've wondered where you went off to lol. I used to enjoy your HW's commentary.

In any case, I'm in agreement with you and breezy. It would make no sense to fire Carole given that more than half of the season was devoted to the devolution of their friendship. 

Yeah, I think people want to believe that Carole was fired for their own reasons, but precedent on these franchises has shown that casting decisions from TPTB have not come until after the reunions have aired. Granted, I don't watch every single franchise, but I think that Heather (and now Carole) are the two who have announced their departure before the season even wrapped. That leads me to believe they came to these decisions on their own. 

And has been noted in both reunion threads, Bethenny's story line this season was largely (actually out-sized, if we're being real) the break up of her friendship with Carole. Carole removed herself from that. What will Bethenny's story line be in the upcoming season. Maybe an episode or two about Dennis? But that's not a season's-long story line, so...

Maybe Bethenny is dragging out s#$t with Jason to help her stay in the media.  She has nothing else at this point.  Skinny Girl and all its extensions are old news.  Dennis is gone.  Bryn can't be on the show.  

She needs another natural disaster or more divorce drama.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mozelle said:

but I think that Heather (and now Carole) are the two who have announced their departure before the season even wrapped. That leads me to believe they came to these decisions on their own. 

Could be.

If Carole was planning to quit right after the reunion filming...

She would not have cared or was even waiting for the right moment to curse at Andy.

Didn't take long.

Carole's behavior online since she left the show has not been that of someone who quit and is walking out of the building with her head held high. She's butthurt and lashing out, searching for any way she can to get a Housewife dig in. If she had quit, she'd be distancing herself from the show.

She was canned.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Carole's behavior online since she left the show has not been that of someone who quit and is walking out of the building with her head held high. She's butthurt and lashing out, searching for any way she can to get a Housewife dig in. If she had quit, she'd be distancing herself from the show.

She was canned.

AGREE!!! 

She also never really comes out and states she wasn't fired. Even her tweet "If I was fired because I yelled at Andy Id be screaming it from rooftops...his ego didn't bruise. Trust."  She doesn't say I WASN'T FIRED because I yelled at Andy.......

Carole is very careful with her wording.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

AGREE!!! 

She also never really comes out and states she wasn't fired. Even her tweet "If I was fired because I yelled at Andy Id be screaming it from rooftops...his ego didn't bruise. Trust."  She doesn't say I WASN'T FIRED because I yelled at Andy.......

Carole is very careful with her wording.

As Carole said herself, those who parse words and nitpick sentences are LYING.

• Love 11

I think Andy has said in the past that they have not done a new contract with some wives because there really wasn't anywhere else to go with their story.  Gretchen kind of comes to mind, from OC.  She wasn't getting married, she was kind of engaged to Slade, didn't exactly have a job, she didn't really have other family to interact with, and her story within the group was pretty much done, too.  Someone like Cindy from NY, she just sucked and was never interesting in the first place, so they didn't bring her back, because, well, who cares?  Has anyone really wondered what she has been up to since?  I can't even be bothered to go look.  

Heather wasn't going to be able to film all that much in the next season, she was having major legal issues both with Spanx (and, it wasn't going to be good to have that filmed), and with her own company, Yummie Tummy.  Her business partner in YT was refusing to allow her to film anything to do with the business, so, she wasn't going to be able to show any of that part of her life, which would have left only her home life.  I don't 100% remember, but, I think she also wanted to pull back on her kids and her husband, which would have left her with basically nothing to film, and so, she was done.  

I think that's one thing that wives don't always get, you can leave something out of your life/story, but you can't leave everything out.  Sonja doesn't film her kid, and it works, but she pretty much has to put out everything else in her life, otherwise, she's not going to have a story.  She can't just show up at the events, or no one cares.  Other wives might not show their job in great detail, but, they're open with their kids and their marriage.  

• Love 5

Carole quit, and she’s responding to people who are engaging her on social media because the season is still airing. 

45 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

She was canned.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

LYING Carole -  Her book has been coming to TV since 2012. AND whatever  happened to the follow up book  Girl's Guide to Life? 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I don’t think Bravo/Andy fires the talent much anyway.  That doesn’t seem to be their style. They seem to like to keep people around in some capacity just in case. Luanne got demoted, but they never fired her. I don’t think Bravo/Andy fired Kelly, I think they started enforcing every inch of her contract until she quit.The death of a thousand cuts I think is more their style. That way they still get rid of the problem child in the long run, but may also get some good breakdown/hissy fit footage along the way. Usually the out and out firing are from being boring, not difficult; Cindy the vagina bedazzled, Whatsherface from S1 Atlanta. Other cast members swear they decided to leave, which I have a tendcy to believe on a sliding scale.  Except for Katie from S1 Potomac, she was fired. Which I don’t get. That crazy chick was TV gold.

I think Carole wanted something (I’m honestly not sure what. Money? Her own show? Not to have to film with Bethany?), Andy gave her a hard no, she walked. I think that’s part of the reason she went into the reunion guns blazing. She was pissed at Bravo about whatever she wasn’t getting. 

Out of all the scenarios I've read or come up with, this seems the most likely.

1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

She was canned.

@FozzyBear wrote a scenario that I think fits best, with both her actions after the show, and her general air of entitled privlidge. I quoted it above.

• Love 2

What will Bethenny's story line be in the upcoming season. Maybe an episode or two about Dennis? But that's not a season's-long story line, so...

Her s/l will be about how tortured and lonely she is, because make no mistake, she's going to milk Dennis's death for all it's worth. That she's already signed up for another season while the current one is still airing likely means that Bethandy wants to get a head start on filming to take advantage of whatever grief she can work up for the cameras. I fully expect next season's premiere - like Frankel's first episode back - to be totally dominated by her. The rest of the season will be about whatever new SG crap she'll be promoting once the jeans flop. (And, she'll be buddying up to Jill if she comes back.)

Edited by jaync
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, jaync said:

That she's already signed up for another season

I did not know this.  I sort of thought there was a good chance that she wouldn't come back.  I wonder, if Carole hadn't exited first, if B would have done so.  Wouldn't want to appear a copycat.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

She was canned.

I agree.    Carole is still bitching on social media.   That's not a sign of someone who wanted to walk away.   It's a sign that she's bitter, angry and can't let it go.    Hopefully that will pass and we won't hear from her or about her anymore. 

image.jpeg

• Love 11

I did not know this.  I sort of thought there was a good chance that she wouldn't come back.  I wonder, if Carole hadn't exited first, if B would have done so.  Wouldn't want to appear a copycat.

IIRC, it was in the episode thread where it was posted that Frankel had re-signed. She needs the cameras like fish need water, so I would've been very surprised if she had chosen not to fill up the show with her stank for another season.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, jaync said:

Her s/l will be about how tortured and lonely she is, because make no mistake, she's going to milk Dennis's death for all it's worth. That she's already signed up for another season while the current one is still airing likely means that Bethandy wants to get a head start on filming to take advantage of whatever grief she can work up for the cameras. I fully expect next season's premiere - like Frankel's first episode back - to be totally dominated by her. The rest of the season will be about whatever new SG crap she'll be promoting once the jeans flop. (And, she'll be buddying up to Jill if she comes back.)

Yeah, unfortunately I can see her using her grief as a season long story line. Not that grief has an expiration date, but rather, take some time off to grieve properly. I'm all about distractions to prevent persistent thoughts about how horrible things are. Bu,t if her grief is going to interfere with her job, making everyone walk on more fragile eggshells when she's around, imo, she should consider taking a season off. She's already got a lot on her plate with her business and the custody battle.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

That was the thing I liked the least about Carole, and I used to like her more than any of them. She always made statements as if they were facts.

In light of today’s journalism often colluding with lies and spin in politics, I don’t feel Carole is a fount of wisdom or truth. She is from the days when news was the ethical honest word. Those days ended when ... well, many years ago. Carole lies the same as all of them. She just refuses to face it imo. I think she’ll say absolutely anything to avoid accountability most of the time. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

She was canned.

Yeah, because no one has ever been bitter after quitting a toxic work environment.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Yeah, unfortunately I can see her using her grief as a season long story line. Not that grief has an expiration date, but rather, take some time off to grieve properly. I'm all about distractions to prevent persistent thoughts about how horrible things are. Bu,t if her grief is going to interfere with her job, making everyone walk on more fragile eggshells when she's around, imo, she should consider taking a season off. She's already got a lot on her plate with her business and the custody battle.

So, then, which type of loss has the highest rank: 1) Widowhood, 2) Divorce, 3) Death of your married (separated but still married) on-again, off-again lover?  Bethenny, Sonja and Dorinda can get a season's worth of mileage out of that circular argument alone. 

15 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yeah, because no one has ever been bitter after quitting a toxic work environment.  

I have had to walk away from toxic jobs to preserve both my physical and mental health.  Damned straight I was bitter, mainly because upper management was fully aware of the problems and turned a blind eye. Obviously, that is not applicable to a Bravo franchise, because the more dysfunctional and toxic, the better! 

• Love 10

Grief is such a hot optic these days, you’re all probably calling it right. That could allow for Jill to appear as a friend or something but I hope not. As a season theme tho, I’m with everyone in not wanting to have grief be a storyline. It’s too sad. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

So, then, which type of loss has the highest rank: 1) Widowhood, 2) Divorce, 3) Death of your married (separated but still married) on-again, off-again lover?  Bethenny, Sonja and Dorinda can get a season's worth of mileage out of that circular argument alone. 

But if that is all next season will be, not interested.

Seems to me all of the HW franchises are running out of story.  It’s been 10 years.  I can’t point to a single woman whose life I would want to emulate.  Each one has her own deeply rooted issue.  We’ve gotten away from the house porn, the event porn, to find ourselves watching little friendship and more backbiting.

It may be what sells advertising and gets eyes on the program, but it’s not how it all started out.  I’ve given up on most of the franchises because I can’t take the horrid way the protagonists (or antagonists) treat each other.  Watching women scream at each other for twenty minutes of a forty minute program is demeaning for them and exhausting for me.

• Love 11