Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

So, then, which type of loss has the highest rank: 1) Widowhood, 2) Divorce, 3) Death of your married (separated but still married) on-again, off-again lover?  Bethenny, Sonja and Dorinda can get a season's worth of mileage out of that circular argument alone. 

I have had to walk away from toxic jobs to preserve both my physical and mental health.  Damned straight I was bitter, mainly because upper management was fully aware of the problems and turned a blind eye. Obviously, that is not applicable to a Bravo franchise, because the more dysfunctional and toxic, the better! 

Not ranking grief at all. Impossible to compare. My point is that since her return, Bethenny's life has been extremely stressful and hectic. She's got the divorce and custody issues, she had the fibroid situation, her endless journey to find and rehab the perfect apartment, several reality shows, hurricane relief,...The sudden death of someone she was very close to and cared deeply about takes a hard blow on a person. I just think, since the other stressors in her life aren't going anywhere, it might be best for her to take some time for herself to heal. I know she doesn't roll that way: she's full speed ahead 24/7, but I think it would do her good. She can afford it, and it's not like Andy wouldn't hold her place or let her make a few appearances (y'know, hold SkinnyGirl events for the others to attend as their Girls Night Out). Maybe she'd benefit from some relaxing time at Lu's yoga spahab place (not saying she needs rehab, more of a comment on the bogus 2 wk "rehab" that Lu did that sounded more like a nice getaway).  I don't even like her, but all this stress she appears to constantly be under, is going to eventually take a toll on her health.

• Love 11
On 9/1/2018 at 9:05 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Not ranking grief at all. Impossible to compare. My point is that since her return, Bethenny's life has been extremely stressful and hectic. She's got the divorce and custody issues, she had the fibroid situation, her endless journey to find and rehab the perfect apartment, several reality shows, hurricane relief,...The sudden death of someone she was very close to and cared deeply about takes a hard blow on a person. I just think, since the other stressors in her life aren't going anywhere, it might be best for her to take some time for herself to heal. I know she doesn't roll that way: she's full speed ahead 24/7, but I think it would do her good. She can afford it, and it's not like Andy wouldn't hold her place or let her make a few appearances (y'know, hold SkinnyGirl events for the others to attend as their Girls Night Out). Maybe she'd benefit from some relaxing time at Lu's yoga spahab place (not saying she needs rehab, more of a comment on the bogus 2 wk "rehab" that Lu did that sounded more like a nice getaway).  I don't even like her, but all this stress she appears to constantly be under, is going to eventually take a toll on her health.

Bethenny might be this way because it allows her not to sit and be alone with her thoughts for too long.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 14
On 8/31/2018 at 5:29 PM, jaync said:

Her s/l will be about how tortured and lonely she is, because make no mistake, she's going to milk Dennis's death for all it's worth. That she's already signed up for another season while the current one is still airing likely means that Bethandy wants to get a head start on filming to take advantage of whatever grief she can work up for the cameras. I fully expect next season's premiere - like Frankel's first episode back - to be totally dominated by her. The rest of the season will be about whatever new SG crap she'll be promoting once the jeans flop. (And, she'll be buddying up to Jill if she comes back.)

On 8/31/2018 at 10:06 PM, Sunfield said:

Grief is such a hot optic these days, you’re all probably calling it right. That could allow for Jill to appear as a friend or something but I hope not. As a season theme tho, I’m with everyone in not wanting to have grief be a storyline. It’s too sad. 

Cue Jill Zarin! And they won't even have to fight = she will be in protective mama bear mode.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 5

I was expecting a new episode tonight of unseen footage because that's what my cable guide said (see above) but NO.  Instead I got to watch the stupid dinner scene in Colombia again.   I wonder who I can blame for the bad listing.   The cable company has to get their info from Bravo.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I was expecting a new episode tonight of unseen footage because that's what my cable guide said (see above) but NO.  Instead I got to watch the stupid dinner scene in Colombia again.   I wonder who I can blame for the bad listing.   The cable company has to get their info from Bravo.   

Hmmm.  Interesting.  I wonder if they decided to delete or add to the unseen footage show for some reason.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

I'm pretty sure I got some more info in tonights episode. They had pop ups with comments and more of some scenes. It looks like another next week as well. 

So basically it was just the lame “social” edition?

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yup. From the 30 seconds I saw, it was like old episodes of Pop Up Video. 

You gave it more than I was willing to give.  They can repackage the season six ways from Sunday, and it'll still be the Bethenny/Carole show, with a few moments of the LuAnn show.  Saw it once and that was more than enough.  

Bleed that turnip Bravo.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Anybody know what the "performance" is on this?  Wondered if it was a Q & A.

Screenshot (205).png

Yep that was basically it.Somebody who attended it gave a rundown over on Reddit. Said it was pretty fun/cool. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I apologize if this has been posted already somewhere. 

Is it the same information as what was reported on Reddit?

https://people.com/tv/andy-cohen-talks-firing-real-housewives/

Thanks for this link, Hoodooznoodooz.  I take from that article, and from some of the things Carole has said, that they had a chat with her and said she'd have to make nice with Bethenny if she wanted to return. Carole decided that would be "going against her values" and decided not to return next season.  

In this way she wasn't technically fired -- she could return if she was willing to change some things, but she wasn't, so she said no.  And yet she didn't quit entirely of her own volition because there were stipulations for her return put in place by her bosses.  IMO.

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Thanks for this link, Hoodooznoodooz.  I take from that article, and from some of the things Carole has said, that they had a chat with her and said she'd have to make nice with Bethenny if she wanted to return. Carole decided that would be "going against her values" and decided not to return next season.  

In this way she wasn't technically fired -- she could return if she was willing to change some things, but she wasn't, so she said no.  And yet she didn't quit entirely of her own volition because there were stipulations for her return put in place by her bosses.  IMO.

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I think your theory is highly likely. 

It’s curious. In general, the producers seem to encourage the conflict.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think your theory is highly likely. 

It’s curious. In general, the producers seem to encourage the conflict.

I think this conflict in particular went too far. Fans on both sides were exhausted and it just wasn’t the fun of watching Bethenny and Ramona go at it or even the spectacle that was Carole vs aviva. It just became tiresome.

• Love 16

Anyone else watching “Play by upside-down Play”? I like it. Jerry is so invested! He yelped the Tom Tom restaurant (Vanderpump Rules <— RHoBH), and there were some cute Countess references and Dorinda references. And pasta references, of course.

Dave said that when they went to Tom Tom and tried to order food, the staff seemed startled!

I myself do not know any men who admit to watching Bravo. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

I loved it. The Skype interview with Kelly Dodd, hilarious. 

She’s funny! She’s got potential suitors on the bench. “He’s a little bitch.” I only watched RHoOC maybe twice, and not all the way through. People seemed to hate KD, but I thought she was very entertaining.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

More and more, it does seem that B has something gruesome on Andy

You know it’s interesting.  There was no evidence of Bravo in any of the insta stories.  The camera was this way and that. All kind of jumbled up and at no point was there a producer, a camera, nothing.  I think Bravo wasn’t filming.  It might be that there was a production issue and that’s why Bethenny was filming.  It was obvious that no one was leaving the Berkshires at anytime soon so the fact that the last shots were early morning the next day.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Didn't know that happened. 

She was on the Wendy Williams show and had a lot to say about the upcoming season. She also felt that she was punished by taking out a lot of the scenes that she had been filmed in. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

She was on the Wendy Williams show and had a lot to say about the upcoming season. She also felt that she was punished by taking out a lot of the scenes that she had been filmed in. 

Wait - we're still talking about Joyce Wildenstein Danielle Staub, Prostitution Whore; she of the 19 engagements, morning golf pro blowies, pseudo lesbian affair, engaged her daughter in her fantasy lies, and so thirsty she makes nice with Theresa to get back on TeeVee - and somehow STILL not interesting enough to get airtime on Bravo?   ;-)

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Wait - we're still talking about Joyce Wildenstein Danielle Staub, Prostitution Whore; she of the 19 engagements, morning golf pro blowies, pseudo lesbian affair, engaged her daughter in her fantasy lies, and so thirsty she makes nice with Theresa to get back on TeeVee - and somehow STILL not interesting enough to get airtime on Bravo?   ;-)

She had a fight with one of her co-stars (I know...like this hasn’t happened before) and that’s what precipitated her scenes being removed. Now that’s footage I’d be interested in seeing. 

Add: She said it was Margaret that was responsible for having a lot of her scenes removed and that she still is only on the show as “a friend of” because she wanted to be supportive of Theresa. The clip of her interview is on YouTube. Just google Wendy Williams/Danielle Staub. This was a few days ago so I’ve forgotten a lot of the facts.  

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

She had a fight with one of her co-stars (I know...like this hasn’t happened before) and that’s what precipitated her scenes being removed. Now that’s footage I’d be interested in seeing. 

Add: She said it was Margaret that was responsible for having a lot of her scenes removed and that she still is only on the show as “a friend of” because she wanted to be supportive of Theresa. The clip of her interview is on YouTube. Just google Wendy Williams/Danielle Staub. This was a few days ago so I’ve forgotten a lot of the facts.  

<bolded>  That's never, ever gonna happen.  :-D

• Love 12
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

You know it’s interesting.  There was no evidence of Bravo in any of the insta stories.  The camera was this way and that. All kind of jumbled up and at no point was there a producer, a camera, nothing.  

The sole reason those particular women are in Dorindas Berks house together  is due to Bravo.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The sole reason those particular women are in Dorindas Berks house together  is due to Bravo

Oh absolutely.  But I think there was a mess up of some kind.  Catered dinner?  Over the top decorations?  All Hos on site and in full drag?  No cameras?  WTH? 

I know that Bethenny was straight back to NYC for school pick up because she ran into Kirsten at the local juice/coffee place.  She insta’d Kirsten and then let Kirsten insta her.  Bottom line Bethenny said it, K looked like she just effortlessly tossed on some clothes for school pick up and looked stunning.  Bethenny looked like she spent the night in the Berkshires.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Ok, in the immortal words of Rosanne Rosanada, never mind.

One of my friends assures me that she saw the lens of a camera in one of the shots.  Bravo was there.

That was Emily Litella. 

Roseanne Roseanadanna said "It's always something".

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 7