Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

(edited)
36 minutes ago, sixlets said:

@Scarlett45-I'm so sorry to hear about your godmother.  You will be in my thoughts.
@SunnyBeBe, have you checked out Restoration Hardware?  For some reason, that was the first place that popped up in my head.

Many of you know, we live in Baltimore.  I've never come across any snakes in our area even with some dense woods at the end of our development.  Earlier this year, we did have a fox show up in our fenced backyard.  He just plopped himself in the high grass and started taking a bath.  So stinkin cute!  This week has been hellish.  And the weekend can't start fast enough.  I'm picturing a liquor store run in my near future.

I still have our Welcome to Bawlmer, Hon magnet on our fridge!  From 1984.

My husband goes way back to the mid 60s, when Fort Holaburd in Dundalk, was the home to all the Army Intel schools before the move to Fort Huachuca, AZ.

Such great times and we miss the crabs.

Edited by fonfereksglen
Music major not good at spelling!
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, zenme said:

What about the poster who lived in the DC area that was so annoying. Gosh! I can’t remember her name, but ANY topic brought up she was an authority on it. I believe she moved to Ireland for her husband’s job. Anyone remember her?

So fascinating to relive it all!  I was here for GEML and remember her informative, authoritative posts!

10 hours ago, Sweeneyswt said:

My patience wore then when the Small Talk thread name was changed. This isn’t a place for each person to have their own thread. Start a blog. 

What was the thread name changed to?  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Sweeneyswt said:

I know a few of you for sure were around back during the wanderwoman scandal. Are there still a lot of people here who went through that live? I did stop reading for awhile when she was still posting. Well, I read about The Duggars, but I stopped that thread when the name changed. I felt so mean. 

I remember wander woman very well. Everyone was so nice to her. Then she got weirder and weirder. And people kept being nice. Then little by little people starting with "say what???" And I felt better because her posts were skivving me out.

• Love 16
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

Awwww, Couchtater, good for you! What lucky kitties to adopted together. And they’re so pretty!

Keep us posted, please?

Will do!  I'm pretty sure they're a sure thing.  But if not them, I'll keep looking.

• Love 13
On 7/7/2020 at 10:02 PM, thehorseofpower said:

Hi everyone!  I have been lurking on these Duggar boards almost daily since 2015 (I started out lurking on TWOP and came here after that site's demise), and have never posted....but this thread seems to be one of the only places on the internet where COVID-19 is discussed with rationality, logic, and care, and I can't tell you how much I have appreciated reading everyone's thoughts about it in the months since the USA has seemingly gone crazy.  My Facebook feed is filled with nuttiness, as is the comment section of every article I read (I know, it's horrible but I can't seem to stop reading comments)!  I felt like I should finally jump in and thank you all for the sanity you've brought to my world even though I have yet to participate in the conversation.I'm 38, married and have two daughters, 6 and almost 4.  

I used to lurk on TWoP! I had finally gotten up the nerve to post two or three times after reading there for years when it went belly-up! I was so upset. I vowed not to wait that long this time when Ptv opened up. (Primetimer now.)

Welcome @thehorseofpower 😊

Climate Change Earth GIF by Bhumi Pednekar

welcome mouse GIF

• Love 13

Your cats were so cute @CouchTater. That's great news about looking for a new pet. I'm sure you'll soon find the perfect one for you. My dad and I started looking six months after our last dog died. We usually waited longer but between her loss and my mom's the house was so quiet we started looking sooner. On his second trip to the Humane Society there she was. This beautiful black lab mix seven years old. It was meant to be.  Good luck and happy searching.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

In the theme of 2020-

My god mother’s cancer has metastasized to her liver (she was diagnosed with bile duct cancer in October 2019).

FUCK.

Im still processing.   

I'm so sorry.

tenor (4).gif

• Love 11

@Scarlett45, I'm so sorry about your godmother. 2020 has just been a complete spit storm.

I've had two grandchildren this week and I've come to the conclusion that I'm ready to be done parenting kids. I've been at this, non-stop, for almost 30 years. I've started fantasizing about renting a studio apartment and not telling anyone my address. 

I wasn't here when WW happened, but Idid get sucked in by Razing Ruth. I liked reading her blog and sympathized with her, although I never sent her any money. I started to get suspicious when her pregnant sister moved in with her and she found a lesbian couple to adopt the baby and her sister went back to their parent's home. Her stories just got weirder and she was always broke and needing just a few dollars to tide here by.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Nysha said:

@Scarlett45, I'm so sorry about your godmother. 2020 has just been a complete spit storm.

I've had two grandchildren this week and I've come to the conclusion that I'm ready to be done parenting kids. I've been at this, non-stop, for almost 30 years. I've started fantasizing about renting a studio apartment and not telling anyone my address. 

I wasn't here when WW happened, but Idid get sucked in by Razing Ruth. I liked reading her blog and sympathized with her, although I never sent her any money. I started to get suspicious when her pregnant sister moved in with her and she found a lesbian couple to adopt the baby and her sister went back to their parent's home. Her stories just got weirder and she was always broke and needing just a few dollars to tide here by.

I too did read Razing Ruth’s stuff. I believed her but didn’t send her any money though. The pregnant sister and the adoption pinged my radar and then she claimed to be moving to Chicago- being I actually LIVE HERE was born here, the things she said about the city weren’t adding up. Also she never actually explained how she went from leaving her engagement and enrolling in college......that’s when I caught on. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I remember wander woman very well. Everyone was so nice to her. Then she got weirder and weirder. And people kept being nice. Then little by little people starting with "say what???" And I felt better because her posts were skivving me out.

Everyone was sooo nice and I remember feeling like such a horrible person for not believing her story. I don’t get how someone could do that unless they have a mental issue of some sort.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, so our spring and early summer here been quite cool and rainy. First, the slug population exploded...they are everywhere. They were munching on everything, even my daylilies and I didn’t think anything ate those. Fine. Pick ‘em off and sling them into the woods. No big deal.

Ahem. You know what likes slugs? Garter snakes. Now I know those of you in areas with real snakes are scorning me hard right now, but seriously, they have reproduced alarmingly this summer. While intellectually I know they eat garden pests and I should welcome their arrival, there are two problems:

1) My retriever finds them fascinating. As a result of being harassed by a large hairy doofus, the snakes emit a pungent mixture of urine, snake poop and musk. Pungent. As in, the dog STINKS and has to have his face washed every time. Thoroughly. He finds this objectionable.

2) My brain stem has refused to accept the information that the snakes are harmless. Thus, every time I run into one my reflexes kick in and I’m three feet off the ground squealing before I even realize it. Today when I encountered snake number four I was unfortunately carrying a very large mug of tea, which went airborne when I did and came back down...mostly on my head. I found that objectionable.

Am now searching on Amazon for snake repellent...😱😱😱😱

I never think about snakes pooping. I can’t imagine a python...

(side note- I wrote above “my patience wore then.” Of course, I meant thin.)

• Love 2
(edited)

2020 really sucks!  So a few weeks ago my uncle was in a terrible car accident in Galveston.  We’re not really sure what happened, but the dump truck he was driving hit a berm and caught on fire. He had third degree burns on 40% of his body and was in a coma for weeks.  He passed away on Wednesday afternoon and I haven’t even completely processed it yet.  I love all my uncles, but he was my favorite because he was the naughty one who would sneak us beer and tell the bad jokes.  My mom is doing okay considering, but this may take my 93 year old gramdma out.  Just knowing that he suffered makes it so much worse.  And this is the first of the eleven kids to go, so while we were preparing, we weren’t prepared.  

The week started off with me trying to finish foster care classes that got canceled back in March.  I had decided not to pursue them since my ex and I would try to have a biological child (you do what you gotta so when you’re old, single and out of options), but the opportunity for the classes kept presenting itself, so I took that as a sign.  I’m also not having any luck having a baby so far, so I said why not.  I could finish the classes and make an informed decision.  Turns out my region desperately  needs foster parents for kids aged 7-17, and if you don’t select those ages they won’t even process your application.  What kind of shit is that?  I mean I get why they’re doing that, but it still sucks.  On one had you tell me to choose the ages and traits I feel comfortable parenting, and on the other had you’re telling me you won’t deal with me if I don’t choose the traits you tell me to.  I feel deeply for the older kids and teens, I really do, but I am not ready to parent children that old yet.

I can’t afford private adoption, foster to adoption is obviously no longer an option, and I don’t know  if I will be able to have a biological child.  I also can’t afford IVF, and my insurance doesn’t cover IUI so even that may be cost prohibitive. My insurance also doesn’t cover most fertility treatments and I can’t get into see my doctor for two months. I’m 39, single, overweight, insulin resistant, hypertensive, and I have had over two dozen fibroids removed from my uterus during two separate surgeries (hello scar tissue!) Time and biology are not on my side. Parenthood may not happen for me and it’s a lot to accept. 

I can’t help but think that all those years I didn’t want children (as in age 15-37) have been wasted and this is my punishment.  I know I’m not the only one having fertility issues, but no one in my family really has fertility problems, so there’s no one to talk to. And to add insult to injury, my niece and two other much younger cousins are pregnant, unplanned of course, and three babies have already been born this year. Then my mom and sister think I’m just jealous of everyone else having babies when I really am happy for them, but I don’t necessarily want to go baby shopping with them right now.  Not sure why that’s so hard to understand, but my mom and sister had teenagers and grown children by this age, and never a day of female complications so they don’t get it. It makes them come off as inconsiderate though. 

I’m sorry that was so long and whiny, and I hate to throw a pity party, but I’m frustrated, sad, and I feel like society has scowled at me for not wanting kids for so long, and then when I try to have a family, every door keeps closing in my face.  I realize that I still have decent health, a home and a job and I should not complain, but I am feeling real defeated.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 4

Olderwizer, your cold and wet , slug-infested spring and summer..... Sounds just like my neck of the woods here in Western Washington!

I love cool summers so I'm happy about that but the slugs!  I walk 4 1/2 miles most days, and the sidewalks are full of tiny slugs.  I really have to watch where I step since those things are slippery!

I’m sorry about your uncle and the fertility issues, @Ijustwantsomechips  

I don’t have any advice except I definitely don’t believe your current situation is punishment. You changed your mind, and their are some factual obstacles. Things may not work out or they might. I would say do what you’re comfortable with as far as fostering. If you’d be unhappy with an older child, it’s far better to acknowledge that now rather than deny how you’re feeling and end up in a disappointing or difficult situation.

• Love 19

Oh, Ijustwantsomechips, I’m sorry about your poor uncle. That’s just so hard.

That probably adds to your need to have a child, yes? Mortality. Having all around you either having what you want or not understanding your need to have the same makes it worse. But please don’t blame yourself! It’s a myth that we’re in charge of everything in our lives and if we just do everything right, it will all fall into place and if it doesn’t, it’s our fault. Take it from a senior citizen...dumb luck, both good and bad, drives a whole lot more than society wants us to believe.

Please be kind to yourself...

297C8E73-39C0-4B2F-9DA2-C3E9379953E3.gif

• Love 23

@Ijustwantsomechips

I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle. ((((Hugs))))

All of your feelings surrounding parenthood are completely valid- but NO you are not being punished! You are valuable and wonderful and your life choices were fine. I’m sorry to hear of your health struggles. 

You mentioned your ex would still be willing to donate for you/co-parent, that may be the road to motherhood. I don’t have any answers but you have every right to be frustrated. 

I am so sorry you’re hurting right now. 

• Love 16

@Ijustwantsomechips, I'm so sorry about your uncle. 

I understand how you feel about being punished. All I ever wanted in life was to be married and have kids, a lot of kids. So I married a man who had been married before, didn't want kids, and had had a vasectomy during his first marriage. It took almost 8 years, but I finally got him to agree to do foster care and pursue adoption. Eventually we adopted five kids from two sibling groups. All of them have significant issues and parenting them at times has been hell, especially when I see my grandchildren being raised like my children were in their birth homes. I sometimes think this has been my punishment for wanting to have children so bad and pressuring my husband, who died when the kids were between 8 and 15, into adopting.

• Love 2

Thanks @Scarlett45 @Oldernowiser and @Sweeneyswt.  I think it is the lack of control in this situation that’s driving me crazy. It’s been one hell of a week. I’m kid of a pessimist by nature, so I’m struggling to keep my head up and keep it together for my mom.  Tomorrow is my cousin’s baby shower, and I’m going to put on a brave face because I am truly happy for her and just get through it. Deep down I know it could be much worse.  

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

@Ijustwantsomechips, I'm so sorry about your uncle. 

I understand how you feel about being punished. All I ever wanted in life was to be married and have kids, a lot of kids. So I married a man who had been married before, didn't want kids, and had had a vasectomy during his first marriage. It took almost 8 years, but I finally got him to agree to do foster care and pursue adoption. Eventually we adopted five kids from two sibling groups. All of them have significant issues and parenting them at times has been hell, especially when I see my grandchildren being raised like my children were in their birth homes. I sometimes think this has been my punishment for wanting to have children so bad and pressuring my husband, who died when the kids were between 8 and 15, into adopting.

Thanks @Nysha. I’m sorry your husband passed at such a pivotal time.  I am so thankful there are people such as yourself who are willing and able to step up for children in the system.  I raised two nieces for three years, so I know some of the issues of parenting traumatized children.  It’s not for the faint of heart.  

I read  somewhere that sometimes we have to mourn the loss of our idea of parenting, and I think that’s what’s happening with me.  If it does happen, it may not look the way I envisioned it, and the way I thought I set my life up for it to be.  It’s a big pill to swallow on top of grieving the loss of a beloved uncle.  I just broke down for a minute in my office and I do feel a little better but I know there’s more tears to come.  

I’m not a crier, at all, so it takes me a minute to work through all these emotions. I’m so glad I found this forum full of wonderful, wise and supportive people to lean on.  You all have been a fountain of knowledge and experience, and a wonderful distraction from the chaos. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Thanks @Scarlett45 @Oldernowiser and @Sweeneyswt.  I think it is the lack of control in this situation that’s driving me crazy. It’s been one hell of a week. I’m kid of a pessimist by nature, so I’m struggling to keep my head up and keep it together for my mom.  Tomorrow is my cousin’s baby shower, and I’m going to put on a brave face because I am truly happy for her and just get through it. Deep down I know it could be much worse.  

It’s very hard when you want something so badly and it’s outside of your control. And the world right now is just sucky- even for those of us that are safe, healthy and employed. Please be gentle with yourself. 

• Love 18

@Ijustwantsomechips My condolences on the loss of your favorite Uncle. I hope it doesn’t effect your Gram too hard. 
I’m also sorry having a family of your own is proving to be so difficult. It shouldn’t be that the only options are for those who are rich. Money does not always make for a good parent. I know lots of ppl with money that mentally neglected their children. 
@Scarlett45 I hope I told you earlier that I was sorry to hear about your Godmother. Cancer sucks. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

2020 really sucks!  So a few weeks ago my uncle was in a terrible car accident in Galveston.  We’re not really sure what happened, but the dump truck he was driving hit a berm and caught on fire. He had third degree burns on 40% of his body and was in a coma for weeks.  He passed away on Wednesday afternoon and I haven’t even completely processed it yet.  I love all my uncles, but he was my favorite because he was the naughty one who would sneak us beer and tell the bad jokes.  My mom is doing okay considering, but this may take my 93 year old gramdma out.  Just knowing that he suffered makes it so much worse.  And this is the first of the eleven kids to go, so while we were preparing, we weren’t prepared.  

The week started off with me trying to finish foster care classes that got canceled back in March.  I had decided not to pursue them since my ex and I would try to have a biological child (you do what you gotta so when you’re old, single and out of options), but the opportunity for the classes kept presenting itself, so I took that as a sign.  I’m also not having any luck having a baby so far, so I said why not.  I could finish the classes and make an informed decision.  Turns out my region desperately  needs foster parents for kids aged 7-17, and if you don’t select those ages they won’t even process your application.  What kind of shit is that?  I mean I get why they’re doing that, but it still sucks.  On one had you tell me to choose the ages and traits I feel comfortable parenting, and on the other had you’re telling me you won’t deal with me if I don’t choose the traits you tell me to.  I feel deeply for the older kids and teens, I really do, but I am not ready to parent children that old yet.

I can’t afford private adoption, foster to adoption is obviously no longer an option, and I don’t know  if I will be able to have a biological child.  I also can’t afford IVF, and my insurance doesn’t cover IUI so even that may be cost prohibitive. My insurance also doesn’t cover most fertility treatments and I can’t get into see my doctor for two months. I’m 39, single, overweight, insulin resistant, hypertensive, and I have had over two dozen fibroids removed from my uterus during two separate surgeries (hello scar tissue!) Time and biology are not on my side. Parenthood may not happen for me and it’s a lot to accept. 

I can’t help but think that all those years I didn’t want children (as in age 15-37) have been wasted and this is my punishment.  I know I’m not the only one having fertility issues, but no one in my family really has fertility problems, so there’s no one to talk to. And to add insult to injury, my niece and two other much younger cousins are pregnant, unplanned of course, and three babies have already been born this year. Then my mom and sister think I’m just jealous of everyone else having babies when I really am happy for them, but I don’t necessarily want to go baby shopping with them right now.  Not sure why that’s so hard to understand, but my mom and sister had teenagers and grown children by this age, and never a day of female complications so they don’t get it. It makes them come off as inconsiderate though. 

I’m sorry that was so long and whiny, and I hate to throw a pity party, but I’m frustrated, sad, and I feel like society has scowled at me for not wanting kids for so long, and then when I try to have a family, every door keeps closing in my face.  I realize that I still have decent health, a home and a job and I should not complain, but I am feeling real defeated.  

Infertility is tough for everyone, sorry your family isn't more supportive.  The reason the foster care system doesn't want your application unless you are willing to take older kids is that they already have more than enough people who want babies.  A lot of people hope to get a baby as a foster-to-adopt and I think a lot of potential foster parents don't want to have to deal with all of the issues that come with older children who've been neglected and/or abused.  So, even if they took your application for a young child, they wouldn't be able to match you with one anyway.

My sister and her husband did foster care for a while in Indiana.  She mainly had school age kids and, because they had a fairly large house, she often got family groups.  She once got a family group with 2 school age kids and a baby about a year and a half.  She actually found the older kids easier, maybe because she'd never had any kids and she found the 24/7 needs of a toddler, not to mention the difficulties in communication and needing to be chasing a little one all over the place to be a lot tougher for her.  The county gave her vouchers for the baby to go to day care for 2 half days a week and she initially thought she'd never use them.  After a couple weeks, she was glad to have some baby-free time to run errands and clean the house.

• Love 16

I love the show Kath and Kim, and I was just reading an article that had a woman comment how she always wanted a little boy named Fox. Then, she married and got pregnant with a man whose last name is Cox. They decided against Fox Cox. I hope that was not a long conversation, or goodness forbid, argument to veto that choice. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, awaken said:

So fascinating to relive it all!  I was here for GEML and remember her informative, authoritative posts!

What was the thread name changed to?  

I believe it was "Maisie News Network." Maisie was what WW said she named the baby. It was a very brief change, IIRC. She was exposed soon after.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I was here for GEML and remember her informative, authoritative posts!

Authoritative sounding for sure.  I enjoyed poking at her when she was all blasting about things she didn't really know about.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Authoritative sounding for sure.  I enjoyed poking at her when she was all blasting about things she didn't really know about.  

LOL - you quoted me on that but I didn't say it! @awaken said it! I just answered a question she had!

• Love 2

Thanks again everyone for the support.  I think I’m also having trouble wrapped my head around bonding with an older child should it be along-term placement or foster to adopt situation.  I decided the best thing was to take a step back and really decide whether I was  ready to let go of the notion of a baby or very young child when I picture my family.   My fertility may be expiring sooner rather than later, but I have plenty of time to foster later. 

• Love 17

And, you can 🙂 There are positives and negatives, but you get to decide what is actually positive to YOU and what you are up for in the long run. 

I am thinking (personally, I’m praying too) for all the foster care kids right now. No school, not able to visit friends or make as many new ones because of the virus. All the upticks the news reported in abuse. Our world is full of pain. 

I’m glad to have found this forum and you all. We don’t always agree, but I think the vast majority are sensitive, kind people. 

• Love 15

I'm so sorry for your loss @Ijustwantsomechips. Losing an uncle or aunt can be hard. I'm also sorry your uncle suffered so much. 

On a happier note, I know a few people who adopted out of foster care. One checked the older children box, but her four adopted kids were all younger and several were babies. (The oldest was about 3 or 4 when they got her.) I know two families where the adopted family were given babies (eventually), because they started with slightly older children and they were able baby siblings. 

• Love 8

I too remember Wanderwoman and GEML who was quite annoying. She gave enough info so I found her on amazon books and also her Facebook. I can’t remember her real name now. 

So sorry @Scarlett45. My sick son has the kidney cancer in his liver. The kidney is not giving him much misery but the liver is. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Thanks again everyone for the support.  I think I’m also having trouble wrapped my head around bonding with an older child should it be along-term placement or foster to adopt situation.  I decided the best thing was to take a step back and really decide whether I was  ready to let go of the notion of a baby or very young child when I picture my family.   My fertility may be expiring sooner rather than later, but I have plenty of time to foster later. 

This is your life and you have a right to draw a picture that fulfills you.

Also more maturity and stability may motivate you to care for older children in the future- 37 is still young as far as a typical female life span. 

• Love 10

This will crack you up- two days ago I put on this shirt, and I thought “this shirt looks kinda bad on me- I’m getting second semester maternity wear vibes and it’s too big, but oh well, where am I going? NO WHERE.”

Today my mom sees me as I’m dressed to go socialize with two friends and says “you look like yourself! The other day you looked pregnant! I didn’t think you could’ve gained that much weight in a few days, but I didn’t want to say anything.”😹😹

I feel affirmed that the shirt looks bad. That tunic, blousy look only favors women with straight hips and thin thighs. As a replica of a fertility statue I just lost my waist line and bust and looked like a blob. 

• LOL 24
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I too remember Wanderwoman and GEML who was quite annoying. She gave enough info so I found her on amazon books and also her Facebook. I can’t remember her real name now. 

So sorry @Scarlett45. My sick son has the kidney cancer in his liver. The kidney is not giving him much misery but the liver is. 

I too looked up GEML's book. Her name was Gretchen something. The book was about a 13 year old girl training to be a midwife in early 20th century West Virginia. 

Thinking of all of you going through struggles or have loved ones who are ill. ❤️

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
24 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

This will crack you up- two days ago I put on this shirt, and I thought “this shirt looks kinda bad on me- I’m getting second semester maternity wear vibes and it’s too big, but oh well, where am I going? NO WHERE.”

Today my mom sees me as I’m dressed to go socialize with two friends and says “you look like yourself! The other day you looked pregnant! I didn’t think you could’ve gained that much weight in a few days, but I didn’t want to say anything.”😹😹

I feel affirmed that the shirt looks bad. That tunic, blousy look only favors women with straight hips and thin thighs. As a replica of a fertility statue I just lost my waist line and bust and looked like a blob. 

OMG this is me too.

• LOL 8
46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I too looked up GEML's book. Her name was Gretchen something. The book was about a 13 year old girl training to be a midwife in early 20th century West Virginia. 

Thinking of all of you going through struggles or have loved ones who are ill. ❤️

I read her book, and it was pretty good.  Interesting story, and well written.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I looked it up and it did not seem to be something I would like. Would you mind giving me the title?

16 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I looked it up and it did not seem to be something I would like. Would you mind giving me the title?

The Midwife's Tale by Gretchen Moran Lakas

I just checked her website.  She has a new book The Miner's Daughter.

• Useful 7