Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

OK, What am I doing wrong?  Until yesterday, I could find boards for other shows by clicking in "forums" at the very top right corner, and an alphabetical list of all the show forums would appear.  I could move down the page and find the board for the program I wanted.  As of yesterday, only a couple of topics appear, and there is no alphabetical option to find shows.  Is there somewhere else I am supposed to look to find other shows?  I know that there is the "on air" list where the shows show up in different colors, but the page I'm missing had the shows listed in red.  I could find comments from past seasons, and even shows that are no longer on air.  Does anyone know what happened to the forum list?

I don’t know f this will paste correctly, or if it’s what happened to you:

NEW FORUMS ADDED IN PAST 14 DAYS

INFO  

SHOWS 

To the right of SHOWS there should be an arrow, click it.

Some how one day I clicked it (big fingers on a phone?)and it hid the list.

I played around a little bit, and what I am looking for is the "forum master list".  Why it no longer appears when I click the "forum" button is a mystery to me, and I need to find an easy way to find it now.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Since I'm still doing quite a bit of recliner time after my knee surgery, I like to check on some other shows.  I don't like it when "they" make it more difficult to navigate!!

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t know f this will paste correctly, or if it’s what happened to you:

NEW FORUMS ADDED IN PAST 14 DAYS

INFO  

SHOWS 

To the right of SHOWS there should be an arrow, click it.

Some how one day I clicked it (big fingers on a phone?)and it hid the list.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I appreciate your help.  When I click on the arrow you mentioned, I still just get the "new shows' list.  The entire "directory" does not come up.  I'll keep trying.....

First go to your home page.  Try going up to the top of your page and click on Customize Forums. All the shows should show in alphabetical order and you can add anything. You might have a glitch. They have a Bugs forum that has helped me fix things in the past. I have the technological skills of a goldfish (TM: A fellow poster). Good luck. 

10 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@CalicoKitty, check the little lightbulbs on the upper right side of the homepage. Make sure you've clicked the one on the far right. That will exhibit all of your shows.

I don't have any shows that show up.  The master list has just disappeared.  I think I'll restart my computer and log in again to see what happens. @Mindthikr, I already checked the homepage.  Thanks for the suggestion.

9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

First go to your home page.  Try going up to the top of your page and click on Customize Forums. All the shows should show in alphabetical order and you can add anything. You might have a glitch. They have a Bugs forum that has helped me fix things in the past. I have the technological skills of a goldfish (TM: A fellow poster). Good luck. 

Now I can't get any show lists at all--my screen just does a quick flash to the one I want, and then goes to the sign on page.  I don't know what to do next.  Very frustrating.

• Love 1

I tried to make a new account, but the list of shows does the same thing; it just does a quick flash, and then flips to the log on page.  I'm going to hope that this is just a bug that will be fixed soon.  I've turned the computer off, tried to sign in again, and registed a new account.  I'm out of ideas.  I have this forum bookmarked on my desktop, but I now cannot follow any other show.

• Love 1

I think the forum page only shows the shows you've signed up to see. You can click "peek all shows" at the top and then toggle the "forum" button on the right to see all the forums again.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Nope.  When I click on Peek all Forums all I get is the new shows in the last 14 days.  It will not show me anything else.  I've tried all the arrows, too.  Nothing else shows.

This sounds frustrating. 

Under Peek all Forums I have a Site Business and under it is the name Bugs. That’s where I find people who can help me. What about sending a PM to one of the Moderators or send a message to them via @ and then their name. 

The first thing you will be told is to log out. Clear your cache. Log back in. On the homepage, forums.previously.tv, make sure that the light bulb that says both is clicked and should be black. Check to make sure there are no extensions from your browser that are causing a problem. (A Grammarly extension was the culprit once)

The lightbulb thing is pretty (very) important, and the one all the way on the right must be clicked, even if you had done it before.  In the image below, the boxes above the forum lists on left are Edit Show Subscriptions and Peek All Shows. All the way to the right are three On Air Off Air and Both. Click both. It should look like below. If you do submit a Bug, you'll need to add your browser info. 

image.thumb.png.47eff8c9580464c95f42f9990d80b376.png

• Love 3

I have "both" selected and it is black.  When I click on Peek Shows, the correct screen shows for a split second, and then it goes to the new shows in the past 14 days.  I have shut the computer down and restarted.  I opened a second account, and the exact thing happens.  This just started last night.  It seems to want to act correctly for a split second, but then it goes back to the same screen.  I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

• Love 1

I went under Bugs-My Home Pages are Missing (or something like that...old lady memory working here) and asked for some help for @CalicoKitty. Would some of y’all go over there and see if I posted on the correct Bugs thread or give me a like to help draw more attention to CK’s problem. Thanks 

It seems to be working in Firefox, too.  For some reason it appears that it doesn't like my Opera browser.  I've never had any trouble before.  Thank you everyone for your help.  I really appreciate it.

• Love 3
On 5/9/2018 at 4:15 PM, CalicoKitty said:

It seems to be working in Firefox, too.  For some reason it appears that it doesn't like my Opera browser.  I've never had any trouble before.  Thank you everyone for your help.  I really appreciate it.

Tonight everything is back to "normal" on Opera.  I really have no idea what is going on, but I'm not going to argue.  Maybe it was a strange bug yesterday.  I thank everyone who responded last night for your concern and suggestions.

• Love 2

I read over on the Jill and Dreck thread a bunch of posts about tater tot casserole and it seems some of you have made this concoction so I'm seeking a little help. I'm making it tonight as a pseudo-joke meal and am wondering about the state of the tots before baking. Are these things supposed to be thawed before baking? Do you really put them on the bottom? How soggy is that going to make them with a full can of salty soup on top? I'm getting nervous because, other than calling for a pizza, I have no back up plan!

19 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I read over on the Jill and Dreck thread a bunch of posts about tater tot casserole and it seems some of you have made this concoction so I'm seeking a little help. I'm making it tonight as a pseudo-joke meal and am wondering about the state of the tots before baking. Are these things supposed to be thawed before baking? Do you really put them on the bottom? How soggy is that going to make them with a full can of salty soup on top? I'm getting nervous because, other than calling for a pizza, I have no back up plan!

I didn't thaw mine. I poured the soup mixture over the ground meat and veggies, then I arranged the tots on top. If you're planning on making Jill's version and it's got you nervous, go to AllRecipes.com. There's a whole gang of recipes for TTC and its' variations. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, awaken said:

Report back!   I may try and make it this week too! 

Well, I made it. Yes, it was pretty good and took almost zero effort on my part beyond browning some ground turkey (I added smoked paprika to give it some flavor) and opening the bags of cheese, tots, frozen peas, and cans of soup and condensed milk. I only scooped about 1/4 cup of it for myself as the calorie count was something like ~710 calories per serving! 

I culled a bunch of recipes together:

1 2-lb bag of tots
2 bags of shredded sharp white cheese
1 small bag of frozen peas
1 lb ground turkey, cooked in 1T olive oil and seasoned with smoked paprika
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 can condensed milk

I put the turkey at the bottom of the pan, spread the peas on top, covered the peas with 1 bag of cheese, put the tots on top of that, combined the soups and the condensed milk together (added a couple plops of sour cream) and poured that hot mess over the tots. Threw the other bag of cheese on top. Then, I melted 1/2 C butter and poured it over 3 cups corn flakes and spread that travesty on the top. I baked for one hour -- but it should have been for 1 hour and 15 minutes - at 350.

Was it good, simple, and quick? Yes to all three, but I was still grossed out eating it -- so much processed food in one dish!

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Was it good, simple, and quick? Yes to all three, but I was still grossed out eating it -- so much processed food in one dish!

I like Heart Attack Casseroles every once in a while, but like you, I can't imagine eating them every night. The Duggar kids are lucky they're dividing those things by so many people otherwise they'd have every obesity-related illness known to man.

If you really want to clog your arteries, maybe try Anna's Chicken-etti for your next go around.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

I can tell I'm an adult because on one hand I read about tater tot casserole and think "yum, carbs and salt and fat, probably tastes really good" but then my next thought is "but I'd eat it and then my body would feel like crap". 

In the end it makes me want to eat a bunch of baked broccoli and grilled salmon.

• Love 12

random question: anyone have the address for the duggar home? i am planning a road trip with my grandboys this summer and just realized we will be going right through springdale. if you do have it, can you pm me? just thought i could be our 'eyes' for a brief time while in duggar town. 

• Love 1

Had blood tests this morning. Good news is everything looks good. My vitamin D levels look good. Bad news is my overall cholesterol and bad cholesterol is still a little high, but my good cholesterol levels are good, so no need for a medication.

(edited)
On 5/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, BitterApple said:

I like Heart Attack Casseroles every once in a while, but like you, I can't imagine eating them every night. The Duggar kids are lucky they're dividing those things by so many people otherwise they'd have every obesity-related illness known to man.

If you really want to clog your arteries, maybe try Anna's Chicken-etti for your next go around.

I looked that up and ugh! I would never cook that or even eat that! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 1

Still waiting to hear my thyroid levels results. Also found out hypothyroidism can cause oral mouth problems like periodontal disease and cavities. So of us lucky posters with thyroid need to see a dentist also to keep an eye on things. I was told once I get my periodontal disease under better control it will help my thyroid levels. There is not cure for it, but we can work at getting it until control. My last cleaning my dental hygienist said things were looking better, and I have been following her orders about what I need to do at home. Oh the joy of it all!!!

3 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I'm suffering so badly from hot flashes. I'm literally sick from this. 

@bigskygirl, we are falling apart.  I guess this mission trip is on hold?  

@Marigold I guess we are not praying and reading the bible enough because the devil has taken over our minds and bodies. I guess our mission trip to Las Vegas is on hold. Darn it! I was hoping to save the heathens from gambling and picking up hookers.

(edited)

The doctor office just called. My thyroid levels are off again, so another med  dosage change, and another blood test in eight weeks. And the saga continues. *lol*

Edited by bigskygirl
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

@Marigold I guess we are not praying and reading the bible enough because the devil has taken over our minds and bodies. I guess our mission trip to Las Vegas is on hold. Darn it! I was hoping to save the heathens from gambling and picking up hookers.

Let's make our lives easier, precious wife.

We will TWEET the heathens and hookers! 

If it's good enough for Derick...

Back to reality...sorry to hear about the thyroid levels. Yet another issue. 

• Love 7

@Barb23 I’m happy to add you to my list. I’m also hoping that after getting this removed you will be able to get out and actually enjoy some retirement time with Mr Barb. Wonderful that he will be able to be there with you and help. 

Good to hear that all of your pre-testing showed positive results and that your Dr was so thorough and kind. Now if he’s a genius in the OR then you’ll have hit a home run. Best wishes with all of this and I’m always just a post or PM away. 

(I didn’t mean to snicker at your calling it a hairball but I’m a cat person and couldn’t help it. My apologies.)

@MyPeopleAreNordic This has sure been a worrisome time waiting to hear from you. 

@bigskygirl Glad you’re getting your thyroid issues under control. Picky gland as well as finicky. 

@Marigold I’m remembering them and am not jealous. Those power surges blow, but I’d take a third of yours so you don’t feel sick. 

• Love 5

Thank you all for your prayers & words of encouragement.  I know I can count on my cyber friends.

@Mindthinkr- I laugh too when I call it my hairball.  Brings a little humor to a serious matter & makes me smile. 

I'm hoping things are going well for @MyPeopleAreNordic

Sending good wishes & prayers to all who have reported in lately. 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

@Barb23 - sending many positive and healing vibes your way!  

Ditto from me. I'm jumping on @lookeyloo 's comment  because I'm agnostic and I always feel like a hypocrite if I say I'll pray for someone, so I never know what to say.

That goes for everyone else here who mentioned having health issues. I'm  sending positive vibes your way.

I was just thinking about @Arwen Evenstar and @MyPeopleAreNordic and would love to hear how they're doing.

I'll take some positive thoughts for myself this coming Monday while I'm at it, if you don't mind, since I'm getting my other knee replaced.

I'm happy I'm doing it since the first turned out so well, but it is surgery, so I'm a little nervous.

(getting older is not for sissies)?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 13