Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

We are having some Spring like weather today. It is suppose to rain tomorrow evening. I just hope it does not turn into black ice or cause some flooding issues. The snow is almost gone. According to the weather channel website, Montana is suppose to have cooler than normal temperatures and more moisture April to June.

3 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

We got slammed with snow here.  There was a good 8” on my car this morning and at least 12” on my driveway when I got home from work. Heavy, wet snow. Barely shovelable. Hope everyone is OK. 

Starting waaaay later than it was supposed to here...Was supposed to be heavy snow since about noon, tapering off into the wee hours, but it's after idnight and barely a inch of new snow so far. Will see what it looks like in the morning. Daughter & son-in-law here for the night She had another Dr appointment this morning, and no dilation 2 days after due date. They are looking at scheduling an induction on Monday if no progress by then as the hospital only schedules 3 of those per day so getting a spot is good even if it doesn't end up getting used. Wil see how all that goes as well. In other news, getting estimates for a new roof/chimney flue repairs and replacing/revamping the wood stove....

• Love 4

I’m pretty sure it’s in the Bible (or the Constitution, I’m not sure) about Groundhog Day being a sure bet.  And Punxsutawney Phil said it right with 6 more weeks - but I think maybe he meant “at LEAST” six more weeks.  The water was frozen in the outside water bowl here this morning, about 30 miles south of Atlanta.  Now I know you northerners just rolled your eyes and said “pssssht”.  I don’t blame you.  But it’s been chilly and WINDY (sooooo windy!) for about 2 weeks and this is NOT NORMAL.  My old southern bones are screaming “go AWAY already with the cold!!!”  I saw a guy standing in snow yesterday reporting from Philly, talking about the season opener in a couple weeks...  pisses me off a little every time I hear the heater kick on.  Cold is just not my happy place.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

I’m pretty sure it’s in the Bible (or the Constitution, I’m not sure) about Groundhog Day being a sure bet.  And Punxsutawney Phil said it right with 6 more weeks - but I think maybe he meant “at LEAST” six more weeks.  The water was frozen in the outside water bowl here this morning, about 30 miles south of Atlanta.  Now I know you northerners just rolled your eyes and said “pssssht”.  I don’t blame you.  But it’s been chilly and WINDY (sooooo windy!) for about 2 weeks and this is NOT NORMAL.  My old southern bones are screaming “go AWAY already with the cold!!!”  I saw a guy standing in snow yesterday reporting from Philly, talking about the season opener in a couple weeks...  pisses me off a little every time I hear the heater kick on.  Cold is just not my happy place.

I'm with you Happy.  It's the wind that gets me.  I had to get gas yesterday and I had a hat, coat, and gloves on.  Not for me.

• Love 1

the rain finally arrived here in my neck of the woods. we had been predicted to have the worst rainstorm of the whole season....it has been northwest of us for a couple days but WE are just today seeing it. did i mention i love rainy days?  well, except when i have to go out for errands and appointments - otherwise i could enjoy sitting in my house listening to it for days.

• Love 1

Heavy rain and BIG winds here for past 2 1/2 days - this afternoon still wind but no rain and the sun came out - I did like 8 errands in 3 hours.  Rain hitting again tonight.  Flash flood warnings and luckily no mudslides near us but man I've been walking and sliding through muck in the chicken yard of one of my petsitting clients.

• Love 1

@DragonFaerie, sounds like SoCal. I'm in NoCal, and today was the first time I've seen the sun seemingly since the beginning of the month. I even got rained on this morning. Looks like we get a break tomorrow, but it's gonna be cold (for us....highs mid 50's). That's winter weather here. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@DragonFaerie, sounds like SoCal. I'm in NoCal, and today was the first time I've seen the sun seemingly since the beginning of the month. I even got rained on this morning. Looks like we get a break tomorrow, but it's gonna be cold (for us....highs mid 50's). That's winter weather here. 

NoCal actually @SewSumi.  I'm hoping the rain stops long enough to let the ground dry enough I can mow and till up the veggie garden.  LOL

• Love 1

Almost all the snow has melted here now, and seeing bits of sun here and there. Doesn't look as though there are any more snowstorms on the horizon, so maybe this is it. Yesterday was some of my favorite sort of weather - up into the low 50's, breezy, and a bit sunny, but still down to around 30 at night so could sleep with the windows open and a nice heavy comforter. Yeah, I'm a cold weather person. My kids want to say that since I like the heavy comforter that must mean I actually like to be warm. No, I like to be cold enough that I can use the heavy comforter without getting overheated. 

Still no sign of baby Tonnix...daughter and I went walking for a couple of hours yesterday in a attempt to dislodge it, but it appears to be very comfortable right where it is. She's scheduled for induction Tuesday if nothing by then.

• Love 11
On 3/22/2018 at 11:21 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Bay Area - East side here

South Bay here. We did the March for Our Lives in San Jose this morning and it was rainy and cold but well-attended.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

South Bay here. We did the March for Our Lives in San Jose this morning and it was rainy and cold but well-attended.

just watching the news reports on this...

• Love 1

I got to stop looking at the local animal humane society shelter page because they have a bunch of cats from the age of three months to one year old. They are so cute, and I want to fill out an application to get one. There are a few cats closer to Sassy's age also. We do want to get a kitten or cat at the shelter, but we cannot afford it right now. I know Sassy probably would love to have another cat to spend time with and play with. Of course, another cat could never replace Tia.

36 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

29573162_10156097331327778_3871318792368771561_n.jpg.b6e07ac7755a1a830a4c1e0d2976b691.jpg

Daughter is exhausted. I asked her how she felt, and she said, "pretty terrible, actually". I'll be going up to see her late morning after picking Mr Jyn up from the airport. Nice that the birth coincided so closely with his Easter visit! Tried to call him with the news, but he's probably in the plane right now.

Now there is a very cute baby!! Glad to know all is well!! 

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

29573162_10156097331327778_3871318792368771561_n.jpg.b6e07ac7755a1a830a4c1e0d2976b691.jpg

Daughter is exhausted. I asked her how she felt, and she said, "pretty terrible, actually". I'll be going up to see her late morning after picking Mr Jyn up from the airport. Nice that the birth coincided so closely with his Easter visit! Tried to call him with the news, but he's probably in the plane right now.

Adorable! Congratulations!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So cute. What's her name?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Congrats! She's adorable!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Congrats to the whole family! What a beauty! Must take after her mom and grandma.

Haha! Well, her mom is certainly lovely, but I think she looks a bit more like her dad so far. We just went to visit them in the hospital, and she's even more gorgeous in person...definitely has none of that red sort of newborn look about her, and very alert. Her dad is not bad looking either, though...I think he looks a bit like Shia Labeouf, especially around the eyes. Thankfully he is much more stable than that, though!

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Baby Tonnix has landed! Girl, 7.6 lb, 20" after a marathon 36 hour labor! 

Pretty petite for being nine days late!

So happy for you and all of the family. She is just beautiful!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Great news @Jynnan tonnix.  She's beautiful & what pretty eyes she has. Love her name too. Congratulations to you all !!

Thank you...she does have amazing eyes. She seems so alert already, it's as though you can just see all the little gears turning behind her eyes as she takes in the world. My older son was like that. Actually, it got to be rather annoying, as he would never be happy unless he was being carried around from room to room. He got quite bored if his surroundings were not constantly changing. I wonder if she will be like that. He is incredibly bright, still. Well, all my kids are, but he's still the one who thrives on stimulation. They all take after their dad in their ability to size things up at a glance. I may not be stupid, exactly, but it does typically take me a little longer to grasp things than it does them. 

• Love 6

I can't say enough how thankful I am for this forum and all my cyber friends.  Some days I just need to take my mind off my (health) problems & all your posts do the trick.  Plus I feel I've learned many new things along the way. I was showing Baby Tonnix's picture to my sister. She asked if she was a new Duggar, lol, & I told her "oh no, she's the new granddaughter of one of the posters." BTW, she thought she was beautiful too. 

• Love 10

I was thinking a lot about  her over the past few days...hope things are going OK, or at least as positively as they can. I'm sure it's all really difficult even in the best of circumstances, but wishing all the best for her in any case.

• Love 11

Happy Easter! I had a lovely week in Mexico with my daughter and friends, returning home this past Wednesday. The weather, food, beach, booze and company were awesome. So good to get the chance to decompress and soak up vitamin D. I read three good books and one trashy book and caught a barracuda.      My work email "only" contained 489 new items.  It snowed four inches here Friday night. Ugh.  

Wishing you and yours a day of friends, family and faith (if that's your jam ?).

• Love 12