Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Add me to the list hoping Arwin is doing well, and that she knows that she is in our thoughts every day.

Yes. Have been wondering about her!

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I hope she is doing well to along with one poster's son who is sick also (sorry I cannot remember her username.)

I think it's Rabbitron.  Her son had brain surgery, if I recall.  Hope he's doing well also.

• Love 3

Mother Nature is playing fast and loose with our weather. Woke up to more snow and then the wind pick up causing blizzard like conditions. I canceled my dentist appointment Thursday morning due to more snow coming in. I had to do the same thing in December due to snow and bad road conditions.

I am still waiting for my new glasses to get here. It seems the lenses keep breaking when they put the glasses together, but I am not the only one this is happening to. My poor eyes are not enjoying the weather at all.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Mother Nature is playing fast and loose with our weather. Woke up to more snow and then the wind pick up causing blizzard like conditions. I canceled my dentist appointment Thursday morning due to more snow coming in. I had to do the same thing in December due to snow and bad road conditions.

I am still waiting for my new glasses to get here. It seems the lenses keep breaking when they put the glasses together, but I am not the only one this is happening to. My poor eyes are not enjoying the weather at all.

Snow here (CT) this morning as well...had to take Mr. Jyn to the airport this morning. I was surprised the flight was not delayed as visibility driving up there was horrible. Luckily he drove on the way up as he is better in snow than I am, and it was starting to taper off on the way back. We have about 3" on the ground now, and melting fast. Should be in the mid 40's by later afternoon. Crazy!

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I saw that the Yankees home opener was snowed out and thought of y'all in the Northeast. 

We have a big soaker coming in later this week that will certainly move cross-country and cause another Nor'easter early next week. Sorry. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

@Jynnan tonnix  Congratulations.  She is beautiful, truly beautiful!  Love the eyes and I swear she looks like you and I barely know what you look like!

I have been very busy with work and haven't been on the boards (I'm in Derick withdrawal).  I came here first hoping for an update from Arwen.  (big sigh)

• Love 4
(edited)

Congrats on the new addition, Jynnan.  She's an absolute doll! I hope your daughter's recovery is going well!

I'm with everyone praying that Arwen's treatments are going smoothly.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Thanks...if you guys will forgive me one (ok, maybe two) last pics, I just had to share these. She actually seems to look the most like her dad so far, but we keep seeing snippets of everyone else. Guess time will tell. 

And, yeah, we are all just waiting for updates from Arwen...it's not the same without her around, and I hope every day that  we'll hear something good soon!

30123921_10156108400057778_894666528855727149_n.thumb.jpg.a5a6f258cb69af8e76ccea6cbba1167d.jpg

29683405_10156108397852778_8991103080960677512_n.thumb.jpg.9360f7c90b5a1b17766e690d988c4da9.jpg

@Jynnan tonnix she is as cute as can be and does look like you!  Second pic it’s like the two of you are studying the same thing. So sweet. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I saw that the Yankees home opener was snowed out and thought of y'all in the Northeast. 

We have a big soaker coming in later this week that will certainly move cross-country and cause another Nor'easter early next week. Sorry. ?

You can keep the nasty weather on your side of the States please.

@Jynnan tonnix, beautiful pictures. She's a doll. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Catching up on old episodes of a few shows.  Is it so wrong to let Jessa have her "wonderful" hair cutting skills on Kody Brown from Sister Wives - I mean seriously that's some bad hair.

Every time I catch Sister Wives I find myself wondering if he owns a brush.  I don't know what's worse -- his windswept look or his man bun, which the wives seem to love.  They could definitely use his hair on the cosmetology license test.

• Love 7
(edited)

Whoa Dorothy, we are not in Kansas anymore. First I start at 19 Kids and it was deserted, then I make my way to Counting On, then I click on Small Talk and end up about 9 months ago in 2017. Actually almost exactly 9 months ago because @Jynnan tonnix's post is what clued me in - she was announcing her daughter's pregnancy. Yikes, I'm tired. What a confusing and exhausting 5 minute journey.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 14
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa Dorothy, we are not in Kansas anymore. First I start at 19 Kids and it was deserted, then I make my way to Counting On, then I click on Small Talk and end up about 9 months ago in 2017. Actually almost exactly 9 months ago because @Jynnan tonnix's post is what clued me in - she was announcing her daughter;s pregnancy. Yikes, I'm tired. What a confusing and exhausting 5 minute journey.

The update sent me into the WayBack machine, too. Had to find my place again in all the threads.

• Love 10
On 4/3/2018 at 12:44 PM, jcbrown said:

The update sent me into the WayBack machine, too. Had to find my place again in all the threads.

It's odd.  First I had to find my place again on all the threads.  Now, I am sent to the correct place on some threads, and about 3 or 4 pages back in time on others.  These does not seem to be any rhyme or reason.  Am I doing something wrong?

• Love 3

What worked for me was to get caught up on all the threads, then mark the entire forum read.  It's been fine for me since then.  That will mark all of PTV read so be sure you're ready for that.

We spent a few days in a beach cabin over Easter. Each cabin is named and has it's own theme.  Ours was the Native American cabin and had nice pictures and artifact replicas. There was a large, framed picture of a quiver in the living room.  My bedroom had two quivers as wall art.

I took photos but I have no idea how to put them here!

• Love 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one being sent hither & yon on the threads. I ended up rereading several months of Joe & Kendra from 2017, thinking I was in the Josiah & Lauren thread. I'll go and mark them all as read and see if that helps.

• Love 2

The hubby and I have decided Sassy will be the only pet. We do not think Sassy would be able to handle another four legged furry family member. Once she passes away (hopefully not for a very long time,) we probably will adopt one or two kittens around the same age. I believe Jesus has sent us a message about being responsible pet owners, and not bring in another pet at this time. We can always donate to the animal shelter and other organizations around the county who help out pets and their owners.

Spring? No way. I just drove home to MA from FL ... 600 miles the first day, 700 miles the second day ... to beat the snowstorm that was forecast for the next day. Now I'm here and I wonder why I didn't wait until June!

• Love 1
(edited)

Supposed to be 87 degrees here in southern Calif. tomorrow. I am not ready for summer weather yet. Or ever. Wish we could just take an average between you snowbound folks and our weather here.

Edited by Love2dance
Punctuation
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

Supposed to be 87 degrees here in southern Calif. tomorrow. I am not ready for summer weather yet. Or ever. Wish we could just take an average between you snowbound folks and our weather here.

*raises hand* It's supposed to be in the low 70's here tomorrow. Absolutely perfect. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Off to the hospital tomorrow at 5AM  for knee re-replacement surgery.  Walker, cane and pain pills are at the ready.  Fun times.

Good luck! At least the pain pills are available.

Went to the dentist for a periodontal cleaning. No bleeding, no inflammation. Looking better, and the hygienist told me I am doing a good job with my brushing, flossing and using the mouth wash the hygienist wants me to use.

(edited)
19 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Right? Make it stop! Hawaiian Tropic SPF 50 has become my official signature fragrance - and not by choice! 

San Diego County here (seven miles from the beach & it’s still too damn warm), but what I’ve discovered during the last several years is that many people don’t know that so many of us in SoCal don’t have AC in our homes because we never needed it before. (Not sure if you have AC or not.)

I don’t have AC, but the estimates have all been the same: 10k to install. I don’t even know what to think or do.

I had a window AC unit installed in my room so I’d be able to sleep from April to November, AKA summer, but it leaks occasionally. I don’t have the option of fresh air/open windows because of the unit installation. Total Catch-22 position.

Remember when we’d only have two weeks of a summer heatwave and it would suck, but we somehow survived? Now it’s still freakin hot (mid-80s) in November! 

It’s so wrong on so many levels.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Bridget said:

San Diego County here (seven miles from the beach & it’s still too damn warm), but what I’ve discovered during the last several years is that many people don’t know that so many of us in SoCal don’t have AC in our homes because we never needed it before. (Not sure if you have AC or not.)

More San Diego county here.  My neighbors had the AC removed from their house a few years ago.  Last summer they began regretting it.  I was so spoiled to just the two weeks or so of needing cooling. 

• Love 1

38 degrees here in PA, and it’s snowing. Our school district has used up all possible snow make up days, and added 2 days to the school year. I feel bad for the seniors who were supposed to graduate on a Friday. Now it’s on a Tuesday. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

My phone says that it's an absolutely perfect 76 degrees outside.  Lunchtime outdoors was glorious. We don't do humidity up here in NoCal.

Currently 83 degrees on the coast with 28% humidity.

We don’t usually have a lot of humidity here either, but it’s been rearing its head more and more in recent years, and I can really feel it on days when it’s warm. My thick, curly hair really feels the humidity and serves as way too much visual proof for my preference! 

I have lived in Boston before and travel frequently around the country, so I do appreciate that we don’t have the humidity of other places in the country...then again, everywhere else has AC in their homes, so it’s a win-win! ?

• Love 1

Friday evening we ran the wood stove and I tended it until around 330 am Saturday morning. 

Today, Monday it's 77 and sunny.  I have all the doors and windows open.

Wednesday's high is in the 50's.  

Are the weather Gods just spinning a wheel to see what the day will be?  LOL

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@DragonFaerie, are we neighbors? We're supposed to have a significant cooldown going forward this week, possibly a smattering of rain (the Weather Channel and local forecasts are split on that).

Possibly.  East Bay of SF.  Between Crockett and Richmond.

My family never had AC back home in Western North Carolina. We were in for a rude awakening when we moved to Arkansas when I was a kid due to the summer temperatures and the humidity. And we're not even in the Delta part of the state, where it's a lot worse! I have a new coworker who relocated from the East Coast and was under the impression Arkansas was a "dry heat." Not sure where he got that idea, but I'm sure he will be disabused of that notion come July and August. 

• Love 1