Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Pink Cupcakes

• Start Topic

My favorite LOL moment was Dandy's repeated attempts to get that corpse to stay DOWN! and his cry of "now you're making me feel bad!"

God, that was so hilarious...ahem, in a horrible gruesome way of course.

This is my favorite season so far, but then I'm always into carnival themed things. I think carnivals are creepy enough in and of themselves.

• Love 9
Maybe Dandy will hook up with him at that local gay bar (I am sure THAT was a popular place with the locals in 1950s rural Florida!)

The hot nearly-naked men we saw in brief montage flashes of that place struck me as very anachronistic. You'd see that in gay clubs from the 70s onward, but I'm thinking that a place in a 1950s backwater would need to be able to look respectable very quickly in case the cops came knocking.

• Love 9

Probably in the minority here, but I think Gabourey is an awful actress. I was cringing all through her phone interaction with Frances Conroy. Not looking forward to seeing more of her this season.

Thank you!!!!  I think she was acclaimed for Precious because she was different (obese) and it was an "important" film . . . and ever since that, I've felt like people were just perpetuating the myth that she can act because they're embarrassed to admit that they were wrong.

• Love 24

Rubinia, if you are in the minority I am right there with you re: Gabourey.  I think she is terrible, just embarrassingly bad and hard to watch.  I have seen high school play actors recite their lines better.  She just kind of reads the dialogue and seems to show no facial expression.  Or when she does they're exaggerated to the point of looking silly.  They did her no favours putting her in a scene with an amazing actress like Frances Conroy.  IMO, Gabourey was terrible on Coven and so far just as bad this season.  People give Emma Roberts shit for not being a great actress (and I don't think she is) but no one seems to comment on Gabourey, who is so much worse.

And I agree with Portia - some people seem almost afraid to comment on her bad acting because maybe they think it will seem mean because she is not conventionally attractive / obese.    Other than her, though, I loved this episode.

Edited by ThatGreyCat
  • Love 14

As for the crowd booing Elsa and throwing things at her, that seemed completely off. The opening number is incredible. Even if they hated Elsa's singing, or the futuristic music, they should still have been amazed, because that number displays all their talent.

The quick shot of fake-Hollywood-agent made me think that he may have had a hand in that. If he bribed a few members of the audience, others would have joined in.

And didn't Breaking Bad teach us that you can't dissolve a body in acid in a bathtub? :)

No, just that you need to match the tub to the kind of acid you're using, unless you don't care about ruining the tub and anything around or under it.

I wish there was more to the title cupcakes than being a murder weapon and an obvious looks-can-be-deceiving metaphor.

• Love 4

This episode perked things up a bit for me, even though I still can't stand Elsa or her singing (love JL though). Dandy continues to be the best character although I could do without the sawing of a live human (and what a waste of a handsome specimen). Hope this was a one time thing and they are not going to play out a gay bashing angle with Dandy because we don't need another side story.

Bette and Dot are still boring and I wish they would find an interesting story for the freaks. Evan Peters was wasted last season and they need for him to do more than try to have sex with anything that moves. And I love Ma Pettit and also feel guilty in thinking she is so adorable because I know she is an adult. 

• Love 2

Maybe Dandy will hook up with him at that local gay bar (I am sure THAT was a popular place with the locals in 1950s rural Florida!) and do unspeakable things to him for me before he chops him into little bitty pieces.  :) 

Do we know that the gay bar was near the freak show grounds? I assumed it was in Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Thank you!!!!  I think she was acclaimed for Precious because she was different (obese) and it was an "important" film . . . and ever since that, I've felt like people were just perpetuating the myth that she can act because they're embarrassed to admit that they were wrong.

Oh, yeah--she's terrible.  She was cringe worthy in Coven and not much better in that scene last night.  I just hope that we won't be seeing too much of her.

• Love 9
Guest Accused Dingo

Pink cupcakes: that evil poisonous thing that ruins your beautiful wonderful dream. And we all have dreams until someone hands us a pink cupcake.....

Edited by Accused Dingo
  • Love 1

Oh, Dandy Dandy Dandy - you don't go and kill a prime piece of meat like Matt Bomer! Go kill someone less attractive. I wonder, is Matt Bomer this hard up for work? For that matter, is Michael Chiklis? Maybe their agents told them this was a "prestige" TV show or something.

Probably in the minority here, but I think Gabourey is an awful actress. I was cringing all through her phone interaction with Frances Conroy.

I suspect you are not in the minority, although to be fair, the dialogue did her no favors. As someone upthread pointed out, the exposition was clunky. It might have been better if she had just shown up at the house. There is no real point in explaining (to someone who probably already knows) that she's attending a school in another state, and Gloria's questioning of her own parenting skills is something that would have felt more realistic in person rather than over the phone.

• Love 3

Rubinia, if you are in the minority I am right there with you re: Gabourey.  I think she is terrible, just embarrassingly bad and hard to watch.  I have seen high school play actors recite their lines better.  She just kind of reads the dialogue and seems to show no facial expression.  Or when she does they're exaggerated to the point of looking silly.  They did her no favours putting her in a scene with an amazing actress like Frances Conroy.  IMO, Gabourey was terrible on Coven and so far just as bad this season.  People give Emma Roberts shit for not being a great actress (and I don't think she is) but no one seems to comment on Gabourey, who is so much worse.

And I agree with Portia - some people seem almost afraid to comment on her bad acting because maybe they think it will seem mean because she is not conventionally attractive / obese.    Other than her, though, I loved this episode.

I agree that she doesn't seem like a very good actress. Full disclosure: I haven't seen Precious.

It's too true that her weaknesses as an actress are put on full blast when she's sharing a scene with actresses like Conroy and Lange. 

For me in this episode it was like she was just trying to make sure she got out the right lines without also thinking about conveying any particular meaning or emotional expression being behind the dialogue. 

Fair enough though that there was some wooden dialogue especially that oddly specific line that was mentioned upthread about how she's going to the Barbizon Secretarial School or whatever it was.  

I'm also inclined to agree that there's a hesitancy to criticize Sidibe's weaknesses as an actress because of her appearance. I was hesitant to criticize her during the season of Coven since her character wasn't written particularly well but even taking that into consideration she just isn't very effective at expressing a range of emotions. I actually think her weaknesses as an actress have been most obvious in casual scenes where there isn't that much going on.

When I think about how much Frances Conroy was able to convey in that short telephone conversation vs. what Gabourney Sidibe was able to bring, I think Sidibe's lack of skill is pretty obvious. I also don't think it's because Conroy had the stronger piece of material. Sidibe's character is calling because she's concerned about her mother and she thinks that Gloria is being weird so she had enough character motivation to make her concerns about her mother more compelling than they came across with her flat delivery. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 10
Guest Accused Dingo

It may not be prestigious but it's a show that gets a lot of in-season buzz and attention in Emmy categories. If they were appearing on something like SVU, I'd assume they were just after an easy paycheck.

Ryan Murphy is good for repeat business not just on this show but on others as well. He has already used Bomer on A Normal Heart which means he likes him. If he likes Chiklis he may use him on another project.

• Love 5

Last nights episode was really good. I knew that Matt Bomer was dead the minute he showed up but I was still hoping against hope that he would survive. I want Del to get his ass handed to him after what he did to the doc. I like the emerging friendship between Ethel and Desiree. The Gabourey/Francis phone scene was odd and felt out of place. My only issue is with Stanleys scheme and the twins. I can see why Elsa would believe him because she's so desperate for fame and she will do anything to be in the spotlight. But I don't buy that Dot would fall for this guys plan she seems too smart and she always seems to think the least of everyone. I kind of don't buy that she would believe this guy for a second.

• Love 2
I wonder, is Matt Bomer this hard up for work?

Matt Bomer's husband, publicist Simon Halls, is Murphy's publicist, so Bomer and Murphy know each other socially.  They've worked together four times (guest appearances on Glee, The New Normal, American Horror Story:  Freak Show, and a supporting role in The Normal Heart).

• Love 5
The quick shot of fake-Hollywood-agent made me think that he may have had a hand in that. If he bribed a few members of the audience, others would have joined in.

You know I never thought of that--that's a good point!  He did have kind of a smirk on his face and it would be just the thing to push Elsa towards his false dreams of T.V.  I just figured the audience didn't like David Bowie (tee hee hee).  Seriously I figured they were their to see freaks perform fun stunts (like Pepper & Salty) but when they see Elsa come out, with that awful makeup and blue pant suit, and perform like that it just turned them off.  But still having Stanley pay a few people off to boo and the rest of the audience join in is a FAR cry from the love and comradery that we saw last week.  If you didn't like the act just clap politely and wait for the next act to come on.

I'm kinda surprise I haven't seen anyone talking about Desiree and her giant clitoris yet!  (tee hee hee) I adore Angela Basset and thought she was wonderful last season on AHS but IDK, this just seems like a weak character for her.  I know everyone can't be the star every week & maybe her story will pick up later but something as big a reveal as her sex identity and it just didn't seem like it was that big of a deal.  No let's focus on that doofus Dell! 

Gotta give it to the freaks, they sure got over having a ghost visit them pretty quickly.  I would still be flippin out and running from shadows but they are like enh yeah someone from the dead came to visit us and tried to take us with him, no biggie.

• Love 3

And I love Ma Pettit and also feel guilty in thinking she is so adorable because I know she is an adult. 

The way I see it, if Ma Petite wants me to stop squealing and calling her adorable, then she'll stop playing that tiny, tiny violin.  ;-)  

• Love 7

I feel the same way. I didn't get an incestuous vibe at all from either end. They just seemed like two lonely people. For a moment though I did cringe thinking that the scene was going to go all Monster's Ball on us.

Yes, yes, I was thinking the same thing! In particular, Bassett turned down that role in Monster's Ball and said she wasn't willing to play a whore and had a lot to say about it. And then in this show she literally plays a prostitute and then had some identical dialogue to that movie. Weird moment.

Probably in the minority here, but I think Gabourey is an awful actress. I was cringing all through her phone interaction with Frances Conroy. Not looking forward to seeing more of her this season.

She is god awful. In Precious they worked with her strengths and wrote around her a lot. It's not as easy to make a bad actor look good with the TV process of shooting and editing. I like her presence and keep waiting for her to get better or for someone to figure out how to write for her, but I've seen her in a dozen things and she's consistently terrible.

It's so glaring to me that in this show that's chock-full of Oscar and Emmy and Tony winners and nominees, we also have to see people like Roberts and Sidibe. Their lack of skill might be less obvious on another show but here it just hurts to see the contrast.

That business with the doctor was heartbreaking. I was so happy to see him again, wondering how his compassion might be extended to half the characters. Damn, Dell!

Adults can be cute, you guys! Quit feeling guilty about thinking Ma Petite is adorable! She is!

Edited by gesundheit
  • Love 7

It's so glaring to me that in this show that's chock-full of Oscar and Emmy and Tony winners and nominees, we also have to see people like Roberts and Sidibe. Their lack of skill might be less obvious on another show but here it just hurts to see the contrast.

Sidibe was nominated for an Oscar and a buttload of other awards for Precious. Don't ask me to explain why or how. 

• Love 3

Someone previously posted they were happy to find people that also thought Emma Roberts is a bad actress (which I do too)--I'm glad to find so many that also think Gabourey's acting is poor.  I agree that it didn't help that her character in Coven was pretty lame.  I guess I'll just have to satisfy myself with the hope that her character in this season is more interesting--once she gets to Florida from the-Barbizon-Secretarial-School-in-New-York-City.

• Love 3

Sidibe was nominated for an Oscar and a buttload of other awards for Precious. Don't ask me to explain why or how. 

Oh I know, but that was an obvious one-off and I think most people know it was more about the material and her being unknown. It'll never happen again. They revolved the movie around what she can do, and it was a one-time thing.

• Love 4

Someone previously posted they were happy to find people that also thought Emma Roberts is a bad actress (which I do too)--I'm glad to find so many that also think Gabourey's acting is poor.  I agree that it didn't help that her character in Coven was pretty lame.  I guess I'll just have to satisfy myself with the hope that her character in this season is more interesting--once she gets to Florida from the-Barbizon-Secretarial-School-in-New-York-City.

The two of them are terrible and I also think Michael Chiklis is god awful. I enjoyed watching The Shield but mostly for Walton Goggins. That was another show which had actors of wildly varying skill (and lots of nepotism). It doesn't help these people to put them in scenes with the likes of Angela Bassett and Frances Conroy. Shit, even Patti LaBelle did a better job.

A few other random comments:

- If you're BAKING the cupcakes, why do you have to inject the poison? Just put it in the batter! Jeez, do I have to teach you everything? (but seriously)

- Slave to Love is the best sex music ever, just sayin'.

- The recap was better than the episode. But that's been true for awhile now.

• Love 2

I like the emerging friendship between Ethel and Desiree.

Me too. After Desiree made her proclamation about possibly having a baby with Dell, Ethel obviously took her aside and told her all about him and Jimmy so she wouldn't bring another Dell Jr. into the world for him to despise and ignore. Yeah, some of it might have been to spite Dell, but I totally thought it was more to save Desiree from the same hell.

Poor, poor Matt Bomer! Dandy obviously needs to go back to evil murder clown training and learn where the vital organs are so he doesn't stab everywhere else. Geez.

• Love 4

This episode was so boring. They're wearing out that David Bowie song, Dandy just makes me roll my eyes, the twins make me roll my eyes even more, the sleazy guy is obviously a con man and nobody can figure it out? Are they all stupid? 

So Dell is secretly gay *yawn* and it's just hard for me to believe way out in BFE Florida, that there is this gay night club with all those hot guys in 1952. Maybe, maybe, in Miami or Havana, but suburban FLORIDA?

I did like the Desiree backstory, her bonding with Kathy Bates, the explanation that Dell's dad had lobster hands. Highlight of the whole episode was the batshite crazy convo between Dandy's mom and Dandy, where she unapologetically explained that they were wealthy, inbred, mentally ill, but above the law and social norms, was excellent. I'm totally agreeing with the poster above who thinks she hired Twisty, so Dandy could have some dirty bum to take out his aggression, because dirty bums just don't matter and are disposable.

The phone call with Gabourey's character was just painful to watch, because Gabourrey is such a deadpan, dull actress, that it sounded like someone reciting lines for a school play. She's terrible. Every line she delivers is flat, bored, fake and just awful.  If Ryan Murphy just had to have her in this season, why didn't he just make her the Freak Show fat lady and be done with it. Girl makes Emma Roberts look like Meryl Streep.

• Love 5

What did people think of Stanley trying to sell Elsa on the concept of television?

It made me wonder about how exactly JL was sold on signing on to do her first television series in AHS and if any part of her was hesitant/resistant or if she wondered if it would be considered a step down or anything like that. These days I think there is so much work in television that is artistic and worthy of discussion that it makes me feel like the snobbery about TV vs Film isn't as much of a thing as it once was. It still exists obviously, no question about that, but it seems like TV has come a long, long way in terms of the way that it is respected in comparison with films.  

I really hope you continue to suck at predictions Valny, because I can't bear to see Ma Petit hurt let alone die!!! The previews don't look good though

The main reasons I think Ma Petite is going to go are that the twins are out of Stanley's reach for now and Ma Petite will be easy to fit into a jar. :-(

ETA: because television and films aren't the same thing.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 4

Dandy American Psycho.

I couldn't stop thinking about Patrick Bateman when Dandy's talking head was happening. His underwear scene reminded me of Bateman's underwear workout scene. Gloria, Gloria. Like father, like Dandy. I'd rather have the evil murdering clown back.

Why kill Matt Bomer?! BOO.

I'm waiting for Del to get his. I'm glad that Desiree left because she deserves better. Hopefully, she's not entirely done this season because you can never have too much Angela Bassett.

I love the contemporary references and songs this season. Well done. Also, Bryan Ferry and "Slave to Love"? Thank you, Ryan Murphy.

Avaleigh: I wondered the same thing about Stanley trying to sell Elsa on acting in television. I enjoyed that entire scene. Historically, film actors have looked down on TV actors. These days, the more exciting work is happening on television.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2
Guest Accused Dingo

Oh I know, but that was an obvious one-off and I think most people know it was more about the material and her being unknown. It'll never happen again. They revolved the movie around what she can do, and it was a one-time thing.

She had a moment.  It happens.  The right time.  The right movie.  She capitalized on it.  Acting is a skill like anything else.   Some questionable actors improve over time.  The problem is I don't think Sidibe has  Now we can agree to disagree on other actors.  We all have actors we love and hate.  We can go in circles forever with actors we gush over and actors who are like nails on a chalkboard or just bore us to tears.   Personally I love the main cast.  The ones who have been on the show in one form or another from the start.  And I think AHS is one of the most brilliant shows on tv today.  .  

• Love 7

I couldn't stop thinking about Patrick Bateman when Dandy's talking head was happening. His underwear scene reminded me of Bateman's underwear workout scene. Gloria, Gloria. Like father, like Dandy. I'd rather have the evil murdering clown back.

Why kill Matt Bomer?! BOO.

I'm waiting for Del to get his. I'm glad that Desiree left because she deserves better. Hopefully, she's not entirely done this season because you can never have too much Angela Bassett.

I love the contemporary references and songs this season. Well done. Also, Bryan Ferry and "Slave to Love"? Thank you, Ryan Murphy.

Avaleigh: I wondered the same thing about Stanley trying to sell Elsa on acting in television. I enjoyed that entire scene. Historically, film actors have looked down on TV actors. These days, the more exciting work is happening on television.

But was Patrick Bateman hairless? I just can't get past this; it really squicks me out.

I'm glad that Desiree left because she deserves better. Hopefully, she's not entirely done this season because you can never have too much Angela Bassett.

She didn't leave the show, just Del's trailer. She's moved in with the bearded lady for now.

• Love 1

I don't think Emma Roberts is a bad actress - she's doing a pretty good showing wider range as Maggie this season. The problem is, competent but unexceptional doesn't look so good when you're standing next to Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, and Francis Conroy. I think there are very few actors of her generation who could hold their own in that company.

• Love 3

- If you're BAKING the cupcakes, why do you have to inject the poison? Just put it in the batter! Jeez, do I have to teach you everything?

That's what I was thinking too panthergirl13, but then I thought, maybe whatever liquid was in the syringe would somehow breakdown once it's heated at a certain temperature and not be affective anymore? Oh what the hell do I know, I'm no Walter White with the chemistry!  But syringing the cupcake looked kind of cool! So I'm thinking that's why.

The main reasons I think Ma Petite is going to go are that the twins are out of Stanley's reach for now and Ma Petite will be easy to fit into a jar. :-( 

Ooooh good point! I think you may be right about that Avaleigh.  And I remember

in the series promo they show a quick shot of her in a jar filling up with water,or at least that's what it looked like, it actually looked like she was in a giant blender.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1

I just wanted to add myself to the list of people who like men with little-to-no body hair.

Also, thank you show, for giving us more Dandy. In his underwear, no less. 

• Love 7

What really bothered me about the audience booing Elsa was that I kept wondering if any of them were the same folks who came to thank Jimmy. Jupiter isn't supposed to be a very big city.

• Love 1

And didn't Breaking Bad teach us that you can't dissolve a body in acid in a bathtub? :)

It taught us that you can't do it in a fiberglass bath tub.  I don't think they had those in the 50's.  That appeared to be an enamel coated iron bathtub.

Mythbusters proved to us that you cannot dissolve a body completely at all, even with a super solvent of high concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide and acid.

Thank you!!!!  I think she was acclaimed for Precious because she was different (obese) and it was an "important" film . . . and ever since that, I've felt like people were just perpetuating the myth that she can act because they're embarrassed to admit that they were wrong.

They're even more embarassed to admit they're wrong now because of Howard Stern.  Howard Stern commented on the air a few years back that she would not be put in any more roles after Precious because she was obese.  I believe he may have even been called racist for it for some reason.  He said Oprah was lying to her when Oprah said she'd have a brilliant career.  So now everyone is clamoring to give her a job because they don't want Howard Stern to be right.

Her delivery of lines in this episode on that phone call was awful.  And it's not because she's obese, anyone should see that.  It's because she's not a great actor.  She got really lucky with the role that won her an Oscar, probably because it was something she sort of lived through.

A few other random comments:

- If you're BAKING the cupcakes, why do you have to inject the poison? Just put it in the batter! Jeez, do I have to teach you everything? (but seriously)

Heat changes the chemical structure of foods and other substances.  That is why we bake or cook things to begin with.  So it's hard to say if whatever poison he was using would not evaporate, like alcohol does when you cook with it, or become some other compound when combined with the milk, eggs, or water at high heat. He knows it's still the same poison if he puts it in after they cooked.

The smarter thing to do would be to put it into some lemonade or sweet tea.  They are southern girls after all and would be likely to drink that on a picnic.

Edited by smcallah
  • Love 9

I don't have much to add that people haven't already said, but Mrs. Dandy's mom nailed it. She has the character development that usually takes a whole season in just a few episodes. I love how she talked about Dandy's father and when she saw Dora's body, she didn't take any more of Dandy's shit.

Great episode. Knew you guys would love Dandy/ Matt B, haha

• Love 1

She didn't leave the show, just Del's trailer. She's moved in with the bearded lady for now.

Ah, thanks. Not sure how I blanked out on that.

DangerousMinds: Like rubinia said, Patrick Bateman was hairless in that way in the movie. The similarities between the Dandy and Patrick characters are eerie. Ryan Murphy must have enjoyed American Psycho.

Edited by Surrealist

The only character I find utterly repulsive and I am barely able to watch is ManBaby.  I'm fine with everyone else.  This includes the character/actor divide.  I can't stand the brunette playing ManBaby.  I've never liked snotty adults acting like five year olds.  That's why I can't watch FOX News.

Also, while I'm on the negative -- the blonde playing the fake fortune teller can't act her way out of a paper bag.  That's too bad because I like the character such as she is.  Her scene with the "poof" in the motel room was like pulling teeth.  She was horrid at her line delivery.  WOW.

ETA:  smcallah, oddly enough I thought the daughter on the phone was fine.  I especially liked the conflicted way she responded to the mother kind of losing touch with reality.  "I'm uncomfortable" was said with just a hint of a question mark.  This young woman grew up with ManBaby so she's a part of that life.  But, the mother's craziness in that moment made her uncomfortable.  That was neat.  (I got the impression the mother is probably paying for secretary school.  Right?)

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2

Yes, lightening does only strike once sometimes. GS was so excellent in Precious because the character was a shut-down, horribly abused high school with bratty emotional barriers up. Physical attributes aside, the range or talent just doesn't seem to be there to play anything else in AHS. The scene could have been neither here-nor-there with an unknown. GS actually made it stand out as atrocious.

I will be in the minority here: but as talented as Frances Conroy is her drag queen overbearing mother is tiring to me. It's just like camp for camp's sake. Thus far this is actually my least favorite AHS by quite a wide margin.

Edited by Jason Caucutt

She got really lucky with the role that won her an Oscar, probably because it was something she sort of lived through.

I can't believe I'm defending her because I wasn't blown away by Precious (Monique was brilliant in it and deserved every award she won though), but no, Sidibe did not win an Oscar (I don't think anyone really though she seriously would) and she's just obese-she wasn't raped by her father, beaten by her mom and all the other stuff she went through in that movie-she was acting, she didn't live through any of it for real. If anything, being black is as much if not more of a hindrance to her getting work-Melissa McCarthy is fat, seems to have a one note shtick and isn't hurting for work.

OK...back to the show. I do agree with above posters that this was the first episode that didn't drag in anyway and had a lot of forward momentum. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and won't let the shows go 20 minutes long again. I didn't see the Dell is gay reveal coming and that makes me wonder if that was in the cards the whole time or they just thought it up. However, the Dell is gay thing does also make me think of those guys on Jerry Springer (don't judge me) that would be the boyfriend on the "I'm really a man" episodes. It took me years to figure out that they likely did know that they were dating men and were conflicted about not being completely straight. The fact that the man looked like a woman to everyone was a hedge or a comfort to them. And there is also the anecdotes of sexually conflicted men acting out violently, especially to openly gay men. So maybe all the clues were there all along.

• Love 1

Clues earlier in the season: (1) He used to be married to the Bearded Lady, (2) He's currently married to a woman who appears to be a hermaphrodite, and (3) he seems to have a history of performance problems with both women. It wasn't a sure thing, but because of those hints I had zero surprise at his conversation with the gigolo in the latest episode.

• Love 10

I was surprise to see the audience booing Elsa considering they loved the freak show last ep. Or maybe the love was just on Jimmy.

I'm little confused though, how come the guy didn't die right away when he was being chop up? Don't you think he'll be making a return?

The irony of American Horror Story is that most of it isn't horrifying, but last night seeing Dot looking over at her dead sister's head was one of the most horrifying things I've seen on that show.  Of course it turned out to be just a fantasy, but in that moment it was terrifying, especially the way they made Bett's head look.  *shivers*

• Love 3
The irony of American Horror Story is that most of it isn't horrifying, but last night seeing Dot looking over at her dead sister's head was one of the most horrifying things I've seen on that show.  Of course it turned out to be just a fantasy, but in that moment it was terrifying, especially the way they made Bett's head look.  *shivers*

My understanding is that Dot and Bette are loosely based on the real-life conjoined twins Daisy and Violet Hilton. In their article on Wikipedia it says that Daisy died first and that Violet survived her sister from between two to four days and was alone through the ordeal. How horrible.

So many of the stories of the real life freaks are terribly sad. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 5

If you're BAKING the cupcakes, why do you have to inject the poison? Just put it in the batter! Jeez, do I have to teach you everything?

Injecting the poison means that he can leave some of the cupcakes safe in case he has to eat one of them himself. Although, I agree with Valny that looking cool on screen was probably the real reason.

• Love 2

I just wanted to add myself to the list of people who like men with little-to-no body hair.

Also, thank you show, for giving us more Dandy. In his underwear, no less. 

Still think Dandy is sexy after Dora stated that he leaves stains in that underwear? lol It's the first thing I thought about when he was stripped down to his briefs doing pushups and whatnot.

• Love 4