Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/4/2020 at 2:27 PM, boes said:

I wasn't clear enough.  They're just both immensely annoying characters, similar in their smug and dumbness, different in how they wreck every scene they're in.

I get what you meant actually. Lani when does try to emote she has reactions that take you out of the scene. Last week she said “oh my god” like 10x but would make expressions like she was annoyed or sitting on a cactus. Whenever she’s supposed to be anguished or scared she raises her eyebrows and kinda widens her eyes or squints one.  

It’s very obvious there’s no acting coach on set or they don’t give directions feedback. All My Children, which also ran on a smallish budget, had the phenomenal Darnell Williams as the set coach which was a great investment. A lot of the younger actors who went onto prime time or NetFlix credit him for their improvement. Finn Wittrock was one.

The legendary David Canary also helped the other cast members a lot practicing with them lines and giving them help on reactions and emotion. 

Edited by Petunia13
I smushed the actor and character name so revised it
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I get what you meant actually. Lani when does try to emote she has reactions that take you out of the scene. Last week she said “oh my god” like 10x but would make expressions like she was annoyed or sitting on a cactus. Whenever she’s supposed to be anguished or scared she raises her eyebrows and kinda widens her eyes or squints one.  

It’s very obvious there’s no acting coach on set or they don’t give directions feedback. All My Children, which also ran on a smallish budget, had the phenomenal Darnell Williams as the set coach which was a great investment. A lot of the younger actors who went onto prime time or NetFlix credit him for their improvement. Finn Wittrock was one.

The legendary David Canary also helped the other cast members a lot practicing with them lines and giving them help on reactions and emotion. 

There are no directors on set to set up a scene, the actors are basically left on their own  to make things work.  They don't even rehearse since they don't have a budget..

Darnell Williams was sublime as Jesse who was unapologetically Black and awesome.  I swear All My Children and the young and the restless are the two soaps that had the best Black characters who were multidimensional and not only about Black oppression. 

I was happy to find out that so many younger actors have praised Darnell Williams for helping them hone their craft.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

I enjoyed Jack and Steve again today.

I wish Xander had told him about his baby plot. I don't like that the only outside commentary we got on that scheme came from Victor.  Of course he'd think it's a good idea.

I thought Xander's prostitute was Ciara based on the way her hair flowed and the way she was standing.

• Love 11

What does Will do at the paper to require somebody to cover for him?  Isn't he a reporter?  Do they clock in and out?  And was he not planning on attending the wedding of his father-in-law already anyway?

Victor reading Sarah was valid, but as usual, he was being a dick about it.

Sonny's wording was weird, talking to Jack about "my uncle Steve." Uh, Jack is your uncle Jack, too.

Tch, tch, Xander.

• Love 5

I did like some of the 'one on one" conversations today:  Sarah & Victor, Jack & Xander, Jack & Patch, Sonny & Justin.  The show seemed slow, but the conversations did show us what the characters are feeling at the moment. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

There are no directors on set to set up a scene, the actors are basically left on their own  to make things work.  They don't even rehearse since they don't have a budget..

Darnell Williams was sublime as Jesse who was unapologetically Black and awesome.  I swear All My Children and the young and the restless are the two soaps that had the best Black characters who were multidimensional and not only about Black oppression. 

I was happy to find out that so many younger actors have praised Darnell Williams for helping them hone their craft.

Passions strangely did well in this department too wacky stories aside Eve Russell was an interesting character who had plenty of drama that her white counterparts usually get. They also had a younger set to go with it too.

2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

It feels like we will have a wedding week for each of the nuptials, which will be mostly filler junk.

I wouldn't mind an Ericole week as this has been 20 years in the making more or less. This should be a much bigger event first wedding and all but this is treated as an afterthought. 

• Love 2

Filler junk today.

Of course it is a bad sign that there is no one to officiate at Kayla's and Justin's wedding. Surely the key to the city garbage can be moved to a time a half hour later. Not like anyone cares.

Jennifer's dress looked nice. 

We still haven't seen Justin's other sons. And probably never will.

I liked Victor's chat with Sarah and Jack and Steve and Jack and Xander.

Sarah, you were stupid to follow Xander to the hotel and see his lady of the night walk in the door. She did look like an upscale Ciara. Well, you dumped Xander and he has every right to spend his time as he pleases. Chances are nothing will happen with him and the girl, as he is still fixated on you.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sarah, you were stupid to follow Xander to the hotel and see his lady of the night walk in the door. She did look like an upscale Ciara. Well, you dumped Xander and he has every right to spend his time as he pleases. Chances are nothing will happen with him and the girl, as he is still fixated on you.

I agree nothing will happen.  I think we're being set up to think she's a prostitute but she'll end up being someone who specializes in selling diamonds or something like that - especially since Xander was staring at the ring earlier.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I agree nothing will happen.  I think we're being set up to think she's a prostitute but she'll end up being someone who specializes in selling diamonds or something like that - especially since Xander was staring at the ring earlier.

100%. I was about to ask if there was confirmation she was a sex worker in the show because in fast forward I just assumed they were teasing it but that she'd actually be someone else.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

First I thought "masseuse" but a legit one brings a table.  However, that would undermine the 'miscommunication' plot they are after. BTW, GOOD on Victor for standing up to Sarah on this one.  He was talking from the heart and talking common sense.  She needed that.

I like Jack.  I really do.  And I used to hate him.

Oh Justin.  You are a good man.  You don't deserve this. But DO NOT make decisions for Kayla.  Kayla makes her own decisions.  Do it in private.

Kayla - did you PICK a time no one could make or are your friends just thoughtless and didn't rearrange their calendar.  Seriously, the stupid 'key to the city' thing was on the calendar before you got engaged.  WHY ARE THESE WEDDINGS SO PFFFFFT? 

I get Lani/Eli being low-key.  Their only mistake was having it in Julie's place.  They seriously needed a SECRET LOCATION.  
I get Kayla/Justin being relatively low key -- but Marlena/John/Hope?  Nope.  They should have been considered. And this is a relatively normal wedding (Salem rating scale) between a divorced woman and a widowed man. Will's 10-min ordination seems unworthy.
I imagine Eric/Nicole to also be relatively small -- too much trauma and backstory.  And she's divorced, like 3 or 4 times. But you basic 'Brady family' is a large group.
I know CIN's the big deal but that also should be relatively low-key (no newspaper announcements) as the groom was a serial killer.  It does seem like Ciara saved on stamps by handing out announcements .... but you should be kinda quiet about Ben's 'happily ever after' given there are dead people in his wake.  Be respectful please. 

Someone give Sonny a job.  Or state that he's building his wealth via active engagement in the stock market and small investments.  Something that requires research and makes him feel like he's a business man.  Seriously, ONE throw away line to explain 3 years of suit wearing.

Edited by SueB
Random "00000011" in the middle of my post was removed.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, SueB said:

Someone give Sonny a job.  Or state that he's building his wealth via active engagement in the stock market and small investments.  Something that requires research and makes him feel like he's a business man.  Seriously, ONE throw away line to explain 3 years of suit wearing.

He must get that from Victor.  When they showed Victor in the Titan office confronting Brady it was probably the first time we've seen him go to the office in 5 years.  Yet he always sits around the living room in suits.  I guess this is the male equivalent of having half the female population running around town in cocktail dresses in the middle of the day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SueB said:

First I thought "masseuse" but a legit one brings a table.  However, that would undermine the 'miscommunication' plot they are after. BTW, GOOD on Victor for standing up to Sarah on this one.  He was talking from the heart and talking common sense.  She needed that.

Massage therapists also don't show up to work in sexy red dresses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/6/2020 at 12:53 PM, Pearson80 said:

I didn't realize that and I guess that explains the awesome moment on today's episode:  Abe and Kate are talking in Horton Square and just as John and Marlena start to approach them, a woman walked right in between them--damn funny scene.

The Steve/Kayla wedding flashbacks were lovely but I'm also enjoying all of the history the actors are bringing to their lines--that's the best part of the episodes because you know they're remembering their characters' pasts.  I was also rather put off by Victor busting on Sami right in front of Will and saying how they need get out of clutches and they need to stay away from her--WTF?!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Massage therapists also don't show up to work in sexy red dresses.

Yep, that was more of a Bobbie Gentry "Just be nice to the gentleman, Fancy, and he'll be nice to you" look.

Though, essential oils may be involved .....

• LOL 7

I had no idea Kayla & Steve's son, Joey, was in prison. WTH, wasn't he born after Steve came back from the dead in 2007??

That was the saddest little marriage ceremony I've seen in a long time; 4 guests at the wedding? Really?! Roman couldn't take a day off from the pub to attend his sister's wedding? Suddenly Maggie & Julie (or was it Doug?) come down with colds? Marlena & John were just hanging out at the Brady Pub doing fuck all - they couldn't attend their friends' wedding? I miss the days when weddings were big events and were attended by half the cast. 

Poor Justin. He truly believed Kayla was his second chance at happiness and tried to ignore all the warning signs that Kayla was not as into him as he was into her. It sucks that he's been hit with the truth on his wedding day and he's looked progressively more miserable as the day's worn on.

MBE/Kayla looks amazing, and I while I hate the wedding dress I love the hairdo. What was the point of Kayla's heel breaking? Nothing came of it, except Jack reciting a poem. Justin didn't even make a comment that Kayla was looking extra short. I guess the slight delay was just to torture poor Justin a little more?

I love Steve but I'm sick of his sad-sack routine. He's been moping for months. If he's going to keep this up then he should go off to Europe and work on the case he was talking about. Or better yet, go visit his kids.

Kate crowing about the 100K views and 200K likes over the dumb "Key to Salem" ceremony was cringey. That's something someone like Claire would care about, not this 60-something business woman. I felt bad for Lauren Koslow and James Reynolds having to act out those scenes. 

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I love Steve but I'm sick of his sad-sack routine. He's been moping for months. If he's going to keep this up then he should go off to Europe and work on the case he was talking about. Or better yet, go visit his kids.

1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Steve’s self pity is annoying. I miss “take action” Steve. I can’t feel sorry for him with his pity party if he refuses to tell Kayla how he feels.

This.  Thanks for saying it.  For heaven's sake, all the players in this are closer to 70 than they are to 50, so these moping "but he REALLY loves Kayla" and "I have no right to her" b.s. is sooooooooooooo old.  Grow the F up.  I guess the heat is making me grumpy but all of them, Steve, Kayla, Hope, nosey parker Jennifer, Jack, John and Marlena were acting like boneheaded middle schoolers.

And since I'm being grumpy, why did Matt Ashford dye his hair?  Last week, he was looking good with the grey at the sides and now he looks like he's auditioning for a spot on a reboot of Hollywood Squares - in the Foster Brooks role.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7

I actually enjoyed today's show!

We all knew that it was going to end up that Steve and Kayla would end up together.  I enjoyed the way they are having it play out.  Humour, nostalgia, and no sign of CIN or Elani.  Or Julie. 

GIF by Shalita Grant

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Way to go, Will.  You only had one job, and you drop your note cards.

I wondered if that was written into the script or did the actor accidentally drop the cards & it made for a funny moment so they left it in?

• Love 4

After years of being away, I've decided to come back to watch some DOOL. I know, I'm a masochist. I love Linsey Godfrey and just finally had to see her in this. I've been watching some of the recent episodes, but does anyone know how I can watch older ones? I tried the NBC website and it has it so it looks like all the episodes are there, but when you click on them it says the video isn't available any longer, and YouTube has been of little help. 

• Love 2

Why did Jennifer get the nice dress and Kayla got a frumpy, dowdy shirtdress? There are beautiful dresses now for middle-aged women. I too agree that all of them have been acting like no one can have anyone except their twu wuv. Doesn't happen all the time. People grow out of relationships and move on. Kayla is well within her right to marry Justin - he may be boring, but he offers stability and a good heart.

The old Steve would have fought for Kayla. He did make a comment that he has been away from her more than with her. Kayla just comes across as some sort of addiction for him. Get the stupid key to the city, and move on.

Too bad Kayla's heel broke. Another omen. Although most women would have two pairs of shoes at the ready.

The key to the city thing was dumb. Who cares how it does on social media? I don't think the Mayor here cares about his social media feed and popularity. It's nice to see numbers, but social media can bring out a lot of trolls and bots. Kate can buy followers. So dumb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Why did Jennifer get the pretty wedding dress and Kayla got that old lady coat thing ?

I honestly thought she was wearing a housecoat/bathrobe when the scene opened! No lie.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Why did Jennifer get the pretty wedding dress and Kayla got that old lady coat thing ?

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Why did Jennifer get the nice dress and Kayla got a frumpy, dowdy shirtdress? There are beautiful dresses now for middle-aged women.

Yeah, that dress was ugly and the big-ass bow in front made it even worse. Kayla has been wearing pretty summer dresses lately, so she does own dresses that aren't frumpy and unflattering. It's baffling why wardrobe put her in that old lady dress. She looked pretty from the neck up though.

2 hours ago, boes said:

For heaven's sake, all the players in this are closer to 70 than they are to 50, so these moping "but he REALLY loves Kayla" and "I have no right to her" b.s. is sooooooooooooo old.  Grow the F up.  I guess the heat is making me grumpy but all of them, Steve, Kayla, Hope, nosey parker Jennifer, Jack, John and Marlena were acting like boneheaded middle schoolers.

I appreciate that DOOL gives airtime to the vets (and that it's mostly the original actors still playing the roles), but I agree that this "Steve loves Kayla but she can't know about it" and "oh no, we have to keep it a secret" nonsense plays terrible when the characters are all grandparents. Also, this storyline hinges on the fact that Kayla is oblivious to Steve's real feelings. Please! Steve & Kayla have 30 years of history, they know each other inside and out, so it's so dumb that Kayla can't tell that Steve still loves her & wants her back just by looking at him. I appreciate that this triangle did not involve any cheating and all 3 characters remained likeable throughout, but it's time to end it by having Kayla choose once and for all.

I also liked Hope, John, & Marlena reminiscing and sharing some laughs at the Brady Pub. Even if Steve was being a wet blanket, long-time friends sitting around chatting and being supportive of each other is nice to see. More of that, please. 

As for "nosey parker Jennifer" (LOL), I laughed when Will asked if there were any objections and Jack had to look over at Jennifer to make sure she wasn't going to say anything. Since she came out of her coma, she has turned into a busybody who apparently has a hard time keeping a secret. Still, I am enjoying seeing J&J together and being allowed some happiness for a change. Even if Jennifer has turned into a nosy Nelly. 

I never want Kate to talk about the "key to the city" ever again. Good lord that was bad from start to finish.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 9

Where was Kayla yesterday when she was getting ready for the wedding? That was one of the UGLIEST rooms I ever seen. Those curtains, my God, I could hardly pay attention to the dialog, the glaring, Grandma is on acid, curtains kept grabbing my attention. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Also, this storyline hinges on the fact that Kayla is oblivious to Steve's real feelings. Please! Steve & Kayla have 30 years of history, they know each other inside and out, so it's so dumb that Kayla can't tell that Steve still loves her & wants her back just by looking at him. I appreciate that this triangle did not involve any cheating and all 3 characters remained likeable throughout, but it's time to end it by having Kayla choose once and for all.

This. Yes, please. Just this.

Except that's not all: I seriously need them to hire a dayplayer to fill the role of Preacher Man (or Woman). This "I know, let's get a member of the family with no particular vocation or even a minimal religious affiliation to fill out an online ordination and marry us!" trick is getting old. And cheap. I think the vast majority of Salemites are supposed to be at least nominally Catholic -- why is the default Marlena, or Will or, heaven help us, Darling Julie? (It's never Former Father Uncle Eric, you'll notice, because I guess somehow being married by someone who used to be a priest is unthinkable, but being married by some who's been a pretend priest for five minutes is the new orange?) To do it by exception is one thing, but it's the standard now. Was there some sort of clerical zombie apocalypse in Salem that I missed, and there just aren't priests anymore? Just get an actual officiant a couple of times a year, for the love of Agnes Nixon!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Sandman said:

(It's never Former Father Uncle Eric, you'll notice, because I guess somehow being married by someone who used to be a priest is unthinkable, but being married by some who's been a pretend priest for five minutes is the new orange?)

Yeah.  I would think if they wanted a family member/regular cast member to do the marriage, they would have it be Eric or John.  Both former priests.  But, I don't know about real life, it seems to be all the rage on TV.  Having a friend getting ordained in some religion that may or may not just exist so that people can get ordained online.  The government may as well just let anyone marry people, and I'm not even meaning that facetiously.  Because that's what's basically happening.  And it doesn't really matter, because basically, for legal purposes, it's just two people signing a temporary contract which either can choose to void at any time and then it s just a matter of figuring out the logistics.  Why do you need a minister of any sort for that?  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I would think if they wanted a family member/regular cast member to do the marriage, they would have it be Eric or John.  Both former priests.

Am I the only one who totally forgot that John used to be a priest? In my own defense, John Black has had so many identities, backstories, parents, birth parents, no-for-real-this-time parents, callings, careers, "recovered" memories, etc., I long ago stopped trying to keep up. And it seems about as easy to get in and out of a religious life around Salem as it does to get in and out of Bayview -- or Statesville. Or, you know, the morgue.

In fact, I'm pretty sure some people have spent more time at the Salem Inn than others have in incarceration, religious orders or "long-term" psychiatric care. Or dead.  

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Am I the only one who totally forgot that John used to be a priest? In my own defense, John Black has had so many identities, backstories, parents, birth parents, no-for-real-this-time parents, callings, careers, "recovered" memories, etc., I long ago stopped trying to keep up. And it seems about as easy to get in and out of a religious life around Salem as it does to get in and out of Bayview -- or Statesville. Or, you know, the morgue.

In fact, I'm pretty sure some people have spent more time at the Salem Inn than others have in incarceration, religious orders or "long-term" psychiatric care. Or dead.  

Just think what Lani's got to look forward to, now that she's completed her religious training.  

And Kristen!  

Hallowed be Thy Game, Ladies.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Well it turned out that John wasn't really a priest. That was just his cover when he was an art thief with partner (the real Princess Gina) and stealing artwork for Stefano.

• Love 2
(edited)

Kayla bought a condo that in my mind (and maybe in the show?) is in Marlena and John's building, as it's a redressed version of their living room with a kitchen stuck on it. I think it's cute!

I do miss the larger set she had with Steve. But in this economy?

Edited by ajs1615
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well it turned out that John wasn't really a priest. That was just his cover when he was an art thief with partner (the real Princess Gina) and stealing artwork for Stefano.

.....whaaaa...? He seemed pretty much like a legit priest during the Marlena possession storyline to me...he even turned down sexy Demon Kristen in lingerie when she came to his apartment for a booty call!

50 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Man, WK had the acting MVP today! Justin letting Kayla go was heartbreaking and beautifully well acted.

Absolutely! It's amazing what a veteran actor like Wally Kurth can do with run-of-the-mill dialogue. Seeing Justin's heartbreak written all over his face makes me hate the show for killing Adrienne. I knew Justin was going to get the short end of the stick eventually and I hate it. Where does Justin go from here?

Speaking of good acting, color me pleasantly surprised at Drake Hogestyn's acting as John said goodbye to Steve. I felt John's grief at losing his friend. I love when he told Marlena that Steve is not a young man anymore (with 1 eye!) and he worries if anyone will be there to bring him home when he needs it. Steve is too damn old to be  running off on ISA missions. Shane needs to turn down these old guys every time they go running to him trying to relive their youths. 

I also loved the mention of Bo, as well as Steve telling Hope it's time to move on from his death. This comment coupled with the recent deluge of Hope & Rafe scenes makes me go hmmmmm.

I really liked this episode because it focused on the older crowd and their long history with each other. I may be biased but the veteran actors blow the young actors out of the water when given meaty material. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

.....whaaaa...? He seemed pretty much like a legit priest during the Marlena possession storyline to me...he even turned down sexy Demon Kristen in lingerie when she came to his apartment for a booty call!

Because like everything about John's past, he didn't know it wasn't true. He only got a snippet of the info and then believed it to be 100% true. He decides that since he may have been a priest in the past that he had continue with a calling that he never remembered. Forget the fact that he a young son at home, he felt guilty and had to be a priest.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Because like everything about John's past, he didn't know it wasn't true. He only got a snippet of the info and then believed it to be 100% true. He decides that since he may have been a priest in the past that he had continue with a calling that he never remembered. Forget the fact that he a young son at home, he felt guilty and had to be a priest.

I remember when this was originally going down.  In order to leave the priesthood he had to write something about why he became a priest in the first place, and since he couldn't remember he was stuck being a priest.  That sounded like the biggest bunch of cockamamie that I've ever heard.  First of all, the church can't make him continue to be a priest.  I suppose they could excommunicate him, but that's about it.  Plus, as mentioned, he had a son and wasn't Belle born by this time?  He had clearly broken his vows.  Wouldn't they just kick him out of the priesthood?  And why would the Church want a priest who no longer felt the calling simply because he couldn't remember why he wanted to be a priest in the first place.  Amnesia or no, that just sounds ridiculously stupid.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I rolled lol.

It's been said but I'll just add that yea WK was fantastic today. He deserves better than this show!

Well he's on GH and wasted there he's not getting this type of scene on that show as bad as Days is they do write for more than one character and seem to care about most if not all their vets rather than just a couple.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Absolutely! It's amazing what a veteran actor like Wally Kurth can do with run-of-the-mill dialogue. Seeing Justin's heartbreak written all over his face makes me hate the show for killing Adrienne. I knew Justin was going to get the short end of the stick eventually and I hate it. Where does Justin go from here?

Speaking of good acting, color me pleasantly surprised at Drake Hogestyn's acting as John said goodbye to Steve. I felt John's grief at losing his friend. I love when he told Marlena that Steve is not a young man anymore (with 1 eye!) and he worries if anyone will be there to bring him home when he needs it. Steve is too damn old to be  running off on ISA missions. Shane needs to turn down these old guys every time they go running to him trying to relive their youths. 

I also loved the mention of Bo, as well as Steve telling Hope it's time to move on from his death. This comment coupled with the recent deluge of Hope & Rafe scenes makes me go hmmmmm.

I really liked this episode because it focused on the older crowd and their long history with each other. I may be biased but the veteran actors blow the young actors out of the water when given meaty material. 

Yes, Yes, Yes!  Wally brought tears to my eyes, some really emotional scenes.  Loved Victor's snark, loved Kayla's hug & tears as she realized what Justin was saying.  Jack & Jennifer are always faves.  Hope & Patch's scene of being old friends who understand each other.   When Justin broke down & cried while at Kayla's condo just broke my heart.   Yes, the younger actors need to watch the vets to see how its done.

• Love 10

I seriously thought John was going to go all Mike Tyson on Steve's ear when he leaned in to say goodbye. Kind of creepy! Also, is Drake wearing a hearing aid or something to feed him his lines? Never noticed it before today.

Anyway, I wanted to give Justin a big hug. I knew he was going to end up on the losing end, but damn, poor guy.

• Love 2

Poor Justin. Not right that he had to be thrown under the bus and not get a happy ending for while. Not all people stay in your life. Kayla could have a happy life with him. Yeah, she will miss Steve and all the excitement and challenges, but seriously, both Steve and her could have still loved each other but found other partners.

So stupid to have her heel break, and then magically, Jennifer's shoes fit her without any insoles or anything to make them smaller, or at least if it was sandals, she may fit them. And then buying a full price ticket at the airport only to have Steve change his mind.

The ISA is awfully convenient in terms of folks escaping town. Steve and John could maybe go to ISA School, and help train young agents. That way they could go on 'vacation' and come back a few weeks later. They are far too old to go on adventures.

Justin had so few belongings, except for his vinyl collection.

Hope's top made her look painfully thin. Maybe that was the look she was going for.

How nice that either Adrienne or Bonnie appeared at the cemetery.

• Love 2