Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eli is the total package. Terrific guy. But why is he sleeping on a sofa when he's the proprietor of that huge boarding house Grandma Julie gave him? He still owns that place, right?

That's discussed a couple of posts back.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Ben reeked of hypocrisy today. I guess only HE can change and deserves a second chance. Screw Claire, in his eyes.

I was surprised they let Ciara show exasperation and call him out on it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh Lord, you guys...that cross dissolve transition from Claire calling Ciara the best human alive to her getting her neck rubbed by her serial killer fiancee, and smiling smugly in her hotel room....

Is Ron trying to make us hate Ciara? Is he trolling us?

She has earned nothing, been handed everything and deserves a hard crash back down to reality.

Does Carlivati have to put any effort into making Ciara repugnant?

She's an empty package badly wrapped.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But also, listen, I think Claire and Ben have mad chem and a not small part of me wants a story where they're both still crazy and try to kill each other and then maybe become lovers. Judge me all you want! I judge myself!

I saw the chemistry too and I love your idea.  Then again, I love dark and twisty romance. *hides Kindle*

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Did we ever see people testifying against Gabi in court? (I've missed episodes)

Nope. As someone else posted recently, we no longer seem to see courtroom scenes.  I think it's stupid.  

• Love 3

Like many of you, I had an interrupted show yesterday.  I went back and watched the second half today.  I admit, I've always been kind of on the fence about Ben.  Being involved with Abby might drive me to murder people too, and it's not like the show hasn't hand waved other heinous acts and/or people.  If we're supposed to believe Abby can murder 1 person and try to murder 3 more people and get better after two weeks with Grandma, we should also be able to buy that Ben can reform if given the right therapy/meds.  But today, boy do I see why he and Ciara are PERFECT for each other.  Both of them think it's perfectly fine for THEM to be mistrustful and judgmental but no one else better DARE say anything critical about either one of them.  I loved Claire pointing out that if Will could get past what Ben did, it only made sense that Ciara (and by extension Ben) should be able to get past what she did - unless, of course, he was willing to admit that Will is actually a good, decent person and he and Ciara were judgmental hypocrites.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, boes said:

That was the best, if unintentional, laugh of the week.

Other than stopping to gawk at another of Ciara's outfits that looked like it was designed by Neelix for a Talaxian runway show, that was all I really watched.  If only someone would just eject Ciara into the Delta Quadrant and be done with it.

MAJOR props to you for working Voyager into your post. Never thought I'd see/read the soap world and Trek collide...I legit LOL'd!!!

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

MAJOR props to you for working Voyager into your post. Never thought I'd see/read the soap world and Trek collide...I legit LOL'd!!!

We also need some Cardassian Couture.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I say leave Neelix out of this! Ethan Philips deserves better than to be dragged into this mess after all he had to put up with in the makeup chair.

(But also, nice one boes)

• Love 1
On 6/27/2020 at 11:29 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I say leave Neelix out of this! Ethan Philips deserves better than to be dragged into this mess after all he had to put up with in the makeup chair.

(But also, nice one boes)

Man, what a demotion that was for Ethan Philips to go from whatever position he held on Benson, to a cook(!) on Voyager...  🤪  Why'd they have him anyway?  Voyager had replicators! 

• LOL 3
(edited)

Today was beyond stomach-turning in that the entire episode was All.  ABOUT. LANI and man was it dull.  Kristen's showing up in her nun outfit to weirdly gush over Lani was strange enough but did Lani actually ask if Kristen took her vows?  Because apparently convents in Italy don't mind if chicks come into the religious life with a baby--WTF?!  I'm sure the Mother Superior offers to babysit all the time and wasn't it wonderful watching Lani lie to her dad's face that Salem's order of the Sisters of St. Joseph wanted to give her a gift--again WTF?!  Does Abe actually believe that Lani stays in touch with the women she hid out and lied to for a year?

The only bright spot in this episode was our queen Gabi getting exonerated by her jury of peers--suck on that Chad, Princess Abs, the Hortons and especially Julie!  And how about Julie's casually admitting to Abe that she orders Doug around the club--were we supposed to think that was charming?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 13

Julie is a heinous cow. 

The Lani/Kristen scenes were annoying af. 

Chad just sucks. 

Is the actress playing Gwen over emphasizing her accent or something? I usually love an English accent, but hers annoys me for some reason. 

I feel like I should end this post with Bah Humbug. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I must have missed hearing that Kristenleft her baby at the Convent....what a "great" Mother she is, just leaving her baby behind so she can pop up in Salem again.  Why couldn't we see the actual Court room proceedings?  I guess the show's budget does not allow for another set, but it was odd seeing Gabi suddenly appear in front of Chad to brag to him.  Julie really Is a pill...gosh, ordering Abe around!  I did think Lani looked fantastic in her wedding gown, it was very Sexy. 

Edited by BuckeyeLou
  • Love 3
On 6/26/2020 at 6:13 PM, Thatoneshow said:

I need this show to stop writing stories they cannot afford. Gabi's whole case happened off screen. I want her to get off just so she can knock the smirk off Chads face.

I was thinking about it today, and I was actually going to complain about how I had zero interest in seeing Gwen and Gabi at the garage fighting and would have much rather seen these so-called testimonies that were given in court. But maybe this was a budgetary trade off. They brought in three guest stars for the Elani wedding, so if I had to choose between seeing people in an actual courthouse set bashing Gabi and seeing characters who should actually be at a wedding and not "too busy to attend" as they all so often are (did we even get an excuse for Theo this time?), I think we ended up getting the better end of the stick. Characters bash Gabi on a weekly basis so I'm pretty bored with it and at the end of the day she didn't get sent to jail so who really cares right?

If this was the 90s, they absolutely would have had a courtroom set and I agree that they should. But they're stretching a shoestring budget so...yeah.

Marilyn McCoo isn't a very good actress is she? I know that they tried to do a joke about her real life husband dating Valerie, but she didn't play it off very well. Of course she gets no rehearsal time and I think she's been retired from television for decades, but still. It was an easy gag written particularly for her so you think she would have added something to it.

I have no idea why she's passing out. Is Lani's next story going to be about her mother being sick? Or, please God, are they going to write Lani out by having her leave after the wedding to take care of her mother somewhere else? That would be amazing.

Her headdress thing just doesn't match the actual dress she's wearing. I really want to hear an explanation for the styling there. It actually looks like some kind of Gabi Chic dress, with that bare midriff. It would have been kind of hilarious for them to write it in that she's purposefully wearing one of Gabi's designs as an FU to her on her wedding day 🙂

Marlena looks more matronly and prickly with every passing day. I can't remember the last time I saw her in an outfit that actually seemed delicate and comfortable and feminine and happy. Her collar is practically up to her chin! Having heard lots of rumours about Deidre's personal life/identity, and knowing that she's the Leading Lady of the show, I can't object to her wanting the wardrobe people to respect her preferences for certain clothing styles, but I still think there should be a happy middle ground. I feel like at some point when I started re-watching again back in 2012 they just completely gave up on putting her in anything other than a blazer or leather jacket. If it makes her happy, fine, but it really clashes with the Marlena character we've seen and how she dressed for the decades prior. She used to wear blouses and sweaters and skirts and more traditionally glamorous looks. Julie is older than she is but always wears clothes that are kind of feminine and flattering. There's such a harshness to Marlena. Kate wears trousers and blazers a lot of the time too, but there's a lot of Lauran's personal style in there and it adds colour and variety. Marlena just looks like she's always on the job at a board meeting. Maybe she and Sonny shop at the same store now? LOL 

I don't know. I just find it distracting and maybe that's just me.

If if I see that white drop cloth with the dollar store branches and lights at one more wedding, I'm going to personally fly to Los Angeles and set it on fire. Ugly! It's bad enough that there's only two people in town who will perform weddings anymore, can we at least try and provide some variety for the backdrops of these weddings? It's starting to look like they all got married in front of the same high school photo background.

Eli looked terrific. I love him and Val. For as little development as their relationship got, I always believed that they were mother and son and they're very comfortable with each other on the camera.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Is the actress playing Gwen over emphasizing her accent or something? I usually love an English accent, but hers annoys me for some reason. 

...I, for one, find her relationship with Spike especially frustrating...

8aebc57c568a4edf79d78fe5e55d33ef.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today was beyond stomach-turning in that the entire episode was All.  ABOUT. LANI and man was it dull.  Kristen's showing up in her nun outfit to weirdly gush over Lani was strange enough but did Lani actually ask if Kristen took her vows?  Because apparently convents in Italy don't mind if chicks come into the religious life with a baby--WTF?!  I'm sure the Mother Superior offers to babysit all the time and wasn't it wonderful watching Lani lie to her dad's face that Salem's order of the Sisters of St. Joseph wanted to give her a gift--again WTF?!  Does Abe actually believe that Lani stays in touch with the women she hid out and lied to for a year?

The only bright spot in this episode was our queen Gabi getting exonerated by her jury of peers--suck on that Chad, Princess Abs, the Hortons and especially Julie!  And how about Julie's casually admitting to Abe that she orders Doug around the club--were we supposed to think that was charming?

This.  Were we actually supposed to get all warm and fuzzy that Lani's bestie showed up to help her get ready for her wedding?  And gosh, Kristen showing up dressed as a nun!  Who would EVER see through that disguise - other than everyone in Salem who's already seen it.  And SHE'S supposed to be some great criminal mastermind walking in Stefano's footsteps?

And yes, I REALLY wanted more Gabi gloating - especially after Chad being such an asshole today.

Yes, Julie.  That's probably why Doug wasn't feeling so great today - he didn't want to spend the entire day being treated like a rather incompetent servant.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

This.  Were we actually supposed to get all warm and fuzzy that Lani's bestie showed up to help her get ready for her wedding?  And gosh, Kristen showing up dressed as a nun!  Who would EVER see through that disguise - other than everyone in Salem who's already seen it.  And SHE'S supposed to be some great criminal mastermind walking in Stefano's footsteps?

You know what it is pathetic. Eli said they were having a small ceremony and that they only invited close friends. By my check, Eli's mom and mentor (who is dating Val and wasn't really invited), Abe, Julie, Lani's mom and Marlena who was performing the ceremony. That's it. No one under the age of 60 (well the actress that plays Val is 57).

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Having heard lots of rumours about Deidre's personal life/identity, and knowing that she's the Leading Lady of the show, I can't object to her wanting the wardrobe people to respect her preferences for certain clothing styles, but I still think there should be a happy middle ground.

What rumors?

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I, for one, find her relationship with Spike especially frustrating...

8aebc57c568a4edf79d78fe5e55d33ef.gif

Fucking hell, that's who she reminds me of! Thank you! It's mostly their weird mouths lol.

• Love 3

Eli/Lani's wedding drove home what blank slates both characters are. All these years we know very little about them and yet I'm supposed to care about this wedding? I mean congrats to their fans but like most things on this show I find.. lacking.

Eli could be salvaged with a decent love interest and a backstory but he's stuck with Lani oh well.

As usual I'm just glad JJ is not involved in any of this. I'm sure if he were still on the show he'd be the only person under 50 at this wedding as a guest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

You know what it is pathetic. Eli said they were having a small ceremony and that they only invited close friends. By my check, Eli's mom and mentor (who is dating Val and wasn't really invited), Abe, Julie, Lani's mom and Marlena who was performing the ceremony. That's it. No one under the age of 60 (well the actress that plays Val is 57).

I never thought of this until you said it.  Literally, the only people invited were relatives i.e parents and one set of grandparents.  There were no friends invited at all.  Supposedly Rafe is Eli's best friend and he wasn't invited and Lani obviously has no friends.  That's pretty pathetic that they write people in such tiny bubbles that they never interact with anyone outside of their bubble.  So who were all the napkins for?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I tried to ff all things elani today but i  stopped too soon and heard Kristan say her and Lani are friends for life like they are teens. Kristan had no time for Lani and her take-down Gabi plan and has not thought about her in months. This friendship only exist when Kristan needs something. Lani really needs to shutup about Gabi if this is who she will get friends with. Kristan has done far worse and her reach has been far greater than Gabi's.

I also saw a little of Julie/Abe/Tamara and i wasn't sure if Julie was annoyed with Abes napkin folding or the cupids arrows were flying around her head and she was planning on setting Abe and Tamara up. Tamara's fall was.....not good.

Chads only purpose today was to once again be smug. Why won't they just let the character go since they clearly have no use for him? I liked Gabi getting to rub his face in it, but I really don't want this scene to pickup tomorrow.

Also, the board would not give Gabi her company because it was profitable but i have seen that paper on the door of Gabichic for a while and Chad confirmed that it is locked down. Why is it not open for business? Did they keep the company just to spite someone who was a good CEO? The board has no reason to hate Gabi and they definitely shouldn't let a great revenue stream go to waste just because Chad is a pissy baby. This is just another reason Chad sucks as CEO.

Maybe its because i am just not into Jake but i dislike his scenes with Gwen. I also dislike how she acts when she is around him and all that lip biting she keeps doing. I hope they are going to do something interesting with her soon. She checked herself into a mental institution because she claims her ex was a stalker or something, yet she has been begging him to take her back since she came to town. The only way her introduction will make sense, is if it turns out she went there specifically for Claire and is out to get John or Marlena, heck even Ben would work. Maybe she is elephant girls sister and she planned to use Claire's relationship with Ciara to exact her revenge. Otherwise it makes no sense and I can't think of any Jake related reason for her to do that. I prefer revenge because she is better in scenes with Claire than Jake.

I wanted to watch the Brady/Marlena scenes but I have come to greatly dislike his character and wish he was going on the trip with Potato Chip. He can return after 13 months.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

This shows just how little this show has written for them and friendships in general. Even when Abby was better, i don't think her and Lani did much together. Kristan and Lani are suppose to be friends, but how many times have they even hung out? Kristan spent most of her time with Brady and Nicole. And Lani spent most of her time whining about Gabi and Eli and then hopping in bed with Eli. Sarah is also lacking in the friend department but for some reason the show didn't see fit to make her and Lani friends. They both need sounding boards that are not the men they sleep with or their doctor. Lets not even get started on how Ciara picked Claire for her MOH in part because she has no one else to pick.

Friendships used to matter on this show. And they were real not whatever is happening with Lani/Kristan

• Love 7

I haven't bought a Kristen friendship since she was friends with Jennifer in 2012-2013(although they really shouldn't have been friends at that point tbh but it worked based on past history of the trio of her, Jennifer, and Billie) 

JER had his issues and pretty much altered the course of the show to the point we see Ron try to duplicate this in such a pathetic manner. He wrote family connections, friendships, and romance despite the outlandish things that went with it.  Course he also had a budget to work with so we could get lost in the glossiness of it all despite some of the less than stellar stories.

Today's version of Days doesn't even have that type of escapism anymore.

• Love 5
(edited)

Marlena looks more matronly and prickly with every passing day. I can't remember the last time I saw her in an outfit that actually seemed delicate and comfortable and feminine and happy. Her collar is practically up to her chin! Having heard lots of rumours about Deidre's personal life/identity, and knowing that she's the Leading Lady of the show, I can't object to her wanting the wardrobe people to respect her preferences for certain clothing styles, but I still think there should be a happy middle ground. I feel like at some point when I started re-watching again back in 2012 they just completely gave up on putting her in anything other than a blazer or leather jacket. If it makes her happy, fine, but it really clashes with the Marlena character we've seen and how she dressed for the decades prior. She used to wear blouses and sweaters and skirts and more traditionally glamorous looks. Julie is older than she is but always wears clothes that are kind of feminine and flattering. There's such a harshness to Marlena. Kate wears trousers and blazers a lot of the time too, but there's a lot of Lauran's personal style in there and it adds colour and variety. Marlena just looks like she's always on the job at a board meeting. Maybe she and Sonny shop at the same store now? LOL 

Marlena was styled much better back in the day when the show had a budget.  Her elegance and sophistication was what drew Roman to her in their original love story..

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eli/Lani's wedding drove home what blank slates both characters are. All these years we know very little about them and yet I'm supposed to care about this wedding? I mean congrats to their fans but like most things on this show I find.. lacking.

Eli could be salvaged with a decent love interest and a backstory but he's stuck with Lani oh well.

As usual I'm just glad JJ is not involved in any of this. I'm sure if he were still on the show he'd be the only person under 50 at this wedding as a guest.

Eli/Lani are boring and they are a younger version of Abe/Lexie.  The show has no interest in them. Lani should have been a bad girl obsessed with Shawn-Douglas and targeting Belle for his affections. She did not need to be Abe's daughter. Eli should have been given a wonderful story where he reunited with his dad David.. He should have been the catalyst for David and Valerie to get a second chance at love.. I would have loved to have seen Julie deal with David, their complicated dynamic and how that relates to Eli and Valerie..

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I enjoyed the Lani and Kristen scenes. It shows a different side of Kristen. She does have a heart.

I enjoy them because I am sure they want to fuck.

But seriously, I do get similar vibes from her scenes with Lani that I do with her scenes with Brady.  There's an obsession there and I don't know how much it's about heart and how much of it is about possessing a lover, a friend and a baby.

• Love 4

I disagree that the "friendship" between Kristen and Lani shows that Kristen has a heart. She is a total narcissist and is incapable of being a friend. So, she just turns up at Lani's apartment to surprise her, but totally expects her to again hide her and not tell anyone that she is in town. That puts Lani at risk for losing her job (yes, please), but came because she wanted to. She also is making Lani start her marriage making a decision to either tell Eli and put him in a bad place to decide whether or not to forget it again or not tell him and start their wedded bliss holding another secret. No, Kristen doesn't think of anyone but herself and she has no heart.

• Love 9

I hope we see more of the smug being wiped off of Chad's face. 

The Gabi/Gwen catfight was hilariously bad until they showed Jake's expression.

Holy crap Julie is freaking annoying.

I understand the significance of Lani/Eli's wedding. Part of me is happy to see a black couple getting married on here, but they are too boring for me to care. Though you would think for such a milestone DAYS would have spent a little more money.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Though you would think for such a milestone DAYS would have spent a little more money.

Those days [spending money] for all soaps is basically GONE. Yes, I have read that The Bold and the Beautiful apparently sometimes still shoots on location, but I would not doubt it is funded by the location/destination in part with the Bell family.

No one has the budget to do much of anything now. The last great era for that was the 1980s and I don't think it's coming back.

• Love 1

Lani or Eli don't have any friends or anything? Just their parent(s) and grandmother? Even Grandpa Doug did not attend.

They don't really seem to have personalities or interests. What do they see in each other? I didn't care for Lani's two piece dress. Thought Gabi's blue dress was quite chic.

What is Chad's purpose except to be smug? No one in Salem seems to actually investigate a crime. Let's just charge Gabi even though we have zero evidence that she did anything.

Why does Gwen want her ex Jake or re-want him. I find the lip biting and such also annoying.

Julie can't hire someone to fold the napkins right? My relatives use paper towels! There are only about 6 people there. Why do they need so many napkins?

Don't know if Kristen is actually a friend, wants a romance with Lani, or what. Are there that many nuns in Salem? None of these buildings have elevators or anything - and only one elevator so you would see someone in the hall?

Wonder what's wrong with Lani's mom.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Wonder what's wrong with Lani's mom.

She has the dullest daughter in the world and the proximity of being near Lani caused to fall into a stupor/faint.

• LOL 13
5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I enjoyed the Lani and Kristen scenes. It shows a different side of Kristen. She does have a heart.

So did I.  I'm always a sucker for a redemption story. I remember the great woman Kristen was back in the day when she first came to Salem.  However her praising of Lani was a bit over the top.  

I do also hope we get more scenes of her with Brady and their daughter.  

• Love 2

I wish they’d stop pairing Val (Vanessa Williams) with these old men.  First Abe and now Billy Davis Jr.  C’mon, Val is a sexy woman who does not look her age of late 50s.  Can we pair her with someone that doesn’t look like her dad?  I know there are budget issues, the nod to real life couple Marilyn and Billy and that none of them will be there long but Val deserves better.  Abe is 73 and Billy is 82. 

And no one has mentioned Theo.  Not his father nor his sister.  Why can’t he come back for an episode or two?  So many others are coming back for this or that.  I’d love to see the actor again.    

Lastly, when was the last time DAYS had a non-drama filled wedding?  I guess that’s the running joke nowadays.  Will Eric & Nicole make it w/o something happening?  I’m positive Kayla & Justin won’t make it to the end of the ceremony.  If it gets that far. 

• Love 5

Just wanted to add that weren't Jonah and Wendy the first black couple on Days to get married? 

They haven't been around forever but I believe they were the first since Abe and Lexie were married off screen. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Sarah is also lacking in the friend department but for some reason the show didn't see fit to make her and Lani friends. 

Please no! I'm trying to start liking Sarah again and putting her in scenes with Lani would completely ruin that!

12 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I hope we see more of the smug being wiped off of Chad's face. 

It's so fun!

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

She has the dullest daughter in the world and the proximity of being near Lani caused to fall into a stupor/faint.

Wow, perfect.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, Julie.  That's probably why Doug wasn't feeling so great today - he didn't want to spend the entire day being treated like a rather incompetent servant.

I bet Doug was home, bitterly regretting his life choices and wishing he'd followed through on pushing Julie overboard on their last cruise.  And, probably putting hot pepper flakes in her underwear drawer.

It was nice to hear Abe tell Julie to shut it but if he really wanted to help make the wedding special he should have locked her in the freezer.

16 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I bet she has a whole drawer-ful of hearts that's she's ripped out over the years.  They're her midnight snacks.

I ff'd through most everything but did I hear right that Kristen left the baby at the convent?  So this cloistered order of nuns now is running a day care?  And is she still stealing clothes from them?  

The woman is a saint, I tell ya, a SAINT!

Poor Eli, gloom, doom and utter boredom will be his life sentence after he says "yes".

I don't care who does it, but I would really like someone to do this

giphy.gif

to Gwen.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 6/24/2020 at 10:45 PM, Frozendiva said:

Sonny and Will, just because your spouse's sister is having an unwanted child, does not mean you automatically get it. There are a lot of boundary issues with raising your own niece or nephew. Better someone at a distance.

"Distance, in this town? 'Adopted by uncle' doesn't seem so bad to me. My wicked stepmother is my sister." -- Hope, rolling her eyes.

(Though Sonny and Will do seem to be thinking "insta-adoption" in a way that makes them seem weirdly entitled.) 

• Love 5
(edited)

I need to clarify--I was joking that Kristen left the baby at the convent, apparently Rachel has been left was a friend Kristen trusts--no name was mentioned--but I wouldn't put it past her though, because Kristen would think the nuns owe her something.  I find it very disconcerting when Kristen talks about Rachel, like Rachel is the perfect embodiment of all that is good in the world, when she's actually a normal, fallible little girl.

I did like Gabi's pointing out to Chad that she has created and run her own successful company whereas all of Princess Abs' jobs have been handed to her by loved ones--her mom, her husband and her dad. Truth hurts, don't it

In typical Lani fashion, she talks big about how she holds grudges and Gabi better not ruin her day but when Gabi walks into the wedding, Lani looked like she was about to be overcome with a case of the vapors. And now Vivian has made her appearance--rip her apart Viv 🙂

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12

Didn't Gabi create that company with blood money her father provided for her? 

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in Salem that didn't depend on nepotism or favors at some point. I would say Jennifer when she started at the Spectator fresh out of college working for Jack. 

There might have been others but that's the one that stands out to me. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Just wanted to add that weren't Jonah and Wendy the first black couple on Days to get married? 

They haven't been around forever but I believe they were the first since Abe and Lexie were married off screen. 

Nope they dated but they both totally disappeared from the show with very little explanation.

Eli/Lani were the first for an onscreen wedding which is unfortunate it took this long and they're not that good a couple either.

I rather have seen Jonah/Wendy get married on screen I found them sweet in the limited airtime they received although their existence was used to facilitate the date rape drug Sami used on Austin as they're the ones who let her know this existed.

1 minute ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Even in victory, Gabi acts smug. I hated her attitude. I hope she goes.

While I appreciate Gabi isn't fake crying I still don't find her to be this "bad bitch" the show wants me to see her as. Although her wardrobe is actually up to par for that type of role.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, A.J. said:

I wish they’d stop pairing Val (Vanessa Williams) with these old men.  First Abe and now Billy Davis Jr.  C’mon, Val is a sexy woman who does not look her age of late 50s.  Can we pair her with someone that doesn’t look like her dad?  I know there are budget issues, the nod to real life couple Marilyn and Billy and that none of them will be there long but Val deserves better.  Abe is 73 and Billy is 82. 

And no one has mentioned Theo.  Not his father nor his sister.  Why can’t he come back for an episode or two?  So many others are coming back for this or that.  I’d love to see the actor again.    

Lastly, when was the last time DAYS had a non-drama filled wedding?  I guess that’s the running joke nowadays.  Will Eric & Nicole make it w/o something happening?  I’m positive Kayla & Justin won’t make it to the end of the ceremony.  If it gets that far. 

Jarlena when they got married at the HTS on the show's anniversary November 8th. 

I guess there was also Chad/Abby in the Horton Living Room in Feb 2019 sure Jack interrupted but I wouldn't call that dramatic.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Marlena was styled much better back in the day when the show had a budget.  Her elegance and sophistication was what drew Roman to her in their original love story..

Eli/Lani are boring and they are a younger version of Abe/Lexie.  The show has no interest in them. Lani should have been a bad girl obsessed with Shawn-Douglas and targeting Belle for his affections. She did not need to be Abe's daughter. Eli should have been given a wonderful story where he reunited with his dad David.. He should have been the catalyst for David and Valerie to get a second chance at love.. I would have loved to have seen Julie deal with David, their complicated dynamic and how that relates to Eli and Valerie..

All this would be much better  Lani was much better when she was a sex obsessed nut who was fixated on Shawn before they dropped it and reunited him with Belle and she was written out until she was brought back to break up JJ/Gabi.  I agree she didn't need to be Abe's daughter its not like that would get me to like her either. She could've been Lexie's daughter that gave her up and came to town to find her only to learn she died but her and Abe bonded like father/daughter. Tamara keeping Lani from Abe doesn't make her look good considering Abe isn't like Stefano or his ilk where I'd understand why she would keep something like this from him. 

I also like your Eli scenario at least this would give me a reason to care for him just don't make him a Horton male and do nothing with it. Then again is par for the course and he's double cursed he's a Horton male and black so its not going to get better storywise. 

They just throw people together and expect us to care when its the journey that made it worthwhile in the first place for fans to invest in characters.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Didn't Gabi create that company with blood money her father provided for her? 

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in Salem that didn't depend on nepotism or favors at some point. I would say Jennifer when she started at the Spectator fresh out of college working for Jack. 

There might have been others but that's the one that stands out to me. 

Yes, Gabi was able to create GabiChic because of the money her dad gave her from his ill gotten gains and then Gabi took that and made it into success.  Abs gets handed her jobs and then sort of doesn't seem to actually do them anymore and no one mentions it to her either.  I think that's the main difference in Salem nepotism.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Yes, Gabi was able to create GabiChic because of the money her dad gave her from his ill gotten gains and then Gabi took that and made it into success.  Abs gets handed her jobs and then sort of doesn't seem to actually do them anymore and no one mentions it to her either.  I think that's the main difference in Salem nepotism.

It's OK when a Horton does it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5