Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, boes said:

So one of the Three Stooges - Ciara, Ben or Jake, don't remember which one, said they were lucky that Victor had an old copy of the book they could use.

That book was as "old" as someone 's last visit to Costco, where you can pick up one from their classics collection that looks just like it for 3.99.

I thought it looked like a fairly new Eaton Press edition. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, boes said:

So one of the Three Stooges - Ciara, Ben or Jake, don't remember which one, said they were lucky that Victor had an old copy of the book they could use.

That book was as "old" as someone 's last visit to Costco, where you can pick up one from their classics collection that looks just like it for 3.99.

I think I have a version of Heidi - from the 1920s.

• Love 2
(edited)

So I don't know what was more awesome in today's episode:  Lani's deadpanned delivery of "I said, it's always better when I lie down" as code to Gabi to elbow the bad guy so she could shoot him, or Ben's "Everyone's safe, at least everyone on our side" thereby totally dismissing the two bad guys Eli and Lani shot when they busted in.

I did like Claire's very earnest "I'm trying to do better" to Marlena when Mar was about to give her a very stern lecture--honestly, what was Claire supposed to do when Gwen showed up, leave her outside to wander Salem with a mob book in her hand?

I also loved Claire's "We know this insane doctor" but then she stopped trying to explain after she realized just how bizarre Dr. Rolf's actions truly are. and trying to explain to an outsider?  Good luck 🙂

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So I don't know what was more awesome in today's episode:  Lani's deadpanned delivery of "I said, it's always better when I lie down" as code to Gabi to elbow the bad guy so she could shoot him, or Ben's "Everyone's safe, at least everyone on our side" thereby totally dismissing the two bad guys Eli and Lani shot when they busted in.

I did like Claire's very earnest "I'm trying to do better" to Marlena when Mar was about to give her a very stern lecture--honestly, what was Claire supposed to do when Gwen showed up, leave her outside to wonder Salem with a mob book in her hand?

I also loved Claire's "We know this insane doctor" but then she stopped trying to explain after she realized just how bizarre Dr. Rolf's actions truly are. and trying to explain to an outsider?  Good luck 🙂

Yes, Eli & Lani were truly the "Keystone Kops" in this episode!  Good Grief, I was laughing in that whole "dramatic" rescue Gabi scene.  And Lani saying she is going to puke: like that would stop the bad guys!   And yes, I was LOL at Claire saying "we know a crazy doctor"!   Sarah & Brady's 'misadventure" in the bedroom was 'cringey".  But, I did like Xander's sincere gesture to Sarah, Sarah has never really had a chance to grieve for her dead baby, so that was good that Sarah could cry it out. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

"Everyone's safe, at least everyone on our side" thereby totally dismissing the two bad guys Eli and Lani shot when they busted in.

There was a 3rd bad guy - the one who brought Ben and Jake in.  What happened to him?

• Useful 2
(edited)

I love Xander calling Jake "fake Stefan".

The whole fight over the book was hilarious.

Well that's your problem, Brady, you wanted to stick it to Xander but you were trying to stick it to Sarah.

Ooh, Marlena taking Claire to task.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Ooh, Marlena taking Claire to task.

I REALLY hate that everyone is side-eyeing Claire - especially Marlena.  She, of all people, should know that Claire deserves a chance to prove herself first.  No more "sneaking out"?  What is she twelve and violated her curfew?  They're going to SAY she isn't under lock and key but monitor her every move?  To tell a young adult that they must announce that they are leaving and exactly where they are going every single time they walk out the door is beyond ludicrous.  And while Claire knew that Gwen was being sought, she actually did the right thing by talking to her alone and convincing her to help.  If things had gone south and Gwen had run away she could have still told John and Marlena.  The situation would have been no worse than if Claire had refused her entry (or called John) and Gwen would have bolted - unless show is going to somehow try to convince us that geriatric John was going to outrun a young person - with a headstart.  So having a visitor without express permission is also forbidden?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So, is it me or is anyone else who watched Brandon Barash back when he was on GH getting major Johnny Zacchara vibes? I felt it when he first came on as Jake but holy crap! These last few days its actually distracting. I'm a huge BB fan so not a knock against him but yeah I went from trying to figure if he's Jake or Stefan to trying to separate Jake from JohnnyZ.

• Love 3

Sarah's eyebrows offend me. I fast forwarded every scene she was in yet they still assaulted my eyes.

The Ben/Ciara/Jake/Xander scenes were great. Please get Xander out of this Sarah/Brady hell! 

The rescue scenes were terrible in the most fun way possible so I enjoyed them. Ditto all the scenes of Lani/Eli being the worst cops to ever exist.

I continue to like the Claire and Gwen friendship. I hope they're both not thrown under the bus for Ben/Ciara and/or Jake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

So, is it me or is anyone else who watched Brandon Barash back when he was on GH getting major Johnny Zacchara vibes? I felt it when he first came on as Jake but holy crap! These last few days its actually distracting. I'm a huge BB fan so not a knock against him but yeah I went from trying to figure if he's Jake or Stefan to trying to separate Jake from JohnnyZ.

Well Ron used to write GH so this isn't surprising they don't call him ReRon for nothing.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Writers don't get to choose accent/performance choices so this is not on Ron.

True but they write similiar stories they did on other soaps and think the audience won't notice how this is going to go.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

True but they write similiar stories they did on other soaps and think the audience won't notice how this is going to go.

All writers do that? Sure.  But I didn't think story was what made people associate Jake with Johnny.

And I don't think writers think we won't notice.  Stories have been told over and over and over again, especially in soaps given how much content has to be put out.  Star-crossed love, murders, kidnappings, common tropes are part of the genre which many find comforting. 

It's why execution, rather than "this has been told before" is what frustrates me. 

• Love 6

Is there a peephole at the John/Marlena condo? Seems like anyone and everyone has access to their home and drops by unannounced all the time. I would just let the person pound on the door and not answer it.

Good for Marlena for telling Claire that she cannot bring in folks to her home. She is a guest there. Threatening to send her home to her parents didn't go well.

Of course, the book is altered. The Scooby Gang thought it might buy some time. But of course, the cell phone always rings at the wrong time.

Nice way for Gabi to find out Lani is preggers. The Keystone Kops kame to the rescue - suuuure, there is backup. Just the two cops on 'surveillance'.

No interest in Brady and Sarah.

Xander did a good thing with the gravestone. Too bad he can't get himself a better storyline - he probably had fun with Ben and Ciara and Jake.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm pretty sure I was paying attention during the part of the show where they were trying to get the book away from Xander in the living room and then abruptly cut to them having him pinned on the floor in the foyer. But in the trailer for this week's episodes, it showed them actually jumping on him in the foyer before successfully pinning him to the ground. So did they cut that scene from the show today...or did they jump him before they went into the living room and then left again? I'm a bit confused about that.

I actually kind of liked today's episode. Claire and Gwen and Ciara at the penthouse was nice because it's characters we haven't seen together for a long time so that made it feel fresh. I can't believe how much anger Marlena is throwing at her granddaughter given the nothing she has tossed Ben's way. She really looked at Claire like she's Stefano. I don't even remember Marlena looking at Sami with so much hate and suspicion. Very irritating.

But I had fun with the weird way Gabi found out that Lani was pregnant, and Xander being harangued over the stupid book, which was also amusingly staged.

My big disappointment in the episode was Paul Telfer, who I felt got really great material and didn't rise to the occasion. He kind of rushed it. It's strange, but I kept thinking about Tom Eplin from Another World, who also played a cad who was eventually reformed. You always felt the rage within Jake but over time you saw him controlling it, wrestling with it and trying very, very hard to express genuine remorse, compassion and love to those around him. I think if Telfer had been able to sell us today on the depths of Xander's epiphany about exactly what he had done and why it was wrong, he would have really broken through that last barrier that's holding him back as an actor. Instead, the graveyard scene and the apology to Brady both felt kind of awkward to me. I'm not saying Telfer wasn't acting at all, just that he wasn't feeling it and making it real for me as an audience member. I don't believe Xander really gets it and I don't believe Xander's a better man now who will make a stronger effort to change. It's a shame because I would really like to see his character evolve into a better man...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/18/2020 at 1:05 AM, TenaciousWarrior said:

And Chloe had more chemistry with Daniel than she did with Philip or Brady. 

Totally disagree . Nadia only had blazing chemistry with Jay Johnson and Kyle Lowder. Think she and Martsolf have enough adequate chemistry to work as a pairing. 

Daniel and Chloe had zero chemistry despite TIIC going to absurd lengths to present them as this "hot "couple. Their absurd 6 minute love -making scene  was pretty flat despite both actors being attractive people . Didnt even feel hot and bothered at all . I was like ,"thats it?"

The only actress Shawn Christian had chemistry with is Eileen Davidson. Thats it   . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
(edited)

Claire,please burn that damn wedding down. Burn it down to the ground.  

Enlist Gabrielle Pascale ,Wendy and Serena's relatives and burn that farce of a wedding . 

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

they just don't know what to do with Eli and Lani...which is a shame since the characters have so much potential. 

Or perhaps they kept on to fulfill the roles Abe and Lexie played after Melaswen . The roles of token characters. Despite Lexie being a DiMera and Eli a Horton. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It's why execution, rather than "this has been told before" is what frustrates me. 

I think it's also the fact the Ron recycles a story about 5 seconds after he did it. Maybe give it like a few months, Ron!

10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

My big disappointment in the episode was Paul Telfer, who I felt got really great material and didn't rise to the occasion. He kind of rushed it. It's strange, but I kept thinking about Tom Eplin from Another World, who also played a cad who was eventually reformed. You always felt the rage within Jake but over time you saw him controlling it, wrestling with it and trying very, very hard to express genuine remorse, compassion and love to those around him. I think if Telfer had been able to sell us today on the depths of Xander's epiphany about exactly what he had done and why it was wrong, he would have really broken through that last barrier that's holding him back as an actor. Instead, the graveyard scene and the apology to Brady both felt kind of awkward to me. I'm not saying Telfer wasn't acting at all, just that he wasn't feeling it and making it real for me as an audience member. I don't believe Xander really gets it and I don't believe Xander's a better man now who will make a stronger effort to change. It's a shame because I would really like to see his character evolve into a better man...

This! PT was such a joy in the scenes with Ben/Ciara/Jake but imo he is just incapable of playing much else. And that's fine! Let him play what he's good at for fuck's sake!

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

YMMV I found Paul Telfer very effective in his scenes yesterday with Sarah and Brady, but particularly with Brady

I thought so, too.  He was lowkey and that worked for me.  

It was pretty ridiculous watching Ciara, Ben and Jake fighting over a book though, since it stretches credulity to imagine that any of them have actually read one.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

YMMV I found Paul Telfer very effective in his scenes yesterday with Sarah and Brady, but particularly with Brady

I did as well--I thought he was going for some naturalism, rather than heavy sudsy emotion. And c'mon, those gravestone tropes invite scenery chewing, which PT avoided.

22 minutes ago, boes said:

I thought so, too.  He was lowkey and that worked for me.  

It was pretty ridiculous watching Ciara, Ben and Jake fighting over a book though, since it stretches credulity to imagine that any of them have actually read one.

Well, of course. Ciara was working out how to look up the Cliff's Notes to find out who Raskolnikov was. And Ben thought it was a true crime story with a fancy cover. And it's all just about as likely as imagining Sonny reading Notes from the Underground, which is at least pretty short.

Ciara's sense of time and the urgency of other people's situations are also pretty far down the abyss that is her character. Example? "Ben, I wanna go!" [lather, rinse, repeat], then lengthy smoochies as the Gabi, Gwen, and Gangsta Deadline plotline speeds to a finale.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, pearlite said:

I did as well--I thought he was going for some naturalism, rather than heavy sudsy emotion. And c'mon, those gravestone tropes invite scenery chewing, which PT avoided.

I prefer low key acting; he felt heartfelt, particularly to Brady.

Sarah did enough scenery chewing as usual,one of the pair of them needs to go the other way

• Love 5
(edited)

I really need for Nicole to stop trash talking Sami to Allie. Or have anything to do with Sami 's kids other than be their uncles wife. 

Also, can people stop assuming they know Allie better than her damn parents? You all havent seen her in years. Maybe just maybe they KNOW Allie needs help because they've dealt with her?

Edited by Jewlmc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This! PT was such a joy in the scenes with Ben/Ciara/Jake but imo he is just incapable of playing much else. And that's fine! Let him play what he's good at for fuck's sake!

They all worked so well together. There was a great twitter exchange between PT, BB and RSW. Sounds like all of them loved doing that scene!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jewlmc said:

I really need for Nicole to stop trash talking Sami to Allie. Or have anything to do with Sami 's kids other than be their uncles wife. 

Also, can people stop assuming they know Allie better than her damn parents? You all havent seen her in years. Maybe just maybe they KNOW Allie needs help because they've dealt with her?

This x a million!  I admit, I like Sami  but the fact that even KRISTEN gets people to apologize for her and feel sympathy for her when all ANYONE does is trash Sami really irritates me.  Yes, she's impulsive and headstrong, but acting like she is incapable of human emotion, decency and even a modicum of control is just ridiculous.

And Lucas is right, if Allie wants him to treat her like an adult she should act like one.  Running away using Grandma's money hardly demonstrates that fact.  She's only been demonstrating rash, childish behavior.  Especially since she was simply going to run away again with no plan in sight.  Nicole SHOULD have told her that while she and Eric would support her and help her, as an adult she needed to talk to her parents in a reasonable manner and convince them they didn't need to take over.  At least reassure them that you are trying to think of the consequences.  

And WHEN will SOMEONE point out that father's have rights?  No, they don't get to decide what you can do with your body, but if you have a child, unless they sign away their rights, they DO get a say in whether or not that child is adopted.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The scenes I enjoyed the most today were with Gabi, Will & Sonny.  I was LOL at Will & Sonny doing what they could to convince Gabi she needed to be in court!  And she was not listening, she just wanted to get to the Lab to get the DNA test.  The back & forth was humorous, "2 Dads & a Crazy Mom" 🙂  And I always enjoy Gabi with her brother, Rafe...they seem like real siblings. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Who ?

A love interest of Chris Kositchek's years ago(played by Josh Taylor the current Roman) they were pretty hot. She was played by Shannon Tweed.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The scenes I enjoyed the most today were with Gabi, Will & Sonny.  I was LOL at Will & Sonny doing what they could to convince Gabi she needed to be in court!  And she was not listening, she just wanted to get to the Lab to get the DNA test.  The back & forth was humorous, "2 Dads & a Crazy Mom" 🙂  And I always enjoy Gabi with her brother, Rafe...they seem like real siblings. 

I agree that the best moments in today's episode where Gabi's scenes with Will and Sonny, I especially loved their exasperation with her non-worry about her court date and then she was wonderfully kind and caring with her brother when she found out he lost custody of David,

I like Jake but his scenes with Gwen freaked me out in that he seemed like the abused husband to a violently psychotic wife.  The dynamics of their relationship seem massively sketchy to me.

I also liked how Nicole was very calm in dealing with Allie's drama but again, I don't appreciate this strange attitude that Sami can't know about her daughter's pregnancy because she won't understand.  Makes no damn sense and of course the identity of the father of Allie's baby is going to be dragged out.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I also liked how Nicole was very calm in dealing with Allie's drama but again, I don't appreciate this strange attitude that Sami can't know about her daughter's pregnancy because she won't understand.  Makes no damn sense and of course the identity of the father of Allie's baby is going to be dragged out.

Sami of all people would understand Allie's situation as she was a teen mom who chose to raise Will and then later on as Will's mom when she fought like hell on his behalf when Nick blackmailed him into giving up his rights to Ari when he was about 18-19.

• Love 9

Yeah as much as I don't care for Sami even I don't buy she wouldn't be somewhat understanding about this particular scenario this is just to drum  up drama between Sami/Nicole which I normally would be cool with but this is so contrived.

Nicole being calm makes sense though because well she did porn as a child so this is nothing to her and well its not her kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I like Jake but his scenes with Gwen freaked me out in that he seemed like the abused husband to a violently psychotic wife. 

Of course.

I ended up fast forwarding most of this ep. I don't know, just wasn't feeling it today I guess lol.

I watched bits of the Allie stuff but that story is already starting to work my last nerve so it's probably best I just avoid it. If they really wanted to go this route they should have made Allie a teen. Watching this with a presumably at least 22 year old makes it 10 times more annoying.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Of course.

I ended up fast forwarding most of this ep. I don't know, just wasn't feeling it today I guess lol.

I watched bits of the Allie stuff but that story is already starting to work my last nerve so it's probably best I just avoid it. If they really wanted to go this route they should have made Allie a teen. Watching this with a presumably at least 22 year old makes it 10 times more annoying.

I agree I mean she's older than Will and Lumi were when they became parents so her being scared of their reaction because she's young seems laughable because of this.

Now if she were 16 or didn't have the means to take care of a child that's another story.

• Love 7

Dear Gwen,

Please keep your hands away from your mouth.

Signed,

Dr. Faux-ci

I know this was filmed months ago, but I cringe when she starts nibbling on her fingers.

Also, are we supposed to care what happens to her, because I don't.

Add my name to the list of those that would appreciate it if Nicole would can it with the Sami bashing.

I usually can't stand Lucas, but he was dead on when he told Allie to start acting like an adult if she wanted to be treated like one. I'm also over her.

#crankytonight  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

I enjoyed the Nicole and Allie scenes. I thought they were nice and I’m glad to see Nicole talking some sense to her about running away. AZ and Lindsay have a nice chemistry. Of course Sami will be mad when she comes back, because Nicole didn’t call and tell her about Allie’s pregnancy. Sami should be madder at Lucas, not Nicole. Allie is an adult and if she doesn’t want Sami to know, it’s her business. It’s not Nicole’s place to tell her.

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Love 4

Allie is not a 15-17 year old girl. And unlike a lot of girls her age, she has access to extensive resources to help her - family resources, financial resources, etc. It is not up to Nicole to call up her mom and notify Sami that her daughter is pregnant. That is up to Lucas, with Allie's permission. She also can't just give the baby up for adoption, unless she gives the father's name as unknown or he signs away his rights. He does have to know about this and everyone needs to have an objective, adult conversation about this. Nicole is trying to be helpful and mature and is probably trying to talk to Allie as an unwilling adult.

I don't know about Jake and Gwen. They do have a lot of chemistry. Where is she getting her wardrobe from? Borrowing clothes from Claire? She packed a bag and left it at the bus station to pick up the next day? Give him the stupid book and be rid of him.

Nice of Gabi to console her older brother about losing custody of David.

Hi Chad. Hope you enjoyed your short vacation.

• Love 4
(edited)
51 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I enjoyed the Nicole and Allie scenes. I thought they were nice and I’m glad to see Nicole talking some sense to her about running away. AZ and Lindsay have a nice chemistry. Of course Sami will be mad when she comes back, because Nicole didn’t call and tell her about Allie’s pregnancy. Sami should be madder at Lucas, not Nicole. Allie is an adult and if she doesn’t want Sami to know, it’s her business. It’s not Nicole’s place to tell her.

Allie is acting like a 16 year old and it is annoying. Granted there are people in their 20's who act like teens. Everything about Allie is so contrived and I am just not impressed. I do like that the actress looks like she is related to Deidre Hall.. I love that Marlena's descendants all resemble her in some way..I am curious to see Sydney and Johnny at some point..

If the show wanted Nicole and Sami to be at odds over her kids then Sydney should have come back as a pregnant 16 year old and not Allie in my opinion.. Allie should have come back after Will was murdered and Ciara was aged.. Bad girl Ciara and  good girl Allie should have been fighting over Chase..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Allie is acting like a 16 year old and it is annoying. Granted there are people in their 20's who act like teens. Everything about Allie is so contrived and I am just not impressed. I do like that the actress looks like she is related to Deidre Hall.. I love that Marlena's descendants all resemble her in some way..I am curious to see Sydney and Johnny at some point..

I think the actress looks like what Ali Sweeney did when she first appeared on the show. 
Anyway, I don’t have a problem with Allie. Maybe it’s because I’m not a Sami super fan. I’m enjoying her getting a taste of her own medicine.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I think the actress looks like what Ali Sweeney did when she first appeared on the show. 
Anyway, I don’t have a problem with Allie. Maybe it’s because I’m not a Sami super fan. I’m enjoying her getting a taste of her own medicine.

I don't have a problem with Allie giving Sami hell but I wish it was because they clashed due to Allie being a good girl and Sami being Sami.. Allie being like Marlena and Carrie would have been karma for Sami..

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Yes I always wanted Allie good and Ciara bad instead we got the opposite and does neither character any favors tbh. 

I also think Allie being 22 with this story  keeps me from taking her seriously as a character. If she were 16 her actions would make way more sense.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also think Allie being 22 with this story  keeps me from taking her seriously as a character. If she were 16 her actions would make way more sense.

It’s hard to picture Allie as a college graduate. I wanted Allie to be the good daughter and Sydney a vixen. Sydney should be written in the mold of Kristen.

• Love 2

I think Nicole needs to STFU for several reasons.

• She kidnapped Ally's sister, Sidney.
  • She was once married to Ally's dad, and treated him like a piece of shit.
  • She framed Ally's aunt for attempting to murder Nicolle's already dead fetus.

She really doesn't have a role here, but she could be a good counsel to Ally, if she didn't bad mouth Ally's mother every five seconds.

And why doesn't Ally know about everything that Nicolle did to her mom and dad?

• Love 9
11 hours ago, lb60 said:

Dear Gwen,

Please keep your hands away from your mouth.

Signed,

Dr. Faux-ci

I know this was filmed months ago, but I cringe when she starts nibbling on her fingers.

Right! It makes me cringe so hard. When she was at Bayview her hands were near constantly in her mouth. Like I said before, if the show starts filming again they're gonna have to do it without her lol.

• Love 2