Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

This show needs to let go of Chabby for Gabi. It is boring and repetitive and i just don't buy that Gabi could be intimidated by Chad.

If the writers are not intending to write chad as a suspect in Abbys drugging, they need to talk to the actor about is acting choices.

Not only does Allie act like a child, but everyone treats her like a child and she now calls herself one. This makes it hard for me to understand why everyone is cool with Sami not knowing that her CHILD is pregnant and like Lucas is being unreasonable to be freaked out. He does need to cool it a bit. I hope they are not going the rape route with Allie. They also just did a story about Rafe loosing a child because they mother didn;t think the father mattered. Not interested in a repeat

Gabi does not give a single thought to Elani so it is weird when they talk about her. Lani is really missing Kristan more than her own brother?

There is no purpose to Jake and Gwen. I was not entertained by Gwen whining about an apology, nor do I care about these thugs after Jake.

I don't believe for one second that Victor has tea partys with Ali nor that she is learning embroidery fro Maggie. I also don't believe that victor lets her put pictures all over his fridge. This is the man that was going to let her dad rot in prison and let his favorite grandson mourn.

I didn't care for Will and Sonny coming to the conclusion that they could adopt Allies baby. .

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I didn't mind Ciara and Shawns scene. She is a lot better when her life does not revolve around Ben. What did annoy me is that the writers once again acknowledged that they have made him the center of her world but I am not confident that they will change that.

I do not understand the clothing choices for the young women on this show.

Is hobo-chic a style in England? i do not understand allies wardrobe. But at least it isn't hooker-chic from Gabi chic

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

This show needs to let go of Chabby for Gabi. It is boring and repetitive and i just don't buy that Gabi could be intimidated by Chad.

If the writers are not intending to write chad as a suspect in Abbys drugging, they need to talk to the actor about is acting choices.

Not only does Allie act like a child, but everyone treats her like a child and she now calls herself one. This makes it hard for me to understand why everyone is cool with Sami not knowing that her CHILD is pregnant and like Lucas is being unreasonable to be freaked out. He does need to cool it a bit. I hope they are not going the rape route with Allie. They also just did a story about Rafe loosing a child because they mother didn;t think the father mattered. Not interested in a repeat

Gabi does not give a single thought to Elani so it is weird when they talk about her. Lani is really missing Kristan more than her own brother?

There is no purpose to Jake and Gwen. I was not entertained by Gwen whining about an apology, nor do I care about these thugs after Jake.

I don't believe for one second that Victor has tea partys with Ali nor that she is learning embroidery fro Maggie. I also don't believe that victor lets her put pictures all over his fridge. This is the man that was going to let her dad rot in prison and let his favorite grandson mourn.

I didn't care for Will and Sonny coming to the conclusion that they could adopt Allies baby. .

No matter how you feel about Sami, she has every right to be pissed off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

She definitely wasn’t an ideal mother. I’m glad the show didn’t gloss over it.

Sami was never an ideal mother. I'd be a fool to argue otherwise. But the list of ideal mothers on this mothers on this show has one entry, I think: Alice Horton. Everybody else has made her share of terrible mistakes. But they're all loved, more or less. I don't ever remember the show having several people say, essentially, the fact that your mother is worried about where you are and whether you're safe is totally irrelevant, because she's a meanie buzzkill who wants you to make responsible choices.  

I mean, what the hell, Brady-Hortons? Y'all have lost your minds. I can't take this story seriously until someone says "You're going to call Sami and tell her you're safe." Lucas, Kate, Grandpa Jawn, Sonny, somebody. This Pariah Sami plot point is insultingly stupid. (Nobody had a problem with her dragging her kids around two continents looking for Reanimated Elvis, but now she's the most warped, toxic thing in the history of maternal feeling? Yeah, this whole storyline is horseshit.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Sami was never an ideal mother. I'd be fool to argue otherwise. But the list of ideal mothers on this mothers on this show has one entry, I think: Alice Horton. Everybody else has made her share of terrible mistakes. But they're all loved, more or less. I don't ever remember the show having several people say, essentially, the fact that your mother is worried about where you are and whether you're safe is totally irrelevant, because she's a meanie buzzkill who wants you to make responsible choices.  

I mean, what the hell, Brady-Hortons? Y'all have lost your minds. I can't take this story seriously until someone says "You're going to call Sami and tell her you're safe." Lucas, Kate, Grandpa Jawn, Sonny, somebody. This Pariah Sami plot point is insultingly stupid. (Nobody had a problem with her dragging her kids around two continents looking for Reanimated Elvis, but now she's the most warped, toxic thing in the history of maternal feeling? Yeah, this whole storyline is horseshit.)

I want to like this post about a billion times.  Allie keeps saying she's and adult and then threatens to run away unless everyone agrees "Don't tell my mother."  An ACTUAL adult would face up to the consequences of her actions.  If she doesn't want Sami to try and make decisions for her, she should show that she's capable of making good decisions on her own.  Sami has always been very protective of her kids and supports them in their decisions.  SHE was the one who kept insisting Will establish paternity of Ari so his rights wouldn't be taken away later (as Nick tried to do) - and yet people kept acting like SHE was somehow being unreasonable.  But apparently she doesn't even deserve the consideration of knowing her child is SAFE.

And yes, her taking her kids with her to look for EJ - how DARE she keep them around and expose them to foreign cities and culture.  If moving around from place to place is so horrible - every military parent in the world needs to be told that they are basically abusing their kids by exposing them to the world.  I guess Sami should have been like the GOOD parents and shipped them all off to boarding school so she would only have to see them a few times a year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Allie - why are you inventing drama around this pregnancy? Between your father, your grandparents, your mother and your stepfather, there are probably several hundreds of millions of dollars to help you continue your education and care for this child. I don't feel sorry for you at all - I feel sorry for this kid who's going to end up being adopted temporarily by someone else, just as Holly was, all because of some contrived nonsense. You are RICH. Sell your stupid Birkin bag (do people even buy those anymore?) and go buy a crib and some diapers instead. You will be fine. You are not disadvantaged in any way and you are absolutely fabricating drama at the behest of this head writer who really needs to re-examine his work.

Fucking this! 

13 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I did also like the Allie/Sonny/Will stuff but why is Sonny always dressed like he's going to the office? Does he have a job? Does Will have a job? If so, was it held for him in hopes he would return from the dead?

Right! When Will asked Allie if she had a job, I was like, do you?! I guess Will is still a reporter but Sonny for sure does not have a job.

I mean, at the end of the day none of them really need one because they live in their rich grandfather's house and they can just get money form any of their rich family members, but that's why it makes it hard to really sympathize with Allie in this situation.

4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

lol right! I can't decide if they're directing BF this way or it's just his general seething disinterest in everything he is ever given that's coming through.

I hope they are not going the rape route with Allie. 

It's Ron, so that's my guess. All I know is, I need them to just fucking say who the dad is already. It's not something that needs to be a mystery for months. I barely care now, I certainly won't later.

Lani is really missing Kristan more than her own brother?

When she was basically like, "Fuck Theo, I'm talking about Kristen!" I howled lol.

19 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

And yes, her taking her kids with her to look for EJ - how DARE she keep them around and expose them to foreign cities and culture.  If moving around from place to place is so horrible - every military parent in the world needs to be told that they are basically abusing their kids by exposing them to the world.  I guess Sami should have been like the GOOD parents and shipped them all off to boarding school so she would only have to see them a few times a year.

Thank you! I find that being one of the reasons Sami is 'the worst mother' ever very odd.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's Ron, so that's my guess. All I know is, I need them to just fucking say who the dad is already. It's not something that needs to be a mystery for months. I barely care now, I certainly won't later.

With our luck, and with Ron C. writing the show, it'll probably be on of the Ford Brothers.

• LOL 6
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They probably don't know yet and are trying to figure out who would be a dramatic reveal.  And someone that isn't related (hard for a Brady/Horton).  My vote would be that one of Sonny's brothers had a secret son and that's the father, and then the kid is double related to Sonny and Will.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

They probably don't know yet and are trying to figure out who would be a dramatic reveal.  And someone that isn't related (hard for a Brady/Horton).  My vote would be that one of Sonny's brothers had a secret son and that's the father, and then the kid is double related to Sonny and Will.  

You're totally right that they simply didn't even consider who the father is before they started this story lol. Your spec about who it could be is good. TPTB might steal it!

• Love 5
(edited)

So now that Xander knows the truth about Sarah and Brady's relationship, I guess that puts to bed the potential of Sarah getting pregnant and trying to pass it off as Brady's.  Good.

Lani looked hot yesterday.  Still a charisma vacuum but hot.  The show does her no favors in having her be so bloodthirsty in her quest to lock Gabi up while defending Kristen so forcefully in the same episode.  I could give her some slack if it were a far less problematic character than Kristen.

With Xander listening in on Sonny and Will talking about Allie's baby, Rafe telling Allie that he lost custody of David and seeing them reminisce about when he was her stepfather, and Will and Sonny wanting to adopt Allie's baby, we're going to have some sort of competition for Allie's baby, aren't we?

Two things I loved about the episode today:

Eli giving Victor and Brady the business about the consequences of retracting Victor's statement that Kristen stabbed Victor.  He's so much more interesting in these situations than with Lani.  It also felt so competent.

And of course Jack and Steve were gold once again. I think a genuine non-Steve smile emerged when Jack was leaving.  I just love them and hope the show doesn't get bored of writing them.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I know Brady is a complete moron, but I find it hard to believe that Victor didn't think through the whole recanting his statement. Did they really think Eli was going to be all, okay, no problem? I did like Victor's explanation about Vivian coming back naked, so he knifed himself. 

Eli, congrats on getting possession of the Salem brain today.

I am completely and totally over the entitled brat known as Allie Horton. I also don't think she's a very good actress. And she needs to take off that hideous hoodie.

I'm really, really, really tired of the Sami bashing.

More Steve and Jack, please.

Less Lani, always!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

The high point of today's episode was the gorgeous flashback to Steve and Kayla's first wedding and I also rather enjoyed Jack's busting Steve's chops in an awesomely brotherly way and Will and Sonny are always charming together but everything else felt kind of lame.

Seriously, all Lani and Eli seem to do is talk about Gabi and how she isn't going to ruin this wedding, and no one ever brings up that Lani could have called Gabi out about the app right then and there, but that would have taken some moral fortitude, which Lani massively lacks.

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And yes, her taking her kids with her to look for EJ - how DARE she keep them around and expose them to foreign cities and culture.  If moving around from place to place is so horrible - every military parent in the world needs to be told that they are basically abusing their kids by exposing them to the world. 

Just to be clear -- my thought was not that moving around is so awful, but a lack of stability in her children's lives in favour of chasing after Elvis (whom I've always considered unworthy) or, as it appeared at first, someone who might be Elvis. I'm not certain the comparison with military families is quite apt.

Also, Brady, the fact is, your "reformed" pet psycho-bot, mother of your deeply unfortunate child, is on the run. How is that Pop-Up Victor's fault? Made her stab him, did he? Did Bad Grampa also make her refuse to accept the consequences of her actions? Uh-huh. Just shut it, Bonehead Black.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 10
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Lani looked hot yesterday.  Still a charisma vacuum but hot.  The show does her know favors in being so bloodthirsty in her quest to lock Gabi up while defending Kristen so forcefully in the same episode.  I could give her some slack if it were a far less problematic character than Kristen.

I love Lani's braids, they have finally gotten rid of her horrible wig.  She and Eli are a beautiful couple but have no heat between them..

4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I want to like this post about a billion times.  Allie keeps saying she's and adult and then threatens to run away unless everyone agrees "Don't tell my mother."  An ACTUAL adult would face up to the consequences of her actions.  If she doesn't want Sami to try and make decisions for her, she should show that she's capable of making good decisions on her own.  Sami has always been very protective of her kids and supports them in their decisions.  SHE was the one who kept insisting Will establish paternity of Ari so his rights wouldn't be taken away later (as Nick tried to do) - and yet people kept acting like SHE was somehow being unreasonable.  But apparently she doesn't even deserve the consideration of knowing her child is SAFE.

I am so tired of the Sami bashing on the show and I am not even a Sami fan.  I hate that Ron has made the Sami/Allie relationship so contentious. Can't he come up with something new,? We have seen the Will/Sami dynamic for years and I did not need a rehash with Sami's other kids,  Furthermore, Allie's situation is not ideal but it is not the end of the world. She has rich relatives who would help her out.  It makes no sense to me that Sami would not provide a trust fund for her kids.. People with wealth always make sure that their descendants are provided for...

This may be unpopular on here but I had no problem with Kate giving Allie money, if she chose to blow it on a stupid bag, then that is on her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Just to be clear -- my thought was not that moving around is so awful, but a lack of stability in her children's lives in favour of chasing after Elvis (whom I've always considered unworthy) or, as it appeared at first, someone who might be Elvis.

Yes.  Which is why EJ needs to be the baby daddy.  It'd make her resentment a little more interesting.

36 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Seriously, all Lani and Eli seem to do is talk about Gabi and how she isn't going to ruin this wedding, and no one ever brings up that Lani could have called Gabi out about the app right then and there, but that would have taken some moral fortitude, which Lani massively lacks.

Yep.  I can't believe Julie even gives her a pass on this.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes. Which is why EJ needs to be the baby daddy. 

Yikes! That would be creepy, even for this show. (And emphatically not a reason not to tell Sami.)

• Love 4

The amount of Ben-propping is unreal!

Gabi’s kidnapping was a little unnecessary, especially since we all knew that she was going to be ok in the end.

• Love 3

John Aniston's delivery of the line, "Maybe it was Vivian Alamain, showing up. Naked. And I decided to knife myself." was absolutely perfection. This show usually makes me roll my eyes so hard that I strain them (yet I still watch), but that line delivery absolutely cracked me up.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes.  Which is why EJ needs to be the baby daddy.  It'd make her resentment a little more interesting.

Absolutely. All I want from this show is for us to see, on screen, Sami and her kids deal with the fact that one of the twins was conceived via rape from the man she considers to be the love of her life. I've been saying this for years but Allie's pregnancy story and making EJ the baby daddy would get the ball rolling.

I think that the actor playing Allie has been giving off rape victim vibes and it's in character for EJ to be the rapist. For years he was obsessed with Sami so it's not a stretch to imagine him transferring his obsession to her daughter. My guess is that whenever the fact of the different fathers for the twins was brought up Sami either changed the subject or avoided directly answering so they and Sydney likely don't know about the rape and assume that Sami cheated on Lucas. Shows love to act like having an affair with someone you eventually marry is proof of deep feelings so that plus the other evidence (Sami bringing the kids with her on her around the world search for EJ, taking him back after his affair with Abby, and viewing him as the love of her life) would give Allie pause on telling her.

Allie's probable rape (even if it wasn't by EJ) would at least be an ideal time for her to confide in someone who knows Sami's own history so that person can be the bridge towards bringing them together. Even if they decide to ignore EJ's rapes there's still Alan raping her back when she was younger than Allie so she can still be her support system. I really hope it's Lucas and he either just calls Sami to come to Salem or gets through to Allie to do it herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Just to be clear -- my thought was not that moving around is so awful, but a lack of stability in her children's lives in favour of chasing after Elvis (whom I've always considered unworthy) or, as it appeared at first, someone who might be Elvis. I'm not certain the comparison with military families is quite apt.

I get your point, but they never really established that the kids lacked stability.   They always had their mother, each other, and access to any family members still in Salem (plus Lucas left Salem when he thought Allie needed him.)  My point about military families was that just because people move a lot you wouldn't necessarily say their family lacked stability.   Holly had it worse - first Brady's your "father" now it's Eric.  At least Sami always established that Rafe was the stepfather and acknowledged Lucas' role as a father.  She never tried to introduce someone as the children's "new father."

12 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think that the actor playing Allie has been giving off rape victim vibes and it's in character for EJ to be the rapist.

I don't really think she's giving off rape victim vibes.  It's been established that she was "partying" pretty hard.  I think the father is someone she hooked up with who she knows is not a likely candidate for responsibility.  And she did mention the thought of ending the pregnancy.  If you aren't anti-abortion on principle would you really dither that long about ending a rape pregnancy?

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Allie's probable rape (even if it wasn't by EJ) would at least be an ideal time for her to confide in someone who knows Sami's own history so that person can be the bridge towards bringing them together. Even if they decide to ignore EJ's rapes there's still Alan raping her back when she was younger than Allie so she can still be her support system. I really hope it's Lucas and he either just calls Sami to come to Salem or gets through to Allie to do it herself.

It will never happen.  The show has always totally sanitized it after it happened and doesn't acknowledge it.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Allie's probable rape (even if it wasn't by EJ) would at least be an ideal time for her to confide in someone who knows Sami's own history so that person can be the bridge towards bringing them together.

Ron doesn't handle rape stories well so I'm hesitant to want Allie to be raped.  However, it could still be EJ in a creepy grooming type scenario that Allie now realizes was a creepy grooming scenario.

5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

If you aren't anti-abortion on principle would you really dither that long about ending a rape pregnancy?

Potentially.  People can go into denial or pretend what is happening isn't really happening.  The baby bump might have made the pregnancy real but also made it more difficult for her to consider actually ending the pregnancy the way she might have when there were no visible signs of a pregnancy. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Ron doesn't handle rape stories well so I'm hesitant to want Allie to be raped.  However, it could still be EJ in a creepy grooming type scenario that Allie now realizes was a creepy grooming scenario.

When would EJ have time to ever do this if he is still recovering from 70% of his body having 3rd degree burns. He apparently had a setback that the reason was given why only Lucas came back looking for Allie.

Allie has also graduated college so she was not living with Sami and EJ. It is more likely that she hooked up with somebody from college or the party scene that she was part of.

However, hard pass to this. EJ has always viewed Allie as Sami's daughter and his step daughter. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yep. The ideal scenario is that she hooked up with a random guy and never got his name so she's embarassed to admit that to Sami but soaps love their rape stories so I'm assuming. EJ grooming her would make sense too if they were willing to be true to his character.

9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

It will never happen.  The show has always totally sanitized it after it happened and doesn't acknowledge it.

I know and it sucks because we're missing some amazeballs storytelling and character moments. I would so love to see Johnny, Sydney, and Allie unite to finally take out EJ. Then Johnny and Sydney can deal with the fallout of learning their dad raped their mom, Allie can support, and Sami can finally get some therapy.

• Love 3

Jack holds his coffee cup like an unnamed somebody else.

Eli is using the Salem brain today.

"Maybe Vivian Alamain came back to my house naked and I knifed myself."

20 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

If you aren't anti-abortion on principle would you really dither that long about ending a rape pregnancy?

Canonically, everybody on this show is Catholic.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And of course Jack and Steve were gold once again. I think a genuine non-Steve smile emerged when Jack was leaving.  I just love them and hope the show doesn't get bored of writing them.

So much this! I hope the show doesn't boot Matt Ashford again (not saying there are any rumors of such; just saying it seems like an annual event on this show!), because having Steve and Jack interact with their long history is one of the few bright spots on this God-forsaken show.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Lucas and Nicole were married about 20 years ago.

I knew that but I meant couple in the traditional sense like her and Brady as well as her and EJ that part I can't picture. Another marriage of convenience? Sure that I could see and we could get some laughs out of it.

I think Allie's baby daddy will be a huge letdown much like David's paternity reveal but since Allie is a legacy character this won't be nearly as bad compared to Jordan/Evan.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yep.  I can't believe Julie even gives her a pass on this.

It would be a hoot if Saint Chad was the father of her baby.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I get your point, but they never really established that the kids lacked stability.   They always had their mother, each other, and access to any family members still in Salem (plus Lucas left Salem when he thought Allie needed him.) ...  Holly had it worse -- first Brady's your "father" now it's Eric. 

Fair enough; it's entirely possible (likely, even) that I missed specific mentions of the kids' happiness or well-being, in my impatience with the Great Revivified Elvis Goose Chase. Certainly I don't think anything in the military life, itinerant as it may be -- or exposure to European art and culture, come to that ! -- implies or creates instability in growing up.

I'm sure I'd feel entirely differently about the whole business if Sami had declared "Hey, you know what? Salem is CrazyMurderWhackjob Town, and I'm not raising any more children here. We're going be living in London or Rome or Marseille 'til they're grown up (or at least bilingual). Smell ya later, Eric, you big doofus! Come visit us, Will (now that you're alive). Damn, this town is nuts..."

Oh, Holly. Poor sweet Holly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

And she did mention the thought of ending the pregnancy.  If you aren't anti-abortion on principle would you really dither that long about ending a rape pregnancy?

If DOOL were set in some sort of reality in present day USA (ha!), given the baby bump, she's probably about 4-5 months pregnant.  In the vast majority of states, unless there's a very, very good reason, I would imagine it'd be hard for Allie to get an abortion in the US. IRL,  abortion laws have been tightening up, so it's much more difficult these days to get an abortion, even in the 1st trimester (i.e., heartbeat rule, clinic doctors must have admitting privileges in hospitals, etc.).

2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think that the actor playing Allie has been giving off rape victim vibes and it's in character for EJ to be the rapist. 

Yes, EJ has raped before (but of course show will ignore this from now to the Apocalypse), but Allie isn't giving off rape vibes to me. For now, I'm just gonna go with her partying too hard in college and her baby daddy is some drunk frat boy. 

• Love 3

I'm really hoping there's no rape story.  IMO, as some of you have said, Ally isn't giving off those vibes at all.  Of course, in the hands of a capable writer, her affect wouldn't make a rape an impossibility, but Ron C. handles rape storylines with all the subtlety of Wiley Coyote and Roadrunner.

Long gone and never to return are the days when a storyline like Jack's redemption would even be considered, much less work as well as it did.  

The way Ally is going I'm wondering if she's just going to raffle the kid off.

Who WAS that cop talking to Bonehead Brady and Pop Up Victor?  Certainly no cop with the Salem P.D.  It seems that Eli regains his smarts the second he's outside of Lani's range. 

Awww, Brady got all mopey there at the end when he realized his plan wasn't going to work.  If he's getting lonely, maybe he should start doing some volunteer work at Bayview.  I bet he'd meet plenty of psychopaths there who could make him very happy.  After all, Kristen isn't the only drooling lunatic in the sea!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

They'll drag the paternity of this baby to the point the audience won't care and it will be some dude that most of the audience doesn't care about it. 

EJ and Chad could be dramatic but the way this show neuters drama it would be a letdown as well.

• Love 3

I think Allie thinking Sami sucks is probably the one thing I'll like about this character because her acting like a child over this pregnancy is another story.

I hope they keep Allie vs Sami for a good while though but she's a Horton so I don't have my hopes up.

For some reason with the exception of Julie the Horton kids aren't allowed to resent their moms for an extended period of time. 

I was hoping JJ vs Jennifer would last a good while but they ended that way too quickly(although I do like their relationship as its genuine still it should've been a much longer journey to get to that point)

I was hoping Hope vs Ciara could get some mileage but nope and then she got paired with Ben and it just went downhill from there.

Sarah should've returned being resentful of Maggie over cheating on Mickey with Neil there should've been tension between them as that was the reason she left Salem in the first place but no the show didn't bother milking the drama out of that one either.

• Love 2

Jumping from country to country doesn't mean they got any learning experience. i doubt the kids had time to enjoy their travels while Sami was off chasing ej-bot and i am sure she was too busy to spend much time parenting. so I don't blame Allie for having issues with her mother. I don't want to hear it every time she is on, but I don't blame her.

my issue with all of this is that no one else thinks they should call Sami for any reason. Especially since everyone views Allie as a child. But even if they don't want to tell her about the pregnancy, at least let her know her daughter is safe. because while Allie has a different experience with Sami, and i believe Sami was a crap mom while putting all her energy into Elvis, that is just not how everyone else has seen her for the last few years.

I really wish there was a different way to bring Allie back. she could still be a rebellious teen without the pregnancy.

The show keeps having Lani talk about Gabi, but she just feels so far from their story at this point. She got a years worth of revenge and she is over it now. she thinks her husband is alive so she has no reason to go to their wedding. She doesn't even seem to care about Lani's pregnancy

I am not a fan of Justin/Kayla, and I do think Kayla should get to know Steve still wants her but their story doesn't do it for me. they do this roller coaster with them every time they fire and rehire the Steve actor.

I am not sure I believe the friday night dinner story, but Rafe and Allie was nice.

Thank you Eli for pointing out the stupid. you can't just recant your story. glad Victor let Brady know that he pays attention to his business. That is why the revenge was stupid from the beginning. Why wouldn't Victor find out? I am glad that the show quickly saw the error of this story and seems to be moving past it. Sarah is cooling to Xandar and Victor is trying to help Brady. I hope he leaves town with Kristan. It is not like if he goes to visit Tater-tot, Theresa is going to have him arrested. Nothing keeping them apart.

• Love 2

Allie isn't even a teen just a college graduate who got knocked up I also would've preferred she wasn't pregnant either as for some reason soaps seems to want to tie characters down with a baby so quickly.

For some it has worked Sami(although they really should've stopped after Will), Gabi for many others not so much. 

It would be nice if Carrie/Austin returned so we could see how they interact with Allie considering she and her siblings seemed to spend a lot of time with them in Europe she may have more of a maternal bond with Carrie than Sami.

• Love 2

I liked the Allie and Rafe scenes. He was calm and understanding. Yes, Lucas, your family can afford to help out financially and in other ways, but Allie should not be forced to keep a baby she doesn't want. Adoption is an option.

Also liked the Jack and Steve scenes. Nice flashback to Steve and Kayla's wedding. They looked so young.

Victor and Brady, you're going to pin this on Vivian? Seriously? Kristen just skates away again with the baby?

Lani was a bit insufferable today. Focus on your own life and not Gabi.

Sonny and Will, just because your spouse's sister is having an unwanted child, does not mean you automatically get it. There are a lot of boundary issues with raising your own niece or nephew. Better someone at a distance.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Allie isn't even a teen just a college graduate who got knocked up I also would've preferred she wasn't pregnant either as for some reason soaps seems to want to tie characters down with a baby so quickly.

For some it has worked Sami(although they really should've stopped after Will), Gabi for many others not so much. 

It would be nice if Carrie/Austin returned so we could see how they interact with Allie considering she and her siblings seemed to spend a lot of time with them in Europe she may have more of a maternal bond with Carrie than Sami.

Honestly it feels like Allie is pregnant so that will and sonny will end up adopting the kid than an actual story about Allie being pregnant.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Harmony233 said:

Honestly it feels like Allie is pregnant so that will and sonny will end up adopting the kid than an actual story about Allie being pregnant.

If that's all it ends up being and we never know about the father this is the best case scenario. Course I wonder if Allie is going to stick around after this if so is she the next Cin obstacle.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If that's all it ends up being and we never know about the father this is the best case scenario. Course I wonder if Allie is going to stick around after this if so is she the next Cin obstacle.

If we don't know who the father is and WilSon adopt the baby, there will probably be a father popping demanding the baby.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Or an actual story of Will and Sonny trying to get a second child without actually showing them struggling with the issues connected  to adoption or surrogacy. They just made the decision of the second child and had one phone call from adoption agency that denied them when Allie showed up that same day in Salem conveniently pregnant.

• Love 4

Sonny needs a job before having another child. He and will just seem.... entitled. In real life, things take time and they may be on an adoption list for a long time. Plus have a hard time finding a surrogate.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Not interested in a repeat

And 

15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I barely care now, I certainly won't later.

...made me laugh so hard because....this show. We watch this show. Together. You guys. You guys!!

WE WATCH THIS SHOW TOGETHER ON A DAILY BASIS!

We are sick. I love you guys but we need help. We are messed in the head.

I feel like I just had a moment of clarity. Or an out of body experience.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3

Lani and Eli may be boring but they are one gorgeous looking pair. For that alone I don't FF them. 

I'm a sucker for Jack & Steve scenes so I loved today, even if their conversations about Steve's love life are getting a bit repetitive. I LMAO at Jack's "It's not about Kayla being happy, it's about her spending the rest of her life with you". I also loved Steve's big smile as he told Jack to "please leave". I'll never get tired of Jack pestering Steve and Steve's exasperation with Jack. MA and SN have such nice chemistry that even through Steve's annoyance I can still see the brothers' love for each other. 

I can't stand Brady, so I was really hoping once Victor recanted his statement that Eli would turn around and arrest Brady since he did initially confess to the stabbing. Would serve that moron right if all his plans (destroy Titan, exonerate Kristen, revenge on Xander) blew up in his face in a matter of hours. Can this fool be backburned now that he really has no purpose or storyline?

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

With Xander listening in on Sonny and Will talking about Allie's baby, Rafe telling Allie that he lost custody of David and seeing them reminisce about when he was her stepfather, and Will and Sonny wanting to adopt Allie's baby, we're going to have some sort of competition for Allie's baby, aren't we?

No doubt.   After her discussion with Rafe, my guess would be Allie would gladly hand the baby over to him. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, lb60 said:

I did like Victor's explanation about Vivian coming back naked, so he knifed himself. 

OMG, that comment made me scream so loud I bet I scared my neighbors.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I liked the Allie and Rafe scenes. He was calm and understanding.

I'm certain that the scenes with Allie in the town square were the most I've ever liked Rafe. As you say, he was calm, understanding -- there was genuine warmth there. I believed that Rafe actually could have been an awesome and loving stepdad. I didn't even want to tell Rafe to shut up even once! I never would have guessed that the person in town with the most advance listening skills would be Rafe. But it worked. (And why doesn't Galen Gering bring that kind of authenticity to all his scenes?)

More Steve and Jack needling each other, please. Nichols and Ashford were clearly having a ball.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

I really wish there was a different way to bring Allie back. she could still be a rebellious teen without the pregnancy.

She's not even a teen! This idiot is 21/22 years old!

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

We watch this show. Together. You guys. You guys!!

WE WATCH THIS SHOW TOGETHER ON A DAILY BASIS!

We are sick. I love you guys but we need help. We are messed in the head.

Between me continuing to watch this show and coming back to watch Big Brother every fucking year for 20 years, yea, I need serious help lol.

8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Lani and Eli may be boring but they are one gorgeous looking pair. For that alone I don't FF them. 

In fast forward I still get to look at their hotness while not having to hear either of their dumb asses speak.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3