Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Allie didn't know Sonny?

Sonny has been in town (and prominent in Will's life) for 10 years!

Have Sami and the kids been out of Salem for 10 years? Even throwing in the SORAS?

Also we're willing to believe these off-screen characters keep in touch during their absences (Facetime?) as long as you don't write dumb lines like, "Sonny seems great."

Edited by ajs1615
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, ajs1615 said:

Also we're willing to believe these off-screen characters keep in touch during their absences (Facetime?) as long as you don't write dumb lines like, "Sonny seems great."

Man, I wish I could Like this about a thousand times.

• Love 3

Ahhh: :Sweetness", gotta love Patch & Kayla.  And then Patch arguing with Kate finally says "Uncle", and Kate asks "What does that mean"? LOL   I liked the scenes between Will & Lucas,  Will is very aware of what his Father went thru with Sami when Will was a child.   I like the idea of Allie letting Rafe adopt her baby, Nicole was especially good in those scenes with Allie.  

• Love 4

So Allie wants to give up the baby up for adoption so that Sami won't find out she was pregnant. How does giving the baby to someone that Sami knows (especially if she is related to them), not ever going to come up.

"Oh Rafe, heard you adopted another child after what happened with David. So you made sure that biological parents signed off on adoption. Who were they again?"

"Oh Sonny and Will, I didn't know that you were thinking about having another child. What this that Ari said that this baby is also her cousin?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

It might be easiest if her entire family just made Sami wear a gigantic box on her head everywhere she goes from now on. Maybe it could be Plexiglass, like the Cone of Silence.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I liked the scenes between Will & Lucas,  Will is very aware of what his Father went thru with Sami when Will was a child.

So was I the only one hearing that huge anvil drop today?  Lucas:  "What about the father?  There's a good chance that, unless he agrees to an adoption, there will be trouble in the future."  Sonny and Will:  "Nah.  What are the chances?"  I'm calling it.  The father is coming to Salem.  Just, please, no more barely in their 20's married couples with a baby.  Let them do the responsible thing and give it up.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

So Allie wants to give up the baby up for adoption so that Sami won't find out she was pregnant. How does giving the baby to someone that Sami knows (especially if she is related to them), not ever going to come up.

"Oh Rafe, heard you adopted another child after what happened with David. So you made sure that biological parents signed off on adoption. Who were they again?"

"Oh Sonny and Will, I didn't know that you were thinking about having another child. What this that Ari said that this baby is also her cousin?"

This!  The minute Allie shows some maturity and starts seriously thinking about what she should do for the baby she immediately reverts back to "Oh, don't tell mom.  Let's ALL keep this giant secret and then we can blame HER when she gets rightly pissed."  Even if you don't want to tell her that Allie is pregnant she should at least know where she is.  The fact that NOT ONE PERSON IN SALEM thinks Sami deserves to know her daughter is alive and safe says they are all pretty awful.  

I'm really glad Sarah shut down the idea of another baby right now.  She's improving since she finally gave up her junior high revenge plot, but she's still a train wreck.

On a different note, does anyone really believe that the only closet Sarah has is that tiny little armoire? Which is basically empty?  And when she moved out, all her clothes fit in one suitcase?

Edited by DaphneCat
I don't actually repeat myself THAT much.
  • Love 4

Also, Allie that hoodie isn't an invisibility cloak. People are going to look at you and know that you are pregnant. Despite her snippy comment to Xander that she could be pudgy, she thin everywhere except her belly. Not her face or her arms or legs.

• Love 6
(edited)
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sonny needs a job before having another child. He and will just seem.... entitled. In real life, things take time and they may be on an adoption list for a long time. Plus have a hard time finding a surrogate.

I think Modern Family handled this plotline really well especially when in the pilot they adopted Lily but they talked about how it took years. However while we didn't see that we did see that it took them years to adopt their second child in the meantime we saw Cameron/Mitchell as a couple  and their family support their quest to adopt another child so when they had their second child it was a satisfying conclusion for them. 

Unlike Wilson where they just slap a story together and miss all the beats that go into it. It would've been nice to see Will talk to Marlena or Lucas about this beforehand. Or even Sonny going to Justin to discuss this but that's too character driven for this show.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

I found it strange today that Kayla talked about inviting Jack because he's Justin's brother-in-law.  I get that they're trying to make the connection as to what Jack has in common with Steve but wouldn't a more likely scenario be that Jennifer and Kayla are friends. Or at least they've been written that way as of late.

Was Allie eyeing up Xander? 

I don't understand the point the whole Sarah and Brady revenge plot. I'm glad it's over but I wonder what made it get over so quickly.  Normally, it'd be audience feedback going "what the heck is the show doing" but given how far they tape in advance...

Anyway, this Sarah and Xander angst works so much better for them as a couple and for the plot overall.  Xander wanting to replace the lost baby is the kind of ridiculous notion Jack warned him against but it has a weird sort of logic to it.  And Sarah being pained over the whole thing also is a legitimate response. You can't just replace a baby.

Any chance Allie is having triplets?

I'm glad Lucas brought up the father in all of this.  All three potential parents for Allie's baby could be cruisin' for a bruisin' but two of them, Sarah and Rafe, just had their hearts ripped out over a child.  Why would they want to subject themselves to a potential double whammy?  I really hope Lucas keeps beating that drum. Allie can make dumb decisions about whether or not her mother wants to know but she can't avoid talking about the father forever.  Even if it's decided to eventually hide the paternity from him, I think it might be a nice storyline to know why ahead of time.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Was Allie eyeing up Xander? 

Totally. I can't tell if it was intentional and like a chem test type thing that might go somewhere or just a silly little one-off.

I don't understand the point the whole Sarah and Brady revenge plot. I'm glad it's over but I wonder what made it get over so quickly.  Normally, it'd be audience feedback going "what the heck is the show doing" but given how far they tape in advance...

It seems like someone abruptly decided that story wasn't working because it seems obvious that it was originally meant to be more than this.

Lucas bringing up the father makes me hopeful that he's going to show up soon so we can get that over with quickly before everyone stops giving any shits about it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Lucas brining up the father makes me hopeful that he's going to show up soon so we can get that over with quickly before everyone stops giving any shits about it.

Too late for me.  This whole thing is not intriguing in the least.  A much better plot would have been Allie running away because Lucas and Sami thought she needed rehab.  She could have said that the reason she ran away was because they were projecting Lucas' problems on her and being far too strict.  They then could have written it so we really don't know what the situation is and various family members could rightly or wrongly draw their own conclusions based on her behavior.  This would be something much more interesting to me than ANOTHER baby story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I found it strange today that Kayla talked about inviting Jack because he's Justin's brother-in-law.  I get that they're trying to make the connection as to what Jack has in common with Steve but wouldn't a more likely scenario be that Jennifer and Kayla are friends. Or at least they've been written that way as of late.

They are but you're right its more about trying to make Jack/Steve parallels although I don't like how this show is glossing over the previous uneasiness Jack/Kayla used to share. I always liked that his show never made us forget what Jack did to Kayla and while Kayla knows he changed and forgave him she's still uneasy around him. Course I think the actors bring that out.

1 minute ago, DaphneCat said:

Too late for me.  This whole thing is not intriguing in the least.  A much better plot would have been Allie running away because Lucas and Sami thought she needed rehab.  She could have said that the reason she ran away was because they were projecting Lucas' problems on her and being far too strict.  They then could have written it so we really don't know what the situation is and various family members could rightly or wrongly draw their own conclusions based on her behavior.  This would be something much more interesting to me than ANOTHER baby story.

They had a similar plot when JJ first showed up he was kicked out for dealing drugs but we didn't know it at the time however the show didn't really reveal why he returned and what his secret was. I think that would've been a good intro for Allie too at least there would be a level of intrigue and one less irrelevant baby on this show.

• Love 3

I only care in a superficial way in that I'm interested to see if they tie the father in in some way or if it's someone we already know but in like a week I won't even care about that and I don't think most of the audience really will either so they need to pick up the pace lol.

The story is idiotic on every level tbh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

This!  The minute Allie shows some maturity and starts seriously thinking about what she should do for the baby she immediately reverts back to "Oh, don't tell mom.  Let's ALL keep this giant secret and then we can blame HER when she gets rightly pissed."  Even if you don't want to tell her that Allie is pregnant she should at least know where she is.  The fact that NOT ONE PERSON IN SALEM thinks Sami deserves to know her daughter is alive and safe says they are all pretty awful.  

Well said.  And then Allie tops it off by saying that Sami will never know.  So I guess she's not only emotionally immature, she's also really dumb?  Show seems to be positioning Eric and Nicole as being the sensible, sane adults in this situation but they're coming across more to me as enabling this irresponsible brat by caving every time she pitches a fit.  I hope Sami rips them all a new one, Nicole in particular.

Eli, somebody could drop a piano on you from on high and you STILL won't get what a selfish ass you're marrying, even after Lani kicks you out the NIGHT before your wedding?  She couldn't tell you, even yesterday, to find another place to stay, she has to wait till you get back from dinner?  I know it's baby steps, but Lani manages to make me dislike her more a different way, every day.  Oh yeah, you're gonna be REAL happy, Eli.  They talk about men marrying a woman like their mother but Eli has managed to corral the only woman on the planet as annoying as his grandmother.  

Somebody needs to give Steve a good kick in the ass. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

How can everyone keep Allie having a baby as a secret from Sami? Allie should have just taken Grandma's money, or sold the Birkin bag and hid out somewhere and told no one.

I like Eric and Nicole being mature and kind and thoughtful regarding Allie.

Will and Sonny need to slow things down. There is no guarantee that his sister will give up her kid to them. Most people wait many years for a foreign adoption from somewhere like Africa or China or Eastern Europe. Lucas is being a bit pushy insisting Allie keep her baby. Granted, she can afford to do so and her mom and dad can afford nannies to help her out.

Xander, it wasn't the best idea to suggest adopting Allie's baby to replace the one that died. Almost making it like getting a puppy. Arianna would be happy. You kind of mean well, but it just came out badly.

Steve, let Kayla be on her own for a while and stop being a jerk.

Eli, Lani has shown you exactly who she really is and you still want to marry her and have a kid with her. You are marrying your grandmother. Unless the two of you are written out of the show at some point, you will be divorced within a year or so.

PS: The new DVR was finally troubleshooted and connected today.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, boes said:

Well said.  And then Allie tops it off by saying that Sami will never know.  So I guess she's not only emotionally immature, she's also really dumb?  Show seems to be positioning Eric and Nicole as being the sensible, sane adults in this situation but they're coming across more to me as enabling this irresponsible brat by caving every time she pitches a fit.  I hope Sami rips them all a new one, Nicole in particular.

Eli, somebody could drop a piano on you from on high and you STILL won't get what a selfish ass you're marrying, even after Lani kicks you out the NIGHT before your wedding?  She couldn't tell you, even yesterday, to find another place to stay, she has to wait till you get back from dinner?  I know it's baby steps, but Lani manages to make me dislike her more a different way, every day.  Oh yeah, you're gonna be REAL happy, Eli.  They talk about men marrying a woman like their mother but Eli has managed to corral the only woman on the planet as annoying as his grandmother.  

Somebody needs to give Steve a good kick in the ass. 

Exactly. This whole Allie debacle is just plot and nothing else . Its all about setting sami up to have a major outburst and causing mayhem and drama with her screaming . 

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I liked the scenes between Will & Lucas,  Will is very aware of what his Father went thru with Sami when Will was a child.

....yeah, but didn't Will go through a similar struggle for his parental rights with Nick..?

It's just strange seeing Will's blank "..huh..?" face in response to Lucas pointing out that the baby's father has rights too...particularly if Will has two examples from his own life that would cause his mind to go there immediately rather than overlook it.

This whole storyline is dumb to me now. If Allie was raped, which I don't trust Ron to write well at all, then maybe I could understand her weird behavior and going the adoption route, but the fact remains: She Is Rich. She Has Money. She Has Family Everywhere. They Have Money.

....what she doesn't seem to have, bizarrely, is any affection whatsoever for this baby she's been carrying around. It's to the point now where I think she needs to see a psychologist because she's starting to sound like one of those people that wasn't even aware they were pregnant until they gave birth in a gas station by squatting down to pick up a pencil. Didn't you have like 6 MONTHS of coming to terms with this? Wouldn't you have decided during that time whether or not to abort the baby or hand it off for adoption? I have a really hard time accepting that this girl who's been around the world is so scared/stupid/indifferent/lazy that she just thought she could put off making a decision until right before the kid was crowning. Now, I understand that not every woman will feel a maternal bond with their baby, but Allie is just all over the place to the point where she's forcing adults in positions of authority around her to watch their words and talk to her a certain way and making everybody walk around on eggshells while she tries to decide who to Hot Potato her kid to, after coming into town to impose on all of them.

Another great character introduction Ron. She's already irritating the hell out of me.

If she'd had a box of puppies, then this whole story would make a lot more sense. I can imagine someone putting off making a decision about puppies until the very last second, but not a human child.

And speaking of people being entitled and demanding, way to go Sarah! You move into the Kiriakis mansion just to shout at Xander to move out? Mature.

I never fast forward Kayla scenes because I really like her and I really like Stephen as well, but I totally fast-forwarded their scenes today. If I have to hear one more time about the goddamn key ceremony or this stupid Justin farce I'm going to have blood shooting out of my ears. Show, you did this exact same thing in 2015. You had Steve return to town after a long absence and Kayla being very upset with him because she had to move on without him and then him gradually regaining her trust and them falling back into bed and getting remarried. And now you're just repeating that entire process again so what, we can have the thrill of seeing them get married again and then seeing Steve vanish again?

Booooorrrrrriiiiiiinnnngggg.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

Exactly. This whole Allie debacle is just plot and nothing else . Its all about setting sami up to have a major outburst and causing mayhem and drama with screaming . 

Since it's pretty clear all Ron wants is for Sami to come back once a year and make a huge scene, why didn't they just have a Allie show up in town after recently discovering she's pregnant. That way she could have kept it a secret, lived with Eric and Nicole to "help them out with their wedding" all while grappling with the recent revelation of her pregnancy. And then, if they wanted Sami to show up and pitch a fit, it could be because she found Allie's discarded pregnancy test or got a call from her Doctor or clinic and figured it out, and jumped to the conclusion that Nicole knew all along and Nicole, who can't have any kids, was scheming to try and convince Allie to give the kid away to her. I bet you dollars to doughnuts that'll be among the insults Sami will eventually scream at her sister-in-law: "You're not taking another child away from me just because you can't have any of your own!" 🙄

Why did they insist on making Allie so very pregnant right now? Did they really not have the budget to hire this actress for two or three months and gradually introduce and develop the pregnancy storyline?

It's her being 9 months pregnant that's really screwing this whole thing up.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is she supposed to be 9 months pregnant? I thought she was like 4 or 5. Which means we have so much longer to deal with this bullshit story. I hope she is 9 months along!

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is she supposed to be 9 months pregnant? I thought she was like 4 or 5. Which means we have so much longer to deal with this bullshit story. I hope she is 9 months along!

She's not 9 months pregnant, she's 4 or 5, like you said.  When she got back to Salem she said she was still within the legal window to have an abortion.

Unfortunately, we've got months of her rubbing her belly.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

hy did they insist on making Allie so very pregnant right now? Did they really not have the budget to hire this actress for two or three months and gradually introduce and develop the pregnancy storyline?

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, boes said:

She's not 9 months pregnant, she's 4 or 5, like you said.  When she got back to Salem she said she was still within the legal window to have an abortion.

She might have said that, but everything about Allie's pregnancy has been stupid.

Spoiler

In the summer preview promo, we see Allie giving birth with Nicole in the hospital room. So she is more than 5 months

• Love 3

This whole Allie intro has reminded me that soaps haven't evolved in the longest time this type of plot could've worked in the 80s/early 90s but in 2020? Not so much people aren't nearly as traditional in the age of social media. She already comes from an untraditional family of her own as is. It would be one thing if Lucas and Sami were conformists but they aren't so..

The only character that seems current to me is Claire go figure because she was all about attention and acts like someone that exists today.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This whole Allie intro has reminded me that soaps haven't evolved in the longest time this type of plot could've worked in the 80s/early 90s but in 2020? Not so much people aren't nearly as traditional in the age of social media. She already comes from an untraditional family of her own as is. It would be one thing if Lucas and Sami were conformists but they aren't so..

I mean in 2020. Allie doesn't practice safe sex or use the after day pill when she was some type of party girl and graduated from college. She isn't supposed to be some naive and sheltered teenager with conservative parents.

She wants to hide away from her mother but she goes to Salem and we are to believe that she is posting on social media or using her cellphone. And she has cut off all contact not only with Sami but I imagine her twin Johnny and sister Sydney? It makes no sense to me.

This story does not work and I blame Ron completely. 

• Love 10

Show was interrupted for me halfway through by a White House press conference but what I saw was obnoxious:  I can not stand another day featuring the bland Miss Lani Price--even when everyone around her praises her awesomeness, she's bland.  And yet again, we have her talking about how Gabi's the worst and "that woman isn't going to ruin my wedding" and in the same breath she talks about how Kristin DImera is the most wonderful friend ever.  Does not compute.

How creepy was Chad's going into Gabi's bedroom to gloat?  And I guess he's going to be dragged into the Jake/Stefan storyline--I guess it's better then his dealing with Abs' various mental illnesses.

I was flabbergasted at Ben's saying to Claire's face that her being Ciara's maid of honor wasn't good news.  So the serial killer won't give a fellow mental patient a second chance at life and we're not supposed to think he's a hypocrite? 

• Love 12

Gabi could care less for her kid, yet when she gets arrested every time it's "what about Ari?" Will and Sonny are worried for Ari, yet Gabi could go to jail today as Chad pointed out and her goals of day is Jake.  Not spending time with or seeing her kid.

• Love 6

Didn't Rafe, Gabi, Dario, their mother, and the mother's friend all live in that house together?  And now Rafe doesn't have a bed for Eli to sleep on?

Lani is by far not the best woman, Valerie.

Why have they turned Chad into such a douche?

• Love 9

I did get a kick out of Rafe ironing Eli's shirt for him 🙂 Its nice that Eli had at least ONE friend to help him out, doesn't he have any buddies at the police station?  And what the Heck was Ciara wearing?!  A leather skirt with some sort of mesh covering her tummy & red low cut top, it was weird looking, esp. for wedding dress shopping.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Gabi could care less for her kid, yet when she gets arrested every time it's "what about Ari?" Will and Sonny are worried for Ari, yet Gabi could go to jail today as Chad pointed out and her goals of day is Jake.  Not spending time with or seeing her kid.

Just because Gabi doesn't want to spend every waking hour with Ari doesn't mean she doesn't care for her. It has been established time and time again that she takes care of her daughter. Her last two kidnappings were discovered by Wilson because she did not come get Ari and that is unusual for her. When she was released on bail she went to pick up Ari and take her to school and the morning of her trial she went to dress her for school. She does stupid things because she thinks she can get away with them and still be with Ari. Seeing Ari isn't a goal because it is something she frequently does. Settling the Jake/Stefan issue is unusual.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Show was interrupted for me halfway through by a White House press conference but what I saw was obnoxious:  I can not stand another day featuring the bland Miss Lani Price--even when everyone around her praises her awesomeness, she's bland.  And yet again, we have her talking about how Gabi's the worst and "that woman isn't going to ruin my wedding" and in the same breath she talks about how Kristin DImera is the most wonderful friend ever.  Does not compute.

How creepy was Chad's going into Gabi's bedroom to gloat?  And I guess he's going to be dragged into the Jake/Stefan storyline--I guess it's better then his dealing with Abs' various mental illnesses.

I was flabbergasted at Ben's saying to Claire's face that her being Ciara's maid of honor wasn't good news.  So the serial killer won't give a fellow mental patient a second chance at life and we're not supposed to think he's a hypocrite? 

I'm just glad JJ is away from this mess. However yeah I think they don't know what to do with Chad so my guess is BF has episode guarantees he has to fulfill. I guess developing the character as an individual and associate with Kristen and Tony while Abby isn't around is too much to ask of this show.

Or he can hang out with Wilson and offer them support. The story he should be in is the Allie pregnancy one considering Chad was a teen father once upon a time granted Grace died but it would be a nice use of history to bring up he was once in a similar situation to Allie.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought i could actually watch live today but there was corona press instead. 😷

This show is so lazy with Wilson. They are seriously complaining about how complicated it would be to get a baby outside of Allie. So are they going to stop looking into other avenues until Allie decides? I agree with Will that it would be best for the baby to stay in the family. it is not like Allie comes from a family of beggars, even though she dresses like she does. Everyone is rich. But I don't know why Sonny was so quick to dismiss the father. Has he already forgotten about Christian?

Xander kidnapped Nicole and Holly and let Eric think they were dead. He tried to kill Nicole and Eric, more than once, yet Sarah still got into a relationship with him and let him raise Eric's baby. This is what i think about whenever she yells at him.

I don't want a teen pregnancy, but the show is writing Allie like she is a teen. Not even sure why they decided she has graduated college. She has flipped and flopped on what to do with this baby every time she is on and i am not sure more than a few days have passed. She goes on and on about mommy not finding out, not caring about her opinion, yada yada. She has no issue with the man that kidnapped the people she is living with and let her other uncle believe his child was dead, as long as mommy doesn't find out she is pregnant.

I wish i could give a rats tail about Elani.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 6

I need this show to stop writing stories they cannot afford. Gabi's whole case happened off screen. I want her to get off just so she can knock the smirk off Chads face.

So actual murderer, Ben, gets smug and snippy with Claire. If I didn't already greatly dislike this character....

Once again Lani talks about a character that doesn't care about her.

not sad this episode was interrupted.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm just glad JJ is away from this mess. However yeah I think they don't know what to do with Chad so my guess is BF has episode guarantees he has to fulfill. I guess developing the character as an individual and associate with Kristen and Tony while Abby isn't around is too much to ask of this show.

Or he can hang out with Wilson and offer them support. The story he should be in is the Allie pregnancy one considering Chad was a teen father once upon a time granted Grace died but it would be a nice use of history to bring up he was once in a similar situation to Allie.

This is probably why he didn't have much to say at the fan event last year. He didn't have a story.

Why put him and Jack in scenes together if they won't give them much dialogue. Thomas had more dialogue than Jack.🙄

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Ben reeked of hypocrisy today. I guess only HE can change and deserves a second chance. Screw Claire, in his eyes.

Not only did he act hypocritical, he acted like he was BETTER than Claire! What a asshole!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Why have they turned Chad into such a douche?

Because BF hates his life and can pretty much only play seething rage at this point lol.

Chad is creepy as hell and awful and I grow less and less fond of Gabi every day because CB kinda sucks as a person, but whatever I still hope Chad and Gabi have hate sex.

I do not understand what they were going for with the Ben/Claire scenes. Ben was a raging hypocrite and he was holding onto that shirt or whatever he had like he wanted to use it to strangle Claire. I'm so confused lol. But also, listen, I think Claire and Ben have mad chem and a not small part of me wants a story where they're both still crazy and try to kill each other and then maybe become lovers. Judge me all you want! I judge myself!

Ciara's outfit! YOU GUYS! I was rolling

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

because CB kinda sucks as a person

🤯😮 What has she done?

23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

but whatever I still hope Chad and Gabi have hate sex.

I feel like the director tells Chad to play his scenes like he wants to have hate sex with her. He likes to get uncomfortably close when talking to her.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Thatoneshow said:

🤯😮 What has she done?

Check the BTS thread!

I feel like the director tells Chad to play his scenes like he wants to have hate sex with her. He likes to get uncomfortably close when talking to her.

I agree. There are strong vibes there but I don't know if they're intentional. It seems obvious Gabi is just gonna get with Jake/Stefan so I don't know.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Because BF hates his life and can pretty much only play seething rage at this point lol.

Chad is creepy as hell and awful and I grow less and less fond of Gabi every day because CB kinda sucks as a person, but whatever I still hope Chad and Gabi have hate sex.

I do not understand what they were going for with the Ben/Claire scenes. Ben was a raging hypocrite and he was holding onto that shirt or whatever he had like he wanted to use it to strangle Claire. I'm so confused lol. But also, listen, I think Claire and Ben have mad chem and a not small part of me wants a story where they're both still crazy and try to kill each other and then maybe become lovers. Judge me all you want! I judge myself!

I strangely wouldn't be opposed to Ben/Claire hate sex as its a soap and would provide much needed drama to everyone involved. On paper it would be dynamite but considering how the baby switch among other stories that should've been full of drama turned out to be a total bummer this would be no different. Claire would also be considered the villain instead of both of them so that would get a hard pass.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was the best, if unintentional, laugh of the week.

Other than stopping to gawk at another of Ciara's outfits that looked like it was designed by Neelix for a Talaxian runway show, that was all I really watched.  If only someone would just eject Ciara into the Delta Quadrant and be done with it.

Otherwise I ff'd through it all.  Even the momentary glimpses of Claire and Eli's mother weren't enough to get me to stop and listen.  I did see the very end, though, where today's shit storm was capped off by Kristen dropping by in her nun's outfit.

Good Lord..........  and Ron C. gets PAID for this.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Dearest Necktie Killer,

Perhaps dial back the judgmental attitude towards other people's mental illness.

Signed, 

People in glass houses, etc..........

Show was also interrupted for me. 

They just lost the Outstanding Drama Series Emmy. Aside from Olivia and Tamara Braun, CBS cleaned up. I'm shocked, I tell ya. Shocked!!! ;-)

Edited by lb60
  • Love 7

Chad was coming off a little creepy today. Maybe *he* should have been checked out regarding his wife's 'poisoning'.  Yes, he was right to tell Gabi that this could be her last day of freedom, but the case against her was based on shaky evidence and there is no actual proof that she did anything to Abigail, except send her on a nice vacation.

Lani, you don't need Gabi to wreck your marriage to Eli. You can do it all by yourself. Both of you are not prizes. You come across as insecure and it's doubtful that you will last more than a year or so with Eli. Valerie looked lovely, but I thought that peplum type tops were on their way out in terms of fashion.

I get Ben's distrust of Claire and it is well-founded. No, we don't know if she was actually ready to be released from Bayview. She is also a little too fixated on Ciara's wedding.

There weren't any spare rooms at the Salem Inn for Eli to spend the night? Or at the hideout hotel?  Rafe has no guest rooms?

Hi Kristen. Long time no see.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

There weren't any spare rooms at the Salem Inn for Eli to spend the night? Or at the hideout hotel?  Rafe has no guest rooms?

Also, I thought Eli owned the Martin House, the boarding house where Will lived for a while.  Didn't Julie give it to him?  So he has his own house why can't he go there?

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, boes said:

Also, I thought Eli owned the Martin House, the boarding house where Will lived for a while.  Didn't Julie give it to him?  So he has his own house why can't he go there?

I thought he sold it. Is there any reason why Lani couldn't have stayed at Abe's house since she was the one insisting on not seeing each other until the wedding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

OK.  Today, Ben wasn't the only one displaying major hypocrisy.  Lani basically trashed Gabi for doing horrible things, and then when she's caught she uses her daughter as an excuse to skate.  Isn't that EXACTLY the excuse Lani used to let Kristen get away with stabbing Victor?  That she let her go because she was a mother?  If Gabi is a horrible person so are you (not that I needed another reason to hate Lani.)

• Love 9
(edited)

Oh Lord, you guys...that cross dissolve transition from Claire calling Ciara the best human alive to her getting her neck rubbed by her serial killer fiancee, and smiling smugly in her hotel room....

Is Ron trying to make us hate Ciara? Is he trolling us?

She has earned nothing, been handed everything and deserves a hard crash back down to reality.

Eli is the total package. Terrific guy. But why is he sleeping on a sofa when he's the proprietor of that huge boarding house Grandma Julie gave him? He still owns that place, right?

I love his Mom for stopping by, all dressed up at the crack of dawn, to make breakfast for her new daughter-in-law. And giving Oprah realness to boot! Dang, she looks young for a woman in her 50s!

Did we ever see people testifying against Gabi in court? (I've missed episodes)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3