Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

As for "nosey parker Jennifer" (LOL), I laughed when Will asked if there were any objections and Jack had to look over at Jennifer to make sure she wasn't going to say anything. Since she came out of her coma, she has turned into a busybody who apparently has a hard time keeping a secret. Still, I am enjoying seeing J&J together and being allowed some happiness for a change. Even if Jennifer has turned into a nosy Nelly. 

Well Jack and Jennifer have always been nosy, which is why being reporters was a perfect career choice for both of them. I kind of like them being the town busybodies and being all gossipy together. It suits them and Matt and Missy are very entertaining when given lighter, more comedic, material to work with.

And I agree with everyone else singing Wally Kurth's praises today. Amazing, heartfelt performance. Episodes like today's with all the vets bringing their A game reminds me why I fell in love with this show 36 years ago. Well done!

Edited by domina89
  • Love 10

All I saw today was the gang at the Malt Shop saying that Betty heard from Veronica, who told Reggie in confidence and he told Moose that he heard Miss Grundy say that she had on good authority that Mr. Weatherbee said that Midge REALLY loved Pop Tate, while at the wedding, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Josie and the Pussycats had a REAL bad fight.

I just couldn't do another day with these superannuated teeny boppers and their bubble gum romance.

so Justin was good, you all say?  I didn't see because by that time I was surfing the fast forward waves.

I hope Kayla gives everybody a wedgie.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, lb60 said:

Also, is Drake wearing a hearing aid or something to feed him his lines? Never noticed it before today.

I noticed that too and thought it was a hearing aid.

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The ISA is awfully convenient in terms of folks escaping town. Steve and John could maybe go to ISA School, and help train young agents. That way they could go on 'vacation' and come back a few weeks later. They are far too old to go on adventures.

Justin had so few belongings, except for his vinyl collection.

Yeah, Steve & John leaving town to train new agents would be far more believable than pretending like the ISA needs these sexagenarians to come out of retirement to help them solve cases. It's ridiculous at this point. Hell, I'm surprised Shane is still working for them too; he should have retired years ago. 

I got a good laugh at Justin packing up his record collection and basically nothing else. Couldn't they have at least had him pack some things from the kitchen?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So stupid to have her heel break, and then magically, Jennifer's shoes fit her without any insoles or anything to make them smaller,

This! Yesterday I yelled at Jen to give Kayla her shoes. Or run upstairs and grab a pair of Sarah's.  Then today, suddenly Jen offers her her shoes!

4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

And then buying a full price ticket at the airport only to have Steve change his mind.

That is quite the airport where you can apparently go through security to the gate without a ticket or boarding pass, and then turn around to go purchase a ticket.

And leaving a plane that is about to depart is also not an easy thing to do these days.  All they had to do was have Kayla reach him outside security, he could have been on the other side.  She could have been jumping up and down waving at him.

ellen barkin help GIF by Animal Kingdom on TNT

• Love 5

Yesterday's episode reminded of the show I fell in love with in 1984.  I don't think I hit the FF button on any scenes now that I think about it.  Wally Kurth hit it out of the park yesterday.  I'm glad Justin realized he couldn't marry Kayla knowing what he knew about Steve.  He loves Kayla enough to let her go.  Then the scenes in the condo with Sonny, he broke my heart when he started crying.  I hope he submits this as his Emmy reel next year.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Yesterday's episode reminded of the show I fell in love with in 1984.  I don't think I hit the FF button on any scenes now that I think about it.  Wally Kurth hit it out of the park yesterday.  I'm glad Justin realized he couldn't marry Kayla knowing what he knew about Steve.  He loves Kayla enough to let her go.  Then the scenes in the condo with Sonny, he broke my heart when he started crying.  I hope he submits this as his Emmy reel next year.  

It was just like 1984, minus the good sets.  Trouble for me is that all these characters are now almost 40 years older but not a one of them acts like it.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, boes said:

All I saw today was the gang at the Malt Shop saying that Betty heard from Veronica, who told Reggie in confidence and he told Moose that he heard Miss Grundy say that she had on good authority that Mr. Weatherbee said that Midge REALLY loved Pop Tate, while at the wedding, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Josie and the Pussycats had a REAL bad fight.

I understand why you see it that way, but I think it's believable to realize that some of these characters are emotionally immature and would still possibly act this way.  Not everyone "grows up" just because they age.  Steve Johnson is a good example of this.  He has been using the same playbook for 30+ years now.  Steve is crippled by his insecurity and, yes, one would think he would be confident that Kayla loves him by now, but those childhood traumas don't just go away over time.  He did this exact same thing to her when he pushed her to marry Jack (and we all know how that turned out) and was prepared to do it all over again even though he KNEW it was a super bad idea - all because he always thinks Kayla is better off with someone else and tries to make those decisions for her.  It's infuriating but realistic.  I think we all know someone like Steve and there are usually good people like Kayla who love them despite their flaws.  Luckily in this case, Justin had enough foresight to see where the road was leading and bowed out gracefully.

• Love 3
On 7/8/2020 at 2:47 AM, TenaciousWarrior said:

Steve’s self pity is annoying. I miss “take action” Steve. I can’t feel sorry for him with his pity party if he refuses to tell Kayla how he feels.

just hella contrieved to be honest. 

• Love 4

17 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I also loved the mention of Bo, as well as Steve telling Hope it's time to move on from his death. This comment coupled with the recent deluge of Hope & Rafe scenes makes me go hmmmmm.

uhm , she did that already  during the period where he was away from salem for 2 years . she was even on the verge of marrying Aiden back then. she even trashed him a couple of times and only Steve and Joey (when she told Hope that she is technically no longer his aunt now that she marrying Aiden ) stood up and defended Bo's honour. she loved Bo so much that she did nothing when his kidnapper was revealed to be  DEimos Kiriakis and Hope pretty much let him off the hook. and its not like they have been mentioning Bo in the last years anyway .

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, domina89 said:

I understand why you see it that way, but I think it's believable to realize that some of these characters are emotionally immature and would still possibly act this way.  Not everyone "grows up" just because they age.  Steve Johnson is a good example of this.  He has been using the same playbook for 30+ years now.  Steve is crippled by his insecurity and, yes, one would think he would be confident that Kayla loves him by now, but those childhood traumas don't just go away over time.  He did this exact same thing to her when he pushed her to marry Jack (and we all know how that turned out) and was prepared to do it all over again even though he KNEW it was a super bad idea - all because he always thinks Kayla is better off with someone else and tries to make those decisions for her.  It's infuriating but realistic.  I think we all know someone like Steve and there are usually good people like Kayla who love them despite their flaws.  Luckily in this case, Justin had enough foresight to see where the road was leading and bowed out gracefully.

I get what you're saying, and you're right.  My problem is that they're ALL acting like seniors in high school, not seniors with AARP cards.  Hope, Jenn, John, Marlena, all of them.  They all shouldn't still be so socially stunted.  But then again, this is the same town that keeps insisting Marlena is a good therapist, so there ya go.

Kayla needs new friends.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

Tamara Price-what was the whole point exactly? Im talking about her fainting spell. like what was the pointof it all ?

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5

I have to say, I feel really badly for Kayla. She hasn't had a good marriage with Steve in a long time. He's always absent or there's some other drama... And she's a hardworking doctor at the hospital so that means she keeps crazy hours and is so emotionally depleted she really just needs a good guy who will love her and not add to her level of stress. Her moving on with Justin makes a lot of practical sense, but obviously her heart still belongs to Steve. That must be a very frustrating feeling. And we all know that once she and Steve are a couple again, more drama will ensue because this is Salem LOL....so Kayla just seems doomed to constantly be dealing with stress and possible abandonment thanks to the man she's hopelessly devoted to. Yay?

Like pretty much everything else on the show, I would be enjoying this so much more if they had taken the time to write Kayla and Justin's relationship a bit more convincingly so that we could become invested in it. The scenes this week are well acted, but they should be the payoff to what was built up before. This relationship is kind of a bandage for both of them and not what either of them really wants.

The Key to the City ceremony was so dumb. I have no idea what they're doing with Kate anymore. From her working at the Pub, then sleeping with Stevano (I guess we're glossing over that rape, huh?) to her writing 36 page memos that Abe doesn't even bother to read, all the while fussing in the Town Square like anybody gives a damn about the stupid ceremony, I'm just lost. Kate used to rule. Can we go back to that?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The Key to the City ceremony was so dumb. I have no idea what they're doing with Kate anymore. From her working at the Pub, then sleeping with Stevano (I guess we're glossing over that rape, huh?) to her writing 36 page memos that Abe doesn't even bother to read, all the while fussing in the Town Square like anybody gives a damn about the stupid ceremony, I'm just lost. Kate used to rule. Can we go back to that?

Kate and Stevano did not sleep together. Neither one was really interested. He was just staying in her room at the Pub. 

• Love 3

Were the writers teasing the viewers of the show today when they had Bonnie talking about "Super-couples" 🙂 She named all the obvious ones: John/Marlena, Jack/Jennifer, Patch/Kayla & then she said "Bonnie & Lucas" lol.  I think "Super-couples" are an "old" concept on soaps now.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I seem to recall them physically sharing a bed at one point.

Because the show is so cheap.

He was sleeping in the same bed, but they made it clear that there was no funny business. It was the same thing as Steve sleeping on Hope's couch in her house even though there are multiple bedrooms.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Because the show is so cheap.

He was sleeping in the same bed, but they made it clear that there was no funny business. It was the same thing as Steve sleeping on Hope's couch in her house even though there are multiple bedrooms.

Or Eli having to sleep on the couch at Rafe's.  Maybe they're all hard up for money and using their extra bedrooms as Air BNBs?

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have to say, I feel really badly for Kayla. She hasn't had a good marriage with Steve in a long time. He's always absent or there's some other drama... And she's a hardworking doctor at the hospital so that means she keeps crazy hours and is so emotionally depleted she really just needs a good guy who will love her and not add to her level of stress. Her moving on with Justin makes a lot of practical sense, but obviously her heart still belongs to Steve. That must be a very frustrating feeling. And we all know that once she and Steve are a couple again, more drama will ensue because this is Salem LOL....so Kayla just seems doomed to constantly be dealing with stress and possible abandonment thanks to the man she's hopelessly devoted to. Yay?

Like pretty much everything else on the show, I would be enjoying this so much more if they had taken the time to write Kayla and Justin's relationship a bit more convincingly so that we could become invested in it. The scenes this week are well acted, but they should be the payoff to what was built up before. This relationship is kind of a bandage for both of them and not what either of them really wants.

oh well, its time she retired as a doctor and just focus spending quality time with Steve . lets face it ,this doctor gig is the reason why she hardly dated or hooked up with anybody during steve's 16 year absence from salem . plus she was a single mum raising an infant daughter. when she returned in 2010, she was raising a toddler son who became a teen overnight.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, domina89 said:

Well Jack and Jennifer have always been nosy, which is why being reporters was a perfect career choice for both of them. I kind of like them being the town busybodies and being all gossipy together. It suits them and Matt and Missy are very entertaining when given lighter, more comedic, material to work with.

THIS!  In fact, a big reason J&J are my all time fave DOOL couple is because they were a fun, wacky couple (not as wacky as Eugene & Calliope, tho...) So I loved that they had the usual couple challenges (misunderstandings, roadblocks, etc.) but they were also a light-hearted, fun couple. [Of course, this is long after the Jack raping Kayla or Jen being raped by Lawrence storylines] 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

ITA to all this. Kayla keeps riding the same carousel with Steve. That's why I wanted her to end up with Justin to break out of her sad cycle with Steve. I do feel Steve & Kayla are each others' twu luv but that's doesn't mean they MUST be together. The many stoppages in their relationship/marriage put a kibosh on me feeling like they should be Endgame forever until the end of time.  Kayla deserves better. [And, IMHO, as the best of the Brady siblings, she deserves better than the show has ever given her].

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So Doctor Kayla Johnson, chief doctor at Salem Hospital, is just going to hop onto a plane and skip town without letting anybody in the hospital know she's leaving?

In theory, wouldn't she have been taking time off anyway for her honeymoon?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I'll dissent: I am SO HAPPY that Steve and Kayla are together again! One good thing on this show. The way I see it, drama would have resulted even if Kayla stayed with Justin because...well, DRAMA! It's Salem, after all! But for me only, it's nice to see true love prevail on the show as there is enough of it not happening in real life.

Hopefully, Justin can recover and find someone. I'm just glad he knew he would never be #1 for Kayla. And in a marriage, I think that is pretty imperative. So I'm glad he was a grownup about this.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Were the writers teasing the viewers of the show today when they had Bonnie talking about "Super-couples" 🙂 She named all the obvious ones: John/Marlena, Jack/Jennifer, Patch/Kayla & then she said "Bonnie & Lucas" lol.  I think "Super-couples" are an "old" concept on soaps now.  

Yea, it was the kind of meta thing Ron (and I lol) loves.

UO alert: I love Bonnie so I'm happy she's back.

The Lucas/Kate and then Lucas/Kate/Rafe scenes were so good. I just love Lucas. Bring Lucas back full time, show!

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Does anyone actually listen when Allie speaks? Because if they did, no one would ask her to reconsider putting her baby up for adoption. (Also, show? Not anyone else's choice but Allie's anyway.)

And the baby's father.

Honestly if Rafe was such a great guy (HE IS NOT), he should have taken himself out of the running once he found out that Will and Sonny want to adopt the baby. Not because I think Will and Sonny should get the baby, but it is freaking obviously that Allie had not really thought about giving her baby up for adoption. She has been pregnant for months and showed up in Salem not knowing what she was going to do except making sure her entire family keeps the secret from her mother. After one conversation with Will and Sonny, she realizes that raising a baby is not an easy job so she decides to give her baby to Rafe when she runs into him later that same day.

Rafe has just lost custody of a child that he tried to legally adopt and got royally screwed because the biological father never signed away his rights to David. He should take the time to grieve that loss and if he goes ahead with this plan, he will deserve the heartache when Allie gives the baby to someone else.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rafael said:

oh well, its time she retired as a doctor and just focus spending quality time with Steve . lets face it ,this doctor gig is the reason why she hardly dated or hooked up with anybody during steve's 16 year absence from salem . plus she was a single mum raising an infant daughter. when she returned in 2010, she was raising a toddler son who became a teen overnight.

I thought this whole baby switch story which was an epic fail could've led to Kayla being ousted from the Chief of Staff position through a malpractice lawsuit with Melinda Trask leading the charge driven by revenge over Kayla letting Haley be killed in her hospital.  This would be the final straw over all the terrible things that happened there. Kate almost dying there during Julie's heart transplant, the paternity switches etc.  Kayla could've lost her license over all this or at least be fired and just start up her own clinic on the Riverfront instead. 

Then they could've brought back Mike Horton or Craig Wesley to be Chief of Staff. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Marlena has all the warmth of a Frigidaire standing freezer but I enjoyed her putting on her Psk face and handing Ally a nicely wrapped "STFU", something everyone else has been too frightened to do.  It's Ally's decision to do what she wants with her baby, but if she wants to dish it out then she should learn how to take it as well.  

Then Marlena completely folded after Ally shamelessly flattered her by telling Grandma RoboMar how much better a person she is than Sami.

Sami is going to pissed and when she's mad, well, 

giphy.gif

I hope they like it crispy.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
(edited)

While I'm glad that Steve and Kayla have reunited, their reconciliation today was meh IMO.

First off, the whole eppy should have been about them....I FFd the filler storylines just for the airport scenes.  Also, the slap she gave Steve was great and well deserved but he really should have gotten a punch in the gut.  But I digress.

After yesterday's powerful WK scenes I was expecting more anger and passion from Stayla.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, boes said:

I get what you're saying, and you're right.  My problem is that they're ALL acting like seniors in high school, not seniors with AARP cards.  Hope, Jenn, John, Marlena, all of them.  They all shouldn't still be so socially stunted.  But then again, this is the same town that keeps insisting Marlena is a good therapist, so there ya go.

Kayla needs new friends.  

You think this is bad? You should have seen the show when the JJ Teen Scene inexplicably had Dr. Tan, Suddenly Southern, and Jen as major players. In any event, it was nice to see the vets taking a front seat. Also wish Wally Kurth got more to do. Maybe he and Lucas can enter into some kind of late in life companionship deal.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 4
(edited)
38 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

You think this is bad? You should have seen the show when the JJ Teen Scene inexplicably had Dr. Tan, Suddenly Southern, and Jen as major players. In any event, it was nice to see the vets taking a front seat. Also wish Wally Kurth got more to do. Maybe he and Lucas can enter into some kind of late in life companionship deal.

Oh, I saw all that.  The memories are burned in my mind.  Dr. Tan the Dan Man, the broiled meat who ate Salem.  That was a dark, scary and loooooooong period.

If he was still around, he'd be the one reuniting Steve and Kayla, delivering Ally's baby and she'd be begging him to raise it.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, boes said:

Oh, I saw all that.  The memories are burned in my mind.  Dr. Tan the Dan Man, the broiled meat who ate Salem.  That was a dark, scary and loooooooong period.

If he was still around, he'd be the one reuniting Steve and Kayla, delivering Ally's baby and she'd be begging him to raise it.

I’m probably the only one who liked Daniel. I liked him with Chloe.

• Love 2

Kayla, you are taking Steve back waaay too fast. Both of you need to hash a lot of things out - his insecurity about loving you, you taking him back on a dime knowing full well that he may be an ass to you again and again. More like setting and enforcing good boundaries so you don't keep going through the spin cycle. Yes, you are welcome in my life, but you need to do a, b, and c. No real build up to them reuniting, just her marrying Justin and Justin knowing full well that his marriage will not last and that Kayla will run back to her true love. Steve hasn't learned much of anything and still can manipulate her.

Justin thought Bonnie was Adrienne, but not Lucas.

Thought Marlena wasn't all that happy that she would become a great-grandmother again. She seemed cold to Allie. And why is everyone so afraid of Sami? Sami doesn't live there any more and can only cause so much havoc at a time. It is Sami's daughter and eventually she and Allie will have to talk.

Neither Will and Sonny nor Rafe should be adopting Allie's baby. Find some agency, find some stranger. And oh yeah, ask the daddy to sign away his legal right.s

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Justin thought Bonnie was Adrienne, but not Lucas.

Wasn't Lucas and Bonnie just a dream? 

I wasn't watching at that time so did Lucas and Adrienne have an affair or was it Bonnie the whole time?

I remember Bonnie as being a bit brassier.  Today, she felt like how Adrienne should have been written. 

Kayla did take Steve back too quickly.  Ever since Steve has been back he has been so passive.  It's even in the performance.  Kayla wasn't doing anything wrong. This is the point that Steve should be trying to woo her back for how he has failed her.  Not Kayla going to him and then "shrug, let's go away."  I did enjoy MBE today.

Wally was good as well. 

I have yet to watch the past two episodes so I'm sure I'll have thoughts on that later.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Don't forget he groped her while examining her as a doctor.  

13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I remember Bonnie as being a bit brassier.  Today, she felt like how Adrienne should have been written. 

I am speculating as a longtime soap fan but I think that Bonnie will turn out to be a brainwashed Adrienne after all is said and done.   Somehow Adrienne and Bonnie were switched and Bonnie was the one who died in that car crash.. Ron is nothing if not predictable so it will probably come to pass..

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

That's just his go to move with women that he is attracted. They are also called patients.

I think he ended up dating Chelsea, Kate, Chloe, Jennifer and Nicole. All whom he was their doctor first, boyfriend later.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I am speculating as a longtime soap fan but I think that Bonnie will turn out to be a brainwashed Adrienne after all is said and done.   Somehow Adrienne and Bonnie were switched and Bonnie was the one who died in that car crash.. Ron is nothing if not predictable so it will probably come to pass..

And I would be more than fine with this theory. Ecstatic, even, if it meant Bonnie was worm food.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I wasn't watching at that time so did Lucas and Adrienne have an affair or was it Bonnie the whole time?

Kayla did take Steve back too quickly.  Ever since Steve has been back he has been so passive.  It's even in the performance.  Kayla wasn't doing anything wrong. This is the point that Steve should be trying to woo her back for how he has failed her.  Not Kayla going to him and then "shrug, let's go away."  I did enjoy MBE today.

Wally was good as well. 

I have yet to watch the past two episodes so I'm sure I'll have thoughts on that later.

Unfortunately no Lucas hooked up with Bonnie but he was drunk and thought she was Adrienne which Bonnie knew BTW but this is par for the course with this show and questionable consent. He thought he was Baby Bonnie's father at one point because of it.

Lucas/Adrienne had an affair then became engaged at one point. She was still in love with Justin and they split.

Yes Stayla was rushed and they didn't even deal with their actual problem of why Steve left in the first place because Kayla went behind his back and got the bionic eye from Stefan for Steve. This whole thing made their separation/divorce pointless tbh. I'm glad they just ended that DOA triangle at this point.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I wish SC played Mike Horton instead of Daniel however he was a lot more watchable when he was a dog acknowledged as one and the show didn't make him God back then when he first showed up. Then he became shoehorned into everything with people singing his praises that's what ruined the character. I mean JJ hating Daniel was awesome and predictably short lived because how dare Jack/Jennifer's son hate Daniel and by extension Jennifer/Abby for moving on from Jack so quickly(its a moot point now since Jack is alive)

The Dan years were worse but at least back then it seemed there were more lasting consequences for things that happened back then as opposed to now where everything is resolved a few episodes later as if nothing happened.

At least with current Days the characters who have been with the show for decades are featured a lot more now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was reading comments from some fans yesterday that talked about how much they loved the S&K reunion so I was really looking forward to it when I got home.  What I saw was --- meh, which makes me sad after Wednesday's episode (other than when she slapped him because that was always her MO when he made her mad).  Kayla always seems to fall into Steve's arms when he apologies (remember the scene in the cabin after he told her Jack was Billy).  I would like to see her tell Steve "no" and him to actually have to fight for her. He's steps back, but when he realizes he wants her back, he expects her to go running into his arms and she usually does.  I realize the next few weeks are going to be the Cin and the Ericole weddings so I'm not sure when we will get scenes with them again, but I hope when we do they really talk about things.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wish SC played Mike Horton instead of Daniel however he was a lot more watchable when he was a dog acknowledged as one and the show didn't make him God back then when he first showed up. Then he became shoehorned into everything with people singing his praises that's what ruined the character. I mean JJ hating Daniel was awesome and predictably short lived because how dare Jack/Jennifer's son hate Daniel and by extension Jennifer/Abby for moving on from Jack so quickly(its a moot point now since Jack is alive)

The Dan years were worse but at least back then it seemed there were more lasting consequences for things that happened back then as opposed to now where everything is resolved a few episodes later as if nothing happened.

At least with current Days the characters who have been with the show for decades are featured a lot more now.

exactly. it makes one wonder why TIIC didnt cast him as a legacy character if they intended to shove him down our throats . there wouldnt have been any need to destroy characters in order to prop up Taniel . 

He should have been cast as either David Banning or Mike Horton . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes Stayla was rushed and they didn't even deal with their actual problem of why Steve left in the first place because Kayla went behind his back and got the bionic eye from Stefan for Steve. This whole thing made their separation/divorce pointless tbh. I'm glad they just ended that DOA triangle at this point.

it was hella contrieved though . I still insist that Steve's departure should have been about him embarking on a revenge mission against Angelo and Eddie Vitale ,who ordered the hit on Steve's son , Joey . and controversially, I still say Joey should have bit the dust . it makes no sense for Joey to murder a mafia princess and her crime family not avenging her . steve going on a rambo style suicide mission offscreen to avenge Joey  would have sufficed and explained his absence . 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 10:25 PM, norcalgal said:

ITA to all this. Kayla keeps riding the same carousel with Steve. That's why I wanted her to end up with Justin to break out of her sad cycle with Steve. I do feel Steve & Kayla are each others' twu luv but that's doesn't mean they MUST be together. The many stoppages in their relationship/marriage put a kibosh on me feeling like they should be Endgame forever until the end of time.  Kayla deserves better. [And, IMHO, as the best of the Brady siblings, she deserves better than the show has ever given her].

lest face it , all their contrieved breakups post 2006 were largely a result of Stephen Nichols exiting the show . most of us can see right through these breakups . they are  done to simply explain Stephen Nichol's absence . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes. I don't think they showed Bonnie actually meeting up with Lucas again yet.

She said she'd gotten more mature or whatever because of her book. But, let's face it, it's really because, as @Pearson80 said, she's going to actually be a brainwashed/chipped/whatever Adrienne.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Where's Roman these days?  Pub is open for business but the owner/manager isn't around, even with his pregnant granddaughter in town?  How has he managed to avoid being yelled at by her, and how/why did he miss his sister's almost-wedding to Justin?  

Were there any explanations that you all heard that I missed?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7