Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

As much as everyone here hates “sanctimonious” Eric, he had every fucking right to hate the hell out of Xander because he victimized Eric twice now fully knowing he was doing so.

I'm certainly not an Eric fan but I don't hate the character. I tend to be rather neutral on him until he starts his judging thing - then he wears me out. And I do like Xander. But as far as this storyline goes? Eric is right! He should be angry. And Sara has that right too but the writers having her do this stupid revenge thing with Brady is ... insultingly stupid.

Maybe you should not have disappeared, Steve, for all those years. Some wasn't your fault - i.e. being turned in to Stevano, but you chose to ignore Kayla for a long time and she has a right to have had enough of you and move on. Yes, you can still love each other but love does not equal relationship. You can love many people. 

I still love me some Steve and Kayla and despite a lot of bad writing and a lot of actor firings (Nichols mostly) the actors have managed to hang onto the chemistry they've always had. Even having said that, I like Kayla and Justin. Maybe not in the same way because the writers haven't really committed to telling any kind of real story with them but in the very least I like the actors together. I know Steve and Kayla will eventually reunite and it's too bad it is such a foregone conclusion because you are right - people can have many loves. And honestly given the story on screen, who could blame Kayla for moving on and maybe wanting a stable relationship? I wouldn't that's for sure.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

audience wow GIF

Yes I know I always hope for a different answer though..... or women to realize this is not the answer. One can age gracefully if they take care of themselves or get Deidre Hall's and Lauren Koslow's plastic surgeon if needed.

• Love 4

Not to go to off topic, but I have all sorts of mixed feelings about cosmetic surgery. On the one hand I completely believe it someone's right to dye their hair a different colour, or lose weight or get a facelift if they really want to. I mean it's their body right? Who am I to judge? At the same time, I think when we see cosmetic surgery...that's what we see. We start to lose the person because we know that what's been done to the person can't be changed. And the fact that it's elective, that someone chose to go under a knife, adds to the creepiness.

Koslow does look amazing, but I find myself studying her face sometimes rather than listening to her dialogue. Pretty much every time I see Deidra now I'm looking to see which parts look normal and which parts don't. When she has to act frightened or happy I'm paying attention to the way her skin reacts or doesn't. I'm trying to figure out which parts are frozen and which parts are stuffed. That's creepy. I wish I wasn't thinking that way, but I sometimes do.

I would much prefer it if women were allowed to just age and still continue to work in the entertainment industry. I think we'd have a very different-looking roster of Hollywood actresses if that was the case, but nowadays it's men and women doing it equally. And I think it's probably only going to become more common as it becomes more affordable. I've just seen a lot of really beautiful older people who wear their age so well and it does make me sad that we'll never get to see how some of these people would have looked without modifications.

Tom and Alice looked great, didn't they? I don't think anybody would have turned off their television just because there were old people on it! And I definitely think Drake has looked so much better since he let himself go fully grey and silver in the hair department. Those last few years of him dying his hair were so strange, visually. But beyond visuals, maybe the real trouble is that the show just doesn't know how to write for older people in an interesting way. We don't need to see seventy year olds trying to decide who they should marry for the fifth time, or breaking down doors and getting in fist fights. They don't all have to be in wheelchairs either. it just seems like the realities of being a certain age aren't factoring into the stories at all, so I guess it's no surprise that the actors feel they have to look as young as possible to keep partaking in the show.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, katie9918 said:

Greasy Xander deserves NO sympathy whatsoever IMO.

Xander and Julie are two characters I don't think I'll ever manage to find sympathy for. They're too ready to pity themselves (though their actions are not really equivalent otherwise), for one thing -- so what do they need me for? Julie's sanctimonious and saccharine nastiness isn't on a par with Xander's corruption, of course, but I'll never feel about either one the way the show clearly expects me to.

• Love 3

I definitely think Drake has looked so much better since he let himself go fully grey and silver in the hair department

I've been going grey since my 30's and last year I finally decided no more dying and I embraced my grey. Those first couple of weeks were tough - I'd see all that white in the mirror and want to run out to get it colored! But I do agree with you on the plastic surgery thing. When I see Hunter Tylo (Taylor on B&B) it makes me want to weep. She was absolutely gorgeous and now? LK either has a great surgeon or she's been very selective on what she's gotten done - or maybe it's both!

Xander and Julie are two characters I don't think I'll ever manage to find sympathy for

I don't have much use for Julie but I do like Xander. I know he's at fault for his misery but I still feel for him. I think the writers have put some effort into trying to redeem him which is far more than I can say for Ben.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

When I see Hunter Tylo (Taylor on B&B) it makes me want to weep. She was absolutely gorgeous and now?

Oh completely. That is absolutely the number one example in the plastic surgery cautionary tale looks department. She was absolutely stunning, and would have aged so beautifully I'm sure. It's weird how the actress who plays her daughter on the show has had similar work done, by coincidence I hope, so both of them have that same kind of silly putty face thing going on. Look, it's not fair for me to comment on their appearances and they're both beautiful, but I just wish they had left it alone. They rolled the dice and it didn't go well. It just makes me think that there's so many people who don't have what they naturally had to begin with, and yet even though they had that level of beauty it wasn't enough. They wanted a reassurance that they would never lose it, which is something no one will ever have.

But still, I feel so badly for Hunter. I remember when her character first came back from the dead, and everybody was just laughing about the fact that Brooke was even able to recognize her when she appeared in the doorway 😞

I definitely feel sympathy for Xander, but I just keep waiting for Paul Telfer's range to improve by another 15%. I think he's a great part of the cast and I'm so glad they've kept him on full-time, but I still feel like he can grow as a performer. Hopefully he'll get up there, and Xander will be redeemed but continue to be a kind of bad boy cuz I think that's where he's worked best.

I wonder if he will ever be an enemy to Nicole and Eric again in the sense that he and Eric are at each other's throats. I feel like Xander hasn't had his face punched in in quite a while, LOL. I feel like it would be wise to get him involved in Eric and Nicole's wedding drama. There's just so much history there.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

When I see Hunter Tylo (Taylor on B&B) it makes me want to weep. She was absolutely gorgeous and now? LK either has a great surgeon or she's been very selective on what she's gotten done - or maybe it's both!

She sure was.  I first saw her on All My Children years and years ago and I honestly did not recognize her when I saw her on B&B.  I don't watch B&B much at all but when I saw her name I didn't believe it was the same person.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, boes said:

She sure was.  I first saw her on All My Children years and years ago and I honestly did not recognize her when I saw her on B&B.  I don't watch B&B much at all but when I saw her name I didn't believe it was the same person.

I remember her as Marina Toscano, Steve's first wife and Isabella's sister. She was stunning then

• Love 3

John and Marlena when discussing Claire being released mentioned that Hope and Ciara should weigh in.  
when Ben was released Eve, Will,  Abigail, Chad, Serena family or the midwife family did not get any say. 
when Jordan was released Ben,Ciara and Rafe did not get any say. 

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Koslow does look amazing, but I find myself studying her face sometimes rather than listening to her dialogue. Pretty much every time I see Deidra now I'm looking to see which parts look normal and which parts don't. When she has to act frightened or happy I'm paying attention to the way her skin reacts or doesn't. I'm trying to figure out which parts are frozen and which parts are stuffed. That's creepy. I wish I wasn't thinking that way, but I sometimes do.

When you see Deidre next to her twin sister Andrea side by side and you will see the extensive work that she has done and she has done alot.. 

Lauren's surgeries are tasteful and subtle. She does look amazing and I wish that she would do something about her hair..

Hunter Tylo's face is a tragedy, unbelievable... 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3

All the plastic surgery talk is way off topic but did want to mention MBE/Kayla’s rl husband is a plastic surgeon in LA and very successful. That always tickled me since they got together very young and she’s aged gracefully or without any drastic work, which is his life. It’s shows they really love each other.

The actress who plays Kate and the one who plays Gabi and KD/Eve are endlessly fascinating in rl too. 20x the opposite of their characters. Someone speculated why Kate is still on and I have to guess it’s the same reason Jennifer and Hope are on, the brass like the actors. LK talked often candidly about her kids or dating and being nervous and insecure; one very endearing story was how she always wanted a pony growing up so for Christmas morning “Santa”  got her daughter a pretty pony and son a rugged one and her daughter grabbed the rough and ready one and son fell for the cute gentle one & I completely understood what it felt like being a mom wanting to give your babies all you dreamed of and kids surprising you and it being such a humorous joy and better than anything you ever wanted. CB/Gabi has been leading free salsa classes online during the pandemic and sharing recipes as wholesome as can be. KD/Eve - I personally know people who she’s quietly paid for their college tuition and she’s never mentioned that publicly for clout or ass pats. I don’t know if she knows at least one she paid for went on to be a college professor and paying it forward. 

I do see DH’s  work when she smiles or reacts her eyes get small or face stiff and it’s hard to see the emotion. I don’t know a lot about this irl but I think in some case like the Hunter Tylo one mentioned when someone already has great features, like etched cheeks and full lips and they want to “enhance” what is already phenomenal or the surgeon is stupid it goes wrong. I was very close to someone who had high cheekbones naturally and got fillers and it looked ridiculous like way too etched. I feel like an asshole for even typing that paragraph it’s so superficial. 

back to show! I think Elani, Ericole weddings will be in Horton Square mall and Justin and Kayla wedding will be in Kiriakis living room. 

I find it interesting Claire’s only friendships are with women older than her. Eve, Jordan, Gwen. I think she’s more mature than people give her credit for. I’d this was a more nuanced show or talented writer this would be addressed even in a single episode like she was looking for a mom/grandma or older sibling figure or lonely. Fucking sad when teen shows or soaps put in more work even in throw away scenes and lines. Like I hate Ciara but they never even addressed why she ignored or didn’t notice her mom was out of her mind over a year 😳 Eli is the most bland person ever but perfectly okay w Lani being a dirty cop for Kristen and having lied a YEAR about his grandma’s life in danger and being a nun like you can be the human embodiment of Xanax but still would give a shit?  like what is even this writing OTH, Degrassi or The OC is more sophisticated or sensitive. Ron is so lazy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I caught up on the past few days of shows.  The Jack and Steve scenes were almost as good as their last scenes together. I liked how Jack chastised Steve for not letting Kayla think for herself.  It was unspoken but it had definite echoes to the past. 

Although it was a bit jarring to see Jack defend Steve's position to Jennifer the next day.  It makes sense that he'd understand the position Steve took but I'd think Jack would acknowledge Jennifer's position more.  I did like their interplay when Kayla showed up. 

Also, I noticed Jennifer was drinking water so it looks like whoever put together that show paid attention to sobriety.  I know it can come and go with some other characters (like Eric.)

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 6:57 PM, Irlandesa said:

Maybe but I'd take Ron over Dena.  All day and every day.

The same Ron kinda copied Dena Higley's  superior written Sydnapping storyline. Which was Dena's finest moment as head writer . 

Dena is rightfully recognized as one of the worst head writers to ever pen for the show . What does it say about Carlivati when he kinda rips off Dena's Dena's storyline? 

His babyswitch storyline ended up being completely convoluted and overblown . 

He expects us to believe that Victor would arrange to have Brady's daughter be raised by Safah just cos he wants to protect Maggie by depriving his own grandson from raising his offspring . . Not mention that Tate is with Theresa . Why would victor decide to keep Brady from Rachel ? 

The real Victor would have simply tried to kill Kristen so Brady could have sole custody of the baby.  Plain and Simple. Who was going to miss Kristen anyway ? 

The real Victor would have found a random baby to pose as Mackenzie . But Carlivati chose to use Rachel and Mackenzie in the storyline for Emmy baiting purposes by putting the likes of Martsolf,Haiduk,Aniston ,Suzanne ,Chandler,Wally,Telfer ,Vaughan and Godfrey in a position to deliver powerful and emotionally charged performances . He is so smug ,he probably Pat's himself on the back for this "innovative" storyline and he no doubt views it as his signature storyline even though some actions from characters like Victor made no sense . 

I think Carlivati is dangerously close when it comes to being Dena's equal in the awful -writing department. 

The only thing he does well is one liners and adding some humor . That's it. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, Rafael said:

The same Ron kinda copied Dena Higley's  superior written Sydnapping storyline. Which was Dena's finest moment as head writer . 

Dena is rightfully recognized as one of the worst head writers to ever pen for the show . What does it say about Carlivati when he kinda rips off Dena's Dena's storyline? 

His babyswitch storyline ended up being completely convoluted and overblown . 

He expects us to believe that Victor would arrange to have Brady's daughter be raised by Safah just cos he wants to protect Maggie by depriving his own grandson from raising his offspring . . Not mention that Tate is with Theresa . Why would victor decide to keep Brady from Rachel ? 

The real Victor would have simply tried to kill Kristen so Brady could have sole custody of the baby.  Plain and Simple. Who was going to miss Kristen anyway ? 

The real Victor would have found a random baby to pose as Mackenzie . But Carlivati chose to use Rachel and Mackenzie in the storyline for Emmy baiting purposes by putting the likes of Martsolf,Haiduk,Aniston ,Suzanne ,Chandler,Wally,Telfer ,Vaughan and Godfrey in a position to deliver powerful and emotionally charged performances . He is so smug ,he probably Pat's himself on the back for this "innovative" storyline and he no doubt views it as his signature storyline even though some actions from characters like Victor made no sense . 

I think Carlivati is dangerously close when it comes to being Dena's equal in the awful -writing department. 

The only thing he does well is one liners and adding some humor . That's it. 

Uh Dena copied the young and restless baby switch with Shelia and lauren even down to the way that Dylan and grace died.I

Also I'm not seeing how that this baby switch is anything like Sydney if anything there more similar to his other baby switches on his other soaps.

Edited by Harmony233
Add things
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

....wait, when was Claire friends with Jordan? I know they both locked Ciara up in the cabin, but when did they become friends?

I think they were referring to the Halloween episode where Claire/Jordan were friends who teamed up to take out their enemies in Salem. 

However this didn't actually happen it was Ben's dream.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Uh Dena copied the young and restless baby switch with Shelia and lauren even down to the way that Dylan and grace died.I

Also I'm not seeing how that this baby switch is anything like Sydney if anything there more similar to his other baby switches on his other soaps.

Oh dear. That actually makes it worse for Carlivati. 

He ripped off a ripped off storyline. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Rafael said:

I think Ron is already there in my opinion..  I think Ron would benefit with having a co-writer who can temper his worst instincts.. He has some good ideas but his execution is awful.. He was right to bring back Will and Jack who should never have been killed off.  I did like how Jennifer had to be the one to chase Jack instead of the usual. If only Jack had been with another woman other than Eve.. I thought Jarlena's wedding with Kristen orchestrating Marlena getting shot was awesome and I did like the conflict over John and Belle over Marlena's living will.. He had good stories but it went downhill with Stefan his worthless creation falling for a wig, I hated Abigail and now I had to endure two more versions of her via her DID. I loved the serial killer interrupting Paulson's wedding to tell them Will was alive. Now the same serial killer has been deified.. With Ron you will get a good story and then he gives you an awful story that makes you want to vomit.. I will never forgive him for what he did to Vivian Anjelica and Adrienne.. I fear that we are stuck with Ron till the bitter end..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

The Claire/Gwen conversation was interesting, especially Gwen's admitting to faking her breakdown to get committed but now she somehow has to get uncommitted in order to get on with her life but who knows how long she wants to stay in Bayview.  I kind of hate that Claire's entire existence has been boiled down to her being jealous of Ciara because Ciara always wins and she always loses.   It was great seeing Belle and Shawn again but did they really think Claire would want to live in Hong Kong with them?  They know she wants to make amends to the people she's hurt and the majority of them currently live in Salem. 

And I'm of two minds when it comes to Ciara because I really appreciated her genuine worry over Gabi's being in danger but then she didn't seem to want to give Claire a second chance even though she's standing right next to the Necktie Killer who didn't seem too keen either about Claire's redemption.  The hypocrisy, she burns.

I did like Will's questioning Jake and not taking any of his crap, especially when Jake started bad-mouthing Gabi--Go Will, protect your Baby Momma 🙂  I did love Will's looking at Sonny with a "Can you believe this jerk?" eye roll-I'm liking Will's tougher attitude when it comes to the welfare of people he cares for.

• Love 12

Gosh I'm so torn about whether or not I want Jake to be Stefan.  I liked Stefan and Gabi but Jake's mysterious backstory with Gwen and even maybe the goons is so much more interesting...for now at least.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Gosh I'm so torn about whether or not I want Jake to be Stefan.  I liked Stefan and Gabi but Jake's mysterious backstory with Gwen and even maybe the goons is so much more interesting...for now at least.

I'm liking Gwen so far. And Jake isn't interesting . I'm hoping Gwen can change that.

• Love 3

It was nice to see Belle and Shawn today.  
Ciara did not know anything was wrong with her mom for over a year.  Hope figured out something was off with Ciara in few minutes.  
  Gwen may have faked her break down but she does seem crazy.  
Will and Sonny are good detectives.  Maybe Sonny should check if John is hiring. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

... Gwen's admitting to faking her breakdown to get committed but now she somehow has to get uncommitted in order to get on with her life...

And I'm already over Gwen. In my opinion this show relies entirely too much on fakery to drive stories: faked illnesses, faked relationships (blood and other), faked reform, faked vocation, faked identities, faked personalities, faked death.

It can't be that easy to talk one's way into the secure wing of a mental health facility, except in -- or in this case, presumably near -- Salem.  This sort of thing just makes everyone involved sound dumb. I wasn't that interested in the Claire character to begin with, and I could not care any less whether her mental state is genuinely healthy or not (though if I had to guess, I'd probably go with Not). The addition of Possibly Not (But Again, Probably) Really Nuts Gwen isn't going to make care about her vapid exploits. 

Hey, Ron: giving a character a personality disorder is not a substitute for giving her a personality. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
(edited)

Everyone in Salem: Ciara, you poor darling, we are so worried about Claire being released.

Ciara stands next to Ben. I'm fine.

Everyone in Salem: But Claire! She's so dangerous.

Ciara grabs Ben's muscular arm. I think I'll be OK.

Everyone in Salem: But we're not sure sure she's 100% OK.

Ciara coos at Ben. I feel protected.

Everyone in Salem: But! Claire!

Ciara rips off Ben's clothes. I'm a big girl. I miss Claire.

Edited by RunningMarket
Spelling
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Is anyone other than Eve allowed to hate him?

You mean, such as one of the people he actually killed? Apparently not. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Have always like Belle, Shawn and Claire. Disappointed that it looks like Claire won’t be okay.  I guess only Ben can be cured at that place. 
    Claire’s best hope was leaving with her parents   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Shawn’s line to Ben about being happy that “they will be brothers” annoyed me. Why must Shawn and everyone kiss Ben’s ass? Is anyone other than Eve allowed to hate him?

No.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Shawn’s line to Ben about being happy that “they will be brothers” annoyed me. Why must Shawn and everyone kiss Ben’s ass? Is anyone other than Eve allowed to hate him?

This is why I can’t watch this show anymore.  Did Shawn really say that?  I don’t really care much for Shawn, but still.  That is stupid.  He is happy that a serial killer will be his brother.  Do they not see how ridiculous that looks?  How ridiculous that sounds?  Who up in there is so obsessed with the serial killer that they’re destroying characters just to prop him?

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

He didn't say he was happy that they're going to be brothers, he just said that he guesses they're going to be brothers now.

With a smile on his face. It absolutely read as more propping and deifying of Ben.

It's so stupid. The biggest appeal Ben/Ciara have as a couple imo is in the drama of Ciara falling for a serial killer. When you have the whole town treat Ben as a hero instead of a pariah it's just like, what the fuck are you even doing lol.

Speaking of, I loled so hard at Belle saying Ben is treated like a pariah. Oh writers, having someone say that while you continue to ruin characters and do everything in your power to prop Ben doesn't really work. We're not stupid lol. Especially since she said it to Marlena, who is way ott obsessed with Ben. It's all just so bizarre.

Will and Sonny shaking Ben's hand. LOL. This whole ep was one big, "Ben is awesome!" party.

Gwen has her hands in her mouth way too much. It's distracting as hell. Also, if they ever start shooting again she's gonna have to be fired lol. 

Her and Claire are both very ott and bad at acting but in a really fun way. I enjoyed their scenes. I'm hoping maybe Gwen can make Jake's character interesting. And I'm also hoping BB will stop trying to do that bad accent.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

JJ still doesn't like him but they barely interacted(a blessing in disguise)

The whole thing is making me root for Claire to set Cin on fire for their wedding day tbh.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Absolutely disgusting I tell ya !!! 

And people wonder why I despise Carlivati writing.

8 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

This is why I can’t watch this show anymore.  Did Shawn really say that?  I don’t really care much for Shawn, but still.  That is stupid.  He is happy that a serial killer will be his brother.  Do they not see how ridiculous that looks?  How ridiculous that sounds?  Who up in there is so obsessed with the serial killer that they’re destroying characters just to prop him?

Carlivati

• Love 4

That was a helluva start to the week!  

Besides the horror of seeing Jana-I-mean-Gwen drawling out her British accent like she gets paid by the syllable and Ciara dressed in what looked like an old rug from the set of Netflix'Tiger King, we had Preacher Bollie warning of the sin and DAMNATION that may come Salem's way if Firestarter Claire is released.  Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the serial-killin' lover.

I wish Show would give us one episode - just one, I won't ask for more - where Bikeshop Bollie just stands in the Square, mouth shut, while everyone in Salem walks up and slaps him in the face.  Or, make him marry Julie, whatever hurts the most.  Between him being worried about a homicidal nutjob on the loose and Will and Sonny being nice to the MAN WHO KILLED HIM - and Ciara's dress, Show felt a tad crazier than any of the characters on their own.

At least we had Belle and Shawn, nice to see them.

But then we had Marlena getting very worked up - by which I mean she came within a distant mile of actually showing some semblance of human emotion - when she got angry at Belle for not saying nice things about Bollie.

That will nto be allowed, not by Marlena, not now, not ever.  

Because what she really wants to say is

giphy.gif

Obsessed much, Dr. Evans?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Fashion-wise [which I'm not], what's up with the sweebies Ciara's sporting? With a sweater, both widdle hands were mostly covered, then we have a variation where there's apparently a thumb-hole on one sweebie where her thumb emerges. And then yesterday, who knew that animal-print skin-tight dresses come with one-arm sweebies? Business wear, who knew?

Is this to make her seem vulnerable as she closes in on marrying her freshly renovated ex-serial killer? Wouldn't that alone make her vulnerable enough?

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, pearlite said:

Fashion-wise [which I'm not], what's up with the sweebies Ciara's sporting? With a sweater, both widdle hands were mostly covered, then we have a variation where there's apparently a thumb-hole on one sweebie where her thumb emerges. And then yesterday, who knew that animal-print skin-tight dresses come with one-arm sweebies? Business wear, who knew?

Is this to make her seem vulnerable as she closes in on marrying her freshly renovated ex-serial killer? Wouldn't that alone make her vulnerable enough?

All of the younger women on the show wear those.  I saw Sarah wearing one the other day.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, boes said:

Or, make him marry Julie, whatever hurts the most. 

Oh, man, I don't think the Geneva Conventions would allow that. I mean, I'm not sorry to see Bikeshop BOllie suffer, but even that has its limits. Besides, it would probably mean putting Darling Julie on my screen more, which would make me suffer, so let's not go there.  

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I missed yesterday but it sounded like a Ben asskissing festival so I’m not as annoyed as I normally would be. 

Bad optics Ben’s all “they won’t hurt Gabi if they don’t think she has what they want. Pish posh” since you know he’s a woman abuser and has a violent past. Ciara was the voice of ... reason.  They are actually making me like her against that idiot she holds on a pedastal and crux of her life.   And the blase of it all he has like being kidnapped and held even if they don’t beat the shit out of you is awful - what even is this writing? I love soaps but Ron really needs to rethink his writing in 2020. I was the victim of an attempted abduction and escaped before we got to the destination in August. I get this is Days and is blasé about consent and violence but don’t maybe have the characters you prop as “good” or reformed Pooh Pooh it? 

Sonny is still wearing suits or sport jackets every single scene. Dudes been unemployed almost 3 years and still dresses Men’s Wearhouse or Brooks Brothers more than than people in rl 9-5. If he’s like that for merely hanging around his pad or doing errands once he finally gets job he’ll be wearing tuxedo or tails in copy rooms at Titan or if he ever reopens coffee shop (his coffee shop Club TBD was actually a good set and made sense since characters could run into each other organically or be there on dates it was cool AF and chill. I miss that set and The Edge of the Square). 

Jake’s an asshole. Actually. 

I love Claire and she’s fax only no copy. Ben skated so why can’t she? And HK I’d take pass too.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

What the hell is a sweebie lol?

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Sonny is still wearing suits or sport jackets every single scene.

Hey now, he had jeans on with that sports jacket one day last week so it totally makes sense!

Today was pre-empted. I might see if they show it in late night and then watch tomorrow. We'll see if I care enough lol.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What the hell is a sweebie lol?

Hey now, he had jeans on with that sports jacket one day last week so it totally makes sense!

Today was pre-empted. I might see if they show it in late night and then watch tomorrow. We'll see if I care enough lol.

Cliff Notes:

• Ben is THA BEST
  • Ciara almost spills to Hope and Rafe that Gabi is in danger with Many!Cliffhanger!Commercial!Breaks!
  • Will smirks and Sonny wears oversized sports jackets to harass Jake about Gabi's whereabouts
  • Eric wants to get married today
  • Nicole talks to Marlena about inviting Sami to the wedding (that goes over about as well as expected, it's not like Nicole suggested having Ben be there)
  • Shawn and Belle want Claire to move to Hong Kong with them
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I watched Monday's missed ep on demand.

Did Gwen check in to Bayview so no one would find her? Why is she there, exactly? And why is she rooming with Claire? Hong Kong is usually a nice place, but not so much now. It is not up to Grandma Marlena to put her up and care for her. Maybe for a month, but that's it.

Marlena sure defended Ben and his treatment. Maybe she's writing a journal article about him. 

I really didn't mind Shawn seeing Ben as a brother of sorts. He is a cop and Ben has to behave or he will have a family of cops to deal with. Maybe he has changed.

Ciara should have spilled the beans about Gabi's kidnapping to her mom and Rafe.

What do Sonny and Will do all day? Isn't Sonny a bit overdressed for doing nothing? Why are Jack and Jennifer staying at the crypt? Couldn't the kids visit Grandma and Grandpa at the Horton house? Does the set still exist? Why is Kate so gung-ho about the stupid key to the city optics?

Eric, it's a nice idea to marry Nicole, but maybe she wants to do her hair and wear a nice dress. I don't think it is the best idea to invite Sami.

• Love 4

Nice scenes between Marlena and Nicole. It’s sweet of Nicole to want Sami to come to the wedding as a surprise for Eric. Can’t wait to see the fireworks when that happens.

And I can’t express how much I love to see Marlena in the role of mother/grandmother/psychiatrist. I can only tolerate so much of the oooing and cooing over John.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Marlena sure defended Ben and his treatment. Maybe she's writing a journal article about him. 

Maybe Marlena can adopt him or go cougar and have an affair. (I like John! But making a point here.) I HATE that "Doc" defends such a piece of shit. And one that tried to MURDER her own grandson.

But then, Marlena never was Mother of the Year vis a vis Sami/Eric (she seemed much more motherly with stepdaughter Carrie and with Belle - and I am talking once she was no longer held against her will and not when she couldn't mother. I don't count that!), so why should her grandmothering skills be any better?

• Love 8