Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Off topic but if you have Instagram and don’t follow Camila Banus you really should be. She has a wonderful personality and is always up to something interesting or wholesome. 

Ben is the worst at weddinging. First he chooses of all flavors for cake “Praline with plain buttercream frosting.” Bruh. Today he says he will the most have is a handful of invited guests. Ambitious unless he’s counting David and all 5 of the “yea”s he will say during the ceremony. 

Yeah theyre chem testing Rafe and Hope again which is ridic unless they want to make Elani seem less boring in comparison or something. 

There’s probably jokes about Abigail going to Florida in reference to how dysfunctional it is so they’re the only ones equipped to deal with her or it’s appropriate since it’s shaped like a wang. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

The new Thomas is adorable and also quite good. Honestly, I think his brief scenes today prove he's more worthy of an Emmy nom than at least half the people who were actually nommed.

Every time Ciara changes her clothes she has a new worst outfit ever.

So, when Gabi is exonerated because she didn't drug Abigail, will Jack apologize? I'm gonna guess no.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

How come marlena never mentions the son she lost from SIDS on hollyoaks Tony and Mandy baby Grace died of SIDS like a decade ago and the they still talk about her but I don't think I I've seen marlena mention DJ.

actually they should have had marlena comfort Eric over his daughters death and tell him she knows what it's like to lose a child but God forbid they interrupt there million times her and John get kidnapped lol.

This show has made it a point to forget Don Craig entirely his exit was to go to the post office and he never came back this was a character who carried the show for about two decades at that point.

Also the same reason this show glosses over Roman/Marlena's history and just uses the RoJohn years as part of Roman/Marlena's history and John/Isabella. They want to ignore the others existed even though I preferred those pairings more than Jarlena.

I don't have an issue with Jack disliking Gabi I wish it was about the Daysaster instead.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

So, when Gabi is exonerated because she didn't drug Abigail, will Jack apologize? I'm gonna guess no.

That would involve giving Jack more scenes than every other week or so and with someone besides Jennifer. The fact that he even got a few minutes with Gabi is surprising.

I didn't exactly mind Jack's outburst today either.  Given what he knows and the fact that Gabi didn't really protest her innocence (or if she did I missed it), it kind of makes sense.

But a smarter writer might have pointed out that looks can be deceiving after the past year he had and it could be a nice side hustle.  Alas...nah.

I hate to be "what could've been" with writing because it gets old but more than competent head writers, what I truly miss is really good script writers. A good or great script writer has a good knowledge of human emotions and knowing history is even a plus.  It's amazing how it can elevate crazy or redundant stories.

• Love 6

The scene with Thomas made me daydream about how much more fun the show could be if all of the characters were recast with capable child actors.  Maybe that could be a good idea for one of Ron's silly theme episodes.  

Whatever they're doing with this Is-He-Stefan story, I'm enjoying how Brandon Barash is playing around with it.  

• Love 10

Ciara spent money on those save the date cards? She hasn't heard of email or social media - granted, maybe most of her friends and family have her on ignore.

Jack, you used to be a reporter. Who sought facts. Not just lamely screamed at Gabi because of circumstantial evidence. Except for disliking prewciouss Abigail, she has no motive to make her hallucinogenic - except for giggles. The only 'evidence' is the stupid serum she got from Dr. Rolf, and she got conned by him.

Bye, Abigail. Maybe you will like Florida and stay there.

Eli's proposal was boring. How convenient that Lani has to look at her datebook to figure out she was 'late'. Um, really? She does not know her own body and can't keep track of things?

Julie's face looked really tight today. Fillers, facelift, etc. When she smiled, she looked like she might crack. What Salem wedding ever really runs smoothly?

Am enjoying the character of Jake, but I do wonder how his business stays afloat when there only seems to be one vehicle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Jack, you used to be a reporter. Who sought facts. Not just lamely screamed at Gabi because of circumstantial evidence. Except for disliking prewciouss Abigail, she has no motive to make her hallucinogenic - except for giggles. The only 'evidence' is the stupid serum she got from Dr. Rolf, and she got conned by him.

Sure, but a parent's first instinct is to go after anyone who may hurt their child. So I don't fault Jack in that sense. Reporter and parent are two very different sets of rules.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And being caught with a syringe full of the same thing that had been injected into Abby is a little more than circumstantial evidence.

Except Abby wasn't injected - especially by Gabi.  If she had drugged Abby and her intention was to do Jake harm why wouldn't she simply use the same method (putting it in food or drink) rather than risk getting caught with a syringe?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I find it kind of pathetic that Jack is going into protective dad mode. Overcompensating much? The show killed him off almost a decade ago, but now that he's back he's 200% invested in everything? It was just too little, too late. They brought him back but it just feels way after the fact. Maybe you Jack fans are super happy about it, but nothing about his return has seemed natural to me and it's been almost 18 months. I feel like the actor is constantly trying to prove his worth on camera by giving his all when we all know the producers could write him out just as quickly as they did the last few times.

And don't even get me started on today's 120 minute ode to the brilliant Abigail (just leeeeeeaaaaaavveee!!!) And then the complement competition between her and her mother Jennifer about being "selfless" and "always thinking of others". Barf. This whole family can fall in a hole and I really wouldn't care.

I did like Gabi frantically piecing together that she was set up by Rolfe. But that's about it. Today was a bit of the Best Of The Worst of Salem.

I really want someone to make Ciara cry by telling her "No, hell no, no way in hell. I'm not coming to your wedding and neither are any of the other family members you are inviting because it's insane that you're even sleeping with this guy, and we are all ashamed to call you family."

I would do a cartwheel just to hear those words.

Can't Abigail off Ben on her way to the airport? You know she'd get away with it and we would be spared so much grief.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Except Abby wasn't injected - especially by Gabi.  If she had drugged Abby and her intention was to do Jake harm why wouldn't she simply use the same method (putting it in food or drink) rather than risk getting caught with a syringe?

There are logical issues for sure.  She doesn't like Abby but she does like Jake. It doesn't make sense why she'd poison them both. I'd be suspicious if I were a cop. But it's still more than just circumstantial evidence.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The scene with Thomas made me daydream about how much more fun the show could be if all of the characters were recast with capable child actors.  Maybe that could be a good idea for one of Ron's silly theme episodes.  

I hope Ron steals this idea because I need to see it.

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I find it kind of pathetic that Jack is going into protective dad mode. Overcompensating much? The show killed him off almost a decade ago, but now that he's back he's 200% invested in everything? It was just too little, too late. They brought him back but it just feels way after the fact. Maybe you Jack fans are super happy about it, but nothing about his return has seemed natural to me and it's been almost 18 months. I feel like the actor is constantly trying to prove his worth on camera by giving his all when we all know the producers could write him out just as quickly as they did the last few times.

Jack, in general, is pathetic lol. This whole paragraph is spot on. I wanna like Jack and I sometimes do, but MA is embarrassingly bad most of the time so he can't elevate the mostly boring/often terrible stuff he gets.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yesterday was mostly a waste of time for me.  

I didn't like Jack's frothing at the mouth to Gabi about Abigail and it sure didn't help that he burst through the door like 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

As Peachmangosteen says, Jack looked sorta pathetic.  

I do think Mansi did a decent job with the kids but I just don't care for or about Abigail - or Chad anymore, so the Long Goodbye did nothing for me.  Instead of all the schmaltz, I wish they'd just have had Mayflower Movers come in, pick 'em both up and toss them in the back of a truck.  

I do like Thomas, though. Emancipate that kid already and let HIM run DiMera.

That's nice that Ciara stood up for Gabi and told Lani she's a crackpot, but like a broken clock, apparently even Ciara can be right twice a day.  "Save the Date" cards for a wedding to serial killer?  Really?  The last "Save the Date" announcements these recepients got were the ones Hope sent out about his execution and THAT didn't happen.  Talk about a reason for a party.....

I'm hoping Julie isn't around to marry them because Elon Musk decides to launch her into space sans rocket.  

Then there's the romance between Lani and Eli.  I'm more invested in whether or not Cartman on South Park finds true love.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

It’s very rare Ciara is right or not having Ben tunnel vision but even if someone dislikes Gabi they’d see Lani is so completely biased. I hate Abigail but she was correct then and didn’t have to speak out and she was good with Thomas and right like “just let me leave.” I’m confused though it sounds like she’s doing inpatient or maybe IOP if it’s IOP (where a patient spends the day with the mental health care but goes home at night)  I can see why Chad would be required to go with her but she told him no so it doesn’t sound like that. Anyways bye to her and I’m gladder Chad is going he’s been a legitimate douchebag and bored his entire return. 

I have a feeling the poisoning of Abigail and origins of Jake are going to be something really stupid like Vivian did this all for “reasons.” When in reality Vivian would have no motive to poison Failure or save her son then give him amnesia and gaslight him into forgetting his identity and wife ... then frame his wife, wouldn’t she simply discretely arrange to have Lani killed instead or X out Chad who ursurped Gabi at DiMera and was an asshole to Stefan? Talk about nebulous revenge. 

• Love 8

Touching Jack story (I guess) about teaching Abby to ride a bike but when did this happen? I recall Matthew Ashford being fired (the first time) when Abby was a baby and he abandoned her and Jen cause of toxic waste dumping that caused her to get sick. Then when he returned as Mark Valley I am pretty sure Abby was past bike riding teaching age, but I could be wrong as I tried to brain bleach out that whole thing where he was banging Laura

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Touching Jack story (I guess) about teaching Abby to ride a bike but when did this happen? I recall Matthew Ashford being fired (the first time) when Abby was a baby and he abandoned her and Jen cause of toxic waste dumping that caused her to get sick. Then when he returned as Mark Valley I am pretty sure Abby was past bike riding teaching age, but I could be wrong as I tried to brain bleach out that whole thing where he was banging Laura

Oh @Brisbydog, dontcha know the show wants us to forget the Mark Valley days, just as show (or is it Missy Reeves) who wants us to forget Peter Blake ever happened?  Yeah the timelines on DOOL are screwy, esp. when kids are SORASed. 

Also, J&J were my OTP back in the day. The many times MA has been fired and then returned keep diminishing my love for this pairing. Show has so effed up this pairing over the years I can't feel the love I used to for J&J.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Oh @Brisbydog, dontcha know the show wants us to forget the Mark Valley days, just as show (or is it Missy Reeves) who wants us to forget Peter Blake ever happened?  Yeah the timelines on DOOL are screwy, esp. when kids are SORASed. 

I hate SORASing and continuity definitely suffers for it.  IMO, the worst SORASing was Ciara because she was this cute little kid when what's his name and Hope were engaged, and then she was a teenager the next week at the wedding and when Bo came back to life.  So, was she a teen when Bo died, or had Bo been dead for years?  Were Hope and what's-his-name together for a lot longer than it seemed?  It was just a really really really bad time for a SORAS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm starting to wonder about Jake's fixation on The Muppets.

First, 

200.gif

Today,

gonzo GIF

Can't wait to find out tomorrow's featured muppet.

Those "thugs" were laughable.

Justin, whining is not a good look for you.

Lani/Eli/baby makes three = yawn!!

Hope's interior decorator (and I use that term loosely) should be shot. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Thomas is so cute.

I kind of want Thomas and David to have on-screen playdates, just so I can be less ferociously annoyed by their parents. (Little Thomas beaming directly into the camera when he accomplished his big speech shouldn't have been anywhere near as charming as it was.)

I thought Mansi was surprisingly (even shockingly) effective in those scenes explaining why Mommy had to go away. There was little of the preening self-regard and artifice I so often see from her. Flynn, too, seemed to be on his best game. Pity that child labour laws probably prohibit the kid playing Thomas from being onscreen every single time his parents are shown together. He appears to do them a world of good. (I think Matthew Ashford probably makes Mansi forget she's acting, too, and just makes her feel stuff.)

I rather liked the scene where Jack was berating Shut Up, Rafe! too -- a reminder that while Jack is basically a good person, he's not a particularly nice person a lot of the time.

Oh, and Julie? The word you're looking for, darling, is karma.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The Hortons and their ilk don't care about logic.  In their minds, Gabi is the only suspect because apparently she's the only one in the entirety of Salem Village who hates Princess Abs, therefore she is guilty.

On today's episode, I was SHOCKED that Ciara didn't punch out the two bad guys herself.  After all, isn't she the toughest badass mofo spitfire to ever exist?

I liked that "Jake" took the time to listen to Gabi and to realize that as much as he feels sorry for all of her emotional pain, he's apparently never been dead and he can't be Stefan.  I love it.

How can Eli not see how unthrilled Lani is at the idea of being pregnant again?  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Also, J&J were my OTP back in the day. The many times MA has been fired and then returned keep diminishing my love for this pairing. Show has so effed up this pairing over the years I can't feel the love I used to for J&J.

I adored them at first, then quit when she married Lawrence and the rape spoilers started to surface. Just wasn't down with watching that crap right after seeing Steve die. The capper was Nick being killed by Jo. All three couples that kept me watching were gone in a month. I came back two years later when I was on bed rest for my first pregnancy and the was thrown right into the Isabella cancer story and saw Abby born. I think I half watched the Valley stuff. Even when Matt returned they decided to write him as a dumbass buffoon and not the Jack I was engrossed with in 1987. 

• Love 4

John and Marlena are beloved Salem residents?

I literally laughed out loud when Ciara came bursting in.

Kate just strolls in to Hope's house.  LOL.

Aren't pregnancy tests supposed to be done first thing in the morning?

"When you told me that we were getting married"?  That's a strange way of putting it.

Er.  Uh.  Is Justin a prosecutor?

• Love 8

It was so hot today when Ciara told those creeps Ben was the Necktie Killer and he threatened to go after them. This is what TRUE ROMANCE and REAL LOVE is made of.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

That’s not how it works at all. Either you’re redeemed and changed or not. It’s not some switch or trump card to whip out. Ben in the midst of his “I’m changed I can’t fathom doing those atrocities” used that to threaten Claire and Chloe’s thugs from the Mexican cartel and I’m sorry you don’t get to use it for bragging purposes or just cherry pick to indulge in again. 

Ron has never known a real sociopath or criminal or victim while being a lawyer before this. Inneresting. 🤔 he’s very naive also that he thinks none of the Days viewers know anyone who’s been in prison or killed people or been a victim. He makes prison look like detention in a high school cafeteria.

• Love 7

I get it.  They can't really cuss on soaps.  But goofballs????? Seriously, the best they could come up with was goofballs?  And in real life, those guys wouldn't have been afraid of the necktie killer.  They would have taken him out just cuz.

I love the fact that Gabi is using the Salem brain and will figure out how to save herself.  Maybe she'll tell Rafe to set up surveillance where she picked up the drug.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I have a feeling the poisoning of Abigail and origins of Jake are going to be something really stupid like Vivian did this all for “reasons.” When in reality Vivian would have no motive to poison Failure or save her son then give him amnesia and gaslight him into forgetting his identity and wife ... then frame his wife, wouldn’t she simply discretely arrange to have Lani killed instead or X out Chad who ursurped Gabi at DiMera and was an asshole to Stefan? Talk about nebulous revenge. 

...without knowing, I have a feeling you may be exactly right. This is exactly the kind of sloppy writing Ron would concoct for a big dramatic return for Vivian, but obviously it's convoluted (much like Maggie's car accident). If all she wants is Stefan taking back the business, then once Rolfe had saved him or she had saved him or whatever, she would be the one helping him reclaim his memory in private and then dramatically return after finding a way to bump off Chad. I guess Ron thinks getting Abigail to relapse is Vivian's way of disguising the fact that she wants Chad to leave town. I'm going to go ahead and guess that, if this is Viv, she didn't initially know about Stefan's resurrection, and once she found out, decided to get Gabi, Chad and Abigail all out of his way so she could swoop in with the news of his real identity and have him take back the company. From what I remember she didn't like Gabi at all, did she? So framing her would make sense.

But again, it's very convoluted. Who knows, maybe Orpheus will be the one behind all of this. Maybe he wants to run a company now too!

6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I tried to brain bleach out that whole thing where he was banging Laura

Every time someone reminds me of that little plot point, I run myself headfirst into a wall to forget. Thank you for reminding me! God, can you imagine Matt Ashford and the actress who played Laura the last few turns actually in bed together?. So gross. She talks so slowly it's creepy. And he's so hyper and twitchy. The whole thing is just so nasty.

But yeah, the new kid they hired to play Thomas was terrific. Can we just have some scenes of him, Ari and Victor?

Okay, now I'm seriously hoping for scenes of Ari and Victor, chilling. I feel like they could really have some sarcastic fun discussing the messes that constantly unfold in that household.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The Hortons and their ilk don't care about logic.  In their minds, Gabi is the only suspect because apparently she's the only one in the entirety of Salem Village who hates Princess Abs, therefore she is guilty.

Well Gabi has drugged Abby in the past so its not that farfetched and regardless of what most people think of her who currently in Salem has an issue with Abby? Maybe Kate but she's not around them much anymore. Sami isn't in town anymore. This is one of the few logical things Days has going for them. In the past though there would be more nuance to this where one would question the Jake aspect of it all.

Besides this is to set up every Horton being wrong and Gabi to remain bitter for being wrongly imprisoned again (although I at least get why she feels that way when its something she's not guilty of otherwise...

I also like the idea of Thomas/David playdates. I can imagine. David saying to Thomas hey your dad used hook up with my mom. And Thomas talking about how his mom once thought David's uncle was his daddy. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Damian said:

It was so hot today when Ciara told those creeps Ben was the Necktie Killer and he threatened to go after them. This is what TRUE ROMANCE and REAL LOVE is made of.

I’m a CIN fan and found that absolutely disgusting. I literally covered my face with my hands (bad touching my face I know). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The thugs need to take a remedial Thug 101 class. Um, stupid dudes, you get a car and sit in it til you see Jake. Ciara should have just mentioned that she is related to Victor Kiriakis and that Ben has ties to the DiMeras.

Seems like Gabi has decided to take possession of the Salem Brain to see who could have set her up. The brain may be a bit dusty because of underuse.

Not everyone is happy to have a baby. Maybe Lani doesn't really want kids. Who knows. Surely there are other doctors beside Kayla at the hospital. The woman never gets a break.

Yes, Justin, go to Adrienne's grave to talk to her. You can do it on your own in a room, really. Ask for her permission to marry Kayla.

Steve had a chuckle with Marlena and John being beloved citizens. Why would he and Hope get a key to the city? Why would they want one?

Jake, maybe take a look at your chest or back area to see if there is any sort of scar. Probably not, since the organ harvesting and repair stitching is top-notch in Salem. At least Brady and Jennifer can verify that for you. Maybe you have never been dead, but half the town has. Your turn is coming.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Can someone please explain to me this thug bullshit? 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2907b544e0fa4e5a9220

are they after Jake and his boss or just Jake or do they work against his boss? Did the shop fuck up fixing their cars or something? Loan sharks? Why aren’t Ben and Ciara demanding more answers? 

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

On today's episode, I was SHOCKED that Ciara didn't punch out the two bad guys herself.  After all, isn't she the toughest badass mofo spitfire to ever exist?

She OUGHT to be at least tougher than this: she's the daughter of Bo Brady and Fancy Face, fearless and resourceful adventurers par excellence. If I were Bikeshop BOllie (and thank goodness I am not), I might even feel a little bit -- what's the word? Oh, yes: Betrayed. Ciara believes in him, and wants everyone to know how much he's changed, until it's expedient not to remember any of that? Ouchie, dude. 

Kate's response when reminded of her own role in abetting Zombie Stefano's plans  is "Oh, get over it! It's not like you're Software Patch anymore"? Really? Even for Kate that seems a little soulless (if you'll pardon the expression).

So integrity is completely alien to this town altogether now?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Jake supposedly has something that Thug Guys boss wants - we don't know much more than that - Jake has so far denied knowing what they want.

Why exactly don't they just do a DNA test on Jake to see if he's actually Stefan?   It makes no sense that NONE of them would be wanting him to take one to solve the mystery of who he is once & for all.

Ugh oh Brady how much more stupid can you be?   Kristin is not the injured party - she's a nutjob & it doesn't take much to set her off & have her hurt people - obviously he needs to stop thinking with the wrong brain.     And I am always going to be Team Xander - especially when dealing with Brady.    And Brady - your idea about taking down Titan is going to blow up in your face big time.     The convo with Eric/Nicole/Marlena & Will was fun - especially when they started talking about Sami (who I really miss - I always loved Sami no matter what she did)      And I really think Justin is rushing the marriage thing - I think he's so afraid of losing Kayla to Steve that he's heading into marriage without really thinking.    I am glad that both Hope & Steve have finally realized that they are not to blame for what happened - they didn't have free will when they were Gina & Stefano & that nobody faults them for what happened.

the less said about Ben & Ciara the better (except that I did like them being on Gabi's side for the whole syringe thing)

• Love 6
(edited)

Evan turned out to be a big fat flop. First he had to stay and let Rafe bond with David because he was broke and alone, now he has a lawyer for a sister who would have helped him out from the beginning. not to mention a crazy father. But the worst part is that he turned out to be a cry baby.

While i understand how Justin can hate the person that killed his wife, Orpheus is the THIRD person revealed but the first person he has tried to kill. This anger would have made a lot more sense directed towards Will. There is no reason why Sonny walks around in a suit all day. none.

I really don't understand why they resurrected EJ so Sami could nurse him for eternity. Kill him again, please. Sami has no room to talk about any else's relationship choices and Eric needs to tell her to mind her business and be happy for him the way she wants everyone to be happy for her.

The scenes with Marlena and her descendants were adorable to watch even though it was about Sami.

If Jake really wants Gabi to leave him alone he should show everyone proof of his past and they all should be asking him for this information. This story has just gotten really repetitive in such a short time. Get a grip Gabi. She should sue the station for keeping her in the interrogation room so long. I would also like to know what is going through the writers mind when they decide to arrest Gabi for the 100th time.

So the same thugs, or goofballs, that beat up Ben already, are afraid of him because he strangled people? Seriously? What a stupid scene. How is he even a threat? Both of them are bigger than his victims and one literally had him pinned to the car with one hand. You know what would prevent him from retaliating? Breaking his hands with the wrench. No wonder the boss hasn't gotten the goods from Jake yet. He/She hires idiots. Ciara's mom is a cop and her cousin Xander is actually known for physically assaulting people and trying to cook them. It would have made more sense for her to use the threat of them.

Ciara really has no life and no one to guide her. Hopefully Maggie can help when she gets out 🙄. She needs someone to tell her not to wear Gabichic to work. And also that she needs to go to work and let her boyfriend breath. If they were any other couple, their jinx talk would mean they are headed for a breakup.

I don't understand why Abe or Kate would think the regular Salemites would be grateful to Hope and Stephan for saving their own "friends/family". These people are always in danger. The key to the city would make sense if Orpheus was terrorizing the whole town or putting cats in trees, but he was not.

Brady sounded ridiculous and everything he said defending himself and Kristen, can be said for why Xander did what he did. Xander made valid points about Rachels safety with Kristen but all Brady could counter with was "Love" 🙄. the stupid, it hurts. I don't like Kristen but I would love for her to come back and raise hell at Brady and Sarah. Don't think she would care that the relationship was fake if the kisses are real.  Did Xander really ask Eric to talk to Brady? 🤣did talking to Brady give him the stupids?

Sarah looked, and sounded like a child coming in Bradys room. I don't understand why Sarah is seeking revenge so it is hard to still feel anything for her. It sucks that her baby died but that was not on Xander and Victor. She should hate them and move her ass out of Victors house, but....i am just not seeing her logic. It also doesn't help that she seems more like a giddy kid in a candy store, or a teenager trying to make her ex jealous, than a mother who lost their child. When they put Gabi on this path, they changed her to a vixen out for blood, but that is not what they are doing with Sarah. I don't understand what Xander sees in her and I want him and Gabi to have a short fling. Maybe Xander can get his fire back and take Titan from Brady and Victor.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 4
(edited)

I know that the writers think we are all on pins and needles for the next round of Gabi vs Chad but i just don't get Chads tunnel vision. Someone should be questioning why Gabi would use a poison on the man she "loves"? When Jack went to see her she could have pointed that out and he starts having doubts.

Stefano didn't exactly like Abby so no one should be side eyeing Gabi when she says Rolf was involved. It is a fact she went to talk to him, and didn't try to use the drug on him until AFTER the meeting. It is just unrealistic, based on everything that has happened in this town recently, to count Rolf out because he was in prison. Or believe him because they hate Gabi when he has recently done worse than her and lied about it.

Gabi was also stupid to agree to help him without a guarantee. She should have recorded him.

Everyone is also counting out Chad. They believe everything is out of his system because of Abbys love, but what if its not? Abby still has hallucinations so why can't Chad still doing Stefanos work without knowing?

Gabi went a whole year without anyone suspecting that she could blow up Julies heart at any minute. She was planning to raise Abbys kids as punishment and no one knew her plan. But now she is publicly demanded Abbys aunt to return her serum to her knowing it was the same stuff used to poison Abby? And the keystone cops aren't questioning why she would reveal her hand? Doubt is all i am asking for.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 4

Xander is sort of responsible for Haley's death, too.

Sarah throwing out, "Oh, and he's good in bed" made me laugh a lot.

If Kayla was always the love of Steve's life, what does that say about his first wife, Marina?

Sami being Sami.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Xander is sort of responsible for Haley's death, too.

Sarah throwing out, "Oh, and he's good in bed" made me laugh a lot.

If Kayla was always the love of Steve's life, what does that say about his first wife, Marina?

Sami being Sami.

Marina was a damn retcon and that stupid story started Stephen Nichols' disenchantment with the show.  Steve has loved two women in his life Kayla and Britta the woman he fought Bo over and lost an eye. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Marina was a damn retcon and that stupid story started Stephen Nichols' disenchantment with the show.  Steve has loved two women in his life Kayla and Britta the woman he fought Bo over and lost an eye. 

Hated Marina, but she did also introduce Isabella, whom I did love. So Marina's tenure is a wash for me. But I agree: Bad retcon and Steve was always about Kayla (and Britta, initially).

• Love 5
(edited)
20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Hated Marina, but she did also introduce Isabella, whom I did love. So Marina's tenure is a wash for me. But I agree: Bad retcon and Steve was always about Kayla (and Britta, initially).

I agree and I loved Jack breaking Isabella out of that hospital.. Jack/Isabella were just an awesome friendship and Jack going after Marina to protect Steve and Kayla was just as awesome.. Jack went from being their biggest antagonist to being their biggest fan was why he was so popular and beloved until awful writers trashed Jack for their own purposes and the stink still lingers unfortunately..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

Today was preempted for me. Annoying! Can someone give me a brief summary, please?

4 hours ago, Princess Consuela said:

Why exactly don't they just do a DNA test on Jake to see if he's actually Stefan?   It makes no sense that NONE of them would be wanting him to take one to solve the mystery of who he is once & for all.

Thank you! I keep literally screaming this at the tv. I mean, sure, we all know the DNA test would almost certainly be tampered with so it would ultimately be pointless, but still!

• Love 5

A DNA test would not necessarily help. Remember the stupid plot point with Gina/Hope in the '90s? Her DNA test was "inconclusive". I could see Ron pulling that same ridiculousness to draw things out.

The only way it was determined that Gina was Hope was the puzzle box scene with Bo (which I admit was a great scene, but still!). Speaking of, here it is. Loved this scene [probably belongs in the past plot thread but just posting as a reminder]:

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Princess Consuela said:

Why exactly don't they just do a DNA test on Jake to see if he's actually Stefan?

The way DNA testing and other medical interventions usually go in this town? Jake would probably end up dead.

And Gabi would be blamed. And Julie would scream her damned head off about it.

• LOL 10

And if Jake is Stefan's long lost twin, the DNA test wouldn't reveal anything.  Now, Gabi's brother is a cop.  Couldn't they check fingerprints?  (Although if he's a clone, either will work.)

As for today, I'm just going to say how I feel *deep breath* I think Brady and Sarah look good together.  They even have chemistry.  If they wrote for them, I could dig it. *

*The show can't really write well for anyone so it'll probably end here but I was into them more than I was into their silly "revenge" scheme.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Today was preempted for me. Annoying! Can someone give me a brief summary, please?

I missed the first few minutes, but what I saw:

Justin was at Adrienne's grave and told her he wanted to marry Kayla,so he asked her to give him a sign that she approved.  Just then, Sonny showed up.  So they talked for a while, and Sonny approved of the proposal.  Justin went to see Kayla at the hospital, and proposed.

Will, Marlena and John were at the pub with Nicole and Eric, and everybody was afraid to call Sami to tell her Eric was going to marry Nicole, so she took the bullet and called her.  We didn't hear Sami's end of the conversation, of course, but Nicole said she was very nice and congratulated her.  Then Sami immediately texted Eric, saying "How could you propose to that bitch?"

Xander yelled at Brady about letting Kristin disappear with the baby, and then taunted him about claiming to love Kristin but he's already in bed with Sarah.  Sarah said that Brady is a much nicer guy than Xander, and besides, he's good in bed.

After the discussion about Eric and Nicole getting married, they all had a discussion about needing to grab the moment, so Will went back to the mansion and Sonny showed up, and they agreed that now is the time to have a baby.

I'm sure there was something more, but I missed it.

And if Jake is Stefan's long lost twin, the DNA test wouldn't reveal anything.  Now, Gabi's brother is a cop.  Couldn't they check fingerprints?  (Although if he's a clone, either will work.)

Twins have different fingerprints, so clones probably would, too, except in Salem.

• Love 5

A dull ep for a Friday

Justin, you may get a sign, but not an instant one. Doesn't work that way. You are a grown man and can make your own choices. Yes, it's nice that one of your adult sons supports your choice and wants you to be happy.

Nicole calling Sami and Sami being pleasant? LOL.

Nice to propose to Kayla when Steve is in the shadows.

Brady and Sarah do look good together, but really? So fast? Anyone can see that it's fake and just a way to get back at Xander.

You would think Jake could provide his driver's license, birth certificate, etc., pictures of his family to prove his identity. Or that he would insist on a DNA test to prove that he is he.

• Love 3
(edited)

As for today, I'm just going to say how I feel *deep breath* I think Brady and Sarah look good together.  They even have chemistry.  If they wrote for them, I could dig it. *

I am really tired of Sarah going from man to man.. She went from Rex to Eric to Xander and now Brady, I know they are just doing it to hurt Xander but still. We all know that Brady and Sarah will fall for each other for real just in time for Kristen to reappear with Mackenzie.  Ron is so predictable with his stupid plots.. She may even find out that she is pregnant with Xander's baby and pass it off as Brady's...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I am really tired of Sarah going from man to man.. She went from Rex to Eric to Xander and now Brady, I know they are just doing it to hurt Xander but still. We all know that Brady and Sarah will fall for each other for real just in time for Kristen to reappear with Mackenzie.  Ron is so predictable with his stupid plots.. She may even find out that she is pregnant with Xander's baby and pass it off as Brady's...

It doesn't say much about Sarah if she can't be honest with herself and the actual baby daddy of any babies she has. Doing it once is one thing, doing it a second time, no thanks.

• Love 7

so let me get this straight , those two thugs were terrified of a loser serial killer who slaughtered women ? I reckon they could fancy their chances against this serial killer ...

but then again , this scene shows that Ben has no shame and that Ciara is mentally ill

Ciara's righteous attitude is beyond sick.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It doesn't say much about Sarah if she can't be honest with herself and the actual baby daddy of any babies she has. Doing it once is one thing, doing it a second time, no thanks.

Brady is thee ultimate bedhopper of this show. Kate and Nicole aint got nothing on this man-slut.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7