Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Boy Ben and Jake are so dumb them not telling sonny and will the truth about Gabi caused them to panic and they ran to the police to report Gabi missing especially when Jake didn't want thr police involved.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What the hell is a sweebie lol?

Hey now, he had jeans on with that sports jacket one day last week so it totally makes sense!

Today was pre-empted. I might see if they show it in late night and then watch tomorrow. We'll see if I care enough lol.

Sweebie = baby-talk term for long-sleeve, verrrrry long-sleeve sweaters, tops, or dresses. They showed up about three years or so on Y & R on some female characters. The sleeves extend down to roughly knuckle-length, and tend to provoke cutesy toying with pulling them over the fingies and what not. They tend to make people look like they're being coy.

Since I can't stand Ciara--she makes hot-weather hives seem fun--she can do all the sweebie-fiddling she wants to as she *harangues Ben or plays juvenile temptress, but coy is not the first word I'd go to for her. As for sticking this style on Sarah--nah.

*Anyone can harangue Ben, I'm fine with that. Instead, he's now part of just about every plot-line. Flower girl at Eric and Nicole's wedding, maybe?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, pearlite said:

Sweebie = baby-talk term for long-sleeve, verrrrry long-sleeve sweaters, tops, or dresses. They showed up about three years or so on Y & R on some female characters. The sleeves extend down to roughly knuckle-length, and tend to provoke cutesy toying with pulling them over the fingies and what not. They tend to make people look like they're being coy.

Ah ok. I love shirts like that lol. I try to always cover my hands with the sleeves. It's why I have such a hard time transitioning to short sleeves in summer!

They did play Tuesday's ep in late night but I'm just gonna skip it and watch today's. I just don't care enough lol.

• Love 4

We met Allie today--she's a college graduate who can't get a job but who still thinks she can do whatever she wants and she's angry that Sami's holding her accountable for not being employed--and the actress is not without talent but I hate when characters talk about how they're grown adults and they can do what they please but in the next breath its "I don't have a job, so I have no money but I should still be able to do what I want."  In my day, you showed you were independent by having a job and paying your own way, but I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

I did like the Steve and Kayla flashback and Kayla looked fabulous with her 80's hairdo 🙂

I can't believe the courts would side with Zoey for David's custody--Christian may be David's bio-dad but he is also the man who murdered David's mother.  Makes no damn sense to me.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

We met Allie today--she's a college graduate who can't get a job but who still thinks she can do whatever she wants and she's angry that Sami's holding her accountable for not being employed--and the actress is not without talent but I hate when characters talk about how they're grown adults and they can do what they please but in the next breath its "I don't have a job, so I have no money but I should still be able to do what I want."  In my day, you showed you were independent by having a job and paying your own way, but I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

I did like the Steve and Kayla flashback and Kayla looked fabulous with her 80's hairdo 🙂

I can't believe the courts would side with Zoey for David's custody--Christian may be David's bio-dad but he is also the man who murdered David's mother.  Makes no damn sense to me.

Makes no sense when you consider Zoey lost custody of her own son.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Zoey didn't THREATEN to shoot them, she did shoot Rafe.

Gee, Zoey, just f'n walk in.

What!? Allie is a college graduate!?

Do Eric and Nicole have jobs?

"Yeah"

Nicole was partner with Brady at Basic Black until Brady got too big for his britches.

• Love 1

What do Sonny and Will do all day? Isn't Sonny a bit overdressed for doing nothing?

Except for Xander, all the Kiriakis men tend to overdress.  Victor and Sonny seem to always be dressed for the office.  At least Justin has a reason to dress like that.  Sonny has not worked in quite a while.  Will still works for the Spectator.  And speaking of clothes, thankfully Will has stopped wearing plaid all the time. 

It sounded like a Ben ass kissing festival -- I HATE that "Doc" defends such a piece of shit. And one that tried to MURDER her own grandson.

All the Ben hate is really tiresome.  Murdering three people is not easily forgiven, yes.  I get it.  But how many Salem residents have killed or almost killed?  Gabi, Will, Kate, Xander, etc. come to mind. 

I’m so glad Ben got a chance to redeem himself.  He’s remorseful, works hard and really tries to be a better person.  That’s more than I can say for many of the fan favorites in Salem.  Lastly, the fact that Marlena got past this and especially Will says a lot about Ben’s character.  I’m Team Ben all the way.    

Do Eric and Nicole have jobs?

Nicole still works for Basic Black.  The last work task I remember from Eric is when he filled in for Roman at the Brady Pub. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Makes no sense when you consider Zoey lost custody of her own son.

Wait, what? When did this happen? They were talking today like David will be living with Zoey and her son.

David! I just love that little guy. Hitting his lines like a champ every single time!

LUCAS! He brings me so much nostalgia. BD is looking very good, so that's a plus. Loved the Lucas/Kate scenes.

What the ever loving fuck is Nicole wearing? I just can't anymore! 

The Allie actress seems decent. I'm somewhat interested in seeing where this story goes. I'm assuming the baby daddy is someone we have seen before or at the very least related to someone we know.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I HATE that "Doc" defends such a piece of shit. And one that tried to MURDER her own grandson.

And didn't Ben try to murder her too?!

dancing with the stars television GIF

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I agree.  Rafe has proven to be a very good father, very responsible.  He took on the responsibility when he didn't have to.  Zoey and her criminal family have only ever put David in harm's way.  I guess Justin is a shitty lawyer.  Plot-wise, are they getting rid of David as a way of pushing Rafe toward Hope again?  Cause she can't be having anymore  babies at her age.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Sorry for the boxes...don't know how to remove

But, I do like Rafe when he is in "Family mode"...Galen is so good with that little boy who is adorable on-screen and my heart was really breaking with those scenes today of Rafe, I admit to tears in my eyes

• Love 3

I can believe that Zoey gained custody.  She's biologically related to David and that counts for a lot in court barring some previous legal agreement.

If David were older Rafe might have more of a chance but as it stands, there's not much Justin could likely do.  (In fact, Zoey losing custody of her child was the thing that doesn't make sense to me.  Not the other way around).

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I can believe that Zoey gained custody.  She's biologically related to David and that counts for a lot in court barring some previous legal agreement.

Yea, I personally thought it was one of the only times a legal decision on this show actually made real life sense.

When did we learn that Zoey lost custody of her son? I thought they were talking today about how David was gonna be living with Zoey and her son. I'm so confused. This is why I should actually pay attention, not watch the show in fast mode, and not fast forward large chunks lol.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Except for Xander, all the Kiriakis men tend to overdress.  Victor and Sonny seem to always be dressed for the office.  At least Justin has a reason to dress like that.  Sonny has not worked in quite a while.  Will still works for the Spectator.  And speaking of clothes, thankfully Will has stopped wearing plaid all the time. 

Did Will get his job back at The Spectator after he was released from prison?

• Love 2
Just now, nilyank said:

He said in Monday's ep (I think) that he was a reporter so I guess he did.

ETA: Although, I guess he could have meant he had been a reporter at one point and not necessarily that he currently is one.

12 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He did; he was recently working from home on an unnamed story, and then again on a story about Orpheus getting arrested.  Plus a few references to being a reporter. I was hoping the show would reference it, and then they kind of beat us over the head with it recently, lol. But he is working again!

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I personally thought it was one of the only times a legal decision on this show actually made real life sense.

When did we learn that Zoey lost custody of her son? I thought they were talking today about how David was gonna be living with Zoey and her son. I'm so confused. This is why I should actually pay attention, not watch the show in fast mode, and not fast forward large chunks lol.

Her ex has the child and Zoey is fighting to gain custody of him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kate giving Allie money is just something that she would do. Kate adores her descendants.  I love Allie turning to Eric but I really did not like how she praised Nicole. Has she forgotten how she kidnapped her baby sister Sydney. Are we not supposed to remember that little fact or will Ron just ignore history that does not jive with his insipid writing. I am not a big Sami fan but I am not in the mood for Sami to be treated like dirt by one of her kids again. We had had enough of Will doing that even though he was justified except for the time he trashed her over Abigail... Will was such a turd back then..

I am looking forward to seeing Allie interact with her brother Will, Roman, Marlena, John, Claire, Ciara and all of her other relatives on the show. I miss seeing families interact with each other.. I have no words on the serial killer and his followers worshiping at his altar. I would gladly take the tan man over this piece of shit masquerading as a romantic hero. A damn shame!  I am so happy Beauregard Aurelius Brady is dead.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 6/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, boes said:

That was a helluva start to the week!  

Besides the horror of seeing Jana-I-mean-Gwen drawling out her British accent like she gets paid by the syllable and Ciara dressed in what looked like an old rug from the set of Netflix'Tiger King, we had Preacher Bollie warning of the sin and DAMNATION that may come Salem's way if Firestarter Claire is released.  Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the serial-killin' lover.

I wish Show would give us one episode - just one, I won't ask for more - where Bikeshop Bollie just stands in the Square, mouth shut, while everyone in Salem walks up and slaps him in the face.  Or, make him marry Julie, whatever hurts the most.  Between him being worried about a homicidal nutjob on the loose and Will and Sonny being nice to the MAN WHO KILLED HIM - and Ciara's dress, Show felt a tad crazier than any of the characters on their own.

At least we had Belle and Shawn, nice to see them.

But then we had Marlena getting very worked up - by which I mean she came within a distant mile of actually showing some semblance of human emotion - when she got angry at Belle for not saying nice things about Bollie.

That will nto be allowed, not by Marlena, not now, not ever.  

Because what she really wants to say is

giphy.gif

Obsessed much, Dr. Evans?

Wow, Marlena got upset because her own daughter wasn't on Team Serial Killer? I'm so glad I missed Monday's episode. This is bullshit. I would tell Marlena to get her head examined but by this point I'm sure it's just full of chips...

That GIF belongs to Ciara.

Today's ep was okay. The dynamics between Allie, Nicole and Eric could be really interesting, but I'm sure the show won't bother to actually explore them any more than they've explored Eric's relationship with Holly.

I have a hard time believing Lucas would have flown all the way to Salem just to give his mother crap about helping Allie financially when he could have done that over the phone and saved his pennies for the flight to wherever Allie actually ended up. Still, it was so nice to see Bryan and Lauren together again. When Lucas started to flip out about Kate claiming that children need freedom to make up their own minds, it felt like the old days again didn't it? Lucas was always blowing up over Kate's machinations.

I actually liked the quick scene of Steve flashing back to helping Kayla when you she was drunk. It didn't feel heavy-handed. Why was the old footage in widescreen though? Don't they normally keep it full screen? I guess they must have zoomed in on the full frame footage.

Justin go away. We would rather only see you when there's a big trial going on, because you're starting to get rather irritating. You're not going to win out in this relationship and you know it so just be the bigger man and back out.

1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I love Allie turning to Eric but I really did not like how she praised Nicole. Has she forgotten how she kidnapped her baby sister Sydney. Are we not supposed to remember that little fact or will Ron just ignore history that does not jive with his insipid writing. I am not a big Sami fan but I am not in the mood for Sami to be treated like dirt by one of her kids again. We had had enough of Will doing that even though he was justified except for the time he trashed her over Abigail... Will was such a turd back then..

Yeah, it does seem kind of weird that she wouldn't be a little uncomfortable with Nicole. Was she not around when her sister was being cared for by Nicole? Did Allie ever have any real interactions with her? I don't remember that storyline very well.

I was surprised that Rafe didn't win custody of David and especially that there's no way for him to appeal. I somehow doubt that. He's a well-respected police officer and police commissioner trying to maintain custody over a child whose family are all criminals and terrorists, except for one who is a lawyer who can't even keep her own son from being kidnapped. Yeah right.

I guess now he and Will and Sonny are going to fight over Allie's child?

Is the excuse for this key to the city ceremony that Hope and Steve helped capture Orpheus? Because I can't wrap my head around why they would deserve public praise right now. I think the public would have much more interest in their criminal shenanigans as Gina and Stevano...

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought Rafe showed that he had a job, he had a stable life, and that he could offer David a good home. Zoey, er, not so much. I get that David is 'family', but Zoey and the family could visit him. Rafe was the better choice.

Justin, stop trying to push up the wedding date. Steve will eventually win Kayla back, whether he deserves to or not.

My Allie, haven't you grown. Why go to Uncle Eric's and not Grandma's home? Lucas could have had a phone call with his mom and only come to Salem when he knows that Allie is here and she contacts him or Sami with her location. Yes, Sami is difficult, but she does look out for her kids. Wonder if she knows she will be a grandma soon.

If Allie is college educated she could probably get a job at Titan and join its executive training program and end up in a good job like Ciara.

PS: I received my new DVR within about 24 hours - arrived today. So hopefully it won't have the personality of the old one and not cancel its recordings on its own whim.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Anyone else giggle at Kate and Allie?  I'm showing my age.

I did enjoy seeing Lucas again and having him call out his mother when she tried to give him grief about wanting to check in on Allie.

I'm a little surprised that she's a college grad already.  I guess she's going to get mixed up with Ben and Ciara and Claire if she sticks around.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, who knows. Kristen did, so anything is possible.

Let us remember this is also the show that expected us to believe mid-60s (at the time) Doc was knocked up, too. (Ick.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait, what? When did this happen? 

The Allie actress seems decent. I'm somewhat interested in seeing where this story goes. I'm assuming the baby daddy is someone we have seen before or at the very least related to someone we know.

She could have showed up minus the pregnancy  storyline.  Honestly ,wev already seen this with Chad/Mia McCormick and Jade /Joey . This is so unnecessary.  But then again Carlivati is creatively bankrupt .

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

If David were older Rafe might have more of a chance but as it stands, there's not much Justin could likely do.  (In fact, Zoey losing custody of her child was the thing that doesn't make sense to me.  Not the other way around).

I thought she said her son was kidnapped by Orpheus when he was with her ex-husband, which I didn't take to mean that she didn't have custody, or that she had lost custody.  But I don't always listen so well so I could have misheard it.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, boes said:

I thought she said her son was kidnapped by Orpheus when he was with her ex-husband, which I didn't take to mean that she didn't have custody, or that she had lost custody.  But I don't always listen so well so I could have misheard it.

Yeah. Justin said yesterday one of the deciding factors for her to get custody was so he could grow up w another child, indicating Zoe’s son does live w her at the moment. 

I wasn’t feeling Ally disparaging  her mom Sami like that. Of course this is Sami so it’s perfectly okay if her kids shit on her. She seems kind of stupid also. One of the things she bought w Kate’s credit card was a Birkin. If you’re sitting around on your fat ass all day and buying $12,000 handbags with your mom and grandma’s money then act all confused and offended people suggest you get a job ...child I can’t. 

How many rooms does Eric’s apartment have? When he first got it he was a single dude. I would find it far fetched he’d sign a lease for a 3 or 4 bedroom unless he was working from home and needed an office. Maybe this will be the new Kiriakis manor or DiMera homes which have a dinky ass living rooms the characters do everything in but supposedly endless bedrooms. 

I thought it was sweet Grandpa John was buying Claire all those flowers to decorate her room for when she arrives. 

• Love 4

Interesting contrast between Rafe giving up David and Sarah giving up MickeyRachel. Rafe actually bothered to tell Zoey some of David's likes and dislikes while Sarah just handed over her recovering from cancer baby without a word of advice on how Kristen might keep her alive.

Still went ridiculously fast. No court would rip a kid from everything he has ever known, particularly at David's age, in five minutes like that. There would be transitional visits and it would be done slowly

How can Kate tell the destination of a plane ticket by just checking her credit card statement?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

How can Kate tell the destination of a plane ticket by just checking her credit card statement?

She's memorized all the fares.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought her son was still being held captive.....I dunno anymore.

No, she paid off the guys who had her kid.  The invisible child is fine, so we've been told.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Are we not supposed to remember that little fact or will Ron just ignore history that does not jive with his insipid writing.

200_d.gif

8 hours ago, boes said:

I thought she said her son was kidnapped by Orpheus when he was with her ex-husband, which I didn't take to mean that she didn't have custody, or that she had lost custody. 

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Yeah. Justin said yesterday one of the deciding factors for her to get custody was so he could grow up w another child, indicating Zoe’s son does live w her at the moment. 

So I was right! I'm glad because I was starting to worry about myself lol.

• Love 4

I wasn’t feeling Ally disparaging  her mom Sami like that. Of course this is Sami so it’s perfectly okay if her kids shit on her. She seems kind of stupid also. One of the things she bought w Kate’s credit card was a Birkin. If you’re sitting around on your fat ass all day and buying $12,000 handbags with your mom and grandma’s money then act all confused and offended people suggest you get a job ...child I can’t. 

How many rooms does Eric’s apartment have? When he first got it he was a single dude. I would find it far fetched he’d sign a lease for a 3 or 4 bedroom unless he was working from home and needed an office. Maybe this will be the new Kiriakis manor or DiMera homes which have a dinky ass living rooms the characters do everything in but supposedly endless bedrooms. 

People on this show routinely shit on Sami.  Yes, I know she has ruffled a few feathers, but they ALL make it sound like she is basically incapable of civilized human interaction.  Her OWN MOTHER was trying to say she shouldn't be invited to her brother's wedding.

Yes, they didn't exactly introduce Allie as a caring and responsible young person did they?  Bitching about being an adult while taking absolutely no responsibility for your life is not particularly charming.  I found it especially grating that Kate found absolutely nothing wrong with undermining Lucas and Sami in their parenting decisions.  They appeared to be on the same page and Kate just blithely ignored them both.

I know the apartment  has at least two bedrooms because Eric rented it when he was originally going to raise Holly.  Also, he was living there with Rex.  But yes, it is going to become the new ever expanding apartment.  It would at least make sense if they said she would have to share a room with Holly.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Her OWN MOTHER was trying to say she shouldn't be invited to her brother's wedding.

To be fair, I can see Sami pulling something at that wedding.  I love Sami.  But, let's face it.  The girl has some issues.

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I found it especially grating that Kate found absolutely nothing wrong with undermining Lucas and Sami in their parenting decisions.  They appeared to be on the same page and Kate just blithely ignored them both.

Grating?  Sure.  Surprising?  No.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I wasn’t feeling Ally disparaging  her mom Sami like that. Of course this is Sami so it’s perfectly okay if her kids shit on her. She seems kind of stupid also. One of the things she bought w Kate’s credit card was a Birkin. If you’re sitting around on your fat ass all day and buying $12,000 handbags with your mom and grandma’s money then act all confused and offended people suggest you get a job ... child I can’t

This. I'm already too tired to deal with this brat. I know the show is trying to introduce her as the New Sami, and I just can't work up any enthusiasm.

I have the feeling Kate knows exactly where Ally is, and that's part of why she's so blasé about Lucas's concerns. (Not the only reason, of course; she's Kate, after all -- but part of it.)

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

I’m only a few minutes into today’s ep,  but if we have to spend months listening to Lani bitch and whine about this pregnancy, my fast forward button is going to get a workout. I just can’t stand her. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I can't help wondering what Mr. Settled Married About To Be Father of Two Will will make of his baby sister. That's the only part of this story I think might be worth anything.

Also, I know we rarely see custody hearings or any kind of courtroom scenes for budgetary reasons, but I'm starting to suspect that  ... ::whispers:: maybe Justin's just not that good a lawyer!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Well lani also bitches about having to find Gabi 

I don't get why they made Allie a college graduate instead of 18 or 19 especially when the actress is only 19 herself unless there going to have fight with ciara over Ben lol.

• Love 4

I love that Lani is so completely bland and uninteresting that the show can't even get her recent history right.  I remember when she was pregnant with David--the baby she was trying to pass off as JJ's--and her talking, absolutely guilt-free, about how easy her pregnancy is but now she was so horribly sick with David and she knows she's going to have a miscarriage.  And there's the mark of a true soap heroine, not caring that someone might be in danger!  Kristen who has done twenty times more violent and hurtful things then Gabi has, gets all kinds of sympathy and understanding from Miss Lani Price but Gabi gets scorn and Lani thinks Gabi jumped bail and ran away because that's how Lani handles her problems.  That is not is not Gabi's style, she stays and fights.

I do give Abe, CIara and Hope credit for putting aside their own personal anger and realizing that Gabi could be in real trouble and wanting to help her.  That's the mark of a good person and why Lani and Julie will be chortling in glee at the idea of Gabi getting hurt in someway--I hope Eli realizes exactly who he is marrying.

Good for Eric for standing up for Sami and not letting her supposedly adult child bash her.  I get being mad at your mom but it's not like Allie's been living this stellar lifestyle that Sami has no reason to criticize.

• Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do give Abe, CIara and Hope credit for putting aside their own personal anger and realizing that Gabi could be in real trouble and wanting to help her.  That's the mark of a good person and why Lani and Julie will be chortling in glee at the idea of Gabi getting hurt in someway--I hope Eli realizes exactly who he is marrying.

Yep. And her BS excuse about her helping Kristin because of her desire to be a mother while Gabi was told it'd be hard (or impossible) to get pregnant again after what happened to her in prison yet it gets her nothing from Lani. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6

Alli as a character is already failing miserably. Besides shitting all over her mom for daring to pay for her college and lifestyle then when she graduated and was a shopaholic couch potato asking she get a job, now she’s saying “That Woman would take over” and saying in Eric’s home she knew he’d be “some judgmental priest”. I dislike Eric and find him to be a stick in the mud but he offered to help you and you’re demanding he get in the middle of your issues w your parents and lie... otherwise he’s just a prick? If this is supposed to be spunky or interesting they can keep it. Apparently when people pay her way or offer to give her shelter and stability they can’t have any imput otherwise they’re assholes. Go sell the 10-20 grand handbag you bought w Kate’s money on Poshmark or something and get the fuck out of Eric’s shoebox apartment then. 

Lani’s another one working my nerves. The whole time she was ragging on Eli in the apartment I had flashbacks to the weeks she did the same with JJ. She was constantly up his ass when he was already in the dregs over his suicidal tendencies and drug recovery. 

There are millions of women who get pregnant again each year after miscarriages, still born, SIDS,or high risk pregnancies (like w heart defects, type 1 diabetes). She’s complained and obsessed over having a child for YEARS. It’s time to maybe think about making the best of the situation and blessing? Assuming the worst and mentally and emotionally acting like the child is a parasite or curse is not healthy for baby.  

Kate knows exactly what she’s doing w that reward money she probably wants Patch to claim it so he can buy a ring for Kayla and romance her on his own. She’s always doing these things quietly for her own entertainment purposes. I caught her light shade “as much as I love Marlena I can’t imagine Alli just coming to visit her on her own.” 

They continue these scenes of Hope acting like Rafe’s gf or something. A lot of these storylines are really trying it. 

• Love 8

Alli as a character is already failing miserably. Besides shitting all over her mom for daring to pay for her college and lifestyle then when she graduated and was a shopaholic couch potato asking she get a job, now she’s saying “That Woman would take over” and saying in Eric’s home she knew he’d be “some judgmental priest”. I dislike Eric and find him to be a stick in the mud but he offered to help you and you’re demanding he get in the middle of your issues w your parents and lie... otherwise he’s just a prick? If this is supposed to be spunky or interesting they can keep it. Apparently when people pay her way or offer to give her shelter and stability they can’t have any imput otherwise they’re assholes. Go sell the 10-20 grand handbag you bought w Kate’s money on Poshmark or something and get the fuck out of Eric’s shoebox apartment then. 

I want to like this about a million times.  They are always trying to introduce new, younger characters as the "New Sami" but they consistently get it wrong.  Sami was/is a complex character with a LOT of history.  (I get that she is a polarizing character but, to me, that just shows how well she was written in the past.)  Now, they just introduce some new, young, character, have her be a brat and declare she is the "New Sami" all while the other characters routinely bash Sami.  

And yes, while I think that Eric is about"as much fun as cold mashed potatoes, Allie has no right to DEMAND he listen to her trash her mother and trust her "judgement" of the right way to handle the situation.

• Love 11

If they claim Allie is a college graduate, this would put her around the 21-ish year old-mark (if she went immediately following high school). They are writing her like she's a petulant 14 year old who didn't get the right shade of lipstick for Christmas.

I did appreciate the realism of an adoption agency using veiled terminology to explain "why" Will and Sonny were not suitable candidates. Unfortunately this is still a major uphill battle so many face.

• Love 8

Don't care about Allie but I also don't give a shit if she bashes Sami since Sami delighted for years in making others miserable, including those that loved her. As a matter of fact, I consider it karma.

Let them pulverize each other into nothingness!  😀

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Don't care about Allie but I also don't give a shit if she bashes Sami since Sami delighted for years in making others miserable, including those that loved her. As a matter of fact, I consider it karma.

Let them pulverize each other into nothingness!  😀

I like Sami but I agree honestly so far Allie is pretty tame in regards to sami compared to sami behavior towards marlena.

• Love 7