Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Woah Riley has at least 2 fans. No judgement just surprised lol

Every now and then, you just gotta have a slice of white bread!

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Marlena was so strange today.   I know she loves Ben but her saying to Ben she would get the syringe checked since it was for him just made me gag.  
  She also acted very strange with Abigail.   Did she not believe her?  Did she just not care?

And Christian Maddox is a great name.   

I would've preferred Laura return to town to deal with Abigail at least she would care and wouldn't act like Ben is more important than her own family members(which is how Marlena is acting)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Damian said:

I agree. However, we all know that if Eve were around, they would make her over-the-top evil and unsympathetic so the audience sympathizes with Ben. 

Not once have we heard how Paige was Shane's granddaughter, Kim's step-granddaughter, Theresa's niece, or Rafe and Gabi's sister. It's those characters that should really be hating on Ben. Hell, I'd even give Bonehead Brady points if he brought up how Tate will never get to know his cousin.

And that's not even getting started on how every character related or connected to Will shouldn't give Ben the time of day. Is it too much to hope that Kate's first order of business is to start a campaign that puts Ben back in jail? Or at least offer to whip up some brownies for his and Ciara's wedding?

JJ seems to have been the only one to consistently hate Ben until they stopped interacting which is a blessing in disguise.

If Kate did that it would be the best storyline she's had in years. How Kate/Sami let Ben breathe is beyond me.

• Love 5

Why in the world would they bring back Laura when they can barely afford SN/Steve? Especially to only give Abigail compliments and ass pats? giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295d7f8c4b50b43988e2

is there a contest for bringing up old cast members or storylines no matter the context or cost no one told me about? 

• LOL 5
44 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Why in the world would they bring back Laura when they can barely afford SN/Steve? Especially to only give Abigail compliments and ass pats? giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295d7f8c4b50b43988e2

is there a contest for bringing up old cast members or storylines no matter the context or cost no one told me about? 

Well they brought her back before Abby was with her for two weeks all cured. They could bring her back now if they wanted to. I rather see her than Marlena in general so there's that.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Hey all, because I have already have a slight headache...can someone help me out here?  How are Ciara & Abigail cousins?  [Is it a 2nd/3rd cousin thing since Hope & Jennifer are cousins?]

Since Hope and Jennifer are first cousins (as Hope's mother and Jennifer's father were siblings), Abigail and Ciara would be first cousins once removed.

• Love 2
(edited)

The Salem dump must be getting pretty full already and now we have to toss Eli on the trash heap as well.  What b.s. with Eli going along with Lani's passive aggressive bullshit - her acting all noble about turning herself in and then walking off, not answering him as he called after her, fully aware he'd cave because I guess he just can't get enough of her dollar store wig.  And her dollar store ethics.

So Eli and Lani can cheerfully fuck off with any moral outrage towards anyone else over anyone about anything.  Seems that right and wrong are relative, especially with friends and relatives.

Chad's behind whatever is going on with Abigail.  If not, I'd be fine if he was convicted since he's being such a prick.  Bikeshop Bollie running off to Marlena because he's now such a good guy, and Marlena going along with it all.............wasn't that sweet?

Good Lord, Show, what ARE you doing?

Oh yeah, as for Orpheus, can anyone be as ridiculous as he is?  Scowling all over town, being a prick to his daughter, fully delusional.  Why she doesn't just 

giphy.gif

and put us all out of our misery is beyond me.  By the way, Orpheus, your math is pretty awful if you think that Bollie would "almost" be the age you are now if he spent 20 years in prison.  Buy a clue, get a mirror, you'r at least 60 and that's in dog years.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

Eli and Lani, both of you should turn in your badges. You are not fit to be cops and have justice on a sliding type scale - depending on the crime and your feelings toward the crime. Lani's wig looked good today and her forehead didn't seem as high. I know, I am petty.

Too bad that Christian/Evan will be going to jail. Didn't like the new Zoey. Ah well. Daddy will fix things.

Gabi, stop with the impetuous, irrational behavior. You just can't inject some sort of drug in to a man you think is your dead ex husband! Bikeshop Bollie should have asked if that was the magic Will and other dead people serum. And then told Marlena that is what he thought it was and to have it tested for that - which probably should be given to Kayla. He just can't run to Doc with everything. Doc's been a bit off lately.

Gabi is too obvious to be drugging Abs. Chad may have a vendetta about her suing to get her company back, but that is it. Abs and Gabi haven't had much interaction in a while. Gabi has no real reason other than having a few laughs. Chad is still a suspect. When would Gabi have had a chance to drug Abs? Too busy getting her ex husband back or his twin. Chad may still be under Stefano's influence and has a new trigger word.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Since Hope and Jennifer are first cousins (as Hope's mother and Jennifer's father were siblings), Abigail and Ciara would be first cousins once removed.

Second cousins.  They are first cousins once removed to each other's mothers.

• Love 6
(edited)
56 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Abigail and Ciara are 2nd cousins.  Abigail and Hope are 1st cousins once removed.  

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I rather see her than Marlena in general so there's that.

Laura always talks like she's in a commercial about feminine hygiene products. Slow, breathy, overly empathetic.

I love the Max Shrek gif and reference. I often feel like I'm watching the show with him right next to me saying just that.

7 hours ago, Damian said:

Not once have we heard how Paige was Shane's granddaughter, Kim's step-granddaughter, Theresa's niece, or Rafe and Gabi's sister.

Actually, I think we did hear it once, in reference to Theresa, when she was with Eve in her old apartment trying to help her process her grief. I think Gabi might have also had one quick scene where she understood that Paige was her half-sister, but other than that not so much. It's funny how Paige has become an almost mythic character in death. In life she was kind of annoying and really one-dimensional and boring and didn't look anything like her mother and didn't have an especially good relationship with JJ. I found Eve's desperate sexuality much more interesting than her daughter's constantly worried expressions. But now we all seem to wait with bated breath for a single mention of her. Seriously, I just want Eve to charge back into town, evoke her daughter's name and run a steak knife through Ben repeatedly until he looks like swiss cheese and all of Ciara's big poofy hair falls out.

....sorry, a little of my Ben hatred seeped into that last sentence, but you know what I mean. The ghost of Paige hangs over the show with some significance in a way that the character never managed to matter at all when she was just, you know, a character. It's funny how others haven't had that kind of longevity. Wasn't Madison Brady's great love and late fiance just prior to Kristen's return in 2012? I don't think I've ever heard mentioned made of her since.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Laura always talks like she's in a commercial about feminine hygiene products. Slow, breathy, overly empathetic.

I love the Max Shrek gif and reference. I often feel like I'm watching the show with him right next to me saying just that.

Actually, I think we did hear it once, in reference to Theresa, when she was with Eve in her old apartment trying to help her process her grief. I think Gabi might have also had one quick scene where she understood that Paige was her half-sister, but other than that not so much. It's funny how Paige has become an almost mythic character in death. In life she was kind of annoying and really one-dimensional and boring and didn't look anything like her mother and didn't have an especially good relationship with JJ. I found Eve's desperate sexuality much more interesting than her daughter's constantly worried expressions. But now we all seem to wait with bated breath for a single mention of her. Seriously, I just want Eve to charge back into town, evoke her daughter's name and run a steak knife through Ben repeatedly until he looks like swiss cheese and all of Ciara's big poofy hair falls out.

....sorry, a little of my Ben hatred seeped into that last sentence, but you know what I mean. The ghost of Paige hangs over the show with some significance in a way that the character never managed to matter at all when she was just, you know, a character. It's funny how others haven't had that kind of longevity. Wasn't Madison Brady's great love and late fiance just prior to Kristen's return in 2012? I don't think I've ever heard mentioned made of her since.

Yet I rather watch her than Marlena....

I agree Paige was more significant in death than in life but I wouldn't call her mythical at this point but compared to the other two women Ben killed she was. Wendy was a dayplayer and the only thing Serena did of significance was introduce us to Xander but the show wants us to forget her too. Since this show likes Eve they have to acknowledge her daughter in the process.  I'll say in retrospect Paige was good in theory she was an inherently decent character in a genre that has no interest in writing for one and she had goals in life beyond having a man which seems to be lacking in most female characters these days.. You saw her have a job, family, friends things I wish Ciara had any of these things going for her now and she doesn't.

I agree in finding Eve more interesting and would've preferred the show go the JJ/Eve route than force something that wasn't there IMO with JJ/Paige(although I hated that Bev got shortchanged in the first place as Bev should've been JJ's OTP even his friend Roxanne pretending to be his GF was a better choice). At least JJ/Eve provided messy drama between two flawed individuals who were grounded in reality without having someone go crazy etc like the current stories involve.

Madison hasn't been mentioned which is funny considering she was introduced as being a childhood friend of Sami's at one point when Sami/Eric lived in Colorado. Then again Brady was engaged to Arianna and that's never brought up with Gabi at all.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Second cousins.  They are first cousins once removed to each other's mothers.

You're absolutely right; missed that step. And so concludes today's lesson of "23 and Me"!  😛

• LOL 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, maybe that's why I hate them lol. Buffy/Spike forever!

Oh, so you're one of those Spuffy fans.  LOL.

14 hours ago, boes said:

Buffy and Riley for me, too.  Though I also liked her with Angel.  Spike was too good for them all.

I actually liked Buffy and Riley too. And I liked Spike,, but hated him with Buffy.  My heart though belonged to Angel from the moment Buffy's cross burned into his skin when she hugged him.   

14 hours ago, tribeca said:

I like Buffy with Freddie Prinize  Jr.  

I'm happy they've stayed together all this time. I always felt bad for him knowing he never got to know his Dad.

13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Woah Riley has at least 2 fans. No judgement just surprised lol

He wasn't that bad a character, really.

12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

JJ seems to have been the only one to consistently hate Ben until they stopped interacting which is a blessing in disguise.

I know I compared Ben to Angel, and that's because Ben is dating Ciara, but really with his medication, he's probably more similar to chipped Spike. I wonder if Ben feels torturous pain if he punches someone?  Guess not, since he didn't has any reaction after he attacked Evan/Christian.

I miss JJ, btw.  And speaking of characters no one liked, I liked Paige.

Oh, not liking nu-Zoey yet.  The other actress seemed like she could hold her own against Orpheous.  Nu-Zoey not so much.  

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Abigail and Ciara would be first cousins once removed.

Whoops -- drtslim and Silver Raven, and Wendy, covered this material in class! Missed that. My apologies. 

Weirdly, Will and Ciara are first cousins once removed, since Ciara is Sami's first cousin -- but I think CIara is supposed to be a little / sort of / a lot [check all that apply] younger than Will. (Stupid SORAS sliding scale!) But Will and Abigail are first cousins.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

Comparing Ciara and Ben to Buffy and Angel is like comparing expired cat food to filet mignon. Even their acting and wardrobe are stinking up the joint. 

The only thig they have in common is being heterosexual and in shape. 🤷🏼‍♀️  Anyhow it’s off daily Ep topic maybe there could be a Days characters or storylines comparison thread. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Whoops -- drtslim and Silver Raven, and Wendy, covered this material in class! Missed that. My apologies. 

Weirdly, Will and Ciara are first cousins once removed, since Ciara is Sami's first cousin -- but I think CIara is supposed to be a little / sort of / a lot [check all that apply] younger than Will. (Stupid SORAS sliding scale!) But Will and Abigail are first cousins.

Actually Ciara and Will are double relatives.  They are second cousins on the Horton side since Hope and Lucas are first cousins.  They are also as you mentioned first cousins once removed on the Brady side, since Ciara and Sami are first cousins. 

Also making Hope and Will first cousins once removed, as well as Aunt and nephew. 

When Bo was alive he was also a double relative to Will through marriage.  Uncle to Will when he was married to Billie, and Great Uncle on the Brady side. 

Edited by JBC344
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Comparing Ciara and Ben to Buffy and Angel is like comparing expired cat food to filet mignon. Even their acting and wardrobe are stinking up the joint. 

I'm of the opinion that Buffy is like Hermione Granger in that they hadn't created a male character that was good enough for her--I liked Angel with Darla and Spike with Drusilla and I think Katniss should have ended up with Gale 🙂  There, got all of my fandom opinions out at once.

Now onto today's show, the Maggie/Sarah scenes were once again the best part of the episode and I think both LG and SR deserve Emmy wins for their work in this storyline.  I liked that Sarah was unafraid to show her anger towards her mom, but then her natural compassion took over and she couldn't help but feel for her mom's agony and forgive her.

And it turns out that Orpheus is behind the accident that killed Adrienne and Mickey and that Maggie wasn't drunk driving, Orpheus drugged her and he and Christian had a plan to kidnap Maggie and get ransom money--very convoluted if you ask me.

• Love 7
(edited)
44 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And it turns out that Orpheus is behind the accident that killed Adrienne and Mickey and that Maggie wasn't drunk driving, Orpheus drugged her and he and Christian had a plan to kidnap Maggie and get ransom money--very convoluted if you ask me.

Typical Ron when it comes to his writing. He will pick a character to blame for all of the evil acts that occurred throughout his writing even if it makes no damn sense. He did the same crap on One Life to Live...I could vent about that but it would be off-topic..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8

I really enjoyed Eric laying into doofus Brady for letting a psycho killer go on the run with a baby recovering from a bone marrow transplant.

And I also liked Sarah's reaction when she realized that she had given Mickey to a psycho, when Maggie tells her that Kristen stabbed Victor.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, bannana said:

I really enjoyed Eric laying into doofus Brady for letting a psycho killer go on the run with a baby recovering from a bone marrow transplant.

And I also liked Sarah's reaction when she realized that she had given Mickey to a psycho, when Maggie tells her that Kristen stabbed Victor.

Yes, ITA!  Eric, generally, annoys me with his "Eyeore attitude", but today I was enjoying his anger towards Brady.  His anger was justified!  I loved when he asked Brady "How could you be so Stupid?!"...yep, Brady is an Idiot.  

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Typical Ron when it comes to his writing. He will pick a character to blame for all of the evil acts that occurred throughout his writing even if it makes no damn sense.

That's not just Ron.  DOOL has done this forever. How many crimes have been laid on Stefano Dimera or the Dimera clan just because they were around either at the time the crime happened (and they needed a reason a person is going to disappear because an actor was leaving the show) or because they were around when they wanted to bring a dead person back to life and the Dimeras have done it before so why not again? 

For instance, when Stephen Nichols left the show the first time, they had Lawrence Alamain be behind his Steve's "murder" even though that connection/motive was tenuous at best.  When he came back from the dead, I'm pretty sure it transferred to Stefano because he was the show's big bad at the time.

20 minutes ago, bannana said:

Now someone needs to do this to Lani.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

For instance, when Stephen Nichols left the show the first time, they had Lawrence Alamain be behind his Steve's "murder" even though that connection/motive was tenuous at best.  When he came back from the dead, I'm pretty sure it transferred to Stefano because he was the show's big bad at the time.

You are correct. They had Stefano be behind Marlena's captivity and presumed death when it was Orpheus. They did the same thing with Hope regarding Ernesto who killed her and himself. Then we found out that Stefano had her all along when she came back as Gina years later.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, ITA!  Eric, generally, annoys me with his "Eyeore attitude", but today I was enjoying his anger towards Brady.  His anger was justified!  I loved when he asked Brady "How could you be so Stupid?!"...yep, Brady is an Idiot.

It was the best part of the episode, for me, and years overdue. I also want to give some credit to AZ for her subtle reactions during that scene. You can see the love in her eyes for Eric, and her silent attempt to calm him down while also acknowledging that he isn't wrong to be livid with Brady.

• Love 4

Woah, Vic touched Xander's hand.  I guess he feels close to him.

So, nothing to do with Summer,  I'm surprised.  This was a story I didn't see coming.

Eric, you know Brady has never done anything where he has thought how it would effect anybody else.

Did nobody at the hospital check Maggie's BAC?

Of course, none of Zoey's evidence can be used in court since she's violating lawyer client confidentiality.

Oh, no, Orpheus pulled the phone out of the wall.  How WILL Marlena not be able to scream for help?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

... I think Katniss should have ended up with Gale 

I never read the books and only saw the 1st movie but I agree.

I love that TPTB think we'll buy that "Orpehus and Evan planned to kidnap Maggie for ransom but then got in a car accident that killed Sarah's baby" was what they originally planned and not something they just pulled out of their asses a week before it filmed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Convoluted, yes.  But a surprise at least, with it not being Summer's fault.

37 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

So, nothing to do with Summer,  I'm surprised.  This was a story I didn't see coming.

I don't think anyone did. 

Hmmm... wonder if we'll ever hear what happened with Summer?  To be honest, I was half expecting one of the murders Zoey was talking about to be Summer, until I realized Orpheus caused the car accident, thus causing the deaths of Adrienne and the baby.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Hope and Lucas are first cousins. 

How could I forget about that?

Ah, the asspull retcon. It's a wonder these writers don't sprain something.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

It was odd to me that they were going to keep Maggie in jail for an extended period of time.  I should have known that the vehicular-homicide-baby-dying-baby-swapping-baby-napping-attempted-murder storyline was going to get even more convoluted. 

What was up with that giant caterpillar living on Christian's upper lip?  

Funny that they wouldn't let the prison guard deliver any lines so they could save a few bucks.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! I kept trying to figure out what the fuck was happening there.

He must of shaved it off before the time jump was over but I don't see why it needed to be there.  It was as bad as Abigail's hair and those ridiculous outfits they make Ciara wear.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, buffynut said:

Oh, so you're one of those Spuffy fans.  LOL.

I actually liked Buffy and Riley too. And I liked Spike,, but hated him with Buffy.  My heart though belonged to Angel from the moment Buffy's cross burned into his skin when she hugged him.   

I'm happy they've stayed together all this time. I always felt bad for him knowing he never got to know his Dad.

He wasn't that bad a character, really.

I know I compared Ben to Angel, and that's because Ben is dating Ciara, but really with his medication, he's probably more similar to chipped Spike. I wonder if Ben feels torturous pain if he punches someone?  Guess not, since he didn't has any reaction after he attacked Evan/Christian.

I miss JJ, btw.  And speaking of characters no one liked, I liked Paige.

Oh, not liking nu-Zoey yet.  The other actress seemed like she could hold her own against Orpheous.  Nu-Zoey not so much.  

The Kelly Theibauld(the original Zoey) landed a recurring role on Station 19 at the time and I don't know what became of her after that.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Did nobody at the hospital check Maggie's BAC?

She didn't go to the hospital that night. Xander and Victor took her home so she could "sleep it off", and Will was assumed to be the culprit.

Can't believe they recast Zoey already. Is there a story there? (Nevermind, CanaryFan answered my question just above). The first actress had such a strong resemblance to Christian. This new actress, not so much. She reminds me of Sarah Wayne Callies. And she doesn't seem near as tough as the first Zoey. 

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 8

Good for Eric calling out Brady on his stupidity - to let Kristen just take the baby. This whole thing needed to go to the family courts and be dealt with responsibly. Kristen has no idea how to care for the baby - what allergies she has, food issues, her medication from her bone marrow transplant, much of anything. That would probably take weeks to do.

I did like Sarah visiting Maggie and telling her she needed her mom. The anvils are dropping that Maggie won't be around - first Sarah, then Victor's letter.

I don't get the whole setting up Maggie part - so convoluted, so many variables, so many things that could go wrong. Kidnap her to get some money from Victor? And now kidnapping John? Marlena has money? Summer working for Orpheus made more sense than this convoluted tale.

Xander tries to find some goodness within himself. At least Victor still took his hand.

• Love 11
(edited)

I thought a lot of today's show was pretty terrific.  Linsey Godfrey and Suzanne Rogers both turned in another set of very good performances.  While Sarah has a few quirks that can be annoying - as does Maggie - both of these actors, when they're given good things to work with, do not disappoint.  Maggie's despair and Sarah's sense of loss are achingly portrayed.

Go, Eric, GO!  I loved him today, too, and I haven't said I loved Eric doing anything since his priest days.  Eric Martsolf sure got stuck with another "Brady sucks" storyline and it's even more unsalvageable than usual.  I'm glad they brought up Mickey's current medical needs because it's ridiculous for Show to try and sell Kristen being able to lay hands on pediatric cancer specialists at moment's notice.  She's likely to dance around howling at the moon and terrorizing some Balkan village and think it's medical care.  Just wait till word filters back to Salem that, somewhere deep in the Carpathian Mountains, near the ancestral home of Count Dracula, there have been reports of a demonic force masquerading as an over-hill-sex pot, howling "BRADY" at the moon while overacting so badly the frightened villagers have started selling tickets.  Yep, sounds like a Dimera!

So Show is really trying to sell us on the idea that Victor - VICTOR, is getting a lot of "Get Well" cards sent to him?  Victor?  He's more likely to be getting "Happy to Hear You're Not Well" cards, the best Hallmark can make.  These must be sent by the same people who just can't wait for Ciara's wedding announcement to BikeShop Bollie to come in the mail.  

Oh Look!  Victor just opened the card from the Brady clan!

giphy.gif

I bet Kim picked it out.

It looked to me like Eric Martsolf, when he ran out of Eric's apartment, was on the verge of breaking into laughter.  I know I was.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3

The one detail to really stick with me was the extremely visible handprint Orpheus left on the hood of Maggie's car as he maneuvered around it. I realize he and his son would have left a whole bunch of handprints all over the car but that one was right in front of the camera so I thought for a second if it was going to be used as a plot point. Wishful thinking on my part.

Any crime scene investigators worth their salt would have noticed the various footprints left by Christian and his father, as well as the fingerprints, and pieced together that Orpheus was there. Wasn't he one of the worst sychopaths to ever end up in Salem? Didn't the ISA have all of his medical information handy? I know everyone was supposed to think he was dead, but come on now.

...oh wait, did Xander drive Maggie's car back to the Kiriakis mansion? And that's why it was never dusted for fingerprints? Well that almost makes sense...except there still would have been footprints. We're supposed to believe that after sending Sarah and Adrienne off the side of the road, there was time for Orpheus and his son to reposition Maggie in the driver's seat and sneak away and for Xander to drive up and then get Maggie and her car off the road, all for emergency vehicles could get there...?!

Oh, why am I bothering to try to make this make any sense. The timing doesn't. I guess I just always want to believe that the writers have things worked out and I'm the one who's not getting it LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The one detail to really stick with me was the extremely visible handprint Orpheus left on the hood of Maggie's car as he maneuvered around it. I realize he and his son would have left a whole bunch of handprints all over the car but that one was right in front of the camera so I thought for a second if it was going to be used as a plot point. Wishful thinking on my part.

Any crime scene investigators worth their salt would have noticed the various footprints left by Christian and his father, as well as the fingerprints, and pieced together that Orpheus was there. Wasn't he one of the worst sychopaths to ever end up in Salem? Didn't the ISA have all of his medical information handy? I know everyone was supposed to think he was dead, but come on now.

...oh wait, did Xander drive Maggie's car back to the Kiriakis mansion? And that's why it was never dusted for fingerprints? Well that almost makes sense...except there still would have been footprints. We're supposed to believe that after sending Sarah and Adrienne off the side of the road, there was time for Orpheus and his son to reposition Maggie in the driver's seat and sneak away and for Xander to drive up and then get Maggie and her car off the road, all for emergency vehicles could get there...?!

Oh, why am I bothering to try to make this make any sense. The timing doesn't. I guess I just always want to believe that the writers have things worked out and I'm the one who's not getting it LOL.

Supposedly, Xander found Maggie, discovered she was OK but "drunk" and called Victor.  He then went and delivered Sarah's baby.  Victor's people took care of Maggie and her car, the police were never aware that she or the car were ever there.  The only car they were aware of was Will's so any evidence on Maggie's car would never have been discovered.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Good for Eric calling out Brady on his stupidity - to let Kristen just take the baby. This whole thing needed to go to the family courts and be dealt with responsibly. Kristen has no idea how to care for the baby - what allergies she has, food issues, her medication from her bone marrow transplant, much of anything. That would probably take weeks to do.

Good for Eric calling out Bonehead Black on the abridged version of his epic stupidity -- the full text would take the better part of a day to read, and probably requires several voice parts to do it justice.

But I can't help but feel a bit bad for Nicole and Holly here; it seems that every time Angry Eeyore Former Father Uncle Eric gets wound around the twist about Mickey, Holly gets demoted back to also-ran status. Not cool, Eeyore!

Poor Sarah -- the nightmare never ends, does it? I thought that somehow she had already discovered that Bonehead Black's favourite mutant psychopath had gotten all stabby with Victor; now she has a layer of "What have I done?" to work through, too? Geez. Please don't keep torturing Maggie and Sarah, show! They're pretty much the only likeable (or mostly likeable) characters left.

So, let me get this straight: in the pre-retcon version, the show went to some pains to demonstrate that Maggie was drunk (except I guess she wasn't) and that Will was highly distracted at the time of the accident. But "criminal genius" Orpheus just didn't notice drifting over the median line? He's not distracted, he's not drunk, he's not even in that heated an argument with Whatever McPornstache. He's just ... stupid.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks, show! I needed that.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 5/15/2020 at 2:10 PM, Pearson80 said:

Typical Ron when it comes to his writing. He will pick a character to blame for all of the evil acts that occurred throughout his writing even if it makes no damn sense. He did the same crap on One Life to Live...I could vent about that but it would be off-topic..

On 5/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, Irlandesa said:

That's not just Ron.  DOOL has done this forever. How many crimes have been laid on Stefano Dimera or the Dimera clan just because they were around either at the time the crime happened (and they needed a reason a person is going to disappear because an actor was leaving the show) or because they were around when they wanted to bring a dead person back to life and the Dimeras have done it before so why not again? 

Yes, I've always hated how every single thing that went wrong in the entire town was because of Stefano.  OOOOH, now that we have a NEW big bad, let's see how many things they can retroactively pin on Orpheus..  Maybe they can blame Orpheus for driving Claire crazy, causing Ben's mental illness, driving Jordan crazy, Gabi's prison beating, the shooting of Stefan (Lani was actually drugged and hallucinating - I may be on to something here), forcing Gabi to booby-trap Julie's pacemaker, forcing Kristen to push Haley down the stairs, forcing Rolf to bring back Princess Gina and Stefano, triggering Chad and drugging Abigail!!  Maybe we could even blame him for the fact that Brady only has 4 working brain cells!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Maybe we could even blame him for the fact that Brady only has 4 working brain cells!

Orpheus: "Whoa, hey, now! I'll cop to the rest, but that dude? No one could make someone that dumb. You can't pin that on me!"

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 5/15/2020 at 10:27 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm of the opinion that Buffy is like Hermione Granger in that they hadn't created a male character that was good enough for her--I liked Angel with Darla and Spike with Drusilla and I think Katniss should have ended up with Gale 🙂  There, got all of my fandom opinions out at once.

[snip]

Wow - we must share the same brain because this is what I think as well, esp. the Katniss/Gale 'ship.

To bring this post back to DOOL, all of the posts outlining how people are related to each other is making my head hurt. We've said before - many times - here that the characters in Salem are waaaay too incestuous. It's so ridiculous and even gross.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, Sandman said:

Orpheus: "Whoa, hey, now! I'll cop to the rest, but that dude? No one could make someone that dumb. You can't pin that on me!"

10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Don't forget that period where everything was blamed on Ben. But, he's better now.

8 hours ago, pearlite said:

And Kristen? She's changed now.

So, by the end of next year, Orpheus will have repented of his evil ways, Ciara will have thrown Ben over for the newest Bad Boy in town (he may not have the abs but just get a gander at that sexay receding hairline, Ciara, and of course Bo would have approved, right?) and he'll be leading meditation seminars at the new Marlena Evans "Say What, Now?" Retreat Center and Clown Shoe Emporium.  

Or, alternate scenario, he just MIGHT be next in line to be Police Commissioner!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1

His anger was justified!  I loved when he asked Brady "How could you be so Stupid?!"...yep, Brady is an Idiot.  

I generally don't like Eric much but I loved this. It was about damn time someone mentioned that little Mickey/Rachel just got over a huge health scare. Brady is just so so dumb. Completely useless.

Ciara will have thrown Ben over for the newest Bad Boy in town (he may not have the abs but just get a gander at that sexay receding hairline

I don't think Ciara sees anything but Ben and she has no other thoughts in that head of hers. My idea would be that Orpheus 'changes' and it's time for Hope to get a new romance. Bo would certainly approve of this too. Marlena would finally forgive Hope for being chipped and chasing John.

I was never a Bo/JHope fan (I am a Bo/Carly gal all the way) but even I find it gross to have the child of one of the biggest couples on this show engaged to a serial killer. Bo would approve?!? Good lawd. No Ciara ... nope, no, not, nah. Bo would never ever approve. Well I mean real Bo. Now if Bo were to return with Ron writing,  of course he'd be a member of the Ben brigade.

I'm enjoying Gabi and Jake. The actors have chemistry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

I generally don't like Eric much but I loved this. It was about damn time someone mentioned that little Mickey/Rachel just got over a huge health scare. Brady is just so so dumb. Completely useless.

I don't think Ciara sees anything but Ben and she has no other thoughts in that head of hers. My idea would be that Orpheus 'changes' and it's time for Hope to get a new romance. Bo would certainly approve of this too. Marlena would finally forgive Hope for being chipped and chasing John.

I was never a Bo/JHope fan (I am a Bo/Carly gal all the way) but even I find it gross to have the child of one of the biggest couples on this show engaged to a serial killer. Bo would approve?!? Good lawd. No Ciara ... nope, no, not, nah. Bo would never ever approve. Well I mean real Bo. Now if Bo were to return with Ron writing,  of course he'd be a member of the Ben brigade.

I'm enjoying Gabi and Jake. The actors have chemistry.

A part of me wants to see Orpheus/Hope(well Orpheus/Gina) just so Marlena's never ending hypocrisy is on full display that nobody will call her out on...

I also agree Bo wouldn't approve in fact his reaction would be 10x worse than Hope's has been there would've been a murder attempt at one point but he would get a pass over it since he's a male character. This is why in times like these I'm glad Bo is dead and I don't want him to return unless its the very last episode of Days.

11 minutes ago, tribeca said:

May all this Eric love last all weekend. 

Eric works best when they don't make him all depressing and a total rage monster its few and far between though despite that I still like him more than Sami when it comes down to it.

• Love 3

I'm not going to be watching today because I think it's going to be too upsetting, so I leave it to you guys to tell me if I made the right decision.

Honestly, I don't want people being caught off guard just because Ron wants to write shocking twists and doesn't care about how it affects his audience.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, it's been a minute.  I moved houses and what-not.  Took me a while to catch up both with the show and the on-line posting.  So... here's a massive data dump of feels/thoughts, bolded for skimming:

Baby Mama Drama: Rex is the MVP.  LG has about 15 emmy reel options.  Loved Xander just trying to help (he really DOES love her and the Baby).  Was Brady dropped on his head as a child? Just saying -- I can see HOW the story wrote it to make rational sense to Brady in Brady-view but it's thin (bottom line - he didn't want to lose access to Tate.  That's it.  That's the rationale).  I think Kristin will protect Rachel from harm (and get her medical follow-up), but Kristin needs to avoid any kind of stress whatsoever because she's got a Hyde side with an instinct to kill.  Not Rachel, never Rachel, but anyone who is a threat to Rachel.  

Eric/Nicole: If ONLY his speech hadn't called Rachel 'the most important person in the world to me', I would have been okay with it.  He had very good points.  But it came across "me, me, me!" a bit.  At the end, when Nicole hugged him ... I swear the look on her face was 'come here man-baby, let me distract you so you don't do something you'll regret."  I swear, she knows EXACTLY who she has as a future husband (that's coming, right?).

Gabi/Jake: Love to see the Stabi-vibe back.  I am convince Rolf was lying, but I'm also convinced Jake is Stephan's body.  Now... WHO's personality is on the chip in his head?  Before Stevano went to surgery, he gave instructions to Rolf to execute some backup plan.  I think Jake could be sporting a Stefano chip in his Stefan body.  And Jake is a backstory written up by Rolf.  Because there was too much brain damage with the bullet, so there was some serious 'weird science' shit with this particular transformation.

Cin: I've come to accept them as a couple and enjoyed Ben worried about Hope.  I do find Ciara seriously entitled and she needs to learn some humility.  I expect Eve, JJ, Eric (he lost Serena), and the mid-wife's family to always shun Ben.  And I think Ciara needs to accept that.  I'm actually okay with how Will/Ben bonded.  Will's choice, and it's in keeping with his personality.  But WHO will be the maid of honor/best man?  I'd vote for crazy cakes (Claire) and Will.  

New Zoey works better for me than old Zoey.  I am alone in this, I understand.  I'm glad she violated her attorney/client privilege.  Christen does accept responsibility for murdering Jordan.  That's an issue for me.  

Orpheus can fall in a hole.  Anytime now.  Please.

Maggie: My dear sweat soap-opera Queen!  What a run she has had.  Brilliant acting.  Julie racing out there to gossip is just so ... Julie.

Lani/Eli - I'm ready to move on .  It was very Lani of her to let Kristin go.  And I think she's a better cop than most.

Justin - this is not going to work out in the end.  You know it.  The audience knows it.  I feel bad for you.

Abigail TOUCHED the Phoenix ring a while back.  Maybe it's got some slow-acting mental poison that Rolf designed.  Scary story, enjoying the way they show the hallucinations.  I blame Stefano.  

Wants:
Xander to continue being supported by Victor (but I'm worried about that... Victor wants to win Brady back... Xander getting shafted could be Brady's price).  I want him to continue to support Sarah.

Sarah & Maggie: I want them to be in a room with a lot of chocolate, Netflix, and comfy pajamas.  Where they can cry and hug and support each other. 

Kate to get the job from Abe. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 9