Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think I saw 1957 as Adrienne's birthyear. I was surprised they put actual years on it. The show also put 1975 as Stefan's birth year.

That seemed old to me (for Adrienne).  I remember she came on the show around '87ish and I didn't think she was close to 30, so I looked up Judi Evan's birth year and it's 1964.  So I was wondering why they did that.  Even using her real birth year, she'd still be old enough to be Sonny's mom.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I always took the Eurostar from England to Paris and there is a customs check point for sure

That poor baby. Kristen did not ask one frigging question about the child. Then pawed all over her with Brady. She knows nothing about her needs, likes, food dislikes, follow up CANCER needs ffs

A real baby would have sobbed and reached out for Sarah during the handover

Babies at that age know their mothers.  She has formed a bond with Sarah and in real life, Sarah is the legal mother regardless if Kristen is the biological mother.  It would be months before a handover would ever happen. There would be social workers, psychologists, lawyers and a judge presiding over the whole thing. Mackenzie's needs will always take precedent no matter what.  Not to mention, Kristen's record as a homicidal maniac would have been taken into consideration on when she would ever get custody of Mackenzie. I will never call her Rachel because I don't consider her to be Kristen's.. 

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Babies at that age know their mothers.  She has formed a bond with Sarah and in real life, Sarah is the legal mother regardless if Kristen is the biological mother.  It would be months before a handover would ever happen. There would be social workers, psychologists, lawyers and a judge presiding over the whole thing. Mackenzie's needs will always take precedent no matter what.  Not to mention, Kristen's record as a homicidal maniac would have been taken into consideration on when she would ever get custody of Mackenzie. I will never call her Rachel because I don't consider her to be Kristen's.. 

100%. This whole story line has been offensive and ridiculous right from Kristen's first attempt to snatch Sarah's baby from her womb. Which is no biggie to Moron Brady Black apparently

• Love 15
(edited)

Dr. Rolf, Salem's favorite Mad Scientist, strikes again!  So he did save Stefan but the poor man has amnesia and thinks he's Jake and he just has to drink the lemon lime soda/memory restorer serum?  And this is the third time for this story line in just as many years?  Perhaps the writers need to come up with a new idea.

I don't know who is less interesting, an angry and entitled Chad or his dangerously psychotic wife.  Princess Abs has such a 1950's housewife mentality--Lani "stole" Eli from Gabi?  What's next, declaring someone's "too much woman" or "not man enough"?

I loved how unhappy Hope looks as Ciara hugged her--who in their right mind would be happy that their child was marrying a serial killer, no matter how allegedly he was reformed?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 19
(edited)

Looks like Jake's got jokes.  How should he react sensitively to news that Ben is a serial killer, indeed.

The Abigail scenes were done well again today.

Chad is ridiculous.  Yelling at the police chief to not be out looking when 1) neither you or her parents are out there looking and 2) she's at your darn home.  What? No one thought to check there and the hidden passages?

I'm glad Rafe got the zinger about Kristen in  but he should have gone in harder.

I had to laugh at Rolf pointing out that he was able to save Steve and Hope because they still had hearts.  Yet when they discussed Jack and Will later, ironically about remembering things, they conveniently forgot Jack didn't have organs when he was saved. In fact, if Jake is Stefan, his story is similar to what happened with Jack except for the fact that Jack had his memory wiped but had no other identity replacing it while Stefan, if it's Stefan, had his memory wiped and refilled with this Jake guy--so like Steve & Hope.

eta: because I made a separate post with the info when it looked like my original edit didn't appear.  But then it did.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Dr. Rolf, Salem's favorite Mad Scientist, strikes again!  So he did save Stefan but the poor man has amnesia and thinks he's Jake and he just has to drink the lemon lime soda/memory restorer serum? 

That played to me like Rolf was lying but saw an opportunity to get out.  But the show did play it rather vague so it could go either way if they decide he's Stefan and don't have a better explanation about what happened.

However, IIRC, it wasn't the serum that gave Jack back his memory; it was a bump on the head.  Did even get the serum?

• Love 9

I'm not sure what Billy Flynn is going for, but Chad is coming off way more unhinged asshole than concerned hubby. I would so love if Chad was behind drugging Princess Abs, but I doubt the writers are that clever.

Jokes about a serial killer. Hilarious!! #sarcasm

55 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

.....but that line about the washer/ring being a sign that Bo was giving his blessing?

I'm pretty sure I heard Bo roll over in his grave, at that point.

• Love 15

I know most posters here hate CIN, and I get it.  And I wish the chemistry between the 2 actors didn't involve one character that was a serial killer.  But that can't be changed now, well unless they create a doppelganger, and it's probably too late for that.

However, as a CIN fan, I love how their relationship has been a slow build, kinda like the super couples back in the 80s.  Again I wish they'd never made Ben the serial killer. He could have been a "bad" guy without going to that extreme. But that was a different writer, who was obsessed with Chabby and couldn't see RSW's potential. 

Hope is clearly not thrilled about the engagement. And, when Ciara mentioned Bo giving his blessing, I imagined the eyerolls/groans from this forum.  But with a soap opera everyone accepts the ridiculous. I wasn't watching at the time, but didn't a dead swamp baby end up being Bo's daughter? Or something like that. LOL.

It would be nice if the show had the  budget to have the wedding at St. Lukes with with a real priest/pastor, but I suspect we'll have a wedding at the park with Julie or Marlena officiating, and barely no guests.   Poor Ciara doesn't even have a best friend to be a bridesmaid, or throw a shower for her, or friends to attend.  They really ruined that group of SORASed teens, didn't they.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

That seemed old to me (for Adrienne).  I remember she came on the show around '87ish and I didn't think she was close to 30, so I looked up Judi Evan's birth year and it's 1964.  So I was wondering why they did that.  Even using her real birth year, she'd still be old enough to be Sonny's mom.

I thought the birth year for Adrienne was 1967, not 1957, on the tombstone.

• Love 7

Ciara thought it was a good idea for Ben to be late to his new job.   A job he is lucky to get.  It’s not surprising Ciara has no friends she doesn’t have any interests outside of her boyfriend.  

Chad does came off guilty.  Not sure that’s what the actor is going for.   What is the reason for anyone wanting to make Abigail look crazy?   Abby is doing a good job in this story JMHO.  

• Love 10

Chad's DiMera is showing.  And Abby's a grown adult woman, she isn't "missing". I wonder if Henderson knows she's at the DiMansion.

Why would Jake possibly be laughing at the memory of slamming Gabi to the floor?

Is Kate living in the DiMansion?

"Now you're my bitch."

"Thank God." "No, thank me."

I guess if Jake doesn't care that his new employee is a serial killer he won't care that his mechanic is drinking at lunch.

Why is Abigail in the waiting room instead of being back in her hospital room?

• Love 7
(edited)

They cut another scene today. During the engagement celebration, Hope was to get a phone call about the discovery of a recently strangled body of a college-aged girl. Then, Hope looks directly at the camera and says "That's our Ben!" as Warner Bros cartoon music played out the show.

Edited by Damian
Unnecessary commas.
  • LOL 16
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I noticed that and forgot to mention it. 45 feels way too old for Stefan imo. How old is Gabi supposed to be?

Gabi has generally been played as part of the Abigail/Chad/Sonny/Will cohort, who were born in the 1989-1992 range.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

I know most posters here hate CIN, and I get it.  And I wish the chemistry between the 2 actors didn't involve one character that was a serial killer.  But that can't be changed now, well unless they create a doppelganger, and it's probably too late for that.

However, as a CIN fan, I love how their relationship has been a slow build, kinda like the super couples back in the 80s.  Again I wish they'd never made Ben the serial killer. He could have been a "bad" guy without going to that extreme. But that was a different writer, who was obsessed with Chabby and couldn't see RSW's potential. 

Hope is clearly not thrilled about the engagement. And, when Ciara mentioned Bo giving his blessing, I imagined the eyerolls/groans from this forum.  But with a soap opera everyone accepts the ridiculous. I wasn't watching at the time, but didn't a dead swamp baby end up being Bo's daughter? Or something like that. LOL.

It would be nice if the show had the  budget to have the wedding at St. Lukes with with a real priest/pastor, but I suspect we'll have a wedding at the park with Julie or Marlena officiating, and barely no guests.   Poor Ciara doesn't even have a best friend to be a bridesmaid, or throw a shower for her, or friends to attend.  They really ruined that group of SORASed teens, didn't they.

I guess by today's standards they would be a slow build but they're already engaged and it hasn't been a year. I think Ben/Ciara could be a lot better if they embraced Ben being dark and Ciara just as dark with Doug/Julie/Hope looking horrified.

Instead they get a bunch of hearts and flowers and treat Ben being an SK as an afterthought. 

They should be a dark angsty effed up couple not their current version. This would go over a lot better. Instead Eve is considered a bad guy for hating her daughter's killer and anyone dare bring up Ben's past Ciara gets all pissy over it.

I do think the actors have chemistry and potential but everything else is.. terrible.

• Love 7
(edited)

Today's WTF moments...

Ciara thinking that washer ring is a sign of Bo's approval.   FOH. (And I actually do like Cin for some inexplicable reason.)

Abe saying Kate would never hurt anybody.  Bahahaha.

I'm trying to figure out if I should feel guilty laughing at Jake's reaction to Ben's confession to being a SERIAL KILLER. I'm thinking yes.

Also? Chad is an ass.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I noticed that and forgot to mention it. 45 feels way too old for Stefan imo. How old is Gabi supposed to be?

She was listed as 20 years old on Arianna's birth certificate back in 2013, as was Will, so 28ish with the time jump factored in.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Ciara thought it was a good idea for Ben to be late to his new job.   A job he is lucky to get.  It’s not surprising Ciara has no friends she doesn’t have any interests outside of her boyfriend.  

I was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered Ben got beat up because of Jake so I guess he can be a bit late.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I guess by today's standards they would be a slow build but they're already engaged and it hasn't been a year.

This also crossed my mind then I had to remind myself of the year time jump.

• Love 4
(edited)

Hagatron loves Bonehead so much that she takes his daughter away from him? She loves him so much that she can't face the consequences of her murderous rage? (I'm actually surprised that they bothered having her offer.)

Yeah, that was some bullshit. Cheap-ass fake Paris, fake storyline, embarrassing resolution. LG deserved better. 

Do Ciara and Bikeshop BOllie ever do anything except suck face?

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

I would have hoped that Ciara got a bit more life experience before getting 'married'. Her fiancé killed three people. Yes, he served his time, yes he is on medication, etc. But he still sees Ciara as his white knight. And that isn't all that healthy. Ciara needs time on her own, travel, experience more life that Ben Weston. And Ben needs time to carve an identity of his own. I like the actor playing him. Just wish his backstory wasn't what it is.

The washer ring wasn't all that cute. Poor Hope, faking being happy for her daughter. And her neckline from the dress wasn't all that flattering for the very thin and aged neck. Maybe she can convince her daughter to have a year long engagement - get a decent job, have interests in work and friends and such?

Why would Abs escape through the DiMera tunnels? No Uber to take her to the mansion. Why is she talking to Steffy's portrait? Chad came across as a jerk today and I also do wonder if he is poisoning her (still under Stefano's control). And now Abs is attacking Kate and Abe - all her hallucinations seem to be about Ben, Stefan, and Gabi.

Who knows if Dr. Rolf is telling the truth or he just doesn't want to be in jail. I assume that the serum is in Gabi's handbag.

Who is calling Jake? Who is his boss? He seemed to crack jokes about Ben's past.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

As far as we know, Xander really has changed and been nothing but the nice guy doing his job at Titan all that time and being a real Dad/partner...without committing any crimes or participating in a shooting. That's actual progress for him!

During that entire year he was helping keep Will in prison for a crime he didn't commit. He also participated in a baby switch. And, then, after helping convince Brady that his daughter was dead, he added insult to injury by demanding Victor give him Brady's job. Yeah, I know the show's excuse was that he was doing it all out of love for Maggie and Sarah but his actions were still disgusting and not really the acts IMO of a reformed person especially since he can barely muster an apology to the people's lives he destroyed (not that I give a shit about Brady and Kristen, but still...)

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That played to me like Rolf was lying but saw an opportunity to get out.  But the show did play it rather vague so it could go either way if they decide he's Stefan and don't have a better explanation about what happened.

That's how it played to me as well.

Ugh, Ciara was so passive-aggressive in her scenes with Hope. It was pretty clear that while she was pretending that she would understand if Hope had a problem with the engagement, she was clearly showing she would be upset if Hope didn't act overjoyed over the engagement. I can understand why Hope didn't want to express her concerns but you could see she wasn't entirely comfortable when she hugged Ciara. 

• Love 10

It crossed my mind perhaps Abigail drugged herself so that if she killed Gabi she would have an iron clad defense. 

What’s with the white curved lines orbing around people in her “hallucinations” the remind me of the beginning of my auras I get before a migraine. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Do Ciara and Bikeshop BOllie ever do anything except suck face?

Sandman, you just penned gold.  Bikeshop Bollie it is and ever shall be.

So were you all laughing as much as I was today?  I mean, what's more hilarious than Bikeshop Bollie and Jake making some funnies about being a serial killer, huh?  Huh?   "Guess we won't have to wear neckties", COME ON, that's killer!  Oh right, Bikeshop Bollie is the killer, yuck yuck and I do mean yuck.

Enough with Bikeshop Bollie and his new "Ask Amy" persona.  Instead of trying to gin up some gossip about Jake, how about actually doing some work?  Also, Show, turn down the bro bullshit between Jack and Bollie.  All that was left out today was some good ol' boy ballscratching.  

Ahhhh, the romance of the washer for a ring, it doesn't get any better than that.  And it won't, not as long as Ron C. is writing this epic romance.  I guess Ciara should be happy as hell that Bikeshop Bollie wasn't fixing a toilet when he decided to ask her to marry him, just imagine how she'd feel if she was wearing a toilet flapper instead of that washer.

It could have been even more romantic than the fortune cookie was....

giphy.gif

"Will you marry me?"   And more fitting.

Up until today, I'd have said that personality wise, Bollie was more tolerable than Ciara - until he got ahold of a necktie anyway.  But today he's been granted a full Ciara Pain-in-the-Ass scholarship and it looks like he'll be graduating with honors.

But he'll never be as grating as Ciara is.  She will always be the champ.  She's an unblinking steamroller of sulky, self-involved, clueless entitlement.  The crown has passed from Abigail to her harridan cousin.  

I only hope Claire gets out in time to be her maid of honor.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8

It would be nice if Hope was pretending to be happy for Cin but was secretly plotting to break up their wedding with Steve's help of course.  

I mean mothers trying to break up their child's relationships is a soap staple(or was) but Days won't go there. I rather see that than the last few years of storylines Hope has had.

I think the last mom to do that on this show was Eve with JJ/Paige. I don't want Hope to use Eve's methods on Ben though...

• LOL 2

Gabi really set herself up for Dr Rolf to lie to her if Jake isn't actually Stefan.  Why would he tell her anything else than what she wanted to hear after she threatened to have him killed in jail?

It would have been a lot more fun if Princess Gina had taken Ciara and Ben to lunch for their engagement.  I can only imagine the snark!   

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

And Ben needs time to carve an identity of his own.

No -- no carving, thank you! I think he's had plenty of chances to wring lots of experiences out of life.

• LOL 11
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

It crossed my mind perhaps Abigail drugged herself so that if she killed Gabi she would have an iron-clad defense. 

Plausible pharmacopoeiality? Nice -- but I'm pretty sure getting yourself into an altered state of consciousness doesn't offer much of a shield.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Okay, so if Dr. Rolf was lying about Jake really being Stefan, then the serum she was about to inject Jake with could really be just lemon lime soda?  So then Chad and the rest of the Horton horrors would finally have proof that Gabi wasn't behind Princess Abs' hallucinations and her nightmare continues?  Win/Win in my book!

Seriously, I don't care one iota about Abigail and her mental illness and while the actress does  a good job with her reactions to the hallucinations, I can't find it in me to feel any sympathy for her--Marlena is trying to help her and she's just coming off with an unpleasant and entitled attitude.

I did enjoy Ben's stopping Gabi from injecting Jake and the way she was swinging that syringe down was damn terrifying.

So now Eli is okay with Lani's letting Kristen escape because it was all about being a mom.  I guess Gabi's the only one who gets held accountable in this town--good to know.

• Love 10

Marlena was so strange today.   I know she loves Ben but her saying to Ben she would get the syringe checked since it was for him just made me gag.  
  She also acted very strange with Abigail.   Did she not believe her?  Did she just not care?

And Christian Maddox is a great name.   

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Plausible pharmacopoeiality? Nice -- but I'm pretty sure getting yourself into an altered state of consciousness doesn't offer much of a shield.

Where did I say the cause would be common knowledge? 

14 hours ago, boes said:

Sandman, you just penned gold.  Bikeshop Bollie it is and ever shall be.

So were you all laughing as much as I was today?  I mean, what's more hilarious than Bikeshop Bollie and Jake making some funnies about being a serial killer, huh?  Huh?   "Guess we won't have to wear neckties", COME ON, that's killer!  Oh right, Bikeshop Bollie is the killer, yuck yuck and I do mean yuck.

Enough with Bikeshop Bollie and his new "Ask Amy" persona.  Instead of trying to gin up some gossip about Jake, how about actually doing some work?  Also, Show, turn down the bro bullshit between Jack and Bollie.  All that was left out today was some good ol' boy ballscratching.  

Ahhhh, the romance of the washer for a ring, it doesn't get any better than that.  And it won't, not as long as Ron C. is writing this epic romance.  I guess Ciara should be happy as hell that Bikeshop Bollie wasn't fixing a toilet when he decided to ask her to marry him, just imagine how she'd feel if she was wearing a toilet flapper instead of that washer.

It could have been even more romantic than the fortune cookie was....

giphy.gif

"Will you marry me?"   And more fitting.

Up until today, I'd have said that personality wise, Bollie was more tolerable than Ciara - until he got ahold of a necktie anyway.  But today he's been granted a full Ciara Pain-in-the-Ass scholarship and it looks like he'll be graduating with honors.

But he'll never be as grating as Ciara is.  She will always be the champ.  She's an unblinking steamroller of sulky, self-involved, clueless entitlement.  The crown has passed from Abigail to her harridan cousin.  

I only hope Claire gets out in time to be her maid of honor.

Hey all, because I have already have a slight headache...can someone help me out here?  How are Ciara & Abigail cousins?  [Is it a 2nd/3rd cousin thing since Hope & Jennifer are cousins?]

• Love 1
(edited)

Rafe, STFU you smug, sanctimonious douchebag.

Eli, you're no better than Lani. Please turn in your shield and gun.

These so-called heroes/good guys are completely unrootable.

I bet Christian would have won if he still had Britt Westbourne as his lawyer. Not feeling the new Zoey.

ETA: I agree that Marlena was acting strange with Abigail, but I figured, like most of us, she's completely over Princess Abs and her drama.

Edited by lb60
  • Love 9
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Where did I say the cause would be common knowledge? 

Well, wouldn't it have to come out eventually, even in Salem, the Land that Logic Forgot?

If I'm remembering right, Ciara and Abigail are second cousins, because their mothers are first cousins.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They should be a dark angsty effed up couple not their current version. This would go over a lot better. Instead Eve is considered a bad guy for hating her daughter's killer and anyone dare bring up Ben's past Ciara gets all pissy over it.

I do think the actors have chemistry and potential but everything else is.. terrible.

In a way, the storyline with Ciara/Ben is like Buffy/Angel, except Xander never accepted "good Angel", where in Salem, everyone is cool with "good Ben".   Eve, or someone else, really does need to be there to remind Ben of what he did.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Eve, or someone else, really does need to be there to remind Ben of what he did.

I agree. However, we all know that if Eve were around, they would make her over-the-top evil and unsympathetic so the audience sympathizes with Ben. 

Not once have we heard how Paige was Shane's granddaughter, Kim's step-granddaughter, Theresa's niece, or Rafe and Gabi's sister. It's those characters that should really be hating on Ben. Hell, I'd even give Bonehead Brady points if he brought up how Tate will never get to know his cousin.

And that's not even getting started on how every character related or connected to Will shouldn't give Ben the time of day. Is it too much to hope that Kate's first order of business is to start a campaign that puts Ben back in jail? Or at least offer to whip up some brownies for his and Ciara's wedding?

• Love 7

Regarding the new Zoey(Christian's sister/lawyer), I did not care for her today.  I will give her time, but I thought the 1st actress looked so much like the actor playing Christian, that they were believable as siblings & I thought they worked well on-screen.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Eve, or someone else, really does need to be there to remind Ben of what he did.

I think it ought to have been Will (or Sonny) doing this, but the show has seen to it that this will never happen now. I would have been totally okay with Will, or anyone who loved him, really, remaining fiercely unforgiving of BOllie, despite his worthless bacon being saved because of some cartoon of a mad scientist Dimera minion.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Marlena was so strange today.

She's been acting strange for months, if not a year, imo.

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

In a way, the storyline with Ciara/Ben is like Buffy/Angel ...

Ah, maybe that's why I hate them lol. Buffy/Spike forever!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

In a way, the storyline with Ciara/Ben is like Buffy/Angel, except Xander never accepted "good Angel", where in Salem, everyone is cool with "good Ben".  

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, maybe that's why I hate them lol. Buffy/Spike forever!

I was more a Buffy/Riley fan myself [please don't throw rotten tomatoes my way!].  I would have been OK with Buffy/Spike but then they went and gave him back his soul back too!  (sigh)

• Love 4
(edited)
37 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I was more a Buffy/Riley fan myself [please don't throw rotten tomatoes my way!].  I would have been OK with Buffy/Spike but then they went and gave him back his soul back too!  (sigh)

Buffy and Riley for me, too.  Though I also liked her with Angel.  Spike was too good for them all.

Now, if Show had decided to go the Vampire route with Ben, and made Ciara into the actual Hell Mouth, or at least a humorous human sacrifice, even I could be a Bollie-of-the-Bike-shop and Ciara fan.....

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1