Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Today's show has some good Drama & face to face confrontations!  The best is Gabi & Dr. Rolf at the police station, I am LOL....Dr. Rolf has set-up Gabi, hook, line & sinker.  I am shocked, LOL.  And I loved the scenes between Sarah & Maggie, just love their dynamic.  And Xander vs. Sarah...ooh, the tension, and then Xander talking to Victor, he is shocked by the news.  But, the scenes of Brady yelling at his sick Grandfather made me so annoyed...Brady is such a "Rage-a-holic"...good grief, Bullying his GrandFather to put him back in charge was so upsetting to watch.  And then the scenes of Sonny confronting Evan/Christian are well done too.  Today's show has some good story-telling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Today's show has some good Drama & face to face confrontations!  The best is Gabi & Dr. Rolf at the police station, I am LOL....Dr. Rolf has set-up Gabi, hook, line & sinker.  I am shocked, LOL.  

I am very torn because I love both Dr. Rolf and Gabi--I do adore watching a skillful con game get pulled off, but I also feel bad that it was Gabi and her love for Stefan that got played.  Here is my question though--Dr. Rolf obviously knew about the hallucinogenic drug DiMera was creating, so does that mean he knows who drugged Princess Abs?  And he was coy about whether Stefan was Jake--DAMN!!

All of the scenes with Maggie today were awesome, especially the moments with Justin and Sarah and I also enjoyed Sonny's tell off of Evan/Christian--once again, FS delivers with the righteous anger.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I am very torn because I love both Dr. Rolf and Gabi--I do adore watching a skillful con game get pulled off, but I also feel bad that it was Gabi and her love for Stefan that got played.  Here is my question though--Dr. Rolf obviously knew about the hallucinogenic drug DiMera was creating, so does that mean he knows who drugged Princess Abs?  And he was coy about whether Stefan was Jake--DAMN!!

Rolf was probably the one who created those drugs. He is after all a mad scientist.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I only caught the last half but was a bit surprised by Kayla's reaction to Jake.

I get that my memory is spotty unless it's something I really care about but I don't recall Stefan having anything to do with what happened with the face swapping, chip implanting shenanigans.  No more than Chad had anything to do with it.

That was all Stefano and Rolf.  Not Stefan.

I don't even recall her having many scenes with Stefan other than to literally rip his heart out for Julie.

So what am I missing?

• Love 2
Just now, Irlandesa said:

So what am I missing?

If I recall correctly, Kayla was told by Stefan that the bionic eye would be available to Steve but only if she did his dirty work for him. I think it involved getting back at Kate. So when Steve was framed with espionage by using the bionic eye, Stefan started the ball rolling by getting Steve that eye.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

If I recall correctly, Kayla was told by Stefan that the bionic eye would be available to Steve but only if she did his dirty work for him. I think it involved getting back at Kate. So when Steve was framed with espionage by using the bionic eye, Stefan started the ball rolling by getting Steve that eye.

Yes, I remember Stefan O was blackmailing Kayla, I think to do something un-ethical at the hospital, it was back when the 1st actor was playing Stefan O (Tyler Christopher?)

• Love 3

"Because I don't like you!" Oh Dr. Rolf, you had me rolling at that line delivery. Gabi is a moron, and if she took half a second before impulsively acting on her every whim, she would have realized she was getting played.

While Brady also fits "moron" status on most occasions, I did think Victor needed to hear what Brady had to say. Unfortunately I don't think much of it sunk in. 

• Love 5

Very nice scenes today between Justin and Maggie. I'm so happy Wally got an Emmy nom. 

I am not a fan of FS, but I thought he started out well in his scenes with Evan/Christian. I didn't think he was able to sustain it, though. 

Brady, maybe if you stomp your foot and hold your breath Victor will give you what you want, you big moronic baby. I just can't with him.

Call me crazy, but I like Sarah's wild hair.

Poor Xander. Now he's out of a job. Victor's probably going to want his coin back, too.

Rolf, you sneaky mad scientist. I also question where he got his hands on the drug and if he's part of poisoning Abs.

Lani and Eli remain the most hypocritical, corrupt, and smug cops in all the land. They have no questions about how and where Rolf got the drug? Alrighty, then!

• Love 10

The nicely acted scenes (Maggie and Justin) were undercut by all the other scenes of people being called "human scum".  I'm sorry.  I get tired of that.  Sure, Brady feels betrayed, but Victor is in the hospital.  Make your point and move on.  I find self-righteousness annoying in soap opera characters.  

• Love 9

Lots of great performances today. One of the better episodes in a long while.

31 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

The nicely acted scenes (Maggie and Justin) were undercut by all the other scenes of people being called "human scum".  I'm sorry.  I get tired of that.  Sure, Brady feels betrayed, but Victor is in the hospital.  Make your point and move on.  I find self-righteousness annoying in soap opera characters.  

That's Brady's character.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Ciarra is always dressed like an Instagram baddie like Lori Harvey or Amerezy just to do minor things like she shilling a code for Fashion Nova.

happy kat dennings GIF

5 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Okay I get why people think that Gabi would drug abby but why would she hurt Jake that makes no sense since she wants him to remember he's Stefan she wouldn't hurt him.

There's no sense in Salem.

• Love 6

I know that I am late to the party but those scenes with Maggie's suicide attempt was just so gruesome and too much for me to watch. Whatever happened to love in the afternoon. Daytime has gotten too comfortable doing those type of scenes..

It cannot be said enough but Brady is just the dumbest piece of shit ever.. Wow just wow...

I have no words for Ciara.. An awful character and I hate to even say this as a Bo fan but she is worst than Abigail.. She lives and breathes for her serial killer..

I like Gabi but I wish she would concentrate on Arianna her daughter who will need therapy at some point in her life. I am getting tired of Gabi's one track mind when it comes to Stefan/Jake.. It might be an unpopular opinion but I was fine with never seeing Stefan ever again.. I wish the actor came back as Alexander Kiriakis or Andrew Donovan. Legacy characters with ties to the show who can move the show forward with their own stories.

I love the vets but I wish they would pass on the baton to the next generation.  I am sick of Marlena getting kidnapped or John having to rescue her, enough already..

I want Lani to just die already and Eli deserves better and he is getting on my nerves as well. Perhaps Lani realizes that she is in love with Kristen and she goes off and joins her, never coming back.. Lani also convinces Kristen that Mackenzie is better off with Sarah. If Ron wanted to give Kristen some humanity  it would be her realizing that she has too many issues to give a child a stable loving home..

My heart just breaks for Sarah.. She can do no wrong in my eyes..

Ron better not go there with Steve and Hope, they are better off as friends..

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Hopefully the Salem PD put a microphone in that questioning room so they could hear Dr. Rolf admitting he conned Gabi. Yeah, Gabi, the Stefano folks did not like you. They should have, as you brought life in to scheming again.

Too convenient that it was the same drug as Abs has been getting. So where does it come from and as Dr. Rolf said, someone else could have brought 'Stefan' back to life - maybe there is a madder scientist out there.

Eli and Lani are just useless.

Kayla certainly avoided looking at Jake and wanted nothing to do with him.

Too bad Justin overheard her talking about Stefan taking away the love of her life. Ooops.

Everyone who went to see Maggie today was good. Justin had a quiet maturity about him.

Sonny, you could have yelled at Evan/Christian a bit more. A bit more rage would have worked.

Brady, you want Titan again? Both you and Xander could run it together. Or better yet, take your two remaining brain cells and start your own company.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Hopefully the Salem PD put a microphone in that questioning room so they could hear Dr. Rolf admitting he conned Gabi. Yeah, Gabi, the Stefano folks did not like you. They should have, as you brought life in to scheming again.

Too convenient that it was the same drug as Abs has been getting. So where does it come from and as Dr. Rolf said, someone else could have brought 'Stefan' back to life - maybe there is a madder scientist out there.

Eli and Lani are just useless.

Kayla certainly avoided looking at Jake and wanted nothing to do with him.

Too bad Justin overheard her talking about Stefan taking away the love of her life. Ooops.

Everyone who went to see Maggie today was good. Justin had a quiet maturity about him.

Sonny, you could have yelled at Evan/Christian a bit more. A bit more rage would have worked.

Brady, you want Titan again? Both you and Xander could run it together. Or better yet, take your two remaining brain cells and start your own company.

Heard it all when Brady accused Xander of stealing his grandfather like he owned his grandfather.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, boes said:

Oh yeah.....Brady.....  I like Eric Martsolf and I think he's a pretty goodlooking man, but these days, all shaved and waxed and tanning booth tanned to the color of burnt sienna, in his bath towel he looked a lot like an overcooked Easter ham.  I bet if we'd gotten a close up, we'd have seen he was dotted with cloves.  

So VERY true.  It’s just... approaching George Hamilton orange.

Thanks for the quote tip @Petunia13 !

I was glad Victor put up some resistance to firing Xander.  And I think the old man has an actual soft heart for him now.  The other day there was a moment when Victor touched his hand.  I was pleased to see that.  So... I’m hoping that he ‘fires’ Xander and yet keeps him either on the payroll or maintains a relationship with Xander.  Is it possible that Victor senses Brady’s revenge is more important to Brady than taking care of Titan?  Or is he blind to Brady suddenly having a ‘price’.  This is the man who moved out with Theresa, the man who kept Kristin at the mansion.  Except for the heinous start to his relationship with Eve, I think Brady has proven he’s happy to live without Titan.  I’m a little surprised if Victor has bought into Brady’s forgiveness being buy-able.

My poor Xander.  He was hoping to see Mickey. 😞 He misses her.  My favorite bit was when he was trying to tell Sarah that sleeping with Brady was not a healthy choice.  It’s comments like that which make me convinced he’s not going to slide back to EVOL mode.

I think Ciara DOES represent the ‘Instagram’ culture.  Where everything is photo-worthy.  A ‘yay me!!’ Attitude.  I think this is something the writers are catering too.  

Kayla ... you have sunk the SS Jayla ship for good.  She’s been trying so hard to convince herself but it’s not going to work.  

Gabi, Gabi, Gabi.  Get a lawyer, he’ll get you out of these charges.  The real question is WHO is actually drugging Abigail.  I think Chad is a suspect.  They need Abigail away for whatever thing Stefano set in motion to work.  That’s why she was drugged IMO.

Finally, Sarah is still slightly unbalanced with the whole revenge plot.  This will not end well for her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I am sick of Marlena getting kidnapped or John having to rescue her, enough already..

But, but, but, John's the one that got kidnapped this time, so, that's exciting!

;-)

• LOL 11

I ff'd all things Lani and Eli because I didn't want my head to explode as their smugness and hypocrisy, as well as their piss poor police work oozed out of their empty heads.  

Gabi tried to blow up Julie's heart, bad.

Kristen stabbed Victor, good.

Lani and Eli, unbearable.

I did get a laugh out of Brady bringing up the Titan shareholders and how unhappy they'd be when they found out their CEO, Xander, was a criminal.  As if that's anything new at Titan, or at DiMera, for that matter.  The shareholders at both companies are either completely used to their companies being run by incompetent crooks, or even more likely, the shareholders for both companies get together at a giant joint conference every year and drool on each other because these investors can NOT be the brightest bulbs in the sockets.

Maggie was great as were Justin and Sarah interacting with her.  Now, give that poor woman a break for godsakes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SueB said:

I was glad Victor put up some resistance to firing Xander.  And I think the old man has an actual soft heart for him now.  The other day there was a moment when Victor touched his hand.  I was pleased to see that.  So... I’m hoping that he ‘fires’ Xander and yet keeps him either on the payroll or maintains a relationship with Xander.  Is it possible that Victor senses Brady’s revenge is more important to Brady than taking care of Titan?  Or is he blind to Brady suddenly having a ‘price’.  This is the man who moved out with Theresa, the man who kept Kristin at the mansion.  Except for the heinous start to his relationship with Eve, I think Brady has proven he’s happy to live without Titan.  I’m a little surprised if Victor has bought into Brady’s forgiveness being buy-able.

Yes, I want Victor and Xander to hatch a plot where they feed Brady bad intel to see how he reacts.  I really hope they don't make Victor that stupid.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I find it...curious... that Sarah doesn’t have more of a problem with Brady. Especially as a doctor doing what he did.

Thank you. I found myself wondering how Sarah could suddenly, after being so terrified for Rachel's well being that she briefly ran off with her and intended to stay on the run for years on end if need be, be hunky dory hanging out with the guy who handed Rachel over to the crazy psychotic Kristen only for them both to disappear. Any halfway intelligent man would have allowed Kristen to go to jail for stabbing Victor and attempted to raise his daughter on his own...but not Brady. And it was pretty much his decision - he could have brought Kristen and Rachel back. I would think Sarah would be much much happier watching Brady raise Rachel than knowing Rachel is essentially missing and in the care of a crazy lady. I would assume she would shun Brady and be very bitter towards him, not pretend to sleep with him to hurt Xander's feelings.

I'm also really confused as to why Brady hasn't been arrested. I must have missed something, because I would think he would be arrested for giving a false confession and then also for allowing Kristen to get away with the child in France, when she was wanted for his grandfather's stabbing.

Anyhow, I'm just glad I'm not the only one totally confused by them teaming up.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

It would make more sense if Brady helped Kristen escape but kept Rachel because the child was still recovering from her cancer and shouldn't be moving around, life on the run. He could even promise Kristen that he would use his influence to get the charges dropped so that she could return. Meanwhile Sarah would have faked having a relationship with Brady to hurt Xander but also to stay near Rachel.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

So in the end, did swapping the babies save Maggie's life? Once Victor had covered up that she was there that night, if they had not been there to switch babies Maggie would have found out that night that Mickey died, and we have seen that, as Victor said, she could not live with that. Given that Evan's confession was a year away, I'd say in a roundabout way it was kinda sorta the right thing to do to save Maggie from topping herself

Since I think Brady is a moron and I don't care if Kristen suffers the effect on them has never really bothered me. Especially now that Brady cares so little for that baby's safety that he let a psycho take her on the run with no regard to her possible medical needs.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, SueB said:

Random Thought: Has anyone checked to see if Salem is built on a cursed burial ground?

Hellmouth, gravity well, cursed ground, time bubble, AND brain-melting toxic waste dump, I would say, to account for all of Salem's, er, special characteristics.  

Sarah and Bonehead Black getting together (for "sweet revenge," blech) makes no sense to me, except that (a) Sarah clearly has excruciatingly bad taste in men; and (b) anything that gets you-know-who finally, finally off the canvas is okay by me. I mean, the resolution oi the baby switch was obnoxious and ridiculous, but SHE'S GONE HALLELUJAH! I'm free!

Edited by Sandman
Free!
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 3:05 PM, buffynut said:

In a way, the storyline with Ciara/Ben is like Buffy/Angel, except Xander never accepted "good Angel", where in Salem, everyone is cool with "good Ben".   Eve, or someone else, really does need to be there to remind Ben of what he did.

And I like Spike so much better anyway. 

So, still not able to catch many episodes and finding that I'm all right with that for now. But I'll never quit this show entirely, lol. Anxious to see how the summer goes.

Edited by Lastwaltz
more to say
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

it was cute how the little boy playing David had to look down at the floor to find his mark.

At least they had Orpheus say how idiotic it was to expect a 2 year old to be able to untie knots.   John really doesn't have the Salem brain today does he?

And I love how all Justin has to do is say I deserve to know" and Steve completely caves.  (The letting him and Kayla know that it was SUPER SECRET and they had to double pinky swear they wouldn't tell ANYONE was a really great touch.)  I'd NEVER want my life to hang on anyone in Salem keeping their mouths shut.  Either they'll spill at the drop of a hat or they'll walk around talking out loud to themselves so everyone can overhear.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Has Chad always been this pushy with Abigail? Dude, read the room. She doesn't want you to go with her for good reason, and nagging your mentally ill wife isn't a good look.

Despite how much he may love her, he doesn't really trust her when it comes to her mental illness(es) and getting treatment without running away.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Despite how much he may love her, he doesn't really trust her when it comes to her mental illness(es) and getting treatment without running away.

That's a happy marriage. /sarcasm

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Chad is not Brady or he would have let her flee with their two children.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Has Chad always been this pushy with Abigail? Dude, read the room. She doesn't want you to go with her for good reason, and nagging your mentally ill wife isn't a good look.

Yes but considering Abigail's past behavior when it comes to dealing with her mental issues I think its warranted. 

I did like the family hug kind of missed JJ there. Hopefully one of his parents will tell him about his sister but I doubt it.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I liked the old footage of a much younger John and Orpheus.

John, do you seriously expect a two year old with Mr. Bunny to be able to untie you?

Orpheus raised the ransom to $15 million now?

Both Justin and Kayla can accept their love for each other but no, they are not going to be the other's true love. You can love many people during your life and it will be different with all of them.

Chad, you can take Abs to the clinic or rest home or detox centre or whatever and then leave her there. She is likely to take off and run to Grandma. Florida isn't that far. I would be curious to see if she is also being drugged at that place - as if Gabi could arrange *that*.

Jennifer's hair looked nice.

Rafe and Hope didn't need a neon sign over Zoey to know that she is lying about who called her.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Sandman said:

... Sarah clearly has excruciatingly bad taste in men ...

The best man she's had was the one who cheated on her multiple times, including with her sister. Like, girl!

18 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I don't understand what they're going for withChad.

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So, that was an actual flashback? It looked to me like they just put a bad wig on John to make him look younger lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So, that was an actual flashback? It looked to me like they just put a bad wig on John to make him look younger lol.

I thought it was a recreated flashback, too. First, because it looked like it was set in John and Marlena's current townhome set, which as far as I know wasn't around when John still had dark hair, and second, the scene was a true widescreen hi-def format, not the old square format from the yonder years.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

I thought it was a recreated flashback, too. First, because it looked like it was set in John and Marlena's current townhome set, which as far as I know wasn't around when John still had dark hair, and second, the scene was a true widescreen hi-def format, not the old square format from the yonder years.

I wasn’t sure. Orpheus didn’t have a beard so I thought it was older footage. No hi def TV.

• Love 3

John’s “smell the fart” face was out of control in the clip. 

Marlena was getting on my nerves yesterday yelling at everyone. Like she should be less bitchy and snapping and more clam in a crisis since A she’s a doctor and B she’s been involved in some sort of kidnapping scenario over 150,000x. Very boring story. 

Wally Kurth/Justin was excellent this week with Maggie and Kayla respectively. 

New Zoe does nothing for me. I don’t even get what the hell shes talkingvaboit half the time. She’s against criminal behavior but hasn’t cut herself off for those 2 fools and is also raving about how great ChisEvan is. She wants him to do the right thing but pissed off he confused. Like shut up. 

Jennifer’s hair looked very nice. 

• Love 10
On 5/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, RunningMarket said:

Has Chad always been this pushy with Abigail? Dude, read the room. She doesn't want you to go with her for good reason, and nagging your mentally ill wife isn't a good look

That whole scene was weird: Chad and Abigail smirk-glaring at each other and Jack and Jennifer mostly sitting there with their mouths hanging open. Awkward hugging and weird blocking where Chad was staring impassively from across the room. Social distancing beginning on set, or can Flynn and Mansi truly no longer stand the sight of each other, or what? Are Chad and Abigail trying to scam each other somehow? 

• Love 5
On 5/20/2020 at 12:36 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Shut up, Justin (I almost wrote Ned.) 

It honestly took me a minute to remember who he was playing after having just seen the actor as Ned on GH. These simultaneous roles airing at the same time  (due to the insane taping schedule Days has-which is actually working out for them now) get me confused. Or, I’m just getting old. Or going quarantine crazy. 

• Love 1

I'm relieved to see she hasn't been immediately rushing off into Eric's arms. I felt certain that as soon as the baby swap was resolved, and her engagement to Xander was dissolved, she would be back making eyes at Eric. (Not that I want her with Brady, mind you, but it's better than the alternative.)

Today's proposal wasn't bad, exactly, but I was underwhelmed. I got the sense that this one isn't going to be the last. And why was so much of it told from Kate's perspective? She got almost as much screen time during their engagement as they did. However, if this is set-up for more scenes between Kate and Nicole I'll take it. Would be nice for those two to have a realistic conflict again. I liked it when they were working together with Theresa on Basic Black and sparring. They're good actresses.

I really hope Abe and Kate are not going to end up jumping in the sack just for the heck of it. They have no chemistry except as friends and even then, it isn't much. It was nice to see them together because they pretty much never have scenes, but I don't want it to be more than what we got today.

Is Eric completely unaware that John has been kidnapped and Marlena is paying a ransom and Orpheus is on the loose? It was really weird to see him having a great night out with his girl while his family is, you know, potentially being murdered.

New Zoey did a good job today, although I was a little bit thrown by her revelation. There really wasn't any indication in earlier scenes that she was being forced by Orpheus to help her brother. And now I'm wondering if Christian even knows.

Justin, don't you know that Orpheus cannot die? Don't waste the bullets.

• Love 1

I think Sarah would've if Eric wasn't in a relationship.

Sarah goes for the next available male body in this case its Brady it makes sense tbh for both of them they are very similar in that regard.

Its a shame soaps no longer have character driven nuanced writing because they could've delved into why Sarah has these issues with men jumping from relationship to relationship, being self destructive. They could've tied it to Maggie jumping in the sack with Neil and Sarah walking in on it(which caused her to leave Salem the first time).

This show dropped the ball on Sarah/Maggie's relationship it should've been full of resentment and distrust on Sarah's part towards Maggie and that's why she stayed away for so long even from Mickey's funeral the father she adored. Instead.. we get this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Taser phone, huh?  The things they think of.

What's that counting down?

I am assuming its a bomb under the sofa...but how the heck did Orpheus get it into their home?!

• Love 3