Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Camila and Brandon have crazy chemistry.

How does Ben know if there's surveillance footage or not?

That French lady is not only blind, but stupid.

Yeah, Kristen can just walk in the door.  Are there no locks?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

How does Ben know if there's surveillance footage or not?

Ben killed a bunch of people and framed someone else.   He  probably knows where all cameras are. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Rafael said:

How long has Eric aka Eyore been in complete despair over his life? 

This poor man needs sleazy ,nasty and exhilarating fun !!!

Since GV took over the role although it was really after Kristen raped Eric and left the priesthood it went downhill for him.

Jensen's Eric was able to at least have some fun and be more upbeat. They just didn't know what to do with that character either. The only younger Brady this show cares to write for as an individual is Sami.

• Love 3

I'm not against vets having stories but why are they having marlena having conversations with Kayla about her love life when one of her son's baby is dead,and the other baby has been kidnapped pretty ridiculous that John and marlena isn't involved in the baby switch story.

• Love 8

The French blind lady is stupid. Does she not need a cane to help her find her way with things like doors and stairs and such? Sarah should have hid Rex in the closet or in the bedroom. Guess she left the door unlocked when she left.

So Theo can hack in to GPS and such legally? And pull up an address?

I liked Eli meeting Jake. Gabi did lay it on a bit thick but that's Gabi. At least it was mentioned that half of Salem's dead people actually aren't. Not cool of Jake to lie about who is after him.

Lani should turn in her badge and go on the run with Kristen. She is not fit to hold a police badge.

Liked the Victor and Xander scenes.

• Love 8

Who else wanted Eli to cuff Lani?  How awesome would that have been for a character who deserves to be arrested (at least fired) making a righteous speech that if someone doesn't understand her righteous actions then they should arrest her---and than that person does just that!?

Also, today's Jack and Jennifer scenes were enjoyable to me because I like them but it made me think of what I would really like to see them doing--and that's not worrying about Abby.  It makes sense that they do but instead of lamenting the state she's in and what Gabi allegedly did to her, I would like them realize they need to get to the bottom of her poisoning. They just spent over a year assuming Even threw Jennifer off the balcony only to find out that it was Hope and Eve was implicated because of a larger setup.

That experience should be at least make them a bit skeptical about jumping to conclusions in this matter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani should turn in her badge and go on the run with Kristen. She is not fit to hold a police badge.

while they at it, reveal she aint Abe's daughter afterall . is it compulsory for all the men on this show to have a kid out of wedlock or what ? Abe already has Brandon . he sure as hell did not need another illegitimate offspring . If Lani had to be a carver , why didnt they just make her Jonah Carver or even Karen Carver's daughter or just Tamara 's daughter with an unknown man ....but hell nah, lets make sure every man on this show has offsprings out of wedlock. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
On 5/9/2020 at 1:52 AM, Rafael said:

while they at it, reveal she aint Abe's daughter afterall . is it compulsory for all the men on this show to have a kid out of wedlock or what ? Abe already has Brandon . he sure as hell did not need another illegitimate offspring . If Lani had to be a carver , why didnt they just make her Jonah Carver or even Karen Carver's daughter or just Tamara 's daughter with an unknown man ....but hell nah, lets make sure every man on this show has offsprings out of wedlock. 

Not that I'm encouraging the "child out of wedlock", which for a soap means nothing because marriage means nothing to the characters, but my issue with Lani being Abe's daughter is more that she was unknown to him. 

I mean I have an issue with Brandon being raised by Paul because it was unnecessary him not being Paul's son, and the truth would of saved him and possibly Nicole. At least with Faye as a battered woman I can understand that more. 

Tamara not telling Abe makes absolutely no sense. 

Lani isn't my favorite character but she certainly doesn't exhibit any more hypocrisy than any other character or cop in Salem. I understand her helping Kristen no more or less than when Abe, Roman, John, Bo, or Hope would bend the rules for others. 

• Love 3

Abe not being remotely mad at Tamara annoyed me on so many levels. Especially since Abe was a decent man it would be one thing if he were like Stefano or someone nearly as awful. Even Faye made sense because she was a battered wife. However that whole thing made Tamara look selfish and thoughtless(so that's where Lani got it from?)

• Love 4

Lani is nothing like Abe first of all so that already makes me annoyed. He’s actually a decent and honest human being who isn’t boring. And her mom seemed pretty classy as well other than lying about her paternity. 

Whyyyyy was she allowed back on the force when she was open about lying that someone was committing a felony and threatening a life (Gabi to Julie) for a damn year, and then when returned to town lied about her whereabouts and occupation? And Eli knows this and she continues to lie to his face and he’s not dumping her ass and outraged? He’s looking real stupid RN.  Jesus be some common sense. 

I’m liking Jake. His blue collar grease monkey gruff sarcastic personality is different from all the living room CEOs and action heroes, he reminds me a bit of the dudes on Shameless and he has electric chemistry with Gabi. I still think he’s Stefan just trolling RN tho, but hope he keeps the vibe 👌🏼 

• Love 9
(edited)

Lani did not need to be Abe's daughter to be a viable character, just like Paul did not need to be John's son. Both kids made no sense.  Tamara had no reason to lie to Abe about his own daughter. John was with Kristen when Paul was conceived. The only kid despite being a retcon that made sense was Eli because his parents' love was not accepted by society. So it made sense that Valerie hid his paternity from David.  Nevertheless, even Eli annoyed me because he never met his dad David. We should have seen Valerie and David slowly reconnect and have the romance and life they were denied.

I don't understand why every new character has to be related to somebody on the show.. Don't get me started on Xander who should have been Alexander, Justin and Anjelica's son who was raised by Adrienne.  Anjelica could have enlisted Jack her beloved stepson to help her get Alex to accept and love her .  Anjelica and Kate could have clashed over their sons  battling to take over from Victor.  Anjelica and a skeptical  Adrienne could have teamed up to support their boy. Even Vivian could have joined forces with Kate over Philip. The story writes itself but the show is just one missed opportunity after the other.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/8/2020 at 9:33 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Jensen's Eric was able to at least have some fun and be more upbeat. They just didn't know what to do with that character either. The only younger Brady this show cares to write for as an individual is Sami.

I'm bitter they didn't cast Dan Wells to play Eric after he finished his stint playing Stan-but-really-Sami. He was fun. Anyway, I'm rolling with the idea that  Stefan has been brainwashed to think he's someone else. Wouldn't be the first time on this show!

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

just like Paul did not need to be John's son. Both kids made no sense.

Makes sense in the sense that John apparently can not be in the same room with a woman without impregnating her.

It's too bad that they retconned the retcon of him being a Dimera, because he totally had that in common with Stefano.  Supersperm.

Edited by Katy M
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I loved how for just a second, Kristen was going to leave Rex tied up and then that equally lovely moment when she threatened his life?  Your changed heroine, ladies and gentlemen.

Why is Ciara's voice so loud?  She always has such an angry attitude, like she's five minutes from punching someone--I thought she was going to take a swing at Jake because he refused to answer her--.and did you hear how she pronounced Titan?  What is with young girls dropping the t's in words?  Ti-uhn?  WTF?!

And who didn't love Brady's totally dismissing Kristen's violating Theresa with a "That was ancient history."  I guess he and Kristen do deserve each other because they are both kind of monstrous.

I did like the Jake/Kate conversation and the compassionate look on Jake's face when he heard about Gabi's emotional pain at Stefan's death was well done and Sarah's spilling her guts to her baby was massively gut-wrenching.

• Love 16

Will visiting Maggie ❤️
will bringing up Austin and how he thought he was wills father.  Nice use of history.   
I would like to believe Will is there for Maggie not only because he cares about her but because he knows how much she helped Lucas in the past.    

7 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

SO glad Xander told Brady that Kristen was happy to steal Sarah's baby and pretend it was his to entrap him 🙂

Did he care though ?

• Love 5

Why was Ciara dressed like Madonna circa Like A Virgin? Why does she think she's so tough?

I did legit laugh at Kyle Lowder's delivery of a few lines, including "of course you are" in response to Kristen being somewhat flip about "being wanted for attempted murder". I cannot believe that this show believes viewers want her to end up with the baby. I hand wave a lot of stuff when it comes to this show, but even the characters themselves make repeated references to Kristen's anger issues.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

Why is it none of you believe KRISTEN HAS CHANGED?  Brady has told us many, many times that this is a fact!!  Apparently he believes that if he says it enough, he can actually make it be true.  Agree with @kitmerlot1213 that Brady is willing to dismiss anything Kristen has done as "in the past" including things she apparently just did last week.  Tried to take Sarah's fetus and pass it off as Brady's?  That was in the past - she's changed now!!!  Stabbed Victor?  She was traumatized - it doesn't mean she hasn't changed!!!

44 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I did legit laugh at Kyle Lowder's delivery of a few lines, including "of course you are" in response to Kristen being somewhat flip about "being wanted for attempted murder". I cannot believe that this show believes viewers want her to end up with the baby. I hand wave a lot of stuff when it comes to this show, but even the characters themselves make repeated references to Kristen's anger issues.

This!!!  When people say they are legitimately fearful that she will harm Sarah, Brady doesn't even attempt to deny she is not only capable of it, but actually likely to do it.  Gosh, who WOULDN'T want this paragon of virtue to have unfettered access to an innocent child?

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

I’m so glad Brady called Kristen taking Theresa’s fetus “ancient history”. Between the flippant way he referred to that, and not giving into Theresa’s blackmail to dump Eve and sleep with her in order for him to get shared custody of Tate, Brady is on my good side. I love that he has very little regard for Theresa and her “woes”. I despise that bitch.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Lani did not need to be Abe's daughter to be a viable character, just like Paul did not need to be John's son. 

It gets really, really gross when you realize that Paul and Will were technically considered related when John was thought to be Shawn's son. That and Belle being Paul's sister and Will's aunt makes me shudder in a way that Will and Sonny sharing 1,000 cousins doesn't. Go figure.

Today's show: Of course Ciara will say yes. She's alone with a man who's murdered four people (bUt WiLL's aLiVe 🙄). You would have to say yes. Out of fear.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 5/8/2020 at 1:37 PM, brisbydog said:

Exactly! Everybody's first response is that Kristen will likely attack Sarah now. And why is Eli not firing Lani? How can he possibly keep her on the force??

The Victor and Xander scenes were quite moving. Glad the old man is not furious at him

Ben/Cierra/Gabi/Jake stuff whatever. Isn't interesting but doesn't infuriate me like Lani/Kristen et.al does

Eli like Rafe protect the woman he is banging.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Why was Ciara dressed like Madonna circa Like A Virgin? Why does she think she's so tough?

She sucks so much. Like just so fucking much. I almost have to applaud them for making her terrible in every single way. It's quite the feat lol.

I only got the second half and then I fast forwarded everything except the Rex/Kristen, Kate/Jake, and baby Mickey scenes. I enjoyed all of those, although the baby Mickey scenes only because of, you know, baby Mickey. I am over watching Sarah because I find LG's acting really annoying but that baby is adorable!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She sucks so much. Like just so fucking much. I almost have to applaud them for making her terrible in every single way. It's quite the feat lol.

I only got the second half and then I fast forwarded everything except the Rex/Kristen, Kate/Jake, and baby Mickey scenes. I enjoyed all of those, although the baby Mickey scenes only because of, you know, baby Mickey. I am over watching Sarah because I find LG's acting really annoying but that baby is adorable!

I've certainly seen parents speaking to an infant, but for only a few seconds, like "Oh silly, you dropped your sock!" Not having an hour-long conversation with them.

I realize that it's a set up so that Kristen can take back her rightfully deserved baby (/sarcasm), but at least Sarah seems to be coming out of the delirium that she's the biological mother of this child. It was getting really tedious. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I've certainly seen parents speaking to an infant, but for only a few seconds, like "Oh silly, you dropped your sock!" Not having an hour-long conversation with them.

There's sure to be a study in a few years on a correlation between the high incidence of using a baby as an exposition-dump and high levels of SORAS. It's too early to speculate about a causal link, of course, but I'm sure the research is promising. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is reminding me of the board in the days when Abifail/Kate Mansi was receiving a lot of hate. Lol. I do kind of wonder how Kate felt when she came back and realized Victoria/Ciara replaced her as the show's ingenue from hell. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Damian said:

Today's show: Of course Ciara will say yes. She's alone with a man who's murdered four people (bUt WiLL's aLiVe 🙄). You would have to say yes. Out of fear.

Whatever would make you think that?

Was it the way she *giggle* was surprised how much of a hard time her family gave him once upon a time *giggle* and she's like super super sorry they did that?

Brady kind of totally dismissed what Kristen was going to do to Sarah.  I mean, on a well written soap, this could have been a shocking bombshell to rob Kristen of some of her sympathy but now it's just used as a half hearted way to dispose of that inconvenient truth.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

This is reminding me of the board in the days when Abifail/Kate Mansi was receiving a lot of hate. Lol. I do kind of wonder how Kate felt when she came back and realized Victoria/Ciara replaced her as the show's ingenue from hell. 

I don't get why Kate would care either way I mean the show is the one that wants her back full time she rather be recurring for the most part so she can do indie projects.

Plus she's in her 30s most actresses know they can't play that type of role forever.

However as self absorbed as Abby has been she was still a better character than this version of Ciara because she at least seemed to care about her actual family members, also was able to have various love interests, a job, and family interactions beyond the man she was with.

I don't get that from Ciara at all not unless it affects Ben.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7

Jake maybe needs to dye his hair or something so he won't be called 'Stefan' by half the town. Yeah, he can't help that he is an exact lookalike. Wonder who he was talking to on the phone.

The Paris train station sure looked small. The ones I've been to have been huge and there aren't many quiet little corners. Sarah, you should not be talking to the baby like it's a shrink. If she is in the boarding area, Kristen should not have been able to find her unless she also bought a ticket.

Xander, you wasted your time telling Brady about Kristen's initial plans. He sees the 'reformed' Kristen and even if you bring Dr. Rolf, have him swear on a half dozen clones of Stefano, Brady will see Kristen as 'changed' and excuse her behaviour because of grief.

Nice of Will to visit Maggie.

Aww, Ben, having a 'will you marry me' fortune cookie. Ciara doesn't seem to dress all that well. All banged up but can still have Chinese food in the park and propose.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

There are so many similarities between Ciara and Abigail. Namely, how none of the other characters react normally to them (I don't even want Julie on my screen but how do you have a character like that who is not constantly buzzing in Hope's ear about Ciara's relationship choices). I remember being so frustrated that no one took Abigail aside during that whole EJ mess and said, "You hurt Sami. Badly. And when Sami is hurt, she lashes out... so good luck with that." and then washed their hands of it. Instead, the only characters to point out Abigail's stupid choices were villainous characters like Eve and Theresa. (This is back when Ben's role on the show was simply "The Hot One" and had no storyline, which suited the character and actor just wonderfully. But now we're stuck with this warped version of Jamie Dornan's character from The Fall if it were written by Stephanie Meyer.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Damian said:

(This is back when Ben's role on the show was simply "The Hot One" and had no storyline, which suited the character and actor just wonderfully. But now we're stuck with this warped version of Jamie Dornan's character from The Fall if it were written by Stephanie Meyer.)

hannah simone good job GIF by New Girl

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Ciara never quit Titian.  When is the last time she went to work ?

She's got a full time job roaming the streets of Salem in her naugahyde pants, sneering and condescending to people and/or giggling about Ben's "OOPS" serial killer days cuz he's changed. 

You've all already written so well about what an obnoxious horror Ciara is.  She's pretty much the only character - even including the odious Kristen - that makes me mutter out loud and grab for the remote to ff.  VK seems to be incapable of playing her as anything but an entitled, unaware, snotty and STUPID human being, no matter who she is talking to.  

I'm hoping that when and if they get married, for "something borrowed", someone gives her one of the neckties Ben used when his hobby was in full swing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
(edited)

Why do  they even  bother to try and depict places  like "Paris" and "Greece " knowing full well that they virtually have no budget anymore ?

Why bother cos we can see that the sets are recycled. 

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Horrible news today. Mimi called Kate looking for Rex’s whereabouts seemingly hinting they may be together. 

I thought when Rex first ran into Sarah at the café he mentioned something about Mimi at home with the daughter? (Not sure if it's hers or not.)

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I thought when Rex first ran into Sarah at the café he mentioned something about Mimi at home with the daughter? (Not sure if it's hers or not.)

I told myself maybe the child was at home with Mimi on visitation or some ish 😩 

• Love 2
On 5/8/2020 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, Kristen can just walk in the door.  Are there no locks?

She's changed, okay?! Well, mutated. She now has telekinesis. (Yes, she and Bonehead Black are now the Dork Phoenix.)

16 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

... the show's ingenue from hell. 

Love.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

LOL at Xander blasting Days generic version of Led Zeppelin on the private jet on a Bluetooth speaker to irk Brady. Passive Aggressive King. And good for him giving him some home truths about precious changed Kristen and how she was going to the same thing to “horrible” Sarah. 

More LOLz Ciara says she’s technically employed because she never formally quit Titan. Like not showing up for work for weeksssss means you’re still in their payroll or biometric system. Quitting by abandonment IS a thing C. Then again she pulled that bullshit on Roman at Brady Pub not showing up for weeks and he had to sit her down and discretely explain she no longer worked there. 

Kristen was really going to run out to train stations and leave Rex tied to the chair thoughlessly. Who cares if he starves or poops his pants because that won’t affect her. 

I like Maggie but had about enough of seeing her cry or hate herself. Let’s move this along please. 

A picnic is not sitting on a bench eating carry out on of boxes on your lap. But we do picnics here bit differently with wagons, blankets or bring chairs tables baskets coolers, candles, ice buckets, or little portable Weber grill. By show’s logic 50 percent of commuters on public buses, trains, EL/subway outside stations or those on break from jobs actually doing picnics. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Paris train station sure looked small. The ones I've been to have been huge and there aren't many quiet little corners. Sarah, you should not be talking to the baby like it's a shrink. If she is in the boarding area, Kristen should not have been able to find her unless she also bought a ticket.

Not just super-cheap small, but... Did they re-use a sign from some earlier sequence? I ask because the sign behind Soliloquizing Sarah read, "Billets de Spectacle." That means show tickets.

Well, maybe Sarah's performance had been advertised as a show? [Billets de Train means train tickets]

I've grown fond of Rex, which surprises me. Line of the day, "Nothing says I love you like ten to life."

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Not just super-cheap small, but... Did they re-use a sign from some earlier sequence? I ask because the sign behind Soliloquizing Sarah read, "Billets de Spectacle." That means show tickets.

Well, maybe Sarah's performance had been advertised as a show? [Billets de Train means train tickets]

I've grown fond of Rex, which surprises me. Line of the day, "Nothing says I love you like ten to life."

I noticed the sign too and thought it odd as it certainly did not say train or travel tickets or even subway tickets. 

• Love 3
(edited)

...and may that, merciful god, be the last we see of Kristen (and Stacy, poor thing) under Ron's pen.

Will Brady ever have to raise any of his own children? What is the show saving him for? What new adventures lie ahead for Bonehead Black? How many more of his great love stories can we possibly stomach? It's clear they like Eric Marstoff, and I do too, in spite of everything, but there's really nothing to do with the character anymore. He never stays with any of his love interests or raises his kids or grows up in any way. Kristen hauling out Tate as an excuse for why he couldn't run off with her did not fly with me. If the show wanted to, they could easily have a new young actor play Tate, and occasionally pop in for visits with his father. It's not like we ever see much of the kids who supposedly live in Salem, right? That's all it would take to suggest that Brady is an active parent. But he isn't even active in his own stories. So why are they keeping him?

I am tremendously disappointed that the show missed an opportunity for drama when Sarah and Kristen came face-to-face. I am a Kristen fan, not so much in this incarnation, but overall. And yet even I would have completely been okay with seeing Sarah stab, kick, punch, drug, chain up or shoot Kristen in order to protect poor innocent Rachel. All that has happened is that Rachel has gone from being an illegitimate kidnapped child on the run to a legitimate child on the run. Her circumstances have not improved at all and by any measure Sarah is a far better human being than Kristen, so I don't see how this resolution played out in her favour, the poor little tyke.

I will give some credit to the fact that this is a sort of ideal ending for Kristen, allowing her to maintain her villain status while getting the happy ending of a child and the promise of a quick reunion with Brady whenever the writers deem that appropriate. But I hate this incarnation of Kristen and I hate watching Sarah crumple to the floor for doing all the right things while Kristen gets to skip away scot-free.

...and speaking of scot-free, Ben is engaged! How wonderful for him and how unfortunate for Ciara. Girl, ain't nobody with half a brain going to show up at your ridiculous wedding reception unless it's with butterfly nets and tasers. I kept waiting for them to show Hope reacting to the news of the engagement, but I guess I'm going to have to wait for another day. I would be perfectly fine with Hope shooting Ben through the head at this point. Just whip out that crappy accent, claim you're Gina again, blast his cardboard ass and then have Kayla "remove the remaining chip parts still lodged inside" at the hospital and voila! You're completely exonerated. Come on Hope. Protect your freaking daughter!

Salem has some of the worst parents I've ever seen.

I know soaps don't tend to have many dull, overweight, so-called normal people... But I would be so so happy for Ciara if she started to date a regular Joe with no six pack in sight. I hate the message the show is sending here. If Ben looked homely, viewers would have no interest in this pairing whatsoever.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Thank you. I saw this too and figured it was a poor oversight on the part of the props department. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Love.

It's from Soapdish. It basically means the ingenue who eats up the show. It's currently Ciara after a long run with Abifail, as this board liked to call her. Melanie and Chelsea also come to mind.

• Love 4