Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Of course you're all right that a DNA test would ultimately prove nothing in this town, I just think it's silly that Jake hasn't even suggested it. Or, like @Frozendiva said, that he hasn't provided his ID or birth certificate or hell just some info about his past. He doesn't seem to want to actually prove he's not Stefan, he just wants to act like a tough guy and use his very bad accent to scream about how he's totally not Stefan.

I'm just over Jake already. I embarrassed watching BB put on this tough guy act complete with embarrassing tough guy accent. I need them to move on to the next phase of this story already and I need BB to just drop the accent lol.

• Love 2

Already disgusted with the Brady and Sarah revenge tour. She is acting like a 12 year old and considering what Brady is ok with Kristen doing he is just a hypocrite. Also dumb as ever as if he tries to take down titan he is kicking himself in the butt. I hope Victor is smart enough to realize Bradys motives might not be good

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Already disgusted with the Brady and Sarah revenge tour. She is acting like a 12 year old and considering what Brady is ok with Kristen doing he is just a hypocrite. Also dumb as ever as if he tries to take down titan he is kicking himself in the butt. I hope Victor is smart enough to realize Bradys motives might not be good

Yeah.  It's pretty stupid.  Realistically speaking, Victor's not going to live more than 10, maybe 15 years.  Then, the company would probably mostly go to Brady.  He's just sabotaging his inheritance.  And, I was a little confused.  He said that Victor killed his baby.   I thought Sarah and Eric's baby was the dead one.  And Victor didn't literally kill a baby, right?  I know he's morally questionable at times, but he's not a murderer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Yeah.  It's pretty stupid.  Realistically speaking, Victor's not going to live more than 10, maybe 15 years.  Then, the company would probably mostly go to Brady.  He's just sabotaging his inheritance.  And, I was a little confused.  He said that Victor killed his baby.   I thought Sarah and Eric's baby was the dead one.  And Victor didn't literally kill a baby, right?  I know he's morally questionable at times, but he's not a murderer.

I think brady was trying to employ a metaphor that failed. His baby is alive and on the run with a psycho 

Victor is totally a murderer he ordered the hit on Britta and told Xander to kill Dr Raynor and Ben. Xander refused to be a killer for him

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Twins have different fingerprints, so clones probably would, too, except in Salem.

Even identical wins aren't exact genetic copies, though, right? I would think that clones probably would have the same fingerprints -- except in Salem, probably. Because an entire municipal population doesn't usually share a single brain, either. 

I couldn't believe all those pusillanimous Bradys sitting there afraid to call Sami. What a bunch! Oy.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Even identical wins aren't exact genetic copies, though, right?

Identical twins have the same DNA (from the same egg) but fingerprints are different.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I couldn't believe all those pusillanimous Bradys sitting there afraid to call Sami. What a bunch! Oy.

I actually found that scene irritatint. This is about the 4th time that Eric has proposed to Nicole and it hasn't been a year since the last time that he has proposed to her. Sami's mother and son know exactly  Sami's feelings towards Nicole. The main initial reason that Sami has been against Nicole has been because Nicole had constantly broken her twin brother's heart. Hence the numerous broken engagements caused by Nicole's behavior. I won't add how Sami doesn't have to forgive or forget that Nicole stole Sydney multiple times and then tried to manipulate her way back into Sydney's life to play Nicole Mommy.

Marlena, Eric and Will don't want to deal with Sami directly by telling her the truth and are just making things worst. Eric should have told his twin sister what is going on since he values his relationship with Nicole so much.

And I find it the greatest bit of hypocrisy that Marlena and Eric think Sami should have to accept Eric and Nicole getting married when neither one of them could do the same when Sami married EJ. Neither attended the wedding and it wasn't until EJ was killed that they finally relented and realized that Sami loved her husband and was devasted by his death.

As for Will, I am still annoyed from last Mother's Day during the time jump flashback, that he was literally reminded by everyone all day to call Sami for Mother's Day and finally got around to it by texting her while he was driving. So the joke about texting Sami the news fell flat to me.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/29/2020 at 12:01 PM, Thatoneshow said:

Sarah looked, and sounded like a child coming in Bradys room.

That was really bad acting by the actress. Sarah is a 30-something doctor but she was behaving like a teenager in that scene. I did like her line about Brady being better in bed than Xander, lol. Speaking of Xander, I like the guy but he's acting like a Neanderthal with his attitude that Sarah's vagina is his alone. 

I was never a big Sami fan but the scene where Eric, Nicole, Will, & Marlena were worrying about her reaction to Ericole's engagement made me miss her hysteria a little bit. I got a kick out of her text to Eric.

Seriously, Justin, you propose to Kayla in the hospital hallway? How romantic. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am really tired of Sarah going from man to man.. She went from Rex to Eric to Xander and now Brady, I know they are just doing it to hurt Xander but still. We all know that Brady and Sarah will fall for each other for real just in time for Kristen to reappear with Mackenzie.  Ron is so predictable with his stupid plots.. She may even find out that she is pregnant with Xander's baby and pass it off as Brady's...

Because I want Sarah & Xander to be a true couple (no games, no fake marriage, but a real loving couple) I would like the "Sarah has Xander's baby" plot to happen. Then, they could navigate a pregnancy together when there's still so much animosity/hurt/betrayal that exists, but in the end, slowly find their way to each other. Oh, and of course there wouldn't be a Who's the Daddy? subplot at all.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Marlena, Eric and Will don't want to deal with Sami directly by telling her the truth and are just making things worst. Eric should have told his twin sister what is going on since he values his relationship with Nicole so much.

No kidding!  I was disappointed that Eric couldn't/wouldn't man up and tell Sami himself. Jeez, man - she's YOUR twin but you have Sami's main nemesis give her the news?!

1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

I was never a big Sami fan but the scene where Eric, Nicole, Will, & Marlena were worrying about her reaction to Ericole's engagement made me miss her hysteria a little bit. I got a kick out of her text to Eric.

Even given what I said above, yeah, I got a chuckle out of Sami's text. True LOL moment.

Agree that Justin's choice was utter crap! I would say No just based on the setting alone. [Unless a hospital hallway has some special meaning for Kayla/Justin as a couple that I'm not aware of...]

• Love 7
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Thank you. It’s like something out of Sweet Valley High. Brady is a 40 year old CEO and Sarah is a 30 something year old doctor. This would be immature and gross even for college kids. “I’m pissed off at my ex Brad, the captain of the football team, so I’m making him think I slept w Tom the quarterback of the rival school.” 

Also it would be dumb of Brady not to want Titan to thrive. First of all he does know there’s hundreds of employees there and shareholders who’s livelihoods would be screwed if he fucks up. Second it would make him look professionally incompetent and would financially screw him and his child. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The characters on SVH were more mature than the current ones we see on Days. Course its been years since I watched that show so things may have changed.

I’m a bit of Sweet Valley historian (I’ve read all the books including the excellent soapy SVU) so I didn’t make that comparison lightly. I think Jessica did it once during the A Night to Remember saga to slight Elizabeth and in college I think Enid/Alexandra did it with Todd. At any rate it’s gross. 

If Sarah is pregnant by Xan and her and Brady lie he’s the father it’s going to make her look like she has some mental illness or fixation on getting pregnant by dudes she’s in love with and lying about paternity to prove a point. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2936958f92f5994b80f1

• LOL 8
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m a bit of Sweet Valley historian (I’ve read all the books including the excellent soapy SVU) so I didn’t make that comparison lightly. I think Jessica did it once during the A Night to Remember saga to slight Elizabeth and in college I think Enid/Alexandra did it with Todd. At any rate it’s gross. 

I adored SVH back in the day.. It went off the rails when the original author died and ghostwriters ruined the series...Why can't we have nice things, is that too much to ask?

6 hours ago, nilyank said:

And I find it the greatest bit of hypocrisy that Marlena and Eric think Sami should have to accept Eric and Nicole getting married when neither one of them could do the same when Sami married EJ. Neither attended the wedding and it wasn't until EJ was killed that they finally relented and realized that Sami loved her husband and was devasted by his death.

I can live with that hypocrisy because Nicole has not done half the crap that Stefano and his horrible family have done to Sami's family.. EJ himself was sent by Stefano to impregnate a Brady female so that the baby's stem cells could be used to cure his cancer. I find that so gross and vile.. He also intended to physically hurt Will and Belle to make Sami stay with him.. I am over Eric and Nicole because  there is too much ugliness between them.. Nicole has never been into Eric as he has been into her. Nicole is so much better with devilish men, I still weep that we did not get a Xander/Nicole pairing, those two would have set my tv on fire.. It would even be better if Xander was Alexander, the son of Justin and Anjelica raised by Adrienne.  Anjelica and Adrienne teaming up to break up Alex and Nicole would have been fun and not to mention Victor who hates Nicole..

7 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Victor is totally a murderer he ordered the hit on Britta and told Xander to kill Dr Raynor and Ben. Xander refused to be a killer for him

Victor tried to kill Shane numerous times over Kim. He also tried to kill Bo over Carly and Carly got hurt instead of Bo.  I always thought it was out of character for Victor to plot Bo's death. Victor also tried to kill Marlena and John when they were on the run trying to find out his identity leading to that awesome scene of Marlena finding out that John was Roman with a new face. He also tried to kill Melissa, Maggie's daughter via Steve who was his hitman at the time. Victor did kill a villainous character, his name escapes me but the show never confirmed it outright because they wanted to keep Victor viable. Victor always paid for his crimes by being denied what he wanted the most out of life: a family..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Sandman said:

Even identical wins aren't exact genetic copies, though, right? I would think that clones probably would have the same fingerprints -- except in Salem, probably. Because an entire municipal population doesn't usually share a single brain, either. 

It's my understanding that fingerprints are based on what things you've done with your hands over the years, though I may be mistaken.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I adored SVH back in the day.. It went off the rails when the original author died and ghostwriters ruined the series...Why can't we have nice things, is that too much to ask?

I can live with that hypocrisy because Nicole has not done half the crap that Stefano and his horrible family have done to Sami's family.. EJ himself was sent by Stefano to impregnate a Brady female so that the baby's stem cells could be used to cure his cancer. I find that so gross and vile.. He also intended to physically hurt Will and Belle to make Sami stay with him.. I am over Eric and Nicole because  there is too much ugliness between them.. Nicole has never been into Eric as he has been into her. Nicole is so much better with devilish men, I still weep that we did not get a Xander/Nicole pairing, those two would have set my tv on fire.. It would even be better if Xander was Alexander, the son of Justin and Anjelica raised by Adrienne.  Anjelica and Adrienne teaming up to break up Alex and Nicole would have been fun and not to mention Victor who hates Nicole..

Victor tried to kill Shane numerous times over Kim. He also tried to kill Bo over Carly and Carly got hurt instead of Bo.  I always thought it was out of character for Victor to plot Bo's death. Victor also tried to kill Marlena and John when they were on the run trying to find out his identity leading to that awesome scene of Marlena finding out that John was Roman with a new face. He also tried to kill Melissa, Maggie's daughter via Steve who was his hitman at the time. Victor did kill a villainous character, his name escapes me but the show never confirmed it outright because they wanted to keep Victor viable. Victor always paid for his crimes by being denied what he wanted the most out of life: a family..

All of this and yes I would've much preferred to see Adrienne/Anjelica team up to break up Alexander and Nicole with Victor's support while Justin/Brady would rail against it. That would've been so much better. Unfortunately this show insists on having Eric be Nicole's OTP much to my dismay however they are strangely one of the more watchable parts of Days at this point once they had them both stop crying and actually stay together dealing with their problems. Nicole even is allowed to retain some of her snark in the process so she's not completely watered down but still I feel she still has to stifle herself for the Daniels and Erics of the world. Even though Brady/Nicole are better as besties at least he had an edge and she could still be her full snarky sneaky self with him compared to Eric IMO.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I can live with that hypocrisy because Nicole has not done half the crap that Stefano and his horrible family have done to Sami's family.. EJ himself was sent by Stefano to impregnate a Brady female so that the baby's stem cells could be used to cure his cancer. I find that so gross and vile..

EJ and Sami gross me out. He may not have raped her in the traditional sense of the word. But, he would only help save Lucas if she would have sex with him.  It's just so icky that they got together after that.  Luke and Laura level icky.

• Love 13
(edited)

No, it's rape. He had a gun on her and forced her to do it. She was a hostage. Maybe he told her to put her hands on him, but it wasn't just her life at stake but Lucas' as well. In fact the whole reason Stefano sent him to be with her is pretty much rape to begin with - "control her, get her pregnant, give me the stem cells." Disgusting.

It's just another one of those unfortunate situations where the actors got along well and had good chemistry in spite of the fact that the writing suggested that Sami would never want him again.

Today was so boring. I don't care one iota about the Justin Kayla situation. The actors look so awkward in the middle of it because there was never any writing done to make them a couple in any real sense. Did we even ever see them post-coital?

Sal actually looked like she was crying today. Someone give her a cookie. I still want her off the show, but at least she put in some effort.

The Will and Sonny conversation was what I really wanted to see today but I missed most of it. I really wish they would have brought Ari into the scenes. It's incredibly reckless of these two parents who have barely been together since one of them returned from the dead to suggest expanding their family without talking to Ari about it and getting a sense of where she's at emotionally.

This show doesn't write for her, Holly, Thomas and his sister (what's her name?), Tate or David in any consistent way....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The Will and Sonny conversation was what I really wanted to see today but I missed most of it. I really wish they would have brought Ari into the scenes. It's incredibly reckless of these two parents who have barely been together since one of them returned from the dead to suggest expanding their family without talking to Ari about it and getting a sense of where she's at emotionally.

You missed the part then where they did mention speaking to Ari about expanding their family. Although it was more in the context of "your mother has been arrested... again."

Thanks show, for making me side with Rafe. Other than being related by blood, what tie or connection does Zoe think she has to David? Rafe was right to say that he will throw everything at the judge and it will impact their decision. "I know my way around a courtroom" isn't really a threat when you literally just dropped by to apologize for accidentally shooting the guy.

• Love 9
On 5/30/2020 at 3:26 PM, bunnyblue said:

That was really bad acting by the actress. Sarah is a 30-something doctor but she was behaving like a teenager in that scene. I did like her line about Brady being better in bed than Xander, lol. Speaking of Xander, I like the guy but he's acting like a Neanderthal with his attitude that Sarah's vagina is his alone. 

Sarah's vagina is first come first serve.

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 5/31/2020 at 2:50 PM, Katy M said:

EJ and Sami gross me out. He may not have raped her in the traditional sense of the word. But, he would only help save Lucas if she would have sex with him.  It's just so icky that they got together after that.  Luke and Laura level icky.

How about Bill and Laura after Bill raped Laura.  That was not blackmail.  He violently raped her.

Edited by bobcat1946
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

No, it's rape. He had a gun on her and forced her to do it. She was a hostage. Maybe he told her to put her hands on him, but it wasn't just her life at stake but Lucas' as well. In fact the whole reason Stefano sent him to be with her is pretty much rape to begin with - "control her, get her pregnant, give me the stem cells." Disgusting.

It's just another one of those unfortunate situations where the actors got along well and had good chemistry in spite of the fact that the writing suggested that Sami would never want him again.

Today was so boring. I don't care one iota about the Justin Kayla situation. The actors look so awkward in the middle of it because there was never any writing done to make them a couple in any real sense. Did we even ever see them post-coital?

Sal actually looked like she was crying today. Someone give her a cookie. I still want her off the show, but at least she put in some effort.

Well Sami is a rapist herself so I guess they thought it would wash? It goes against how Sami was with Alan which I think was the real glaring part to most people and well just because it was acceptable back then doesn't mean it would translate today. I think that's the problem with today's soaps well one of many times have changed but the mindset of the writers hasn't. 

We did see Jayla in bed together afterwards but it was more about them talking about Steve, Adrienne etc. the relationship screams rebound which is fine a shame no real effort was put into making this a viable pairing because it could've been a nice story of two longtime friends finding comfort in each other. However we know how it will end she will go back to Steve and Justin will be alone. Its already DOA I just like the actors/characters even if the story sucks. 

I think Sal works best in stories where her character can be sad or crazy I don't think she can pull off anything else.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Today was so boring.

I ended up fast forwarding through the whole thing lol. I would've watched the Will/Sonny scenes but my sister didn't want to and I didn't care enough to go back to watch them.

4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Sal works best in stories where her character can be sad or crazy I don't think she can pull off anything else.

+1

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I ended up fast forwarding through the whole thing lol. I would've watched the Will/Sonny scenes but my sister didn't want to and I didn't care enough to go back to watch them.

+1

This show dropped the ball on Lani being a sociopath granted there's plenty on this show but I think it would've suited the character given her tendencies. At least it would be much easier to take than this show trying to portray her as a decent person despite the fact she isn't. 

I guess they don't want a kid of Abe's to be bad and yet it would be such a good story for him if he were and it never stopped them from making Brandon morally grey but I think they saw him more as Nicole's brother in that regard more than Abe's son.

• Love 5

No interest in today’s show either.

Zoey, you have no real tie to David except as his aunt. Rafe has been his dad for a while, and yeah, he will throw everything at you - your dad, your brother, kidnapping, etc.

Congrats to Justin and Kayla. A DOA engagement, because eventually, she will go back to Steve. The show cannot have her love someone else now.

Could not care less about the mayor scenes. Was impressed that Kate found the time to create a 273 page report. Does the Mayor not talk about roads and transit and parks and such?

Don’t care about Lani and Eli. Don’t see them lasting more than a year or so unless they are backburnered or move out of Salem. Eli, you do want a biological kid. I felt he was guilting Lani a bit. No, babies do not always make a love stronger. Their relationship is shaky. Lani is very insecure and maybe needs some time to deal with her issues. Babies do not hold together people except as a bandaid to cover many wounds. Coparenting is in their future.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

How about Bill and Laura after Bill raped Laura.  That was not blackmail.  He violently raped her.

Well, that sounds gross, too, but I wasn't aware of that one.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

It was in the 70s so not many current viewers would know this one. However L&L were the most memorable one of them all.

• Love 2

I am very relieved that they are not going with Hope and Steve as a couple. I remember them as friends over 30 years ago and I could not see either character going there. Also KA is way better with SN as an actress.

Lani sucks ... wtf I want an abortion cause I might have a miscarriage?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Laura was also currently married to his brother Mickey at the time and she ended up pregnant with Mike. Their father, Tom knew the truth because he secretly knew that Mickey couldn't father any children. The secret was kept for YEARS. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This show dropped the ball on Lani being a sociopath granted there's plenty on this show but I think it would've suited the character given her tendencies. At least it would be much easier to take than this show trying to portray her as a decent person despite the fact she isn't. 

I guess they don't want a kid of Abe's to be bad and yet it would be such a good story for him if he were and it never stopped them from making Brandon morally grey but I think they saw him more as Nicole's brother in that regard more than Abe's son.

I hated how dark the show got under Josh Griffith but he was right to want to make Lani a dark hat. Lani was supposed to be an antagonist for Shelle but Dena objected and had those scenes edited out.. Lani was supposed to be really bad who would have targeted Belle and Claire for Sean-Douglas' attention and affections..

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Most shocking moment of the day they mentioned sonnys brothers Vic and Joey by name lol.

Yup, I was shocked. It is a shame we never saw them as adults...

• Love 2
(edited)

Other than waiting for that day, in the distant future, when Kayla will be allowed to actually smile and be happy about anything, anything at all, there's virtually nothing on tap that I give a rats ass about.

But PLEASE, Show, PLEASE, can we have at least one scene, no matter how brief, where Kayla is actually happy, has a look on her face that isn't clouded with sadness or worry?  I barely remember what that looks like anymore.

Won't Lani be just the bestest mommy evah?  Won't she?  I mean, going by how she tortured the hell out of Eli the entire episode, when she knew all along she was going to have this baby, she's going to be SUCH a stable influence in her child's life.  That was all such b.s.  As usual with her, her major focus is her own unhappiness and making sure she gets to spread it around.  Eli is doomed.  Between her and his grandmother, he should be a blithering idiot by Christmas.

I appreciate Abe's long history with Show and this is most likely an UO, but MAN, he is one boring, pompous man.  I know he doesn't mean to be pompous or boring but he sure comes off that way.  He and Kate are an odd coupling, even if just stays professional.  Unless he starts wearing those 500 dollar shoes she was talking about on his head, he's about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention - perfectly possible - but why exactly does Zoey want David if she doesn't even have custody of her own kid?  And if she doesn't have custody of her magic invisible child, why would a judge give her a do-over with David?  More to the point, do we care?

Will Steve and Kayle reunite?  Ohthesuspense......  Nothing says "edge of your seat" storytelling" like a storyline whose ending is already pre-ordained.  Two people who apparently don't care AT ALL abou the outcome are their kids, Stephanie and Joey.  Steve and Kayla might as well have had a set of gerbils for all the mention their offspring get.  Even the other one, whatshisname, never gets mentioned.  Maybe after Kayla and Steve reunite they can have Dr. Rolf mix them up a handy dandy potion and Kayla can become a mother just as she gets her AARP card and she and Kristen can share mothering tips and arthritis cures.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Oh I find Abe boring but I do like he seems to act like an actual human being compared to the rest of Salem and has decency also something lacking in Salem so in that regard I find him refreshing. I hate that Lexie was wasted on him for years though. She had so much potential and we never really saw it unless she was being unfaithful to Abe.

• Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, norcalgal said:

I was disappointed that Eric couldn't/wouldn't man up and tell Sami himself. Jeez, man - she's YOUR twin but you have Sami's main nemesis give her the news?!

Exactly!

• Love 2

Today's show was interrupted by a Mayor Kenney news conference to talk about the looting in Philly, so I missed Jake's talking about his past to Ben--I guess I'll have to rewatch On Demand.

I did enjoy what I got to see of the Gabi, Will and Sonny scenes--there is such a realness to their scenes and I love that they are unabashedly in each other's corners--Will and Sonny are genuinely worried but they know that there is no talking to Gabi when she has her mind set on something.

I like Sarah and watching her unleash her anger at Victor was awesome but her stupid hairstyle does her no favors.

Did Ben actually tell his boss that he's not going back to work until Jake spills his guts to him?  I don't know about you, but if I tried that with my boss, I'd be looking for a new job.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Oh I find Abe boring but I do like he seems to act like an actual human being compared to the rest of Salem and has decency also something lacking in Salem so in that regard I find him refreshing. I hate that Lexie was wasted on him for years though. She had so much potential and we never really saw it unless she was being unfaithful to Abe.

His actions against JJ when he shot Theo were not the acts of decency.

• Love 3

I don't remember all the details, but I remember Abe warning Jennifer that their families would never be on speaking terms again if Theo died because of JJ's mistake. I think that's a pretty reasonable thing to say, in the heat of the moment. Did he go after JJ in some other fashion that I'm just forgetting about?

Today was an almost complete 180 from yesterday. I finally got to see some things I've been waiting for and that made me pretty happy. It's incredible how much the quality of the script can fluctuate one day to the next. I guess it also helps when it's characters I care about on screen versus characters I don't.

Thank you for bringing me up to speed on the Ari reference on Monday's episode, RunningMarket. It was really nice to see her with her fathers and mother and I still feel like there's so much story there that they are just not bothering to tell. Hopefully we get some more scenes with that actress because she can actually deliver lines, and I find it hard to believe that they would book her for what pretty much amounts to a half day of work, if that. Fingers crossed she reappears this week to discuss with her parents the idea of having a sibling.

I also really like Gabi, Will and Sonny as a parenting trio. Considering how long these three actors have been together on the show, it's so nice to know that they are still in each other's corners, as you were saying. I guess it's too much to hope for that Will would ever sit Gabi down and remind her that Jake/Stefan was a rapist and a creeper and absolutely not worthy of her and is also the reason she is barren?

I did think it was a cute moment and a nice reference to history that Gabi reminded Sonny how he never gave up on Will trying to get his memory back either.

I LOVED Marlena walking in on Sarah being completely unprofessional and threatening Victor's life. That kind of stuff never happens and I was bracing myself for an episode-long rant. Honestly, Marlena should have probably filed a report against Sarah for her behaviour, but I was just happy that the characters weren't in their own soundproof bubble the way that they can sometimes be. It's very inconsistent in Salem how often people can be within earshot or not.

Will smiling as he brought Victor back into the house via wheelchair was strange. I liked the cute joke about him hitting every bump on the way in, but honestly - Will spent months in jail, almost lost his husband and was completely innocent the whole time. This is all the anger Will has to show for that? Did he already yell at Victor and I've just forgotten about it? I think I vaguely remember some scenes in prison where Victor asked him not to throw Maggie under the bus, but I don't think we ever actually got to see Will rip Victor a new one. I just have a hard time believing Will would be smiling upon his return.

I'm kind of hoping Maggie asks for a divorce. I don't know how she can respect herself and stay with Victor anymore...but then again I don't want to see her crying again for days on end.

Did anybody else enjoy seeing John taking notice of all of the things that are going on in Brady's life lately? I really enjoyed that.

Brady, without you even trying, I'm sure you and Ciara can completely destroy Titan faster than Rolfe can bring someone back to life. Read the proposal and just go about your business. Trust me on this. You both suck effortlessly.

I actually cringed when Ben suggested she might be the CEO someday. Of what? The Entitlement Division?

It's so nice to see Claire back again. It's a shame she's found other work because I really wanted her to stay on the show and be a healed person with better storylines.

See looking at the episode overall I think I really enjoyed it just because you felt a sense of family and connection. Marlena and John with Brady and Claire...Will, Sonny, Gabi and Ari...Victor, Maggie and Xander.... You don't always have to write big shocking things, Ron. Sometimes the small ones can have much more impact.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Usually I have no use for Simpering Dr Evans, but today she was actually useful telling Sarah to stop acting like a Rage Maniac and to take some time to grieve her actual baby and that being revenge focused was not healthy

Xander getting advice from Maggie was nice, and also sweet he went there not for himself but for her.  Glad he is still sure that the Brady/Sarah stuff is faked for his benefit

I also usually have no use for Cierra but if she uses her habitual need to snoop to out Brady to Victor before a ton of Titan employees lose their job cause Brady is mad at his Grandpa I am fully supportive of her. John is suspicious of his motives too. That makes me think Victor can't really be gullible enough to think Brady has his best interests at heart.

Will and Sonny were on. There is just something about how they talk to each other that always makes me feel they are reading lines. I don't get that with their scenes with other people. Just weird and takes me out of their scenes

Gaby using the Salem Brain to do a DNA test - finally something somebody should have done from day 1

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today's show was interrupted by a Mayor Kenney news conference to talk about the looting in Philly, so I missed Jake's talking about his past to Ben--I guess I'll have to rewatch On Demand.

I did enjoy what I got to see of the Gabi, Will and Sonny scenes--there is such a realness to their scenes and I love that they are unabashedly in each other's corners--Will and Sonny are genuinely worried but they know that there is no talking to Gabi when she has her mind set on something.

I like Sarah and watching her unleash her anger at Victor was awesome but her stupid hairstyle does her no favors.

Did Ben actually tell his boss that he's not going back to work until Jake spills his guts to him?  I don't know about you, but if I tried that with my boss, I'd be looking for a new job.

You might be asking your boss if you took a beating that was meant for him.  lol

• Love 2

We aren’t as stupid as Ben.

Both in being blasé gang members are kicking the shit out of him for his sketchy boss or threatening that dicey boss to quit if he doesn’t gab about his exes like a 15 yr old at a sleepover. 

• Love 4

Did Sarah piss off her hair stylist?

Ah.  So Xander's true purpose in visiting Maggie comes clear.  He went to tattle on Sarah and Brady.

What the hell?  Victor sent Will to jail for a year and he and Sonny are all buddy buddy with him?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This episode was 1000 times better than Monday's.

I loved, loved, loved the Will/Sonny/Gabi scenes. They're just so good together.

OK so, hear me out, I think Sarah's style might be worse than Ciara's. Like, girl, you are a fucking doctor! Why are you wearing a wide-legged denim jumpsuit at work?! And that hair. At this point, I think we must be being punked.

Ben really needs to climb down off his high horse. Sweetie, you're a serial killer.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I liked Xander realizing Victor just uses him to do his dirty work. Hope he learns to say no

And technically Victor didn't put Will in jail. He confessed all on his own. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ben really needs to climb down off his high horse. Sweetie, you're a serial killer.

Or, you know, fall off face first. I'm good either way. 

21 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

And technically Victor didn't put Will in jail. He confessed all on his own. 

A confession which Victor knew to be in error. This is such a slender technicality I'm not entirely convinced it qualifies. The fact that Maggie's guilt was later also shown to be an illusion does not make "Uncle Vic" any less guilty of a lie of omission, in my opinion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't remember all the details, but I remember Abe warning Jennifer that their families would never be on speaking terms again if Theo died because of JJ's mistake. I think that's a pretty reasonable thing to say, in the heat of the moment. Did he go after JJ in some other fashion that I'm just forgetting about?

He tried to get JJ fired from the police force and tried to interfere with Hope's investigation into the matter by using his authority to get the result he wanted in Theo's shooting that JJ had ill intent to shoot Theo. Even had Hope fired and replaced her with Rafe as commissioner at one point over it. 

That being said I find it rather tame compared to what other characters would've done. That story was terrible for a lot of reasons a shame that was probably the last time Abe had any material to work to a lesser extent the same could've been said for JJ.

• Love 3