Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ben really needs to climb down off his high horse. Sweetie, you're a serial killer.

Could please say that again and louder  this time to the people in the back and to Ron as well... A smug self-righteous serial killer, I have truly seen in it all on  a soap opera...

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Could please say that again and louder  this time to the people in the back and to Ron as well... A smug self-righteous serial killer, I have truly seen in it all on  a soap opera...

Well there's Jason Morgan as well but he's a contract killer however just as sanctimonious.

RC used to write for GH so I see him trying to incorporate Sonny/Jason into Stake/Ben.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

but her stupid hairstyle does her no favors.

You mean you didn't love that donut she was sporting on top of her head?  Tough crowd.  

Seeing Claire again gave me goosebumps.  I'm crossing my fingers and toes that she gets to keep her fiery personality.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2020 at 8:25 PM, Katy M said:

Yeah.  It's pretty stupid.  Realistically speaking, Victor's not going to live more than 10, maybe 15 years.  Then, the company would probably mostly go to Brady.  He's just sabotaging his inheritance.  And, I was a little confused.  He said that Victor killed his baby.   I thought Sarah and Eric's baby was the dead one.  And Victor didn't literally kill a baby, right?  I know he's morally questionable at times, but he's not a murderer.

The company will go to Brady ? What about Alexander and the Kiriakis twins ,Joseph and Victor II ? Hell,what about Philip .

• Love 1
On 6/1/2020 at 11:40 PM, bobcat1946 said:

Sarah's vagina is first come first serve.

She will end up putting Brady, Nicole and Kate to shame at this rate. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 4:41 AM, Pearson80 said:

Yup, I was shocked. It is a shame we never saw them as adults...

Easy !! Paul Telfer should have been playing Joseph and Victor II. 

They could have done try to court Jon Prescott to play Alexander Kiriakis ,Son of Justin and Anjelica .

On 6/2/2020 at 6:15 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Oh I find Abe boring but I do like he seems to act like an actual human being compared to the rest of Salem and has decency also something lacking in Salem so in that regard I find him refreshing. I hate that Lexie was wasted on him for years though. She had so much potential and we never really saw it unless she was being unfaithful to Abe.

Lexie was far too hot for him . She was a dynamite just waiting to explode. 

She was hot when she was with Brandon and TEK. Plus he was way too old for her . I wouldn't have minded Abe getting back together with Faye Walker . 

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

You expect us to believe that Kayla would be attracted to a chump like Justin ? Oh please. What does Justin have besides money ? 

Can he handle dangerous situations? Nope 

Can he fire a gun? Nope 

Does he live on the edge ? Nope 

Is he a spy? Nope 

Steve is far more exciting for Kayla .

17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Of what? The Entitlement Division?

That is Titan's biggest division, after all. It has the biggest segment of the local market. (It's under-performing, but still.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Clearly being with a spy sucks. How many times have John/Steve/Bo vanished on a case for the ISA? For YEARS? The ISA is insane too. If they aren't helping you cover up your kid's murder, they're sending your kid off to get raped by a drug Lord in the slim hopes that they'll discover legal evidence to help get the drug Lord jailed.

Fun!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Seeing Claire again gave me goosebumps.  I'm crossing my fingers and toes that she gets to keep her fiery personality.  

Same on both counts! I hope they let her still think Ben/Ciara are suspect without implying she's insane. If wishes were horses lol! This will go one of 2 ways, she'll profusely apologize to Ben/Ciara or she'll try to set them on fire again and be thrown back into the mental institution.

Either way though, I'm just glad she's back. One more thing on a short list of things I am still happy to watch lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Sandman said:

A confession which Victor knew to be in error. This is such a slender technicality I'm not entirely convinced it qualifies. The fact that Maggie's guilt was later also shown to be an illusion does not make "Uncle Vic" any less guilty of a lie of omission, in my opinion.

Oh not defending Victor, just saying that Will put himself in jail without knowing the facts, and being not entirely sure of the accident details. Victor just had to keep his mouth shut

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same on both counts! I hope they let her still think Ben/Ciara are suspect without implying she's insane. If wishes were horses lol! This will go one of 2 ways, she'll profusely apologize to Ben/Ciara or she'll try to set them on fire again and be thrown back into the mental institution.

Either way though, I'm just glad she's back. One more thing on a short list of things I am still happy to watch lol.

I feel like Hope will provide the matches. 

• LOL 4

I guess in Bradys thick skull kristen has changed so no need to give her any culpability in embryo snatching but Xander hasn't so he gets all the blame for something he didnt want to be involved in

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow, how much is Victoria Konefal bribing the writers with? This whole episode was a tongue bath of how ah-mazing Ciara is, and how she should totally and completely be the CEO of Titan! (As CEO she gets an ensuite with bed for lunchtime nookie with Ben.)

Also, big ups to Claire for very rightfully pointing out that Ben is the Necktie Killer and currently roams free. And big downs to Marlena for trying to hand wave that extremely important point away.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The whole family wants Claire home?  Has Marlena taken a survey?  Has she asked Ciara?

I guess Jake is going to have to go get Gabi back.

I wish they would just pretend Claire doesn't exist or that the garbage storylines she was subjected too didn't happen . They should have just brought her back as a 16 year old teen ,which is her appropriate age since Shawn and Belle 's year of birth was re - adjusted to 1984 back in 1999. She was never supposed to be SORASED in the first place  . Her returning as a 16 year old would enable the character to  start all over on a somewhat clean slate . Vaguely acknowledge her recent past but mostly treat her as a clean slate. It should have been Chloe's sister ,Joy Wesley, being Ciara's rival. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Clearly being with a spy sucks. How many times have John/Steve/Bo vanished on a case for the ISA? For YEARS? The ISA is insane too. If they aren't helping you cover up your kid's murder, they're sending your kid off to get raped by a drug Lord in the slim hopes that they'll discover legal evidence to help get the drug Lord jailed.

Fun!

Yeah but Kayla will always go gaga over Steve because he is rebellious or emotionally unavailable plus he is always a man on a mission and living how he wants to live . Plus he got a rap sheet given that he used to be Victor's goon . 

Plus Steve frees Kayla  from the pressure of being a good girl. 

Grandpa Shawn ,via favouring Kimberly , conditioned Kayla to be compliant and agreeable.

Kayla is attracted to qualities in Steve  that she  herself wishes she  had.

She  maybe admires Steve's sense of freedom.

Kayla had a somewhat  “sheltered upbringing” and fell for someone adventurous. Somebody who has traits she wishes she had. 

Kayla feels more protected by tough guy Steve  and because of  his ease with displaying and unleashing aggression against the world that threatens him and perhaps his loved ones. 

Plus Kayla is always besieged by threats and this is where Steve comes in .

Guys like Steve ,who tend  to have a disregard for social norms are more willing to quickly escalate frustration and feeling of being in danger into hostility, threats, and aggression 

Kayla desires having someone in her life who is tough enough to face the world and punch back when necessary. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The whole family wants Claire home?  Has Marlena taken a survey?  Has she asked Ciara?

I guess Jake is going to have to go get Gabi back.

My totally unspoiled speculation is that while he's rescuing her from the depths of danger, he'll have a sudden flashback of his love her as Stefan.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

"He's the Necktie Killer. Google it," Ciara, inevitably introducing Ben to Jake's ex-girlfriend with a little wink and a hair flip.

This is also what Ciara says when she hands out wedding invitations.

• LOL 12
15 hours ago, Rafael said:

Lexie was far too hot for him . She was a dynamite just waiting to exploit.

She was hot when she was with Brandon and TEK. Plus he was way too old for her . I wouldn't have minded Abe getting back together with Faye Walker . 

Yes she was and I also preferred Abe/Faye of course the show wasn't going to go there despite them having more chemistry than Abe/Lexie do. I would've liked to seen the different reactions Brandon and Nicole would've had to the relationship. Nicole would be worried for Abe. While Brandon would be worried for their mom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I like that Brady outed Xander today. Sarah needed to know the truth of what he did. I was tired of him blaming everything on Kristen while keeping silent about his role in the whole thing.

Yet Brady put it all on Xander and made out that Kristin was little red riding hood when it all was her idea.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Yet Brady put it all on Xander and made out that Kristin was little red riding hood when it all was her idea.

I didn’t see that. Everyone knows it was Kristen’s idea. Xander, however, was hiding his role. Brady exposed it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I didn’t see that. Everyone knows it was Kristen’s idea. Xander, however, was hiding his role. Brady exposed it.

Brady only know because Xander offered him the information. You know Kristen "I've changed" Dimera would never have told Brady her plan to trap him with Sarah's baby. Xander hated it at the time but she pushed him to comply. Anyhow I believe he has changed enough that today he would say no to her  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Can someone recap the second half for me please!

Not very much happened.  Brady told Sarah that Xander had been planning to take her embryo at the abortion clinic and have it inserted into Kristin.  And the mob guy kidnapped Gabi right in front of Jake and told him he was going to have to get whatever it was he stole from the mob boss if he wants Gabi back.

I think the mob may wind up having second thoughts about kidnapping Gabi.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well, I watched yesterday's ep on demand and today's recorded! The DVR was not as discerning today.

Yikes to the donut thing on Sarah's head. Maybe it is cute on a pre-teen or teen girl, but not a woman in her 30s. I did like her Chucks or Converse runners - that is suitable for a doctor. But, they should probably be white.

Marlena should have had her reprimanded by Kayla - the chief of staff - for her outburst with Victor. Yeah, he deserves it, but it is still not proper work behaviour. Granted, Salem is mostly sort of incestuous, but really.

Ciara, maybe you do have good ideas from the Titan Executive Training school. Maybe you should consider an online MBA to get some actual business acumen. Your only progress will be through the Titan Nepotism Department. Brady at least could have hidden your 'ideas' somewhere else besides File 13. LOLed at Ben telling her she may be CEO one day - yep, a girl who won some modelling contest is now a smart, driven executive type - with probably one or two years of college. No idea if she graduated.

I wonder if Gabi owns anything casual, like leggings and a tunic or jeans and a tee-shirt or hoodie or something, like most folks. Sauntering in to the living room in a tight black cocktail dress in early AM is a bit off.

Jake, maybe you should tell Ben what Gwen's surname is, give a photo of her, something for him to have a lead of sorts. And say what exactly she has that the mob goons want.

Welcome back home, Maggie.

Brady, thanks for shoving Xander under the bus. Kristen was the mastermind behind the idea and he just did some of the dirty work.

Claire seems way too eager to get out of Bayview. If the doctors were ready to let her go, they would have or she would be in a halfway house or something - getting out X hours per day to see how she manages in the real world.

• Love 7

Watching Sarah, I am reminded of "there is a thin line between Love & Hate", I think she is denying her feelings.  And Brady is just Too Smug! Ugh.  And why was Brady so Rude to throw Ciara's report in the trash can?  Why didn't he just slide it into a drawer?  I am glad Nicole is rightly concerned about Brady's plans.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Not very much happened.  Brady told Sarah that Xander had been planning to take her embryo at the abortion clinic and have it inserted into Kristin.  And the mob guy kidnapped Gabi right in front of Jake and told him he was going to have to get whatever it was he stole from the mob boss if he wants Gabi back.

Enough with the kidnappings already!!!! Ugh!!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Rafael said:

You expect us to believe that Kayla would be attracted to a chump like Justin ? Oh please. What does Justin have besides money ? 

Can he handle dangerous situations? Nope 

Can he fire a gun? Nope 

Does he live on the edge ? Nope 

Is he a spy? Nope 

Steve is far more exciting for Kayla .

People change as they age...and living on the edge isn't as attractive in your 60s as it might have been in your 30s.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, MsTree said:

People change as they age...and living on the edge isn't as attractive in your 60s as it might have been in your 30s.

Yeah, they do. But this is a soap. And I have to echo the "Justin and Kayla are Nytol!" opinion myself. And it is sort of unforgivable for Justin to be so dull considering his background.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ciara, maybe you do have good ideas from the Titan Executive Training school. Maybe you should consider an online MBA to get some actual business acumen. Your only progress will be through the Titan Nepotism Department. Brady at least could have hidden your 'ideas' somewhere else besides File 13. LOLed at Ben telling her she may be CEO one day - yep, a girl who won some modelling contest is now a smart, driven executive type - with probably one or two years of college. No idea if she graduated.

I loved how annoyed Ciara was talking to Eric, like how dare Brady not immediately implement all of her like totally superb ideas because she's the bestest executive EVER--she has her own office you know.

I did like seeing Claire again and I liked how she mentioned Mar helping Ben to get out of Bayview.

So Jake worked for "The Family"-I thought I saw him in South Philly 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Claire, Claire, Claire, you've gotten rusty.  Trying to convince Marlena that you're ready to be released because you've worked really hard on your issues was the wrong tactic.  You should have told Grannie how hard you've been working on your abs.  

After all, that's what worked for Ben.  

You have your priorities, Marlena has hers.

I'm ready for one last Marlena kidnapping, as long as THIS time, nobody finds her again.

Show is back to only half an hour long here - at least that's about as long as it is when you ff through all things Ciara and Ben.   I do hope, though, when Ben is choosing his formal wear that he goes with a bow tie.  Less chance of strangling someone, though of course it COULD be a choking hazard.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, boes said:

Claire, Claire, Claire, you've gotten rusty.  Trying to convince Marlena that you're ready to be released because you've worked on your issues, and worked hard was the wrong tactic.  You should have told Grannie how hard you've been working on your abs.  

After all, that's what worked for Ben.  

You have your priorities, Marlena has hers.

I don't think (would hope not) that that tactic would work for a granddaughter.  

• LOL 2
26 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't think (would hope not) that that tactic would work for a granddaughter.  

This is Salem.  You never know......

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

How humiliating would it be to work hard on a project only for a complete idiot to throw it in the trash instantly? 😂 how embarrassing for her. 

Claire was speaking nothing but facts. 🗣Ben actually killed multiple people and was released in Bayview in a couple months when she’s not only attempted to kill 1 people and been there over 2 years. Wow time flies. I think 2 years impatient is sufficient. Actual incarcerated people who’ve tried to shoot or stabbed people get same in real jail. 

Jake’s gonna rescue Gabi and then seeing Gabi in danger his Stefan memories will come flooding back. I still wonder what these dumbass thugs looking for and beating up dolt Ben and stealing Gabi over a giant crack rock or Elephant statue or suitcase of money like No Country for Old Men? Such a MacGuffin. Why haven’t they ripped apart the shop & his flop house apartment? Or held a knife to his nuts instead of bonking the ab model and grabbing the Instagram baddie?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Ben actually killed multiple people and was released in Bayview in a couple months when she’s not only attempted to kill 1 people and been there over 2 years. Wow time flies

Well, there was the one year time jump in there, right?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Well, there was the one year time jump in there, right?

That was what I said. So one plus years was long as fuck,  then when we all forgot TJ involved until she reminded us yesterday it’s realized  she’s been in there a long time. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The O. Henry short story The Ransom of Red Chief just flashed into my head reading this...Man, that would be HILARIOUS if it echoed the short story.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Lots of angst in today's episode, but I did love Patch & Jack's conversation & Patch saying "You are weird & annoying but not a bad Brother" 🙂 The Lani/Eli/Abe/Julie convo was 'yada yada yada" & then Julie screeching over Lani's baby news.  And then Hope fiddling & fixing Rafe's tie was making me crazy.  

• LOL 2

Why do they keep doing this flirty Hope and Rafe shit? Who asked for this? 

I feel like a lot of people rejoiced when they ended the marriage both because it was a farce & waste of screen time 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

• Love 10

I'd be way more invested in Lani if she was actually planning on using Eli for his sperm, having the baby, tossing a nurse down the stairs (a motif!), and running off to be with her lover, Kristen.

I also wish Julie somehow schedules the wedding the same day as Ben and Ciara's, forcing everyone to make a choice because that would be funny. Julie would be a very effective weapon if we could just point her at the right people.

See, writers? It's not hard to make things fun.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Lots of angst in today's episode, but I did love Patch & Jack's conversation & Patch saying "You are weird & annoying but not a bad Brother" 🙂 The Lani/Eli/Abe/Julie convo was 'yada yada yada" & then Julie screeching over Lani's baby news.  And then Hope fiddling & fixing Rafe's tie was making me crazy.  

Jack and Steve. ♥

The rest? 🤢

• Love 6
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, they do. But this is a soap. And I have to echo the "Justin and Kayla are Nytol!" opinion myself. And it is sort of unforgivable for Justin to be so dull considering his background.

As much as I enjoyed Justin/Adrienne I think it stifled the character because when he first showed up he was a total womanizer rather shady too then he got paired with Adrienne and while that was sweet and loving after they left HEA neither character evolved or developed after that.

I feel that way with Steve/Kayla the chemistry is there but neither character really evolved or grew beyond that pairing especially Steve.

This is really the first time we've seen a "long term pairing" for Justin and Kayla respectively that isn't their OTP. Other characters have had other romances.

• Love 2