Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, boes said:

Where's Roman these days?  Pub is open for business but the owner/manager isn't around, even with his pregnant granddaughter in town?  How has he managed to avoid being yelled at by her, and how/why did he miss his sister's almost-wedding to Justin?  

Were there any explanations that you all heard that I missed?

I wondered about that too.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, boes said:

Where's Roman these days?  Pub is open for business but the owner/manager isn't around, even with his pregnant granddaughter in town?  How has he managed to avoid being yelled at by her, and how/why did he miss his sister's almost-wedding to Justin?  

Were there any explanations that you all heard that I missed?

I wondered that too--it would have been a perfect time for Roman to talk to his own granddaughter, son and soon to be daughter in law and he also could have talked about his daughter Sami but instead we got Mar and John--huge wasted opportunity for an interesting family dynamic to be explored.

I'm really starting to hate Ben--he is being outright cruel to Claire with his snide comments and open hostility and we all know that Claire's going to be blamed for the ring going missing because there's no way that the fabulous Ben misplaced it.  He was the one carrying the ring box but don't worry, this will be Claire's fault.

I do like how the show is having Jake feeling drawn to Gabi but refusing to admit it, but he's still doing what she asks by agreeing to stay away from Gwen and isn't usually the bad guys who are shown conspiring together to thwart "a meant to be couple" yet are we still supposed to see Chad as a good guy?  And what is with this emphasis on calling Stefan a bastard son because the last time I checked, Stefano was only married to Tony' s mother and his other kids were all results of affairs.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Also: how is that different from the regular-strength version? No, wait -- you know what? Don't tell me.

Oh I'll tell you! 😁 The demon that had possessed Marlena wanted John to have sex and therefore go back on his priestly vow, which would somehow damn him for all time or whatever, so she walked up to John's loft, visually transformed herself into Kristen wearing sexy pink lingerie under a trench coat, then entered John's loft "for a talk" and presented herself to him to try to get him to have a hookup. He resisted but it was touch and go (literally).

As a side note, it must be such a boost to Eileen's ego to know how much of Kristen's character keeps coming back to her sex appeal as a woman. John was blinded to all of Kristen's machinations for years because he was completely and utterly sexually into her, even though intellectually his heart belonged to Marlena. And then when she came back, Brady was unable to stay away from her even though there were a dozen good reasons to, based on her abilities in the bedroom to completely drive him crazy.

Kristen is hot. And clever, loyal, vulnerable, insecure, passionate, obsessive, witty, furious and confident. At least Eileen was.

Staci's was more weak, deranged, bipolar, obsessive and transparently scheming.

• Love 5

Here's a thought. Chad, Jen, and Jack you can all go to Florida to be with Saint Abigail and stay there. Jack, you may return for the occasional awesome conversation with Steve.

Gwen, you can go back to England. Maybe get some fish and chips, so you can stop nibbling (and spitting, gross) your nails. 

I wonder who will be blamed for the missing ring. Such drama! Such suspense! <eye roll>

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

It must be Missy's annual vacation.  I think she was MIA for a while last year around this time as well.  I think she went to visit Abigail last year as well.

I'm glad Jack is sticking around to run the paper--if only we'd get to see him run the paper.

I still feel like a sucker for Gabi and Stefan and/or Jake. 

I am so glad Claire is back.  Ben is such a sourpuss.

What day was this supposed to be.  Does anyone know?  I know the cancellation of sporting events have thrown everything off.  For instance, today was supposed to be Kayla and Justin's wedding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Goodness, Claire is So Over-the-Top in her reactions to everything, its like she is sending obvious signs that she is "cuckoo"...I wish the actress would tone it down so we could believe that she was cured at Bayview.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Goodness, Claire is So Over-the-Top in her reactions to everything, its like she is sending obvious signs that she is "cuckoo"...I wish the actress would tone it down so we could believe that she was cured at Bayview.

She never went to Bayview for treatment.

Lani tells Eli they need to go to work and he tells her, "This isn't going to take long." Not good advertising for your sexual prowess, there, Eli.

Love the water pistol.

Though I do wonder why the guard didn't come running when Vivian started yelling.

I do love the Gwen snark.

Uh, Eli, you should ask your cops why Kate is there, not her and Vivian.

Does Claire really not read the hatred from Ben?

OK, now, Gwen was a little preoccupied, so we can't blame her for the missing ring.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Well, the psychiatric hospital....I just wish the actress would be more subtle in her acting choices...

I feel like this is a BIG red herring.  We're all supposed to think Claire is still crazy but somehow she's being set up.  Only an idiot would destroy the wedding dress and take the ring when there are absolutely no other suspects around.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Ben is an unmitigated asshole. Such an odd choice for the show's biggest hero lol.

I love, love, love Gabi and Chad together. I don't care! BF only ever looks like he doesn't have a gun to his head in scenes with her. Although, he was kind of there in his scenes with Gwen too, but they were about Gabi so!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

That was some lingerie outfit Lani had on in her dream.   
Eli “this won’t take long “. 😂 okay 

I think Jake enjoyed Gabi and Gwen fighting over him. 
Ben always has a jerk vibe to him even the first time everyone thought he was a nice guy.   

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Are they deliberately having Chad avoid seeing Jake? Are they waiting for some huge moment? 🙄 You would think he would at least be curious to see what he looks. Everybody else have seen him. He just don't seem to give two shits. lol.

The show didn't take long to butcher Stefan and Gabi's story. Feel bad for their fans.

Loved Claire throwing delicious shade at Ben and Ciara. lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I am speculating as a longtime soap fan but I think that Bonnie will turn out to be a brainwashed Adrienne after all is said and done.   Somehow Adrienne and Bonnie were switched and Bonnie was the one who died in that car crash.. Ron is nothing if not predictable so it will probably come to pass..

....but how in the hell can they rationalize Bonnie pretending to be Adrienne...to take Sarah to the hospital, and then not even confessing who she really is after she's been injured? I would think her life being on the line would supersede whatever stupid plotting would have caused her to take Adrienne's place...and it only begs the question of when Bonnie actually made the switch and why. Didn't we see all of Adrienne's last day? She was pampered by her boys with the massage and then had sex with Justin, and it seemed very much to be her. Are they going to retcon all of that and claim it was Bonnie? As much as I would like Adrienne to be alive, I've actually always preferred Bonnie more. But the bottom line here is that it's just going to take some ridiculousness to contrive Bonnie having replaced Adrienne and nobody at the hospital having noticed that they have, for example, completely different blood types and DNA. Also Adrienne's breasts were reconstructed and Bonnie's were her natural organic breasts. That didn't seem to stop the warden from keeping Adrienne in prison last time, but still..

And then factoring in the whole Evan/Christian & Orpheus twist, this is officially the most convoluted and ludicrous car accident ever, in any form of fiction or entertainment or media.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

....but how in the hell can they rationalize Bonnie pretending to be Adrienne...to take Sarah to the hospital, and then not even confessing who she really is after she's been injured? I would think her life being on the line would supersede whatever stupid plotting would have caused her to take Adrienne's place...and it only begs the question of when Bonnie actually made the switch and why. Didn't we see all of Adrienne's last day? She was pampered by her boys with the massage and then had sex with Justin, and it seemed very much to be her. Are they going to retcon all of that and claim it was Bonnie? As much as I would like Adrienne to be alive, I've actually always preferred Bonnie more. But the bottom line here is that it's just going to take some ridiculousness to contrive Bonnie having replaced Adrienne and nobody at the hospital having noticed that they have, for example, completely different blood types and DNA. Also Adrienne's breasts were reconstructed and Bonnie's were her natural organic breasts. That didn't seem to stop the warden from keeping Adrienne in prison last time, but still..

And then factoring in the whole Evan/Christian & Orpheus twist, this is officially the most convoluted and ludicrous car accident ever, in any form of fiction or entertainment or media.

Just want to say the post answers a quote attributed to moi. I didn't write it. Board must be wonky. But I do like the sentiment of Bonnie being Adrienne for...reasons!

Carry on!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

Are they deliberately having Chad avoid seeing Jake? Are they waiting for some huge moment? 🙄 You would think he would at least be curious to see what he looks. Everybody else have seen him. He just don't seem to give two shits. lol.

The show didn't take long to butcher Stefan and Gabi's story. Feel bad for their fans.

This is why you should never wish for a newish character to return on the current version of this show they make you regret it in the end(Ben, Stefan/Jake etc) 

• Love 2

Claire, it is none of your business what kind of ring Ben buys for Ciara. The fact is that he has a limited budget, and he will be shown rings he can afford.  This is not your place as you are not his fiancee. Back off. A good jeweller will talk about cut and clarity and various diamond weights and such. Whether he wants a ground diamond or a lab grown one. And it's really doubtful that unless he went to a pawn shop, you don't get any sort of 'deal' or can haggle the price. Gold is X dollars per ounce - more like $1800. He will get a modest ring for maybe $2000. What a surprise that he ring box was empty.

Enjoyed Kate pointing the gun at Viv and then it fired water. LOL. As if Dr. Rolf will have loyalty to Vivian either.

Gwen certainly has fun snarking on Gabi. She doesn't really know her at all but has choice words. Now, her interest in Jake has increased since if he is a DiMera, he is rich.  Looks like Jenn will go to Florida instead of Chad, right? Chad has enough on his hands, and now manipulative Gwen comes in to his world.

Lani's top was all sorts of inappropriate for a police detective or cop. Yikes. At least cover the skinny camisole with a jacket. Did like her nightmare. Poor Eli can't get a break as a husband - intimacy with his wife won't take much time. Yikes again.

• Love 2
On 7/9/2020 at 8:40 PM, Irlandesa said:

Wasn't Lucas and Bonnie just a dream? 

I wasn't watching at that time so did Lucas and Adrienne have an affair or was it Bonnie the whole time?

I remember Bonnie as being a bit brassier.  Today, she felt like how Adrienne should have been written. 

Kayla did take Steve back too quickly.  Ever since Steve has been back he has been so passive.  It's even in the performance.  Kayla wasn't doing anything wrong. This is the point that Steve should be trying to woo her back for how he has failed her.  Not Kayla going to him and then "shrug, let's go away."  I did enjoy MBE today.

Wally was good as well. 

I have yet to watch the past two episodes so I'm sure I'll have thoughts on that later.

Lucas and Adrienne were a real couple. When their relationship ended, Adrienne eventually got back with Justin, Lucas fell off the wagon.

While off the wagon, Bonnie came back and switched places with Adrienne and slept with Lucas once or twice. On Bonnie's last visit is when she tried to pass off Emily as her and Lucas's baby. 

• Love 2

Technically both posters are right. When John first joined the priesthood at 18-19, it was under the guise of Stefano. John was a priest in New Orleans because that is where Stefano and Celeste were stationed. This is where he met and became friends with Rachel. 

So yeah he was under Stefano's control, but was an actual priest just the same. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm really starting to hate Ben--he is being outright cruel to Claire with his snide comments and open hostility and we all know that Claire's going to be blamed for the ring going missing because there's no way that the fabulous Ben misplaced it.  He was the one carrying the ring box but don't worry, this will be Claire's fault.

Why like this serial killer in the first place ? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I also had to laugh at Chad calling Jake Stefano's bastard son.  Look to yourself, asshole.

This is exactly why Stefan was never supposed to be Stefanos actual son. Wev seen this sort of story already when Lexie ,Renee,Chad and Benjy were revealed to be Stefano's long lost children . We sure as hell do not need another illegitimate offspring. It is total overkill. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

This is exactly why Stefan was never supposed to be Stefanos actual son. Wev seen this sort of story already when Lexie ,Renee,Chad and Benjy were revealed to be Stefano's long lost children . We sure as hell do not need another illegitimate offspring. It is total overkill. 

Stefan should of just been Stefano's nephew. Him coming in as a wealthy established businessman to rival Chad for the company would of been more than enough. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Sidney said:

It's the highlight of any episode!

I really like Gwen, but honestly, and this is very shallow but whatever, her mouth is so distracting. Especially since half the time she's calling so much attention to it by sticking her hands in it lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Rafael said:

If they wanted to make Chad, Stefan etc as Dimeras why not have them be kids of Tony, Andre etc. I find it hard to believe they don't have any kids out there but only EJ and Chad can spawn the next generation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really like Gwen, but honestly, and this is very shallow but whatever, her mouth is so distracting. Especially since half the time she's calling so much attention to it by sticking her hands in it lol.

Agree, except for the liking her part. lol 

I find her almost unwatchable.

• LOL 1

Kayla - a slap in the face is insufficient.  Knee Steve in the balls too.  WHAT. AN. ASS.  Making decisions for her.  I did like her bringing out all these points in the airport

Justin - you are SUCH A GOOD MAN.  Wally was excellent.

Allie - I'm PERSONALLY ready to call Sami -- does anyone have her phone number???  Seriously, she's going to find out.  Your outfit makes you look 16 BTW. 

Marlena - Sami/Allie's relationship is a mess.  Why don't you put your big psychiatrist brain into action and figure out a solution.  

And add me to the list of people who NEVER want to hear about that stupid key to the city thing again.  Kate deserves so much better.

I miss Roman.  Shockingly, I miss Roman.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Your [Allie] outfit makes you look 16 BTW. 

I don't understand why they made her 21/22 if they were going to write the story this way and present her in this manner. It makes zero sense to me. Just make her a 16 year old lol. That's probably closer to how old she should be anyway, isn't it?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't understand why they made her 21/22 if they were going to write the story this way and present her in this manner. It makes zero sense to me. Just make her a 16 year old lol. That's probably closer to how old she should be anyway, isn't it?

If she was 16 and pregnant, then NONE of Sami's family had an excuse for keeping her whereabouts/pregnancy a secret from her. And although Allie would be the one (including the biological father) to decide what happens to her baby, she would have been still a minor where Sami and Lucas have shared custody of her and have control about other aspects of Allie's life.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It should have been Sydney instead of Allie who came to live with her uncle Eric and Nicole. I never understood why Sami never changed her name after she got her back from Nicole.. She was young enough to have done so..

7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If they wanted to make Chad, Stefan etc as Dimeras why not have them be kids of Tony, Andre etc. I find it hard to believe they don't have any kids out there but only EJ and Chad can spawn the next generation.

They should have been the descendants of Stefano's 6 older brothers..  I remember Stefano being the 7th son of the seventh son and I remember there was a weird competition between Renee and Anna on who can produce an heir for the Dimera fortune.. Anna/Tony versus Renee/David.. Anna got pregnant but lost the baby due to Renee's evil machinations.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Here’s Chad talking to his imaginary friend like he does incessantly. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293a1f21029038d12c6e

oh wait he’s talking to his “dad” in portrait form because that’s perfectly sane and normal to do 20x a day and not getting old for us viewers at all. 

Claire’s been perfectly nice to Ciara and Ben. He’s being a little too controlling and bossy for my liking. I remember he even used to do that shit way before he was a psycho killa working for Sonny and dating Failure, he’d talk over them or get pissy or tell them their opinions were wrong in that same way. 

Gwen’s a real “pick me” also nothing about her writing has made a lick of sense. She was super pissed and scared of Jake to the extent of incarcerating herself in a cell with medical guards to protect herself from him. Now she’s all over his jock just randomly but still every 2nd episode saying he’s a dog. 

Gwen’s said multiple times w derision Jakes working at a gar-age and today snarked on his dump of an apartment above it... but was perfectly fine when he he was helping pimp, sell drugs or human traffic? (He worked for the mob and they had a priceless coded book w client names the dumbass stole - which would in rl mean certain death- mobs with client names list like that are usually prostitution or human trafficking). Um whAaat? It’s high key bizarre. Her conscious Briticisms work my nerves “bloody” this and that and “wanker” and “tart”. People who speak other languages or have fam from other nations we code more, at least I do. 

Was there a point to Lani’s nightmare? Like does she have ptsd or Abigailian mental problems now or viewers should be shitting our pants on her behalf over Vivian because Vivian’s smiley “I don’t want to kill you now for shooting out my sons throat, he might be alive hee hee” peed all over that stupid terror scene. 

I’m starting to find Jake annoying because he’s an asshole and voice and behavior grate. I can’t stand Allie either who for some reason finds her mother the Antichrist and dresses like a homeless 13 year old runaway in a Lifetime movie. Why is no one talking sense to her?

Kayla’s wedding dress was ugly and she’s a beautiful woman with and nice figure. The wardrobe really misses most of the time, except with Kate she always looks great and true to character. Sometimes Eve was dressed awesome too but KdP is tall and lean AF and has great posture and confidence so dressing her should be a slam dunk. 

Cray Ciara and Ben stilllll live in a hotel which at min charges $100-200 a day but were bitching about affording wedding bands. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Did we ever get a cousins scene with John and Stefan? I'm not remembering one. For all of the trouble it took to insert the character into the show and make him a Dimera they never acknowledge his Alamain side.

I would be far more interested in seeing a Stefan vs Nicky battle of the Alamain fortune. Or a cousins battle of Stefan vs Brady.

For all of John's retconning and changing of history the one constant is him being an Alamain. I would much rather see John and Jake scenes then a retread of Chad vs Jake/Stefan. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

For all of John's retconning and changing of history the one constant is him being an Alamain.

How is he still an Alamain? I remember that "originally" he was Forrest Alamain, plain and simple. Then he was still Forrest Alamain, but he was really the son of Larry's mother (Stefano's wife) and someone else.  OK, all well and good.  Not really a retcon, just an affair and coverup.  Then he was the son of Stefano's father and Colleen Brady.  And now he's the son of some random Chinese guy or something.  With those last two retcons they seemed to have ditched the entire Alamain thing right out the window.

• Love 1
(edited)

I caught up on Tuesday and Wednesday which I had missed.

I've been watching a lot of the retro episodes of Y&R and B&B that have been airing because they've been willing to go back into the 80s and 90s.  It has been an interesting experience in terms of comparing the daily writing.  I still think overall stories were better but some of the actual dialogue isn't necessarily significantly better than some of the episodes of DOOL I've been watching. 

I bring that up because I think Tuesday's writing was actually really good.  The wedding might have been small but the content felt really satisfying from Jack and Steve's conversation where Jack brought up the past, to Justin struggling and thinking back to what little he knew when he first married Adrienne (I wish he had gotten some flashbacks as well) and Victor's comic relief asides. 

Wednesday was a bit more scoobie doo gang but at least the material was in the hands of people who could make it work.

One thing I forgot to mention about Friday (or was it Thursday) is it was a little too meta with supercouples and "all the days of our lives" talk.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Katy M said:

How is he still an Alamain? I remember that "originally" he was Forrest Alamain, plain and simple. Then he was still Forrest Alamain, but he was really the son of Larry's mother (Stefano's wife) and someone else.  OK, all well and good.  Not really a retcon, just an affair and coverup.  Then he was the son of Stefano's father and Colleen Brady.  And now he's the son of some random Chinese guy or something.  With those last two retcons they seemed to have ditched the entire Alamain thing right out the window.

Despite his many, many, many retcons, he was still the child Forrest Alamain but now he was adopted but whomever is now his birth parents.

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, Katy M said:

All of John's retcons involve his birth parents. Whomever his birth parents are he was still adopted by the Alimains. He is still Vivian's nephew, Nicky's uncle and Stefan's cousin. 

• Love 2

all their contrieved breakups post 2006 were largely a result of Stephen Nichols exiting the show . most of us can see right through these breakups . they are  done to simply explain Stephen Nichol's absence . 

Well that's true for viewers to be sure. But for what is shown onscreen and for what the characters know? Steve has not been a good husband to Kayla. I have always enjoyed Kayla and Steve and I think the actors have maintained good chemistry. Yet I still wish they had really given Kayla and Justin more of a story and more of a chance. Maybe it was time for Kayla to say 'I know Steve is the love of my life but I'm tired of this game.' I mean I am sorry but once again Steve was just going to bounce and not tell her how he feels and naturally she has to chase him down. I agree with Boes, these characters are not high schoolers. They are often written like kids passing notes in the cafeteria.

I still think overall stories were better but some of the actual dialogue isn't necessarily significantly better than some of the episodes of DOOL I've been watching. 

That's interesting. I assumed the dialogue would be better! Anyway I have enjoyed a lot of the scenes recently of characters just talking. With the budget such as it is, I think these type scenes are really the way to go. The attempts at action or location just make me sad. Perhaps soaps need to really go back to their roots in terms of execution. I mean I doubt they had huge budgets way back in the day.

• Love 7
On 7/12/2020 at 1:04 AM, Petunia13 said:

I can’t stand Allie either who for some reason finds her mother the Antichrist and dresses like a homeless 13 year old runaway in a Lifetime movie. Why is no one talking sense to her?

Yes, this whole "don't tell my mother" thing is beyond old.  Grow up, act like an adult and deal with your life.  And who wears a hoodie in the middle of summer?  It's like 90 degrees out and everyone else is dressed in short sleeves and she's running around with a zipped up hoodie.  I guess she just really enjoys the dramatic reveal.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, this whole "don't tell my mother" thing is beyond old.  Grow up, act like an adult and deal with your life.  And who wears a hoodie in the middle of summer?  It's like 90 degrees out and everyone else is dressed in short sleeves and she's running around with a zipped up hoodie.  I guess she just really enjoys the dramatic reveal.

Thank you. Doing the entire most to “hide it” and then blurt it or throw it off like “I’m pregnant” so people shit their pants. And this bullshit Sami and Lucas were horrible parents because they didn’t choose her and she don’t want same like 50% parents have surprise pregnancies even Lani show darling is in one and news flash people in chosen and planned pregnancies fuck up. I was a planned pregnancy to 2 married parents and still had a broken home as an infant. She can miss me on this shit that Sami is gonna be an asshole when she was completely supportive of Will and her main reason for saying this is Sami committed the crime of paying for her 4 years college and apartment while she was shopping away then expected her to (gasp) get a job after. Sami, a teen and unexpected mom and habitual fuck up would have been actually her rock and understood and the fact she’s blind to and besmirched that and Salem is going along with this obvious bullshit is text book bad writing. 

It’s getting old Ron’s depiction of all women as crazy or stupid. And idiocies about law jails and criminal justice (Ron’s a lawyer). 

Fucking crazy too the conversation Vivian had w Kate about Kate’s crimes out weighing hers so she couldn’t do anything also that Kate would care more about retaining that silly ass low pay Mayor office job. In what world?  

The Jake shit is baffling AF too btw and he’s extremely annoying. This bitch has been yelling he’s not Stefan and has real memories but now acting like he did actually have amnesia or missing years of his life and wants to get down to the bottom of it but grudgingly. Please choose an opinion and backstory. 

Chad is a mentally ill asshole and it’s pretty clear he poisoned his horrible wife or should just be written off. I really liked the actor and character once, the other day he said the lines super weird. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

The Jake shit is baffling AF too btw and he’s extremely annoying. This bitch has been yelling he’s not Stefan and has real memories but now acting like he did actually have amnesia or missing years of his life and wants to get down to the bottom of it but grudgingly. Please choose an opinion and backstory. 

Quoted for truth. I thought it was a stretch when Jack ignored everybody in town telling him that Eve was lying and using him, but now we have Jake's poorly defined backstory being something he himself questions? I guess Ron things if you never fill in the blanks, it's easier to throw in the surprises. Maybe Jake is really a sex-changed Jordan! I mean that's just as possible isn't it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Thank you. Doing the entire most to “hide it” and then blurt it or throw it off like “I’m pregnant” so people shit their pants. And this bullshit Sami and Lucas were horrible parents because they didn’t choose her and she don’t want same like 50% parents have surprise pregnancies even Lani show darling is in one and news flash people in chosen and planned pregnancies fuck up. I was a planned pregnancy to 2 married parents and still had a broken home as an infant. She can miss me on this shit that Sami is gonna be an asshole when she was completely supportive of Will and her main reason for saying this is Sami committed the crime of paying for her 4 years college and apartment while she was shopping away then expected her to (gasp) get a job after. Sami, a teen and unexpected mom and habitual fuck up would have been actually her rock and understood and the fact she’s blind to and besmirched that and Salem is going along with this obvious bullshit is text book bad writing. 

It’s getting old Ron’s depiction of all women as crazy or stupid. And idiocies about law jails and criminal justice (Ron’s a lawyer). 

THIS!!  Sami's main objective when Gabi was pregnant was to protect Will and HIS rights.  To somehow imply that she doesn't have Ali's best interests at heart is ridiculous.  Like her or hate her, Sami always at least TRIED to do what she thought was best for her children.  Both Ali and Lucas agreed that Ali was partying too much.  LUCAS was the one who brought up genetics and history and made it VERY clear that he and Sami were on the same page in terms of what Ali needed to do and that they were really only trying to make her take responsibility for herself.  While it was never directly said, Lucas made it obvious they were trying to prevent Ali from becoming a "trust fund brat"  who was in and out of rehab several times before she was 30.  To now have her show up and have everyone treat her like she is just the MOST rational, sane child EVER and her life would be perfect if it wasn't for her crazy mother is beyond bad writing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

I did like the brief scene we had between Allie and Claire, especially Claire's "You're pregnant? Who's the father, tell me everything!"  It felt very genuine, like the two girls where actual relatives.  I'm also inexplicably glad that Ciara is giving Claire the benefit of the doubt and countering Ben's hypocrisy.  And let's just say that Ben is right and Claire is trying to sabotage the wedding--wouldn't that mean that Claire relapsed and that she needs help and not Ben's judgmental nastiness?

Bonnie's daydream of Lucas' ripping his shirt off in the town square so he can start making out with her was fabulously over the top--I'm loving seeing Judi Evans again--and the moment when Jack saw her and started talking about her not having her memories back yet was equally wonderful but of course the show had to go there and have Bonnie groping Jack's butt.  DAMN!

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like the brief scene we had between Allie and Claire, especially Claire's "You're pregnant? Who's the father, tell me everything!"  It felt very genuine, like the two girls where actual relatives. 

Speaking of.  Claire and Allie are (half) 1st cousins through Sami and Belle, (half) 2 cousins through Sami and Shawn and second cousins once removed through Shawn and Lucas.  And if they switch up John's parentage again, who knows, maybe they can be related through Lucas and Belle as well.  Although that would entail John and Kate being related and I'm fairly certain they were together at one point, but who can remember any more?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

How the hell would John have been related to Kate..? That's a weird twist.

Anyway, as for today's episode...that letter from Caroline, you guys. I'm not crying. You're crying. 😭

I can't believe the lead up to this huge wedding was pretty much about 2 minutes with the letter and with Allie putting a necklace around Nicole's neck. I just don't give a shit about Ciara and Ben's stupid relationship, which is sucking the life out of so many other parts of the show. How much time do we have to spend on these two idiots? Do we have to see them blow their noses too? Yeah let's devote an additional twenty minutes an episode to seeing them scratching their asses or trying to find a pen. Just because.

I hate that Claire is skipping Eric's wedding because of them. Fuck them. Go be happy Claire! If you haven't done anything wrong and just shake off Ciara completely. She's not the only person in the world who can be your friend, and at this point I definitely think you should be focusing on some life goals and not her approval.

This is totally a theory on my part, but while watching today's episode, it occurred to me that Ben is acting pretty much exactly the same way he did when he was framing Chad to win Abigail's loyalty back during the 50th anniversary and the necktie killer storyline. I think it would be a great twist if Ben was the one who ruined the dress and Ben was the one who lost the ring on purpose because he can't stand anybody being close to Ciara. He's a very possessive guy when it comes to his girls, psychotically so. Everything on his face today said that he has to prove he's the only one Ciara should trust. If this was a better story...it would be him doing all this.

It is wonderful seeing Judi on the screen again, but I didn't completely love this version of Bonnie. I prefer her much more brash and colourful, and I can't wrap my head around how she managed to write a (very slim looking) book about how she falsely represented herself and left a woman in jail in her stead, and then raped a man. Even OJ had to title his book "IF I had done it", right?

We get it Ron, Sami is going to be dropping by. Can you stop with all the anvils? I like Sami perfectly well, but I hate how her appearances are treated like a visit from the Queen. There's lots of fantastic characters already on your show. Write for them. There's only so much mileage you can get out of Sami attacking someone. Instead of people talking about, oh I don't know, the bride and the groom and their epic two-decade romance, we have to hear about Sami?

I can't help but feel like Nicole would have gotten some much deserved character time if Chloe had swung by to help her on her big day. Heck, I'm kind of surprised they didn't have Sarah there to help her prep, and for them to fully put their past issues behind them. I actually really liked Sarah and Nicole's interactions this past year. I'm very glad Sarah is out of their orbit, but that to me is all the more reason to put an epilogue to their past troubles and say that Sarah is actually really rooting for them to be happy and reiterate how can't get Xander out of her system. That would still be in service of the Xander/Sarah plotline, and therefore a bit of a distraction from the Eric/Nicole plotline, but the two have been intertwined this last year so I'm surprised they didn't include that. (I'm glad Sarah isn't going to be at the wedding though. That would be awkward. I guess my point is that if I had to choose between hearing any more about Allie's baby and Claire and Ciara, or Sarah saying "now that the truth is out and the past is behind us, and we're both with the men we love, I hope we can be friends, congratulations" I think I would have rather had that.)

Eric said that the pub meant so much to them, but my only romantic memory of Nicole at the pub was her cheesetastic dance with Dr Tan.

I really I really like the scenes with Steve and Kayla today, but I thought it would be classier for them to stop short of climbing in bed together. She was just about to walk down the aisle with another man. It should be enough that she and Steve I've had an emotional breakthrough they're going to try to put the relationship back together. I also really appreciated her putting him in his place again about always making the decisions for both of them. That can't be stated enough.

But again, this week is not about Steve and Kayla or Ben and Ciara or Jake and Gabi, or Hurricane Sami... IT'S ABOUT ERIC AND NICOLE.

Cripes.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

How the hell would John have been related to Kate..? That's a weird twist.

Anyway, as for today's episode...that letter from Caroline, you guys. I'm not crying. You're crying. 😭

I can't believe the lead up to this huge wedding was pretty much about 2 minutes with the letter and with Allie putting a necklace around Nicole's neck. I just don't give a shit about Ciara and Ben's stupid relationship, which is sucking the life out of so many other parts of the show. How much time do we have to spend on these two idiots? Do we have to see them blow their noses too? Yeah let's devote an additional twenty minutes an episode to seeing them scratching their asses or trying to find a pen. Just because.

I hate that Claire is skipping Eric's wedding because of them. Fuck them. Go be happy Claire! If you haven't done anything wrong and just shake off Ciara completely. She's not the only person in the world who can be your friend, and at this point I definitely think you should be focusing on some life goals and not her approval.

This is totally a theory on my part, but while watching today's episode, it occurred to me that Ben is acting pretty much exactly the same way he did when he was framing Chad to win Abigail's loyalty back during the 50th anniversary and the necktie killer storyline. I think it would be a great twist if Ben was the one who ruined the dress and Ben was the one who lost the ring on purpose because he can't stand anybody being close to Ciara. He's a very possessive guy when it comes to his girls, psychotically so. Everything on his face today said that he has to prove he's the only one Ciara should trust. If this was a better story...it would be him doing all this.

It is wonderful seeing Judi on the screen again, but I didn't completely love this version of Bonnie. I prefer her much more brash and colourful, and I can't wrap my head around how she managed to write a (very slim looking) book about how she falsely represented herself and left a woman in jail in her stead, and then raped a man. Even OJ had to title his book "IF I had done it", right?

We get it Ron, Sami is going to be dropping by. Can you stop with all the anvils? I like Sami perfectly well, but I hate how her appearances are treated like a visit from the Queen. There's lots of fantastic characters already on your show. Write for them. There's only so much mileage you can get out of Sami attacking someone. Instead of people talking about, oh I don't know, the bride and the groom and their epic two-decade romance, we have to hear about Sami?

I can't help but feel like Nicole would have gotten some much deserved character time if Chloe had swung by to help her on her big day. Heck, I'm kind of surprised they didn't have Sarah there to help her prep, and for them to fully put their past issues behind them. I actually really liked Sarah and Nicole's interactions this past year. I'm very glad Sarah is out of their orbit, but that to me is all the more reason to put an epilogue to their past troubles and say that Sarah is actually really rooting for them to be happy and reiterate how can't get Xander out of her system. That would still be in service of the Xander/Sarah plotline, and therefore a bit of a distraction from the Eric/Nicole plotline, but the two have been intertwined this last year so I'm surprised they didn't include that. (I'm glad Sarah isn't going to be at the wedding though. That would be awkward. I guess my point is that if I had to choose between hearing any more about Allie's baby and Claire and Ciara, or Sarah saying "now that the truth is out and the past is behind us, and we're both with the men we love, I hope we can be friends, congratulations" I think I would have rather had that.)

Eric said that the pub meant so much to them, but my only romantic memory of Nicole at the pub with her cheesetastic dance with Dr Tan.

I really I really like the scenes with Steve and Kayla today, but I thought it would be classier for them to stop short of climbing in bed together. She was just about to walk down the aisle with another man. It should be enough that she and Steve I've had an emotional breakthrough they're going to try to put the relationship back together. I also really appreciated her putting him in his place again about always making the decisions for both of them. That can't be stated enough.

But again, this week is not about Steve and Kayla or Ben and Ciara or Jake and Gabi, or Hurricane Sami... IT'S ABOUT ERIC AND NICOLE.

Cripes.

Love this post.  Yes, if the writers actually had talent (yeah, I know, who am I kidding) I would watch the HELL out of Ben gaslighting Ciara while trying to completely control her life.  That would be a great plot point and actually give CIN an obstacle to overcome - not just Ciara smugly acting like she is the only person capable of truly judging someone's character.

• Love 3

Don't be a dick, Lucas.

Why did Kayla run off with Steve if she wasn't prepared to have sex with him?

We know that Claire isn't really feeling sick, but Allie and Nicole don't, they could wonder why, if she's sick, she would be exposing a pregnant woman to whatever she has.

• Love 1
On 7/10/2020 at 2:55 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Kristen is hot. And clever, loyal, vulnerable, insecure, passionate, obsessive, witty, furious and confident. At least Eileen was.

Staci's was more weak, deranged, bipolar, obsessive and transparently scheming.

I think the transparent, deranged, ineffectively scheming, obsessive version of the character came before the recast with Stacy Haiduk. The version who "seduced" Eric was a screechy, dimensionless, ridiculous, self-pitying lunatic. I mostly remember her yelling at a picture of the Baby Jesus in a church basement about how unfair life was. The character never recovered from that, for me. Eileen Davidson's performance was, I maintain, embarrassing, almost frighteningly bad in those scenes. Granted, the writing was terrible, but I can no longer take seriously the claims that Davidson could redeem any kind of bad writing with her nuanced (or committed, or whatever) performance.

The really sad thing is that I find almost every character is almost on that level of caricature now.

• Love 4