Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

This is totally a theory on my part, but while watching today's episode, it occurred to me that Ben is acting pretty much exactly the same way he did when he was framing Chad to win Abigail's loyalty back during the 50th anniversary and the necktie killer storyline. I think it would be a great twist if Ben was the one who ruined the dress and Ben was the one who lost the ring on purpose because he can't stand anybody being close to Ciara. He's a very possessive guy when it comes to his girls, psychotically so. Everything on his face today said that he has to prove he's the only one Ciara should trust. If this was a better story...it would be him doing all this.

I love this idea so very much. And it would actually make sense and be true to character. It's such a shame the writers won't go there.

They've started doing the covid updates again so I only got the first 10 minutes. I really hope they're not gonna start preempting the show every day again.

• Love 5

Glad you guys like my theory! LOL I hope it doesn't seem like I have it out for Ben. I'm willing to give a character a chance every time I tune into the show, but we keep getting the same note from this guy and I'm tired of it. If he has to be this suspicious and possessive and condescending, he might as well be crazy again.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I think the transparent, deranged, ineffectively scheming, obsessive version of the character came before the recast with Stacy Haiduk. The version who "seduced" Eric was a screechy, dimensionless, ridiculous, self-pitying lunatic. I mostly remember her yelling at a picture of the Baby Jesus in a church basement about how unfair life was. The character never recovered from that, for me. Eileen Davidson's performance was, I maintain, embarrassing, almost frighteningly bad in those scenes. Granted, the writing was terrible, but I can no longer take seriously the claims that Davidson could redeem any kind of bad writing with her nuanced (or committed, or whatever) performance.

Oh, we are on the same page. I've had to block out a lot of the stuff I hated about the Kristen they gave us following her first failed wedding day to Brady. I hated her consorting with Daniel to prove Theresa's guilt, which led to the I'm-still-trying-to-block-it-out almost sex scene between the two of them. Hell, I hated that they had her kidnap him and attack him with a box cutter in the back of a truck as her big return to Salem. Hell, I didn't even like her sixties inspired makeup and hairdo! Don't get me wrong Eileen looked terrific, but it made no sense for Kristen to be wearing a black leather skirt with cutouts and a fancy hairdo and pale lip gloss...while trying to get info out of Daniel. She didn't even NEED to get info out of him! It was just a dumb way to reinsert her into the story and give Daniel some hero crap to do. The show just started to style her as a villainess and view her as a villainess, much in the way they view Sami as Hurricane Sami. Like you said, it just makes all the characters out to be caricatures and there's absolutely no fun in that. Kristen throwing around a trash can and wailing was another low point for me. Like.... really? I feel like she regained some of her mystique, maybe like 15%, in the Italian Castle storyline. Considering what Eileen had been given to do prior to that, it was an almost dignified departure. I know for a fact, 150%, that there's no way Eileen could have possibly made any of the material Stacy had to work with better. Stacy was handed crap, over-the-top, shrieking harpy, please-shut-up-and-get-off-my-television crap, and there's no one who could have made it work.

But I still love me Eileen, and I lost major respect for the show the day they thought they would recast her.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Why did Kayla run off with Steve if she wasn't prepared to have sex with him?

Another question....why were Kayla and Steve going to sleep, while Eric and Nicole were starting their wedding day?

• Love 4

According to Bill and Susan's book(Doug and Julie) the budget in the 70s wasn't great but they had character driven stories back then which got people to tune in.

Soaps could always do that you don't need a ton of $$$  either. I agree the dialogue isn't that different but the characters back then weren't one dimensional and the writing was more nuanced not so much today.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

How the hell would John have been related to Kate..? That's a weird twist.

Anyway, as for today's episode...that letter from Caroline, you guys. I'm not crying. You're crying. 😭

I can't believe the lead up to this huge wedding was pretty much about 2 minutes with the letter and with Allie putting a necklace around Nicole's neck. I just don't give a shit about Ciara and Ben's stupid relationship, which is sucking the life out of so many other parts of the show. How much time do we have to spend on these two idiots? Do we have to see them blow their noses too? Yeah let's devote an additional twenty minutes an episode to seeing them scratching their asses or trying to find a pen. Just because.

I hate that Claire is skipping Eric's wedding because of them. Fuck them. Go be happy Claire! If you haven't done anything wrong and just shake off Ciara completely. She's not the only person in the world who can be your friend, and at this point I definitely think you should be focusing on some life goals and not her approval.

This is totally a theory on my part, but while watching today's episode, it occurred to me that Ben is acting pretty much exactly the same way he did when he was framing Chad to win Abigail's loyalty back during the 50th anniversary and the necktie killer storyline. I think it would be a great twist if Ben was the one who ruined the dress and Ben was the one who lost the ring on purpose because he can't stand anybody being close to Ciara. He's a very possessive guy when it comes to his girls, psychotically so. Everything on his face today said that he has to prove he's the only one Ciara should trust. If this was a better story...it would be him doing all this.

It is wonderful seeing Judi on the screen again, but I didn't completely love this version of Bonnie. I prefer her much more brash and colourful, and I can't wrap my head around how she managed to write a (very slim looking) book about how she falsely represented herself and left a woman in jail in her stead, and then raped a man. Even OJ had to title his book "IF I had done it", right?

We get it Ron, Sami is going to be dropping by. Can you stop with all the anvils? I like Sami perfectly well, but I hate how her appearances are treated like a visit from the Queen. There's lots of fantastic characters already on your show. Write for them. There's only so much mileage you can get out of Sami attacking someone. Instead of people talking about, oh I don't know, the bride and the groom and their epic two-decade romance, we have to hear about Sami?

I can't help but feel like Nicole would have gotten some much deserved character time if Chloe had swung by to help her on her big day. Heck, I'm kind of surprised they didn't have Sarah there to help her prep, and for them to fully put their past issues behind them. I actually really liked Sarah and Nicole's interactions this past year. I'm very glad Sarah is out of their orbit, but that to me is all the more reason to put an epilogue to their past troubles and say that Sarah is actually really rooting for them to be happy and reiterate how can't get Xander out of her system. That would still be in service of the Xander/Sarah plotline, and therefore a bit of a distraction from the Eric/Nicole plotline, but the two have been intertwined this last year so I'm surprised they didn't include that. (I'm glad Sarah isn't going to be at the wedding though. That would be awkward. I guess my point is that if I had to choose between hearing any more about Allie's baby and Claire and Ciara, or Sarah saying "now that the truth is out and the past is behind us, and we're both with the men we love, I hope we can be friends, congratulations" I think I would have rather had that.)

Eric said that the pub meant so much to them, but my only romantic memory of Nicole at the pub was her cheesetastic dance with Dr Tan.

I really I really like the scenes with Steve and Kayla today, but I thought it would be classier for them to stop short of climbing in bed together. She was just about to walk down the aisle with another man. It should be enough that she and Steve I've had an emotional breakthrough they're going to try to put the relationship back together. I also really appreciated her putting him in his place again about always making the decisions for both of them. That can't be stated enough.

But again, this week is not about Steve and Kayla or Ben and Ciara or Jake and Gabi, or Hurricane Sami... IT'S ABOUT ERIC AND NICOLE.

Cripes.

Honestly this whole week just tells me that I was right that Ericole was never an OTP on this show not like Bo/Hope, Jack/Jennifer, Doug/Julie etc are.  Its just that there's nobody else for Nicole( except Brady but they seem pretty big on them just being friends) and well nobody seems to accept Eric with someone other than Nicole which I find unfortunate as I always thought Nicole should really be threatened by another woman and fight for Eric and outside of trying to break up him and Greta back in the day she never did anything.

The show sees it too otherwise they wouldn't be taking a backseat to a couple that hasn't been together for over a year. With other couples there are memorable parts of their relationship. Bo/Hope had Bo kidnapping Hope on her wedding day, Jack did something similar as she was about to marry Emilio and a firetruck was involved, Doug used to serenade Julie that she was the most beautiful girl in the world.

However I don't recall any signature moment between Eric/Nicole as a couple and any memorable thing about them was usually bad her dumping him for Lucas and $5 million, him driving drunk and killing Daniel etc, him thinking Nicole raped him.  Their epic love was always more of revisionist history than anything else however considering that they aren't crying 24/7 and there are far more annoying couples on this show at the moment its easier to take.

• Love 5

Allie was so sweet with Nicole today! I love their friendship. I loved Allie helping Nicole get ready for her wedding, and I loved Nicole reiterating to Allie that she “had her back” when it comes to not telling Sami about the pregnancy. She’s treating Allie like she’s an adult who can make her own decisions.

That being said, I can’t WAIT for Sami to return and go off on everyone for hiding the pregnancy! Should be some good drama. And I prefer Nicole/Sami as enemies. I never bought when they supposedly made up a few years ago. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought they just put their issues aside when EJ died....

Very astute observations, Canary. Looking back, I think Eric rescuing Nicole in Greece was one of their bigger moments, but it was marred by Nicole shiting him for half an hour about murdering Daniel and how he was the scum of the universe and how she didn't want his help at all 🙄

Although, we did get there pained separation during the warehouse explosion (marked by the stupidity of Nicole bringing her daughter in a baby carriage into what was obviously going to be a messy situation).

The rain-soaked reunion at the farmhouse after she realized she still loved him was alright.

I saw a clip from back when Jensen was playing Eric where Nicole was stripping nude in the middle of a photoshoot just to seduce him, with him trying to resist. I don't know if it was a dream sequence though.

Probably one of my favourite moments they had was when Holly called Eric Daddy. Cheesy but boy that one got me in the feels.

Maybe this is just me, but I kind of feel like Ari Z made a point of glowing in her scenes with Daniel, and is just sort of okay with Eric. I know she is in a couple with Dr. Tan in real life, but I wish she would throw some more oomph into the on-screen relationship. Greg too. They're fine together, but not as explosive as they could be.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

They did, but then Nicole got involved with Brady then Eric and then dumped Eric again. Then when Kristen was running around as Nicole, Sami was angry that Nicole had once again dumped Eric because she blamed him for Holly's death.

Sami's hatred of Nicole first started by how Nicole broke Eric's heart. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Very astute observations, Canary. Looking back, I think Eric rescuing Nicole in Greece was one of their bigger moments, but it was marred by Nicole shiting him for half an hour about murdering Daniel and how he was the scum of the universe and how she didn't want his help at all 🙄

They absolutely did. All of that went out the window when Eric and Nicole got back together. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Allie was so sweet with Nicole today! I love their friendship. I loved Allie helping Nicole get ready for her wedding, and I loved Nicole reiterating to Allie that she “had her back” when it comes to not telling Sami about the pregnancy. She’s treating Allie like she’s an adult who can make her own decisions.

That being said, I can’t WAIT for Sami to return and go off on everyone for hiding the pregnancy! Should be some good drama. And I prefer Nicole/Sami as enemies. I never bought when they supposedly made up a few years ago. 

I prefer Sami/Nicole as enemies too but I need their issues to be a lot better than a pregnant college graduate who isn't smart enough to hide somewhere where most of her relatives live.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

I think the transparent, deranged, ineffectively scheming, obsessive version of the character came before the recast with Stacy Haiduk. The version who "seduced" Eric was a screechy, dimensionless, ridiculous, self-pitying lunatic. I mostly remember her yelling at a picture of the Baby Jesus in a church basement about how unfair life was. The character never recovered from that, for me. Eileen Davidson's performance was, I maintain, embarrassing, almost frighteningly bad in those scenes. Granted, the writing was terrible, but I can no longer take seriously the claims that Davidson could redeem any kind of bad writing with her nuanced (or committed, or whatever) performance.

The really sad thing is that I find almost every character is almost on that level of caricature now.

Agreed.  Her Kristen, or Staci's, or anyone's, can't reclaim this character.  ED is still very good on her recurring Y+R role, but her last appearances as Kristen were pretty bad.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I prefer Sami/Nicole as enemies too but I need their issues to be a lot better than a pregnant college graduate who isn't smart enough to hide somewhere where most of her relatives live.

I’m hoping Sami still holds a grudge for Nicole kidnapping Sydney. I want all the dirty laundry discussed.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, boes said:

Agreed.  Her Kristen, or Staci's, or anyone's, can't reclaim this character.  ED is still very good on her recurring Y+R role, but her last appearances as Kristen were pretty bad.

Eileen has always said that Kristen is not a viable character to play in the long run and it is why she has always preferred to play Ashley on the Young & the Restless.. Ashley was an awesome strong heroine back in the day, however, she seemed very Kristen like after Eileen came back to the role after playing Kristen in the 90's..

• Love 4

Kayla's outfit was one of the most modern things she's worn in a long time. Normal, average, casual wear. How convenient that their hotel had a room with twin beds. Steve's harmonica playing was annoying.

It is a bit suspicious that Claire was with Ben when he bought the ring and it just simply vanished. Who touched it? The jeweller, him, possibly Claire. Anyone else. It just doesn't fall out of a box. Unless the jeweller took it out of the box when he 'sold' it to Ben and maybe gave it to Claire or whomever.

I'm sure Jack didn't appreciate Bonnie or who he thought was his sister groping him. She still has the Lucas fantasies.

Allie and Claire were cute - Claire asking who the father is, etc.

Nicole's makeup mirror looked expensive - maybe it's one of the fancy simplehuman ones.

Caroline's letter seemed to come from nowhere.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

can't wrap my head around how she managed to write a (very slim looking) book about how she falsely represented herself and left a woman in jail in her stead, and then raped a man

I know.  I had to roll my eyes when the woman came up and said that the part where she slept with Lucas was the hottest part. That was the part where she raped Lucas.  The woman would probably still find it hot but call a spade a spade.

I really enjoy Lucas and Nicole giving one another grief.  It's fun. 

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Another question....why were Kayla and Steve going to sleep, while Eric and Nicole were starting their wedding day?

Steve did mention they had traveled a lot of hours--16 hours maybe?  So perhaps they were fatigued from traveling. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Eileen has always said that Kristen is not a viable character to play in the long run and it is why she has always preferred to play Ashley on the Young & the Restless.. Ashley was an awesome strong heroine back in the day, however, she seemed very Kristen like after Eileen came back to the role after playing Kristen in the 90's..

She's right about Kristen although I prefer her as Kristen compared to Ashley. I mean I don't mind her Ashley but after watching old episodes of Y&R they've been featuring. Brenda Epperson was a decent recast and in a lot of ways I preferred her in the romantic relationships because she was better at playing a strong heroine and showed more warmth. I think ED's Ashley was better as a standalone character.

2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m hoping Sami still holds a grudge for Nicole kidnapping Sydney. I want all the dirty laundry discussed.

Sydney coming into town and befriending Nicole is a better source of drama for Sami/Nicole than Allie IMO.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She's right about Kristen although I prefer her as Kristen compared to Ashley. I mean I don't mind her Ashley but after watching old episodes of Y&R they've been featuring. Brenda Epperson was a decent recast and in a lot of ways I preferred her in the romantic relationships because she was better at playing a strong heroine and showed more warmth. I think ED's Ashley was better as a standalone character.

Eileen is a wonderful actress, when Kristen was a good girl she was completely different from her Ashley another good girl so that was due to her talent.   I get what you are saying regarding Brenda Epperson who got better complex stories as Ashley due to Bill Bell who was a master at creating smart engaging strong heroines who were not  weak virginal boring self-righteous hypocrites.  ED's Ashley got horrible demeaning stories after he died.. 

19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Sydney coming into town and befriending Nicole is a better source of drama for Sami/Nicole than Allie IMO.

Sydney should have been the one who came to town  bonding with Nicole and not Allie.  I am so sick of Allie and her nonsense.. I did love her with Claire today. Kudos to the writers who wrote their dialogue, they interacted like young ladies who are also cousins.  I too would love to know who impregnated Allie and Claire asking for the tea made me smile. I loved seeing Marlena's descendants on the show interacting with each other. I would love to see Johnny and Sydney on the show as well.. I hope they love Sami flaws and all but I could see Ron writing them as being Sami's favorites because they are EJ's.. If I had my way, Johnny and Sydney would be Lucas' kids and not the zombie rapist..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I know.  I had to roll my eyes when the woman came up and said that the part where she slept with Lucas was the hottest part. That was the part where she raped Lucas.  The woman would probably still find it hot but call a spade a spade.

I really enjoy Lucas and Nicole giving one another grief.  It's fun. 

Steve did mention they had traveled a lot of hours--16 hours maybe?  So perhaps they were fatigued from traveling. 

They travelled sixteen hours to get to a shitty motel room? Why?

6 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Nicole is way out of line IMO. First, she should not be trashing Allie's mother to her; she is just reinforcing whatever teenage rebellion that Allie has against Sami.  Second, she can be supportive of Allie without going against Allie's parents.  Third, Niciole is not Allie's parent and oh by the way does Allie know how Nicole kidnapped Sidney, gaslighted Jennifer, etc. etc.

Nicole needs to STFU.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, bannana said:

They travelled sixteen hours to get to a shitty motel room? Why?

Nicole is way out of line IMO. First, she should not be trashing Allie's mother to her; she is just reinforcing whatever teenage rebellion that Allie has against Sami.  Second, she can be supportive of Allie without going against Allie's parents.  Third, Niciole is not Allie's parent and oh by the way does Allie know how Nicole kidnapped Sidney, gaslighted Jennifer, etc. etc.

Nicole needs to STFU.

Supposedly, the plane broke down on their way to Lake Louise, hence the stop at the motel.

Yes, Allie keeps saying that Nicole and Rafe both listen to her and treat her like an adult.  I think BOTH Lucas and Sami would be happy to treat her like an adult if she started acting like one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Supposedly, the plane broke down on their way to Lake Louise, hence the stop at the motel.

Yes, Allie keeps saying that Nicole and Rafe both listen to her and treat her like an adult.  I think BOTH Lucas and Sami would be happy to treat her like an adult if she started acting like one.

I had hopes when Allie initially appeared.  In those first days, I thought the actor had talent, a relief considering that's not a quality we see in all the players.  But then she rapidly became a one-note whiner, more concerned about how badly her mother treats her and, a distant second, who she was going to give her baby to.  She's weaponized that to the extent that she pretty much shuts anyone up who doesn't dance to her tune.  

I like Nicole, but it's beyond rich that she thinks it's appropriate for her to trash Sami to Allie when her crimes against Allie's famly are pretty heinous.   

Worst of all, Allie is a whiny bore.  Too bad Nicole didn't steal her.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, boes said:

I had hopes when Allie initially appeared.  In those first days, I thought the actor had talent, a relief considering that's not a quality we see in all the players.  But then she rapidly became a one-note whiner, more concerned about how badly her mother treats her and, a distant second, who she was going to give her baby to.  She's weaponized that to the extent that she pretty much shuts anyone up who doesn't dance to her tune.  

I like Nicole, but it's beyond rich that she thinks it's appropriate for her to trash Sami to Allie when her crimes against Allie's famly are pretty heinous.   

Worst of all, Allie is a whiny bore.  Too bad Nicole didn't steal her.

YES!  If Allie had something, anything, interesting to talk about other than her mother I would cut her more of a break.  She's presumably a college graduate who has spent the past several years traveling the world - I get that being pregnant is a huge deal but it seems like that and her mother are the ONLY two things she can talk about.

• Love 7
(edited)
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The show just started to style her as a villainess and view her as a villainess, much in the way they view Sami as Hurricane Sami. Like you said, it just makes all the characters out to be caricatures and there's absolutely no fun in that. Kristen throwing around a trash can and wailing was another low point for me. Like.... really?

Oh, I feel you here; I do.

Why do I get the feeling that Lake Louise (one of the most beautiful, recognizable places on earth), when they get there (if they get there), is going to end up looking a lot like Murder Park?

Edited by Sandman
Location shoot? Ahahahahahaa!
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Why do I get the feeling that Lake Louise (one of the most beautiful, recognizable places on earth), when they get there (if they get there), is going to end up looking a lot like Murder Park?

Yes, and the river they threw Nick into will be the stand in for Lake Louise (I think Deimos also got shoved into that river!).

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

If the set people install a glacier, it'll be fine.

• LOL 6

A shallow comment for today:  Marlena's pantsuit is a very odd choice to wear to a wedding...black pants & tweed jacket,  she should at least have a bright color pant-suit.  And Nicole's dress is so plain.  Little Holly is cute. 

• Love 7

Eric and Nicole's wedding made me cringe--there were more day players there then actual characters (Roman, Marlena, John and Allie)--and I did like seeing the quick flashbacks of their past but it just felt like the show isn't even trying.  I did like Sami's showing up at the end--a wonderful cliffhanger moment :)

I did like seeing Gabi not taking any of Chad or Gwen's crap but I'm kind of with Chad in that I would like to see her in a storyline where she isn't scheming.  I would like to see her and Jake getting back together and it have nothing to do with Dimera or sticking it to Chabby.  I did like seeing Kate show up at jake's to give him the serum but her announcing she was Team Chad was obnoxious--couldn't she have simply said she was there to help Gabi?

• Love 8

Well done wedding vows and flashbacks. Tomorrow should be good with the surprise guest at the end. Mr. and Mrs. Brady will now have to deal with her. Should be good!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Eileen is a wonderful actress, when Kristen was a good girl she was completely different from her Ashley another good girl so that was due to her talent.   I get what you are saying regarding Brenda Epperson who got better complex stories as Ashley due to Bill Bell who was a master at creating smart engaging strong heroines who were not  weak virginal boring self-righteous hypocrites.  ED's Ashley got horrible demeaning stories after he died.. 

Sydney should have been the one who came to town  bonding with Nicole and not Allie.  I am so sick of Allie and her nonsense.. I did love her with Claire today. Kudos to the writers who wrote their dialogue, they interacted like young ladies who are also cousins.  I too would love to know who impregnated Allie and Claire asking for the tea made me smile. I loved seeing Marlena's descendants on the show interacting with each other. I would love to see Johnny and Sydney on the show as well.. I hope they love Sami flaws and all but I could see Ron writing them as being Sami's favorites because they are EJ's.. If I had my way, Johnny and Sydney would be Lucas' kids and not the zombie rapist..

I do think Sydney/Johnny are Sami's favorites and that was before Ron. Allie being resentful over that because she's Lucas's and not EJ's makes a lot of sense a shame that isn't part of the drama although that could change.

As for Allie's baby daddy I think it would be funny if it were Tripp or Theo who knocked her up. Claire will have a new target if that's the case. 

It would make sense for Sydney to be closer to Nicole at one point Sydney thought Nicole was her mom and Nicole loved EJ's kids as her own.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Eric and Nicole's wedding made me cringe--there were more day players there then actual characters (Roman, Marlena, John and Allie)--and I did like seeing the quick flashbacks of their past but it just felt like the show isn't even trying.  I did like Sami's showing up at the end--a wonderful cliffhanger moment 🙂

I did like seeing Gabi not taking any of Chad or Gwen's crap but I'm kind of with Chad in that I would like to see her in a storyline where she isn't scheming.  I would like to see her and Jake getting back together and it have nothing to do with Dimera or sticking it to Chabby.  I did like seeing Kate show up at jake's to give him the serum but her announcing she was Team Chad was obnoxious--couldn't she have simply said she was there to help Gabi?

Well not surprising I mean Eric/Nicole have been apart more than they've been together so there really wasn't someone who was cheering them along the way to be together. 

The last time Gabi wasn't a schemer was when JJ tried to take his own life and she was dating Eli the first time.

• Love 3

Who were all those strange people at Eric and Nicole's wedding?   Did they just happen to be eating at the pub that day and got stuck attending the ceremony?   How sad that this show cannot pay for 2 or 3 additional cast members to be in attendance at the wedding.  But ow that I think of it, not sure who that would be since Eric and Nicole rarely interact with anyone else these days.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The motel looked rustic. There are lots of luxury hotels and condos in that area. I live in Alberta.

But they're not there yet.  The plane broke down.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Who were all those strange people at Eric and Nicole's wedding?   Did they just happen to be eating at the pub that day and got stuck attending the ceremony?   How sad that this show cannot pay for 2 or 3 additional cast members to be in attendance at the wedding.  But ow that I think of it, not sure who that would be since Eric and Nicole rarely interact with anyone else these days.  

40 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Eric and Nicole's wedding made me cringe--there were more day players there then actual characters (Roman, Marlena, John and Allie)--and I did like seeing the quick flashbacks of their past but it just felt like the show isn't even trying.  I did like Sami's showing up at the end--a wonderful cliffhanger moment 🙂

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised that there was at least a small crowd until I saw it was all random day players.  Has Brady officially left town?  Maggie couldn't be bothered to come?  How about Will (uh... a nephew) and Sonny?  Even Hope or Rafe would have made more sense.  That was pretty pathetic.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The motel looked rustic. There are lots of luxury hotels and condos in that area. I live in Alberta.

In addition to them maybe not being in Lake Louise, I think they also said that this was the last hotel room available in the town--whichever town they're in. And it could even be Lake Louise (tho I'm not claiming it is) if they went during some even where everything is booked up since it was a last minute, unplanned trip.

I kind of thought the first half of the episode was boring so I went to make lunch during the second half.  I'm sorry I missed some flashbacks, though. 

I am a little irritated that they pick and choose when they decide to highlight sexual assault on this show.  A day after the giggliness over Bonnie sleeping with Lucas as Adrienne, they decide to get serious about it with Jake not liking what he/Stefan did with Abigail.  Good.  He shouldn't but I'd appreciate more consistency, show.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Frozendiva said:

I am expecting the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise!

No, it's DOOL [and most soaps' Canada]: 1970s wood panelling, disgusting bedspreads, and so on. We're lucky they don't suggest we have outdoor plumbing.

Remember Nicole and Eric in "Canada"? Same decor there.

• LOL 4
2 minutes ago, pearlite said:

No, it's DOOL [and most soaps' Canada]: 1970s wood panelling, disgusting bedspreads, and so on. We're lucky they don't suggest we have outdoor plumbing.

Remember Nicole and Eric in "Canada"? Same decor there.

I know. The Banff/Canmore area is well developed with average hotels, luxury hotels, Airbnb, and expensive condos and cabins.

• Love 1

Salem is near Chicago right? Even with a plane breaking down part-way to Calgary (which is where you'd fly to to go to Lake Louise), it doesn't take 16 hours. I flew from Bangkok to LA and it was 14.5. The writers think we're stupid (likely) or Steve and Kayla took the world's worst connecting flights (also likely).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well not surprising I mean Eric/Nicole have been apart more than they've been together so there really wasn't someone who was cheering them along the way to be together. 

The last time Gabi wasn't a schemer was when JJ tried to take his own life and she was dating Eli the first time.

They have made Gabi so one-note. I see why they don't put her in many scenes with Wilson and Arriana. Try a little balance,  Ron.🙄

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Salem is near Chicago right? Even with a plane breaking down part-way to Calgary (which is where you'd fly to to go to Lake Louise), it doesn't take 16 hours. I flew from Bangkok to LA and it was 14.5. The writers think we're stupid (likely) or Steve and Kayla took the world's worst connecting flights (also likely).

Small propeller plane. Engine trouble so layover in Winnipeg. Bad storms. more layover. LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

How long till Chad and Gwen hit the sheets together?

So, Eli and Lani's wedding was interrupted, Kayla and Justin's wedding was interrupted and never occurred, now Eric and Nicole's wedding has been interrupted.

So, where did Eric get the money for that rock on Nicole's finger?

• Love 4

Maybe the Horton Center ran a fundraiser for her engagement ring?

Oh I know - Jennifer sold donuts!

I realize the show did a better job with Jennifer and Eric as a couple than they have with Kayla and Justin, but I still find it kind of funny that that whole chapter of Eric's life has been largely forgotten and dismissed. He was actually engaged to Jennifer, remember? That makes two Horton women he almost married or was seriously involved with before finally walking down the aisle with Nicole.

Boy did he dodge a bullet!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I am a little irritated that they pick and choose when they decide to highlight sexual assault on this show.  A day after the giggliness over Bonnie sleeping with Lucas as Adrienne, they decide to get serious about it with Jake not liking what he/Stefan did with Abigail.  Good.  He shouldn't but I'd appreciate more consistency, show.

It feels like there's like one writer that understands what rape is and that it's bad but they rarely let that writer out lol.

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

How long till Chad and Gwen hit the sheets together?

Depends on if he's still possessed or not. If he is, probably soon, if not, in a couple months.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

The writers think we're stupid (likely) or Steve and Kayla took the world's worst connecting flights (also likely).

Patch is a cheapskate, and 12 of those 16 hours were on layover?

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe the Horton Center ran a fundraiser for her engagement ring?

Oh I know - Jennifer sold donuts!

I realize the show did a better job with Jennifer and Eric as a couple than they have with Kayla and Justin, but I still find it kind of funny that that whole chapter of Eric's life has been largely forgotten and dismissed. He was actually engaged to Jennifer, remember? That makes two Horton women he almost married or was seriously involved with before finally walking down the aisle with Nicole.

Boy did he dodge a bullet!

Were Eric/Sarah engaged? If they were I must've missed it. 

However yes I do think that Jeneric were better written than Jayla were go figure even though they weren't that great a couple at least their relationship wasn't depressing to watch compared to most of the show. Heck Eric didn't cry as much and smiled a lot more.  That being said I did like their friendship and wish the show kept that.

• Love 1

Well, technically they became a couple in the midst of their grief and addiction spirals LOL and then they picked up being a couple once Eric was out of prison and dumped by Nicole, so yeah I wouldn't say that they had a happy relationship but near the end at least they seemed to be on an even keel...ish?

No, Sarah and Eric never got engaged. I didn't mean to imply that they had, sorry.

Oh Jeneric were a "we don't know what to do with these characters so lets throw them together" relationship above all else. However despite their issues they weren't as depressing to watch as Gabi/Chad/Abby, Brady's revolving bedmates, etc.

• Love 2