Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, bannana said:

I kind of wish now that Claire did spike Ciara's drink.  I really detest this version of Ciara.

Hope insisted it couldn't be food poisoning because it would have happened right after she ate.  Actually, there are many kinds of food poisoning and some of them take up to a week to hit, which is why most people think it is just a bug.

Loved Claire going on about the Queso!

Yeah, I got sick about 5 hours after eating once.  Nobody was poisoning me. I don't think anyway.  But, it was definitely food related.

• Love 2
On 7/18/2020 at 9:08 PM, MerBearStare said:

.....but who is Gwen and where did she come from? From what I've seen of her, it seems like she could be either really annoying or really hilarious. 

My vote is really annoying.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I kind of wish now that Claire did spike Ciara's drink. 

Same. Otherwise, the bugged-eyed, cray-cray acting is all for naught.

I think it would be a good twist if Claire actually is guilty. Which means it will never happen.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I hope Claire realizes she's better off then trying to win over her entitled, hypocritical aunt.  

Ugh, I pray for this. Claire better not just instantly start kissing Ben/Ciara ass again if it comes out she didn't do any of this. She will though.

16 minutes ago, lb60 said:

I think it would be a good twist if Claire actually is guilty. Which means it will never happen.

I wouldn't mind it but it would just make Ben and Ciara more smug, which would be rage inducing. But still, this whole ep I just kept screaming at Claire through the TV to murder Ben and Ciara so if she is behind this, I'm down lol.

Marlena can fucking choke. She's such a shitty therapist and an even shittier grandmother.

ETA: I forgot to mention I loved Claire bringing up, once again, that Ben is a SERIAL KILLER yet he gets the benefit of the doubt from everyone. Marlena's 'not everyone' was so embarrassing. Does Marlena wanna fuck Ben or something? I don't understand lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Marlena can fucking choke. She's such a shitty therapist and an even shittier grandmother.

Marlena's last 2 patients are Ben and Abby. One is a serial killer, and the other keeps having different mental issues/diagnosis every other year.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7

Poor Claire. Who the heck is framing her? I’ll go with her new friend Gwen. And, she is annoying. She was annoying on Y&R, too. I was kind of shocked she was hired. I find her kind of dreadful. I’m not sure why though. Her accent? Her acting? The writing? The directing? Take your pick. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Marlena's last 2 patients are Ben and Abby. One is a serial killer, and the other keeps having different mental issues/diagnosis every other year.

She's just so very, very good.......so good.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

The cheese stands alone, but I liked the MarBen scenes today. For some reason it tugged on my heart when Ben said Marlena was like family and Marlena said she would be sitting in the groom’s side. 

I was actually appalled by that scene, wow Marlena and you wonder why Sami has issues and has arrested  psychological development.. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I was actually appalled by that scene, wow Marlena and you wonder why Sami has issues and has arrested  psychological development.. 

Exactly.  Marlena has all the warmth of a walk-in freezer.  When she was so good with Will's coming out storyline, she must have been on "defrost".  When Ben moved in for that hug I'm surprised he didn't end up with freezer burn. 

Hey Ciara, maybe your nausea is just a case of what goes around, comes around.  You've certainly made me feel pretty queasy these past few years.  

When the truth comes out the way I think it will, I hope Claire tells both RoboMar and Ciara exactly where to shove it.

All that's left is for Ollie to ask Will to help him with his tie.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11

Ciara, your nausea and feeling sick could be anything. You could have eaten something three days ago that caused it. Contaminated meat, someone having norovirus and you touching a door or something, your drink could have been spiked by the bartender. Anything. Yes, Claire is a suspect, but she is too obvious.

Gwen is just a bit too convenient, really. Shows up at Bayview, befriends Claire, works her way in to the Salem circles.

Poor Madame, being locked in that coffin and pretending to be dead. Haven't heard the name Dr. Wu in a long time. The reference to locking up Carly Manning was one for old times.

Jake, you probably don't want to learn more about your family.

Poor Ben, having a nightmare and hallucinating his dead sister. How convenient that his shrink could just drop everything to run to his hotel room and give him some counselling and comfort. Did Marlena write some award winning paper on him and his treatment to justify her treating him like some weird family member? I don't know if she is genuinely sincere or just sees more papers coming.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

For some reason it tugged on my heart when Ben said Marlena was like family and Marlena said she would be sitting in the groom’s side. 

See, I was almost willing to give today's episode a try but if this is what they're serving up, fuck it.

I'm not getting my blood pressure up over this bullshit.

Vivian, take me with you!

• LOL 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

What does Sami have to do with Ben being close to Marlena?

Well her son was strangled to death by him and wants nothing to do with him. I do hope during this visit Sami goes off on Marlena for vouching for Ben. 

I'm defending Sami which shows how bad this Ben redemption story is.

16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Are we supposed to read into the fact that, on his wedding day, Ben pictures his sister in a wedding dress?  Creepy.

Well they are from the Ozarks... 

Although I thought the big secret Jordan was hiding or should've been hiding was that Ben was really her son with Clyde not her brother. This would tie into what she did to her mother who let it happen etc.  

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well her son was strangled to death by him and wants nothing to do with him. I do hope during this visit Sami goes off on Marlena for vouching for Ben. 

I'm defending Sami which shows how bad this Ben redemption story is.

Although I thought the big secret Jordan was hiding or should've been hiding was that Ben was really her son with Clyde not her brother. This would tie into what she did to her mother who let it happen etc.  

I could see Ben being Jordan's son from Clyde. Then he would need Doc as a shrink.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I could see Ben being Jordan's son from Clyde. Then he would need Doc as a shrink.

I always thought that should've been Jordan's secret back when she arrived in town running away from her past etc. Instead Ben/Jordan were a retread of Steve/Adrienne, Austin/Billie, Brandon/Nicole where they were siblings who all had an abusive father and the daughter was molested by her father. 

At least with Jordan she was Clyde's stepdaughter so they made it slightly different. This would've been a shocking secret for once on this show. Kate could've actually been horrified instead of being completely callous over Jordan given what happened with Billie when she wasn't around. This could've helped cause Ben to go off the deep end finding out without having him be an SK (which in retrospect was a bad move as it doesn't seem to matter he did any of those things now) and easy to come back from. Instead of Jordan going off the deep end they could've had her damaged this way but still manage to be decent and sane(which apparently the show finds boring to write).

Yes Marlena being involved with this would be far less gross in comparison especially since at one point she was also Clyde's shrink.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I always thought that should've been Jordan's secret back when she arrived in town running away from her past etc. Instead Ben/Jordan were a retread of Steve/Adrienne, Austin/Billie, Brandon/Nicole where they were siblings who all had an abusive father and the daughter was molested by her father. 

At least with Jordan she was Clyde's stepdaughter so they made it slightly different. This would've been a shocking secret for once on this show. Kate could've actually been horrified instead of being completely callous over Jordan given what happened with Billie when she wasn't around. This could've helped cause Ben to go off the deep end finding out without having him be an SK (which in retrospect was a bad move as it doesn't seem to matter he did any of those things now) and easy to come back from. Instead of Jordan going off the deep end they could've had her damaged this way but still manage to be decent and sane(which apparently the show finds boring to write).

Yes Marlena being involved with this would be far less gross in comparison especially since at one point she was also Clyde's shrink.

They could redeem Ben in a way in terms of someone finding a Ben Weston mask (like Kristen used for Nicole) somewhere and start a mystery story of who is the real Ben Weston and that the real serial killer is still on the loose and living well in Salem or its environs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Ciara is being walked down the aisle by Rafe, whose sister was murdered by the groom.

The best man is Will, who was murdered by the groom.

The "mother" of the groom is Marlena, whom the groom attempted to murder.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

They could redeem Ben in a way in terms of someone finding a Ben Weston mask (like Kristen used for Nicole) somewhere and start a mystery story of who is the real Ben Weston and that the real serial killer is still on the loose and living well in Salem or its environs.

No ! Ben will simply go back to being the generic hunk . Ben was so lame ,he was pretty much a poor man's Austin and a poor man's Brandon Walker. And Carlivati knows this. On top of that , RSW can only play psycho . He is a generic actor who would never draw water from a rock , in other words make bad writing work. He doesnt have the chops for that. Plus Ben was a pretty poor and generic character before he became a serial killer. 

Nobody really cared about Ben during his generic relationship with Abby because most audience members were fixated with his dimples and abs. Thats it . Nobody gave a damn about him until he received his most significant development as a character - by being a serial killer. 

Ultimately Ben is only onscreen because Deidre Hall and Carlivati like him . Nothing more nothing less. And his abs certainly played a role. 

How are they supposed to redeem him when we actively saw him murder people and bragging to abby that he killed all those people in order  to frame Chad ? He even tried to exploit Eduardo Hernandezs grief over Paige's death when Eduardo offered a reward to anybody who came forward with any info on Paige's killer . Ben planned to out Chad as the killer in order to score that reward . Besides , would the show be f00lish enough to repeat the same body double mask storyline 3 times ? They did it during Andre 's serial killer storyline when he wore a mask to look like Roman he killed all those people. And lets not forget about "Aiden "when he supposedly tried to kill Hope only for it to turn out to be a body double. Or the recent Nicole /Kristen mask nonsense. Or when Andre's hot blonde mercenary ,Madison,wore a mask to look like Jennifer in order to trap Jack after he escaped from the DiMera castle . 

Lets not talk about Sami /Stan. 

Lets face it Dena Higley's necktie killer storyline was pretty final and she wrote it that Ben was the serial killer. Even Carlivati ,despite being a hack, knew that there wasnt really any way out with redeeming Ben because such body double  tricks have been used too many times. So the only option left was to insult the audience's intelligence by releasing Ben and having him be the new hero of Salem. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Ciara is being walked down the aisle by Rafe, whose sister was murdered by the groom.

Which is why my hostility towards the serial killer will never wane . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes ,that would have worked. Finding out that the person you thought was your sister was actually your mum is enough to drive anyone crazy .

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Are we supposed to read into the fact that, on his wedding day, Ben pictures his sister in a wedding dress?  Creepy.

I thought that was a really interesting choice as well. So weird. This show man, they have no idea what they're doing lol.

8 hours ago, bannana said:

It's hilarious. It just is! I've decided to take the approach of watching this as a comedy so that my rage doesn't make me black out.

• Love 11

Ciara admits that she hardly ate anything the day before and used to get so hung over when she and Claire used to go out drinking, and no one suggests that maybe she’s hung over, and should try a Gatorade and some aspirin? Okay. 

• Love 13
On 7/17/2020 at 10:55 AM, Pearson80 said:

Lumi all the way.. I was never a big fan of JER but he always knew that Lumi despite their dysfunction were made for each other.. I hate EJ and he should have died in 2007 as JER and others intended...We would have been rid of him years ago.. Sami was never the same after him and Rafe. 

Count me in on Team Lumi!  I never saw any heat between EJ & Sami, and don't like that the show is now presenting Sami's rapist as her OTP.

20 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Thank you!!!!!! I've been incredibly disappointed by the way they have written the Vivian character the last few years. 

Vivian's grounding has mostly come from her relationships with her nephews, Lawrence, Forrest (John), and Nicky. She even used to have a close relationship with Lucas. Back when she originally "killed" Kate. 

John's past has been retconned so many times. As of this writing, is he still an Alamain?

18 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: I forgot to mention I loved Claire bringing up, once again, that Ben is a SERIAL KILLER yet he gets the benefit of the doubt from everyone. Marlena's 'not everyone' was so embarrassing. Does Marlena wanna fuck Ben or something? I don't understand lol.

I thought the consensus is that Belle is Marlena's favorite child, so I don't understand why Marlena would treat Belle's only child so shabbily...

On 7/17/2020 at 11:10 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I forgot to mention the death of Vivian. Obviously, this is not how I wanted her to go out, but considering she needed a get out of jail free card and Yvon is there to fake this and smuggle her out... I didn't really react. But now I'm thinking about it and Louise is very old and the show's future is in question. This could be it for her. I really hope it isn't though.

Vivian is a mere shell of who she was when she first came on the show in the early 1990s. (sigh) Those were the "days" (hahhaha) with her, Carly, Ivan, Nicky & Lawrence. For me, @1990 - 1994 was one of the best stretches of stories (admittedly, because I floved Carly/Lawrence) on DOOL.

• Love 12
(edited)

I just need to ask this because I'm getting up in years and my hearing might be going but did Will make a joking comment about how Ben killed him before but it didn't take?  That's some sick and twisted crap right there.

There are some people in Claire's life who are at least attempting to give her the benefit of the doubt and who need proof that she's the one behind the sabotage but not Ben, the reformed serial killer.  It's not, "What made Ciara sick?", it's "What drug did Claire give her?"  I can not wait for Ben and Ciara's wedding to be ruined and for them to be in misery and pain because no two people deserve it more.  Bring on the mayhem!

I do wonder why Sarah, an adult woman in her mid-thirties who is allegedly a top notch doctor, insists on speaking in a cutesy little girl voice when she's giving a diagnosis.  Very strange choice by the actress.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 21

I’m so confused watching today’s episode. I know yesterday Ciara was sick, but all of a sudden she’s in the hospital? And Will is at Ben’s hotel blocking him from leaving and joking about being murdered? I just feel like I miss some scenes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I just need to ask this because I'm getting up in years and my hearing might be going but did Will make a joking comment about how Ben killed him before but it didn't take?  That's some sick and twisted crap right there.

Ron thought it was just so hilarious that he decided to share that part of the script:

Will is my favorite character on this stupid show and he's relegated to this garbage. And now....

tumblr_n11q8cVnBp1sl9lqro3_250.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Rafael said:

Yes ,that would have worked. Finding out that the person you thought was your sister was actually your mum is enough to drive anyone crazy .

I believe that's what happened to Johnny Zacchara on GH(played by Brandon Barash)

10 hours ago, Rafael said:

No ! Ben will simply go back to being the generic hunk . Ben was so lame ,he was pretty much a poor man's Austin and a poor man's Brandon Walker. And Carlivati knows this. On top of that , RSW can only play psycho . He is a generic actor who would never draw water from a rock , in other words make bad writing work. He doesnt have the chops for that. Plus Ben was a pretty poor and generic character before he became a serial killer. 

Nobody really cared about Ben during his generic relationship with Abby because most audience members were fixated with his dimples and abs. Thats it . Nobody gave a damn about him until he received his most significant development as a character - by being a serial killer. 

Ultimately Ben is only onscreen because Deidre Hall and Carlivati like him . Nothing more nothing less. And his abs certainly played a role. 

How are they supposed to redeem him when we actively saw him murder people and bragging to abby that he killed all those people in order  to frame Chad ? He even tried to exploit Eduardo Hernandezs grief over Paige's death when Eduardo offered a reward to anybody who came forward with any info on Paige's killer . Ben planned to out Chad as the killer in order to score that reward . Besides , would the show be f00lish enough to repeat the same body double mask storyline 3 times ? They did it during Andre 's serial killer storyline when he wore a mask to look like Roman he killed all those people. And lets not forget about "Aiden "when he supposedly tried to kill Hope only for it to turn out to be a body double. Or the recent Nicole /Kristen mask nonsense. Or when Andre's hot blonde mercenary ,Madison,wore a mask to look like Jennifer in order to trap Jack after he escaped from the DiMera castle . 

Lets not talk about Sami /Stan. 

Lets face it Dena Higley's necktie killer storyline was pretty final and she wrote it that Ben was the serial killer. Even Carlivati ,despite being a hack, knew that there wasnt really any way out with redeeming Ben because such body double  tricks have been used too many times. So the only option left was to insult the audience's intelligence by releasing Ben and having him be the new hero of Salem. 

Didn't Josh Griffith write Ben as the NTK?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought that was a really interesting choice as well. So weird. This show man, they have no idea what they're doing lol.

It's hilarious. It just is! I've decided to take the approach of watching this as a comedy so that my rage doesn't make me black out.

I've decided to stick to reading all your comments and only check back in once the stupid stops.

Might be a while.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Ron thought it was just so hilarious that he decided to share that part of the script:

Will is my favorite character on this stupid show and he's relegated to this garbage. And now....

tumblr_n11q8cVnBp1sl9lqro3_250.gif

Ron is a bad writer with a sick sense of humor.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

John's past has been retconned so many times. As of this writing, is he still an Alamain?

He was still eventually adopted by them, yes, but his real father's last name was Robicheau (Robicheaux?). He was a soldier presumed dead in Asia (Korea?) so his widow, too poor to raise the baby solo, gave him up to a sweet couple who later died in a car wreck. John then went to the Alamains and then Winterthorne Academy for brainwashing kids into super soldiers ... or the reverse. Either way, he was with the Alamains but ended up becoming Stefano's pawn.

The whole Coleen/Santos thing was undone with a letter that said, "Dear John, whoopsie, nope, Coleen ain't yo mama. Keep looking!" He received it right before Theresa Donovan first appeared, freeing her up to bed Brady, who would have otherwise been a blood relative.

At least, that's how I remember it. I didn't mind the final backstory. I just wish they had done more with the actors playing his parents, as OTT as the whole Yo Ling thing ended up being. For those who don't remember, Daddy Robicheaux ended up being alive but pretty warped in the head. He had become a prisoner of war or something but then started to side with the Asian army, if memory serves correctly. Basically, he renamed himself Yo Ling and started to run his own military group with plans of getting back at the US or something. He ended up kidnapping Paul and John because they were his biological offspring and he felt he could brainwash them into supporting his cause, and also use their youth to extend his life. I don't remember which of his organs was failing but there was going to be some kind of dangerous operation or something. He also ended up kidnapping Gabi and Rafe's mother, Mama Hernandez, I guess as a way to keep Eduardo at bay, because he was hanging out with John a lot during the storyline because they had both been students at Winterthorne Academy way back when. The Hernandez connection to Yo Ling never made any sense to me. It was a very weird way to introduce Gabriella's mother to the show. Was that her first appearance?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I believe that's what happened to Johnny Zacchara on GH(played by Brandon Barash)

Yes he did, he also wrote Aiden and Joey as being killers, Chase as a rapist and Ciara as his victim.. He was also writing Lani as a bad girl.. 

• Love 3

Everything about this wedding has been annoying me. Don't even get me started on this serial killer getting a big wedding but then that joke between Will and Ben? I almost threw something at the TV. But on the other hand and I'll be honest. I was literally blubbering when Hope gave Ciara the earrings from Bo. Shit that got me.

• Love 5

THANK YOU Claire for pointing out (again) that Ben is a serial killer and no one seems to care. The anvils are too obvious that it's Claire behind the hijinx, but was that a smirk on her face when she overheard Belle and Shawn talking?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

it was DEna and Griffith . they were co-headwriters .

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

He was still eventually adopted by them, yes, but his real father's last name was Robicheau (Robicheaux?). He was a soldier presumed dead in Asia (Korea?) so his widow, too poor to raise the baby solo, gave him up to a sweet couple who later died in a car wreck. John then went to the Alamains and then Winterthorne Academy for brainwashing kids into super soldiers ... or the reverse. Either way, he was with the Alamains but ended up becoming Stefano's pawn.

The whole Coleen/Santos thing was undone with a letter that said, "Dear John, whoopsie, nope, Coleen ain't yo mama. Keep looking!" He received it right before Theresa Donovan first appeared, freeing her up to bed Brady, who would have otherwise been a blood relative.

At least, that's how I remember it. I didn't mind the final backstory. I just wish they had done more with the actors playing his parents, as OTT as the whole Yo Ling thing ended up being. For those who don't remember, Daddy Robicheaux ended up being alive but pretty warped in the head. He had become a prisoner of war or something but then started to side with the Asian army, if memory serves correctly. Basically, he renamed himself Yo Ling and started to run his own military group with plans of getting back at the US or something. He ended up kidnapping Paul and John because they were his biological offspring and he felt he could brainwash them into supporting his cause, and also use their youth to extend his life. I don't remember which of his organs was failing but there was going to be some kind of dangerous operation or something. He also ended up kidnapping Gabi and Rafe's mother, Mama Hernandez, I guess as a way to keep Eduardo at bay, because he was hanging out with John a lot during the storyline because they had both been students at Winterthorne Academy way back when. The Hernandez connection to Yo Ling never made any sense to me. It was a very weird way to introduce Gabriella's mother to the show. Was that her first appearance?

Eduardo was also a "student" at Winterthorne as well . i think mama hernandez started appearinga week before being kidnapped. anyway , TIIC should have just left John being Daphne DiMera's son and Tony's half brother . yo ling being his daddy would have been okay if they didnt change John's maternity .

Yeah, I figured the woman who went to visit Xander was a masseuse.

Cin got a church set? I wonder what the people at the church think of Julie performing wedding ceremonies there.

I'd sure like to know the layout of John and Marlena's apartment, if Claire can sneak out without going through the living room, where Shawn and Belle were talking.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, I figured the woman who went to visit Xander was a masseuse.

Cin got a church set? I wonder what the people at the church think of Julie performing wedding ceremonies there.

I'd sure like to know the layout of John and Marlena's apartment, if Claire can sneak out without going through the living room, where Shawn and Belle were talking.

Yeah, I don't think churches allow that.  But this is Salem, so you could probably have your dog perform a church wedding at it would be OK.  LOL at Doug telling Julie that normally she could be heard across the square!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

"Dr. Evans, I know it's my wedding day, but I keep having this dream about my dead sister in a wedding dress.  Is that weird?"

17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

From the Boston Mountains I would guess.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Am I to understand there were light-hearted jokes about the fact that BEN ONE TIME KILLED WILL!?!?!?!  While Will was fixing his tie because HA HA ONE TIME BEN STRANGLED WILL TO DEATH WITH ONE?!?!?!

Come ON!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m so confused watching today’s episode. I know yesterday Ciara was sick, but all of a sudden she’s in the hospital? And Will is at Ben’s hotel blocking him from leaving and joking about being murdered? I just feel like I miss some scenes. 

I kept wondering this, too. They either just decided to skip ahead and not really explain it or they cut some scenes.

4 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Wow. I mean, I thought the joke itself was bad enough but for Rob to highlight it is just another level. This man has no fucking idea lol.

I love Claire. ORK was really good in the scene with Belle but she was also really good at the end when she was playing it cagey on whether or not Claire did something. Claire's making so many good points and yet everyone around her is just like 'nah she's probably still crazy so let's all go celebrate Ben the serial killer's wedding!' Even her own parents would rather just believe she's nuts then actually spend some time listening to her and not a fucking serial killer and the idiot that wants to marry him. GAH!

• Love 14

At this point in history, how does anyone still choose Julie to perform their ceremony? Even her presence is ripe for things to go sideways (see: Elani nuptuals.) I mean frankly, I don't understand why anyone has Julie around, period. But especially not to perform a ceremony.

• Love 13

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing rage-induced flames at the side of my vision by this hideous vomitous mass of a "wedding." You know, I actually thought the episode with the Stefan/Jake reveal and Gabi's breakdown was quite good. So of course Show had to turn around and barf out several of the absolute worst episodes in its existence afterward.

There are no words to describe how much I despite Ciara and her court of hangers-on at this point. Ciara, I'd say you're getting the exact wedding day you deserve. Claire, ditch this craphole of town. You can do a lot better.

Also, Show, for the record Ben actually killed Will, he didn't just "try to." Will was in a fucking coffin and brought back to life. Therefore he actually fucking died. And on a related note, his having murdered Will is A) not funny B) not some little oopsie, and C) not funny.

At this point I'm ready for 99% of Salem's population to fall down a giant hole and never return.

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Also, Show, for the record Ben actually killed Will, he didn't just "try to." Will was in a fucking coffin and brought back to life. Therefore he actually fucking died. And on a related note, his having murdered Will is A) not funny B) not some little oopsie, and C) not funny.

OMG thank you! What is this "tried" nonsense? We saw Will DEAD. We saw his dead body in a morgue with his distraught parents with him. We saw everyone who is now kissing Ben's ass cry hysterically at his funeral. No Ben did not TRY! Will was miraculously revived. Oh and I guess Marlena forgot about Ben strangling her? No biggie! What's important is he is such a wonderful man now! 😤

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Also, Show, for the record Ben actually killed Will, he didn't just "try to." Will was in a fucking coffin and brought back to life.

I agree with everything you posted @Maelstrom.

I think though that later they explained and perhaps even showed a retcon scene where Ben thought Will was dead and I guess it was Rolf and Susan(?) (Kristen's sister?) who showed up, and made it appear he was dead and so the cops and hospital thought he was dead. But he wasn't and then they woke him up.  I think unlike the others, he was not brought back to life, he was put in a fake death state, like Viv this week.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

At this point in history, how does anyone still choose Julie to perform their ceremony? Even her presence is ripe for things to go sideways (see: Elani nuptuals.) I mean frankly, I don't understand why anyone has Julie around, period. But especially not to perform a ceremony.

Poor Doug.  He's saddled himself with this brainless, spiteful, blaring foghorn of a person.  If he ever decided to take a page out of Vivian's playbook and bury Julie alive, that's a Salem celebration I'd be ready for.

30 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing rage-induced flames at the side of my vision by this hideous vomitous mass of a "wedding." You know, I actually thought the episode with the Stefan/Jake reveal and Gabi's breakdown was quite good. So of course Show had to turn around and barf out several of the absolute worst episodes in its existence afterward.

There are no words to describe how much I despite Ciara and her court of hangers-on at this point. Ciara, I'd say you're getting the exact wedding day you deserve. Claire, ditch this craphole of town. You can do a lot better.

At this point I'm ready for 99% of Salem's population to fall down a giant hole and never return.

You'd think Ben would have had to towel off after that tongue bath he got from Will and then Marlena.  

I just can't  with this show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yes he did, he also wrote Aiden and Joey as being killers, Chase as a rapist and Ciara as his victim.. He was also writing Lani as a bad girl.. 

Lani as a bad girl was the only good thing on that list which is a sad state of affairs. I actually did enjoy the Ben/Chabby story at the time in retrospect who knew as a viewer we would still be paying for it. 

At this point I'm not really going to bother being upset over this. I'm watching this as a comedy of horrors at this point and grateful that most of the characters I like aren't anywhere near this.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, boes said:

You'd think Ben would have had to towel off after that tongue bath he got from Will and then Marlena.

Ew. Boes, you're not helping make this nightmare less disgusting to watch. ;-)

34 minutes ago, bannana said:

I think though that later they explained and perhaps even showed a retcon scene where Ben thought Will was dead and I guess it was Rolf and Susan(?) (Kristen's sister?) who showed up, and made it appear he was dead and so the cops and hospital thought he was dead. But he wasn't and then they woke him up.  I think unlike the others, he was not brought back to life, he was put in a fake death state, like Viv this week.

I blocked out a lot of that, so maybe you're right. But still. I call BS. Resurrection serum only works on dead people, Show. And it's not like Ben started to strangle Will and then got interrupted or did a half-assed job or something. Will was dead, D-E-D dead, as far as Ben and everyone else in town knew.

• Love 9