Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, BoldDays said:

Thanks for the confirmation @QueenSerena and @boes - I was starting to think I was losing my mind, or my memory chip had been tampered with 😆

That's it!  I'm going to blame everything on my memory chip.  Maybe I shouldn't be buying mine at the Dollar Store and installing them myself.....

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, boes said:

I went back and watched every scene either with Will or discussing Adrienne's death and I didn't hear anything about a stabbing.  This contradicts what I THOUGHT I remembered hearing, so Score 1 for false memory!

Thanks for going back.  It could also be an unintentionally planted memory. After Will confessed to being the one who killed Adrienne at the end of one episode, there was a poster here who posted that Will stabbed Adrienne.  I'm pretty sure it was just spec (I'm pretty spoiled and not heard that at all) but it didn't read that way.  Maybe it entered your brain through osmosis and colored how you viewed all the scenes after. 

Or maybe a memory chip makes more sense.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 11/22/2019 at 3:36 PM, SnK said:

Kayla sent Steve divorce papers to get him to come back to her?  I hate it but I love it because it makes my shipper heart break for her and them.

Jack's reaction was WTF.  After everything he did to Steve and Kayla in the end he was their champion. He looked up to their relationship and Steve.   For him to judge Steve like he did is not the Jack I remember. 

For Kayla to ask for her rapist approval was another wtf.  Come on show.  Kayla would never do that!

Lastly, MA was terrible in this ep.  He almost ruined those scenes with Kayla and Jack.  

typical . I expected nothing less from Ron Carlivati . What a hack !!

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Okay now I’d feel crazy 😜 I could have sworn it was said on the show! I can’t even remember the scenes but I thought I heard it now I’m wondering if I’m gonna be Claire’s new roommate. 

You could do worse than Claire, just look at poor Will!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

God, Ron can fuck ANYTHING up, can't he? I'm about at the point that I wish OLTL survived. I mean, that was his start and he never really seemed to let go. He could have stayed there and Days maybe could have hired a real writer.

(Thinks of Corday hiring Dena Higley - twice.)

Yeah, never mind. With Kenny at the helm, this show is toast at some point regardless. Unless his mother and/or father can jump into his body a la Ghost.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

One more rant thing...Stefano without Joe Mascolo just enrages me still. The character should be dead, dead, dead, too. Hell, at this point, let's have Ciara and Ben be Tom and Alice. What's a few more rage explosions, at this point?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, boes said:

You could do worse than Claire, just look at poor Will!

I’m totally confused. I swore there was a weird throwaway line or two about Adrienne being stabbed cuz I was at the gym and on the elliptical and like wtf? And paused. I even posted right after here like what that fuck?!? How does that happen as an accident? 

I’m actually crazier than Claire, Gina, and Vivian combined to have delusion and actually wrong even in my insanity to not have imagined it was Abby instead (kidding but yes she needs to go and in a way she can’t ever be brought back). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Sidney said:

So, now I'm suppose to cheer on Ben and Ciara for saving an baby? Not going to happen. They were awful before, and more awful now.

The show is trying way too hard to make Ben into this romantic leading man and CIN into this modern day Bo and Hope. All its doing is making me roll my eyes (and pissing me off my beloved Bo's daughter is obnoxiously annoying).

• Love 13

Group think can be a  very funny thing! 

How could Ciarrra have gotten even more annoying after the time jump? I feel about her the way many of you do about Abigail. I start twitching and looking for the remote (ha, first I typed "clicker" - any MA folks here?) as soon as her smug mug invades my screen. That she for one second endangered that sweet Mackenzie makes me want to throw something at the TV. Ron, stop using babies as your twisted props. I hope this business clears up quickly this week. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

One more rant thing...Stefano without Joe Mascolo just enrages me still. The character should be dead, dead, dead, too. Hell, at this point, let's have Ciara and Ben be Tom and Alice. What's a few more rage explosions, at this point?

Andre shoulD Be The Phoenix period!!!

• Love 1
On 11/23/2019 at 8:31 AM, BoldDays said:

Even though I was a huge Stayla fan back with their original run, I kinda checked out on them years ago what with Steve’s long absences and Kayla’s turning into a doormat. But that was such a huge WTF for me too. He skips his beloved sister’s funeral and you don’t hear from him so you initiate a DIVORCE? Given his history and the fact you live in Salem, you don’t, I don’t know, assume he has been kidnapped, brainwashed, possessed by his never-before-mentioned evil twin, or died and rose from the dead without his memory?!? And you don’t ask his Black Patch PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR partner for help tracking him down. No, send divorce papers, that’ll do it 🙄

Why doesnt Kayla call Dr Marcus Hunter or Steve's step siblings ,Brian Scofield ,Cassie Scofield and detective Tanner Scofield? 

WHy not contact anyone of them to findout about Steve's whereAbouts ? 

Did they EvEr cOnfirm whether or not these characters attended Adrienne's funeral ? 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

God, Ron can fuck ANYTHING up, can't he? I'm about at the point that I wish OLTL survived. I mean, that was his start and he never really seemed to let go. He could have stayed there and Days maybe could have hired a real writer.

(Thinks of Corday hiring Dena Higley - twice.)

Yeah, never mind. With Kenny at the helm, this show is toast at some point regardless. Unless his mother and/or father can jump into his body a la Ghost.

Yeah as much as Ron sucks the biggest problem with the show is Ken and he's not going anywhere until Days ends. The same problems exist regardless of HW.... is Ken an only child because surely he has a competent relative somewhere right? OLTL was actually in a much better place than AMC, GL, and ATWT when they ended... I think they could've survived had they been on NBC instead of ABC. Days probably should've ended ages ago but like the characters it always cheats death.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Sidney said:

So, now I'm suppose to cheer on Ben and Ciara for saving an baby? Not going to happen. They were awful before, and more awful now.

I'll say it I think they're way worse than Chad/Abby ever were. I know those two are hated and I was over them a long time ago but even I think they wouldn't do this to their own relatives. They at least hate those who wronged them.

Watch nothing is going to happen to them. Sarah won't choke out Ciara for the trifling bitch that she is. This show finds a way to take a hit couple and make them so unlikeable makes you wonder what would've become of Stabi had Stefan stuck around.

Ben/Ciara being morally suspect wouldn't bother me if they owned it but they don't...

• Love 6

Ciara is related to that baby on both sides, but she gives no real fucks for Mickey's safety at all. 

I really do hate her.  Like, if forced to choose sides in a Cin split... I'd pick Ben.  I like Ben much more than this little princess at this point, which is probably not what the writers are going for.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'll say it I think they're way worse than Chad/Abby ever were. I know those two are hated and I was over them a long time ago but even I think they wouldn't do this to their own relatives. They at least hate those who wronged them.

Watch nothing is going to happen to them. Sarah won't choke out Ciara for the trifling bitch that she is. This show finds a way to take a hit couple and make them so unlikeable makes you wonder what would've become of Stabi had Stefan stuck around.

Ben/Ciara being morally suspect wouldn't bother me if they owned it but they don't...

Chad and Abigail also hate the people they wronged as well as the people who has wronged them.,

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ouinason said:

.  I like Ben much more than this little princess at this point, which is probably not what the writers are going for.  

Same. I mean, you know a character sucks when you prefer a serial killer to some dumb twit.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I pretty much lost it when they had Will give his stamp of approval to Ben. What the hell was that!? How do Ron think the Wilson fans feel? That was just so insulting in so many ways. This is the problem when you try to redeem a horrible character, so many other characters have to be dumbed down. SMH.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Chad and Abigail also hate the people they wronged as well as the people who has wronged them.,

Ciara is doing this to her own family and she doesn't have a mental illness to fall back on like Abigail either that's why she's worse to me. 

14 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Ciara is related to that baby on both sides, but she gives no real fucks for Mickey's safety at all. 

I really do hate her.  Like, if forced to choose sides in a Cin split... I'd pick Ben.  I like Ben much more than this little princess at this point, which is probably not what the writers are going for.  

I think that's what they're going for tbh. They don't really care about Ciara beyond Ben.

• Love 3

Well sure, get me to like Ben, fine, whatever, but I want Cin to end and Ciara to have a head injury and leave town indefinitely in a coma.  Maybe not dead, that would upset characters I still like, but probably not that much at this point. 

Sticking your wanna be redeemed serial killer with a beloved female character works fine for me (Friz Fan, no fucks given), but don't make me hate the girl so much i want him to snap and put her out of my misery, and get away with it.

• LOL 7

Well on GH Liz was already an established character on this show for a good 20 years before Franco came along.

Ciara doesn't have any of that going for her and was only relevant when she was a demon child. The show could never figure out what to do with her when they aged her they found something in Cin and Ciara got lost in translation.

• Love 1

Why is it such a big plot point all of a sudden that Eric has always wanted a child? Unless Jensen Ackles was talking about it back in the 90s, I haven't heard Greg Vaughan's character utter a peep about his desperate lifelong need for children since he came aboard in 2012.

Ron has just totally pulled this out of his ass hasn't he?

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Sidney said:

They created this whole damn situation in the first place with Ben blabbing all over the countryside and to his psycho pedo father it was Xander who killed Jordan and framed him. He knows damn well his dad is malicious and turned on by situations where children can be endangered. Also he’s dumb AF to think Xander killed Jordan for a Titan job or Victor ass pats since Victor offered both to him in front of Ben to strangle him and he refused. Does he think Xander would find killing some woman he didn’t even know preferable to killing that piece of shit man he did know? 

No words for Smugiara. She ain’t shit for not spilling the beans and hugging Sarah being like “wow that sucks” knowing damn well the truth. Literally the only thing she cares about is Ben. Even her mom has been a high key weirdo for a year now and she hasn’t even noticed or cared. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Sidney said:

Not to mention, they are smug and self-righteous.  Ciara had so much potential, Lauren Boles was such a treasure..

• Love 11
On 11/19/2019 at 7:51 PM, DanaMB said:

I wonder how upset TPTB are at the hearings happening just when they do their time jump. I know I’m getting tired of trying to find the ep to watch when it’s interrupted.  

I just found out that I can access all the preempted shows through "On Demand." Could be useful in the future (If I remember LOL). 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Sidney said:

I pretty much lost it when they had Will give his stamp of approval to Ben. What the hell was that!? How do Ron think the Wilson fans feel? That was just so insulting in so many ways. This is the problem when you try to redeem a horrible character, so many other characters have to be dumbed down. SMH.

Ron's sick fetish with Ben has been from the start, not an effort to redeem him, but bring the rest of the characters and canvas down to his level. Abby was turned into a crazy murderer.  Claire and Jordan were turned into crazy attempted murderesses. Now Will has been turned into a murderer. He killed his husband's mother, how does Sonny get past that?   Everybody is being brought down to Ben's murdering level, so that he can no longer be held accountable for his deplorable actions. Everyone on the show is a prop, a means to an end. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6

Ciara pisses me off.  She's putting herself and the baby in danger.  All to keep it a secret that Ben's father did this to help Ben.  BAD MORALITY.

Poor Sarah.  Good on Xander for being willing to give up his freedom for the Mickey.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is it such a big plot point all of a sudden that Eric has always wanted a child? Unless Jensen Ackles was talking about it back in the 90s, I haven't heard Greg Vaughan's character utter a peep about his desperate lifelong need for children since he came aboard in 2012.

Especially since when he came back HE WAS A PRIEST!  If he had really had a strong desire to have a child he wouldn't have become a priest.

Edited by DaphneCat
  • Love 5

What happened to Jordan makes my skin crawl when I think about it, and angry that she died & that Clyde is still alive, taking up screen time harming another innocent girl(A FRIGGIN BABY). I know she had her mental issues but so does Abitchgail and she gets to live to fight another day, annoying the shit out of me in the process. Anyway I was vexed when they killed off Jordan at first, now I'm sure that they shouldn't have done that. Not to mention the epic failures Ben/Ciara are acting like right now.   

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

They created this whole damn situation in the first place with Ben blabbing all over the countryside and to his psycho pedo father it was Xander who killed Jordan and framed him. He knows damn well his dad is malicious and turned on by situations where children can be endangered. Also he’s dumb AF to think Xander killed Jordan for a Titan job or Victor ass pats since Victor offered both to him in front of Ben to strangle him and he refused. Does he think Xander would find killing some woman he didn’t even know preferable to killing that piece of shit man he did know? 

Well, Xander actually has form - he did shoot Marlena and nearly killed her, among a laundry list of crimes he has committed for lesser reasons. So it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that he would kill Jordan (a known murderous nutjob who's threatened the life of his cousin Ciara) if Victor dangled a cushy CEO job in front of him. The only line we know Xander won't cross is sleeping with another dude - and ironically that's the only act that wouldn't be criminal in nature.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Back in the 90's, when Eric first proposed, he WANTED the 2 kids and a white picket fence life.  When Nicole married Lucas instead, he moved on to Greta (eventually).  Then he cheated on Greta with Nicole (because 4EVA love plot) and was back to 2 kids and white picket fence dreams.  THEN Nicole dumped his AGAIN and Eric scampered out of town (after some car accident).  

In offscreenville, he went to Africa to be a photographer and was inspired by a priest when they were both captured by some insurrectionists (or equivalent).  He was a devoted man of God when back in Salem but he did start to get proprietary again regarding Nicole before being raped by Kristin. Once back with Nicole, he never mentioned children again, but I think that's partially because kids were not an option with her.

In short: back before Nicole was unable to have kids, he wanted kids.  And she's always be the flame to his moth.  Once she couldn't have kids he didn't mention them.

Now?  Now I can see him going gaga over a baby. 

Edited by SueB
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I do love it when truth bombs are thrown in Abby's face, especially when they're related to her "epic"marriage with Chad, and did she just seriously tell Eli that Gabi is a horrible person who lashes out when her feelings get hurt?  There's our wonderfully sweet Horton princess, completely negating the awful things that have happened to Gabi and only focusing on the bad things she's done because that fits with Abs' victim narrative.  And on Friday's episode Abby called Gabi entitled and unqualified--this from a woman who has only ever been hired by her family members.  Say what you will about Gabi, she has created her own brand and apparently it's massively successful, and she worked hard to get there.

I'm glad that Baby Mickey is back safe with her mom, but Ciara's unconcerned reaction to the very real danger the little girl was was in is rather monstrous.  In her world, it only matters if something affects Ben--Ciara is almost as awesome as Abby.  Almost.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 15
47 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do love it when truth bombs are thrown in Abby's face, especially when they're related to her "epic"marriage with Chad, and did she just seriously tell Eli that Gabi is a horrible person who lashes out when her feelings get hurt?  There's our wonderfully sweet Horton princess, completely negating the awful things that have happened to Gabi and only focusing on the bad things she's done because that fits with Abs' victim narrative.  And on Friday's episode Abby called Gabi entitled and unqualified--this from a woman who has only ever been hired by her family members.  Say what you will about Gabi, she has created her own brand and apparently it's massively successful, and she worked hard to get there.

I'm glad that Baby Mickey is back safe with her mom, but Ciara's unconcerned reaction to the very real danger the little girl was was in is rather monstrous.  In her world, it only matters if something affects Ben--Ciara is almost as awesome as Abby.  Almost.

Perfectly said.  There's something, (for me, anyway), in the way Kate Mansi delivers her lines that seems worse than when Marci Miller played the part, as if KM puts snotty in to maximum overdrive.  

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, boes said:

Perfectly said.  There's something, (for me, anyway), in the way Kate Mansi delivers her lines that seems worse than when Marci Miller played the part, as if KM puts snotty in to maximum overdrive.  

I could never stand Abigail when Kate Mansi was (and is) playing her. When Marci Miller was portraying Abigail, she gave Abigail a vulnerability that KM just does not know how to do.  KM's Abigail is ALL ABOUT ME!!! 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, boes said:

I know. Even when she's not being snotty, she comes across that way. 

1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

I could never stand Abigail when Kate Mansi was (and is) playing her. When Marci Miller was portraying Abigail, she gave Abigail a vulnerability that KM just does not know how to do.  KM's Abigail is ALL ABOUT ME!!! 

I know Marci Miller left on her own, but her Abigail was just so much more likable than KM's version. Even during that horrible Gabby-with-a-y storyline.

• Love 17

I missed all of last week's episodes & now I am So confused! 🙂  Why does Clyde have a personal cell phone in jail?!  Why are Clyde & Ben allowed to hang out in private while in jail?!  Why does Ciara look like a 1930's actress with vampy hair & bright red lipstick?!  Why did Xander burn a letter in the fireplace?!  Why is Eric still crying? LOL....  I guess I will have to find the episodes On Demand...was there a show all 5 days last week?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

"It's not too late to call off the kidnapping." Uh, what?  The kidnapping has already happened.

Gabi being beaten so badly that she can't have children is not getting her feelings hurt. Her husband being shot and killed is not getting her feelings hurt.

I'm sure there is no evidence or fingerprints on any of the baby's stuff connecting her to Ciara.

Nicole on the old sobbing train again.

Ugh, Judgmental Eric is back.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Why does Clyde have a personal cell phone in jail?!  Why are Clyde & Ben allowed to hang out in private while in jail?! 

Because he has guards who are his friends.

Why does Ciara look like a 1930's actress with vampy hair & bright red lipstick?! 

No answer for that one. LOL

Why did Xander burn a letter in the fireplace?! 

Clyde (by anonymous text) told him Mickey would be returned, if Xander wrote and submitted a confession for "what he (Xander) and Victor did to cause an innocent man (Ben) to go to jail, so he wrote one and gave the "confession" to Commission HoGina who gave it back to him without reading it, as Mickey had been found. Now that Mickey is safe, the confession is no longer needed. However, the "vampy" Ciara is trying to get it as she/Ben thinks the crime Xander/Victor committed was killing Jordan, and if they can prove it, Ben will be released.

Why is Eric still crying? LOL.... 

No answer for that one either.   LOL.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

Abitchgail

I loled!

I had mostly been fast forwarding the Abigail scenes so I kinda forgot how horrible she is but I watched some of them today and it's just like how is this bitch this awful lol. KM just has smug written all over her so there's that but the writing is just disastrous. How can they expect us to root for this woman? Ditto for Ciara, of course. The mind boggles.

Eric looks pretty when he cries. And that's all I got for those scenes lol.

Baby Mickey is so freaking adorable. I don't even pay attention to anything going on when she's in the scene. Which is a good thing since Xander's woobie act doesn't work for me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, SueB said:

Back in the 90's, when Eric first proposed, he WANTED the 2 kids and a white picket fence life.

SueB thanks for the recap. Did he really state that? Like was that his dialogue? I think it's kind of funny if he actually mentioned the fence 😆

It occurs to me now that Stefano shouldn't have just asked Rolfe to inform Chad that Abigail should butt out...but also that he would break her neck for murdering his son.

...shall we start taking bets on whether or not she'll actually be held accountable for that by the Phoenix?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"It's not too late to call off the kidnapping." Uh, what?  The kidnapping has already happened.

Gabi being beaten so badly that she can't have children is not getting her feelings hurt. Her husband being shot and killed is not getting her feelings hurt.

I'm sure there is no evidence or fingerprints on any of the baby's stuff connecting her to Ciara.

Nicole on the old sobbing train again.

Ugh, Judgmental Eric is back.

Did judgmental Eric ever leave.

Abigail does not think she has ever done anything wrong,. She thinks she is entitled to whatever she want.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Abigail should wonder why she has never had a job or business on her on.  Only jobs and business she has ever had is because she is a Horton and the business is because she is banging the owners.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

MM's Abby was just so flat to me and she was just as selfish. She didn't give a shyt about Gabi either. KM's at least has a pulse however Abby should've always been a vixen/grey character making her some heroine was never the way to go with her. Same with Ciara and yet the show insists on it.

Having Jennifer, Hope etc be good Hortons worked because back then good characters mattered and were written with more than one dimension but they were actually good. Ciara, Abby we're told they're good but their actions say otherwise.

A Horton isn't allowed to be bad long term which is why JJ is doomed and he's a Horton male which makes it even worse for him.

That being said I really don't have an issue with Abby not having any regard for Gabi I mean there's no real reason to at this point and she doesn't even know about the heart thing either. Hell Gabi had no issue banging the dude who set the plan in motion and wasn't that remorseful over it in the first place . He didn't even have the mental illness excuse to fall back on either.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I guess I will have to find the episodes On Demand...was there a show all 5 days last week?

It would be available On Demand it was on 5 days last week. That's how I catchup on Days I wish I could FF the commercials but I just mute them and read a book.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That being said I really don't have an issue with Abby not having any regard for Gabi I mean there's no real reason to at this point and she doesn't even know about the heart thing either. Hell Gabi had no issue banging the dude who set the plan in motion and wasn't that remorseful over it in the first place . He didn't even have the mental illness excuse to fall back on either.

This is my thing as well.  Why would Abigail care about her?  She got her revenge supposedly.  Shouldn't the whole thing be done now.  Gabi sure as hell doesn't care about any of the pain she goes around inflicting for stupid reasons.  Her blaming Lani for Stefan choosing to jump in front of a bullet is ridiculous, but the Stefan stuff is particularly puzzling.  Like you say, he was the mastermind behind all the stuff she's mad at Abigail about.  The whole thing should be bygones at this point since Gabi married and considers the person most responsible for all of it some great love of hers.  Gabi having an attitude with Abigail, but crying buckets and declaring vengeance over Stefan just makes her look stupid.    

And I can't wait for Eli to realize that he's been dragged into her stupid and is getting played.  I wonder how he's going to feel when Gabi's next misdirected revenge plot is aimed at him because of course Gabi will blame him for hurting her when the Lani stuff comes out.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

Clyde (by anonymous text) told him Mickey would be returned, if Xander wrote and submitted a confession for "what he (Xander) and Victor did to cause an innocent man (Ben) to go to jail, so he wrote one and gave the "confession" to Commission HoGina who gave it back to him without reading it, as Mickey had been found. Now that Mickey is safe, the confession is no longer needed. However, the "vampy" Ciara is trying to get it as she/Ben thinks the crime Xander/Victor committed was killing Jordan, and if they can prove it, Ben will be released.

And since we discussed it here last week, I think it should be clarified that Clyde is referring to Ben when talking about an innocent man being in prison. It's not clear yet whether Xander and Victor have also interpreted that to be Ben, because it's possible that confession could have something to do with Will (who, along with everyone else, currently believes he caused the accident that killed Adrienne). I'm not basing this on any spoilers, but it seems too easy for this confession (where they don't name the innocent man in prison, & after today is maybe possibly destroyed?) to involve Ben.

• Love 9