Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

I did laugh how everyone had to talk to hide Kayla’s new main squeeze identity.

And that became especially ridiculous once they said she comforted her "new man" after Adrienne died. Justin was pretty much the only option, right?

I may be wrong, but I was spoiled about Kayla and Justin, so was paying extra attention to the dialogue, and I think the "new man" wasn't mentioned until after the line about comforting her love, which if you didn't know about Justin, would think it was Steve mourning his sister.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

we haven't seen the Horton living room in a while.

That'll be back by Christmas I would think.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

This show is now so OTT. It has me wondering if it’s all one big dream that Jennifer is having. Nothing is normal. I know it’s Days of our Lives and it’s a soap but it seems everything is being laid on a little (a lot) think.

I've wondered that too, but depending how long before they revealed that it was a dream, more would have gone on in the current time.  So not sure if that could work or not.

Sigh... I'd quoted a bunch of posts from the previous page, but lost them when I clicked on the next page.  😡

The only one I remember was DisneyBoy mentioning starting to watch Buffy.  I've only posted on that forum once or twice. And, I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't watched Buffy episode in years.  That is particularly embarrassing, as I bought the full DVD set, and have yet to open it.  Are you binge-watching the episodes?  Or watching sporadically?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gina said that 'her' house was destroyed by a flood as well so you might be onto something.

Nice catch. Interesting two places apart from each other were flooded and destroyed at once. 

I don’t think this is a dream. I just think a bunch of crazy shit happened and that’s that. 

@DisneyBoy and @buffynut Buffy was a really great show. I might add if you like Buffy you’d like Veronica Mars. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

@DisneyBoy and @buffynut Buffy was a really great show. I might add if you like Buffy you’d like Veronica Mars. 

For the longest time Buffy was my favourite show, and still is one of my favourite shows of all time. I really have to dust off my DVDs and watch the from start to finish. 

I watched, and liked, Veronica Mars.  But then either the channel I watched stopped airing it, or it's when I stopped having cable, but I'm pretty sure I never saw all the seasons.

• Love 4

I don’t think Lani is investigating Kristin but trying to close to her to find info on Kristin dad. If Stefano has been in touch with chad he has probably been in touch with Kristin.  Abe said he had not talked to Lani much. That line didn’t ring true. 

This is just me speculating.  I am going to apply at black patch next.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I feel like the scenes coming of Bristen baby dying and Kristen and Brady losing their gd minds are gonna be good viewing. 

I'm indifferent to SH but Eric M. can be really amazing when he's given the right material. I'm expecting some well played scenes here.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I'm indifferent to SH but Eric M. can be really amazing when he's given the right material. I'm expecting some well played scenes here.

SH has been really delivering with the pregnancy scenes and more tender material and EM good when he’s being kind. I always cry when a baby or child is hurt or dies. I’m expecting some soapy goodness when they air this hopefully this week ugh 😫 and I can’t wait to see how Haley is blamed and dies from this. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I watched, and liked, Veronica Mars.  But then either the channel I watched stopped airing it, or it's when I stopped having cable, but I'm pretty sure I never saw all the seasons.

Honestly, if you saw season 1 that's enough lol. Season 2 is decent, but season 3 is bad and season 4 is an offensive travesty.

2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don’t think Lani is investigating Kristin but trying to close to her to find info on Kristin dad.

Oooh, that's good spec!

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly, if you saw season 1 that's enough lol. Season 2 is decent, but season 3 is bad and season 4 is an offensive travesty.

I hate when a show starts out great, then quickly goes downhill. Oh well, at least I know I didn't miss much.

• Love 2

Also, I think Casey Moss has gone too method. He really packed on the pounds for the time jump. The JJ story is a wash for me. I didn’t care for Haley then and I care less about her now that she’s gone. Casey Moss was only good when he was messing with Eve. Good times indeed. 

16 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Also, I think Casey Moss has gone too method. He really packed on the pounds for the time jump. The JJ story is a wash for me. I didn’t care for Haley then and I care less about her now that she’s gone. Casey Moss was only good when he was messing with Eve. Good times indeed. 

Maybe the show asked him to? I mean he suddenly has facial hair now as opposed to before TJ. 

I saw him in Kate Mansi's IG a couple months back and he was thinner with no facial hair. 

I do prefer JJ when he first started out and find his relationship with Eve to be one of his better storylines/relationships. Same with her tbh. I mean if they really want to keep her in J&J's orbit she should've gone after JJ again. I mean that would bother Jennifer more than going after Jack which yeah she didn't like but she can deal with that having Eve as a potential daughter in law is another story...

Its no less gross than Brady/Kristen(its preferable since Eve never posed as someone else to get JJ into bed).

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Maybe the show asked him to? I mean he suddenly has facial hair now as opposed to before TJ. 

I saw him in Kate Mansi's IG a couple months back and he was thinner with no facial hair. 

I do prefer JJ when he first started out and find his relationship with Eve to be one of his better storylines/relationships. Same with her tbh. I mean if they really want to keep her in J&J's orbit she should've gone after JJ again. I mean that would bother Jennifer more than going after Jack which yeah she didn't like but she can deal with that having Eve as a potential daughter in law is another story...

Its no less gross than Brady/Kristen(its preferable since Eve never posed as someone else to get JJ into bed).

Once again, this was six months ago. Who knows what he looks like now or what he’ll look like next year if/when they return. 

• Love 2

Actually 8 months ago as Days tapes 8 months in advance so this was last March. Yes looks etc can change in that amount of time. I mean VK looks a lot different to me now than she did a few months ago and recently in Day of Days.( face fuller, bigger boobs etc)

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

JJ didn’t look like he gained weight. I tend to notice this, not in a bitchy way. I’m thin and have a big thigh gap so noticed when VK/Ciara went from being skinny to thicc bodied and her face rounded out. Her Instagram pics confirm it, she’s beautiful last year and now but did gain 20lbs. JJ is just wearing baggy clothes to look like a bum and druggy. A lot of people look heavier wearing baggy clothes &/or layers, I look like an obese turtle with my too big sweaters and parka. 

So many questions. Where’s JJ getting the pills he’s gargling? I meant what I said about Rolf sleeping on the job letting Bristen baby die and Haley pass (since it’d cause smoke to DiMera fam). Lazy asshole. 

This show is all the way crazy. 

• Love 5

“Hi I’m a Horton descendant give me Oxy and/or Xanies.” 

“Stranger with no money or prescriptions,  you aren’t an actual Horton Princess but as a relation I’m willing to bend the law.”

Rory was a pothead and nice stoner he wouldn’t have those connections and if he did would not get JJ all the way fucked up like he is. Btw I’m giving a hard side eye to Eric who saw JJ gulping pills and was blasé “I know you’re stoned and in pain so if you want talk.” Bruh he could have OD on that shit. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, buffynut said:
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

For the longest time Buffy was my favourite show, and still is one of my favourite shows of all time. I really have to dust off my DVDs and watch the from start to finish.

Count me in as a Buffy fan! I was too busy with my young girl when it first aired but I caught up pretty quick beginning in 2006 or so ago and immersed myself in the Buffyverse. I will always love that show and those dear characters.

I wonder if we find out this week what happened with Brady/Kristen's baby -- I'll have to prepare myself for the grim details. Do nuns really wear habits still? With smart executive pant suits? 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, buffynut said:

The only one I remember was DisneyBoy mentioning starting to watch Buffy.  I've only posted on that forum once or twice. And, I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't watched Buffy episode in years.  That is particularly embarrassing, as I bought the full DVD set, and have yet to open it.  Are you binge-watching the episodes?  Or watching sporadically?

I have been binging and I'm almost at the end of season 2 now. Angel just reverted to Angelus. Honestly, while I find the show has its good points, I'm a little confused as to how it became such a huge pop culture phenomenon back in the day. I remember everybody was talking about Buffy like it was the second coming of Christ. That's not to say that I think it's a total mess or anything. Sometimes they come up with fun twists on classic horror tropes and that's cool. I'm finding myself weirdly annoyed by Xander and his harassment-level comments towards Buffy, all because she doesn't return his feelings. Stop pressuring her, you moron! I realize it's a show about a bunch of kids in high school so obviously they all have to be in love with each other, but it's still pretty weird. Any sane person would take a hint and keep their comments to themselves. It's not cute Xander. I kind of find the Buffy/Angel romance funny. It's so surface and so overdramatic....but also weird. Seriously why would a Slayer jeopardize everyone's lives just to have a boyfriend? Buffy is gorgeous and could get anyone.

I thought I might watch up until the musical episode, but now I don't know if I have the strength. It's also alarming to see how skinny all the women had to be in the late 90s. Emaciated Drusilla and her bug eyes and her crazy talking really skeeve me out. I'm sorry - make me wig out. Make me wiggy? LOL

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

SH has been really delivering with the pregnancy scenes and more tender material and EM good when he’s being kind. I always cry when a baby or child is hurt or dies. I’m expecting some soapy goodness when they air this hopefully this week ugh 😫 and I can’t wait to see how Haley is blamed and dies from this. 

Stacy has been much better as the tender Kristen. It's just that we've watched her be crazy and nuts for two years, so I'm having a hard time buying her as a believable human being with human feelings.

And I'm really afraid that whatever they've written will further throw Kristen under the bus as an unrepentant murderer. That's really not who she is and I'm frustrated with Ron playing up her villainy for the sake of drama. As far as I'm concerned Haley could have choked on a peanut. She was that inconsequential and annoying. I do feel sorry for the actress, honestly, because I think even if her character was going to be short lived she could have been likeable. Remember when they used to write sweet simple love stories? Just two ordinary people meeting and over the course of several months of crossing each other's paths and sharing meals together they fall in love? That kind of stuff was nice. I feel like we got that with JJ and Gabi back in the day. It was back burner but at least it was believable.

Edit: is it really though, waltz....? You say yes, Peach says no.... 🤣

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Hope is still "Gina" but everyone thinks she's Hope.  Hope was complaining about how crowded her house was.  I guess everyone and their mother and alt identity is staying with Doug and Julie.  Meanwhile, Marlena was invited to be on an international psychology panel so she has been out of town.  Since John felt he had extra room, he invited Hope to come live with him but no they're not together.  He's still with Marlena.  Gina's trying to change that.

Kayla is with Justin. 

I don't have a specific website to recommend but I've always had luck just Googling Days of Our Live recaps when I've missed a day.  Maybe someone else has a specific site they have a preference for.

Thank You!

• Love 2

So in today's episode we were not only treated to Abs' amazing fashion sense--shapeless black and gray dress and drab hairstyle--we were also told that she is now The Spectator's ace reporter because apparently being an investigative reporter is something you inherit and not anything you have to work for or study journalism to achieve.  

I liked all of Will's scenes today, especially the flashbacks with Sonny--you could see Will's pain when he realized that Sonny couldn't even look at him--DAMN!!  But then his scenes with Kate had her adamantly saying that Adrienne's death with an accident and he doesn't deserve to be in jail but Will is so full of guilt he's convinced he belongs there.

I did like Sonny and Evan's scenes today as well, there is something refreshingly calm about their conversations.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Not to be a nudge, but in fairness I think Abigail's first job was as a reporter. I think Jack's book sparked the urge in her back then. But you know, journalism/public relations - tomatoe/tomato 🙂

LOL.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Not to be a nudge, but in fairness I think Abigail's first job was as a reporter. I think Jack's book sparked the urge in her back then. But you know, journalism/public relations - tomatoe/tomato :)

I honestly do not remember Abby's working as a reporter, I just remember her being public relations for the hospital and then DiMera.  Thanks for letting me know :)

• Love 2

Abigail just wants to be a reporter so she can talk judgy shit on everyone else’s business and post humble bragging articles. 

Did there have an editing or ad lib flub or my ears wrong? Justin “I’m worried about social media and people talking bad about us like the other couples on tv.” Dude your character and Kayla’s aren’t on tv you actors are. 

Peep Kate’s tricolor geometric nail art. She’s so cute. 

Marlena put Hope/Gina on notice 👀 

Kind of a boring episode I want them to reveal Adrienne’s death. How did Will accidentally stab her? Was he walking around a corner cleaning knifes or something? Maybe he mistakenly thought she was an intruder? But Will can’t kill a spider w out calling John or Kate or Sami so idk.

Too much Abigail. 

• Love 6

Loved todays episode.   Kayla was on and even though she's romancing Justin I know they won't last.  What I like about Kayla and Justin is that its an adult story for this show.  A romance born out of shared grief.    MBE and Wally work well together too.  

Love Princess Gina.  Drake was terrible.  A little subtely goes a long way

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

@DisneyBoy Hang in for Season 3 -- the best year, in my opinion 🙂 

Most fans tend to feel that season 2 and 3 were the best Buffy seasons.  

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Edit: is it really though, waltz....? You say yes, Peach says no.... 🤣

I think Peach was talking about season 3 of Veronica Mars, not Buffy. 

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have been binging and I'm almost at the end of season 2 now. Angel just reverted to Angelus. Honestly, while I find the show has its good points, I'm a little confused as to how it became such a huge pop culture phenomenon back in the day.

Try not to analyse it too much, and just enjoy the ride.  

Back to Days, Global aired the correct episode today, so I guess anyone who didn't watch Friday's ep online is wondering where Marlena's been all this time.

25 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Did there have an editing or ad lib flub or my ears wrong? Justin “I’m worried about social media and people talking bad about us like the other couples on tv.” Dude your character and Kayla’s aren’t on tv you actors are. 

To me, it felt like a shout out to the fans to not post things like "Kayla belongs only with Steve" on Twitter.   But, yes, talking about themselves on social media was weird.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4
On 11/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, Petunia13 said:

Also something strange that maybe part of a future plot point or may be dropped but Doug and Julie mentioned Doug’s Place was destroyed in a flood or fire. Wonder how that happened or is related to some of the other fuckshit going on. 

I missed this explanation and was wondering if Julie's Place replaced Doug's Place.  A disaster being the impetus for many of the time jump changes is a great idea. 

• Love 3

I thought Marlena and Hope were great friends.  Why was she such a bitch to her today? She could have had a much gentler conversation about her moving out. Seemed untypical if Marlena. 

and really?! They are resurrecting Stephano again? Let him Rest In Peace. Or he’ll more likely. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Abigail just wants to be a reporter so she can talk judgy shit on everyone else’s business and post humble bragging articles. 

YUP! I wish Stefano really WAS alive just so we could see him snap her like a twig for offing his son Andre.

Seriously, think about it - serial killer Andre was rubbed out by Abigail. I still can't wrap my head around that.

I couldn't believe the audacity of her sitting there writing a condescending bitchy message to Stefano Freaking DiMera as Chad begs her to STFU before she screws up their lives. And then just because Daddy walks in, she's smugly spilling the beans to him (almost) and then innocently trying to tell Chad they should make it a headline because the news will leak out eventually anyways. Woman, don't you have your own business to be occupied with? I'm sorry, I'm never the type to insist it's a woman's job to look after the kids, this is bobble-headed idiot seriously needs to start spending time with her children because from what I can tell she's not useful in any other way. She has no right to speak down to anybody after the life she's lead...least of all Stefano.

Hell, I'm still pissed off that they wasted some of Joe's last scenes with that stupid "Abigail's inheriting a house overseas" subplot. Remember when he confronted her or she confronted him on his jet? So stupid. She has no right whatsoever to share screen time with Stefano in any shape or form. She's not an interesting enough character or even a remotely likeable one. She's a poor actress and reminds me of every single girl I've ever seen on one of those reality shows who thinks because she got an internship somewhere important because she comes from a rich family that somehow she's better than you. Can we not just migrate Failure off to The Hills or one of the Real Housewives shows?

Or better yet....prison for her crimes! I love the dingy inmate look she was sporting today, BTW. Does the actress pick her own clothes, because they're consistently horrendous. Maybe the wardrobe department hates this character as much as we do.

I couldn't stop laughing about Gina's blazer. Somewhere, Liberace is screaming "too much, girl!"

I did find Marlena uncharacteristically cold towards Gina, but she did walk in on a rather odd scene, and I suspect in tomorrow's episode Marlena will be following up with John about what's going on with their house guest. Who knows, maybe Marlena returned early because she figured out that Gina arranged for her to get the job offer in Europe in the first place.

Kayla and Justin have zero chemistry. I'm really uncomfortable with Justin as a love interest in general. The only actress he actually looked kind of natural with was Kassie.

The best part of the episode, by a mile, was Kate telling Will she would never give up on him. Out of nowhere, I felt all this real human emotion come blasting through my television screen and breaking through the artifice. Beautiful work, Lauren. Even Chandler was choked up. So was I. Why can't soaps be about moments like that anymore?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

As Kate walked in to visit Will, it suddenly occurred to me that Marlena has apparently dumped her imprisoned, beloved grandson to run off to some other part of the world.

Uh, Kayla, how could you possibly think it was a good idea to talk to your new boyfriend about his recently dead wife, and how it was traumatic for you?

Sonny is still wearing a suit.  Has he gotten a job yet?

Dang, Marlena going raw on Gina/Hope.  But she said "guessin'".  Could she be Hattie?

• Love 5

Sonny and the nanny talked about their favorite football teams, Chicago Bears and the Los Angeles Rams.  Both of those teams played against the other last night on NBC Sunday Night Football. That's pretty good timing by the show if they filmed that scene months ago!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I honestly do not remember Abby's working as a reporter, I just remember her being public relations for the hospital and then DiMera.  Thanks for letting me know :)

It's pretty random what I remember and what I don't, lol, but this I got :) I think it was around the time she had a crush on Austin (blech, not going any farther than that, ick). 

Edited by Lastwaltz
simpler wording
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

“Hi I’m a Horton descendant give me Oxy and/or Xanies.” 

“Stranger with no money or prescriptions,  you aren’t an actual Horton Princess but as a relation I’m willing to bend the law.”

Rory was a pothead and nice stoner he wouldn’t have those connections and if he did would not get JJ all the way fucked up like he is. Btw I’m giving a hard side eye to Eric who saw JJ gulping pills and was blasé “I know you’re stoned and in pain so if you want talk.” Bruh he could have OD on that shit. 

Rory used to work for Deimos and then moved onto another drug ring so yes he would be able to have those connections. Now would he let JJ get too far not intentionally but I'm sure he figured JJ would not be a full blown addict.

Yes Eric sucks at his job so does everyone else in Salem apparently.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Sonny and the nanny talked about their favorite football teams, Chicago Bears and the Los Angeles Rams.  Both of those teams played against the other last night on NBC Sunday Night Football. That's pretty good timing by the show if they filmed that scene months ago!

They usually know when episodes aired so yes I'm not surprised this was referenced.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I thought Marlena and Hope were great friends.  Why was she such a bitch to her today? She could have had a much gentler conversation about her moving out. Seemed untypical if Marlena. 

Marlena has always been protective of her John. One time when she died the angel showed her her kids in trouble, her grandkids in trouble but none of it phase her as much as seeing John getting married to another woman.  Seeing John with another woman saved her life. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Marlena has always been protective of her John. One time when she died the angel showed her her kids in trouble, her grandkids in trouble but none of it phase her as much as seeing John getting married to another woman.  Seeing John with another woman saved her life. 

I always believed John and Marlena loved each other more than either of them loved their kids.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Really enjoyed Kate and Will today!  I wasn't paying much attention otherwise, as there was a lot of drab Abigail.  Plus, and more importantly, I was playing with our new kitten - a beautiful Russian Blue who found me at a state park this weekend.  He's the sweetest little guy and hasn't stopped purring since we brought him home.

Since this week is heavy on hearings, will DOOL episodes be available on NBC.com or are they holding them?

• Love 6

There isn’t much you can do for an addict until the ask for help.  John in my opinion reached out in the best way.    I have been down this road with family.  It really sucks that love ones get blamed. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, tribeca said:

There isn’t much you can do for an addict until the ask for help.  John in my opinion reached out in the best way.    I have been down this road with family.  It really sucks that love ones get blamed. 

I liked the John/JJ scene once in a while Days gives me a scene I never expected to enjoy and yet I do..

One would think the show would mix up some orbits here to create stories. The JJ storyline right now has potential unfortunately Ron is writing it so I expect a disappointing pat ending to all of this in the end.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Really enjoyed Kate and Will today!  I wasn't paying much attention otherwise, as there was a lot of drab Abigail.  Plus, and more importantly, I was playing with our new kitten - a beautiful Russian Blue who found me at a state park this weekend.  He's the sweetest little guy and hasn't stopped purring since we brought him home.

Since this week is heavy on hearings, will DOOL episodes be available on NBC.com or are they holding them?

I believe the episodes will be available on nbc.com or on the nbc app. They really don't like to do full preemptions anymore because of how far ahead they are in filming.

Oh! And before I forget, check with your local NBC affiliate to see if they may air the show overnight. Some affiliates have Cozi (sp?) as an alternate at the same time the episode airs, but others don't have that option and would elect to air it overnight instead.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Really enjoyed Kate and Will today!  I wasn't paying much attention otherwise, as there was a lot of drab Abigail.  Plus, and more importantly, I was playing with our new kitten - a beautiful Russian Blue

Congratulations on your new kitten!  You rescued her from a state park??  That's pretty great of you, lucky kitten.I

I agree, Will and Kate were absolutely wonderful, very moving, and as usual, I completely believe how deeply Kate loves Will.  Well done, Show!

And then there was Abigail.....sigh.....does Rolf have a cure for her, maybe?  Please??

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So in today's episode we were not only treated to Abs' amazing fashion sense--shapeless black and gray dress and drab hairstyle--we were also told that she is now The Spectator's ace reporter because apparently being an investigative reporter is something you inherit and not anything you have to work for or study journalism to achieve.  

Well she replaced the other previous ace reporter Will who only wrote stories about himself or his family. She follows the tradition of being the most talentless member on staff of The Spectator

Not to be a nudge, but in fairness I think Abigail's first job was as a reporter. I think Jack's book sparked the urge in her back then. But you know, journalism/public relations - tomatoe/tomato 🙂

and 

I honestly do not remember Abby's working as a reporter, I just remember her being public relations for the hospital and then DiMera.  Thanks for letting me know :)

She was still in college, when she somehow managed to become Austin's TA for whatever class he taught and then ended up convincing him that they slept together when he was drunk.

Later she spent the next year slapping people until Jennifer finally gave her a job at the hospital to work on PR where Abby barely ever went to work and ended up sleeping with a member of the Hospital Board where she promptly got herself fired thanks to Sami.

Then after spending the next year sleeping with a serial killer and then Chad, she went nutso, was sent to a mental facility, escaped the facility, faked her death and then came back to Chad who then gave her another job that she was not qualified for: PR for Dimera Enterprises. I think the only thing that she ever did on the job was write a puff piece about Chad as the CEO and then running around with Stefan wearing that crappy wig in Hong Kong.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Looks like Global skipped the Friday episode and we got the current one.

At least Kayla has a man who isn't someone's leftover - yes, Justin's wife 'died'. As friends, it is possible that they could connect. New set with her condo. Yeah, Kayla, things break down in a condo too.

I enjoyed Will and Kate. She was also wearing flats, which is unusual for her. They do seem like real family.

I missed what happened Friday with Hopina. She had her nice sparkling jacket on and today it was off when Doc got home. How nice of Doc to ask her houseguest to leave. Seriously, Hope has enough money to stay at the Salem Inn and if she has house insurance, they would put her up someone til her home is fixed.

Everyone seemed to be dressed in fall attire except for the sun maxidress that Abs wore. Ugh. She thinks she can take on Steffy?

Sonny and the manny? Hmmmm. Something is afoot and he probably has some real reason to move to Salem. There are many little towns and quiet villages around.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I like Kayla and Justin. I like that they gave  Kayla another man instead of just having women chase Steve. I like the change of pace. 

I liked Kayla and Justin more than I thought I would.  In fact, when they did the flashback to their first kiss, I wish we had actually seen more of their slow build while they recovered over losing the loves of their lives.

Her new condo is dullsville, though.  And isn't almost the same as John and Marlena's living room?

I enjoyed Kate and Will today as well.  I'm finding him kind of sexy.  It's amazing what giving Chandler a story he seems interested in does to his performance.  He seems more alive.

Marlena's claws really did come out.  John's reaction was a little overboard, though.  "Oh my love, how wonderful to have you back, how AMAZING!"  I get it was probably because he was a little drunk and quite surprised but it ended up creating a "I'm guilty" vibe.  He's not but that's how it came off.

I had to laugh at Abby's outfit--not because it was drab but because it was so summery.  Yet we spent the whole summer with people wearing winter things.

• Love 9

I also think that the Justin'/Kayla relationship is something I wouldn't have minded seeing in real time. Them bonding and helping each other with their losses. Everyone else seeing it unfold. Some would hate it(Sonny, Jack, maybe JJ) others would be more understanding(Jennifer, Abby) . Victor could make a snarky comment about Kayla swooping in on her sister in law's man yeah it would reference Shayla but it could be funny.  Instead we go from Point A to Point D and miss all the beats in between that would've made this worthwhile.

On another note I don't buy that Jack loves Chad I could see him begrudgingly accept him but that's about as far as it goes.  I still remember Jack going postal at the idea of Abby dating a Dimera.

However I could see him liking Chad more than Ben or EJ.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I like Kayla and Justin. I like that they gave  Kayla another man instead of just having women chase Steve. I like the change of pace. 

HeCk nO.

Kayla and Justin is just like KaylA and Shane. 

If Kayla was perhaps dating Tony DiMera ,I wouldnt really have a problem because atleast this potential pairing is rooted in history .

Remember when Tony and Stefano first came to salem ? Tony threw a huge party at the mansion inviting salemites and later he and stefano watched video footage of the party and 3 women caught their eye ,namely :

-Julie 

-Marlena 

-KaylA 

Justin and Kayla? No ,thank you .  

atleast they could explain that Tony spent the year at Salem Hospital completing physical therapy and running into Kayla a couple of times and thry end uo being aquainted and eventually began to date . 

This KaYLa /Justin thing is a retread of Kayla/Shane pairing which occured after Steve "died" .

During that period , I believe the show was also flirting with the idea of putting Steve's foster brother , Dr Marcus Hunter in her orbit while they were both mourning Steve's death. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

Im So sick and tired of Corday disrespecting Joe Mascolo . Keep the character dead for Petes sake .

Enough with this "Stefano is alive " nonsense . Joe has passed away so reviving this character makes no sense. They should just revive Andre and reveal he survived Abby's murder attempt or he got revived by Rolf and have him be the wicked puppet maste behind the scenes aallistair crane style . Reveal he got in touch with Chad and forgave Abby for murdering him and now wants to redeem himself in Chad's eyes. 

• Love 5