Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, sas616 said:

When I saw "Stefano's" hands (as well as the back of his head),  it didn't look like someone that would be his age.  I'm sure I'm wrong because the timing is way off, but I thought it could be BB in that chair.  

I thought it look like Steve Johnson,.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

To be fair, it's much easier to predict if one is spoiled.  If someone who was unspoiled guessed there'd be a time jump, guessed that Will would be in jail along with the show's new golden boy, and guessed that Adrienne, Haley and the Bristen baby would be dead, I'd want them to predict the lottery numbers. 

Lani and Kristen being nuns was a surprise to me too and that's because it wasn't spoiled or rumored.

I kind of wish we didn't find out what happened to Haley.  I liked that they were intimating that Brady had something to do with Haley's death.  I would have liked to keep guessing for a bit longer.

Which will be the TJ's undoing once we find out how we got from Point A to Point B it will revert to the writing style it was before the TJ.

Stefano's hands looked like a kinda overweight man’s hands which matched JM build. I don’t really care about him or Gina’s Bob Ross bullshit. 

PG accent is so weird. She half sounds like a robot and half like some very poor uneducated person mimicking an old timey rich Brit. “Affirmative, I shan’t be having any knaves set forth that tis not compute.” 

I think with all the buzz and excitement of TJ if it works Ron will repeat it. Since he’s Ron and is only capable of recycling it’s possible by this time next year Salem will be in 2022. 😂 

i really liked JJ today. I guess I needed to see Eric and Brady screamed and hit more than I realized 😍 and Casey Moss completely committed to the material and sold it.

CM/Gabi looked great her body refuses to quit and she has amazing hair. Eli is a bore but pretty w her and he had more than a few zingers. “She burned my ass at the alter in front of my damn friends and family” 😂 and his nauseated face and cringe at Gabi saying she walked in on Chad and JarJar after sex. 

I liked PG gown it looked liked something Dorothy Parker was photographed in.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

My ep today was a rerun of Lani’s wedding.

I had the same thing, and have tried to get it On Demand and it just keeps giving me the Lani wedding episode.  If anyone out there knows wtf is going on with that, please let me know!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, bannana said:

I had the same thing, and have tried to get it On Demand and it just keeps giving me the Lani wedding episode.  If anyone out there knows wtf is going on with that, please let me know!

I found that I can get it online, but it is very strange that in Canada I can only get a repeat episode On Demand for Nov 14.  Any other Canadians experiencing this?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, sas616 said:

When I saw "Stefano's" hands (as well as the back of his head),  it didn't look like someone that would be his age.  I'm sure I'm wrong because the timing is way off, but I thought it could be BB in that chair.  

Me too! And I hate to admit this, I really do. But during the Gina painting scenes I was too distracted by Hope/Gina's flabby arms to think about much else. Who'd a thought a person that anorexic-looking can have the same issue with post-menopausal crepey, flabby arms as myself?! 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, sas616 said:

I'm sure I'm wrong because the timing is way off, but I thought it could be BB in that chair.  

That's exactly what my sister thinks. It does make some sense actually.

I fucking loved yesterday's ep. So many crazy reveals and I am just so excited to see where all this is going!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I kind of wish we didn't find out what happened to Haley.  I liked that they were intimating that Brady had something to do with Haley's death.  I would have liked to keep guessing for a bit longer.

But we don't know exactly what happened to Haley.  How did Kristen kill her?  And did she literally murder her? Or did Haley commit suicide after being harrassed/threatened by Kristen. And if she did kill her, was it intentional or an accident?  Still questions to guess about.

5 hours ago, bannana said:

I found that I can get it online, but it is very strange that in Canada I can only get a repeat episode On Demand for Nov 14.  Any other Canadians experiencing this?

My Global station also showed the wedding repeat.  I was able to watch it online after I read that it aired elsewhere. Unfortunately looking for info, I got spoiled about Kristen killing Haley. But the new nuns was still a shock!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bannana said:

My Shaw On Demand comes up in 24 hours. Will check later today.

• Love 2

I just can't with Lani's weak blandness and "poor me" attitude.  When Gabi was set up for a crime she didn't commit she didn't just give up, that's why her revenge on Abs and Stefan was so awesome.  Lani decided to become a nun because she couldn't be with Eli--I went to 12 years of Catholic school and that's a new one on me.  So I need to ask, why does Lani exist again?   

And everyone has been making interesting points about JJ but I haven't heard him say  "I lost Paige to violence and now Haley too" or "My mom's been in a coma and I lost Haley, I just can't take any more" instead all I'm hearing is "Haley was my life and now it's over", that is why I'm having such a hard time taking this amount of angst seriously--it's Haley's death that has caused all of JJ's drama.  Damn weak writing.

I can't believe I'm about to post this but I kind of like John and Princess Gina together--YIKES!

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Don't hate yourself kit, John has always gone well with bad girls (Kristen). In fact, I think that's partly why he and Marlena became such a big deal. Her boinking him on the Titan conference room table was her "bad girl" moment. Without that, would people have rooted for them as much? Maybe John likes a little spice.

Today, my station was airing yesterday's episode. Are they going to never air today's ep, and just jump to the new one on Monday?

Kristen as a nun is insane. I realize they might not do thorough background checks but.....come on. Nuns have the internet right? Kristen must have a few headlines devoted to her.

• LOL 3
13 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Don't hate yourself kit, John has always gone well with bad girls (Kristen). In fact, I think that's partly why he and Marlena became such a big deal. Her boinking him on the Titan conference room table was her "bad girl" moment. Without that, would people have rooted for them as much? Maybe John likes a little spice.

John and Marlena were a big deal before their affair. They were awesome as Roman and Marlena, she helped him to remember he was Roman after treating him as an amnesiac at the hospital for months. Marlena is a healer first and foremost and she gave him his life back. They were a supercouple long before he was retconned as not being Roman.

Also, the Titan hookup that Sami witnessed was the second time that they were together. They had had their affair on the Titan plane where they conceived Belle. Their affair was never sleazy or distasteful in my opinion. It was a culmination of their history as Roman and Marlena and all they had been through before Marlena "died" and  after she came back.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

OK, it may be unpopular, but I'm loving KA as Gina.  The tiny eyebrow pop when she was talking to John right before she poured wine on herself was hilarious.  She's far more interesting to me than Hope has been over the last few years.

I missed Wednesday (hopefully it's online somewhere) and yesterday (it's on the dvr) and need to catch up, but was it revealed if Julie's Place is a whole new restaurant, or did it take over from Doug's Place?

Casey Moss is so damn good. 

Spoiler

Hopefully they will end up bringing him back soon.  It's ridiculous the writers won't give him a good, meaty story.

Kayla and Justin sure are pretty together, as are Gabi and Eli. 

So far I'm enjoying the time jump very much!

• Love 6

Gabi managed to drive Lani clear out of the continent.

Is Chloe still a co-owner of "Julie's Place"?

I get confused when they switch back and forth between "today" and "the past".

Why did Gabi have the heart app open on her phone?

Nice ending.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Today, my station was airing yesterday's episode. Are they going to never air today's ep, and just jump to the new one on Monday?

Mine too.  ☹️ And I couldn't find it online, so I read the PBP, which wasn't nearly as enjoyable was watching would have been.  Not sure how we're gonna catch up.  Hopefully we won't be an episode behind forever. 😠

• Love 2
1 hour ago, K-9 said:

With so many unable to watch what's going on, it feels like those who can get the episodes are supposed to post in here with spoiler tags : )

At this point, yesterday's ep was the Lani wedding and that is what is on demand 🙄 and today we got Hot in Cleveland, with no episode on demand and showing the next episode airing on Monday.

• Love 2

Is Lani uncover ? 

I would never forgive Gabi if she made me give up on someone as pretty as Eli.  

Kristin really had dewy skin today.  

John was really sweet, caring and showed a lot of empathy when talking to JJ. 

Princess Gina poured wine then the news interrupted and that was that.  

• Love 3

Hey Buffynut - I'm watching your favourite show finally. I don't know if you post over in the Buffy forums here, but I'm starting to.

Doug's Place was renamed? Seeing as how it's only been open for about a year or two, wouldn't rebranding jeopardize the business? And cost a fortune that it really doesn't need to spend?

I still can't believe Chloe run a business so that she would have a place to perform on a regular basis, and she never once performed there.

Can anybody fathom why they wasted Anna and Tony's last two episodes on them arguing about him becoming CEO for DiMera if they were going to promptly exile them to Europe off-camera? Do you think it was a rewrite during the shuffle behind the scenes where they decided to fire Stefan, Chloe and a few other characters? It certainly seems that way. Otherwise, the only explanation is that we will see in flashbacks that something happened with Tony and Anna during the last year to make him want to abandon the company and go to Europe.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Kristen as a nun is insane. I realize they might not do thorough background checks but.....come on. Nuns have the internet right? Kristen must have a few headlines devoted to her.

My Global station aired yesterday's episode today. Weird quality - both sound and image.

US Thanksgiving is coming up so we may be behind for a week or so. We should catch up by then.

Wonder if Lani and Kristen are fake nuns. Not like being a nun is a tempting career choice for women. And nuns for a lot of convents do have to pay some sort of dowry - Kristen is rich so that shouldn't have been an issue.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, buffynut said:

Mine too.  ☹️ And I couldn't find it online, so I read the PBP, which wasn't nearly as enjoyable was watching would have been.  Not sure how we're gonna catch up.  Hopefully we won't be an episode behind forever. 😠

I've caught the pre-empted episodes on nbc's website and it's worked out pretty well. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I can’t believe how stupid they are writing John in not suspecting Gina is back. Wait, nevermind. This is the same guy who thought a pillow was a baby.

Nice guys are painted as morons on this show which is why it doesn't pay to be a nice character ever they aren't allowed to have any agency, brains, personality etc. (see Eli with Gabi etc) 

Hell look at JJ going back to form after losing Haley when he was a nice guy he was an emasculated loser.. that's how soaps view nice guys.

• Love 2

Really want to know Wills story.  Is he protecting someone?   Why was he punished so harshly?   Having to listen to Ben talk about Ciara all day is like torture.  

Sonny has always been close to his mom. His heart must be breaking.  

• Love 6

I saw ALL of Friday’s show and I am caught up. And watched it twice. So what I talk about like I have always is what happens on the current episode. 

Kayla’s hair looked so pretty. 

Eli is so boring but he and Gabi are sexy together. Gabi blackmailed her to dump Eli not give up men and sex altogether for life. 

Gina has expensive tastes and is pretentious which doesn’t align with her cave room filled with Middle Times fire sale props and eating Brady’s Pub special Corned Beef and Cabbage nightly. 😖

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I saw ALL of Friday’s show and I am caught up. And watched it twice. So what I talk about like I have always is what happens on the current episode. 

Kayla’s hair looked so pretty. 

Eli is so boring but he and Gabi are sexy together. Gabi blackmailed her to dump Eli not give up men and sex altogether for life. 

Gina has expensive tastes and is pretentious which doesn’t align with her cave room filled with Middle Times fire sale props and eating Brady’s Pub special Corned Beef and Cabbage nightly. 😖

Oh, now.  Surely she eats the clam chowder on occasion.

• LOL 11

John is too busy with black patch Detective agency ? 

He is a terrible detective if he can’t pick up any clues that Hope likes him. 

I don’t buy for a second that Marlena would be okay with a  woman moving in with John not matter how long they have been friends. 

JJ and Brady both looked like they were in so much pain.  Eric, John And Brady have all reached out to JJ.  

Didn’t love the way Julie’s place was decorated.  It was cold and dark looking.  

I did laugh how everyone had to talk to hide Kayla’s new main squeeze identity.  

• Love 9

From the conversation in the park Friday, Kristen pushed Haley down a flight of stairs the day the baby passed. But Kristen wasn’t charged with anything however JJ still feels she killed her. Then Kristen left town without saying goodbye and is now in the convent w Lani and Lani knows what happened and is cool w her.  I’m still speculating since Haley was a nurse maybe she did something medically in error that caused a miscarriage or stillbirth. How Kristen wasn’t charged or law looking for her for pushing her is a mystery maybe there were no witnesses idk? 

I feel like this show is legitimately exciting rn and like the turn some of the characters have taken. CM/JJ has been acting his ass off and I love seeing he give Eric and Brady hell. I have never liked boring Lani but intrigued by her weird friendship and bond w Kristen. I don’t care about Stefano it’s v heavy handed when he’s finally revealed he’s gonna look different or be brainchipped into someone. I kinda want when Gina’s portrait is revealed it’s just a mass of deranged squiggles. 

Also something strange that maybe part of a future plot point or may be dropped but Doug and Julie mentioned Doug’s Place was destroyed in a flood or fire. Wonder how that happened or is related to some of the other fuckshit going on. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

From the conversation in the park Friday, Kristen pushed Haley down a flight of stairs the day the baby passed. But Kristen wasn’t charged with anything however JJ still feels she killed her. Then Kristen left town without saying goodbye and is now in the convent w Lani and Lani knows what happened and is cool w her.  I’m still speculating since Haley was a nurse maybe she did something medically in error that caused a miscarriage or stillbirth. How Kristen wasn’t charged or law looking for her for pushing her is a mystery maybe there were no witnesses idk? 

I feel like this show is legitimately exciting rn and like the turn some of the characters have taken. CM/JJ has been acting his ass off and I love seeing he give Eric and Brady hell. I have never liked boring Lani but intrigued by her weird friendship and bond w Kristen. I don’t care about Stefano it’s v heavy handed when he’s finally revealed he’s gonna look different or be brainchipped into someone. I kinda want when Gina’s portrait is revealed it’s just a mass of deranged squiggles. 

Also something strange that maybe part of a future plot point or may be dropped but Doug and Julie mentioned Doug’s Place was destroyed in a flood or fire. Wonder how that happened or is related to some of the other fuckshit going on. 

Yeah I'm definitely interested in the characters in not usually invested in like what going on with Brady and Kristen and the baby,JJ story definitely he works better as a dark character,will bring in prison and how he got there ect 

• Love 3

You mean to catch Kristen? JJ and Brady stated she wasn’t charged w anything but both concur she was at fault for what she did. Almost I wonder if they were fighting on the stairs after the baby passed? Anyways I can’t imagine Lani would make this her crusade her bigger axe to grind is w Gabi...who she still seems to be mad at “she should burn in Hell”. 

I could kinda see why Kristen would go into a rage blackout if her baby died if it was due to some sort of malpractice. Kristen has always been capricious AF ...felt first, thought last. Where the F was Rolf btw to save/bring back a DiMera tot or bystander causality who would cause smoke for DiMera? He stays sleeping on the job. No wonder he lives in a dank storage shed with discarded Ren Fair props. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

I did laugh how everyone had to talk to hide Kayla’s new main squeeze identity.

And that became especially ridiculous once they said she comforted her "new man" after Adrienne died. Justin was pretty much the only option, right?  I'm trying to think which guys would be the most upset over Adrienne and Justin's the only realistic option.  Even though Ron isn't above playing rapedeer games, we already know Jack was devoted to Jennifer the past year.  Steve hasn't been around and even if he were back, I doubt that's how they'd talk about him. Sonny's gay. So unless I'm missing someone, they pretty much gave it away there.

There are so many new sets.  Did they change studios?  If I didn't know they filmed so far in advance, I'd wonder if Corday won the lawsuit.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Gina said that 'her' house was destroyed by a flood as well so you might be onto something.

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And that became especially ridiculous once they said she comforted her "new man" after Adrienne died. Justin was pretty much the only option, right?  I'm trying to think which guys would be the most upset over Adrienne and Justin's the only realistic option.  Even though Ron isn't above playing rapedeer games, we already know Jack was devoted to Jennifer the past year.  Steve hasn't been around and even if he were back, I doubt that's how they'd talk about him.

Oh, I thought they were definitely trying to tease that it was possibly Steve.

• Love 5

This show is now so OTT. It has me wondering if it’s all one big dream that Jennifer is having. Nothing is normal. I know it’s Days of our Lives and it’s a soap but it seems everything is being laid on a little (a lot) thick.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

I definitely could see Kristin lashing out and Haley dying in the fall-out.  I'm kind of glad they are dealing with 'collateral damage' in a serious fashion.  I never felt like the midwife got the proper respect.  Nor Serena.  Paige and Will have gotten talked about but not the other two victims of Ben.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And that became especially ridiculous once they said she comforted her "new man" after Adrienne died. Justin was pretty much the only option, right?  I'm trying to think which guys would be the most upset over Adrienne and Justin's the only realistic option.  Even though Ron isn't above playing rapedeer games, we already know Jack was devoted to Jennifer the past year.  Steve hasn't been around and even if he were back, I doubt that's how they'd talk about him. Sonny's gay. So unless I'm missing someone, they pretty much gave it away there.

There are so many new sets.  Did they change studios?  If I didn't know they filmed so far in advance, I'd wonder if Corday won the lawsuit.

Well there was Lucas but he's not on the show anymore. Adrienne is pretty tame with the love interests she's only been with three men: Justin, Emilio and Lucas. 

Corday didn't win the lawsuit if he did it would've made bigger news. I do think that they took away old sets and repurposed some of them we haven't seen the Horton living room in a while.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4

I've been missing so much because of the Impeachment hearings and I live in rural hell so I can't watch online. Is John with Hope now? Is she supposed to be Hope or Princess Gina? Kayla is with Justin?! Is there a good recap webite where I can find out what has been happening all last week. This sucks! There are enough channels where they don't have to interrupt NBC for 6 hours a day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, msrachelj said:

Is John with Hope now? Is she supposed to be Hope or Princess Gina? Kayla is with Justin?! Is there a good recap webite where I can find out what has been happening all last week.

Hope is still "Gina" but everyone thinks she's Hope.  Hope was complaining about how crowded her house was.  I guess everyone and their mother and alt identity is staying with Doug and Julie.  Meanwhile, Marlena was invited to be on an international psychology panel so she has been out of town.  Since John felt he had extra room, he invited Hope to come live with him but no they're not together.  He's still with Marlena.  Gina's trying to change that.

Kayla is with Justin. 

I don't have a specific website to recommend but I've always had luck just Googling Days of Our Live recaps when I've missed a day.  Maybe someone else has a specific site they have a preference for.

• Love 4