Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I’m strapping in for this week and hope they reveal some shit. I don’t give a damn about Haley but want to know the context of how she died and howww Kristen skated and how Will killed Adrienne. 

I think John doesn’t think HoGina has feelings for him. Cuz why would Hope? And he has tunnel vision of “Doc”.  A person could pat his ass at Brady pub and say “hi!” while he was in line for their gross chowder at Brady Pub and he’d react not at all anxious to get back to her. 

Jack still works at Spectator since Jar Jar ran her Stefano being alive shit with him. I guess he can be an absent, ad hoc editor with his alien daughter while being by Jen’s side via phone calls and brief meetings. 

Justin and Kayla moved fast but we don’t know the play out. Also it’s an entire plot point to drive Steve as Stefano and Will plot. Ron doesn’t care he just wants “wow” or “wtf” reactions. Kayla’s actually kind and beautiful (even though she dresses like Reese Witherspoon in Pleasantville or Stepfordian) and is a horrible Doctor. She is an awful Doctor. I could see a man falling for her and her fresh face and great hair and warm personality. 

This show really needs Sami rn and I mean that. 

• Love 5

I think John does realize Hope has feelings for him and is flattered by it.  Not thinking he will act on it.  He didn’t even do anything and when Marlena walked in he was OTT even for him. His actions and weird laugh made him look guilty.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, worleybird said:

So Stephen Nichols has traded in his Patch for a bad (on-and-off) Italian accent?

Oh lord I came here hoping against hopes to find out he wasn't going to try that.  This is going to be painful

• Love 1

Really John?  DE is in "shambles?"  This show wants me to believe that "Mr. Shin and the board" were so far up everyone's collective ass in September that he swapped out CEOs if the thermostat in the Dimera living room was set too high.  But he lets Gabi run the company into the ground for A YEAR?!  Seriously?

Also, Gabi is one of the few characters that actually showed business skills before being elevated to corporate management.  Chadwick spent a couple of years playing chess with Stefano and being the baby of the family who just wanted to run a coffee house and then came back from getting shot all suited up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

No conjugal visits, I guess.

Did Gina say that Stefano is responsible for Adrienne's death?

When Justin was naming all of the people who live at the Mansion, he didn't mention Gabi and Arianna.  Where are they living?

Why does Ciara call Xander's locked briefcase a strongbox?

Happy Thanksgiving, Will.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

This show really needs Sami rn and I mean that. 

Yeah because it was a real joy to watch her eat the show when she used to be here.😐

Course I don't think any one character/couple should hog all the airtime either but this show never learns they take something popular and run it to the ground.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I don’t really want Sami eating the show again. She’s better in small doses.

Steveano is HAWT. He was looking all kinds of good in that suit. I’m liking him so far.

Yeah if I'm going to have to suffer through Sami I rather have it be in small doses sometimes its okay for characters to visit then leave after they wreck shop. They don't get overexposed and won't suffer long term damage like the regulars all have.

They surprised me with "Stefano" being all pissy about being in Steve's body.  I thought that was a nice touch.  But all of the clunky exposition?  Ugh.  It wouldn't have been a bad idea to reveal some of that information when it felt more organic to the conversation, because Kristian Alfonso was pretty bad at making most of that sound like a natural conversation.  

The citizens of Salem have seen so many people return from the dead, so I'm curious to see how they'll react to a previously-owned body.  

I wonder if Ron C lays awake at night trying to think of ways to put Ben in another situation where he gets to play The Hero, or they just come to him naturally.  

I love Ali Sweeney, so I could watch Sami 4 days a week if they'd let me.  There, I said it.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Really John?  DE is in "shambles?"  This show wants me to believe that "Mr. Shin and the board" were so far up everyone's collective ass in September that he swapped out CEOs if the thermostat in the Dimera living room was set too high.  But he lets Gabi run the company into the ground for A YEAR?!  Seriously?

Also, Gabi is one of the few characters that actually showed business skills before being elevated to corporate management.  Chadwick spent a couple of years playing chess with Stefano and being the baby of the family who just wanted to run a coffee house and then came back from getting shot all suited up. 

That is an excellent point about Mr. Shin--are we really supposed to think he wouldn't be stepping in if Gabi was doing such a horrible job?  I think this really comes down to it not being a true DiMera running the company--just my opinion.

Re: Clyde's wanting to kill Will--he wants to kill Will because Will knows about the kidnapping plot but he doesn't think he'll bring more trouble down on himself?  And I'm sorry, but Clyde is a man in his late fifties/early sixties and we're supposed to believe that Will, a young man in his late twenties, couldn't fight him off or grapple with the knife?  Then again, Clyde easily bested Aiden in a fight even thought Aiden was much younger and more muscular.  I guess the show only wants Ben to be able to fight Clyde and win.

• Love 9

Clyde probably feels his age will discourage prospective opponents. An old guy like him couldn't possibly do anything to them. Hardly.

Ben probably did the right thing. Will doesn't seem to be much of a fighter unless in survival mode.

Steveno is one good looking man. It was a nice touch that Stefano would have preferred a different body.

How are all those people living in the mansion? The grocery and alcohol bills must be high, along with the utilities and the good hot water supply.

At least John and Marlena did not discount the possibility of S being Stefano, once Sami was ruled out. No one calls before dropping by?

• Love 6

I was bored silly yesterday, anyone else? I just don't like John and Marlena enough to have them hogging up so many scenes. It's utterly ridiculous that Stefano (I refuse to acknowledge the Patch side of this scenario) still wants Marlena. They're both too old for this obsession business. And when it wasn't them, it was Kayla and Justin (don't get me started on this plot, although they are admittedly cute in love) or Ben and Ciara (enough said). Hoping for better today. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah because it was a real joy to watch her eat the show when she used to be here.😐

Course I don't think any one character/couple should hog all the airtime either but this show never learns they take something popular and run it to the ground.

Is CIN eating the show preferable? 

Sami injected a lot of vigor and drive in all story. Even tertiary characters or stupid AF stories she zapped energy into.  Also she’s missed with the Will and Marlena fuckshit and could ignite Kate’s stuff. And she’s a legacy character who is a legend. 

I feel the same way about Steve as Stefano as I do Hope as Gina. I kinda hate it and kinda like it depending on the scene. High key weird Steve/Stefano had no idea of his face for months. Who was shaving him and cutting his hair and putting gel and combing it without a mirror? He couldn’t feel his face or body and know they were much different? 

I’m glad Kayla isn’t moving into the Kiriakis mansion. It has like 20 people living in it. In HS my moms friend lived his parents mansion but said it wasn’t that big cuz if you have a dozen plus people and help it’s equivalent or worse to a normal person’s house. 

Clyde is absolutely disgusting and I hated seeing Will scared he’d be raped. Of course Ben who must be propped at all costs saved him. But I am high key tired of seeing rape intimidation and child abusers on daytime. B&B pushed the limits & beyond of my tolerance this year. 

Ciara and Ben would be talking through plexiglass walls and phone. I also think but have no evidence all that shit when visitors and felons meet is recorded. That’s not a given fact I just know a relative who went to prison didn’t want mail or visitors after a while since they said every thing mentioned was used against them or thrown in their face. 

• Love 7

Based on my copious knowledge from watching prison movies, lol, there's always a cache system in place where one prisoner is the "top dog." Clyde would never be second to anyone -- the question is, what did he do to define himself as the top dog? I bet it was ugly, whatever it was. 

P. S. Have I ever mentioned I also ran into the actor who plays Clyde at the LAX airport? He is VERY tall and imposing. But seemed very nice! (For anyone counting, that's TWO Days actors I've crossed paths with at LAX, lol.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

I was bored silly yesterday, anyone else? I just don't like John and Marlena enough to have them hogging up so many scenes. It's utterly ridiculous that Stefano (I refuse to acknowledge the Patch side of this scenario) still wants Marlena. They're both too old for this obsession business. And when it wasn't them, it was Kayla and Justin (don't get me started on this plot, although they are admittedly cute in love) or Ben and Ciara (enough said). Hoping for better today. 

I get that the actors need screen time, but their scenes have become so hammy. Drake is a sweet guy, but his acting is awful. And Marlena is beginning to channel so much of the Hattie character, I can't tell either apart. I miss strong independent woman she was years ago. Instead of  this stupid jealously mess, why not try to figure out what's going on with Hope. This stuff is so silly.

Edited by Sidney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Agreed.  When they started on that "Queen of the Night" crap I actually laughed.  It felt as if, for a moment, DOOL was going to do the geriatric version of "Twilight".

I know it won't happen because, reasons...... but just for once, when Hope is exposed as Princess Gina and Steve is walking around claiming to be Stefano, that instead of the whole town going crazy, men with nets would just scoop them both up and put them in padded cells until they regain their senses.  

Just like they would if Steve was walking around claiming to be Napoleon or Hope claiming to be a decent actor.  Nuts is nuts.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sidney said:

And Marlena is beginning to channel so much of the Hattie character, I can't tell either apart. I miss strong independent woman she was years ago.

I thought it was just me seeing so much of Hattie in "Marlena".  Wonder if it's just DH unintentionally letting the 2 character merge, or if it's scripted that way for some reason.

1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

P. S. Have I ever mentioned I also ran into the actor who plays Clyde at the LAX airport? He is VERY tall and imposing. But seemed very nice! (For anyone counting, that's TWO Days actors I've crossed paths with at LAX, lol.)

Was it you who met RSW at LAX?  If, so now that you've met father and son, maybe Jordan's next. LOL. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Was it you who met RSW at LAX?  If, so now that you've met father and son, maybe Jordan's next. LOL. 

haha, yes! I didn't even think of the father and son aspect! Well, I'm flying out there again this February - maybe I'll see Chrishelle on the arm of a handsome fella who is not Justin Hartley : )

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

When Will tore off his shirt to help bandage Ben and it was a serious moment but his abs, chest and arms were totally ripped. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2907090099f204773090

Chandler has been on a huge fitness regimen the past six months. He has posted some progress photos!!!!

Paul Telfer was on Dishing Days and commented on how great Chandler looks, and even admitted being jealous as the show's resident hunk. 

• Love 6

I am glad that others are seeing the Marlena/Hattie similarity. I posted a few days ago that when Hattie was talking to Eve, it was just Marlena in the prison jumpsuit. I don't see a difference. And, yes, John has just been hyper and giddy and acting goofy ever since Marlena got back. Cartoony is a better word and I don't like it.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I am glad that others are seeing the Marlena/Hattie similarity. I posted a few days ago that when Hattie was talking to Eve, it was just Marlena in the prison jumpsuit. I don't see a difference. And, yes, John has just been hyper and giddy and acting goofy ever since Marlena got back. Cartoony is a better word and I don't like it.

Well, considering the number of times Hattie has pretended to be Marlena, it's no wonder some of the "Marlena-ese" has leaked into Hattie's personality.  [Of course, the obvious answer is that DH just doesn't give a crap anymore and I wouldn't blame her at all]

• Love 4

OK Nicole is weeping and apologizing - AGAIN.  Eric is frowning, furrowing his brow and being judgmental - AGAIN.  Do we think things will go too far between Nicole and Brady - AGAIN?  Will there be secrets and a big blow up between Eric and Brady - AGAIN?  

If this is all they can do with these three characters why are they even there?

And another custody battle?  Not spoiled but I can see this play out:  Eric will demand Xander have no part in Mickey's life.  Sarah will loyally stick up for Xander.  There will be a VERY ugly hearing.  Xander will valiantly offer to bow out for the sake of Mickey.  There will be screaming and accusations.  Mickey will somehow almost die.  Xander will somehow save the day.  They will all be sprinkled with magic Christmas fairy dust and sing Christmas carols together while they all sit on the same sofa lovingly gazing at Mickey.

Why do people on these shows even bother to procreate if all they're ever going to do is use the child as an example of -  A . How noble they are (as in NOT using the baby to trap someone), B.  How they have been WRONGED, C.  How they can use the child as a bargaining chip because they are pissed at the other person.  

Oh, and I agree with all to other posters regarding Sonny's clothes.  Who the HELL sits around the house on Thanksgiving in a suit - especially when you are unemployed?  Do NONE of these people own loungewear (jeans, sweaters, even khakis and a sport shirt)?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Ciara got a nice tan over thanksgiving break.  I did laugh at Ben telling her he did not like her around killer Zander.   

I really want to know how Will killed someone.  He just doesn’t seem to have that in him. 

• Love 5

How the hell do you consider yourself even with someone who killed you? I knew Ron had something up his sleeve putting Ben and Will together.  This redemption story suck eggs.

• Love 8

I skipped all the Clyde/Will/Ben scenes because I'm just not interested, but I did did notice shirtless Will and I did appreciate it.

I loled at Rafe telling Evan Sonny had baggage and that he didn't want Evan to get hurt. Like damn!

Mickey continues to be adorable and she is the only reason I didn't fast forward through all the Xander/Sarah related scenes. I did still fast forward through most of them though lol.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I really want to know how Will killed someone.  He just doesn’t seem to have that in him. 

He shot EJ when he was 13-14 yeats old so he most certainly has it in him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

I was mildly annoyed that Ben was the hero - again. But then Will went and took his shirt off and I got over being annoyed. Whew!

hot golden girls GIF

Yeah I wasn’t mad at it. 👀 

stupid ass Ben being the hero yet again. But it was a situation he’s the cause of so deserves no ass pats. Can Sami or Kate just lit Ben or Clyde’s asses on fire already or blow them away?

Sarah’s hair and outfit looked really nice today. Very pretty and her waist looked snatched in that dress. 

Yeah Nicole and Brady are gonna bang. 

It’s going to be weird when “Steve” tries to sleep w Marlena “Queen of the Night.” 

I agree about John mugging and making weird faces which are worse than his usual “smell the fart” face. He did this weird half smirk tongue hanging out face at Mar that reminded me of an emoji or drawing I’d do on notes or cards. 

Eric is annoying.

its weird sorting out days time. Some people it’s the day after the TJ others it’s after Thanksgiving. Eric and Nicole act like just a day passed. 

Not related to that but also inconsistent, Justin said after TJ w Sonny on bench Adrienne thought they were fools to run on Thanksgiving while she was by a fire with hot rolls. Today he told Kayla running in the Turkey Trot was a tradition w her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Is CIN eating the show preferable? 

Sami injected a lot of vigor and drive in all story. Even tertiary characters or stupid AF stories she zapped energy into.  Also she’s missed with the Will and Marlena fuckshit and could ignite Kate’s stuff. And she’s a legacy character who is a legend. 

I feel the same way about Steve as Stefano as I do Hope as Gina. I kinda hate it and kinda like it depending on the scene. High key weird Steve/Stefano had no idea of his face for months. Who was shaving him and cutting his hair and putting gel and combing it without a mirror? He couldn’t feel his face or body and know they were much different? 

I’m glad Kayla isn’t moving into the Kiriakis mansion. It has like 20 people living in it. In HS my moms friend lived his parents mansion but said it wasn’t that big cuz if you have a dozen plus people and help it’s equivalent or worse to a normal person’s house. 

Clyde is absolutely disgusting and I hated seeing Will scared he’d be raped. Of course Ben who must be propped at all costs saved him. But I am high key tired of seeing rape intimidation and child abusers on daytime. B&B pushed the limits & beyond of my tolerance this year. 

Ciara and Ben would be talking through plexiglass walls and phone. I also think but have no evidence all that shit when visitors and felons meet is recorded. That’s not a given fact I just know a relative who went to prison didn’t want mail or visitors after a while since they said every thing mentioned was used against them or thrown in their face. 

I guess you missed the part where I said no character/couple should hog the show.😏 A good soap would be able to utilize everyone even those I don't care for I mean I used to be able to watch soaps live because they were still compelling even if they feature characters I wasn't that fond of. That's not the case anymore..

Regardless I respect Sami's place on the show and her impact but I don't like her... That being said if Sami stuck around long enough they would dumb her down for plot as well just like everyone else....

I rather have new writers regardless of which character is front and center but that's not going to happen.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

How the hell do you consider yourself even with someone who killed you? I knew Ron had something up his sleeve putting Ben and Will together.  This redemption story suck eggs.

No one in prison would be placed in a cell with someone they know, let alone someone who assaulted them. Also murderers have the plexiglass and corded phones.  Ron’s a true dumbass and lazy AF. 

Also I can’t confirm or deny they read the mail and listen too all the calls and visits, then throw it in their face or use it in parole hearings,  that’s just what I heard anecdotally. But believe it. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

No one in prison would be placed in a cell with someone they know, let alone someone who assaulted them. Also murderers have the plexiglass and corded phones.  Ron’s a true dumbass and lazy AF. 

Also I can’t confirm or deny they read the mail and listen too all the calls and visits, then throw it in their face or use it in parole hearings,  that’s just what I heard anecdotally. But believe it. 

I believe it too and pretty sure it was a plot on one of those law and order shows. 

Eric and Nicole need to make up.   That just have to. 

• Love 1

Good Lord, Nicole, have some self respect and stop groveling to that over-the-hill ragey Winnie the Pooh doll, you're better than that.  Not by much, I grant you, but pretty much anything beats Eric when he's in his Betsey Wetsey Rage mode.

So Papa Poopy Pants ends todays show by telling Sarah he has "conditions" on any custody agreement?  Does the Sainted One realize that she could tie him up in court for years, and if she got Victor involved, he could be counting sea shells by the sea shore on some deserted island by the end of next week?

Yeah, I know he's the baby's father and all but he's just such an annoying, ragewhispering asshole that I don't think he should be raising a houseplant, much less a human.  DOOL has a unique way of making the good guys pretty much completely unrootable far too often.

Speaking of unrootable, I was hoping that Ciara's hand would slip with that drill and she'd accidentally put it through her empty head, nat that there's be any damage to anything vital.   So Victor fires Brady but he has a sociopath with a great body and a brainless granddaughter with a penchant for serial killers running the place instead???  And it's GABI whose supposed to be the poor businessperson?

Isn't David a little too big to still be pushed around in a stroller, or is the kid maybe a secret drinker or something?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10

Remember when Eric gave up being a Priest because he couldn’t give up his anger at Nicole?  Good decision.  His words like ‘unforgivable’ make his so unattractive.   I would have thought killing Daniel would have given him some perspective. Disappointed in him.  

Big clue today: Xander wasn’t put in charge of Titan til after the Bristen Baby died (6months ago). Jordan was murdered a year ago.  I think it’s Will that is unfairly behind bars. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I guess you missed the part where I said no character/couple should hog the show.😏 A good soap would be able to utilize everyone even those I don't care for I mean I used to be able to watch soaps live because they were still compelling even if they feature characters I wasn't that fond of. That's not the case anymore..

Regardless I respect Sami's place on the show and her impact but I don't like her... That being said if Sami stuck around long enough they would dumb her down for plot as well just like everyone else....

I rather have new writers regardless of which character is front and center but that's not going to happen.

I didn’t miss a thing.

I said I wished Sami was back rn. And you stated she’d eat the show. And I queried if Ben and Ciara eating the show (which is the current situation) was preferable to her being on screen. I never said 5 days a week 💯 As you’ve posted many x, this show will be cancelled imminently so Sami might be good for the show swan song. 

Also I’m not gonna throw in wishes on the daily for new headwriters, new budget, a show pony, new directions whilst also screaming into the night that show is cancelled, over dunzo being tapered off not gonna exist in a year. Like those are contradictory. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4