Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is Billy making all of these bizarre bloated facial expressions during his scenes with Jennifer at the hospital? Her little prayer was almost nice, but then they panned up and he looked like he was holding in a fart.

How did Hattie and Eve get a wishbone in prison?

And voila - Steveno!

Well I guess this makes it easier for Stephen to play the part without having to wear that patch. Does this mean that in addition to getting his brain rewired, they installed a bionic eye?

Steveno! Good one.

• Love 3

What am I even watching right now???? Is this the oh so popular couple that was worth sacrificing Stabi?? Is this a joke? Are people blind???? Poor Taste???? And the rest.... I can't even the Stefano Storyline gets stupider & stupider with each passing day. 

I wouldn't have so much of a problem with Chabby if they left Stabi alone because they were pretty popular as well. Stabi vs. Chabby would be worth watching as opposed to Chad & Abitchgail ganging up on Gabi and her only line of defense is Eli, whose relationship she plotted against and when he finds out he's totally gonna let them hurt Gabi, he'll probably help! At least Stefan would play dirty for his wife no questions asked Chabby be damned. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

"The role of Stefano DiMera is now being played by Steve Johnson."  

Someone had to say it!  

😭 hoping there's a way out of this so that Steve can be Steve again some day. I don't care at all about Hope, lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

What is Marlena even talking about saying Hope “is rude and hostile”? PG is insincere maybe and clingy, but the only one who is rude and hostile has been Mar. 

JJ didn’t show up at his parents Thanksgiving cuz he knew Abby would be there. Getting high on a park bench in the cold would be preferable. 

We all saw this coming. I wonder if Steve has his Stephano chip he will try to seduce Kayla or Marlena? Since he’s mute maybe he traded his voice for the eye the way Ariel did for legs with Ursula. If he starts speaking in a stupid accent like HoGina I’ll be annoyed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well I guess this makes it easier for Stephen to play the part without having to wear that patch. Does this mean that in addition to getting his brain rewired, they installed a bionic eye?

My memory is fuzzy but early on in Steve/Patch story, the show had the character "fix" his eye or put in a false eye.  It didn't go over well so they reinjured his eye and put the patch back on. I suspect if this is Steve thinking he's Stefano (a la Princess Gina & Hope) and he eventually regresses to who he used to be, something will happen to his eye again.

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gabi and Eli are hot as hell together. Eli is the most interesting he's ever been to me right now. I pray they don't put him back with the charisma suck that is Lani.

I really liked Stabi but It has been a long time since I've seen a couple as aesthetically pleasing as Gabi and Eli.  They just look good together.  They're hot together.  So of course DOOL would bury any potential they might have by having her do this stupid "revenge" plot and skip any development with the time jump.

I do like how he challenged Abigail, but the story would be better with Stefan.

I actually enjoyed today. Except Justin, dude, I realize that the show is desperate to have everyone living in the same house and I don't think there is a "right" length to grieve but moving in together?  That's maybe a bit too fast. 

• Love 7

Is Jack actually doing a job at the Spectator, or does he just hang onto Jennifer all day long?

JJ is working?  I don't think I'd like to be treated by a medic who's tweaking.

Chad coming into the hospital room in the middle of Abby and Jennifer's conversation was awkward, like the staging didn't happen right.

Why did Gina keep Marlena's letters, and not just throw them away?

Is John really that oblivious?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rcc said:

Steveno! Good one.

Thanks - I've been sitting on it since July.

56 minutes ago, TeamGabi said:

Stabi vs. Chabby would be worth watching as opposed to Chad & Abitchgail ganging up on Gabi and her only line of defense is Eli, whose relationship she plotted against and when he finds out he's totally gonna let them hurt Gabi, he'll probably help! At least Stefan would play dirty for his wife no questions asked Chabby be damned. 

I agree that it's going to suck once Eli turns against Gabi, but I don't think I could bear to watch Stefan, even the nicer recast version, get up in Abigail's face after having raped her.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Eli will realize the sex is better with Gabi and Lani was too boring to live, so he'll stay with her even after the deception is revealed...? Please?

26 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Since he’s mute maybe he traded his voice for the eye the way Ariel did for legs with Ursula. If he starts speaking in a stupid accent like HoGina I’ll be annoyed. 

Poor Stephen Nichols has exactly 10 seconds to convince me to watch him try to pretend to be Joe Mascolo in the next episode. The odds are completely stacked against him, and he has my sympathy, but unless he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and nails the physical mannerisms and voice, this is going to be excruciating, insulting, and rage-inducing.

Between killing Will, constantly bringing back idiot Abigail, recasting Kristen - my beloved Kristen! - redeeming Ben and now recasting Stefano, the show has really stepped in it badly these last few years.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 11

I guess I won't care how Stevano sounds because I guess I feel Stefano wore out his welcome in the 90s.  I'm of the firm belief that pure evil villains need to have an end date.  They can only come back to cause trouble once or twice before it's too much. 

And I don't believe this is really Stefano. 

However, for the first time, as a spoiled person, I believed the hand we were seeing belonged to Stephen Nichols so that's something, I guess.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gabi and Eli are hot as hell together. Eli is the most interesting he's ever been to me right now. I pray they don't put him back with the charisma suck that is Lani.

I think Eli could be a much better character away from Lani but since they're the token black characters of the show they will end up being together by default. Would be nice if the show would infuse the RL personalities of Lamon/Sal into their characters but for some reason the show doesn't care to.

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

He could be a functioning addict or that's a cover story he tells people but his family doesn't care enough to notice so they won't suspect he could be lying?

You know a lot of the rumored spoilers that many brushed off have come true.... 

Regardless I was getting Stefan Cassadine vibes when I saw him today. 

I wished JJ was with his family today but I do like they wrote in the excuse that he's using work to distract him from the grief. 

• Love 3

Gabi has learned nothing from her last rampage of revenge that ended with her having regular sex with one of her targets and still hating the other one.

I hope Gabi goes down HARD for this, considering Stefan was a rapist who was never worth it and her victim Lani was doing her job and the one whose life was actually in danger did NOTHING to deserve being killed for it. I realize it’s popular to hate on Julie in these parts due to retconned history and thrown-under-a-bus Nick, but Julie did nothing to deserve her life hanging on a thread on crazy Gabi’s whims.

I hate Abigail, but Gabi is just as bad as she is now, and even worse, because Gabi is actively seeking to do harm to others because her peen got killed trying to obstruct justice.

And Stefan and Xander still both suck. I don’t care how “hot” their greasy selves are. They suck.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

"The role of Stefano DiMera is now being played by Steve Johnson."  

Someone had to say it!  

Hahaha!  This was what I'd read in the spoilers, but I was still sorta hoping Show would have gone even crazier and did the slow reveal that the Stefano brain chip had been implanted in ....... Julie!   I can totally see her pulling off the beard and psychotic behavior.  

8 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

😭 hoping there's a way out of this so that Steve can be Steve again some day. I don't care at all about Hope, lol. 

I agree.  I want Patch back, I didn't and don't want Stefano back, even if he came packaged as an Entemann's coffee cake.  Joe Mascolo is dead, let the character GO, Show.  Hope can stay as Salem's resident crazy lady, she's been more entertaining to me since she got her brain chip than she's been in years.

Good for Jennifer, apologizing to Kayla the way she did.  That was nice.  I wish Adrienne wasn't gone but I don't mind Kayla with Justin, at least not so far.  But AFAIC, he's only a placeholder till Patch gets control of his own memory.

Edited by boes
  • Love 15

That reveal at the end was epic.  I was spoiled but its been fun to read the tweets from folks who were not. 

Kayla is so beautiful.  It's so sad that she thinks Steve abandoned her.  She's cute with Justin but wait till she finds out what's happened to Steve.  Can't wait!

• Love 6

So Hope went in to her trust fund or severance pay or cop salary to buy a very expensive bottle of wine for John and Marlena? Hope?

Marlena sent John actual letters and not a text or email? She's that old-school to use paper and buy a stamp? HoGina saved them all? Why? So easy to say they got lost in the mail. Yeah, Hope, you have overstayed your welcome. Go to Julie's for a turkey burger.

I liked the Hattie and Eve scenes with Hattie getting Eve to be a little nicer. Jenn remembers Hope? Maybe go for some hypnosis to see what you really remember.

Steveno looks like a cleaned up better dressed version of Steve Johnson.

Too bad Evan conveniently had nothing to do on Thanksgiving. A lot of people don't have friends or family and spend the day alone with a small, simple meal. Convenient to get an invitation to a nice, extravagant meal.

• Love 7

That was a pretty sad Thanksgiving episode. A meager plate at the prison for Hattie and Eve, the tiny get together between J&J and Chabby and then only a few people being shown at the Kiriakis mansion.

No kids, no real multi-generational families getting together for the holidays and no real explosive drama as people get together. Yesterday's show had Eric revealing he was the father of Mickey. I am sure that would have been the most talked about conversation piece at the Kiriakis table and not Kayla and Evan being invited over by Justin and Sonny.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

That was a pretty sad Thanksgiving episode. A meager plate at the prison for Hattie and Eve, the tiny get together between J&J and Chabby and then only a few people being shown at the Kiriakis mansion.

No kids, no real multi-generational families getting together for the holidays and no real explosive drama as people get together. Yesterday's show had Eric revealing he was the father of Mickey. I am sure that would have been the most talked about conversation piece at the Kiriakis table and not Kayla and Evan being invited over by Justin and Sonny.

I thought the same thing. 

I love Kayla but she looked dressed for Easter vs Thanksgiving.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Marlena sent John actual letters and not a text or email? She's that old-school to use paper and buy a stamp? HoGina saved them all? Why? So easy to say they got lost in the mail. Yeah, Hope, you have overstayed your welcome. Go to Julie's for a turkey burger.

I was thinking the same thing.  And are we seriously to believe that they never ONCE called each other?  This "twist" is just stupid.  At least Marlena is using the Salem brain and notices that "Hope" is acting oddly.  Has Hope ever been a fan of good wine?  It's insane to think she's been running around Salem for an entire year and not ONE person has noticed she "isn't herself."  And them trying to make us believe she went back to her job as police commissioner is beyond ludicrous.  Now, I know, most of the police commissioners have been wildly incompetent of late but are we seriously supposed to believe not one person got suspicious when she didn't recognize several of the officers she had supposedly known for years or knew absolutely nothing about cases she worked on or even police procedure?  They couldn't have written her as simply taking a sabbatical?

I love Steve but HATE this story line.  Joe is dead and Stefano should be too.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and Eli will realize the sex is better with Gabi and Lani was too boring to live

942827920_DaveChappelle.gif.049272f72becb5cd037b475259a019c3.gif  

As hilarious as that would be it would likely never happen XD

Gabi & Eli have chemistry but not enough to sway me from Stabi. Almost though lol 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

It's insane to think she's been running around Salem for an entire year and not ONE person has noticed she "isn't herself."  And them trying to make us believe she went back to her job as police commissioner is beyond ludicrous.  Now, I know, most of the police commissioners have been wildly incompetent of late but are we seriously supposed to believe not one person got suspicious when she didn't recognize several of the officers she had supposedly known for years or knew absolutely nothing about cases she worked on or even police procedure?

Yes, yes and yes!!!

Just watched Tuesday's episode with all of angry Eric's stomping around. I'm sorry to say it but I'm on Team Eric. Sure, he came off looking a little unhinged but dude's only child has been in the custody of his worst enemy for a year all because the woman he knocked up lied to him about it, along with his would-be fiancee. Bizarre and awful, to say the least. Eric has every reason to have fire in his eyes and I won't begrudge him waking the baby up. The baby should have never been in that house. honestly, I'm surprised they didn't push it further and have Eric really lose it and storm out with the baby or call the police or Roman and Hope for backup.

In a weird way I think Greg's quasi-enraged quasi-calm performance muddled things. Either Eric had to be completely methodical or really on the edge and staring hot death into everyone's eyes.

I'm flashing back to Sami double slapping the lies out of Nicole's mouth about Sydney and feeling like Eric's reaction was equally as warranted and rather tame by comparison.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yes, yes and yes!!!

Just watched Tuesday's episode with all of angry Eric's stomping around. I'm sorry to say it but I'm on Team Eric. Sure, he came off looking a little unhinged but dude's only child has been in the custody of his worst enemy for a year all because the woman he knocked up lied to him about it, along with his would-be fiancee. Bizarre and awful, to say the least. Eric has every reason to have fire in his eyes and I won't begrudge him waking the baby up. The baby should have never been in that house. honestly, I'm surprised they didn't push it further and have Eric really lose it and storm out with the baby or call the police or Roman and Hope for backup.

In a weird way I think Greg's quasi-enraged quasi-calm performance muddled things. Either Eric had to be completely methodical or really on the edge and staring hot death into everyone's eyes.

I'm flashing back to Sami double slapping the lies out of Nicole's mouth about Sydney and feeling like Eric's reaction was equally as warranted and rather tame by comparison.

Got to disagree. But I covered why in the spoiler thread, so I won't rant twice. 😛

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

dude's only child has been in the custody of his worst enemy for a year

Pedantic alert but Sarah just found out she was pregnant before the leap so it was no more than six months since the baby would have been in Sarah's womb for over half the time jump.

10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The baby should have never been in that house.

Sarah lives there.  With her mother.  Of course the baby would be in the house.  Heck, even if Eric knew about the baby, it's possible they would have come to an arrangement where the baby spends more time with Sarah in the beginning if she's breastfeeding. 

13 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm surprised they didn't push it further and have Eric really lose it and storm out with the baby or call the police or Roman and Hope for backup.

Not that soaps follow the law but that could have gotten him arrested since he's legally not the father yet.  Sarah has a birth certificate and a DNA test "proving" its Xander's. 

• Love 7

Whew - finally caught up!

I'm so very happy that SN is back on Days.  The story will probably end up unsatisfying, as Ron's stories often do, but for now I'm along for the ride.

Kayla and Justin are cute together.  MBE is always gorgeous but since the time jump she's been glowing.

Gabi and Eli are hot, hot, hot!  I really do love them together, and yes he's 1,000 more interesting with Gabi than he ever was with Lani (and I say that as one of the few who doesn't mind Lani).

Hattie and Eve are fun together, and I'm enjoying Eve treating Abigail harshly even if Abigail is the only one who believes her.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

• Love 9
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Would be nice if the show would infuse the RL personalities of Lamon/Sal into their characters but for some reason the show doesn't care to.

It boggles my mind that Sal is so cute and charismatic in real life and somehow completely void of any charm as Lani.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Regarding John and Marlena wasn’t it mentioned there was no or spotty internet connection that’s why they were writing letters ?  Although John does seem like a love letter type of guy.  

If there was no internet there would be landlines.  I find it impossible to believe that they would not have set up a time for regularly scheduled phone calls.

• Love 4

Sonny was very sweet with Kayla but I kind of wanted more drama lol  

I don’t trust Evan. 

Marlena is on to Hope.  John didn’t do anything wrong but boy does he act guilty. 

Chad acted very strange visiting Jennifer.  

• Love 2

nuStefano is sooooo dumb. I guess it gives SN something else to do. Then you have KA as Princess Gina with her accent/no accent & horrible acting. This whole show is one big cartoon. I just can’t. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

nuStefano is sooooo dumb. I guess it gives SN something else to do. Then you have KA as Princess Gina with her accent/no accent & horrible acting. This whole show is one big cartoon. I just can’t. 

Yes! A cartoon. Perfect way to describe this show now. What a stark contrast between the show now and the classic clips from way back on the app! Hard to believe this show got its drama from good writing and acting with adult issues and themes. Those days (no pun intended!) are long gone. Sigh.

• Love 1

I don't hate, like some of you do, what's airing right now.  But, I agree, the Days I fell in love with was all about family, which is sorely missing these days. I know budget is a huge issue now, but we haven't even seen Gabi with her newly SORASED daughter yet.  Nor Abby and Chad's kids.   And, was that it for the Thanksgiving shows?  Hattie and Eve sharing one plate of turkey!  

About Steveno, it's campy and pretty stupid, but I presume Stayla are end game like J&J, so I'll just watch and roll my eyes for a while.  And I'll keep reminding myself, that we could be watching ROPE. Or even worse, someone searching high and low for an elephant statue that's right under their nose.  🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

About Steveno, it's campy and pretty stupid, but I presume Stayla are end game like J&J, so I'll just watch and roll my eyes for a while.  And I'll keep reminding myself, that we could be watching ROPE. Or even worse, someone searching high and low for an elephant statue that's right under their nose.  🙄

LOL, that's a good mantra to repeat: At Least It's Not Rope!

Though I fear that with no leading man in her orbit to rescue her, Hope will end up again with Rafe by default. God, I hope not....but Jordan's dead... bringing us back to square one. I won't feel safe from Rope until Rafe is married to Lani, as he should be....so they can stare robotically into each other's dead eyes until all humanity has been wiped from the planet.

It IS sad that there wasn't even one big dinner scene. I don't really care about Thanksgiving but it's nice seeing the families gather.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Does a memory chip mean you take on the individual's mannerisms?  At least the Show hasn't been stupid enough to establish that as a rule, and I'm not going to hold Stephen Nichols to that standard.  I'm curious to see what he's going to do with this nonsense, and I'm crossing my fingers and toes that he'll be an interesting villain.  

Billy Flynn and his ridiculous faces are turning into the train wreck I can't look away from.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It boggles my mind that Sal is so cute and charismatic in real life and somehow completely void of any charm as Lani.

They write the POC as nondescript and as non threatening as possible on soaps... course these days they do it for the white characters as well the ones that are the good guys at least. The bad guys get brains, charming accents and a personality.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They write the POC as nondescript and as non threatening as possible on soaps... course these days they do it for the white characters as well the ones that are the good guys at least. The bad guys get brains, charming accents and a personality.

That may be true, but Sal Stowers is just a really bad actress.  It is painful to watch her.  Lamon is the opposite, he is very engaging.

• Love 8

It’s sad no one really cares that Jordan was murdered.  Ben and Ciara only want to find the killer to free Ben.  At least Abby seems concerned that who ever hurt her mom is still out there and could harm someone again.  

• Love 8

I admit to not watching closely whenever the doppelgängers (Hattie and Bonnie) are on because I dislike those story lines, but it seemed to me that Hattie was at least a little different from Marlena in her mannerisms or the way she spoke. In the scenes with Eve in jail, it just seemed like Marlena put on a prison jump suit and said her lines the same way Marlena would. Am I right? 

Also, what is with Eve and Hattie sitting in a visitors room talking about their holiday dinners? Why do prisoners get to meet in a visitor room? I know they have cut down on sets, but that is just stupid. Same with Clyde and Ben. They should be meeting in the "yard" or in the cafeteria or wherever they eat - not in a visitor or lawyer's meeting room.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, bannana said:

That may be true, but Sal Stowers is just a really bad actress.  It is painful to watch her.  Lamon is the opposite, he is very engaging.

I agree she isn't very good I think if they recasted Lani with Mishael Morgan or someone like her I would've liked Lani a bit more(maybe). I agree LA/Eli is better.

• Love 5
On 11/28/2019 at 1:23 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Yes, yes and yes!!!

Yet Eric is paired with the woman who stole his sister's baby for a year but he does not care, but boy is he pissed about his baby not being with him for three months,.

• Love 13

I thought Sal Stowers did a good job portraying grief during the baby David story.  I'm not sure why she doesn't spark with LA, though - he is charismatic, funny and the best looking man on the show.  What's that old saying .... if you looked up sexy in the dictionary, there'd be a picture of Lamon Archey.

• Love 5

I haven’t liked Saliesha Stowers since she was on ANTM she was bland there too and wrongfully won (she had modeling experience plus a personal relationship w Tyra she went to her camp T Zone). 

Yes JJ needs to keep the scruff and messy hair. I’d also like to see Sonny change his look. It’s ludricrous he’s worn suits for year when he’s unemployed. Show needs to spend $200 at H&M or Top Man and get him some sweaters or polos and some jeans. I think it’d suit his body better too. 

• Love 5

And this may be the most petty thing I've ever written, but I wish they'd dress Chad more casually, too. He always looked great in jeans and a sweater/leather jacket way back. Only not the weird denim-look sweater/blazer he was wearing one day recently -- ugh. 

• Love 6
On 11/29/2019 at 11:30 PM, Petunia13 said:

she went to her camp T Zone

Oh lord....Tyra had a camp named T Zone??

🤣 Oh of course she did. She just didn't realize that's also the name of the patch of skin between your eyebrows and down your nose that are commonly greasy.

Because, Tyra.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh lord....Tyra had a camp named T Zone??

🤣 Oh of course she did. She just didn't realize that's also the name of the patch of skin between your eyebrows and down your nose that are commonly greasy.

Because, Tyra.

Oh, I'm sure she realized it lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

You know a lot of the rumored spoilers that many brushed off have come true.... 

Regardless I was getting Stefan Cassadine vibes when I saw him today. 

I wished JJ was with his family today but I do like they wrote in the excuse that he's using work to distract him from the grief. 

OMG I had same exact thought and was thinking I fell into a GH time warp

• Love 2
On 11/27/2019 at 5:00 PM, Irlandesa said:

My memory is fuzzy but early on in Steve/Patch story, the show had the character "fix" his eye or put in a false eye.  It didn't go over well so they reinjured his eye and put the patch back on. I suspect if this is Steve thinking he's Stefano (a la Princess Gina & Hope) and he eventually regresses to who he used to be, something will happen to his eye again.

I really liked Stabi but It has been a long time since I've seen a couple as aesthetically pleasing as Gabi and Eli.  They just look good together.  They're hot together.  So of course DOOL would bury any potential they might have by having her do this stupid "revenge" plot and skip any development with the time jump.

I do like how he challenged Abigail, but the story would be better with Stefan.

I actually enjoyed today. Except Justin, dude, I realize that the show is desperate to have everyone living in the same house and I don't think there is a "right" length to grieve but moving in together?  That's maybe a bit too fast. 

He became serious with his sister in law 3 months after his wife tragically died.  POS.  

• Love 1
On 11/27/2019 at 5:00 PM, Silver Raven said:

Is Jack actually doing a job at the Spectator, or does he just hang onto Jennifer all day long?

Chad coming into the hospital room in the middle of Abby and Jennifer's conversation was awkward, like the staging didn't happen right.

Why did Gina keep Marlena's letters, and not just throw them away?

Is John really that oblivious?

Nurse Jackie was the smartest person in the hospital!😊

• Love 1
On 11/28/2019 at 3:34 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Yes! A cartoon. Perfect way to describe this show now. What a stark contrast between the show now and the classic clips from way back on the app! Hard to believe this show got its drama from good writing and acting with adult issues and themes. Those days (no pun intended!) are long gone. Sigh.

Which app had the classic clips?