Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Wally Kurth did a great job today in a powerful scene with Will.

Ugh yes. He was so good. CM on the other hand was not great lol. He was much better in the scene with Kate though.

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm sad to say this, but I'm not really enjoying Paul Telfer's performance as the heartbroken Xander. I feel like maybe he's reaching a bit too far. Maybe his talents really are limited to being the sexy, sleazy bad guy.

This. I feel so much second-hand embarrassment watching him try to act, even through fast forward! He just puts on a wooby face that I can not take. I want him to go back to what he used to be so I can enjoy him again.

Listen, I don't even hate Sonny and I think FS is attractive enough but why the fuck is Evan so into him? It makes zero sense lol. This is why I feel like he's evil or has some kind of secret agenda or something.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SueB said:

I think they skipped a bit between yesterday and today. No scene of Marlena telling Xander, no scene of Justin talking to Ben.  

I can get that Marlena talked to Xander off screen, but Justin specifically went to see Ben, and all we saw was him and Will, which were well done scenes.

13 hours ago, tribeca said:

Maggie was excellent today if she would just leave her no good husband. 

It was such a shock to me when I came back to Days after my long hiatus, and learned that Maggie had married Victor.  And that she continues to stay with him after all he's done and continues to do. 

• Love 6

Some classic Jennifer& Jack scenes today-they were enjoyable, esp. Jack carrying her thru the door with his bad back 🙂  Nobody except Rafe is picking up on Hope acting absolutely weird & not herself!   I do love the scenes with Xander & baby Mickey...Paul Telfer seems to enjoy the scenes with the baby.  Eric continues to glower at Nicole...he even questioned the fact that she ever prayed, sheesh..

• Love 6

The idea of Rafe being the only smart person is town is really the Upside Down.

I agree.  The hell with what Eric wants.

Wow, Eric.  "Since when do you pray?"  What a hateful thing to say.

Nicole needs to cut Eric off, completely.  He's just an asshole.

Um Shawn and Belle are in New York.

"The woman called Eve" Is this guy an alien?

What has Shane been doing over the last year to help Eve?  Why hasn't he hired the best celebrity lawyer, and gotten his spy buddies to pore over the forensic evidence?

Why do they keep calling Xander's briefcase a box?

• Love 10

Ok, so I’ve been a Cin fan and don’t mind Ben’s “redemption.” However, Ciara pissed me off when she compared Ben to Bo at the beginning of their relationship. 
Then today, she has the nerve to call Xander a monster while talking to her serial killer boyfriend. Girl, bye. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 10

I like Eric and understand why he is anger. With the baby being sick it feels like Nicole is getting all the wrath.  Don’t get me wrong I find what she did horrible but why bring up things she did from 20 years ago ?  Imho Eric has also felt his faith was more important so as cruel as the since when do you pray it’s totally in character. 

Jennifer and jack were very sweet and romantic.  Jen wanted a big party 😂 

i think Hope is getting by because everyone close to her is too preoccupied with their own problems.  

Jen still doesn’t know how bad JJ is.  No matter what you tell the mother!  At least that’s what I always heard growing up.  

• Love 4

I don't think Ciara has thought things out, as far as getting Xander to confess to her. She has ZERO poker face when he asked if she knew anything about the lock on the box.

And she needed a bigger blouse - AND a white bra. Why is the wardrobe dept. mad at her and Sarah, making them wear black bras and white see-through tops? So tacky.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Well, it's not a great mark of a character, I guess. To hate the woman who gave birth to you and/or raised you. I think Sami and Marlena's strife started when Sami was a teen and walked in on her mom and John having sex, so Sami actually had a fairly good reason to have a hate on for Marlena. Her distaste for her mom was reasonable, considering the circumstances. But I think overall, soaps have always wanted their characters to grow beyond bratty teenage angst and forgive their mothers for their mistakes.  More's the pity, because a JJ/Jennifer feud redux would be angsty entertainment.

Yet people love Sami who pretty much blames every bad decision she makes on what Marlena did.. except me though go figure... 

I do think Jennifer vs JJ would be good and benefit both characters tbh. I mean Days is broke they should write character driven stories instead of trying to recreate the JER years with their K-Mart budget. ... at least back then you could get lost in the glossiness not so much now. They are much cheaper and easy to write if you care.. they don't care either so there's that.

However I think Hope/Ciara would've been much better off if they took my suggestion.... we wouldn't see Hope recreating the PG era badly and Ciara would have something going on with her instead of being all about her SK bae.

Doug/Julie would be there for both sides of the drama and circle back to how Julie had to deal with Hope as a teen. This is the type of story Julie should be in not her heart being booby trapped etc.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yet people love Sami who pretty much blames every bad decision she makes on what Marlena did.. except me though go figure... 

What goes around comes around because Will did the same thing to Sami when he was going through his own angst.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The idea of Rafe being the only smart person is town is really the Upside Down.

I agree.  The hell with what Eric wants.

Wow, Eric.  "Since when do you pray?"  What a hateful thing to say.

Nicole needs to cut Eric off, completely.  He's just an asshole.

Um Shawn and Belle are in New York.

"The woman called Eve" Is this guy an alien?

What has Shane been doing over the last year to help Eve?  Why hasn't he hired the best celebrity lawyer, and gotten his spy buddies to pore over the forensic evidence?

Why do they keep calling Xander's briefcase a box?

Eric did not even bother to ask about Holly.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

I thought the same thing.  In all of his stutterbarking about being kept from HIS DAUGHTER for six months, blah diddy blah blah blah fuckety blah, not once did he ask about Holly - we all remember, the kid he was so anguished about not being able to raise, the kid who he loved more than life, the kid that up until a couple of days ago, he was raising as his own.  Not only not a mention, but he was obviously leaving town without even seeing her, without assuring her that he loved her and that he'd be back.  If he'd done any of that, then Nicole wouldn't have been so surprised to see him leaving with his suitcases.  So b.s. on Eric loving Holly like she was his own, because when "his own" appeared, he dropped her like a hot potato.

Nicole made some good points and it looked like a few of them may have made their way through his giant blockhead, but she'd be much better off if she realized that Eric is an emotionally stunted, passive-aggressive douche canoe who gets off on emotionally abusing whatever woman is stupid enough to fall in love with him.  When he was spitting out to Nicole that the "two women he loved the most in THE WORLD" lied to him, did he ever stop to wonder why they felt so insecure, so second place in his life that BOTH women immediately assumed he'd dump them for the next thing to come along in his life.  At least Sarah didn't marry him, because even if things turn out well for Mickey, Eric will move on, sooner rather than later, and make sure to place the blame on somebody else.

He did kill Dr. Dan, though, so I can't be completely angry with him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 19

Ciara, you do need a bigger blouse - it's not a good corporate look when half of your girls are on display. And you do wear a nude bra with a white blouse. Sarah, too.

Xander having trouble opening his briefcase? The key doesn't work? You don't say. Hmmmm. Ciara, you could have said that the key fell out of his pocket when he was throwing half the desk around.

Gina calling Steffy to arrange a plane for her? Seriously? If it is DiMera tech, surely the last layer on the pixels would have shown Hope/Gina and no one would get to the last layer. Only Rafe is remotely suspicious? Like he has never seen Hope weird or change her dressing style or show no interest in her job. Hmmmm. Nope, no real change.

Ben, you got an early Christmas gift of a rat in your bed.

Jack and Jennifer were cute. She certainly walks a lot better now. Must have been working on the hospital's treadmill a few hours a day to get back to er, walking. Between being connected to the blood pressure cuff and sleeping.

Why do you put up with Eric, Nicole? He was throwing things at you from 20 years ago. Maybe tell him to give you a call when he grows up a bit. Once his own spawn came in to the picture, he no longer has time for the little girl he calls his own. Both you and Sarah are lucky that you did not marry him. He needs to work on himself a bit and get over his sanctimoniosity and railing off at women who don't worship him. Let him go to Boston or wherever. Once the novelty of his kid wears off, he will find another woman to blame with his issues.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Ok, so I’ve been a Cin fan and don’t mind Ben’s “redemption.” However, Ciara pissed me off when she compared Ben to Bo at the beginning of their relationship. 
Then today, she has the nerve to call Xander a monster while talking to her serial killer boyfriend. Girl, bye. 

The difference between Ben & Xander is that Ben's behavior was due to a mental illness, while Xander's behavior was due to being rejected by Uncle Vic. Completely different motives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Have we even seen or heard about Holly since the time jump?

About Eric, it pains me that he's written so poorly, as he was one of the first characters I really liked when I first started watching Days again.  Can't remember what was happening at the time, but it was summer 2014.  Shortly before the "elephant and diamonds" storyline, maybe?

• Love 5
On 12/12/2019 at 1:54 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Gah! I really need to start doing what some of you guys do and just let the stupid and the crazy roll off my back, because the minute I try to sit down and actually get into the nitty-gritty of a scene, I'm just so angry that anybody behind the scenes would green light it without giving it half as much thought as we do here. It's their show. Don't they care about it being kind of good?

Beautifully put, Disney.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Wally Kurth did a great job today in a powerful scene with Will.  It was very emotional & I really felt for both Justin & Will, and when he said that he still thought of Will as a Son, it really made me teary-eyed.  And again, Justin & Kayla bonding & supporting each other really hit home.  On the other hand, I am sick of Eric's glowering face, and how awful of him to swat Nicole away & act like he didn't care about her(thought she was the 'love of his life"), ugh.  Paul Telfer(Xander) plays the wounded, vulnerable guy so good...I was really feeling for him & glad Maggie was supporting him.

Oh yes, the Justin/Will scenes felt very true to life and very well done. As resistant as I am to any pairing of Kayla with someone who isn't Steve, I have to say these two actors are really selling me on the maturity and credibility of their 'second chance at love' romance. One of our best friends left a lovely widow who found her second chance a few years later and she does a beautiful job of honoring our friend's memory while building new ones with her new husband. I hope that's one road I dont' have to travel in real life. 

And I've had quite enough of that beautiful baby in distress -- way too close to home, Ron, dammit. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Oh yes, the Justin/Will scenes felt very true to life and very well done. As resistant as I am to any pairing of Kayla with someone who isn't Steve, I have to say these two actors are really selling me on the maturity and credibility of their 'second chance at love' romance.

Fun fact (or not), those two actors played hubby and wife in GH, although IIRC they hated each other.  It was a blackmail thing I think.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Yes, it was a crazy dramatic storyline. WK's Ned committed bigamy, marrying both MBE's Katherine and Rena Sofer's Lois. Lois was the one he loved, and Katherine he married for extortion reasons, but he was still having sex with Katherine. Lois had a great line when she found out about the bigamy, yelling something like, "How many times did you go from her bed to mine, or god forbid, from my bed to hers?"

WK and MBE had good chemistry (although he and RS did as well). That doesn't always translate from soap to soap because chemistry comes partly from character and couple dynamics - MBE and SN's re-pairing on GH failed, for example - but I can see it here between Justin and Kayla..

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

And I've had quite enough of that beautiful baby in distress -- way too close to home, Ron, dammit. 

I cannot watch anything with babies and children in distress, dying or being abused. Till this day, I could never re-watch Zack's death on youtube. Kristian who is not a great actress was just so damn awesome real and raw selling a mother's worst nightmare. Hope's scream upon finding out her four year old was dead, just killed me..

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

What goes around comes around because Will did the same thing to Sami when he was going through his own angst.  

Eventually he got past it Sami well into adulthood after being married and having kids of her own still blamed Marlena .... and I don't particularly care for Marlena either.

17 hours ago, Sidney said:

Poor JJ. He just seem like an afterthought.

Seems?! He IS an afterthought which is why he should've always been the black sheep of the Hortons. However he's a Horton so that's never going to happen at least as a long term thing.  When they had the character stop embracing his dark side it went downhill ever since.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

Have we even seen or heard about Holly since the time jump?

About Eric, it pains me that he's written so poorly, as he was one of the first characters I really liked when I first started watching Days again.  Can't remember what was happening at the time, but it was summer 2014.  Shortly before the "elephant and diamonds" storyline, maybe?

I think he and Nicole were engaged at the time and he was leaving the priesthood(although tbh he probably should've stuck with being a priest)

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Yes, it was a crazy dramatic storyline. WK's Ned committed bigamy, marrying both MBE's Katherine and Rena Sofer's Lois. Lois was the one he loved, and Katherine he married for extortion reasons, but he was still having sex with Katherine. Lois had a great line when she found out about the bigamy, yelling something like, "How many times did you go from her bed to mine, or god forbid, from my bed to hers?"

WK and MBE had good chemistry (although he and RS did as well). That doesn't always translate from soap to soap because chemistry comes partly from character and couple dynamics - MBE and SN's re-pairing on GH failed, for example - but I can see it here between Justin and Kayla..

The best part was the reveal where Ned threw Katherine a party and Lois jumped out of the cake and revealed she was married to Ned etc(that part was surprising to Ned and Katherine).  Back when GH was good and I missed the days when good characters like Lois could be fun, decent and interesting. She wasn't a pushover... sure she cried and hated Ned and Brenda(her BFF who knew about all of this) for betraying her but she also was proactive and made Ned work for it in winning her back. 

Now GH is all about Sonny/Carly/Jason and godawful. Nice characters like that don't exist on soaps because they're too boring to write for.... its all about the villain or the reformed villain who we're supposed to understand and sympathize with despite them being a murderer/rapist/sociopath.

Then these soaps wonder why people don't tune in like they used to..

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think he and Nicole were engaged at the time and he was leaving the priesthood(although tbh he probably should've stuck with being a priest)

Yes, yes, I remember now.  He went to Rome to meet with the Vatican about his future.  Eric was a new-to-me character, as I only remembered his half of "the twins" as always being in Arizona with the grandparents.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Yes, yes, I remember now.  He went to Rome to meet with the Vatican about his future.  Eric was a new-to-me character, as I only remembered his half of "the twins" as always being in Arizona with the grandparents.

Colorado but yes he was brought back around college age when Jensen Ackles played him he was a photographer who fell in love with Nicole who later dumped him for $5 million to marry Lucas(Kate also lorded her past over her head). I wasn't overly fond of Eric during the Rome thing either but at least his anger was equally balanced at the time.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

The difference between Ben & Xander is that Ben's behavior was due to a mental illness, while Xander's behavior was due to being rejected by Uncle Vic. Completely different motives.

Yeah, but I don't care. It just makes me cringe when she does stuff like that.  And who knows, we could find out Xander has mental health issues, too. 😂

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Colorado but yes he was brought back around college age when Jensen Ackles played him he was a photographer who fell in love with Nicole who later dumped him for $5 million to marry Lucas(Kate also lorded her past over her head). I wasn't overly fond of Eric during the Rome thing either but at least his anger was equally balanced at the time.

Of course, Colorado. Duh.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Don't forget he too hated John when he came back to town as a young adult blaming him for the end of Roman and Marlena's marriage.  I remember how Eric as an 8 year old did not react well when he had to leave John the only father he had ever known to go back to Roman and Marlena who were strangers.  The show hinted via Marlena that Eric was going to be the bad twin.  Like everything in life, plans changed and Sami became the bad one.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I always liked Rena Sofer — a real beauty. 

She’s on B&B and still stunning. Actually all the leads of the show are pretty attractive I guess that’s appropriate cuz of the name. Courtney Hope/Sally and KKL/Brooke are gorgeous too. 

I let out an ugly laugh this week when Ciara and others kept saying Justin was the best in the business. I’m not so sure that’s correct. Also why are they having that idiot Abigail being smarter than CIN? She’s at least open to the possibity Eve is innocent despite circumstantial evidence against her and her being convicted in a court of law, meanwhile there’s NO EVIDENCE against Xander and he wasn’t even tried yet they are positive it was him and only him in the world who would be guilty. 🤔 

• Love 8

It was pretty rich Eric threw Nicole’s past in her face this week and added the zinger “do you even pray?” with scorn when for all of last year when she was “dead” he made speeches on her saintlihood to anyone who’d listen ... even to the point of that public one at an event calling her a role model. 

Not even cape-ing for Nicole but he looks like an idiot with a very myopic view and binary thinking. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That describes Eric perfectly lol.

He chanted all over town to every ear for a YEAR she was a saint.  Now she’s a piece of shit and says she was always ethically repugnant. Is it always just A or Z? And I’m not saying this as a Nicole fan, which I’m def not, he just looks very stupid and kiddish. This is the man you stan Sarah? giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2904a8541be325fe3fa8

hard pass. Contrite and redeemed working hard Xander or Rex were better... and I said what I said and meant what I meant. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

He chanted all over town to every ear for a YEAR she was a saint.  Now she’s a piece of shit and says she was always ethically repugnant. Is it always just A or Z? And I’m not saying this as a Nicole fan, which I’m def not, he just looks very stupid and kiddish. This is the man you stan Sarah? giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2904a8541be325fe3fa8

hard pass. Contrite and redeemed working hard Xander or Rex were better... and I said what I said and meant what I meant. 

And yes, I realize she was only looking out for her best interest - but isn't it also somewhat repugnant to betray someone's confidences?  Even if she had been telling Sarah all along that Eric deserved to know, Eric wasn't going to give her even a tiny bit of credit for trying to be loyal to another person.  HE is the most important person and HIS FEELINGS matter more than anyone else's.  I really hate the way they write for the "good" people in Salem.  They are the reason people root for characters like Xander and Ben.

• Love 3

Yes, Sarah definitely should have told Eric that she was pregnant. But, once Nicole knew, I don't believe in the "it was not her secret to tell" theory. If you are in a committed relationship with someone and find out something that he should know, her loyalty should have been with Eric and NOT Sarah. It was Nicole's choice to, once again, protect herself.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Yes, Sarah definitely should have told Eric that she was pregnant. But, once Nicole knew, I don't believe in the "it was not her secret to tell" theory. If you are in a committed relationship with someone and find out something that he should know, her loyalty should have been with Eric and NOT Sarah. It was Nicole's choice to, once again, protect herself.

I agree. There are some secrets that aren't yours to tell and you should keep your yap shut.  There are other secrets where the party has the absolute right to the truth no matter who it comes from. In which case give the other person the heads up that if "you don't tell I will," and hopefully they'll take that burden off your shoulders, but if not, step up.

This kind of reminds me of when Mimi knew that Claire was Shawn's.  A little different in that even Belle didn't know.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Especially since Nicole later admitted that she didn't tell Eric because she was afraid that he would leave her for Sarah and not because she thought it was Sarah's secret to tell.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I mean, I understand why Eric is mad at Nicole and he has every right to be. She did a really shitty thing. But Eric is just such a fucking asshole so I find it hard to ever root for him, even when he's right lol.

Same for me.  He's just such a constantly whining, whisperbarking, nasty little drama queen that I'm surprised he doesn't drag a cross behind him everytime he stomps out of the apartment.

Maybe the real reason Nicole didn't tell him is because talking to him is always such a chore, unless the subject is how somebody done him wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, boes said:

Maybe the real reason Nicole didn't tell him is because talking to him is always such a chore, unless the subject is how somebody done him wrong.

I admittedly have never really seen much of Eric/Nicole's 'great' romance but I truly did not understand why Nicole gives a shit about him. It seems to me that when she's with him all she does is cry and feel bad about herself. Maybe he's really good in bed. It just doesn't seem worth it though lol.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I admittedly have never really seen much of Eric/Nicole's 'great' romance but I truly did not understand why Nicole gives a shit about him. It seems to me that when she's with him all she does is cry and feel bad about herself. Maybe he's really good in bed. It just doesn't seem worth it though lol.

That's because there never was one it was mostly revisionist by this show. I would say in the 90s they had more credibility until Nicole took $5 million from Kate to marry Lucas(she did lord her porn past against her at the time but still..) however Eric did cheat on his then GF Greta with Nicole who lied about having cancer. Eric back then had more of an edge and wasn't as sanctimonious as he is now though. Then Eric left town and Nicole as a character to me really took off and could stand on her own, drive story etc. We got more of a backstory with her and her brother Brandon(then it was revealed Abe was her dad etc) for a whole decade Nicole had her own storylines etc that had nothing to do with Eric. She bounced from Brady and EJ for a good part of the decade. They were better matches for her guys with an edge and she didn't cry as much. She got to be snarky and a fun drunk.

She has more onscreen romantic history with Brady than Eric but the show pretends otherwise..

• Love 2

Such ungrateful creations.  I suppose it was only a matter of time before Stefano threw Dr Rolf under the bus but I wonder if he thought it would happen this quickly.  Hopefully, Stefano really can hide Rolf before the police get to him.  And Gina has the audacity to question Dr Rolf's loyalty.  Harumph.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

At least they used the bribing for admission to college as blackmail to the poor sap who had to superimpose Rolf on the video. Wouldn't the dude ask for proof that it was Stefano DiMera calling? He's been um, dead, for quite some time. It could have been anyone pretending to be him.

So Shawn and Belle are in NYC and Hope is flying to Hong Kong to spend the holidays? What? Not St. Moritz? The peasants of Salem are pretty dull indeed. Hope should be in touch with the DA, and if Trask is still DA, she should be arranging for Eve's getting out of jail, and not going to whine and wail to Steffy.

Where is Ciara going to find a box of crap to take to Xander to show that she was honest about not drilling in to his case?

Clyde, you do do evil well. Such a smart, creepy man and very well played.

Will, maybe it is time for a divorce so Sonny can move on, at least for a while. Nice of Ben to warn him about Clyde but Ben should be focusing on himself.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Where is Ciara going to find a box of crap to take to Xander to show that she was honest about not drilling in to his case?

She should walk into the writers room and just take a box of scripts.  She could fertilize roses with the crap they're churning out.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4