Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

I believe it too and pretty sure it was a plot on one of those law and order shows.

My relative went to prison, not jail but prison... and they told family to stop sending mail or visiting cuz everything said was thrown in their face and repeated to them and hindered them. 

• Love 2

So Will and Ben are sort of even now? Did like Will taking off his shirt to allegedly stop the wound from bleeding. And Clyde is going to solitary confinement where he will get even angrier.

Ciara, does Amazon Super Prime deliver stuff within a few hours? Is Salem a wish fulfillment city with same day delivery? Xander is not going to notice the different case, that his lock combination won't work?

Eric, didn't all that time in jail for running down Daniel teach you anything? Yes, you can be mad at Nicole for keeping Sarah's secret but it was Sarah who should have told you about the kid. Not Nicole. And Nicole, why do you want Mr. Sour Pants? Eric cannot go and give orders to his baby mama. He needs to talk to her in a calm and reasonable manner to work out some sort of win-win arrangement. Xander doesn't deserve to be the step-parent? Seriously?

Rafe, what is your interest in your manny's love life? You pay him to take care of the baby - that probably should have been put in to foster care.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Eric cannot go and give orders to his baby mama. He needs to talk to her in a calm and reasonable manner to work out some sort of win-win arrangement. Xander doesn't deserve to be the step-parent? Seriously?

I'll say it again: YOU KILLED A MAN*, ERIC. SHUT THE FUCK UP! And have a zillion-billion seats. Ahem!

*Yes, the man killed was a PITA and blech, but hey!

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Rafe, what is your interest in your manny's love life? You pay him to take care of the baby

Let Rafe realize he is gay! That way, if Hope EVER returns, she won't go from the toilet back to the sewer, so to speak.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Let Rafe realize he is gay! That way, if Hope EVER returns, she won't go from the toilet back to the sewer

Where did you come up with that expression? Ha!

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yes, the man killed was a PITA

And here's another one! What does PITA mean?

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Where did you come up with that expression? Ha!

And here's another one! What does PITA mean?

1. Came up with it all on my own since Princess FakeGina AND Rafe suck equally!

2. PITA: Pain in the ass.

You're welcome.  🙂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

I wasn’t impressed when Will ripped off his shirt.  It was so gratuitous.  I’m sure Ron enjoyed it, though.  Shocked he couldn’t find a way to have Ben rip off his shirt.

LOL.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I wasn’t impressed when Will ripped off his shirt.  It was so gratuitous.  I’m sure Ron enjoyed it, though.  Shocked he couldn’t find a way to have Ben rip off his shirt.

But was Will's shirt removal any more gratuitous then Xander or Ben's muscular flexing or Ciara's and Gabi's excessively tight outfits?  I think the show thinks that if they show us enough eye candy, we'll forget about the strange writing/storylines.  It's not working :)

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, boes said:

Speaking of unrootable, I was hoping that Ciara's hand would slip with that drill and she'd accidentally put it through her empty head, nat that there's be any damage to anything vital. 

I was hoping she'd accidentally deflate her cleavage. Honestly, it's all you could see whenever she was on screen. And how is it that she's gotten ten times worse as an actress since she's been on this show? I can't take her at all -- now I know how many of you felt about Abigail. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did Victor refer to Mickey as Brady's kid when he was talking to Xander, or did I totally misunderstand their conversation?  

Hmmmm......I heard him say to Xander that Eric was the father but didn't hear anything about Brady in that context.

But to be honest, I only half listen most of the time when old Grumbleguts is going on about pretty much anything.

• LOL 6

Really? I always perk up when Victor's on screen.

1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

And how is it that she's gotten ten times worse as an actress since she's been on this show? I can't take her at all -- now I know how many of you felt about Abigail. 

It's The Smug. Though she has it bad with regards to Ben, Abigail has it bad with regards to everything.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I'm sorry but did Kate just warn Abigail about Gabi being too ruthless?  This from a woman who has done things as equally horrible as anything Gabi's done?  

And if Kristin really is sorry for her actions against Haley then she should be doing everything in her power to be making amends and not hiding in a convent, pretending to want to take vows.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm sorry but did Kate just warn Abigail about Gabi being too ruthless?  This from a woman who has done things as equally horrible as anything Gabi's done?  

Won't watch the episode till tonight, but as I recall Kate helped Gabi try to break up Chabby, didn't she? 

• Love 4

Why does Abigail have such awful hair. When I saw her at the pub I was thinking Kate Mansi didn’t have time to go to hair and makeup and they just started taping. Whereas Gabi looked amazing. Maybe, Kate Mansi needs to get to the studio earlier. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Why am I not getting DOOL today?  There is a break in the Impeachment hearing, and at 1:00, I check the TV & I am getting an episode of "Access Hollywood"!  At 1:00 I should be getting DOOL.  Ugh, how annoying, now I don't even know how many episodes I have missed, or are they all showing up on "On Demand"?  Is anyone else seeing today(Wed) episode?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why does Abigail have such awful hair. When I saw her at the pub I was thinking Kate Mansi didn’t have time to go to hair and makeup and they just started taping. Whereas Gabi looked amazing. Maybe, Kate Mansi needs to get to the studio earlier. 

It looks like she hasn't washed her hair in a long time. Lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Let Rafe realize he is gay! 

Honestly, when I realized that Evan is apparently a live-in nanny combined with Rafe warning him about getting with Sonny, I started to wonder if maybe they were gonna go down an Evan/Rafe route lol.

4 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did Victor refer to Mickey as Brady's kid when he was talking to Xander, or did I totally misunderstand their conversation?  

My sister thought this too, but I'm pretty sure he said Mickey is Eric Brady's kid.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, boes said:

Isn't David a little too big to still be pushed around in a stroller, or is the kid maybe a secret drinker or something?

He'd only be a little over 2, so I think a stroller is still normal.  Now today, with JJ popping all those pills, and being unsteady on his feet, I think he could use a stroller!

5 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

now I know how many of you felt about Abigail. 

The absolutely strangest thing has happened, but I'm not hating KM's Abigail these days. To be honest, I like having J&J and their 2 kids in Salem, even though we haven't actually seen the grandkids yet.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

My sister thought this too, but I'm pretty sure he said Mickey is Eric Brady's kid.

Ok, maybe that's what it was.  I always watch with the captions on, and I know I saw Brady's kid but perhaps the captioning was being glitchy and left out the Eric part.  

For once, I actually regret deleting the episode.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Did JJ just grab any random pills, or did he know what he was stealing?

That's what I was wondering.   Maybe he could tell by looking at them, but he just seemed to grab them randomly, so he could have taken blood pressure pills, diabetic pills, etc.  I know we shouldn't try to make sense of what we're watching. LOL

It's kind of funny that in all of their conversations, neither of these "nuns" mentions God even once.

I just think it's funny we never see anyone else. But I guess no money in the budget for "extras". 

Roman and Kate have such great chemistry.

They do, don't they. Wonder if they'll pair them up?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

But was Will's shirt removal any more gratuitous then Xander or Ben's muscular flexing or Ciara's and Gabi's excessively tight outfits?  I think the show thinks that if they show us enough eye candy, we'll forget about the strange writing/storylines.  It's not working 🙂

I rolled my eyes when Xander was walking around without a shirt for like, three months.  But this thing with Will — sheets, pillows.  Could’ve grabbed one of those instead of ripping off his shirt.  So damn gratuitous.  

Then seeing people all over the internet turning into a cartoon wolf with their tongue rolling out of their mouth just because will now has abs.  Just made me roll my eyes some more.

• Love 3

Maybe Kate and Roman will get together again. They might as well. 

I keep wondering if Sister Mary Moira will turn up and knock some sense into both of those women.  Seems like she should.

And, yes to JJ just grabbing random pills from the cart. Good luck with that. I hope none of them induce labor!

Edited by Retired at last
stupid auto replace
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I didn’t miss a thing.

I said I wished Sami was back rn. And you stated she’d eat the show. And I queried if Ben and Ciara eating the show (which is the current situation) was preferable to her being on screen. I never said 5 days a week 💯 As you’ve posted many x, this show will be cancelled imminently so Sami might be good for the show swan song. 

Also I’m not gonna throw in wishes on the daily for new headwriters, new budget, a show pony, new directions whilst also screaming into the night that show is cancelled, over dunzo being tapered off not gonna exist in a year. Like those are contradictory. 

Except you made it seem that I preferred Cin hogging the show as opposed to Sami. No I don't but I go through the show much faster I can FF them since they're in scenes with each other as opposed to people I like.  Sami is a better character obviously but like all the other great characters on this show she'd be dumbed down to move plot along at some point or she probably wouldn't have any scenes with her family or worse they'd probably have her waxing poetic about Ben... 

3 hours ago, buffynut said:

The absolutely strangest thing has happened, but I'm not hating KM's Abigail these days. To be honest, I like having J&J and their 2 kids in Salem, even though we haven't actually seen the grandkids yet.

Probably because Abigail hasn't really been a focal point and there's so many other WTF things going on that are far worse... I do like that Abigail has a job and is doing something outside of her love interest.. a pity Ciara can't do the same yeah she has a job but its all about Ben. 

I don't blame JJ for being bothered Jennifer/Kristen are suddenly friends I liked their friendship once upon a time but honestly sometimes you just can't go back...

I think Kate was JT Roman's best pairing(that's not saying much) but this show won't ever tie Kate down with a long term love interest and lets face it Roman can't keep her interest for that long. He wouldn't accept her for who she truly is either. Maybe when the show ends I could see it. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The worst thing about these hearings is having to watch the show on line or on demand and not being able to ff PG scenes. The second hand embarrassment is so strong for me with KA’s atrocious accent and acting. I know I keep harping on it, but that’s how traumatizing it is for me. 😂

Idon’t even mind the commercials and I NEVER watch live tv just to avoid the commercials. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

The worst thing about these hearings is having to watch the show on line or on demand and not being able to ff PG scenes. The second hand embarrassment is so strong for me with KA’s atrocious accent and acting. I know I keep harping on it, but that’s how traumatizing it is for me. 😂

Idon’t even mind the commercials and I NEVER watch live tv just to avoid the commercials. 

I have Comcast OnDemand and I can FF parts of the show I don't like the commercials sadly  those I can't but I just mute them and read a book.

2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I have Comcast OnDemand and I can FF parts of the show I don't like the commercials sadly  those I can't but I just mute them and read a book.

My on demand doesn’t let me gg anything if they disable the feature which they always do lately. 🙁

• Love 1
On 12/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, DaphneCat said:

OK Nicole is weeping and apologizing - AGAIN.  Eric is frowning, furrowing his brow and being judgmental - AGAIN.  Do we think things will go too far between Nicole and Brady - AGAIN?  Will there be secrets and a big blow up between Eric and Brady - AGAIN?  

This wash, set, repeat scenario with these two is beyond ridiculous and lazy writing.  Is this all he/they can come up with?  I know this is a soap, but is it so inconceivable to show a heroine tell the truth about this situation.  Why can’t that be the drama?  The agony of wondering if Eric will stay or slowly drift towards Sarah.  Include Holly in the scenario.  Will he continue to be in Holly’s life?  Why not explore something different than the same ole Nicole keeping a big secret from Eric that if exposed will cause heart breaking consequences?  It does not seem logical that she would keep this from him considering all the drama they have been through with each other.  How many times have Eric and Nicole swore they’d never forgive one another? 

I had hoped for so much better from my favorite DAYS couple.  Sadly I’m not getting it.  I know this is not a popular opinion on this board, but at least I’m getting satisfaction from my 2nd favorite couple, Ciara and Ben. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I agree that Kate has no room to talk.  She has done some awful, awful things.  But I do agree with her about Gabi.  I can't even watch Gabi's scene's right now.  She is such a vindictive, hateful bitch right now.  I'm not excusing Kate's actions but she does her dirty work with a bit more style and elegance.  Gabi just comes off as a mean brute.    

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It's kind of funny that in all of their conversations, neither of these "nuns" mentions God even once.

Kristen is maybe part of the Cloister of the Church of the Poisoned Mind.  Lani is part of the Church of How do you solve a problem like a dull Lani.

Still no sign of other nuns or a Mother Superior breaking in to song.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Abigail, please brush your hair or take a flat iron or other device to make it look like you bothered.

Poor Princess Gina having to deal with Abigail and her going through the police files used to convict Eve of throwing Jennifer off the balcony. Funny how the restaurant or elevator or building entrance had no security cameras.

Kate seems to like the simple waitressing life. She and Roman make a good pair.

Chad, you can't fly commercial? Going all the way to Rome is expensive via private jet. Wonder if JJ will stow away on the flight.

Kristen, running off to Rome and becoming a nun and trying to do good deeds? Really? And Lani having a new 'commitment' to forget Eli?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I wasn’t impressed when Will ripped off his shirt.  It was so gratuitous.

Muscular men going topless is a soap staple that has been around since the 80's.  It's the one genre created for the female gaze (Or gay male gaze).  At least Will going shiftless served a story purpose unlike Xander walking around topless in a house where half the town lives.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

This wash, set, repeat scenario with these two is beyond ridiculous and lazy writing.  Is this all he/they can come up with?  I know this is a soap, but is it so inconceivable to show a heroine tell the truth about this situation.  Why can’t that be the drama?  The agony of wondering if Eric will stay or slowly drift towards Sarah.  Include Holly in the scenario.  Will he continue to be in Holly’s life?  Why not explore something different than the same ole Nicole keeping a big secret from Eric that if exposed will cause heart breaking consequences?  It does not seem logical that she would keep this from him considering all the drama they have been through with each other.  How many times have Eric and Nicole swore they’d never forgive one another? 

I had hoped for so much better from my favorite DAYS couple.  Sadly I’m not getting it.  I know this is not a popular opinion on this board, but at least I’m getting satisfaction from my 2nd favorite couple, Ciara and Ben. 

That's too character driven for this show....I think Eric/Nicole could use a different type of story how about he screws up and lets see if she can forgive him? Or how about they deal with something else entirely them trying for a kid of their own either through surrogacy or Rolf's super fertility drug.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

How about he screws up and lets see if she can forgive him? 

That's happened twice that I can remember.  She vowed never to forgive him for accusing her of being a rapist.  And of course when he killed Daniel.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Still no sign of other nuns or a Mother Superior breaking in to song.

Well, sadly, Anna Lee (Lila Quartermaine, GH, Mother Superior in The Sound of Music) is no longer here to oblige!

• Useful 2
51 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, sadly, Anna Lee (Lila Quartermaine, GH, Mother Superior in The Sound of Music) is no longer here to oblige!

Peggy Wood played that part in the movie, did Anna Lee do it on stage?

I remember her, though, in the "How Green Was My Valley" movie, playing Bronwen.

36 minutes ago, boes said:

Peggy Wood played that part in the movie, did Anna Lee do it on stage?

I remember her, though, in the "How Green Was My Valley" movie, playing Bronwen.

My bad! I thought that was her role. But, per Wiki, this was her actual role in the movie:

She had a small but memorable role as Sister Margaretta in The Sound of Music, one of the two nuns who thwarted the Nazis by removing car engine parts, allowing the Von Trapps to escape.

14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Was thinking this myself. Do drug addicts just grab any ol pills because that seems insane?

14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They must let just about anyone into a nunnery these days! Kristen Dimera? Not good press for an already dicey Catholic Church!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Have to watch on my phone! Only have unlimited cell data! (never move to the boonies people!) Not good on my eyes but at least it's there. Yes, having to wait through the commercials suck. Good lord, Kristen Alfonzo is already a pretty shitty actress but she CAN NOT make this princess Gina crap believable! 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Muscular men going topless is a soap staple that has been around since the 80's.  It's the one genre created for the female gaze (Or gay male gaze).  At least Will going shiftless served a story purpose unlike Xander walking around topless in a house where half the town lives.

Yes, I know.  But I’m still allowed to think that will ripping off his shirt (and the reactions to it) was ridiculous.

• Love 2

Man oh man, but Sarah and Xander are remarkably nonchalant regarding their conspiring together to keep Eric from his baby.  Sarah's supposed to be a heroine right?  And Xander is the reason Mickey was kidnapped but he doesn't seem too concerned about it because he wants to be able to stay in Sarah's good graces.  Are we supposed to be on their side because I'm not.   Nicole is conveying more guilt for her role in the cover up and she's one of the town's villains.

So Abs' been a reporter for a month now and she's suddenly a hard-hitting journalist who's only after the truth?  An actual journalist with integrity would step away from a story involving their own family citing a conflict of interest but Abby's not exactly known for her integrity is she?  :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

"I was going to say the mother of his child, but she's even worse than Nicole!"

I love you Kate.

I also love scenes where people lie to Abigail.

I really want to enjoy everything happening with Xander right now, because I'm sure he'll be evil again soon enough and then written off for another couple of months, but the show never did the work of having Sarah reach a conclusion that Xander's past didn't invalidate his potential to be a good person. It's like she's always vaguely aware that he's crazy and homicidal, but just shrugs it off. Woman's a Doctor. I would think she wouldn't put her baby in the hands of someone with his record unless there had been some event proving his worth or some momentous decision reached allowed her to justify it in a solid way. Of course no judge would advocate for Xander to stay in the baby's life! I'm not even sure how the board members at Titan haven't quit and thrown their hands up in disgust now that Xander is running the place. But I'm supposed to buy into Sarah disagreeing with Eric's belief that Xander is a danger to Mickey?

Please show, don't put Brady and Nicole back in bed together.

I'm really surprised at how hard the show is pushing for Eric to forgive Nicole already. I thought they would drag this out for months with Nicole being dumped on.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

"I was going to say the mother of his child, but she's even worse than Nicole!"

I love you Kate.

I also love scenes where people lie to Abigail.

I really want to enjoy everything happening with Xander right now, because I'm sure he'll be evil again soon enough and then written off for another couple of months, but the show never did the work of having Sarah reach a conclusion that Xander's past didn't invalidate his potential to be a good person. It's like she's always vaguely aware that he's crazy and homicidal, but just shrugs it off. Woman's a Doctor. I would think she wouldn't put her baby in the hands of someone with his record unless there had been some event proving his worth or some momentous decision reached allowed her to justify it in a solid way. Of course no judge would advocate for Xander to stay in the baby's life! I'm not even sure how the board members at Titan haven't quit and thrown their hands up in disgust now that Xander is running the place. But I'm supposed to buy into Sarah disagreeing with Eric's belief that Xander is a danger to Mickey?

Please show, don't put Brady and Nicole back in bed together.

I'm really surprised at how hard the show is pushing for Eric to forgive Nicole already. I thought they would drag this out for months with Nicole being dumped on.

They’ve mentioned that Xander delivered the baby (some drama we’ll see in flashback I guess). That combined with sheer quantity time in baby duty where Xander was responsible/good/caring, are probably enough to convince Sarah that Xander is a good ‘dad’.  Now add that he put in a confession to save Mickey - an act that no one watched him do, so there’s no ‘for show’ - I sense a sincere conversion of heart    Within limits.  He’s now so attached to Sarah/Mickey he’d kill for them in a heartbeat.  So Xander is not remotely ‘in the clear’ but he’s made a solid step in that direction IMO.  I totally accept he could backslide rapidly.  

• Love 9

OK so apparently the only time show wants us to remember that Eric used to be a priest is when he's leading prayers making deals to save Marlena's life.

When you enter the priesthood - YOU GIVE UP ON THE IDEA OF HAVING CHILDREN.  Either Eric willingly gave up on children or he lied to join the priesthood.  I get it that his priorities could change once he's out, but to make it sound like he NEVER gave up his desire to have a child just screams manipulation. Yes, he gave it up.   Also, as a priest, didn't he preach FORGIVENESS?  He accepted that he could be forgiven for killing someone while drunk and going after his brothers' (yup, both of them) girlfriends, but the MINUTE someone does something against HIM it is unforgiveable.   Because it's all about him.  I really don't understand why everyone always says what a great guy he is - he's rigid, unforgiving and self-centered.

• Love 14