Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Wouldn't it be awesome if when Days finally ends, it was a version of the Alfred Hitchcock Hour the crazies take over the asylum?

Sadly I think that’s already happened. It’s the only explanation for why the sanctimonious Hortons are roaming the streets, parks, and town square spouting their self-righteous ‘my poo doesn’t stink’ mantras.

Is Gagby in for a major fall or are we just witnessing unprecedented levels of propping and coddling? I can't tell.

Oh I so hope so. If we are sitting through this ‘poor vulnerable precious Abby’ crap for nothing I’m going to be really POed. I won’t be satisfied with this SL till a video of her mistress begging is broadcast all over the hospital and Abby is reduced to publicly admitting how bad she wanted EJ’s junk.

Will is such a worthless disloyal backstabbing bastard. If/when Sonny is written out I hope he leaves town with another man and takes Ari with him. 

That would be great, but I think I’d rather see Will leave town and get him off my TV screen.  Time for Sami to disown him.

I think Will writing this story may backfire on all of them.  Will is going to trash Sami, that will get other reporters interested, and they will start digging up all the crimes these people have gotten away with, including Will.

Will is so stupid if he thinks bringing more attention to the story isn’t going to bring Abby’s role to light. If Nicole wants to do something useful for once she will write o a counter story and expose Abby. Bonus points if Will’s career is ruined for the snowjob story he reports.

• Love 3
(edited)
Once Sami is gone from the show, I picture everyone just sitting around having boring speculative conversations. Sami might not always do the best thing, but she does move things along...

They really do need to figure out what they're going to do. It's not that nobody can replace Sami's function as a plot catalyst and mover, they have actors/characters who are perfectly capable of it. But they're not well-positioned.

Kate needs to be moved out of the boring Jordan/Rafe SL - it's just dragging her down.

Victor needs a storyline, if John Aniston is physically able to work more.

Theresa is nearly written into a corner; Nicole has been written into a corner. The show needs to fix that.

Eve is, weirdly, in the best shape currently, despite the OTT nonsense about her past and how evil she is to take money away from the veterans, but the stuff that's likely coming - falling for Dan, her and JJ having sex - is going to bog her down.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 3

That's a new boy playing Chase (or, whatever Aiden kids name is), right? I actually liked the first kid. He seemed very sad & tour turned in the role of a boy without his Mother. I guess TPTB thought otherwise. LOL!!!!

• Love 1

I suppose I wouldn't expect everyone to come down so hard on Abigail because she's well-liked (for whatever stupid reason -- even Sami seemed to hold her in high regard, which is probably why the infidelity stings even that much more), but I figured people would want to question why Abigail might have found it unproblematic to get in the middle of EJ and Sami's "bad romance." I think my first instinct would be "uh, EJ is obsessed with Sami at all costs. You had no chance of him ever loving you, so why would you want to stick yourself into the middle of that?" I think that's the question that would cross my mind, since no one seems capable of thinking that Abigail could have casual sex. Clearly, no one gossips as much in their mind as I do....

• Love 3

That's one of the things I think Abby's family should be talking to her about. Morality aside, it was one thing to mess with Austin and Carrie, entirely another to mess with EJ and Sami. Austin wasn't a murderous mobster obsessed with Carrie and Carrie isn't a murderous hellraiser like Sami. Anyone with a healthy sense of self-preservation - emotionally, physically, psychologically - would stay far far away.

• Love 7

Everyone kowtowing to Abby in this isn't necessarily her fault, this is true. For me, as much as she seems to be taking responsibility, she always follows it up with this passive-aggressive 'You don't hate me?' to whomever she's talking to and that takes the shine off big time. It makes it feel like she's only taking responsibility as a means of getting people to kiss her ass for it all. 

A part of me wishes it were more overt manipulation on her part... I could at least get behind that a bit as a means of using her Holy Horton-ness to get excused for her despicable behavior. And if she was sincere then saying thinks like 'You mean, you don't hate me?' with this hint of a little girl whine completely wipes it out and makes her seem kind of... dumb. As it stands, this all comes across as rather cowardly...

Fine, let all of Salem decide that she hasn't done a damn thing to be ashamed of or whatever... but why can't anyone question her as to WHY she did any of it? Why can't anyone ask anything of her instead of immediately going 'EJ must have made you, it's all his fault, you didn't do anything wrong and Sami's totally out of line for being upset about this.'

I don't even get that.

• Love 8

I’ve found the entire SL to be pointless and a waste of time.  TIIC knew AS and JS were leaving back in January 2013.  They had Sami and EJ have the same fight over and over again about Kristen/Eric, it went nowhere, and then they reconciled without resolving anything.  They had AS, CB, and BB extend their contracts to do the same Nick/Gabi/Will SL again.  EJ’s cheating SL was in limbo for months with nothing happening.  Now Sami is going after revenge, and already everyone, except Kate, is telling her to stop when so far all she has done is tell the truth, and turned evidence over to the police against EJ which is real (Sami didn’t frame him).  What’s the point if nothing interesting is going to happen, there are no consequences, and the characters just have the same argument again and again?

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the dialogue is being given to Abigail to take some responsibility, but I do find the acting somewhat insincere. I don't think there's a writing problem there, but I do feel there's a bit of an acting problem. Anything Abigail says always seems so fake-y, so I assume the line delivery is a problem. When she was talking to Sonny, she reminded me of when she was talking to EJ and she hoped he'd tell her she didn't suck as a person -- and even EJ was all "What do you want me to say, Abigail??" It kind of seemed like Sonny was having the same reaction, which is why anything Abigail does is sort of funny.

Maybe there isn't enough rehearsal time, but anything Abigail says comes off sort of surface-y seeming. Like, she's going through the motions of saying her lines, but there isn't much feeling there (i.e inner conflict or guilt). The only feeling I see is one of relief that nobody hates her.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I don't even know what the point of having the boring twit in the SL was.  The acting is horrible, but she's not facing any consequences either so she is doubly pointless.

Everyone telling Sami and EJ how horrible they are is nothing new.  Since Sami was the wronged party, it could have been interesting to see more people supporting Sami (like Caroline did).  In the end though, Sami and EJ at war with each other is nothing new, and the writers can't even let them go all out to destroy each other.  Since this is AS and JS exit SL, they could have done a lot better especially since they had the time.

• Love 2

I've loved AS in her scenes recently. I saw her face go through a gamut of emotions talking to EJ yesterday and that's not something I ever thought I'd say about Sami. I'm also feeling a bit badly for EJ -- why hasn't he once said, "it was for YOU, Samantha!" Well, maybe because that'll sound as lame to her as it just did to me, lol. I was delighted that Johnny came in talking about cupcakes to bring Sami squarely back down to earth. 

I like Rafe with Kate. I'd love to see that come back around -- maybe he'll have to protect her from Stefano when his wrath is inevitably turned on Kate. 

And does anyone else hear Clyde channeling Levon Helm (from the Band) when he talks? That same low, raspy voice in a familiar cadence. Eh, maybe it's just me (note my screen name, lol). 

• Love 2

That's one of the things I think Abby's family should be talking to her about. Morality aside, it was one thing to mess with Austin and Carrie, entirely another to mess with EJ and Sami. Austin wasn't a murderous mobster obsessed with Carrie and Carrie isn't a murderous hellraiser like Sami. Anyone with a healthy sense of self-preservation - emotionally, physically, psychologically - would stay far far away.

Yes!  I can’t believe no one has chided her not realizing what the Dimeras could do to her.  When Rafe came between them, EJ and Stef had him locked in their basement for months. I realize EJ hasn’t been very bad ass lately, but any fool should know that when you have an affair with the mob boss’s son, they don’t always just break up with you, they get rid of you for good.  I think Abby and family should thank their lucky stars that Abs isn’t’ floating down the river and shut their uprighteous mouths up.

• Love 2

Since this is AS and JS exit SL, they could have done a lot better especially since they had the time.

Given how craptastic JS has been the past year or so, I don't think he deserves a better exit story. He just needs to go away. Now, I don't think AS is any better an actor, but at least she puts forth an effort and she's a long time, popular character. She deserved more. Even a non-Sami fan like me was rooting for her to pull one over on EJ, but all the screeching and making a non-entity like Abby the focus of her rage lost me. 

I was looking forward to something better, but if they're just going to isolate her like this, I just want her gone, too. It's clear that the show has no interest in having Sami come to terms with her past shitty behavior, adjusting herself accordingly, repairing relationships, and becoming a better person before taking her kids off to who knows where to live happily ever after. Why do that when they can just have her scream and  make threats? I suppose there's still time for all of that, but I don't see it happening.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the writers could have done a better job with the exit story, given how much of a heads-up the actors gave them. The actors gave them ample time to come up with something. But maybe the writers don't know how to write a good story. Or maybe they were hedging their bets JS and AS would stay. Or maybe there's too much interference coming from somewhere. While apparently someone on this show loves the word "naked."

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Why bother to write an entertaining SL when you can just have "Naked" and "Whore" thrown around all the time?

If they had to do Sami and EJ at war with each other again before they left, they should have had it be WAR.  The boring twit is a waste of time, and she is not in their league.  To team Sami and Kate up for this, and then have it go nowhere is so annoying especially since AS and LK have been giving it their all.  When I think of Sami and Kate destroying the Dimeras, I don’t see them having the same boring conversations/arguments with various boring Salemites.  Sami shoots people, Kate poisons people, Kate sent Sami to death row for a crime she didn’t commit, Sami shot EJ in the head.  It started out great, and then like the toss notdead Nick in the river SL, it turned lame.  To make it even worse, everyone is telling Sami how horrible she is for getting revenge, and she hasn’t gotten to do anything.

• Love 3

Please tell me JJ not stopping when Paige told him to is foreshadowing something worse.

If Nicole wants to atone for her sins she could start by accepting full responsibility for what she did and not blaming others.

• Love 1

Don't forget the word "slut." That's a another biggie. Judging by the overall quality of the plotting, I think someone also loves the words "Martini," "double rocks" and "expense account lunches," but those get said during the writing process, rather than as part of its results.

Every time I see Clyde, I think James Read must miss Patrick Swayze.

• Love 3

I've never used either of those words against anyone in my life, and I think it's especially bad when women say them to other women.  The show needs to stop it or keep it extremely rare.  But Nick calling Abby EJ's whore to her face, when she had no idea he knew, was magnificent.

• Love 2

If they had to do Sami and EJ at war with each other again before they left, they should have had it be WAR.  The boring twit is a waste of time, and she is not in their league.

Wow. Okay. LOL.

(edited)

I still remember when Another World had to get special permission from NBC's Standards & Practices so that Cass Winthrop could call Cecile de Poulignac a bitch on daytime tv. Where, oh, where are the S&P folks now?

And nothing involving Nick was in any way magnificent. Ever. Especially not his capacity for name-calling. Sorry, but: no.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

What a boring Friday episode. Nothing is barely worth mentioning which I can see from the discussion today, today's episode wasn't really much worth of anything since barely anyone is talking about it.

IDK what the hell JJ was thinking when Paige said stop and he goes all, "I'm a guy, I didn't hear you, I get going." That's scary and an immediate red flag, looks like we could be revisiting Kayla/Jack.

Nicole was looking very haggard and what was up with the Dan flips in her hair? Her and Jenn are both just hypocritical bitches sitting at the table squawking away.

• Love 5

What a boring Friday episode. Nothing is barely worth mentioning which I can see from the discussion today, today's episode wasn't really much worth of anything since barely anyone is talking about it.

IDK what the hell JJ was thinking when Paige said stop and he goes all, "I'm a guy, I didn't hear you, I get going." That's scary and an immediate red flag, looks like we could be revisiting Kayla/Jack.

Nicole was looking very haggard and what was up with the Dan flips in her hair? Her and Jenn are both just hypocritical bitches sitting at the table squawking away

Oh don't worry about jj-if abby can get away with sleeping with ej and not getting blamed for it, jj would be in the clear-mommy and sissy would say he won't take advantage of someone like that and blah,blah,blah...I thought that was a jerky scene- no wonder she got up and left so quick...he was more concerned about buttoning up his shirt and even then he seemed more concerned about the fact that she left instead of focusing on why she left...

There was a lot of Jennifer looking  and sounding stressed this episode (but more about Eve than Abby), and it was too much for me, so I gave up on the episode. I wonder if MR sounds like that in real life....

(edited)

Yep, Friday's show wasn't much.  But then I remember that because of the pre-emption the week before, this was actually a Thursday episode.  I wonder how long we'll have of the Friday shows being a bit of a dud.

We had another episode of Jenn being either a sharp-toothed, bug-eyed shrew as she was with Nicole, or being the wide-eyed, long-in-the-tooth fake-sweet Baby Jane Hudson she was with Maggie and Daniel.  Nothing different from what we see every time she's on.  

Nicole is on my shit list these days - though less so, simply because the people she hurt are such dimwitted asses - but Jenn's attitude to her was provocative for no good reason.  Sure, Nicole's apology was lame and less than heartfelt, but she didn't go to Jenn to snark at her.  But Jenn had to tell her that she was SO busy and SO upset and didn't have time for her, and that she didn't believe her anyway.  If she was really SO BUSY etc., then she should have just nodded okay and let Nicole walk away.  Instead this woman who is so damn busy had to goad her into turning nasty (not a stretch for Nicole, I grant you), so now Jenn can add "Nicole was mean to me" to her list of martyrdoms.  Then she runs over to tell Maggie that the lawsuit is going to be in the paper tomorrow - like that's some sort of big deal???  Maggie's worried about Brady, just got back with Victor, but of course Jenn thinks that everyone not only should be but is primarily interested in her drama.  Same old bull with that mutant every day.

I'm afraid of where they're going to go with this JJ thing.  JJ has been shown to have a short fuse, but if they turn him into a third-generation rapist.......I just hope not.  Please, showrunners, don't go there.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I continue to think JJ will wind up doing it with Eve.

There has to be a reason for that stupid Eve music and the weird way they keep looking at each other...

I think JJ will be charged up for sex or whatever, and then one night he's alone with Eve.....

• Love 2

I agree.  The whole JJ/Paige scene was weird.  I do not see JJ as a rapist, and I thought it was odd that Paige treated him as one.  Once she made him hear her, which took 5 seconds, he took no for an answer.  I think JJ is going to overreact now - note the heavy handed anvil of the close up of Jack's picture.  He doesn't want to hurt Paige so he's going to take care not to.  But one night his animal needs will get the best of him and Eve will be there......

Sami's relentless assurances that she will destroy Abby's life while simultaneously alluding to the fact that Abby is beneath her wreak of a woman who is terrified that Abby actually had a shot with EJ.

So for everyone who is confused by KM's acting choices....double that for me with AS' acting choices.

That is why no one in this town is rallying behind Sami.  Her hatred is weird and over the top.  Sami doesn't scare me....she's pathetic.  I'd cheat on EJ just to piss her off too.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I do think Sami believes that EJ and Abby had some weird "love connection." In that sense I don't find Sami's reaction  baffling, and I do think the idea that Sami thinks EJ had feelings for Abigail is supposed to be there in the storyline and in the writing. Therefore,  I do think AS has conveyed what the script intended her to play -- the dialogue seems to  indicate that Sami thinks EJ really did have some kind of affection, if not love, for Abigail's cupcakes -- both implicitly and explicitly. EJ also freaked when Johnny started talking about Abigail being the best at cup-caking, because he knew what any woman would  automatically assume from that kind of conversation.

I think Sami knows Abigail consensually slept with EJ, and may have even gone for what she wanted, but I don't think she knows that Abigail literally begged EJ to take her on as a mistress. So right now I think Sami's assumption is that EJ slept with Abigail because he has feelings for her (since Sami knows it happened more than once, and EJ wasn't smart enough to use birth control. If my partner wasn't using birth control, I think my default assumption would be that he has feelings for the other lady). Edited to further add: Sami also doesn't believe EJ when he says he really wants her. She keeps assuming that he's lying. The fact that she won't believe him does make me think that Sami;s reaction is one of believing that EJ really did have feelings for Abigail. I think that's what we're supposed to be taking away from the storyline.

Like the rest of Salem, I  think Sami actually respected and admired Abigail (would someone explain to me why everyone admires Abigail? I get the respect part, not the admire part. She's not feeding orphans in Ethiopia or anytng). Therefore, I do think Sami believes EJ could have had the same reaction to her, in terms of holding Abigail in high regard plus being attracted to her. Plus Abigail is young  (didn't Sami say "those thighs" -- funny dialogue, but whatever), which would prey on the insecurities of anyone who is older than Abigail and has done the same on Sami.

Ultimately, then,, I think Sami's reaction  and AS's acting is in line with the dialogue she's being given.

Edited to add:

I think no one is rallying behind Sami because everyone simply thinks the best of Abigail, which makes sense to some degree, but none of the other people on this show have taken lightly to being cheated on either (didn't Hope go on some wacko medication, mug a bunch of men, and almost kill Bo over his infidelity with Carly?  Jack raped Kayla. So far, Sami's reaction isn't that bad...she's just talking a lot, because, uh, that's what you do when something like this happens, but has yet to inflict any real damage....)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sami's relentless assurances that she will destroy Abby's life while simultaneously alluding to the fact that Abby is beneath her wreak of a woman who is terrified that Abby actually had a shot with EJ.

Bingo! Carrie all over again.

So for everyone who is confused by KM's acting choices....double that for me with AS' acting choices.

I cracked up at the scenes between her and Caroline. She is so over the top. I can never take her seriously. Whoever did her make up that day needs to be fired. Sami looked like an raccoon around the eyes.

Edited by Sidney

Funny how Sami and AS' acting choices can be explained by the dialogue SHE'S been given yet Abby and KM's cannot.  KM's fake delivery of lines is about as annoying as AS' batman voice and rat face anger.

Every word Will said to her was true.  Every.word.

Sami is the queen of rationalizing her bad behavior and being the least self aware person on the planet.  Good to see she will never change.

I think people are rallying around Abby because they realize that Sami is being 50% ridiculous.  She's allowed her anger.  She's allowed to be obstinate and rude and to tell EJ to go fuck himself.  But her constant declarations of "I'M GOING TO DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!" are ridiculous and eye roll worthy.  From where I sit the reason no one is supporting Sami is because they all know that Abby is no match.  She's beneath Sami in every way.  So the fact that Sami is spending so much time making sure everyone knows she'll take her down is like watching someone set off a bomb in their house because they saw a spider.  Sami is being over dramatic about it.  Which is saying something considering she has the right to be dramatic about it.

• Love 2

Did I read somewhere that Eileen Davidson's return was to air on July 25? No sign of Kristen this week. Maybe it was all a bad dream.

Unfortunately, the bad dream is still to come.  Her first scenes are this Monday.  Everything got pushed back a day due to the pre-emption the week before last due to the crash in the Ukraine.

From where I sit the reason no one is supporting Sami is because they all know that Abby is no match.

People are taking Gagby's side because she's one of the sainted Horton's. That's the only reason.

• Love 9
(edited)

Funny how Sami and AS' acting choices can be explained by the dialogue SHE'S been given yet Abby and KM's cannot.  KM's fake delivery of lines is about as annoying as AS' batman voice and rat face anger.

All I did was give  my reasons for why I think Sami is under the impression that EJ does have feelings for Abigail. I DO think Sami views Abigail as some kind of threat (basically an agreement with what you were saying about Sami believing Abigail had a shot with EJ?) which is why I think she had the fantasy of EJ and Abigail making out at the altar, and I also think that's why she doesn't believe EJ at all when he says he wants only her.  Honestly, I wouldn't believe him either. When someone does sleep with someone, the assumption I'd make is that they do have feelings for the person (especially if they forgot to use birth control and nearly got her pregnant!) Abigail also overheard the conversation between EJ and Sami while she was in the shower, so Sami is also under the impression that intimacies about their relationship was shared with Abigail (which usually annoys most girlfriends and wives as much as the sex itself). Abigail knowing certain things about EJ and Sami's relationship would also give off the impression that EJ has feelings for Abigail. Sami doesn't know that EJ would try to put a stop to Abigail talking behind Sami's back or would get offended when Abigail took it upon herself to say Samantha's name in a certain way or make certain assumptions about Sami, but Sami DOES know that Abigail knew what was going on in their private conversation, and I think that would alarm any wife or girlfriend.  Abigail knowing certain private facts about EJ and Sami's relationship  combined with he fact that EJ nearly got Abigail pregnant would probably make me view her as a threat of some kind too.

EJ nearly broke through to Sami, but that spell was immediately broken when Johnny came in talking about Abigail's cupcakes, and reminded Sami of the possibility that EJ could have feelings for Abigail's cupcakes. EJ himself looked like he was on the verge of telling Johnny to shut up, because he knew what Johnny was saying would lead the wife to overestimate what EJ was thinking about Abigail.

I think Sami is overestimating what EJ feels for Abigail (if he feels anything at all), but I don`t think it`s strange that she would. From the outside, it does kind of look like EJ either had feelings for Abigail (especially with the pregnancy plot) or that he wanted to have his cake and eat it too (have a wife AND the other lady  and her cupcakes too).

I`m only talking here about what Sami is assuming about EJ and Abigail, not whether her actual plan to destroy Abigail (if she actually gets around to doing it) is reasonable or not.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5
(edited)

Forgot to also mention:

Another reason I think AS`s acting aligns with the dialogue is that Sami is actually doing what she`s saying. She isn`t saying she`s going to forgive Abigail , or asking whether she`s a good person, or asking other people for validation of what she`s doing, and then doing something else behind Abigail`s back. She's clearly telling everybody she hates Abigail's guts and acting in alignment with that. The motive isn`t good,  but she isn`t doing what Jennifer is doing, who tattled on Nicole because she was upset about her friendship with Daniel but claimed it was solely for Eric`s well-being. There isn`t anything ulterior with what Sami is doing -- she`s doing exactly what she`s saying she`ll do in clear-cut terms. She's outright saying she wants to make the people who wronged her pay. There`s a transparency there -- if anything, everybody is being given a heads up.  No one is saying Sami is a good person with great character who everybody respects and admires, and neither is she. She referred to herself as a liar and "vile piece" of something or other when she was talking to EJ in jail.

When Sami is gunning for somebody, everybody knows. The other characters aren't sincere enough to offer the same heads up when they hate somebody's guts or want what that person has.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 9
(edited)

I don't think Sami believed EJ either when he said it was over.  There were several instances where Sami caught them together which probably seemed very suspicious once Sami got the pics from Nick.  It doesn't help that EJ lied when Sami confronted him either.  I can see how it would look like to Sami that EJ was planning on marrying her because of the children, and still keeping Abby on the side.  For over eight years, EJ has been lying to Sami so why should this be any different?  Of course, that right there is why Sami never should have given EJ a chance in the first place.  I wish the idiot writers would move the SL along, and EJ would have more charges filed against him from the other evidence Sami and Kate gave the police.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

Everything got pushed back a day due to the pre-emption the week before last due to the crash in the Ukraine.

Since they write 5 months ahead, we can assume we'll be off schedule for 5 months?

No. I think with a pre-emption it is hard to fix within a week's time.  The Kristen promos for this week were airing so they probably just let them be.  In the long run the show usually makes up the difference so that the specific holiday shows air on the correct date. 

While Will is exposing Sami's past misdeeds and crimes I bet he will conveniently forget about all the things she's done while trying to help him. I bet he will also forget about how multiple people have helped him get away with attempted murder and refused to turn him in to the cops. I hope this little hatchet job of his backfires and destroys his chances of becoming a legitimate respected writer.

Well, he is a Horton so are we really that surprised by his disloyalty and hypocrisy?

• Love 3
(edited)

The main people that helped Will with his attempted murder of EJ, was Lucas who took the jail time and confessed for his son and EJ himself who refused to out Will as the person who did it. 

Sami getting involved in Will's issues usually just made them more worse for Will. Ie all her attempts to "help" with the custody.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
(edited)

Didn't Sam destroy the evidence implicating Will in EJ's shooting which EJ had stored in that safe (what was EJ going to do with it???). So I think Sami has helped Will out in logical ways at times.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
I think Sami is overestimating what EJ feels for Abigail (if he feels anything at all), but I don`t think it`s strange that she would. From the outside, it does kind of look like EJ either had feelings for Abigail (especially with the pregnancy plot) or that he wanted to have his cake and eat it too (have a wife AND the other lady  and her cupcakes too).

I agree. Sami thinks there is more too it, or perhaps even thinks it was going on longer than it really was. Abigail was around a lot so it's not unreasonable for Sami to think that too.  I can only hope this will be eventually set straight when somehow she sees video of mistress begging Abby, along with the rest of Salem. 

• Love 1

Ok Friday's episode was not that bad.  Honest to god the way people rip them apart here I spend days not wanting to watch them.  Then they're not that damned bad.  Lots of people talking to people on Friday.

Dan w/JJ  Jen w Nic  Eric w/ Priest  Brady w/Mags  Theresa w/ Vic  Paige w/ Eve  Paige w/ JJ

I was stunned by 4-5 sentences of Eve continuing to deny she's known for a long time about Dannifer as she found out from Theresa long ago.  "If I'd known...I didn't know...It's not my fault...If only you or JJ had told me..."  Then she laid on the guilt trip about don't do anything if you're afraid of losing him and don't end up like me. Major guilt trip, mom?  Paige isn't afraid of losing him, and JJ really did nothing wrong.  The makeout scene lasted 20 seconds.  She wasn't afraid of JJ, she was afraid of Eve's words.  Good job, mom.

I didn't see anything other than Nicole having the best of intentions toward Dannifer.  She completely supported Dan.  While it's snarky that she would say Jen has to be the problem, it's true.  I'm not a Dannifer fan either but I enjoyed the father role Dan played today and wouldn't we rather just have them happy and on the back burner?  God knows Abs needs some discipline.

• Love 5
Didn't Sam destroy the evidence implicating Will in EJ's shooting which EJ had stored in that safe (what was EJ going to do with it???). So I think Sami has helped Will out in logical ways at times.

Sami destroyed that evidence, and the evidence EJ had on Kate, Sami, and Gabi from the river.  I think that is another reason Sami isn’t going to forgive EJ, or trust him again.  It looks like EJ was cheating for a long time, was planning on continuing to cheat, and if Sami ever tried to leave EJ, he was going to blackmail her to force her to stay in a miserable marriage while he continued to screw around on the side.

• Love 1

Yes, it was so nice to see Sami do what is so RARELY done on soaps - burn incriminating evidence the second she got her hands on it. These dumbasses who weirdly hold onto evidence forever and ever for no good reason are ridiculous.

Even if EJ had no intention ever to do anything nefarious with the evidence he held onto - and that's a humongous "if" given his history - just holding onto it was still an unacceptable risk. As Sami so effectively demonstrated, it's not that hard for a determined person to get into someone else's safe, and the DiMeras have a shitload of enemies.

(Of course, Will was such a twerp last week that I kind of wish Sami had only burned the stuff that incriminated her and left the evidence of Will shooting EJ in the safe. Then when EJ tried to blackmail Sami by threatening to send her son to prison, she'd just shrug and say "Go ahead." It'd serve Will right. On a related note, I really need a GIF of Sami slapping Will over and over, because that was awesome.)

• Love 4