Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

And Kate looked fabulous in a blue long sweater and black skinny pants.

And then Sami came back in, and gave Kate a hard time about what she ever saw in Rafe in the first place, thinking Kate must have been out of her mind at the time. "Hey, hey, hey!" Kate snapped, while toying with one of Stefano's (cheap-looking) cigars. "We're partners, remember?" Then they swilled more martinis.

It was pretty fantastic, actually, even if Sami chooses to forget that she also lost her head over the boring-ass stick-in-the-mud Rafe.

Edited by Sandman

And then Sami came back in, and gave Kate a hard about what she ever saw in Rafe in the first place, thinking Kate must have been out of her mind at the time. "Hey, hey, hey!" Kate snapped, while toying with one of Stefano's (cheap-looking) cigars. "We're partners, remember?" Then they swilled more martinis.

It was pretty fantastic, actually, even if Sami chooses to forget that she also lost her head over the boring-ass stick-in-the-mud Rafe.

Wow, Kate and Sami really are becoming BFFs. After reading this I almost expect a scene where they sit back with their drinks and compare the men they've shared. I wonder if Sami will bring up Stef's little ED problem or if she knows that EJ was just BSing her about that to save his own ass. 

Maybe it was also the Erectile Dysfunction story along with EJ acting strangely in the hospital on the same day Abigail was in that also helped Sami to put the pieces together....

Since Dr. Dan is the master of all trades in medicine, I'm surprised he doesn't do psychiatry as well....maybe he could counsel Abigail...

(edited)

Wow, Kate and Sami really are becoming BFFs.

On the surface, I like this. But I'm a little peeved that the show didn't bother to show this happening. We got bits and pieces during the River Dump, but we missed out on the meaty part of it. Sami making amends with everyone is something I've been expecting and looking forward to since I heard she was leaving the show.

I think the reason Sami hasn't posted the photos (and video, if there is one) all over town, on the internet, etc. is to protect her children. Surely Johnny and Sydney (and Alli to a lesser extent) would be upset by this, and by all the talk about it they'd be sure to hear.

I know Sami had a  throwaway line to (I forget, Eric?) that her kids were her main focus, but that was another example of telling, not showing. Outside of screaming about Abby being a slut to Will, has there been a scene with the kids? If not a scene, how about a conversation about how they're coping with EJ being carted off to jail? I didn't see the show yesterday, so maybe there was? Speaking as a non-Sami fan, I need a few more scenes reminding me that she's more than a woman-scorned caricature. A scene like the one right before the wedding, when she told herself not to cry? That would be nice.

All of the revenge and screaming is great soap, but it's getting as old as Nicole's mopey sad face routine was.

Edited by shesajar

Another days of our hypocritical lives....Does Adrienne not remember when Justin was cheating on her with Angelica Deveraux, Abby's step-grandma! I do. I remember scenes where they were barely dating and she was furious with Justin for sleeping with Angelica, yet Sami isn't allowed to be mad and blow off steam when her fiance/husband was sleeping with another woman?

• Love 2

Why does Abigail think that EJ would care what Ben thinks? Clearly he has other things to worry about....like a broken toilet...

"You and Sami deserve each other." Was that supposed to be a burn? Maybe that's why they were engaged...

I guess Abigail managed to do what I thought might be impossible in this storyline. She's actually making me feel a little sorry for EJ...

• Love 1

I never thought I'd type these next words, but

Carrie needs to come back for visit, immediately.

Someone needs to bring up Austin and Abby to shut all these people up about how terrible Sami is acting towards Abby and how Sami shouldn't be lashing out at Abby.  It's crazy.  It makes no sense.  I don't even care that Carrie would make it all about her and not treat Sami better than anyone else.  Someone needs to point out the pattern.

If it takes pitting the Pretty Perfect Princess against the Holy Horton Hoohah to get Will and Lucas to stop conspiring to take Sami's kids, I'm ok with it.

And seriously, EJ is taking all the blame?  That is so out of character that I can't even process it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Damn, guys, I am so far behind. Out of town part of last week and this week is Birthday Week in our family (we've got three in the same week -- the 16th, 17th and 19th) as well as Mid-State Fair time... just so damn busy! So I'm several days behind still...

All that aside, okay...

The Aiden/Hope waltz. Um, channeling Sound of Music much? Especially with Hope being all 'I forgot the steps!' Um, it's a WALTZ. They are, traditionally, not particularly tricksy choreographically speaking. Hope doing the Ballroom Head Tilt was kind of cute but... okay. I admit that I FF'd a lot of the gala stuff since it wasn't actually a gala so much as a handful of people standing in a room with 'expensive' props... and then Marlena on some sort of Live Feed attempting to channel humor when her Dark Science Soul doesn't understand it so she eventually had to fill the room with laughing gas to get the right response.

I continue to be utterly confused as to Theresa's motivations regarding Brady. It seemed to me that she actually liked him and was maybe headed to more. Or maybe she just wants him to want/love her because she's a needy creature. Anyway, so there they were in Schmegas (because that wasn't Vegas... cocktail dresses and cheap sequined fabric do not Vegas make. Especially since they were trying to sell us on the idea that they were at a high rollers table even though Vegas cuts you off when you're falling down drunk like Brady was. Actual Vegas is infinitely more expensive looking than wherever the hell Brady and Theresa were because it can afford to be. So Schmegas it is.) and they got married and Brady is so tanked that he's still out of it but Theresa's all "I'm going to protect you, baby" but then immediately offers a payoff from John to annul the marriage... and yeah, I'm seriously confused as to what she really wants. Other than money.

This seems like a real dick move to pull on Brady (even before the whacking John with a poker stuff) when he's been absolutely interested in pursuing a real relationship with her. Does she have debts we don't know about that this had to be kicked into overdrive? And when did that conversation with Brady where he vowed to never wed again take place? Oh! Convenient flashback. Mmm-kay. Jen Lilly has got the chops to pull off a lot, even the ginormous mess this is, she's making it apparent that Theresa is clearly in way over her head and is conflicted about, presumably, a lot of things but the writing has, so far, done a shitty job as solidifying what this is all about.

The Horton clan just needs to have a thousand seats. I can't even with the lot of them. JJ is still the most likable to me but that plummets whenever he's around the Holier Than Thou Duo.

Speaking of which... it is deeply unsettling that the majority of Salem would rather Abby have been raped than to acknowledge that she fucked EJ completely under her own power. I realize that Salem and rape go hand in hand and it's like breaking one's pinky toe given the sheer volume of it in that town but I don't live there and it's really freaking me the hell out.

Sami's revenge is the best. I really loved her spelling it all out at the Holy Horton House where she pointed out that the woman she thought was a friend (okay, that's debatable but Sami certainly didn't consider Abby and enemy and I guess that's close enough), the woman who came into her home to bake cupcakes with her kids, etc. etc. totes banged her husband. I mean, come on... that's a legitimate grievance. The fact that everyone is Salem is so gung ho to excuse Abby and villify Sami just guarantees that I will never be on Abby's side in this.

Or the rest of Salem's for that matter.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 6

Still finding nothing interesting about this Kate/Sami story.  I have no idea why Kate is even involved.  She said something about getting back at those who screwed them over.  Last I checked, Kate screwed Stefano over by cheating on him, not the other way around.  So yeah...

I'm tired of Sami.  I'm really tired of everyone painting Abby as a saint and excusing her bad behavior; especially since she has a history with this, having tried to screw Sami's sister's husband. 

Normally I like Lucas, but he needs to take a seat.  I guess Lucas forgot what Abby did to his brother/sister-in-law. 

It irritated me that EJ didn't even say to Will that Abby was the one chasing him around, throwing her vag at him.  And while she didn't make him cheat, Sami was the one harassing EJ to handle Abby, so that Sami's murderous secret didn't come out.  Everyone seems to have forgotten that, even though Nick ended up surviving, Kate and Sami did try to kill Nick by drowning.  But, Will crying over poor lil innocent victim Abby was sickening. 

Ben looks like an idiot being sacrificed at the altar of Abby.  She was not over EJ when they met, despite what she claims. She's not over him NOW.   Ben's stupid anyways with this whole "it happened before we met" stuff.  I know it's a soap, but, seriously, Ben doesn't care that Abby has a history of throwing herself at engaged/married men and had an affair with one of them?  I wouldn't get into a relationship with a known adulterer.  I guess Ben isn't all that particular.  LOL 

Even EJ is prostrating himself for the twit.  Ugh.  One the one hand, we have Abby saying she needs to take some blame; but on the other, everyone and their brother is falling all over themselves to portray her as the innocent victim, instead of the aggressor that she was.  So, it would pretty much be a joke to even feel that she's taken any responsibility, when everyone else on canvas is making excuses for her. 

Why is Abby prancing down to the jail to tell EJ that she's not in love with him?  I'd take that as the opposite; that she IS in love with him.  Ugh.  After the way this storyline has gone, I sure as heck don't want to see them go there.  Abby has let everyone in town rampage over EJ and throw him under the bus while painting her as a victim, and I would be expected to care if she had actual feelings for him?  How about no? 

Rafe, also, no room to throw stones.  Yep EJ cheated on Sami, but hello, you cheated on Jordan.  So, no high horse for you!  Is Rafe going to do his job at all then?  He and Hope suspected a week ago that someone was setting EJ up.  He now knows it was Sami and Kate, so is he going to do anything with that info? 

Speaking of the tax evasion, I just can't buy it at all.  State taxes?  Really?  As a corporation, I'm sure there is an accountant (or fleet of financial advisors) who take care of the tax end of things; not EJ or Stefano.  I also believe that they would be meticulous about paying taxes; and if not, they would be taken to task for it.  As far as taxes go, why would rich guys dodge state taxes anyways?  I mean, if you're going to cheat on taxes, federal is generally way higher than state.  I just don't buy it either way. 

The only thing that's going to salvage this storyline for me is for Kristen to come back and clean house on the DiMera CEO-wannabes.   Otherwise, everyone in this storyline is just so unlikable to me.  Stefano is non-existent; EJ is a pathetic wuss;  everyone else is pretty much just an asshole. 

Speaking of which... it is deeply unsettling that the majority of Salem would rather Abby have been raped than to acknowledge that she fucked EJ completely under her own power. I realize that Salem and rape go hand and hand and it's like breaking one's pinky toe given the sheer volume of it in that town but I don't live there and it's really freaking me the hell out.

That's a very interesting observation!

• Love 3

At this point, the most interesting thing they could do with Abby for me is to make her a complete predator going after any and every man that crosses her path because she now knows that no one in Salem will blame her or hold her responsible. She should become the most soulless home-wrecker imaginable until she fucks with someone even more holy than she, more revered in Salem than she and then everyone can finally realize what a monster they created with their enabling.

• Love 3

Then everyone would just turn on Daniel, and blame him, or their heads would explode not being able to understand how the holy sainted ones could do that to the other holy sainted one Jennifer.

I would like some flashbacks of Sami finding out, going to Kate, and how they came up with their scheme, but I'm not sure there will be time.  This last day in Salem has lasted over a week our time, and both AS and JS are gone by October.

There seems to still be parts of the SL that make no sense.  Is the boring twit mental?  Because EJ never claimed to have any feelings for her, never made her any promises, and yet she acts like Sami is the interloper instead of the other way around.

• Love 1
(edited)

Who would have thought that Rafe would be the only one to not think EJ forced or coerced Abigail into sex?

Sami showed  only one mild picture, Adrienne. Not pictures.

Sami is getting the blame for telling everyone all over town (although I think she only told a few people who most likely wouldn't tell anyone), but Kate is the one who told Rafe....of course now that Rafe knows I'm sure the news will spread....he'll tell Jordan....Jordan will tell someone or other....

Kami has gotten better theme music than every other couple on this show.

Is Will working for People magazine?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

I thoroughly enjoyed Happy Hour at the Manch and how Kami could reasonably discuss everything calmly from business portfolios to Kafe.  No secrets.  Kate is right, Rafe is best kept as a booty call.

Until now I've been defending Will as being realistic about his mother, and worried about the consequences of her actions.  But when he walked in and said what did my mother do now I wanted to slap him.  He's said that far too often and  the fact that he's on Team Scabby....ugh.  Remember after Sami told them and left, WilSon vowed they would show her their love and support. 

Where to start with Scabby?  GET HER OFF MY SCREEN! I actually LOVED how Ben handled her.  Scabs wanted to be self absorbed some more and he cut her off saying he didn't want to know the details and it's her business, and eventually got up and left at the first opportunity.  But it's all about Scaby and she goes running after him because dammit she wasn't done wallowing yet.  Then, because it's all about her, she goes to see EJ again because she's questioning whether she loves him?  Ben was right, while she wasn't exactly using him there was no way their relationship could go forward while she still had shower sex on her mind.  So I give the writers a pass for not building up their relationship prior to revealing the affair.  I think more of Ben for treating Scabs as simply a friend he might be interested in. Good for you, Ben.

Meanwhile Scaby is all "But I thought we were..."  Why does she think every man wants the HHH (thanks, Boes!)?  It reminds me of juggling Chad and Cameron because she could  have her choice of  whenever she felt like deciding.  That was soooo disgusting but this time neither one wants her.  Ha!

Even worse was having to look at Jordan's constipated face for half the show.  

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

Will is so irritating right along with Lucas with the Abby defense. Bitch wasn't grieving for shit. Adrienne STFU you holier than thou twit.

Sami is once again looked at as the bad one. Why are writers writing this ass backwards? I hate the Abby part of the story but love Kate and Sami which is the saving grace.

Still not interested in The Adventures of Grimace Sue and Ollie.

Abby looked upset cause EJ validated that it wasn't love. She gets all teary and say he and Sami deserve each other. Bitch get ober yourself and I just don't get her. What does she want from EJ? She says one thing to people and turn around and does the opposite in front of EJ. Writers better stick with one way and stop all this convoluted writing for Abby.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sami showed  only one mild picture, Adrienne. Not pictures.

Sami is getting the blame for telling everyone all over town (although I think she only told a few people who most likely wouldn't tell anyone), but Kate is the one who told Rafe....of course now that Rafe knows I'm sure the news will spread....he'll tell Jordan....Jordan will tell someone or other....

And Sami didn't even go specifically to tell Jennifer.  Sami was there to confront Abby and Jennifer came home and walked in on the conversation.

So how many scenes until Will is talked into writing the expose on EJ and Sami?  I give it one.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sometimes when Abigail says something I can't tell if she's looking to take responsibility or hoping the other person will say something to make her feel better. Her line delivery was weird.

Her crying does seem a bit more poignant when she's crying to EJ (since that's probably the part of the story KM has the most affection for). But since he's said time and time  again he wants Sami, I'm baffled as to what she wants from EJ>  I couldn't tell if she was hoping he'd say she wanted to give Abigail a shot now that he's been dumped or that she realized (which I thought she already knew) she was essentially a two-night stand.

What is it about EJ respects and admires about Abigail? Is it her morals? I'm not asking that in a facetious way, but since she's not doing grand charity work or feeding starving children  the "admire and respect thing" also always baffles me.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

At this point, the only person Abby could seduce and be blamed for it would be the Bishop. And even then...

Happy Hour at the Manor should be a regular feature on the show.

• Love 4

At this point, the most interesting thing they could do with Abby for me is to make her a complete predator going after any and every man that crosses her path because she now knows that no one in Salem will blame her or hold her responsible. She should become the most soulless home-wrecker imaginable until she fucks with someone even more holy than she, more revered in Salem than she and then everyone can finally realize what a monster they created with their enabling.

Or someone could just throw her in the trash and then throw said trash into a trash compacter.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe they might just turn Abigail into a soulless bad girl when Melanie comes back.

I can't imagine they'd both get the princess treatment.

What if Melanie and Chad got married off-screen, they both come back, and then Chad becomes irresistible to Abigail?!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
Speaking of, I really like Theresa and Brady as a pair, but I fear they are taking them to the point of no return with this John situation.  I have to go back and watch more of this on my DVR, but if Theresa did that to John and framed Brady for it, I don't see how this will turn out well.

I thought they were going to go the route of Anna and Tony Dimera, ie, she tricks him into a Vegas marriage while he's drunk, then the next morning prettily offers to annul it immediately and he gallantly refuses the annulment.  THAT is a a real pro.  But while this scheme lacked the subtlety and panache of Anna, I did like Theresa clubbing John over the head after he shoved her.  Might make a screen saver out of it.  

I like Theresa and Brady as a pair, calling people on their holier than thou bullshit.  And I think either Theresa's going to keep her secret (only because the salem pd is that stupid) or they'll just have Brady forgive her first few murders and only catch on that she's not the one for him when Kristen returns.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't find it perplexing that they'd think the worst of EJ, but I think the fact that they're finding it hard to believe that Abigail had agency in the situation is a bit baffling to me (probably because the actual photo showed her willingly kissing him??) Maybe Sonny was the only one who seemed to recognize that Abigail went into EJ's bed without being coerced.

If Sami had showed a photo where what was going on looked more ambiguous I could see how they would jump to the conclusion that he took advantage of her. But the photo shown clearly indicates that Abigail was kissing EJ of her own free will. Although I guess they think he charmed her with Jack's name....the way they talk about EJ changes from day to day...one day they make it sound like he seduced her, the next day they make it sound as though he made her do something she didn't want to do...either way, the picture clearly indicates that she wanted to have sex with him.

The others haven't seen the photo, I suppose, but Jennifer has....and I think she has to hit reality that Abigail wanted to sleep with EJ. And I don't know why Adrienne was saying that Sami showed pictures. She showed one fairly benign looking (compared to the shower sex face) picture. And I wonder if anyone is going to come to know that it was Nick who ultimately betrayed Abigail by taking that picture...

Anyway, everyone in the Brady pub will probably find out that Abigail slept with EJ since Adrienne's voice isn't particularly quiet...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I don't expect everyone to throw themselves down at Sami's feet, but they should at least convey the idea that they understand she was wronged and had a right to a reaction.  Instead, it's like she's not allowed to even be angry at Abby. 

And I say this as someone who is sick of Sami's vengeance at this point.  I don't like her at all right now, but, I realize she has the right to be pissed at Abby as well as EJ. 

I know that Abby's crimes/sins are a drop in the bucket compared to Sami and EJ, but, I don't really find that relevant at this point.  In the context of this storyline, Abby purposely inserted herself into a relationship and had no qualms about breaking it, and a family up.  No, she didn't act alone; EJ is guilty as well.  But, it's not like she accidentally fell onto his dick and couldn't get up.

• Love 7
(edited)

I thought today Sami had "calmed" down a bit, and was sort of charming. Well, calm enough to call what Rafe and Kate did a "booty call"!

I expect she'll go back to being angry when she sees EJ's beaker face and bad hair, but when she's doing business with Kate she seems focused on something and less ready to bludgeon Abigail's and EJ's head with a sledgehammer. Though truthfully I think Abigail might be safe, but I'm not sure about EJ. If she really wanted to destroy Abigail beyond repair, I don't think she'd be focusing so much on shareholders' opinions and such.

This demolition Jordan plan is completely going over my head. I still don't get the point of it. Sami's plans (what little there seems to be) against Abigail make sense, given the fact that Abigail unnecessarily inserted herself into a relationship situation.  Kate's plans against Jordan do not.

I'm also a bit sad that this Clyde guy will most likely turn out to be a weirdo, since the actor seems to have some  charisma.

Edited by bantering

Bantering, have you ever watched "North and South", the TV mini-series?  The guy who plays Clyde and Patrick Swayze are best friends on opposite sides of the civil war and they spend many hours either naked or in delicious uniforms.  Yes, he does have charisma, and it's being wasted being the asshole stepfather from hell.  He likely sexually abused Jordan, and god help me, but until they reveal it, I still like him better than her.

(edited)

This demolition Jordan plan is completely going over my head. I still don't get the point of it. Sami's plans (what little there seems to be) against Abigail make sense, given the fact that Abigail unnecessarily inserted herself into a relationship situation.  Kate's plans against Jordan do not.

What I gathered was that Kate wants to break Jordan and Rafe up to get Rafe for herself, I think, and Sami has been drafted to tell Jordan so Kate isn't the bad guy.  Now here's my problem with this.  Sami is the victim in her own cheating situation and getting flack from everyone for confronting Abby about it.  The last thing I want is Sami to get dumped on for cluing Jordan in on what Rafe did on top of it.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

Didn't someone say today that Sammi cheated on Rafe by sleeping with EJ?  Was it the grief sex Sammi and EJ had when they thought Johnny was missing?  Isn't Sammi a bit hypocritical since she basically did the same thing to Rafe?  I wasn't watching regularly back then so I may have it all wrong...is that why she and Rafe split up? 

Sammi has a right to be pissed with EJ big time and I don't think he should be given a pass.  But, she should stop and think how EJ fought tooth and nail (what does that mean, really?) to keep her ass from going to prison---wasn't it about this time last year Sammi was sitting in a jail cell just like EJ is now?  And just a few months later, he's supporting her again by hiding evidence that would link her to another potential murder?  She might want to hit the pause button and think about what she's doing.    EJ may be a cad, but he sure comes in useful when you need someone to help you to cover up a felony. 

• Love 1

Sammi has a right to be pissed with EJ big time and I don't think he should be given a pass.  But, she should stop and think how EJ fought tooth and nail (what does that mean, really?) to keep her ass from going to prison---wasn't it about this time last year Sammi was sitting in a jail cell just like EJ is now?  And just a few months later, he's supporting her again by hiding evidence that would link her to another potential murder?  She might want to hit the pause button and think about what she's doing.    EJ may be a cad, but he sure comes in useful when you need someone to help you to cover up a felony. 

But EJ really only has two ways of dealing with Sami.  He wants to be with her and he wants to destroy her and take their children from her.  I don't know that this is any part of her motivation, but if this is the deal breaker for Sami that will end their relationship then I get why she might see her only option as burying EJ under the jail.  EJ will eventually use foul means to get her back or punish her for not being with him.  He's been in the wrong before and gone after Sami with guns blazing for having the temerity not to get over it.

I think part of Sami's anger comes from EJ's insistence that she could trust him and that they should never keep secrets from each other anymore. Meanwhile, he's hiding this secret about Abigail. There were times when he'd talk about not keeping secrets and I'd face-palm. But I guess that happens on soaps.

• Love 3

Sammi has a right to be pissed with EJ big time and I don't think he should be given a pass.  But, she should stop and think how EJ fought tooth and nail (what does that mean, really?) to keep her ass from going to prison---wasn't it about this time last year Sammi was sitting in a jail cell just like EJ is now?  And just a few months later, he's supporting her again by hiding evidence that would link her to another potential murder?  She might want to hit the pause button and think about what she's doing.    EJ may be a cad, but he sure comes in useful when you need someone to help you to cover up a felony.

There's a high possibility that the only reason why EJ helped Sami is so he would have evidence to hang over her head one day.

• Love 2
(edited)

I feel Jennifer should be questioning why Abigail didn't feel comfortable enough to come to her about the possibly pregnancy, and had to find comfort in...dun dun dun...Sami!

Maybe that might happen in the next episode, but Jennifer seems more focused on telling Adrienne how much of a "-itch" Sami is to remember that Abigail was more comfortable going to the "-itch" for advice than her mother.

Perhaps its easier for Jennifer to think EJ forced himself on Abigail than for her to face the realization that her daughter would rather confide to the biggest schemer in town than her.

Edited by bantering
(edited)
But EJ really only has two ways of dealing with Sami.  He wants to be with her and he wants to destroy her and take their children from her.

This.

The way EJ loves/obsesses about Sami, whatever the hell it is, would be scary to have to deal with.  Like Sami told Kate, EJ has all the power.  EJ has the Dimera money, power, hitmen, crazy doctors, islands, etc.  Then there is also the fact that Sami/EJ have called a truce in the past, only for EJ to have some other scheme to make Sami's life a living hell going on, or Sami thinks they are on good terms trying to co-parent when EJ is planning on getting the man she is married to/in a relationship with out of her life so he can have her.

Sami can't trust EJ at all.  EJ set the terms for their relationship, no lies, no secrets, etc., and what does EJ do, he lies to Sami about Kristen/Eric, he cheats on her, he lies some more, Sami confronts him with what she knows, and EJ lies again.  It would be exhausting having to deal with Stefano and Kristen, and whatever new torture they would be dreaming up to hurt Sami's family, then on top of that, knowing EJ would lie to her about it, and if Sami didn't just accept it, then EJ would cheat.

Sami has very few reasons to try and work things out with EJ.  However, she knows that when she leaves, EJ will go psycho possessive, go to extreme lengths to get her back, and if that doesn't work then it will be war all over again.  Sami's best option is to neutralize EJ and Stefano or it will be another eight years of hell.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

My my MY, it looks like Ollie and Poopsie Doo are in for some big trouble now that Big Daddy is in town.  I wonder where he gets his money?  Is he running some sort of illegal pork belly syndicate?  

I will say that I think Show has missed an opportunity for not utilizing Chrishell Straus' comedic skills.  She was stuck in a lot of horrible storylines on AMC, but they did let her make us laugh - on purpose - with her Amanda Dillon character.  In this role she's got the appeal of walking Dill Pickle.

I do think Ben showed signs of life in his scenes with Big Daddy today, the first time I've really been engaged by his abilities.  Not saying much, but something is better than nothing.

Meanwhile, back at the Salem Home for the Terminally Clueless aka the Police Station, we have Rafe talking to Abe, who seems to STILL be in the same suit.  Rafe looks good, looks like he's had his eyelashes curled while out of town.  But neither is showing any signs of higher intelligence.  But, Rafe is pretty.  Abe, now... that suit.....

Will's Inner Horton really came to the forefront today and that's not a compliment.  His pursed lips and head shake as the contemplated his mother actually being MEAN TO ABIGAIL, and showing DIRTY PICTURES TO JENN was maddening.  Bad enough to have Lucas standing there like the Village Scold but to have Will wear his "my underwear are three sizes too small" look while feeling bad for Abigail and disappointed in his mother is b.s.  Bad enough that Adrienne streams in with her mouth open, catching flies and spewing bull but for Will to chime in with those two was even worse.  It was bad enough to have to listen to him lecture E.J. like he was channeling Eric, but this was worse.

Especially since Will and Lucas are only considered second-tier Hortons, at best.  I thought it was telling that Jenn won't take any of Lucas' calls, but she answers Adrienne on the first ring.  Further proof that Jenn is a moron IMO.

I really do think Abigail is insane.  And it might be more apparent if she wasn't surrounded by other people who are just as out of touch with reality.  Her talk with Ben - liked the guy again, the way he deflected her confession - and running after him because IT'S ALL ABOUT HER ALL THE TIME, and then that completely wierd talk she had with E.J. - girl is at least one short of six-pack.  Bad enough that she talked to E.J. like they were some sort of compatriots, but then her slamming both E.J. and Sami when E.J. told her that he would always want to be with Sami was very telling.  Abigail feels no remorse about what she did, because she has nothing but contempt for Sami.  So she's not the "good" person she likes to think she is, or that she's told she is.  She sure as hell is no victim.  Vicious little snake in the grass, ok, that one I'll accept.

I liked all the Sami/Kate scenes.  Kate is such a cool drink of water, so smooth.  And at least right now, she brings out the smarts in Sami.  And I really hope she does get to redecorate that room ASAP.  And the bit about Rafe was gold.

Show continues to make me happy I'm watching and leaves me wanting more.  And this board DOUBLES the feeling!

• Love 12
(edited)

Me happy too. A fun (albeit truncated) first week back. As I said earlier, it is so fun to see characters from my original jam with the show in the 80's and also actors I have enjoyed on other shows (Kassie! Chrishell! Daniel Cosgrove!) I will stick around for awhile.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 2

I don't know if they would do this since the writers seem determined to make everything Sami's fault when she is the injured party, but I wonder if Will writes the article about Sami and EJ.  He completely trashes them, makes the pathetic boring twit out to be some victim, then a video of her begging EJ to let her be his mistress surfaces, and Will's writing career is damaged because his ability to be objective is seriously in question (which it would be already anyway because he is writing about people he is related to).

• Love 1

I bought it when Nicole worked for tabloid tv and was told to cover the breaking story of the priest sexual scandal because she had access but as far as the tv station knew, she wasn't directly involved. But Will writing about his mother and EEJ? Not believable he would be hired for that at all.  Plus the bad performance of nuWill.  This actor destroyed the role on every level.  As with KM and other bad actors, I really think the writers write to lack of strength. 

• Love 2