Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Theresa said it best last week when she said that she is on her own and has to do what it takes to take care of herself.  People like her and Nicole and Sami have been left to these devices for so long that they often handle things the wrong way.  They are the "bad girls" (so are Kate and Eve I'd say).  They get called out, they fail, they get smack talked, people are always ready to pounce.  The good girls like Jen, Abby, Maggie, etc are always going to be defended by so many before they have to stand on their own.  And they will always win in the end and people will always have their backs and support them 100%.  

This interpretation is a thing of beauty.  As you say, the "bad" women are almost always left on their own to defend and protect themselves.  The "good" folk seem to automatically disapprove of whatever they do, and seem offended when they don't beg forgiveness for being themselves.  And yep, they make mistakes, go about things the wrong way, but (Nicole excepted, lately, anyway), they own what they do.  They may do some terrible things but at least they don't stink of hypocrisy the way the "good" folks do.  And funny, isn't it, that the good people of Salem seem to dismiss their own sins and failings but never give a pass to anyone marked out as "bad"?  It's middle school at its worst.

That whole scene was just. So. Stupid. It made Eve seem like a bitchy teenager, which means Abigail's a pre-schooler in comparison. So contrived, for so little purpose. Why do the showrunners think that Kassie DePaiva should be playing a woman who acts a third of her age? Is it to balance out Jennifer's school marm ancientness?

Adding to the bizarre quality of the confrontation was Abigail's repeated reference to Eve as a "little..." this or that. Teeny Mansi trying to call out long tall DePaiva as a "little bitch"? Yeah, not in this reality, show. They're not contemporaries, they're not really rivals in any real sense, it doesn't compute. Just ... just quit it.

Perfect description of the scene, Sandman, just perfect.  And for Abigail to attempt to go nose to nose with Eve was just ridiculous on so many levels.

I might have (though probably not, considering how repugnant I find Abigail to be) felt some sympathy for Abigail in that encounter if she hadn't initiated the whole thing.  She went at Eve with such aggressive hostility, insulting her and her motives that it didn't bother me that Eve came back at her the way she did.  If Eve had done the same to Abigail and brought up Jack the way she did then I think Eve would be wrong.  But for Eve to react the way she did to this harridan attacking her - well, it didn't bother me at all.  I don't think Eve would have said those things if Abigail hadn't jumped all over her and insulted her so aggressively.  

It reminded me of how Abigail, a while back, went after Adrienne in the same insulting tone because Adrienne had mentioned something to Jenn about Abigail.  Granted, Adrienne is an idiot, but that little guttersnipe talked to her aunt with such an ugly tone and attitude - and because she's St. Abigail, Adrienne stood there and took it.  

Abigail behaves insufferably to people she should either respect, or leave alone.  So it's about time that Abigail started to learn that if she's going to go up against the adults, she's going to slapped down like one.  Putting that girl on a pedestal hasn't done her any favors.

That scene did make her seem more than a little unbalanced.  Could Show be going in that direction with Abigail, or am I just wishing it would?

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think EJ isn't telling why he slept with Abigail because he knows how rude it will sound when it comes out that he slept with her to keep her quiet about the Gabi/Nick situation. That will sound even ruder and more humiliating to Abigail than if he were to tell about the mistress propositioning. I'm wondering how Abigail would react when the reason for why he slept with her comes out....she might not take it too well....I don't think Sami will send her off to the funny farm, but the reason for how EJ came up with the brainiac idea to sleep with her might....

He knows his motives for sleeping with her weren't pure, and in a weird way might prove Jennifer Horton and Lucas right?

He took the bait Abigail was offering to him when she touched his vein or whatever and she told him he was so hot any woman would sleep with him and used it to his advantage to keep her silent (which I do think shows her  own culpability for sleeping with him by offering the carrot stick in the first place), but in the end it would probably be extremely humiliating to her to find out he didn't sleep with her because he thought she was attractive...

This storyline is kind of confusing in terms of trying to make everyone seem less stupid...

Edited by bantering

This story is going down fast because of all the Abby support and Sami can't get anyone to see her side but Kate which isn't a bad thing but we all know Kate is using her. Why can't Sami have one person in her family be on her side?

Marlena is such a horrible actress. All I can say.

The rest was just boring.

• Love 5

At this point, EJ just looks so stupid and sleazy, I don’t think there is anything he could say that would improve the situation.  Besides the writers conveniently left a lot out when Sami reminded EJ of their history, and that annoys me.  I have a bad feeling the writers are leading up to somehow this is all Sami’s fault, and when that happens, I am going to be furious.

• Love 2

Who would Sami have to offer an apology to?

Maybe not an apology, but certainly an acknowledgement that others have been negatively affected in order for her to be with EJ.

To Lucas, and to a lesser extent Rafe, for allowing EJ to come between their relationships. To her kids, even EJ's (though not necessarily anytime soon) but especially Will, for partly encouraging the effed up environment that they have to live in. She's previously admitted the negative impact of her and Lucas' early behavior on Will, I know she won't be around for it to play out onscreen, but I think she'll owe her remaining kids the same courtesy re: her and EJ. A promise to do better would be great, too. 

(edited)

I think whatever EJ says would make him look sleazy, so, yeah, just keeping silent and taking whatever Sami has to say probably makes him seem....I don't know what to say about him. Maybe if he looked better like he used to I could feel sort of sorry for him?

If he "supports" Abigail in not outing her aggressive ways, he does kind of annoy me. But then if he were to sell her out and then proceeds to say how she acted and why he slept with her, the latter most likely would make him look like a grossball. I have no sympathy for Abigail, but the latter does involve a lot of sleaze in terms of a man acting like a scuzzbucket to deflect blame, so...

I think he's in a no-win situation here. No wonder he broke his toilet...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Roman also slept with Nicole and Kate....the latter having sent his daughter to death row....

Maybe it's an inherited trait in that family to go for nutcases.

Not to mention Mar's marriage to crazy Alex North.

I think he's in a no-win situation here. No wonder he broke his toilet...

HA HA HA!!!!  Great line and even better image.  So let's see....we EJ breaking toilets on DOOL, and Sonny breaking barware on GH, and Victor breaking wind on Y&R......

(edited)

Judging from today's conversation, it kind of seems like Sami thought EJ and Abigail were having an ongoing affair. Although since he confided about the hit to Abigail, I can see why Sami would think this...maybe that's also why he's being "nice" to Abigail"  Abigail could also send EJ to jail again if she gets ticked off enough....how dumb is EJ??

I did laugh when Sami called Abigail "Miss Suzy Cream Cheese" though (snort).

Sami called herself a "nasty little piece who lies and cheats" (which shocked me as a pretty honest appraisal),  so maybe she figures she's just going to live up to the reputation she has by going after EJ?

Marlena kind of looked like she was possessed by the devil again when she looked at Brady...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa... yes, you were trying to cover your tracks in the midst of panic, but even a burgeoning bad girl knows not to leave fingerprints behind when one is up to something nefarious. Perhaps you might think about keeping a pair of gloves in your handbag, just in case. PS: You might as well have a big neon arrow pointing at your head saying "I DID IT" - stop acting so guilty. 

And what kind of doctor is Dr. Dan exactly? He's qualified to handle both Eve's voice nodules and John's brain surgery? I guess he has one of those super turbo medical degrees, huh...

Marlena at John's bedside, trying to show emotion on a face that cannot move. Good times, good times.

• Love 2

I still want a Lucas and Sami scene.  But come on, Lucas, EJ isn't the devil, no matter what you may think.

I loved that they threw in a brief mention of Carrie, at least Abigail isn't trying to whitewash her history.

Do you think Clyde raped Tammy Sue?

• Love 1

Silly janeyjay - Doctor Daniel's every kind of doctor there ever was! He could be the Doctor, if we replace any reference to "timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly" with "touchy-feely, greasy-hairy."

• Love 3

I don't suppose the murdered Nick you reference is the same guy Charlotte Ross's Eve was involved with? I think that actor may have died.

Actually he is still alive.  I was curious, and I liked the guy who played Nick Corelly, so I looked him up.  He went by the name "George Jenesky" when he played Nick back in the day.  I guess it was changed in honor of deceased loved ones.  But to respect his family, he switched it back to his given name "Conrad Dunn" and that's what he goes by now.  I looked him up on IMDB and he last worked in 2012.  A picture of him there looked like the Nick I remember him being on Days, but with a mustache and goatee.

I like to think Sami is messing with Ben because she knows Abigail is kind of fake-y in her Horton-ness

Truth be told, a lot of the Hortons are pretty fake-y in the Horton-ness.  The are just so oblivious to it that they are convinced they are awesome.  Daniel is like that with his Jonas-ness, too.  He's a whole other level of lacking self awareness.

• Love 1
(edited)

The other day when she said part of the reason that she went through with the wedding was to avoid the "I told you so"s, I almost felt badly for her. Yeah, there would be some who would say that, but I think the majority of her friends and family would comfort her and, frankly, cheer her decision. I'm pretty sure that they'd have closed down the Brady pub for a private family celebration.

Well Lucas doesn't know Sami has been plotting and his first reaction is to remove their kid from Sami's custody.  I'd say Sami was overly optimistic that she'd just get an "I told you so." 

"I told you so"was going to happen either way because the relationship failed and EJ hurt her.  Sami getting revenge is so she takes back some power for herself to offset the way others are going to view and treat her.

I'm getting more irritated by Salemites daily as they come down on more on Abby's side.  If the roles had been reversed, Abby would have had the same conversation with Sami, her entire family, all her friends, Sami's entire family, and all Sami's friends.  And then every person who knows Sami or Abby would then berate Sami.  At least Abby is only getting chewed out by one person so they need to stop acting like Sami is wrong for doing it.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm okay with Jennifer siding with her daughter (although poor JJ for not getting the same special treatment), but I did kind of laugh when Jennifer said she doesn't tolerate such language. I think I've heard her use the same language on other women. I'm pretty sure she's called one of the women on this show a "slut" at some point...

I would have laughed less if Jennifer had said that she won't tolerate hearing Sami make accusations about her daughter (since Jennifer seems to think Abigail didn't actually consensually sleep with EJ), but the language bit sounded off....if you don't want people using those words, I think you need to stop using them yourself!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

At this point, if Sami went on a killing spree, I would side with her because so far ALL Sami has done is tell the truth, and already she is being made out to be the bad guy when she is the wronged party in this situation.

Kate being at the mansion when Sami came home would have been awesome except I don't think Kate and Sami are on the same side anymore.  Now that Kate has what she wants, she is another person who is going to make Sami feel bad.

I'm ready for Sami to get ownership of CW, divorce EJ, and move on.  There isn't anything EJ is going to say that doesn't have me wanting to smack him.  "Darling we have to work this out, we have eight miserable years of making each other's lives a living hell.  This time is completely different from all the other times I lied to, betrayed you, and stabbed you in the back.  This is your fault.  You kicked me out of your bed, and remember the night I raped you, I told you all I ever wanted was your body."

I know the writers want me to dislike Theresa, and see her as bad, therefore, I refuse to do so.

• Love 4

Kate being at the mansion when Sami came home would have been awesome except I don't think Kate and Sami are on the same side anymore.  Now that Kate has what she wants, she is another person who is going to make Sami feel bad.

I felt so badly for Sami in that scene.  She was so beaten down and you could tell she knew that Kate was about to pile on.

The last couple of days make me wonder how badly the writers misjudge how the storylines will come across.  This is a case study of the thing I hate most about soaps.  The heroine can never do wrong.  The anti-heroine can never do right.  The former is starting to outweigh the fun of the hijinks of the latter. 

The only time I was able to cope with this phenomenon was when a soap built a small group of anti-hero/anti-heroines who did bad things but had a "code", backed each other up, and didn't judge.  I could cope with the judgmental goody too shoes when the antis had a support system.  Because damn the antis scheming together was fun as hell and not everyone around them was a hypocrite.  IT was a bright and shining moment that died in a fire. 

Its really bizarre that Days isn't doing something like that.  They need to build some kind of coven of bad girls and guys around Sami with a common cause of destroying EJ and/or Abby.  Seems like Lucas is out.  Kate is about to be out.   At the rate they are going, no one is going to fill the vacuum Sami leaves.  I don't want one character to dominate like Sami does but a handful of characters with actual life in them would be nice.

• Love 5

Well, slap me with a cow pie and beat me with a fiddle, but it looks like things are going to be getting tough for ol' Tammy Flu and Ollie.  I only wonder why Kukla and Fran haven't noticed Ollie is missing.... but I digress.  You'd think that Clyde wouldda known that his gurl Sallie Goo is neater than socks on a chicken, and his boy Ollie is cute as a bug in a rug, bless his pea-pickin' heart.  But it looks like their Paw Paw done don't like 'em much, even though they're both purty as a speckled hen.  YAAAAAuppp.

This is all good news for every other storyline, though, because whether I like them much or not, at LEAST it does not involve three hobos who fell off the Hooterville Cannonball.   I wonder if there's any chance of Homer Bedloe shutting them all down..  

Anyway, back to the storylines actually written when the writing staff WEREN'T on dope...Sami slamming EJ - that just doesn't get old for me, at least not right now.   I'm liking seeing Sami's anger exposed, her righteous fury on display.  EJ's begging must be music to her ears.  And I don't care what any of the other Salemites say, they WOULD have rubbed Sami's nose in it if they'd known.  It's like the whole town thinks they can automatically feel better about themselves by comparing themselves to Sami.  Too bad they're utterly delusional.

I like Lucas, I do.... but he can be such a weenie.  When he got his knickers in a knot because Kate knew about Abigail and he didn't......quiet down, baby boy.  And much worse was Lucas going back to the 19th century when Abigail told him about her affair and putting it all on EJ.  I get how much he dislikes the guy, and I also get that no matter what Abigail does, he's going to be on her side - I get that.  But to deny that she had a say, had a choice, MADE a choice in having this affair has him saying that women are passive participants, always victims, even in consensual relationships.  Jenn has already said it, and now Lucas, and I'm sure there will be more.  Even Abigail, (although not too loudly) says it was what she wanted but nobody wants to hear that.  Utter b.s.

No wonder Abigail is such a horrid spoiled brat with an inflated sense of self-worth with everyone refusing to allow her to EVER accept any responsibility.

And OH THE DRAMATIC TENSION!  WILL JAWN LIVE?  WILL HE REMEMBER?  WILL MARLENA'S FACE CRUMBLE INTO A MILLION PIECES?  WILL BRADY FORGET HE'S POTTY-TRAINED?  WILL ABE REMEMBER TO CHANGE HIS SUIT?  WILL DAN REALIZE HE'S REALLY A VET AND THAT HE JUST NEUTERED JAWN - AND PUT ON FLEA AND TICK CONTROL?  And WILL THERESA REALIZE THAT SHE'S THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE ROOM?

Rest up, folks.  Tomorrow I'm sure we'll be hearing Maggie wailing at breaking-the-sound-barrier levels.  I only hope Victor gets in a few pithy comments.

• Love 10
(edited)

What IS Abigail supposed to be? Is she supposed to be a heroine? She's not an anti-heroine, I know that much. But because of the way she's played I have no idea what category to put her into.

Jennifer, when young, seemed like a real heroine type. And despite the affairs Carrie had, she seemed like a heroine type. But Abigail seems too unlikable to fit into that category at all....

Is she supposed to be a gray character of some sort? Uh, like Lexie? But  Lexie, even when she was giving into her lascivious sexual needs,  seemed more likable when she was cheating on Abe,  doing some evil Dimera activities, or giving into Sami's stupid schemes because she wanted to hide her affairs....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I like Lucas, I do.... but he can be such a weenie.  When he got his knickers in a knot because Kate knew about Abigail and he didn't......quiet down, baby boy.  And much worse was Lucas going back to the 19th century when Abigail told him about her affair and putting it all on EJ.  I get how much he dislikes the guy, and I also get that no matter what Abigail does, he's going to be on her side - I get that.  But to deny that she had a say, had a choice, MADE a choice in having this affair has him saying that women are passive participants, always victims, even in consensual relationships.

I liked Lucas but he lost me the minute he threatened to take Allie away from Sami if she found out about the cheating because Allie likes Abby. 

I agree the kids need to be sheltered from this stuff.  But that taking Allie from her mother is his go to reaction to this mess in combination with not even bringing up what Allie's actions could do to his kid when Allie confessed and absolving her of blame instead...he's dead to me.  

• Love 1

Three days in and I am mostly enjoying myself. I like that there are people like Hope and Jennifer around (I watched during the 80s) and I also like seeing people I liked on other shows, Kassie, and was that Chrishell Stause today? I just love her. Jen Lilly too, though her character is not pulling off the Brady hit John thing very well, and why did she hit John in the first place? I guess that there was some trickery involved with her marrying Brady, no one seems to understand why.

• Love 1

Well, Theresa married Brady for his money, though she doesn't seem to realize that he derives his money from his grandfather Victor, who would cut him off with a penny once he found out he had married Theresa.  Why she hit John isn't clear, the girl just has lack of impulse control.

• Love 1
(edited)

Theresa hit Yawn because he had recorded what Theresa said about walking away from Brady if Yawn gave her a check of $1M plus and she would get out of Salem. He was gonna play it for Brady when he sobered up but Theresa knew that it would ruin her plans so she whacked him.

Edited by ShadowSixx
I felt so badly for Sami in that scene.  She was so beaten down and you could tell she knew that Kate was about to pile on.

I don't know. I mean, Kate fixed her a cocktail! (And did Kate say something to Lucas about how she knew that EJ and Abby were cheating but she didn't tell Sami because she didn't want to hurt her?) Hmmm. I think Sami might be surprised tomorrow and Kami will actually have some nice scenes. Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but this is what, day 3 of Abby being excused for everything while everyone bashes Sami for telling the truth because oh, THAT'S the worst thing ever!! Lucas can go DIAF. Abby was, again, actually trying to take some responsibility for her actions and acknowledge that Sami (and Carrie) is right to be upset and has a valid reason to think poorly of her, and Lucas acted just like his sister and pooh poohed all that. I can't 100% blame Abby for how she's turned out because it's been amply demonstrated the last couple of days that when she tries to learn from her mistakes and work her shit out, people just blow smoke up her ass and tell her she's awesome. She's a Horton Horror, but she was made that way.

Nice to have confirmation today that Sami learned the truth after Nick's murder. That fits in with what we saw in terms of how Sami was acting with EJ during that time - she seemed sincere with him, and I also didn't think she would have signed onto the hitman and implicated herself in that way if she'd already known he was a cheating bastard that she was going to get revenge on.

• Love 3

This show is going to be unbearable If Gagby continues getting this much screen time and KM stays in the role. After Sami leaves there's not going to be much left that I care about enough to put up with that bullshit.

• Love 6

Hopefully the writers just groom LK and JL to take over as leading females for their age group, cause if they're relying on Abby & Jenn as the females to take over the show then that's gonna be stank cause KM is just as bad an actress as DH. She'll be confusing viewers with her emotions and facial expressions or they might make KDP the leading lady for her age group, but anybody besides KM.

Hell maybe if the writers rewrite Bev into an actual likable character I'll take her over Abby.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't get why Abigail is allowed to get away with everything, but JJ has to pay for his sins all the time.

One would think they'd both get treated like princesses (or princes?).

I get that Lucas has probably always liked Abigail, but since he's on so infrequently, it was kind of strange to me to see that he didn't want Allie to know about Abigail participating in cheating (as if she'd understand what the concept is at that age? although maybe kids these days aren't that innocent....) I could have understood if he had said he didn't want Allie to know her new stepfather had cheated on her mother, but the protection of Abigail's rep in this particular context is strange to me, if only because I don't see Lucas that often with Abigail. BTW, does he know JJ exists?

Although is he the only character that can bring self-awareness to characters? Everyone kind of seems to tell the truth about themselves to him...Maybe they should have him march off to EJ's prison cell to talk to him so that we can find out what he was thinking throughout this long drawn out 6 month process of stupidity....

Also, what "family" is Lucas going to talk to salvage Abigail's rep? Adrienne? She might be shocked for a minute in a loud way, but I don't think she'll slam Abigail or anything...the worst thing she'll bring up is that Abigail slept with a DIMERA, since most of the time that's what everyone seems focused on,  but  I doubt they'd stone her.  However, Adrienne hates Sami, so maybe she'll congratulate Abigail....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
I wasn't really surprised that Lucas would blame EJ. It would have been way weirder if he didn't. He hates EJ, so the blaming seemed consistent.

Lucas doesn’t like EJ so it doesn’t surprise me that he didn’t cut him any slack but he really wore his Horton hat yesterday brushing off Abigail’s role in the affair.  I’m getting really tired of everyone absolving Abby of her part.  EJ didn’t force her and he didn’t delude her that he wasn’t involved with someone else, so to me it’s a 50/50 responsibility/blame. I can only hope that all these delusional people get a real wake up call and that there is a mistress-begging video out there somewhere that goes viral. My interest and patience is wearing pretty thin with this show to begin with so I sincerely hope we get some head shakes and tongue clicking at Abigail very soon. It is long past due for the fall of the house of Horton and no better time than for it to start with Abigail’s debacle.

Theresa, Theresa, Theresa... yes, you were trying to cover your tracks in the midst of panic, but even a burgeoning bad girl knows not to leave fingerprints behind when one is up to something nefarious.

Since we saw Theresa wipe the prints and use a tissue or something several times I’m figuring Abe’s last line yesterday will be a fake out. Technically, shouldn’t there be a bunch of prints on the poker…as in Victor’s, Maggie’s, everyone who uses the fireplace in the house???

• Love 3

So Sami confirmed that Nick sent her the pictures after he was killed.  She went looking for security footage of EJ in the shower after that?  That would be more in line with her comment the other day about her being nice to Abby during her pregnancy scare, and having no idea EJ could be the father.  I'm waiting for Sami to throw that piece of info into EJ's face, too.

I really hope Sami's revenge plans don't get derailed by all the people rushing to defend Abigail.  I just don't get it.  Abby is not a nice person.  She's gone after two married men and pitted two more guys against one another in order to get their attention in a very short amount of time.  She doesn't learn, and yet she has the audacity to judge other people harshly for their actions while skating on any consequences for her own.  I don't know what category she's supposed to be in either, though boring, hypocritical, and useless would work.  And again, having everyone say over and over again how beautiful she is will not make it so.

I liked Lucas but he lost me the minute he threatened to take Allie away from Sami if she found out about the cheating because Allie likes Abby.

This!  Lucas can follow Jen down the elevator shaft for that comment.  What an ass.

• Love 4

It would be nice if Kate really was on Sami’s side, and if she had a video of the boring twit begging to be EJ’s mistress that she put on the internet.

As much as I am enjoying Sami, I’m beyond tired of her getting all the blame from everyone for something that isn’t her fault.

• Love 3

Who's blaming Sami for the affair? I see a lot of EJ-blaming, but that makes sense, considering that he is a rapist and a manipulator. I also see Abby correcting that assumption. But I haven't seen anyone, outside of EJ's "You threw me out of your bed" comment, blame Sami for the affair.
I'm blaming her for being an asshole to Jennifer and Ben, but that's an entirely different thing.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Allie finds out about the Ejabby affair and is devastated and loses all respect for Abigail, Lucas has no one to blame but Abigail herself for participating in it in the first place. Frankly if Lucas had half a brain (which after yesterday he apparently doesn't), he wouldn't want Allie around Abigail anymore. She's hardly a role model. 

As much as I am enjoying Sami, I’m beyond tired of her getting all the blame from everyone for something that isn’t her fault.

Me too! I want to see a new coven join forces and support Sami and go against Abby. A team of Sami, Kate, Theresa, and Ciara would be awesome. Would love to see that little 8 year old knock Abby down a peg or two

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think Kate implied (or directly said?) Sami got cheated on because she kicked EJ out of  bed.

I don't know if she said that because that's just the way Kate talks about men and sees them more generally as horndogs, or because she wanted to keep Sami in line by firing her up, but she did seem to point to EJ cheating because of the lack of intimacy Sami was providing.

I do see other implying that Sami should shut up about the affair to other people (which I generally find to be flawed logic because other women tend to provoke the girlfriend, fiance, or wife,  into making these things public when they sleep with attached men),  but Abigail herself was willing to make the affair public if EJ didn't keep providing sex, so it's hard for me to feel sorry for Abigail in that regard. She didn't seem to care that people  (or Sami) would know if she thought she could have EJ. Abigail was more than willing to out the affair and didn't seem to have shame about the hit her rep could take or that her mother would look at her funny, so I don't see why I should care now that Sami is going around telling people. I thought that's what Abigail wanted -- for people to know!. However, the only thing is that now that that's the actual outcome,  EJ doesn't want Abigail and still wants Sami, so I suppose Abigail is probably crying that she got nothing out of the affair? Except for Sami no longer thinking Abigail is a nice person?

Maybe it would be easier to feel sorry for Abigail if she had always wanted to keep the affair a secret (like most saner women would prefer), but she didn't -- she did want  the the affair exposed on HER terms (and those terms fully included getting EJ).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I need for Adrienne and Julie to stay off screen indefinitely. It's going to be bad enough having to watch Marlena defend Abby and tell Sami she's a terrible person for "destroying" her life. Everyone in Salem needs to be bitch slapped. 

• Love 2
I do see other implying that Sami should shut up about the affair to other people,  but Abigail herself was willing to make the affair public if EJ didn't keep providing sex, so it's hard for me to feel sorry for Abigail in that regard. She didn't seem to care that people  (or Sami) would know if she thought she could have EJ.

Good point. Abigail would have no doubt been fine going public if EJ was her man. I believe that her shame is more in the fact that he chose Sami over her, something that till he shouted across the room how much he loved Sami, Abigail did not believe.   I also agree that so far “the town” has treated Sami like she should just suck it up and get over the affair—that she should have expected it because it was EJ. Yet I feel that a large part of that is because it was with the sainted Abigail.  If EJ would have banged Theresa, Jennifer and Abby would probably feel sorry for Sami, if not have participated in outing Theresa.

I wish Kate would have Sami’s back a little more. It would be far more interesting to see her support Sami and take on Abby than this train wreck of a story with Tammi Sue!

• Love 3

I do see other implying that Sami should shut up about the affair to other people, but Abigail herself was willing to make the affair public if EJ didn't keep providing sex, so it's hard for me to feel sorry for Abigail in that regard.

I don't think that's unreasonable, though. It really is between Sami, Abby, and EJ. It's not good tv to take the high road, though. I don't feel badly for Abby that people are finding out. I just don't think that Sami looks good airing her dirty laundry, and that crap with Ben was really unnecessary.

• Love 1
(edited)

For most people, I don't think airing dirty laundry is a good idea (like if you're Princess Diana or Jackie Kennedy). But since everyone already thinks (as Sami herself said to EJ about herself that she's a "nasty piece of work"), I figure she has nothing to lose. It's not like everyone is going to suddenly thinks she has dignity or has evolved into someone with great character if she keeps silent, so in her case, I don't think it matters much if she goes around telling people. People are going to think she stinks anyway...

Despite the fact that Abigail was the one having an affair with EJ, and I can't recall Sami doing anything to her prior, Abigail seemed to stick her nose down at Sami anyway (at least that seemed to be implied in the subtext of KM's acting)....

Adrienne also has disdain for Sami, and I can't recall Sami doing anything to her either, other than defend her son when Adrienne criticized for him being inappropriate for Sonny...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I think it just surprises me that nobody including her own family seems to have any sympathy for Sami.  If that had happened to a friend, we would all be circling the wagons and talking major smack about the cheaters.  And if it were a family member that had been cheated on?  We would bring the torches.  For me, this doesn't feel very realistic in that NOBODY is on Sami's side.  And that Jennifer never said to Abigail "what the hell were you thinking?"  You can be a supportive parent and still be appalled by your child's behavior.

• Love 9
(edited)

If Sami goes and does a public tell-all interview like Princess Diana or Prince Charles, I'd probably think she's gone too far....

But simply telling Jennifer and Ben seems like something that could happen in everyday normal people's lives...

She's not even going on Jerry Springer....although I've probably spoken too soon, and maybe Jerry Springer might make an appearance...

Sami might have been okay with the infidelity itself, but the lack of protection Abigail and EJ used would enrage even the nicest person....that takes the infidelity to another level of stupidity...

So far, Sami has only told people who would support Abigail anyway...did anyone really think Jennifer was going to spit in her daughter's face? Or that Ben would dump Abigail for something that had nothing to do with him? I don't think even Sami thought Jennifer would dump Abigail on the nearest street-corner...

Real, hard-core, cruel revenge would be Sami telling everyone that Abigail has chlamydia or crabs....

She hasn't even done anything to EJ's bowels yet....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

People were already turning on Sami when all she had done was confront EJ and the boring twit with what she knew, and then told Will and Sonny why she didn't care if EJ rotted in jail.  At this point, Sami hasn't publicly outed EJ's cheating, but I want her to.  I want the pics, the security tape, and a video of the conference room scene posted all over the internet.  Everyone is blaming Sami, and making her life miserable anyway.  I would love for Sami to get ownership of CW, pack up her children, and leave Salem without telling anyone.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Maxie said meaner things to Liz on GH when it was revealed that Liz was  having affair with her fiancee's brother, and the situation didn't seem to  have anything to do with Maxie  in the least (not that I minded hearing Maxie embarrass Liz IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE HOSPITAL)....

What Sami is doing to Abigail seems tame to me....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

It's like when someone cheats on their spouse in real life, it doesn't give me any satisfaction to know someone's dirty laundry when that happens.  Regardless of who I'm closer to.  I don't wanna know about your personal life and I definitely don't wanna know what's happening in your bedroom.  Leave me out of it.  I have enough drama of my own to handle.

Sami running to tell Ben was ridiculously stupid.  Why the fuck does she care?  Her crocodile tears about it was over the top and I fast forwarded through most of it.  What did she expect Ben to do?  "You're right Sami...Abby?  Total slut.  I will never speak to her again.  Thank you so much for caring enough to tell me even though we've never spoken before and I'm not quite sure why you give a shit about my relationship with someone you don't like anyway."????

Yes....fantastic writing.  Way to make Sami look stupidly pathetic in her quest to destroy Abby.

Her reasoning for wanting to destroy EJ was also stupid.  Because of the secret he kept about Eric?  Seems she was all too happy to let it go when they were in love and he wasn't cheating.  But NOW he's got to pay for what he did.  Seriously?

This whole storyline is stupid.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the reveal to Ben might have had some impact storyline wise if Abigail and Ben were actually in love....

KM re-tweeted one of the quotes Abigail said to EJ during one of the mistress propositions, so maybe that means Abigail is still in love with EJ?

No one in the soap media seems to be promoting Abigail and Ben. I do think Sami's reveal to Ben was a little dumb writing-wise in the sense that I didn't think Ben would dump Abigail for something that happened prior to meeting her, and also because of his own mysterious past where he most likely did somehting "bad," but I also couldn't get worked up about it because the show didn't build up a big connection between Abigail and Ben either for me to care that much that Sami was telling him what happened. I knew Abigail wasn't going to get hurt from it, so as of yet, I still don't feel sorry for her or scared for her (if that's what I'm supposed to feel -- I don't know what the writers want from us when it comes to Abigail).

Edited to ask:

Where is Stephano?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I don't care about Ben, and I think the only reason the writers had Sami tell Ben was so they could do the whole, "See how out of control Sami is?  This is all Sami's fault.  She is the bad guy here.  It doesn't matter that Sami was lied to and cheated on.  She isn't handling it the right way so she is bad."  The writers seem to think this, I don't.  Eric immediately running to support Jennifer just reinforces this.

• Love 2
(edited)

I didn't even get why Eric bothered to go to Jennifer, since she had immediately shifted her attention to Eve...

Once the reveal was over and she had excused Abigail, Jennifer seemed more intent on getting her kids to rally around her own revenge plan on Eve...(I guess Jennifer doesn't see it as a revenge plan but it's not like Eve is going to be using the money for running a prostitute harem and I find it hard to believe that Jennifer cares THAT much about the vets....she and Abigail didn't care that much that Jack had PTSD). Assuming Eve isn't lying, if the law says Eve has a right to that money, I don't know what Jennifer is fighting so  rabidly about...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5