Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I need Sami to go off the rails and brutally murder Abby. I just can't do this anymore. Gagby might be the most insufferable character I've ever seen. 

Sami didn't have any proof that Kristen raped Eric so how could she have helped him clear his name? Simply telling the bishop that she suspects EJ knows the truth isn't going to do anything. 

I don't understand Eric's reasoning. So far Sami hasn't done anything illegal so if she manages to send EJ to prison legally what's the problem? If EJ is so terrible wouldn't the kids be better off with him in prison?

JJ needs to sit his dumbass down somewhere before Sami throws him in the river. 

Eve needs to have that psycho arrested. 

• Love 5

Most people that get cheated on are hurt, angry, and lash out.  So far, for Sami, this has been pretty tame.

JJ thinks he is going to tell Sami off?  In the first place, Sami is the wronged party here.  She has a right to her anger.  Secondly, not only is Sami a hell of an excellent shot, she can also throw a punch.  She has been in a war with EJ Dimera for over eight years, she shot EJ in the head, and she just had EJ put in jail, but JJ thinks he can take on Sami.  Good luck with that.  Clearly, JJ is now heading down the same path as Brady, EJ, John, the Salem PD, and the Dimera hitmen.  All to stupid to live.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think outing Abby to her mom, while fun to watch, was a pretty bitchy move, and not in the empowering sense of the world. Her beef is with Abby and EJ, and hurting anyone else isn't necessary. Even when that person is Jennifer! I don't see Sami going all ragey on everyone as a positive character trait. Granted, the Devereaux clan's reactions aren't doing them any favors, either.

(Jennifer would be hurt eventually when the truth came out, but by Sami coming at Abby, it shifts the focus from Abby's actions to Sami's rantings. It's a better tactical move to sit back and watch the shit hit the fan;  Sami should know that)

Edited by shesajar
(edited)

So far, I'm okay with Sami's revenge plan because it involves some business sense and acumen.

All the other plans involving several characters trying to  plot Nick's murder was too stupid.

Sami is using a plan which involves actual brain activity. That's why I like it.

Although Abby is such an irritating person that even if Sami decided to go on a murderous rampage, I suppose I wouldn't be THAT bothered because Abigail seems to one of the most annoying characters in recent memory. No, seriously, why is she so annoying? Even when she's doing nothing, she's sort of irritating. She's like some weird form of negative charisma. It's a mystery, I tell you.

Edited to add:

I guess because Jennifer has gone all ragey on a number of women she thought had slept with Daniel, and Eve is probably next, I guess Sami's behavior doesn't seem particularly immature to me within the context of this show. Perhaps real life? But this show where Jennifer yells at anyone who didn't even sleep with Daniel???

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Abby STFU, you didn't bash Sami's face in when she was confronting you. Bitch, take several seats, 50/50 is equal not more than generous you stupid fucked up twit. She really needed to STFU again when she went to confront Eve and making a spectacle of herself and committing assault. Now she wants to blame it on her losing control when JJ comes, bitch, don't believe that shit for one second, cause Abby couldn't even sell that slap with the look on her face after she hit Eve, she looked like, “Am I doing this right?”

I'm glad Sami was telling Ben and putting on an act. Get that bitch, Sami!!!

Fuck you Jenn, who the fuck are you to say whether or not Eve loves Paige with that “I hope” bullshit. Jenn can question Eve all she wants but she has no right to question someone's parenting especially with the two demon spawns she raised. Sorry JJ but you wanting to blame EJ and then track Sami down was just uncalled for and that entitled Deveraux/Horton persona he has is his most stank feature.

Eric, what a way to support your sister. Why is he constantly a dumbass? Call Daniel, Really?? What is Daniel gonna do? Beat up EJ? You STFU up too Eric.

Not interested in Theresa/Brady.

• Love 3
(edited)

Okay, well now Abigail is screaming at Eve?

Yeah, see, I think this is how things work in Salem., Everybody screams at each other even when there really isn't a reason to be doing so. So Sami's behavior in this storyline probably doesn't seem weird to me for that reason.

I actually thought Abigail might break out into the Jerry Springer finger snaps...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

JJ's loyalty is commendable -- misguided, but commendable. I say if he wants to go after Sami for making his sister feel bad, let him. But he should prepare to have his butt handed to him. Sami is the wronged party, as has been pointed out, and -- AND! -- he needs to learn that his mother's sophistry about EJ being the "cheating" party is just plain wrongheaded. JJ is mistaken as well as immature, but he's young enough that I find it forgivable. I don't think he's in Brady's class of too dumb to live -- or John's. Not yet, anyway.

I watched the scene where Theresa clanged John with the fireplace poker, but I don't see how hitting him in the head makes any difference. It's not like any vital functions are happening up there.

Taken in isolation, I thought JJ's conversation with Eve might actually have been sincere. I thought Eve could be legit. Does that make me naive?

• Love 1

Yeah, see, I think this is how things work in Salem., Everybody screams at each other even when there really isn't a reason to be doing so. So Sami's behavior in this storyline probably doesn't seem weird to me for that reason.

But Sami will be demonized for her behavior while everyone else will be considered justified.

So far, all Sami had done, is tell the truth.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why didn't Abigail go to Ben to tell her what was going down with EJ and Sami?

Instead she runs off to get into an altercation with Eve.

Jennifer could have spent the time talking about what to do about Sami (I'm sure the Eve angle can wait for another day) and maybe do some damage control,  but instead she spends all her time talking about Eve?

This family is weird, and is not very good at problem-solving!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Jennifer is too stupid: "This is eating her up inside, Eric."

Uh, no, she's going around slapping people!

What Jenn clearly meant was "You wouldn't like Abby when she's angry."

I can kind of understand Eric's logic; it makes sense that he'd worry that Sami's focus on revenge is going to hurt her in the end. I think she's justifiably angry, but I hope she can abandon her rage at some point.

Most people that get cheated on are hurt, angry, and lash out.  So far, for Sami, this has been pretty tame.

JJ thinks he is going to tell Sami off?  In the first place, Sami is the wronged party here.  She has a right to her anger.  Secondly, not only is Sami a hell of an excellent shot, she can also throw a punch.  She has been in a war with EJ Dimera for over eight years, she shot EJ in the head, and she just had EJ put in jail, but JJ thinks he can take on Sami.  Good luck with that.  Clearly, JJ is now heading down the same path as Brady, EJ, John, the Salem PD, and the Dimera hitmen.  All to stupid to live.

How does defending his sister make him stupid?  To me, that seems pretty usual and something I would expect out of my brother.  

Sami absolutely has a right to her anger.  But as usual she walks around like a bull in a China shop demolishing everything.  That's the problem with Sami and why I, for one, cannot stand her as a character.  She thinks that because Abby wronged her she has a right to end her life, which is bullshit.  Sami has done MUCH worse and she's still alive....and she has a pretty decent life.  

This whole idea that no one should ever fuck with Sami is ridiculous.  She's nothing to be scared of.  In fact, she's fairly pathetic being that she's almost 40 with children and is getting her rocks off by destroying the life of someone who shouldn't be a blip on her screen.

She had her moment to tell Abby off....move on now.  All this constant poking of Abby is doing is making her look like a huge bully.

• Love 3
(edited)

She thinks that because Abby wronged her she has a right to end her life, which is bullshit.

Sami may not have a right to ruin Abby but if she did there would be a lot of people cheering her on.

In fact, she's fairly pathetic being that she's almost 40 with children and is getting her rocks off by destroying the life of someone who shouldn't be a blip on her screen.

How exactly has Sami destroyed Abby's life? I really REALLY do not understand what's happening right now. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

I don't understand either, Sami isn't going around telling lies. She's telling the truth about what happened between Abby & EJ. All Sami is doing is telling people that are in Abby's life and then it's up to them to decide how they feel about it. She's not saying Ben break up with Abby, see her for the trashy whore she really is. She told him about the affair and left it at that.

• Love 3
(edited)

If part of Sami's revenge is going to be, as has been speculated, circulating the footage of Elvis/Abby sexycabintimes, then that might qualify as attempting to ruin Abigail's life. Personally, I think it would be just as satisfying in story terms for Sami to have confronted Abby about her part in the infidelity and then dismissed her, as being beneath her further notice. Or almost as satisfying. I guess I could never be a soap character - I fail to see the appeal of revenge as a career path.

Also: I agree that the show needs to call a moratorium on men characters calling women "whore." A horatorium, if you will.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't think Sami is doing much to Abigail so far. She's just pointing out facts and leaving it up to the other people to decide what to think. I think Sami logically knows that Jennifer isn't going to abandon her daughter though. If Ben dumps Abigail, that's his own idiocy -- but I didn't hear Sami order him to break up with Abigail. As if he doesn't have his own brain to make up his mind...well, this is Days, so you never know.

All Sami is doing is what Abigail is doing to Eve -- yell a bit. Big whoop. Sami didn't even slap Abigail the way Abigail did to Eve.

I think the tape of the conference room encounter might get shown, but as of yet we don't know if Sami is going to be the one to do that. If she's seen the tape of that incident, that could explain why she's so ragey at Abigail. Abigail was acting foul in the conference room. But somehow I think the tape will come out through some other circumstance if Jennifer keeps insisting EJ was predatory and took advantage of Abigail. She has admitted the sex was consensual, but I don't think she's told Jennifer the full extent of how aggressive she was in her mistress proposition. Jennifer still seems to be under some weird delusion that EJ forced Abigail to have sex. Maybe EJ will get fed up and show it....

However, I'm not even sure if Sami saw the conference room proposition because I think she'd be less angry at EJ if she did. I think Sami saw shower and cabin sex, but so far we haven't seen any video yet -- we're just hearing a lot of blustering from Sami, which is exactly how Abigail is acting with Eve.  But nothing concrete has yet been shown. Marlena is the one who showed a sex tape in church! Who knows if Sami will actually do the same thing....but so far the evidence seems to point to  Marlena enjoying revenge by  showing sex tapes in holy places! We still really don't know what Sami will do, but so far all I've seen her do is get angry and tell the truth.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

How does defending his sister make him stupid?  To me, that seems pretty usual and something I would expect out of my brother.  

Sami absolutely has a right to her anger.  But as usual she walks around like a bull in a China shop demolishing everything.  That's the problem with Sami and why I, for one, cannot stand her as a character.  She thinks that because Abby wronged her she has a right to end her life, which is bullshit.  Sami has done MUCH worse and she's still alive....and she has a pretty decent life.  

This whole idea that no one should ever fuck with Sami is ridiculous.  She's nothing to be scared of.  In fact, she's fairly pathetic being that she's almost 40 with children and is getting her rocks off by destroying the life of someone who shouldn't be a blip on her screen.

She had her moment to tell Abby off....move on now.  All this constant poking of Abby is doing is making her look like a huge bully.

Have she even bothered to talked to her kids? This is going to effect them as much as it's going to effect her and EJ. Eric was right. She needs to focus on her children. But, typical Sami! It's all her and her pain. When will this grown ass woman get her priorities straight?!

• Love 1
(edited)

How would one explain this to little people of  Johnny's age though? Uh, your dad had an affair with your babysitter, Abigail, and that's why I'm ticked! That seems kind of weirder to me.

I understand Eric's logic, but, uh, this guy fell for Nicole. Brady fell for Kristen, and then accuses his brother of enjoying what Kristen did to him. These men are driving me crazy with how they think whatever Sami chooses to do is bad, but throw logic out the window when Nicole and Kristen are involved.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

So once again I have this sneaking suspicion that there's a canyon-wide gap between the writers' intentions and my actual perception. Are we truly supposed to feel sorry for Abby? That's neither snarky nor rhetorical, by the way...I'm just genuinely confused! The one thing I'm clear on is that I haven't liked these past couple of episodes much at all.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I think maybe we're supposed to be scared for Abigail, but all I see is Sami talking a lot (which seems natural for any fiancee/wife), but not doing much damage to her.

I think Marlena did worse to Eric, her own son....but it's not like we've heard anybody, other than Eric, really castigate Marlena for showing a sex tape in church. Everyone else seemed to act like that was normal...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

How would one explain this to little people of  Johnny's age though? Uh, your dad had an affair with your babysitter, Abigail, and that's why I'm ticked! That seems kind of weirder to me.

You took that literally and that's not how she meant it.

Has Sami sat down and explained to her kids why their father isn't around all of the sudden?  I mean, he's in jail and his name is in all the papers, I would assume these kids interact with other kids outside of their family.  There's been no scene of her sitting down to explain to them what's gone on.  

I don't think anyone expects Sami to sit down and explain their father was sexing up another woman.  But again, let's make sure we deflect from the fact that Sami has the emotional maturity of a 6 year old and probably wouldn't know how to explain that to her children anyway.

For a woman who is constantly given a pass because of her shitty ass mother she's certainly no mother herself.  You'd think she'd have learned her lesson.

And yes, it IS all about Sami.  As usual.  Rather than focusing on dealing with the fallout of yet ANOTHER impending divorce for her children, she's too busy shouting from the roof tops about what Abby did to her.

But again.....none of this story line has been shocking.  All so predictable.  Ali Sweeney should be happy she's leaving considering they just keep recycling her stories over and over.

(edited)

Sami is a bitch often, no argument.  it's just weird that no one is blaming Abby for her conduct. It's coming off like she is the injured party.  And this is a soap, the revenge is supposed to be extreme even though blanking Abby and EJ would be a bigger burn.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wouldn't say Sami is a great mother, but then again I don't think anyone on this show is.

I think Jennifer should be trying to help out Abigail in some way, but instead she's banging on about Eve. WTF is Jennifer doing?

Yes, I did over-interpret literally about an explanation just because I think the whole situation is sort of funny in terms of how you actually could explain this mess,  but I don't know how anyone could honestly explain to their kids what has been going on with EJ. That's like EJ's mom trying to explain to EJ why Stephano is the way he is. EJ is an odd man, and I think this plan of Sami's is better than what she's done in the past. She's taking his company away, which he'll probably get back when his Daddy intervenes,  and he'll probably spend a week in jail -- oh, the trauma. And he's not some weakling . He's a 6'4" inch man with an Oxford degree -- maybe he could explain to his kids why he screws up his life all the time.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jennifer has always been a seflish mother....I wouldn't expect her to change now.  

And just because Sami can't figure out how to explain it doesn't give her a pass.  She knows who and what EJ is...maybe she should've thought about having to explain his misdeeds to them before she had his kids.  And not just his misdeeds....hers as well.  She shot their father in the head for Christ's sake....

I don't get all this outrage over the fact that no one has looked at Abby and said she's done wrong.  Does anyone do that to ANYONE on this show other than Lucas or Victor?  There are very clearly people we are supposed to root for and people we're not supposed to root for.  Has anyone told Jennifer she treated Jack shitty and is probably the reason he's dead?  Has anyone told Maggie she's a nosy old bitch and should back off?  Has anyone ever told Hope she's a moron for being a cop?  Has anyone ever told Will he's spineless and whiny?

So why would you expect JJ to look at his sister and tell her she's a big fat ho-bag?  He's going to defend her.  End of story.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
(edited)

I don't know if I'm giving Sami a pass for her parenting skills.  I don't know if I'm even suggesting Sami wouldn't know how to explain things -- I just think that whatever EJ lands himself into might be beyond the comprehension of kids Johnny's age, and *I* wouldn't know how to explain it to a 6 year old.  I also  just don't think Sami's mode of revenge is that bad as compared to how she's gotten angry in the past. As of yet, whatever she's doing seems mild to me. Austin and Carrie got the brunt of her bad behavior. Compared to that, she's sparing EJ and Abigail. And unlike Carrie and Austin, EJ and Abigail kind of deserve what she's dishing out to them.   And I have no problem with JJ defending her sister just as I have no problem with Jennifer throwing Sami out the door. I do think Jennifer has to get it out of her head that EJ took advantage of Abigail though. If she keeps yapping about that, EJ might tell her point blank what went down rather than any tape getting shown.

There are times I've come down on Sami, but I don't have anything against her in this storyline. Sometimes that happens. It's not as if opinions stay constant all the time for characters that are on the show for decades.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Just because they don't show it doesn't make it less frustrating for me as a viewer.  I wouldn't expect JJ to call his sister a ho.  I don't even like that word.  All I would like Jen and JJ to do is stop blaming EJ and show some understanding that Sami is angry because Abby and EJ hurt her.  Sami is not going after Abby for nothing.  Mention EJ's kids too.

• Love 1
(edited)

But what would JJ be defending his sister from?  All Sami did was tell the truth.

From the onslaught of someone running around town proclaiming his sister is a slut?

It seems pretty black and white to me here.  People think EJ and his charisma and charms are everything every woman wants.  No woman can resist.  Abby is young still and inexperienced, at least inexperienced when it comes to men like EJ.  So it goes without saying for her family and friends, that it was HIM who initiated it.  Not her.  We know that isn't how it happened, but the rest of the town doesn't.  And Abby sure as hell isn't going to correct anyone in that thinking since she's terrified of Sami's wrath.

Are you all expecting her family members to just leave her twisting in the wind while Sami continually comes after her?  Jennifer doesn't like EJ so it's not a stretch for her to point the finger at him.  And JJ doesn't know enough about anyone so it makes sense that he would blindly follow his mother's lead and react with loyalty to his sister.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 1

You took that literally and that's not how she meant it.

Has Sami sat down and explained to her kids why their father isn't around all of the sudden?  I mean, he's in jail and his name is in all the papers, I would assume these kids interact with other kids outside of their family.  There's been no scene of her sitting down to explain to them what's gone on.  

I don't think anyone expects Sami to sit down and explain their father was sexing up another woman.  But again, let's make sure we deflect from the fact that Sami has the emotional maturity of a 6 year old and probably wouldn't know how to explain that to her children anyway.

For a woman who is constantly given a pass because of her shitty ass mother she's certainly no mother herself.  You'd think she'd have learned her lesson.

And yes, it IS all about Sami.  As usual.  Rather than focusing on dealing with the fallout of yet ANOTHER impending divorce for her children, she's too busy shouting from the roof tops about what Abby did to her.

But again.....none of this story line has been shocking.  All so predictable.  Ali Sweeney should be happy she's leaving considering they just keep recycling her stories over and over.

I'm sorry, I should have being more clearer about what she should have mentioned to her children. What I meant to say is have she tried to explain where their father is. I would never expect her to tell them about the situation between EJ/Abigail. Sadly, those poor kids always get caught up in the middle of Sami's drama.

(edited)

I don't think JJ and Jennifer are wrong in thinking certain things, but it does make for lame tv viewing.

I like JJ well enough, but it's hard to feel any sympathy for Jennifer. She's so clueless.

The writers probably should have made the Ben/Abigail romance have more of a connection so that I could actually care that Ben knows now. It feels like nothing is at stake there.

I think I could buy Jennifer thinking EJ took advantage of Abigail if the Austin situation had not happened. But there's a precedent there that makes Jennifer's naivete seem a bit off. She needs to start paying attention...

It's funny how JJ is acting the opposite of how he acted in Abigail's nightmare where JJ put his hand over his mouth and let Sami slug away at Abigail. Maybe Abigail doesn't know her family has her back...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

All this siding with Abby is going to bite them in the ass if the video footage that Sami has is of the conference room.  That exchange paints EJ in a favourable light and I would love it if he was the one to play it to show Sami that he turned Abby down when he had a choice.  EJ is gonna get tired of getting all the blame and I suspect that EJ and Sami might reconcile leaving Abby as the embarrassed one.

I get the feeling that this is not the end for Abby because they are playing that beat where everyone blames EJ at first.  I am hoping there is more.

It would have been more juicy if Jen had cast Abby out because Abby has always had her mother's support.  I would have been interested to see how she coped.  This manner of reacting is just like with Carrie and Austin and it shows no growth from Jennifer as a parent as the severity of the infraction has increased.

Of course JJ can react positively with his lack of information but even when Sami hurt people, Marlena and Roman would spare a thought for the people she had hurt while trying to protect her.  I can recall them intervening when she drugged Austin because they wanted to keep Sami out of jail, but I stand corrected, cos I'm pretty rusty on 90's Days.

They should just get rid of Ben.  He's only on to give Abby something to do.  While they're at it, just write Abby out so they won't have to find subpar love interests for her.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1
(edited)

What is JJ going to say to Sami?  Stop telling the truth.  Sami hasn't done anything except tell the truth.  Besides if JJ goes over to Sami's and confronts her, my money is on Sami in any fight.

However, I would much rather see Sami focusing on making EJ miserable, and interacting with Kate because Jenn and her children are all so lame and pathetic.  They are no match for Sami so except for the initial revelation nothing interesting is going to happen with them.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

If Sami were to forgive EJ based on a video of him turning her down even though he didn't any other time.....THAT would be lame TV viewing.

She's this pissed off and all he has to do is show her a video that he actually said no....once.....and that's enough to forgive everything?  

Although I guess it wouldn't shock me.  He could rape her twice and that didn't piss her off enough to leave him and destroy his life....but cheat on her?  All bets are off.  WTF?

• Love 1

All this siding with Abby is going to bite them in the ass if the video footage that Sami has is of the conference room.  That exchange paints EJ in a favourable light and I would love it if he was the one to play it to show Sami that he turned Abby down when he had a choice.  EJ is gonna get tired of getting all the blame and I suspect that EJ and Sami might reconcile leaving Abby as the embarrassed one.

I get the feeling that this is not the end for Abby because they are playing that beat where everyone blames EJ at first.  I am hoping there is more.

It would have been more juicy if Jen had cast Abby out because Abby has always had her mother's support.  I would have been interested to see how she coped.  This manner of reacting is just like with Carrie and Austin and it shows no growth from Jennifer as a parent as the severity of the infraction has increased.

Of course JJ can react positively with his lack of information but even when Sami hurt people, Marlena and Roman would spare a thought for the people she had hurt while trying to protect her.  I can recall them intervening when she drugged Austin because they wanted to keep Sami out of jail, but I stand corrected, cos I'm pretty rusty on 90's Days.

Uh, Yeah. That should prove to Sami how much he really loves her. Forget about lying and being with Abigail more than one time. All that matters is him turning her away in that video.

(edited)

She shot him the head previously. I would say she was pretty ticked off at some point.

But this plan, while revenge-ful, does sound more logical to me. Which is why I don't mind it. This is the kind of plan one might see on the Y and R (though that show would have way less stupid dialogue).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

If Sami were to forgive EJ based on a video of him turning her down even though he didn't any other time.....THAT would be lame TV viewing.

She's this pissed off and all he has to do is show her a video that he actually said no....once.....and that's enough to forgive everything?  

Although I guess it wouldn't shock me.  He could rape her twice and that didn't piss her off enough to leave him and destroy his life....but cheat on her?  All bets are off.  WTF?

Sadly, I have a feeling this will probably be how they'll wrap up this so call love story.

Why would Sami forgive EJ?  Sami told EJ their relationship wasn’t worth saving, and she seemed pretty damn gleeful about destroying him.

Okay.......

I’m going to be disappointed if Sami forgives EJ, backs out of whatever her and Kate’s plans are, and the Dimeras get to keep terrorizing Salem with no consequences.  What was the point of writing this SL in the first place if that happens?

• Love 1

I'm not on the side of Sami forgiving EJ, but I strongly suspect it will happen.  Just a hunch.  With everyone lambasting EJ, I'm speculating that he might show the conference room exchange to highlight that Abby was an equal partner and yes, it might even put him in Sami's good books.  These writers can make anything happen.  If he can rape her twice and she can shoot him in the head, why should this stop them?

That video doesn't have to be the reason she forgives him,it could just be a stepping stone towards that end.  Right now,Sami is focusing more on her anger than her hurt.  Who knows what will happen next.

All I want is people to stop blaming EJ for everything.

(edited)

With Eric telling her to be a better person (and I assume everyone will follow Eric's lead), I think it's possible that Sami could forgive EJ, not because of the video, but because suddenly everybody thinks going after EJ is bad? Sami seems to be accomplishing what her father has aspired to for years but could never do, but since everybody has to contradict her and tell her that whatever she's doing is wrong, even though they've all tried to do the same thing, she'll probably want to listen to them. She seems more about pleasing them these days.

Marlena will tell Sami it's wrong to show a sex tape even though Marlena did the same thing in God's house.

Too bad John is in a coma. This is one of those times I'd like to hear what his opinion might be with his smell the fart expression.

Edited by bantering

Yeah but this time even Will is on the EJ Train and Marlena picks and chooses when she wants to be on it,so next thing you know Operation Forgive EJ could be a go.  I agree that Sami is always told to do the opposite of what she's doing now.  Ten bucks says Caroline will tell her how Shawn Sr forgave her for cheating with Victor.  They did the same when FakeRafe cheated on Sami with some random.

(edited)
I watched the scene where Theresa clanged John with the fireplace poker, but I don't see how hitting him in the head makes any difference. It's not like any vital functions are happening up there.

Isn’t that the truth. His head is filled with computer chips anyways from Stef many years ago, right?

Has Sami sat down and explained to her kids why their father isn't around all of the sudden?  I mean, he's in jail and his name is in all the papers, I would assume these kids interact with other kids outside of their family.  There's been no scene of her sitting down to explain to them what's gone on. 

Unless they show it in the days to come, I think it’s one of those assumed scenes shown off screen. It’s certainly not all that vital to the plot so I personally don’t feel like I need to see it.  In the meantime, I doubt the kids read the papers, and it’s summer so they aren’t around the kids at school. For the time being maybe they just think EJ is on a business trip. Heck, Grampy Stefano hasn’t been home in months so they won’t get suspicious that he’s flying around on his plane dodging arrest warrants. 

It seems pretty black and white to me here.  People think EJ and his charisma and charms are everything every woman wants.  No woman can resist.  Abby is young still and inexperienced, at least inexperienced when it comes to men like EJ.

Abby isn’t some fifteen year old girl. She’s traveled abroad, she’s had boyfriends, she’s been through college— she isn’t sheltered. Plus she’d have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to not know EJ’s reputation around town. She dated his brother; she’s not unfamiliar with the family.

I think I could buy Jennifer thinking EJ took advantage of Abigail if the Austin situation had not happened. But there's a precedent there that makes Jennifer's naivete seem a bit off. She needs to start paying attention...

Agree. Have the writers forgotten that storyline?

Jennifer’s morality and parenting is just whack! I can’t believe how the show props that family. I understand loving and supporting your daughter but when she’s twenty-two and has been through this same scenario TWICE now, I think it’s time to sit her down and express some disapproval, not to mention question the values you raised her with when twice now she has gone after the Brady women’s men. Add in that this time she thought she might be pregnant from the affair, well Jennifer (regardless of the fact that she loves her daughter) should be questioning how irresponsible Abigail is.  I can’t remember the last time I detested a family on this show more than I have the Horton/Deveraux’s in the last few days.  What does it take to give them a wake up call so they quit thinking their butts don’t stink?

While I’ve been looking forward to Sami’s revenge, these people are driving me nuts! Abigail needs to stick her nose out of the Eve lawsuit crap. She has enough problems sleeping with someone else’s fiancé without making a fool of herself in the town square named after her family by smacking Eve.  JJ needs to stay out of both his sister’s disaster of a sex life as well as his mommy’s lawsuit and act like a normal kid who just graduated high school.  Both Jennifer and Eve need to quit prattling on about what type of man Jack was and what he would have wanted. Blah, blah, blah. Just because you donate money to a veterans’ organization doesn’t mean you’re absolved of all your previous sins.  He’s dead, he signed the annulment paper—get over it. I almost laughed when that was questioned today. I kept thinking ‘well if Jack didn’t sign it then he and Eve are still married!’ Now wouldn’t that be a doozy of a legal problem for high and mighty Jennifer.

Sami, as the woman scorned, has every right to be angry, upset, and tell her story. I hope she takes out a billboard in the Horton Town Square and plays video of Abby begging to be EJ’s mistress.  Any woman would be furious to find out her fiancé was sleeping with another woman, but take into account that Sami is not known for being gentle and understanding and that EJ is a mob boss’s son—Abby and family should be thanking their lucky stars that Abby isn’t swimming face down in the river.  If they had any brains and remorse, Jenn and JJ would encourage Abby to lay low and be apologetic.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3

I'm now wondering if Sami is going to tell the people Abby is closest to and then through some contrived circumstance, like witnessing another run in between Abby and Eve, Sami gets the idea that giving Eve the tape is the best revenge.

Sami would just throw the tape on the internet because she doesn't really want anything tangible and its over.  Eve will use it as leverage and torture against the Jennifer and Abby to get what she wants.  Give me my money (and more and more and more) or the whole world will see how disappointed your father would have been in you.

• Love 1
(edited)

I always thought Abby was a stupid twit, but today she displayed that she has mental health issues.

True that.  I think Abby might garner more empathy from the viewers if we saw that she was a bit mentally unravelled.  Instead, she continues to be seen as this "golden child" that people will rush to defend and she seems to still be on her hypocritical high horse, passing judgement on others and appearing like she was the one wronged here, not the woman whose fiancee she slept with.  EJ is fully to blame as well, but he's another subject altogether.  Abby needs to own what she did and start showing some cracks.  If we see that others don't see her as perfect and she knows she is not on a pedestal, she might change her tone, especially if we see her hopping the crazy train more and more.

Sami is on a rampage, but IMO she is like this because she knows she is on her own with this.  People are still feeling for Abby, but you can bet if the tables were turned that it would be played differently.  If Abby were engaged to EJ and Sami slept with him, you and bet that the good people of Salem, especially Hortons, would be ready to burn her at the stake.  But since it is Abby, people are already jumping to her defense. 

As usual, people aren't showing Sami much support.  Kate is helping her, but has no sympathy for her situation.  Most of her family has blown her off anyway and the ones who know, like Eric and Will, are all "I'm staying out of this" and "take it easy on Abby".  If it were Abby going through this, she would be sitting back while the Horton brigade fought her battle for her, no doubt...

Theresa said it best last week when she said that she is on her own and has to do what it takes to take care of herself.  People like her and Nicole and Sami have been left to these devices for so long that they often handle things the wrong way.  They are the "bad girls" (so are Kate and Eve I'd say).  They get called out, they fail, they get smack talked, people are always ready to pounce.  The good girls like Jen, Abby, Maggie, etc are always going to be defended by so many before they have to stand on their own.  And they will always win in the end and people will always have their backs and support them 100%.  DOOL has always drawn a thick line between the goodies and the baddies, and who will always win and always lose.  I think we saw this with Dan too, as he is the "greatest human being ever", it happens with the guys to a somewhat lesser degree.  Just look at how Eric and Brady are regarded by the town's people.

Speaking of, I really like Theresa and Brady as a pair, but I fear they are taking them to the point of no return with this John situation.  I have to go back and watch more of this on my DVR, but if Theresa did that to John and framed Brady for it, I don't see how this will turn out well.  The truth always comes out.  Brady couldn't trust or forgive her after that.  She'll become the town pariah even further.  Such a shame.  I would have loved a story where B/T try to gain sobriety separately and stay away from each other knowing that being together is now good, al the while fighting their feelings and connections that they share.  Could have worked.  This, not so much...

I keep thinking that Theresa and Nicole should be friends.  They might hate each other because they know how much alike they are, but they could totally bond over this.  They both could use a friend too.

I did like how JJ and Eve dealt with each other today.  Much more rational that what Abby did, the crazy thing.  I kind of want Ben to keep his distance too,  Abby needs some sort of fallout from her part in this affair...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 6
(edited)

Theresa said it best last week when she said that she is on her own and has to do what it takes to take care of herself.  People like her and Nicole and Sami have been left to these devices for so long that they often handle things the wrong way.

This.

Sami and EJ's horrible history is one of the reasons I don't want Sami to forgive EJ.  When they got together, Sami and EJ agreed to a clean slate.  No lies, no secrets, no going back to the old ways, and yet here they are in the same place again.  Sami was a fool for getting together with EJ in the first place, but she will be an even bigger idiot if she stays with him.  EJ will just do this to her again.

Roman and Marlena have criticized Sami in the past for the things she did, but they also did a lot of, "Oh Sami, what have you done now," and then just let it go.  When Sami was a teenager, Marlena suggested she get counseling for her bulimia, however, Sami counter by telling Marlena she knew about Marlena's affair with John.  That's the only time I remember anyone suggesting Sami get psychological help, or any kind of counseling.

If Sami has a tape, she needs to give it to Ann or Eve, and tell them to do their worst.  Then Sami needs to get back to scheming with Kate, and stopping by the jail to taunt EJ.  That is way more entertaining than seeing Sami interact with Eric, the boring twit or Jennifer.

Ben doesn't really have a right to be angry about anything, but if he is, I bet he gets angry at EJ.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

So Abby fake-cries for about two minutes after Sami leaves the house, and then she goes to Horton Square to pass moral judgment on Eve and slap her?

Sami wasn't nearly hard enough on Abby, obviously, if she could recover that fast. And whatever one's opinion about the way Jennifer handled things while Sami was still in the house, she fell down on the job of being a parent afterwards. She could have discussed Abby's poor decision-making - especially since this is the second time she's gone for a man who's involved in a serious relationship! - but instead she excused Abby completely and pooh-poohed Abby's own attempts to take some responsibility for her actions.

The show really needs to have Abby go after Jen's man someday. Let Jen's terrible parenting come back to bite her.

• Love 13