Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

AS was fantastic today.  I can't wait to see what else Sami does and I hope she wasn't bluffing when she said Abby was about to be even more humiliated.

Can't say KM did much for Abby today.  It was kind of a let down, really. AS saved the scenes.

All she did was cry and let mommy take care of it....jenn needs to realize that Abby isn't a perfect angel and let her fight her own battles.... Ugh. And then mommy will tell everyone it was all Sami who made her little girl cry....

One of the ways the takedown of Abby could get even better is if there was somehow a way for it to be know how she BEGGED EJ to be his mistress.  I would love to sees Jen's reaction to that!

She should of showed the video!!!!

OMG, reserve an Emmy for AS right now.  What a superb day.

I'm disappointed that Sonny meddled into the getting Will a job thing.  That will come back to bite him, I'm sure.

Will Eve and JJ sleep together?

Yeah sonny should of told him.... He'll find out eventually

As for Eve and JJ, probably not.... Now Daniel and eve? I could see that...

• Love 1

I still can't believe how below average KM was today. This was her big chance to show off some acting chops and she blew it. She didn't even try to make Abby sympathetic. Is she even capable of showing any emotions that don't involve ugly crying or acting smug.

• Love 6

Sami did say she had some video of EJ and Abby - maybe its of Abby offering to be EJ's mistress.

Agreed that KM just wasn't bringing it today - shocker, I know. And let's not even get into Jennifer. All this time TPTB have spent trying to prop her & it has totally backfired. I totally hate a character I once loved - Bravo!

For me, yesterday was much better because both AS and JS were invested and actually acting and reacting in a believable way.

• Love 4
(edited)

Um, shouldn't a mother instinctively protect her child?  I don't see what's wrong with Jennifer doing that.  I think everyone's so full of hate for her, it's rather conveniently being forgotten.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not all the time no, as Sami pointed out Abby is a grown woman, the same thing Carrie pointed out to Jack and Jenn. Jenn needs to let Abby own up to her mistakes and grow the hell up. You can't protect a child forever, they have to learn and how is Abby gonna learn when she knows she can keep running to Jenn to solve all her problems. Seriously, Abby said nothing and let Jenn do all the talking for her, that's not what grown ups do. Abby better learn how to deal with adult problems on her own cause Jenn isn't gonna be there forever (hopefully that's sooner rather than later.)

Cause if I was Jenn the scene would be a little different:

Jenn: Is this true Abby?

Abby: .....

Jenn: Answer the damn question.

Abby: Yes it's true.

Jenn: Huh, Alright Sami she's all yours. I'm just sit on the couch to make sure nothing physical happens. Oh and Abby, be a woman and own up to your mistakes and stop all that damn crying. Crying gets you nowhere.

Called tough love.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 10

AS was really great today.  She must love this story.  KM, like others have said, was weak.

I wonder if the video Sami has is of the cabin sex, because whenever she's looked at the picture they've also cut to some video showing the same thing.  They've done this at least twice, and each time I thought maybe it was Sami imagining the scene.  But now?  Maybe she's flashing to the video, and the photo is a still from that.

Was there a timeline error today?  Sami said she saw EJ and Abby in the shower.  Later, Sami said that during Abby's pregnant scare she was nice and supportive because she had no idea EJ would have been the father.  But the pregnancy thing was afterwards, so I don't get it.  Maybe I'm just not remembering right.

As for Jennifer, I can't stand her but I think she did the right thing defending and hugging her idiot daughter. 

Clearly, JJ has inherited the same lack of brains that his sister did.  The kid doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the legal system in this country.  Just because a legal document is old doesn't make it invalid, dumbass.  No wonder he can't get into a decent college. 

I like that Paige told that so-called friend of her to go kick rocks.  Paige is a refreshingly strong character and I hope they don't screw her up.

• Love 6

Not all the time no, as Sami pointed out Abby is a grown woman, t

And so was Will when Sami "protected" him during that whole Nick blackmailing him thing. It's a given that soap mothers are going to meddle  and defend their adult children, it doesn't bother me that Jennifer is doing it.  At least she's not committed a felony in the process.

• Love 1

I didn't watch DOOL when Will shot EJ so I can't judge on that. I can only judge on what I see from when I started watching. A parent can be protective and all but also have to let their child accept responsibility for their actions and not give excuses or excuse their behavior. What bothers me about it is that Jenn acts like Abby is a perfect angel, maybe if Jenn acknowledges this, I wouldn't have such a big problem with her interfering in the Sami/Abby confrontation.

• Love 1

Not all the time no, as Sami pointed out Abby is a grown woman, the same thing Carrie pointed out to Jack and Jenn. Jenn needs to let Abby own up to her mistakes and grow the hell up. You can't protect a child forever, they have to learn and how is Abby gonna learn when she knows she can keep running to Jenn to solve all her problems. Seriously, Abby said nothing and let Jenn do all the talking for her, that's not what grown ups do. Abby better learn how to deal with adult problems on her own cause Jenn isn't gonna be there forever (hopefully that's sooner rather than later.)

Cause if I was Jenn the scene would be a little different:

Jenn: Is this true Abby?

Abby: .....u

Jenn: Answer the damn question.

Abby: Yes it's true.

Jenn: Huh, Alright Sami she's all yours. I'm just sit on the couch to make sure nothing physical happens. Oh and Abby, be a woman and own up to your mistakes and stop all that damn crying. Crying gets you nowhere.

Called tough love.

Definitely! If I were Abby, my mom would make me face the consequences and deal with the wrath of Sami. If she was old enough to have sex with him in the shower, she can handle Sami yelling at her!!

• Love 1
(edited)

How did Sami know that Abigail had followed EJ to the shower? I was kind of impressed that Sami knew if only because that made it impossible for Abigail to deflect blame on to EJ.

I didn't know what to make of Abigail's acting. She didn't seem to feel guilty about anything even when Sami was yelling at her -- she simply seemed more upset that Sami had tattled on her to her mother. Maybe KM's features are such that guilt doesn't resonate well on her face.

Jennifer seemed to age overnight when the photo was shown.

I wasn't necessarily surprised that Jennifer threw Sami out of the house. That seemed like something most parents would do. But once she and Abigail were in private, I would have expected a bit more....disappointment? I didn't expect her to hug Abigail. It's not as if Abigail seemed like she was having a nervous breakdown -- she just seemed like a regular crybaby who gets upset when someone is telling her how it is.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5
(edited)

Abby could barely handle Chad calling her out on pitting him and Cameron against each other. Abby can't resonate anything on her face when she's being told about herself especially when Carrie was confronting her about the Austin thing. Writers shouldn't be giving KM any meaty material to work with cause she can't pull it off, give it to Jen Lilley she can be front and center and the new female lead for her character age range cause she can give facial expressions and she's prettier. (I don't like Theresa but can give JL credit for playing the character very well)

Oh my god the people on the other boards are on some crack. I wanted to sign up and say something but decided not to cause I would probably be banned. They are defending Abby basically cause the sex between EJ & Abby and that Sami's past is the reason why she shouldn't be confronting Abby. WTF?? Really?? Also saying how Abby should fight back and not let Sami talk to her like that. Yea OK, cause Abby can take on Sami in a confrontation. LMAO. Abby will be asking JJ for advice and asking Jenn, Maggie, & Julie to back her up.

Also Jenn is upset with Sami for coming in her house and yelling at Abby, but wasn't it not too long ago that Jenn hopped her happy us up in EJ's house and started yelling at him about Chad. Jenn go sit and rot somewhere.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3
Definitely! If I were Abby, my mom would make me face the consequences and deal with the wrath of Sami. If she was old enough to have sex with him in the shower, she can handle Sami yelling at her!!

Yeah, that's how I feel. I was a teensy bit impressed with Jennifer when she managed to wrestle Sami away from Abby at a point where Sami did look like she was about to physically hit her, and I didn't have a problem with that moment. But all the rest of it? Come on. It was some yelling and a number of harsh but true things being said. Not a fun experience for Abby, but it's not going to kill her, land her in the hospital, or negatively impact her life for as long as she lives. She slept with someone else's fiancé, verbal blowback is to be expected. Jen's doing her entitled, obnoxious daughter no favors by trying to shield her from it.

It really is amazing how KM can't cry. But although she didn't exactly do a good job in her scenes today, I still hugely, hugely enjoyed them. AS/Sami was awesome once again. And MR did a good job acting-wise - as bantering said, she really seemed to age overnight when she saw the photo, she looked on the verge of collapse when she heard about the shower sex, and then when she found out about the pregnancy scare? Fantastic reaction. Yeah, I disagreed with virtually every action and sentence of Jennifer's today aside from when it looked like Sami might hit Abby, she's a crap parent, but MR brought it. She wasn't afraid to look about fifty years older and I do commend her for that, and I appreciate it because it made seeing Jennifer go down an awesome sight. The writers were smart to let AS and MR do basically all the work.

But enough complimenting of MR - back to how Jennifer sucks. I laughed with disbelief when she ordered - ordered! - Sami not to tell anyone about the affair. What nerve she has. If she had gone the begging route, I still would've rolled my eyes at the overprotective mothering, but at least it wouldn't have shown such unmitigated gall. Even Abby wasn't that stupid, she at least had the sense to say she was sorry, however poorly KM delivered the apology while fake-crying.

Bring on the public humiliation!! Actually, if I were Sami, I would let Abby (and Jen) stew for a while, wondering at every turn whether this is the moment Sami's going to suddenly appear and expose the affair publicly in some spectacular fashion. But since Sami is now talking to Will, I guess she intends to do it that same night as she said. Speaking of Will, I enjoyed the look on his face when Sami announced she hoped EJ would rot in jail for the rest of his life. He's not the greatest actor, but he did a good job with that sort of "okay, the train just jumped the tracks, what's going on with Mom now?"thing that you know he has experienced constantly with Sami over his life.

• Love 4

Well I guess they're right - Laughter IS the best medicine!  And Sami throwing shade at Abigail and Jenn warmed the cockles of my heart.  And watching Abigail's "DOH" Homer Simpson expression was hilarious.  Almost as funny as Jenn looking like she was auditioning for the "before" in an Activia commercial.

After I finished watching the episode I moved to Y&R, but after a few minutes it was 'what the hell am I doing', hit delete and back to watch this one a second time.  It was truly a beautiful thing to watch Sami's righteous anger burn white hot enough to wilt the self-righteousness of the two Deveraux women, Abigail's look of shame as she glanced at Jenn, Jenn's look of incomprehension never left her.  And it only got deeper for Jenn as Sami laid out the story, slowly, details and all. 

I get Jenn standing up for her kid, and the fact that Abigail is of age doesn't play into it for me.  It's HOW Jenn does it.  Jenn went into full harpy mode with Sami, instead of showing some shame and sorrow that this behavior came from her kid.  But Jenn doesn't really believe that anyone other than her has the right to be outraged, and absolutely no-one has the right to angry with her or her family, except for her.  And we've seen Jenn be pretty vicious with JJ when he didn't live up to her expectations.  And we can remember what an absolute backstabbing harpie she was when she thought Daniel - who she had dumped - was with Theresa.  So we know the image she has of herself as some self-sacrificing, "loving too much" kind and considerate person is pure b.s.  So it was in perfect character for Jenn to dismiss Sami and her anger, and for Jenn to get angry with her in return.  It is ALWAYS about Jenn, no matter what.

But Sami steamrolled over those two with such precision, it was a thing of beauty.  And when Jenn, in her usual delusional manner, demanded that Sami not mention this to anyone else, it was lovely to see exactly how little say she actually has over any of it.  Abigail just sort of stared, with a weepy look and a quivering lip, while Jenn pursed her lips as if she'd been forced to drink a jar of pickle juice.  Because they both know that Sami will show no mercy.  And if they weren't such entitled narcissists, they'd realize that they have no right to expect any.

Good days, Salemites, good days!

Eve and JJ's scenes were a nice surprise.  Instead of going the usual route of having Even obstructing JJ and Paige, or having Paige walk away from JJ because she hears him dissing her mom, JJ and Eve had an actual discussion.  I wasn't expecting that.  And they both came off well.  I suspect it's not the end of the matter, by a long shot.  But it was nice to see them both actually listening to what the other had to say.  And Paige voting Mary Beth off the Island was icing on the cake.

And now I'm going to end the day and take one last look at the highlights of today's show.  I can never ever get enough of seeing Jenn and Abigail being bested by someone else, and even better, seeing them for ONCE feeling at least a big insecure in their self-appointed position as the moral guides of Salem.

• Love 10

While I don't doubt that she should, it shouldn't bad of Jennifer to want to at least defend her from the onslaught and then chastise her later.

Not that you're wrong.  I remember, back when two of the best writers this show's ever had, Paula Cwikly and Peter Brash, were the head writers, they actually did have Roman force Sami to stay and face Lexie's wrath over switching Theo's paternity test before he later unleashed on her, too, telling her that if she'd done the proper thing, no one would have a right to trash her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Boes, I will have you know, I did a spittake over your Activia comment and I wasn't even drinking anything.  Thanks for that :)

As much fun as today was, I really thought Abby and Jenn should look like they were going to puke over nerves.  We got that a bit with EJ and it seemed just as deserved here, what with the pregnency scare and all...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Is the director not directing KM correctly? Is KM not reading the script correctly? Does she even care how her character comes off? I can't understand how EJ, Sami, & Jenn are able to give great facial expressions during the reveal of this affair, but Abby just stood there and looked vacant with crocodile tears. Hell I can make an ugly cry face with no tears coming out. It seems writers are gonna have to write Abby in her comfort zone and that's being a smug bitch or a simple slut. Abby only comes alive when she's judging someone. Don't ever give her any emotional scenes or stories because it just falls flat due to KM's limited acting range.

• Love 5

Um, shouldn't a mother instinctively protect her child?  I don't see what's wrong with Jennifer doing that.  I think everyone's so full of hate for her, it's rather conveniently being forgotten.

Protect Abby from what? Sure, I would expect Jen to try and stop Sami from shooting Abby or beating her ass but all Sami did was yell and call her a whore, which was the very least of what Abby deserved. Isn't Abby supposed to be worldly and sophisticated? Why did she let her mommy do all the talking? Where was the "woman" who was talking all that smack about Sami behind her back? Apparently she can dish it out but she can't take it. This is the freak who thought she could really handle EJ. What a joke. Abby is a joke.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sami laughing in EJ's face was priceless.  What is really hilarious though is everyone's surprise that Sami would go scorched earth on people.  This is Samantha Gene Brady.  For most of the 21 years she has been in Salem, she has been hell on wheels, and for the tamer years, Sami was hell on wheels.  Sami is known for holding a grudge and seeking revenge.  I loved loved loved Sami's, "Why would I want to do that?"  Please let Sami keep acknowledging that she has eight years of misery with EJ, not a great loving relationship, and misery is all she will ever have with him.

EJ's calling himself an idiot for not knowing something was going on with Sami, instead of thinking he was an idiot for cheating and ruining his relationship again, is par for the course for this selfish egomaniac.  However, it also once again illustrates that all of EJ's, "I know you better than anyone, I love you just the way you are, blah, blah, blah," is just a bunch of BS.  How many times has EJ been blindsided by Sami now because he didn't have a clue what was going on with her.

Hopefully, after this last horrible go around, Sami who has once again realized she CAN NOT and will NEVER be able to trust EJ, will remember it forever.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6
Sami is known for holding a grudge and seeking revenge.

Watching this storyline, I've been asking myself why soaps don't make the Sami-type character (every soap generally has at least one of them) the betrayed party in a cheating SL more often. It's usually one of the goody-two-shoe heroines, and they'll cry and yell, and sure, it makes for good scenes if the actress is good...but it stops there. What's so fun about this story is that the betrayed woman is one of those characters who routinely thinks in terms of destroying other people, and so the writers can come up with elaborate revenge schemes and bigger consequences than just the cheater getting dumped. I truly can't think of the last time it's been done on any soap. I can remember a few stories where there was a triangle with a good girl and a bad girl where the guy was with the bad girl, but those always played out as the bad girl doing something wrong and the guy leaving her when he found out, then getting with the good girl. The bad girl would then often come up with a scheme, but said scheme would just revolve around trying to get the guy back. So, not the same thing.

• Love 1

Not to take attention away from Sami's awesomeness, but I just had to get this out there. I'm absolutely no expert on dance, but I thought that Aiden and Hope's waltz was terrible.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I think the timeline is going to work out roughly like this:

- EJ and Abby have cabin sex

- EJ and Abby have shower sex; Sami walks in and notices EJ is super-distracted, but for now just files that away in her head

- Abby has pregnancy scare, Sami helps her through it (her fury about how she didn't know then the father was EJ seemed quite genuine)

- Sami somehow gets the picture, and probably video, of cabin sex (since several times when looking at the photo, she would see moving images). This is the big question for me, when exactly she got that. I still lean towards after Nick's murder.

- Sami recalls EJ's distraction, and goes to security and looks at the tapes of that day and realizes what was going on then

- Sami goes to Kate with her plan for revenge. I'm guessing this conversation happened at Ari's birthday party; remember when Kami went out to the hallway to talk, and we never got to see that conversation, we only saw when they came back in and were "arguing." Kate getting the necklace from Stefano, which she was wearing that day, probably gave Sami the idea since she would have understood then that Kate would be in a position to manipulate Stefano.

One thing I've noticed is that Sami thinks this has been a regular ongoing affair. She has tangible evidence of the two times they had sex, but she doesn't realize that those are the only two times. Which also helps explain her fury, in addition to the points that have already been made about this being the straw that breaks the camel's back and the EJami relationship not having been great enough anyway to justify doing the work to salvage it. It's an understandable enough conclusion - if you see that your partner has definitely cheated on you more than once, you wouldn't just assume that the times you know about are the only times. I am a little worried that the writers think that this will offer a path to forgiveness, once Sami realizes it was "only" twice. Twice is more than enough. EJ and the EJami relationship aren't worth it.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 4

That episode is why I like Days. Soft porn music Eve scenes, creepy Ciara, a God damn Marlena stand up act via video (with sparkly scarf (?) accessory) and Sami being full on Sami.I also like manipulative Sonny towards moron Will.

• Love 1

I'm enjoying Sami, I want her to destroy EJ, and if they put Sami back together with EJ, I am going to be furious.  I will be doubly furious if the idiot writers blame Sami for EJ's cheating, but I won't be surprised.

I was wondering if Sami got photos after Nick's death, courtesy of Nick, did someone else get photos of Sami, Kate, and Gabi tossing Nick in the river.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was thinking about the difference between Sami (AND Lucas) trying to protect Will, and Jennifer trying to protect Abigail -- and I couldn't help but think that Sami's interference at least makes sense because she was always trying to protect him from either going to jail or psycho blackmailer where the danger was supremely evident. In Abigail's case, the worst she had to face from Sami was one bad word in the form of "whore" and the rest being actual facts ("you had sex in the shower with my husband -- well, uh, yeah, no dispute there). Even then, the conversation was tamer than what you'd hear between Nicole and Sami, or Sami and Kate, or Kate and Nicole ,or EJ and Sami, or EJ and Nicole. In that sense, I do think Jennifer's interference is less necessary than Sami's and Lucas's who were putting themselves in the line of fire for Will because he was facing monumental threats. All Abigail had to deal with was a knowledgeable Sami. But compared to what she's doing to EJ, the most Abigail has had to deal with is what most women who are caught  by the fiance/wife have to deal with. Big whoop. Compared to what Abigail might have had to contend with from Nick if he had lived, dealing with Sami is probably a treat.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
It was wrong; he was wrong, but he wasn't in love with Abby, barely cares about her and never for a second didn't want Sami, didn't not want to be with Sami, didn't stop loving, adoring Sami.

Most people I have talked to about this thinks that makes it worse - if you are in love with the person you cheated with, then risking what you have in your relationship is more understandable. But if you throw away your whole relationship for somebody you don't even care about? I too have noticed that Sami's mentioned a few times that she doesn't feel that EJ loves her, but the thing is, convincing her that he doesn't love Abby is not going to make Sami think that he does love her. It's going to do the exact opposite, because if he loved her, why would he jeopardize everything for some meaningless sex when he was already on thin ice?

I don't think EJ really loves Sami, not the way we usually mean when we talk about love. He's obsessed with her, which is a different thing. Dude's first time with her was by coercing her into sex, and then beaming and gloating about it even afterwards when she was upset and crying. That's not how anyone with a normal, healthy sort of love wants their first time with their love to be - coercing the other person, not caring that she's not enjoying it, in fact is crying instead. I don't understand that. It's just gross. I cannot imagine having sex with someone while they are crying about it, and being able to ignore it so completely that I can enjoy myself as thoroughly as EJ obviously did. So, I'm never going to believe that EJ loves and adores Sami, not when he has such a fundamental disregard for her feelings.

Moving on - I'm still marveling over KM. How is she not utterly embarrassed with herself? Friday's episode was a climactic one for her storyline, it should have been Sami vs. Abby, just like Thursday was Sami vs. EJ. If it was Jen Lilley, or even Ashley Benson, in the Abby role, it would've just been Sami and Abby in the room, and Jen's reaction would have been saved for the public humiliating reveal. I understand why TPTB did it, because they knew KM couldn't handle it, and what do you do then if you're TPTB? You don't ask AS to tone it all the way down to KM's level in a climactic episode for her exit SL, not when you know viewers are going to be sitting there with popcorn and ice cream in gleeful anticipation of the smackdown. So you bring in MR because she can act opposite AS in full-on Sami rage mode without getting blown out of the room. That's embarrassing enough for KM as it is, to have her lines taken away and given to MR, but then she does a weak job even with the few lines she's allowed. She should have wanted to rise to the occasion, prove to TPTB that they made a mistake in thinking she couldn't handle it, but no.

Since TPTB obviously know what they have - or more to the point, don't have - in KM, they really need to make a decision. Either tailor Abby to KM's strengths (such as they are), or recast the part with someone who can play the kind of Abby they want. But don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole. Can you imagine them taking the smackdown stuff away from AS and giving it to DH, having Marlena be the outraged mommy (hahahaha) while Sami just stands around wordlessly? Because that's the equivalent of what they did with KM and MR.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't get what kind of character Abigail is supposed to be. I think if Abigail had conveyed some kind of guilt, I might have given a pass to the acting. But instead all I saw was someone upset that she got tattled on.

As for EJ, I don't quite understand why he doesn't explain the full version of how he came to sleep with Abigail, but maybe, as dumb as he is, he's at least smart enough to know that the full explanation sounds monumentally stupid when you put all of it into words. I think he logically knows that ANY woman would automatically shoot back : "You mean you couldn't come up with any other plan?" We were spinning our heads like nobody's business trying to figure out why he couldn't figure out another way to get the job done, so I don't think I can blame Sami if she doesn't understand his explanation either -- if he were to offer it. In a way, he probably does feel true guilt about it which is probably why he's not giving the full version.

That's one explanation. The only other explanation I can go with is maybe he likes the sexual tension that occurs when he and Sami are fighting. He could explain things more clearly, but since he's kind of weird, maybe fighting with Sami turns him on. After the breakdown, I wondered if he was going to full on pyscho again.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

It's hard to be good in a scene when you have AS scene chewing and Batman voice inducing her way through it.

I find this storyline ridiculous.  No one was particularly great in their scenes on Friday.  It's what I've come to expect from this show though.

Yes, I think EJ knows his explanation wouldn't fly. When it comes down to it, of course he could have come up with another plan. But another plan wouldn't have been as enjoyable for him.

Sami even mentioned one of the obvious other plans available to EJ to Abby on Friday, when she asked Abby if EJ threatened to kill her or her family.

It's hard to be good in a scene when you have AS scene chewing and Batman voice inducing her way through it.

MR did a fine job with her scenes on Friday. JS did a fine job with his scenes on Thursday. A long line of actors have been memorable in scenes opposite AS. AS isn't the problem. She's a good actor to be in a scene with because she gives the other person plenty to react to, and like the old quote goes, acting is reacting. Somebody pointed out upthread that every woman is a nonentity opposite Rafe but manages to have a personality in scenes with Sami. That's because GG/Rafe is the equivalent of a green screen while AS/Sami gives them something to play off of.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't think KM is really great with anybody (which is probably why her love interests get re-cast). She wasn't even good with Matthew Ashford, who most people consider excellent and above and beyond. So I wouldn't blame AS for KM's acting. When Abigail yelled at Jack, I found myself pretty much hating her. So if MA can't make her seem like someone I'd want to relate to,  I don't know who can help her out.

Did Sami see the shower sex on video? I wondered how she knew that Abigail was screaming "Oh God." She must have seen the sex face. That would certainly tick anybody off. The sex face was ticking me off, and these people aren't even real, and EJ isn't my man.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Hope's dance was totally bizarre.  What was with her holding her head way off the side like Aiden had bad breath?

It brought back troubling memories of the horrifically fake Princess Gina.

• Love 1

Oh, please let the shower sex be the video Sami has. Because it would be all but certain that it's going to be played for the whole town to see. Dare I hope that she's stopping by the gala after her conversation with Will?

I just rewatched Friday's episode, because it's just so much fun. And the difference between KM's ability and MR's ability is quite evident just from their joint reaction shot to the photo. MR manages to portray simultaneous shock, confusion, worry, sadness, and horror to the depth of her soul while immediately aging 30 years. KM...I have no idea what KM is trying to portray. She's just blank. And at that point, AS is not screaming, Batman voicing or scenery chewing - all she's said so far is a mock-confused "How in the world did that get on here?" - so KM's complete inability to get anything across to me is not on AS. If KM can't come up with a reaction - any reaction! - to her and her mother being shown a picture of her cheating with someone else's fiancé, there's no hope for her. Abby should pretty much mirror Jen in that moment, but MR's just a far more capable actress. Freeze-frame their joint reaction shot, and the gap between MR and KM is not even funny.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think KM enjoys playing a  more  overtly sexual  character so I guess I don't understand why the writers don't play to that instead of trying to contort her into a virginal type of character whose innocence sometimes falls into "weakness" or whatever.. She's not good at the latter.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don't think EJ really loves Sami, not the way we usually mean when we talk about love. He's obsessed with her, which is a different thing. Dude's first time with her was by coercing her into sex, and then beaming and gloating about it even afterwards when she was upset and crying. That's not how anyone with a normal, healthy sort of love wants their first time with their love to be - coercing the other person, not caring that she's not enjoying it, in fact is crying instead. I don't understand that. It's just gross. I cannot imagine having sex with someone while they are crying about it, and being able to ignore it so completely that I can enjoy myself as thoroughly as EJ obviously did. So, I'm never going to believe that EJ loves and adores Sami, not when he has such a fundamental disregard for her feelings.

I think EJ feels entitled to Sami, is delusional, and since he buys into Stefano's "the Dimeras are better than anyone else, they can do whatever they want, they have the right to hurt whoever they want, to take whatever or whoever they want, etc. BS," EJ gets outraged when Sami can't be controlled.  EJ believes he is justified in anything he does, and that Sami is required to put up with it because EJ wants her.  It's all about EJ's ego, and how he wants things to be.  I don't know anyone who would want to put up with a control freak who treats people the way EJ does, but someone as strong willed as Sami will not only not put up with it, she will strike back.  Now, once again, Sami and EJ are at odds, and EJ acts like he is the victim.  His first response to Sami revealing that she knew was to continue to lie, and then blame Sami.  I hope EJ is stupid enough to go into full on psycho mode because that will just give Sami more reasons to want to destroy him, and it will confirm for Sami that she is right to want to get EJ out of her life forever.

• Love 2
(edited)

Didn't EJ arrive in Salem and move in across the hall from Sami because his intent was to impregnate a Brady (for some sort of Dimera revenge?)   IIRC I don't think he claimed to love her when he raped her in the cabin, but I really don't want to bring all that up again, I was just trying to remember EJ's original motivation for coming back because nobody knew he was Elvis for a while.

BTW if  you haven't seen EJ's conception with Stephano dressed as Elvis with Eileen Davis as Susan....you'll never unsee it.

Edited by QuelleC

Stefano sent EJ to Salem to cause problems for the Bradys, and to get one of the Brady women pregnant because Stefano wanted the stem cells to save his worthless life.  EJ pretended to be Sami's friend, and Sami told him almost everything about herself.  When Sami found out what EJ was really like and who he really was, she didn't want to have anything to do with him.  When Sami and EJ talked about EJ raping Sami, EJ's lame idiotic insulting explanation was that he was in love with Sami, and he stupidly believed that if they had sex, Sami would realize she love him to, and they would be together.  Sami forgave EJ because of Johnny and because of what she did to Austin.  However, any time Sami makes a move in a direction EJ doesn't like, he lashes out at her so I don't call that love.  It's obsession.  EJ want to possess and control Sami, and if he can't do that then he tries to ruin her life.

• Love 3
BTW if  you haven't seen EJ's conception with Stephano dressed as Elvis with Eileen Davis as Susan....you'll never unsee it.

Oh my god, I had forgotten about that. Blocked it out, more likely. But yes, it's all coming back now...

EJ want to possess and control Sami, and if he can't do that then he tries to ruin her life.

To me, the proof that EJ has learned nothing and changed not an iota in eight years, is that he kept the evidence on Sami and Will. That's creepy control to the max; it would be creepy of anyone, but doubly so of someone with EJ's specific history of coercing Sami. They had said they were starting over, clean slate, no more secrets or lies, and all the while he's keeping evidence against her and her son in his safe. I actually find that far worse than the cheating. I could forgive cheating (although I wouldn't bother to forgive EJ's, because he's not worth it), but this I would find unforgivable regardless of circumstances.

• Love 2

Wow.  On another board, somebody posted

Every time I see Sami I think she has reach the deepest gutter of humanity, but some how she keep finding more cruelty, and becomes more of a putrefying piece of garbage that is sub human.  She makes Lizzy Borden look like Mother Theresa.  Will be so glad when I never have to see her face again.  I hope her exit is as vile as she deserves. 

When I replied that I love Sami and was enjoying her revenge, they told me

revenge is never awesome if you are enjoying this you must have a very sad life. you have my sympathy

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, other boards are really weird about Sami, and about shipping Dannifer as the next supercouple. And where is Bo two years later and I want Belle and Shawn back after ten years over and over again.  Some even posted a lot of KM's selfies with bug eyes and a pout so she knows she looks stupid with her mouth hanging open all the time.  I'm glad I'm here. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Wow.  On another board, somebody posted

When I replied that I love Sami and was enjoying her revenge, they told me

And I think I can guess what board that is, too.  Might even rhyme with DOC.....

I can't disagree with wanting Belle and Shawn D back, though. (or about hating on Sami). Getting rid of them, and the rest of their generation, was the biggest mistake the show's made. They've left themselves without an entire generation of established core-family members. They've tried plugging the holes with new characters, but I can't think of a single instance where that's really worked. Maybe bringing them back now won't work either, but it's insane that they haven't tried harder to fix the problem.

• Love 1
(edited)

I could forgive cheating (although I wouldn't bother to forgive EJ's, because he's not worth it), but this I would find unforgivable regardless of circumstances.

I loved Sami asking EJ, "Why would I want to do that?" because it sums things up so nicely.  Sami and EJ have not been happily married for years.  They don't have years of wonderful memories.  They have eight years of hell.  And when Sami willingly chooses (without a doubt one of the dumbest things Sami has ever done) to be with EJ, and he didn't have to coerce her, EJ still ruins her life.

If they brought back other characters like Shawn and Belle, I'm not sure it would make a difference.  Look what they did to Brady and Chloe.  This isn't a character or actor problem.  It's a writing problem.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can understand a portion of the audience not liking Sami since Sami is polarizing, but I don't think Sami pointing out actual facts of what Abigail did is really at the level of the gutter  of humanity or anything. All Sami was doing is pointing out the truth of Abigail's actions. That happens in real life all the time when a confrontation between the wife or girlfriend and the mistress occurs. She didn't shoot Abigail or anything like Betty Broderick (the lady who went ballistic on her husband for having an affair and killed him and the new wife/former mistress).

The confrontation between Sami and Abigail was probably less heated from Sami's side than what I imagine any confrontation between what John Edwards's wife and Riellle Hunter looked like. Then there's Charles, Diana, and Camilla and the simmering anger between those parties. When you look at real life cheating scandals, I think Sami's behavior isn't that bad in this particular context. I guess I don't get it when people expect the girlfriend or wife to completely shut up because it makes other people feel better about their mistakes. If you do something like what Abigail did, well you better best expect to be called out on all of it at some point by the wife or girlfriend.

Then there's EJ -- he's done bad stuff to her. She returns the favor when she feels it's necessary. EJ isn't Prince Charles or Bill Clinton who have other facets to the personality that balance out the mistakes they've made.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Look what they did to Brady and Chloe.  This isn't a character or actor problem.  It's a writing problem.

That's true, but it's a lot easier to get past bad writing if you care about the character.

Eve, for instance. I don't like this Eve or the storyline, but I'm engaged  because I have a previous connection with the character, even if she was played by a different actor.  On the other side of the coin, there's Jordan, who has yet to interest me.

I don't think Sami pointing out actual facts of what Abigail did is really at the level of the gutter  of humanity or anything.

It's not. I hope that she moves on, though. Aside from people who hate Abby, it won't be that interesting to see Sami focus too much on her when the real problem is EJ. Sami yelling, Abby contorting her face, and Jennifer clucking isn't all that compelling and will get repetitive really fast. Abby and Sami don't have a history and are woefully mismatched, Sami just needs to put her on notice and move on to more worthy opponents. While it's not a case of Sami being a bully, because Abby deserves the smackdown, after Friday's episode, I'm just about ready for Sami to pick on someone her own size.  That's a lot more fun.

• Love 2

Eve, for instance. I don't like this Eve or the storyline, but I'm engaged  because I have a previous connection with the character, even if she was played by a different actor.  On the other side of the coin, there's Jordan, who has yet to interest me.

These are good examples of what the writers continue to do wrong.  Bringing back Eve could have been interesting, if they had focused on Eve's actual history.  Putting her in an SL with Dannifer hindered the character from day one.  I might have cared about Jordan and her secret if the writers hadn't drug it out for over a year, having it go nowhere.

I'm fine with Sami putting the smack down on the boring twit, but I want her main focus to be on making EJ's life a living hell.  I also want more Kate and Sami scenes because they are interesting, and can hold their own against each other.  Besides whenever they hug, it's amusing.

I think if the writers were going to put Sami and EJ together as a couple they should have done something different than the same old same old.  However, I am amazed at all the people who are surprised by what Sami and EJ are doing, etc.  These are two people who have been shown as willing to burn the house down while they are in it in order to spite or retaliate against each other.

• Love 2

'm still marveling over KM. How is she not utterly embarrassed with herself? Friday's episode was a climactic one for her storyline, it should have been Sami vs. Abby, just like Thursday was Sami vs. EJ. If it was Jen Lilley, or even Ashley Benson, in the Abby role, it would've just been Sami and Abby in the room, and Jen's reaction would have been saved for the public humiliating reveal. I understand why TPTB did it, because they knew KM couldn't handle it, and what do you do then if you're TPTB? You don't ask AS to tone it all the way down to KM's level in a climactic episode for her exit SL, not when you know viewers are going to be sitting there with popcorn and ice cream in gleeful anticipation of the smackdown. So you bring in MR because she can act opposite AS in full-on Sami rage mode without getting blown out of the room. That's embarrassing enough for KM as it is, to have her lines taken away and given to MR, but then she does a weak job even with the few lines she's allowed. She should have wanted to rise to the occasion, prove to TPTB that they made a mistake in thinking she couldn't handle it, but no.

*claps hands in agreement* KM does her character no favors at all. I already thought Abby was useless and then Friday happened. Every time she tries to talk shit about someone I'm going to replay her lifeless non reaction and laugh.

Since TPTB obviously know what they have - or more to the point, don't have - in KM, they really need to make a decision. Either tailor Abby to KM's strengths (such as they are), or recast the part with someone who can play the kind of Abby they want. But don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

They could just get rid of Abby altogether. Few people in town would notice or care if she just disappeared.

Every time I see Sami I think she has reach the deepest gutter of humanity, but some how she keep finding more cruelty, and becomes more of a putrefying piece of garbage that is sub human.  She makes Lizzy Borden look like Mother Theresa.  Will be so glad when I never have to see her face again.  I hope her exit is as vile as she deserves. 

I guess this person is angry because Sami spoke the truth about precious Abby.

Yeah, other boards are really weird about Sami, and about shipping Dannifer as the next supercouple.

This is offensive.

• Love 1

Bringing back Eve could have been interesting, if they had focused on Eve's actual history.

I don't get the retcon at all, especially when their real history is much more interesting!

• Love 1
(edited)
I don't get the retcon at all, especially when their real history is much more interesting!

And especially when the character has been recast. It's easier for me to connect to a recast if the real history is being honored. When they retcon so much, that just makes it all the harder for me to feel this is an established character, not a new one. I love KdP, and she's doing a great job in her scenes as she always does, but I constantly have to remind myself she's playing Eve. Eve is interacting with a bunch of characters she's never been with before, and so when the writers retcon the history with the one character she's appearing with that I have seen her with before, Jennifer, it just sets me that much further adrift.

If they brought back other characters like Shawn and Belle, I'm not sure it would make a difference.  Look what they did to Brady and Chloe.  This isn't a character or actor problem.  It's a writing problem.

I think it's both. I agree with you that the writers would screw up the execution. But to not have anyone from that particular generation on the show is a structural mistake. Not having that generation on the show because the writers would screw it up is not the answer - the writers have to write for someone, after all, this show has to have characters. And as shesajar says, at least with characters with history it is a little easier to overlook bad writing. The Eight Deadly Words of fiction are: "I don't care what happens to these people!" I'll stick with a poorly-written show that has characters I care about over a better-written show that has no characters I care about.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2