Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I don't think Sami is being "bad", just stupid. And again, it's not that Abby doesn't deserve to hear what Sami has to say or to deal with the fallout. It's Sami's insistence that she personally deliver the news to other people that doesn't sit well with me. Honestly, if I were Ben, and Sami came to me, my reaction would be "Why the eff are you telling me this?" and I'd think she was pathetic. Not quite what Sami is going for, but did she really expect those who care about Abby to turn on her? It doesn't help her case that she made it seem as if the so called affair was happening while Abby and Ben were together, or whatever it is they are, or that she was telling Ben because she "thought he deserved to know." No, she wanted to embarrass Abby, which is fine, but don't try to manipulate other people to do it. Jeez...and I don't even like Ben!
If Sami truly needed everyone to know, she should have released a video, or a billboard, or posted photos all over Horton Square, and blasted Abby privately. She'd get the pleasure of outing her without looking so desperate to do so.

Also, when Sami made the comment "Of course, she lives with her mother" I had to laugh. Lady, you and your "husband" still live with his Daddy.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Sami had released a video and not owned up to it, she'd probably be criticized for that as well.

She hasn't released the video yet, but  we think that's what she's going to do, and before she's done it, a lot of people think she would have potentially gone too far.

I think Eric or someone like that will probably halt Sami from giving us the spectacular fall-out we have been waiting for.

Does everyone still think Eric is a priest?

Are there cameras in that shower stall? And if so, why? Certain parts of the video business seem a bit baffling to me. I figure Nick would have installed a camera in Horton cabin while hiding under the bed, but it makes no sense to me that there would be cameras actually in the shower, but Sami seems to know how Abigail was making the sex face and the words she was uttering...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

When Sami told Will, Sonny, and Eric, at that point, the only thing Sami had done was confront EJ and the boring twit.  However, Eric immediately started criticizing her, and Sonny and Will were worried about Abby, not Sami.  Sami had not even told Ben yet.  It won't matter what Sami does, she will get blamed, and the pathetic side piece will get a free pass while EJ blames Sami for his cheating.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sami played up the aspect of Abby pretending to be her friend while she was talking to Ben, and if I were Ben, that's the part I would have an issue with. If someone I was dating or thinking about dating told me about having had an affair with someone who was in a relationship, I think I would accept that and continue on as long as the person exhibited some awareness that it wasn't a good thing to do, i.e. they didn't trot out the "It was totally okay on my end because I wasn't the one in the relationship, so I did nothing wrong" excuse. But someone who did what Abby did - cheated with the partner of someone who she was pretending to be the friend of, while babysitting her kids and accepting friendship/support from her - yeah, I would be like, "Bye." I just wouldn't be able to trust that person at all. It's an extra level of sleaziness that really speaks to a person's character, so even though it's a past action, I would expect similar bad actions in future.

Of course, Ben differs from me in that he's harboring a secret, although his secret doesn't really seem to be about anything terrible he's done. He's just hiding from his abusive father, right? I wouldn't be upset if I learned someone I was dating actually has a different name because he's hiding from an abuser - that's just the kind of measure that, unfortunately, sometimes a person who's being abused (or is in Witness Protection) has no choice but to take. It doesn't trigger trust issues on my part.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2
Of course, Ben differs from me in that he's harboring a secret, although his secret doesn't really seem to be about anything terrible he's done.

Hey!  Ben's secret is the worst one of all - it might get out that his real name is Ollie and then what kind of cool status does he have?

• Love 2

That seems kind of a recurring recent problem with this show, IMO---in lieu of giving 95% of the characters any remote semblance of a personality, they just lazily give them a 'past secret' that they drag out interminably and which turns out to be all that interesting or relevant to current storylines anyway. 

• Love 1
It's an extra level of sleaziness that really speaks to a person's character, so even though it's a past action, I would expect similar bad actions in future.

Yes, exactly.  This is a pattern with her.  I don't know which was worse - her having sex with EJ and begging him for more while she was pretending to be Sami's friend, or her gaslighting and stalking poor, dumb Austin while pretending to be some naive, harmless college student to Carrie.  Neither are the actions of a good person.  Actually, she's never been shown doing anything particularly good.  It's baffling that she's put up on this golden girl pedestal.

Yesterday I though EM/Brady did a very good job tearing up and trying to come to terms with what he believes he did to idiot John.  I wish they'd let him do more with Brady.  I think he could pull it off, especially with someone like JL to act against/with.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Ben should probably wonder why Abigail was so insistent about knowing why he didn't want to be photographed when she was harboring her own secret. But since Abigail and Ben aren't THAT close, I can't work up the energy to wonder why he isn't bothered by her judginess. He doesn't have to be bothered by her sexual mistakes, but if I actually cared about anything that's going on in their relationship, (which I think the show should have tried to make me do if I'm supposed to feel something about people knowing what Abigail did?),  then him being bothered by her judgmentalness would probably be on the list. That, and why she seems to think he's eating out of trash cans. But at the same time he's a guy, and I figure guys are less critical about these things, especially when it comes to girls they're attracted to.

Edited by bantering

I think Sami telling Ben is just one more part of her Abby payback.  She said her humiliation had just begun and I think this is just one part of it.  Nobody who actually KNEW Samantha Gene would have bought that teary-eyed performance for a nano-second, but Ollie doesn't know her.  He doesn't know Abigail either, but for some reason he's hot on the trail of the Holy Horton Hoohah.  So since Sami knows Abigail is interested in him, Sami did a drive by.  If it works, great, and if it doesn't, no big deal to Sami one way or the other.

That's the glory of Sami - not giving a rats ass what anyone thinks.

• Love 7
(edited)

I don't care about Ben, and I think the only reason the writers had Sami tell Ben was so they could do the whole, "See how out of control Sami is?  This is all Sami's fault.  She is the bad guy here.  It doesn't matter that Sami was lied to and cheated on.  She isn't handling it the right way so she is bad."  The writers seem to think this, I don't.  Eric immediately running to support Jennifer just reinforces this.

This is probably true.  And probably what will ultimately lead to an EJ/Sami reconciliation if that's what happens.  When she stops being so pissed off she's going to see how she didn't handle it in the best possible way and BAM....back to EJ's arms she goes.  Since no woman on this show can live without a man, I wouldn't expect Sami to be any different.  The fact that she married him anyway just proves, to me anyway, that reconciliation is in the future.  Otherwise why marry them?  She could have done all of this without having married him.  

This reaction is over the top even for Sami.  The reason it had to be done with Abigail and not Nicole is because no one would be shocked that Nicole cheated with EJ.  Abby is the town saint just after her mother and so it had to be someone that would be so shocking that it would jolt not only Sami but everyone else too.  Nevermind the fact that Abby is beneath Sami and no one really understands why Sami is this ridiculously upset about someone she doesn't care about.  

And I swear to God if I hear her say "She was teaching me about art!" one more time.  These writers....I swear.....

If Sami didn't care what anyone thought she wouldn't be running around town making sure everyone knew SHE was wronged.  She ABSOLUTELY cares what everyone thinks.  100%

Edited by CaughtOnTape
(edited)

I think Sami would have been less made if EJ slept  with Nicole...I don't know why I think this...but maybe it's because she's got actual game when it comes to men and looks like she could be in Vogue?

There's something very grating personality-wise about Abigail that would make most women go WTF if they found out their man slept with her -- I'm talking about Abigail, not KM. I think Sami does think Abigail is physically attractive by mentioning her youth and her thighs, but probably wouldn't peg EJ for going for someone who's personality is so bland...

I know I would be all "You mean you slept with HER???" if I found out it was Abigail, but would probably be less perplexed if it was Nicole (not because of their history together, but probably because she looks like a 5'10" glamazon who most likely turns heads when she walks into a restaurant...)

I think it would be bad for EJ if Sami DIDN'T have a reaction, however. She usually has a reaction when she actually loves someone. If she wasn't bothered, that would mean she probably had no feelings for him. The only thing is that Sami is reacting the opposite of how EJ thought she would in his nightmare. He was imagining someone collapsing into his arms and pushing Abigail down the stairs. Instead what she's doing involves a degree of business acumen and savvy.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't know why Ben's opinion on anything would matter.  The writers haven't done enough to establish any connections for Ben.  I also don't care about Jordan or that Rafe cheated on her with Kate except for the fact that I want Kate out of that boring SL, and back over in her SL with Sami where she belongs and should stay.

I’m wondering if a lot of Sami’s anger also has to do with the fact that she was trying to work on their problems about Kristen/Eric, and even apologized to EJ for not understanding the position he was in when it came to Kristen/Eric, only to then find out EJ is cheating on her.  So Sami is trying to find a way to resolve their issues, and EJ doesn’t give a damn he is out screwing around.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

If Sami had released a video and not owned up to it, she'd probably be criticized for that as well.

Sure she would have, because it's ugly behavior. That's kind of my point. But if she were hell bent on exposing them, the video could have spoken for itself, without commentary from Sami, and would have eliminated so much of that "EJ coerced Abby" business that put people on the defensive. People don't believe Sami because, well, she's Sami, but they are slightly more likely to believe a video. (Cue the "it could have been doctored" chorus)

Sami just can't resist going that extra mile to make someone miserable and it's always backfired. Even though she's in the right this time, why would she think that it would be any different now?

(edited)

I think Sami might be looking for a reason as to why EJ slept with Abigail, but for whatever reason no one seems to want to explain why it happened. Abigail sort of explained herself, but didn't explain her aggressiveness, her threats of exposing EJ to Hope (whatever that was), and propositioning him in the conference room,  and EJ seems to be keeping quiet (either because that would make him look even sleazier and confirm what Jennifer and Lucas have been saying about him ,or because he knows Abigail can go on the warpath too if she gets angry and expose him as someone who hired a hitman. Abigail could just as easily send him to jail in the same way as Sami, and she does have undercover scorned woman tendencies that are similar to Sami's...)

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Of course Adrienne's raggedy loud ass had to make an appearance, and of course she immediately assumed Gagby was raped. STFU.

Of course EJ's raggedy ass apologizes for what Gagby has "been through." STFU. Is he under the impression that he forced her to have sex with him? 

Of course Gagby's raggedy ass decided to make another appearance at the jail so she could complain about Sami telling Ben. STFU. 

I'm surprised Will actually got angry with EJ. I assumed he would make excuses for him. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
(edited)

Also meant to add -- judging by yesterday's conversation, I think Sami cares that she was "outwitted" by EJ and Abigail (since she seems to think it was some long-term thing). But I don't think she cares if people know she's desperate for people to know what Abigail did. She doesn't seem to like the idea that EJ got one over on her (I don't think that was his intent, but she perceives it that way) and fooled her (although I don't think most women would like the latter).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

but for whatever reason no one seems to want to explain why it happened.

Not entirely true.  EJ tried to explain, asked her to calm down and talk to him yesterday and she was quiet for exactly 2.5 seconds before she heard something she didn't like and then she went off with her assumptions about what really went on again.

And getting into the nitty gritty details like why Abby propositioned him or made threats is a little ridiculous IMO.  What scorned wife wants to know details like that?  I've been cheated on.  I asked the details, thinking it would make me feel better and it just doesn't.  I will never make that mistake again.  Ever.

(edited)

Everybody is different. Maybe some wives would like to know why a man cheated on them. I'd probably want to know. But everyone has a different opinion on the matter, obviously. I doubt the details would make anyone feel better -- that I agree with. I tend to think it wouldn't make me feel better.  But the desire to know why it happened or someone's thought process as to why they would throw things away after promising honesty and telling you that there should be no secrets between each other doesn't strike me as particularly unusual.

Edited by bantering
(edited)
What did she expect Ben to do? "You're right, Sami...Abby? Total slut. I will never speak to her again. Thank you so much for caring enough to tell me even though we've never spoken before and I'm not quite sure why you give a shit about my relationship with someone you don't like anyway."????

Sami should just consider herself lucky that Ben didn't finish off with "You're right; I shouldn't be with Abigail. Excuse me while I go see what your son's husband is up to... "

I think the reveal to Ben might have had some impact storyline wise if Abigail and Ben were actually in love....

No one in the soap media seems to be promoting Abigail and Ben. I do think Sami's reveal to Ben was a little dumb writing-wise in the sense that I didn't think Ben would dump Abigail for something that happened prior to meeting her, and also because of his own mysterious past where he most likely did somehting "bad," but I also couldn't get worked up about it because the show didn't build up a big connection between Abigail and Ben either for me to care that much ...

It might have worked if Ben and Abigail were in love ... or interesting at all.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

While I want Sami to ditch EJ cold, and never see him again, I can somewhat understand Sami’s questioning of why.  Is the only reason EJ followed through on marrying Sami because of the children?  Did EJ ever care about Sami at all?  Has it just been some sick game EJ has been playing for eight years?  It’s not like EJ has not lied to Sami about any and everything before.  That’s how they started out.  Sami believed EJ was her friend, and he turned out to be her nightmare.  There is also the fact that striking back is what Sami does.  Her go to response is to retaliate, and that is a consistent character trait.  EJ being so nonchalant (or maybe it's JS not bothering to act), saying it meant nothing, and just expecting Sami to get over it, doesn't help either.

• Love 2
(edited)

We as the audience want to know why EJ cheated. Therefore, it wouldn't necessarily strike me as odd that Sami would want to know EJ's thought process too. We've spent months wondering why he slept with Abigail since she isn't really his type.

I think EJ may have screwed himself over by telling Sami that neither of them should have secrets between them. That's even why he goaded Sami into telling him that Abigail was allegedly pregnant -- because apparently they weren't supposed to keep secrets! from each other! That's where EJ erred big-time. Not even with the cheating, but with the whole "we shall not keep secrets from each other anymore" pact. He made Sami promise something that he himself couldn't live up to...and now he's stuck making that weird facial expression all day and looking at a broken toilet...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

There is nothing that Sami could do to Abigail that I wouldn't cheer, short of murder.  And I had to think long and hard about making that exception......

With everyone making excuses for Abigail's CHOICE to not only sleep with EJ, but to pursue him, it makes Sami's revenge seem even more appropriate.  Will this entitled little snipe ever be held accountable?

• Love 7

I can see why Sami won't give EJ time to explain himself, though. Right off the bat, he reminded her that she'd kicked him out their bed, she probably doesn't expect that he'll say anything that would really excuse what he's done (and she'd be right). She just wants to be angry right now, and she's even admitted as much to Eric. For that, I don't blame her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think EJ also angered Sami by telling her that she shouldn't have told Jennifer. That would have ticked me off.  Well, at least it would have ticked me off hearing it from EJ ...DIMERA!!! Telling Jennifer is a lot less worse than stuff EJ has done to people.  Although his reasoning was to keep Sami from finding out, I would probably run to the assumption that EJ hired the hitman in order to keep Jennifer from finding out what Abigail did. If ever there was a lame reason for hiring a hitman, it was EJ putting out a hit so that no one would find out about his affair.

Sami mentioned that EJ's "chivalry" (his compassion -- or whatever that was -- towards Abigail being found out by her Mommy) wasn't winning any points with her ...but to tell you the truth, I don't think it would with any woman, especially since EJ's first instinct is always self-preservation, which is  why he hired the hitman in the first place.

Sami is calmer when she's talkin to Eric since she holds him in some moral esteem, and his opinion counts when it comes to morals and treating people nicely (well, sort of if you don't count the Nicole rape accusation). But EJ really, really, really doesn't have room to talk for how to behave appropriately, the accent notwithstanding.

BTW, can EJ get a haircut in jail?? Maybe Sami could put that on the agenda too -- demand he get a haircut. Maybe I'll start feeling sorry for him when he goes back to the hairstyle he had in 2006.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Wait, you guys got the show today?  Days put out a facebook post saying today's show would air tomorrow.  I can't imagine they're going to be showing different shows in the same day in different parts of the country.  Dangit.

• Love 1

We didn't get the show in the SF Bay Area.  Instead they ran an episode of the Steve Harvey show (ugh) and a headline banner saying today's show would air tomorrow due to an NBC news report that was on earlier.

There is nothing that Sami could do to Abigail that I wouldn't cheer, short of murder.  And I had to think long and hard about making that exception......

With everyone making excuses for Abigail's CHOICE to not only sleep with EJ, but to pursue him, it makes Sami's revenge seem even more appropriate.  Will this entitled little snipe ever be held accountable?

I have long thought that Sami is an idiot, but I have never enjoyed her more than this week.  And by having everyone in town feel bad that poor Jennifer heard about this from Sami, and poor Abigail's name is being smeared by Sami, and big bad EJ, how could he have done this to Abigail (not Sami!), it makes me cheer Sami on even more!  

Think about it, we could have had the dream sequence reaction come true, where Sami is wounded and destroyed by this betrayal, throwing herself on the furniture, and that's what we see, or we could have Godzilla Sami who is cutting a wide swath.  I prefer the latter.  I do think we will get some flashbacks down the road of when she found out and how she was devastated.  I hope so.  I hope we see scenes that we watched where we weren't sure that she knew, with the new perspective that she did know.

As for Lucas, Adrienne, Will et al, a big fuck you to them.  Abby is no pure young thing, she's a predator pretending to be one.  I must say I liked her line where she at least acknowledged she had done both Carrie and Sami wrong by trying to steal their men.

And in Poplar Bluff news, it turns out that Clyde is only Jordan's Stepfather so I guess we will find out that he raped her.  And Kate will definitely regret what she has set in motion.

• Love 1

Not entirely true.  EJ tried to explain, asked her to calm down and talk to him yesterday and she was quiet for exactly 2.5 seconds before she heard something she didn't like and then she went off with her assumptions about what really went on again.

To be fair , Sami lasted 1.5 seconds longer than I did considering EJ was defending and trying to protect Abby.

• Love 5
(edited)

I actually never noticed that Jennifer  could be kind of weird until Abigail came along.

I mean, yeah, the Daniel thing has always been sort of irritating (or boring), but overall I thought she was decent and she never TRULY annoyed me in a hard-core sense...

However, now that Abigail is around I've learned why everyone gets ticked off by Jennifer so much. It's as if Abigail has made me notice Jennifer's flaws more....

Edited to add:

A few months ago, didn't Abigail yell at Adrienne for thinking the worst of EJ? And then Adrienne had to apologize....I thought that fight  from Abigail's end would be a clue to Adrienne about something regarding Abigail...I know that he has a history that precedes him, but in that particular fight Abigail specifically went to bat for EJ and vehemently defended him...I think that's a strong clue that she wanted him... I don't know if it's strong enough to prove how strongly she went after him, but I think Adrienne should remember that fight...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

A few months ago, didn't Abigail yell at Adrienne for thinking the worst of EJ? And then Adrienne had to apologize....I thought that fight  from Abigail's end would be a clue to Adrienne about something regarding Abigail...I know that he has a history that precedes him, but in that particular fight Abigail specifically went to bat for EJ and vehemently defended him...I think that's a strong clue that she wanted him... I don't know if it's strong enough to prove how strongly she went after him, but I think Adrienne should remember that fight...

Yes!  That's what I was trying to remember.  All I could remember is that Abigail went off on Adrienne but I couldn't remember why.  Was it because of Adrienne telling Jenn that she thought Abigail was depressed or something, about Chad, or because EJ had said something,  and Jenn went over and lit into EJ.  It's all a bit fuzzy.

And this is what I also don't get.  Granted, Adrienne is an idiot (Justin takes all those trips for more reason than just business IMO) but she is Abigail's aunt and one of her legion of defenders.  And I remember Abigail being almost as snotty and rude to Adrienne as she was to Eve the other day.  And even though she should have gotten a slap down from Adrienne for the way she spoke to her, Adrienne backed down and as usual praised the little horror - and apologized, too.  

So, yes, Adrienne should be remembering this.  But as LP says, Adrienne ignores whatever she doesn't like.  Too bad that doesn't include Abigail.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's weird that Nick was the only one who could see through Abigail...

I wonder if it will come out that Abigail knew about the hitman (and is as much of an accessory for attempted murder, at least after the fact,  as Sami) and that she was willing to sacrifice helping her cousin out for EJ's you-know-what...

Probably not, because I don't think the writers can remember their own storylines...

Edited to add:

I think Adrienne had told Jennifer that she saw Abigail with EJ? And that it wasn't a good idea for them to hang out with each other? (Clue number one?) Then Abigail blasted Adrienne... ...yeah, KM has a really snooty line delivery when it comes to expressing her character's agitation...

Then Adrienne had some weird about-face where she suggested EJ bake cupcakes with Abigail....I don't even think it was Sami who suggested the cupcake encounter....it was Adrienne because she said Abigail was the best cupcaker in town, and for whatever reason, EJ should be a beneficiary of her cupcakes...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

it makes me cheer Sami on even more!

This.  The more Sami gets bashed by the idiots in Salem, the more I want her to crucify EJ and the boring twit.

I want Sami and Kate's partnership to be real because LK and AS are so fun together, Sami needs someone (and who would have thought that someone would be Kate) on her side, and two of the original Salem witches (Kate, Sami, Nicole was the other) taking down the Dimeras is just excellent TV.

• Love 3
(edited)

Where IS Stephano? I'm not really worried about EJ, because I figure he'll somehow find a way to save EJ's backside, but I think it would be funny if Stephano was in cahoots with Sami and Kate to take down EJ....Stephano might still be seething from the kiss-the-ring encounter when EJ prior did whatever-it-was-he-did the last time to Stephano...

Nonetheless, I think the only thing EJ really has to worry about is losing Sami. But I'm sure Stephano will find a way to get his company back for his kid or whatever...

Or maybe Sami will pass the company along to Johnny and Sydney, who are Dimeras anyway,  when they're old enough...either way, I don't see what there is to feel sorry about where EJ is concerned when it comes to the company situation, which is probably why I don't think what Sami is doing is inordinately cruel...The worst thing that EJ has to worry about is not getting Sami back...and that's happened to him a million times before...I'm sure he'll bounce back in some form on an island somewhere...

Edited by bantering
(edited)

Wait -- I'm just getting caught up; so now even Lucas is telling Abigail that "anyone in their right mind who knows you will know this is EJ's fault. They'll know he's to blame"? What? Whaaat?!

I get that you hate Elvis, Lucas. Believe me, I get that. But this is getting ridiculous. I think Abigail's actually trying to take responsibility for her mistakes. Why is no one letting her? Why is no one treating her like an adult human being with a will of her own? Disgusting.

And, oh my God, "William," you know precisely what is wrong with Elvis. You've known for years he's a blackmailing swine. Don't be any more of an idiot than you can help. Jeebus.

Is the logo of Dimera Enterprises some sort of phoenix symbol nonsense? Judging by the briefing that Sami was holding, it looks a little Third Reich-y.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

That's when I change the channel or take a bathroom break. Way too over the top for me. LOL. This storyline can't wrap up fast enough for me.

This.  The more Sami gets bashed by the idiots in Salem, the more I want her to crucify EJ and the boring twit.

Wait -- I'm just getting caught up; so now even Lucas is telling Abigail that "anyone in their right mind who knows you will know this is EJ's fault. They'll know he's to blame"? What? Whaaat?!

I get that you hate Elvis, Lucas. Believe me, I get that. But this is getting ridiculous. I think Abigail's actually trying to take responsibility for her mistakes. Why is no one letting her? Why is no one treating her like an adult human being with a will of her own?

Disgusting.

So true.  It's bad enough that all of Abigail's family and friends don't care about Sami but it still burns that Sami's family isn't really on her side.  I guess we should be used to it, but still.....why should she care about them when they have constructed such a narrow perameter for her.  Yet, Abigail can literally do anything, and she's showered with support.

If I was going to feel even a smidgen of sympathy for Abigail, it would be because she's (weakly, I know) trying to take at least some responsibility while everyone around her is very vocal in not allowing her to assume any.  She's been boxed in also, like Sami, except she's been made into the "good" girl, and hell or high water her family IS going to insist on that narrative for her.

Difference is, Abigail is mostly content to live within that bubble, and in that bubble she's acted very badly, treated people poorly, and learned at her mother's knee that she has the right to judge others - and be vocal about it.  But the Hortons and her friends (does she really have any??) are doing this dimwitted twit absolutely no favors.

• Love 2
(edited)

I went back to the scene where Jack came back and fell into a pie or something....man, Jennifer and Abigail were really annoying in that clip...

To be fair to Abigail, I don't know why she believes everything Jennifer has to say either...I guess she really does side with her mother on all things...

They also gave the "bad-girl" make-up to Abigail in that scene, which was kind of annoying to me...because when she started yelling at Jack, I thought I saw the glimmer of evil in her face that makes me continue to wonder why they don't write Abigail according to how she looks, especially since acting is such a visual medium...

And Jennifer was glaring at Jack...

Then there was Daniel! Annoying...wasn't sure why he was believing everything Jennifer had to say either...

Adrienne was also shockingly snooty....

I think Chad was the only person not irritating me ...

Since no one, except possibly Chad, believed anything Jack had to say, watching Jennifer feel wronged by Eve seems really weird now...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
Where IS Stephano? 

Last he was shown flying around on a plane trying to avoid arrest warrants. I assume he was headed somewhere he can't be extradited. Ya know how the Dimeras and the Kirakis's...and Kate keep those travel locations handy. 

(edited)

Maybe everyone in Abigail's family secretly thinks she's mentally unhinged and needs to be protected?

Maybe even EJ thinks she's unhinged, and that's why he won't tell her to shut up?

I didn't see today's episode but I read the dialogue for it, and while the dialogue might play out differently when the words are said, she does sound kind of like an odd duck today in her conversation with EJ....

The writers must know Abigail gets a rise out of people when she's being as annoying as possible, so maybe that's the incarnation they prefer going with. Annoying Abigail gets more hits on internet forums than the Abigail with a saner personality...

Edited by bantering

So I gather some of the country got to see today's episode? Can somebody elaborate on what happened with Kami?

Kate has moved into the Dimera mansion because Dimera the corporation owns the mansion.  At first it looked like Sami was going to get into it with Kate, but then she just joined her for a martini.  Later Rafe shows up with a subpoena  and learns from Kate while Sami is out of the room that EJ screwed Abigail.  Rafe is taken aback.  Then he and Kate discuss their transgression and agree not to speak of it to anyone, but Sami overhears, of course.  And Kate looked fabulous in a blue long sweater and black skinny pants.

• Love 2

I think the reason Sami hasn't posted the photos (and video, if there is one) all over town, on the internet, etc. is to protect her children. Surely Johnny and Sydney (and Alli to a lesser extent) would be upset by this, and by all the talk about it they'd be sure to hear.

I don't understand why Lucas is giving Abigail a pass on this. Surely he remembers what she did to his brother and sister in law?

I remember that when the truth about Abigail and Austen came out, Jack was very hard on his precious daughter. Too bad Jennifer hasn't learned any parenting skills.

• Love 2
(edited)

Didn't Lucas think the worst of Austin too until nobody had a choice but to accept that Abigail did indeed get into his couch with only her underpants and made him think he slept with her (which, while they didn't actually do the deed, does seem very bad to me).

When Lucas is on a lot, he tends to do the "Hey man, why did you...blah blah" with other guys.

I think he tends to come down hard on other men and goes easier on women, unless you're Sami....he's the only woman I've really ever seen him be hard on. I think Kate is worse but Lucas seems to accept whatever she does. Maybe he's too scared to lecture her though...I wouldn't put it past her to put out a hit on her own son if he got too annoying...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1