Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why is Abby always looking for validation? “Does that make me heartless?, Does that make me bad? Am I not a good person? Bitch you should know how you come off when you say those things. Why are Abby & Ben always talking about EJ? I'm so sick of Ben talking down to EJ like he's even better and has a secret to boot. STFU loser. I wouldn't mind if it was someone else talking about EJ who has had experiences in dealing with him but Ben hasn't dealt with EJ so his opinion carries no weight at all. Abby girl, please stop acting like the jilted wife who's husband betrayed her, that belongs to Sami or did she miss that memo? Still baffles me that she goes to see EJ in jail, even behind bars EJ can tell this simpleton what to do.

Go Sami, telling them chauvinistic board members off talking about, “what woman can't sell lipstick?” She had more restraint than I did, cause I would have went off on him. Kate looks a little pissed off at the meeting at the end, is Sami not doing something that she's suppose to? Is it that letter that Kate told her to read? I really hope writers don't fuck up this story.

Nicole is one dumbass journalist, she's going to people who don't want to talk to her or have anything to do with her. Nicole talking about how she wants to help, oh just like she helped Eric. EJ should have said that to her.

Eric if you even think about getting back with that trashbag, you're just the stupidest fuck in Salem.

I'm over Brady and Theresa, all they do is snort, fuck, and drink. Such a shame as they had so much potential, but goodness do writers just write the same stories for them. Brady continue to be a dumbass and taken advantage of and Theresa just a scheming shrew. There should be better angst for them besides this. Goodness Brady is a one minute man, yikes.

Yawn is such a bad actor, his facial expressions and sucking on lemons face is just nauseating. His sucking lemons expression reminds me of Melody Thomas Scott from Y&R cause she does the same thing.

• Love 2

Sami doesn't want EJ's money.  Sami has never cared about money.  She could have had EJ's money years ago if she had wanted it.  Sami doesn't need anyone (Rafe, EJ, etc.) to save her.  I hate the idea that Sami is a victim who needs rescuing.  Sami is a fighter and always has been.

Considering she married him to take his company and everything that comes along with it, it shows she cares and wants his money. Also her entire kicking him out of the bedroom over Kristen/Eric but still living in the house and wanting to use the jet. If she cared so much about what Kristen did to her brother, while live with the woman and if she was so appalled over the Dimeras? She's not willing to give up the life EJ provides for her.

Even at Will's wedding she was throwing around money and buying houses on EJ's dime. She shows how much she wants the life he gives her by her actions.

After Rafe dumped her, Sami had no place to live. EJ gave her an apartment free of charge because she and her kids had nowhere to go. Stefano gave her that job to piss off Kate.  

• Love 1

I don't understand how Sami can marry EJ and take the company anyways.  Doesn't it all belong to Stefano?  EJ had to crawl on his hands and knees, to Stefano, and give back everything in order to get Sami out of jail.  Why would marrying EJ give Sami all of the DiMera assets?  It wouldn't, would it?  Do the writers not realize that?

Even if Sami becomes CEO, it's not like she should be able to get the mansion and other assets.  Unless they're going to say something like the house is listed as corporate-owned or something weird.  And even then...

Having the CEO position doesn't necessarily make her rich anyways, does it?  Those are not liquid assets.  I mean, she would get a bump in pay, I'm sure, but, corporate assets will be assets, not piles of money. 

And since the company and all assets were given back to Stefano, by EJ last year, Sami is really screwing over Stefano instead; which seems like a really bad idea. 

I'm getting a bad feeling that the planned ending of this uneasy Sami/Kate alliance is one that will really annoy me or that the ending isn't yet planned at all and that the writers are sort of making things up as they go along. I'm trying to enjoy the journey without worrying about the destination and all that, but as is typical of this show, the potential of this storyline feels a lot greater than the actual execution. 

The writers *deliberately* write Brady as the dumbest man alive, right? If so, behold their success! Even by Salem standards, he is one scarily stupid dolt. And as someone who thinks Theresa has great potential and is played by one of the best actresses on the show, I really, really wish they'd get a move on with this endlessly repetitive Brady/Theresa storyline (does it even qualify as a 'storyline' if it's really just the same scene of them doing drugs over and over for several weeks with no discernible beginning middle or end?!) I'd love to see Theresa move on to more interesting material that allows her to interact with more dynamic characters. Brady, meanwhile, can overdose for all I care or enroll in some year-long rehab program that's located way, way offscreen. 

Like many of you, I'm genuinely baffled as to how they're trying to depict Abby. Are we supposed to see her as a genuinely 'grey' character? A good girl who made a terrible mistake? A bad girl who deceives herself and the entire town into thinking she's a saint? Sadly, the writing and acting are just a huge miss for me. Then again, she's not the only DooL character about whom I can make that same claim! 

• Love 1

I'm sad.  After today, I don't think Kate and Sami are working together.  I think Kate is setting Sami up.

Kate knows Sami is a screw up. When she screws up again, Kate is going to have her little ducks all line up in a row. I don't blame. LOL.

LK is the only one saving this storyline. I'll be glad when Kristen and Stefano return.

(edited)

EJ said something last year about the corporation owning the Dimera Mansion.  However, I didn't think Sami and Kate were going after making Sami CEO.  I thought it would be more along the lines of them getting ownership of CW, and maybe some of the other companies.  Sami can be voted out as CEO just like she was voted in.

Sami has never cared about money.  EJ used to offer her anything she wanted to leave Lucas or Rafe and be with him, and Sami always turned him down.

I'm getting a bad feeling that the planned ending of this uneasy Sami/Kate alliance is one that will really annoy me or that the ending isn't yet planned at all and that the writers are sort of making things up as they go along. I'm trying to enjoy the journey without worrying about the destination and all that, but as is typical of this show, the potential of this storyline feels a lot greater than the actual execution.

I could see this going the way of the "Toss Nick in the river SL."  It started out great, and just went downhill.

Present Brady makes Brady from two weeks ago look smart.  Theresa/JL are so wasted in this SL.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
(edited)
This whole revenge thing, over EJ's 2-night stand, is ridiculous  Sami should've just taken the kids and walked; not all this.  After all they've done to each other, EJ screwing Abby twice is so far down the list, that the revenge plan is far out of proportion for the 'crime'. 

A sense of proportion has been seriously lacking in the show for at least the last couple of years; time after time, the various baroque revenge plots have lacked either any sense that the scale of the revenge matches the hurt being avenged, or that all the scheming will actually achieve anything meaningful. Look at John's and Kristen's ridiculous scheming to achieve revenge sex: both of them claimed to care about Brady, and each of them was doing to the other exactly the same thing (or perhaps I should just say doing the other) in order to "destroy" the token object of their revenge. (ETA: I barely remember the purpose of Stefano's complex efforts to reawaken or reconstruct the Princess Gina and Pawn personalities in Hope and John, but it had something to with one of Stefano's little earth-shaking tchotchkes, and also because Marlena.) Nick's various plots and Gabi's counterplot against him were no more coherent than Sami's and Kate's elaborate-yet-rickety ruse to jail, defraud, or just embarrass Elvis and/or Stefano. It's as if the writers believe that all that is required is that the "avenging" party do something completely unexpected. It doesn't have to be a smart, effective, or even rational plan. It just has to be "shocking."

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Sami only ever wanted the DiMera jet to fly to a business meeting for the DiMera Corporation.

What the hell are they doing with Nicole anyway?  She seems pointless right now.  I don't see how they can insert her into the Sami/EJ storyline, and her continuing to to after Eric makes her seem deluded.  Maybe that's the point??  Sorry to say I don't see ANY point for Nicole right now.  I think she needs to be backburnered for a while.

I think Nicole will be involved in the Kristen Returns storyline.

Nicole is one dumbass journalist, she's going to people who don't want to talk to her or have anything to do with her.

Doesn't Nicole work at a legit newspaper? She acts like she's a tabloid "journalist". 

Eric if you even think about getting back with that trashbag, you're just the stupidest fuck in Salem.

Eric can STFU talking about he understands why Nicole did what she did. Nicole didn't destroy the evidence because she was so in love with him. Nicole destroyed the evidence because she's a lying, desperate, lonely, pathetic loser. He needs to tell her to take a nose dive off the steps at the town square. 

I'm getting a bad feeling that the planned ending of this uneasy Sami/Kate alliance is one that will really annoy me or that the ending isn't yet planned at all and that the writers are sort of making things up as they go along.

AS already filmed her last scenes like a month ago so I'm assuming that means they found a way to wrap things up. 

Like many of you, I'm genuinely baffled as to how they're trying to depict Abby. Are we supposed to see her as a genuinely 'grey' character? A good girl who made a terrible mistake? A bad girl who deceives herself and the entire town into thinking she's a saint? Sadly, the writing and acting are just a huge miss for me.

I feel like we're supposed to be seeing way more conflict than what we're getting but KM doesn't seem to know what she's doing. 

• Love 3

I actually thought that Nicole was doing a tabloid television show.  I remember her producer, or whoever, fawning over the Kristen/Eric tape that hit the internet, and that he wanted to exploit it as something like Eric being a sleazy priest.  I know Nicole taped some interviews and was going to try and use it to show Eric's side, but I don't remember whatever happened with all that.  

(edited)

Nicole is more interesting when she's doing actual work. The same goes for Kate and Sami, which is why I can deal with their board meetings, even though probably neither is qualified. Then again, I don't know how Stephano is either in terms of owning all these companies. What shareholders want to deal with a mobster, but whatever, I'll go with it.

I don't really think Sami is interested in EJ's money -- I think she's more interested in getting back at him. But even if she is interested in him for his money, someone with his personality probably shouldn't be surprised. He had his hotness and his money going for him. Now the hotness seems to be leaving him -- why???

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

Nicole had her story on Eric, and literally destroyed it along with the evidence that cleared Eric.

Sami said she went to Kate with this plan.  Why?

I don't really think Sami is interested in EJ's money -- I think she's more interested in getting back at him. But even if she is interested in him for his money, someone with his personality probably shouldn't be surprised. He had his hotness and his money going for him. Now the hotness seems to be leaving him -- why???

I agree Sami wants to get back at EJ.  Revenge and payback motivate Sami not money.  I don't know what JS has done to himself, but he is looking the worse for wear.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
(edited)

Kate blaming Sami for EJ cheating was fucking gross.  Every bit as gross as Mr. Valdez denigrating women by laughing about how easy it was to sell lipstick.  Women are not responsible for the behavior of men.  Ever.

Still, I don't want the Kate-Sami alliance to fall apart.  Stefano can DIAF for all I care, and EJ deserves to lose and be humiliated.

Eric was back to being boring.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

Someone like Sami wouldn't be content just walking out, without concocting a more elaborate revenge scheme. That's what makes her a fun character for me. EJ is no different - how many times did he plot against Sami when they weren't a couple? And he held onto all that evidence against her and her son, so any claims he might make that his intentions and plans for the future were nothing but innocent and pure and loving ring very hollow. The second Sami stepped out of line, he would've blackmailed her. If she had just tried to take the kids and leave, he would've blackmailed her. So if nothing else, she did at least need to string him along enough that she could get that evidence. Sure, she should have left it at just that and not gone after DiMera, but I would be very, very bored otherwise.

• Love 4

Now you know Abby is about to be exposed because she's just now mentioning the kids she didn't give a toss about for the last six months, LOL. Perhaps Kate means that Sami contributed to the affair by pushing EJ towards Abby in January and icing him out of the bedroom. I'm not sure if Kate knows why, but even though it doesn't justify the cheating, it did create the atmosphere because EJ acted worse than a Horny Toad. I think Kate's biggest concern with Sami is that she will turn around and forgive EJ. She didn't sound very convincing during the week before the wedding on the bench. I'm TeamSami on this, but if she runs back to EJ, then I'm on Kate's side. If I was Kate I would be worried about Sami turning on me by siding with EJerk.

• Love 1

Haha. Abby is still singing the same song about how she's not gonna lie. She acts like she is not a liar, but she is. If she wasn't, she would have told Sami the truth already. She likes to absolve her own responsibility by acting like EJ is the main liar and she's just going along for the ride. That's what annoys me about the character. She denies her own agency, sexual or otherwise. Abby really has no clue about the reality of who she is. She persists in thinking that she is one way, but her behaviour does not match. Even her portrayer has conflicting views about Abby. Even now, I'll bet she let's EJ take the blame initially, but then Sami will force her to take responsibility. Ever since EJ rejected Abby, she's acted like she is superior to EJ because he is a bad man who should have shown restraint, etc. What Abby fails to realise is that in this instance, she and EJ are the same. I'm not sure if it's been brought up here, but I'll never understand the argument that EJ should be the sole focus of Sami's wrath. Sure EJ had more responsibility towards Sami, but would people really expect that the wife would not go after the woman who disrespected her family too? Plus in a small town like Salem, it's just too incestuous to be ignored. In other places people have said Abby doesn't owe Sami anything. So is it right to have an affair with an engaged man who has kids even if you've never met his wife?

• Love 4

In other places people have said Abby doesn't owe Sami anything. So is it right to have an affair with an engaged man who has kids even if you've never met his wife?

No. I've never understood this kind of hairsplitting, the kind that says the unmarried person involved with a married person is not the one committing adultery. Not to say that "the other woman" (or man) is more responsible than the married person (or that the unmarried person "convinced" the married one to cheat), but marriage vows are not a private matter between the spouses, they're public; they're not valid without a witness -- standing in for the larger community. It's unethical for an unmarried person to get involved with someone already committed. If Abigail is absolving herself of guilt because she herself made no specific commitment to Sami, she's deluding herself. She's not responsible for Elvis's choices, but she is for her own.

• Love 6

That is something that has really been annoying me about this SL.  It's not Sami's fault EJ cheated.  It wasn't Rafe's fault Sami cheated.  It wasn't Nicole's fault EJ cheated.  It isn't Jordan's fault Rafe cheated.  People are responsible for their own choices.  EJ is the only person responsible for his cheating.  The boring twit is responsible for her choices to.

I want Sami and Kate to stay frenemies and working together, but I have a bad feeling Kate might be setting Sami up for Stefano.  I hate Stefano and his involvement in any SL.  It's pointless because Stefano shows up for two seconds, and has all the power.  I wanted Sami and Kate's scheming against the Dimeras to be real.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ever since EJ rejected Abby, she's acted like she is superior to EJ because he is a bad man who should have shown restraint, etc.

Abby isn't even in the same universe as everyone else. I think even Nicole might have more self awareness than her. Sometimes. Maybe. The one thing I will say in EJ's favor is that he never lied to Abby about who he is and he didn't pretend to love her or make her believe he had any intentions of leaving Sami for her. The fact that Abby deluded herself into thinking she was anything more than EJ's side piece is her own fault. She would be just a little tiny bit less repulsive if she just owned what she did and admitted she wanted EJ and didn't care about hurting Sami or the kids. This "Stockholm syndrome" martyr crap just makes her look like a whack job.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

If Abby were younger, and not as sophisticated as the writers tell us she is, and if she didn't know Sami and her kids, I might be willing to assign slightly less responsibility to her (as KM expects the audience to do).  But she's not some naïve, sheltered thing.  She's traveled the world, been in relationships, and most importantly gone after a married man before and got caught.  She knew exactly the type of man EJ was and the family he came from.  She knew Sami and her children (she's supposed to be best friends with one of them!) and so she couldn't handwave them as abstract concepts immune from the pain her actions would cause.  She's every bit as responsible as EJ for their affair, and I can't wait to watch Sami make her squirm.

In the few years I've been watching Days, there hasn't been  a single time I've found Abby likable, rootable, or entertaining.  Why is she even on?

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I think Nicole has more self-awareness than Abigail.

Nicole puts up a front in public, but in her most private moments I think she knows  her actions are wrong.

Abigail is sort of....I don't know what she is....she's a little different from other characters I've seen on Days. Maybe signals are getting crossed as to what kind of character she's supposed to be, other than an annoying one. I tend to think the writers know Abigail is annoying (how could they not???), but maybe they're pretending to KM that Abigail isn't really that way (hence, the weird interviews) so that she doesn't leave like every other young actress in recent memory....

Edited to add:

I was upset with Liz when she had the affair with Lucky's brother on General Hospital, and what she did was ickier than what Abigail did, but in the end I don't think I got as heated in my annoyance towards Liz as I've gotten towards Abigail.  Liz seemed to have some recognition that what she was doing was gross....nonetheless, I did look forward to Liz being torn down a bit, so if I can have that reaction to Liz who I don't even hate, you can only imagine my reaction to Abigail, who I do dislike quite a bit.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

The writers *deliberately* write Brady as the dumbest man alive, right? If so, behold their success! Even by Salem standards, he is one scarily stupid dolt. And as someone who thinks Theresa has great potential and is played by one of the best actresses on the show, I really, really wish they'd get a move on with this endlessly repetitive

That is a rousing success, isn't it?  BulletHead is a very pretty cokehead but Good Lord that man is dumb.  And mean, too.  It doesn't bother me one bit that he's blaming it all on Jawn, though.  That's the one thing he's doing right.  Not that it is all Jawn's fault but anyone who can puncture that gaseous windbag's self-love has at least done one thing right.  But nonetheless Brady is one self-entitled thickheaded lunk.  If he wasn't Victor's idiot grandson he'd probably be on the Horton Square Cleanup Crew career path.

And I agree that it's time to do something with Theresa and Brady, and I hope it's soon.  Theresa is growing on with each performance.  Her talk with Eric was another great scene for her.  I really like that sometimes, these conversations help deepen the characters.  It's certainly working with Theresa.

Eric, on the other hand.....I'm hoping that when he ran upstairs when he saw Nicole, he was logging on to some porn.  Boy needs SOMETHING!!

Haha. Abby is still singing the same song about how she's not gonna lie. She acts like she is not a liar, but she is. If she wasn't, she would have told Sami the truth already. She likes to absolve her own responsibility by acting like EJ is the main liar and she's just going along for the ride. That's what annoys me about the character. She denies her own agency, sexual or otherwise.

Sing it!  And not only does she refuse to take any responsibility for her actions, or accept any responsibility for how others end up feeling because of her actions, she has the gall to act put out and offended about it all.  And she does this all the time.  And how does it work for Abigail, this modern young woman, to be blaming EJ for what happened between the two of them, as if women are helpless victims, at the mercy of their passions?  She does know this isn't the 12th century, right?  Imagine how pissed off she'd be is someone tried to tell her she was emotionally limited by her gender - she'd flip out - again.  But when it suits her, it's all someone else's fault.

Come to think of it, it's just the same way her mother blames everyone else when things don't go her way.

I hope everyone in Salem who has been on the receiving end of her waspish tongue enjoys watching her squirm. 

I don't think Kate is going to betray Sami for Stefano.  She might betray Sami, but if she does, it will be for herself.   And she's right to watch her back.  Sami may not be planning a doublecross right now, but this IS Sami and Kate.  If not now, it will be coming.  And Sami should be feeling the same.   I hope they end up as co-CEO's.  They both looked mighty good sitting at the head of that table, intimidating all those fat cats.

Ollie and Boopsie Sue's dad lurking around Salem is pretty funny to watch.  This guy looks like he should have his picture hanging in every post office, and be barred from being within 500 feet of any schools, but he's lurking around town thinking nobody notices how creepy he is?  That's as ridiculous as it was when people didn't automatically assume that Gabi was dumber than a Thanksgiving turkey, or that Lip-Lickin' Nick wasn't a bottom feeder, but what the hell.  This IS the town that has Roman as Chief of Police and Rafe as the Ace Detective.

It was a real treat to see Caroline, as it always is.  Some characters and actors can turn any episode into a good day just by being on the show.

• Love 5
(edited)
Kate looks a little pissed off at the meeting at the end, is Sami not doing something that she's suppose to? Is it that letter that Kate told her to read? I really hope writers don't fuck up this story.

Yes, it's the letter. Sami is supposed to read that letter Kate gave her right before the vote is taken, so this is Sami's cue and that's why Kate prompted her, but Sami instead was all "no further business."

Which convinces me that Kate is being sincere in this scheme with Sami. But she should have known that Sami would be put off by the ultimatums, especially when they were delivered along with a heaping pile of humiliation in the form of "it's your fault EJ cheated with a young hot nubile thing." It was the wrong way to handle Sami, and now Sami's calling Kate's bluff by refusing to read the letter like Kate told her to do. It's kind of a stupid thing for Sami to do, but I can't help but admire her for refusing to give even an inch of ground. Kate is what poker players would call pot-committed. True, she could now vote against making Sami CEO, but she already read out the fake letter from Stefano endorsing Sami as CEO and she herself is the one who made a big deal about everything being recorded, so she's screwed. Her other option, which I'm guessing she'll choose instead, is to still go through with the plan and vote with Sami and hope that Sami follows through on her promises.

But if Sami doesn't read that letter and Kate votes against her, it will be Sami's fault the Kami scheme fell apart. Not Kate's. Kate let Sami know what she expects as payoff for this scheme and Sami chose not to give Kate the guarantee she wanted. Sure, Kate went about trying to get that guarantee in the exact wrong way today, but it's ultimately Sami who sort of double-crossed Kate. I say sort of because if Kate goes through with the plan anyway, we'll have to see if Sami gives her what she promised - if she does, then she ultimately stayed true.

Aside from the off-putting ultimatum and blame for EJ's cheating, a key thing Kate forgot is that if you tell someone you don't trust them, it lets them know they can't trust you. Because if you don't trust them, then you're obviously thinking about betraying them before they can betray you, and that can make someone who was actually not going to betray you decide that they had better beat you to the punch, because now they don't trust you anymore. I kind of think that Sami intended to pay Kate as promised (if for no other reason than because, with two DiMeras soon to be after her, she needs to keep Kate as an ally), but she was offended by Kate today and is now distrustful of her, and so she's going to make Kate prove she can be trusted...or not. I'm looking forward to seeing what Kate chooses to do tomorrow.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sami has never cared about money.  EJ used to offer her anything she wanted to leave Lucas or Rafe and be with him, and Sami always turned him down.

Maybe that Sami from years ago, this one does care a lot about living in the mansion/Dimera money/power. She'd go on and on about Kristen and not knowing if she'd marry EJ or if they have a life together. Yet when EJ told her to leave then, she looked scared to death. She's not willing to give up her cushy life and go back to jobless and homeless. She has nothing without EJ. No job, no home, no property. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Quoting from the spoiler thread because my response isn't spoilery at all

Let Abby sing like a canary too. Sami's in to spot to attack others considering the amount of crimes she's committed this year.

I wish she would, but I don't think anyone cares anymore. Plus, I don't think Abby knows about the River Dump. It does still bug me that only Gabi suffered any consequences, though, and technically, isn't even paying for that.

This has all gone on far too long. How awesome would it have been for all of these revelations to have come out all at once: Sami exposes Abby and EJ, EJ exposes Sami/Kate/Gabi re:Nick, Kate tells everyone that Sami came to her with a revenge plan? All in an effort to shift the focus to someone else's misdeeds. It could have happened ages ago, and it would have had a much greater impact.

What's crazy is TIIC asked AS, CB, and BB to extend their contracts.  They didn't have to drag things on for this long, they could have had everyone going down in flames selling each other out months ago.

Sami doesn't care about money.  Kate is the one who references how they will be set for life, how much they will gain, etc.  Sami stated quite clearly that EJ has all the power.  Sami has finally realized much to late just how vulnerable she made herself by getting involved with EJ.

• Love 1

STFU Mary Beth, Jen, Jordan, Ben and Clyde.

STFU Abby you dumbass. She's so pissed that he wouldn't dump Sami for her. Freak. 

STFU EJ with that stupid look on your face and that dirty ass hair. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Loved Sami and Kate today.  I hope the writers don't ruin this.  So Kate and Sami are co-CEOs for six months during which time they will sell to themselves the part of DE they want?  They will find more crimes to rat EJ and Stefano out for?

I can't wait for tomorrow.  I want to see Sami crush EJ.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

“Don't forget you need my vote bitch” LMAO love Kate, cause look to me Sami wasn't going to read it until Kate reminded her. So they both have reason not to trust each other and keep each other on their toes. It was funny that the board guy called Kate beautiful but not Sami. Glad Sami finally revealed to EJ that she kenw about the affair.

Gosh Abby is a nit, that she would loudly talk about the hitman but yet she knew about it too. Abby please stop trying to analyze EJ, “he could have been so good.” What she meant by that is that EJ could have been so good for her. She wanted to parade around town and announce to Salem how she changed EJ and how good he is now all because her magic vagina turned him around. Abby bitch please, you've always been a rude little snot when things aren't about you.

Why do they keep mentioning Abby's name in front of Ben like she's some damn prize or something? When they do mention her name Ben has a look on his face like he rather see someone else besides her.

Can we kill off Mary Beth please for a friend, she's too self involved in Paige's love life.

Trust you Jenn, JJ would have much luck trusting an alligator not to bite him. Why the fuck is she keep moving that Jack photo? It's not gonna change, his expression isn't gonna change.

Eve continues to annoy me with her over the top behavior. Can she tone that shit down? Someone I actually like, uhh Eve you barely spent time with him to “like” him. Why was she being so over the top today? WTF is up Eve's ass, why can't she accept the 50/50 deal? Isn't Jack's agreement or whatever say that the veterans and Eve get proceeds, it didn't say what percentage, so don't see what the problem is. Eve is just as annoying as Jenn.

I do see what the writers are trying to do with making Eve be the bad guy and Jenn be good as always.

• Love 2
(edited)

When they do mention her name Ben has a look on his face like he rather see someone else besides her.

Maybe he's slowly realizing how stank Gagby is. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I was happy that Sami told EJ as I thought that EJ was gonna find out through some source like bitch ass Nicole. Now Kate and Sami just have to be on their toes when stank ass Stefano returns, but he really can't cause there's a warrant for his arrest as soon as he lands in Salem. So I guess that's one thing working in Sami and Kate's favor.

• Love 2

The only thing I can come up with is that in the next six months Kate and Sami are going to sell off parts of DE?  Maybe buy some of the subsidiaries themselves?  All while using their access to dig up as much criminal activity on Stefano and EJ as possible?  They have to neutralize Stefano and EJ by either prison or death.

• Love 1
(edited)

God, Abigail, shut the hell up!  What a bitch.  I can't wait to see her and her mother's horrified faces when Sami brings them down.  Though I bet Jennifer will be more horrified that Eve and Daniel would date.  Because she's all about herself.  And btw, Abigail, not reporting a crime makes you a co-conspirator after the fact, so think about that.  Maybe you can wind up in the cell next to EJ.

Did Rafe really leave town without calling Jordan first?  And just what was IN that email that incriminates EJ that required an immediate out-of-town trip?

I wish we could have gotten more of the Sami surprise announcement scene.  Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 5

Whoever was playing the secretary was awesome - no lines, but she threw in some good reaction shots. She was shaking her head at one point at the shenanigans...hee.

Congratulations to Kate for making Sami back down at the last second. Although I did love when Sami refused to read the apparent 2-pages-plus of an ode to Kate's awesomeness. At first when Kate insisted that there was more to the letter that Sami needed to read, I thought there was another component to the deal besides co-CEO, but no, it was just praise of her.

Anyway, I'm thrilled Kami managed to hold together and execute their plan despite the last-minute jitters. I loved their handshake-turned-handhold at the end. They do have some sort of weird affection and respect for each other deep down. Also, I must say Sami was looking really great today - everything was working, from the hair to the dress to the eyes. Abby may be younger but I'll take Sami. EJ was a dumbass. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow.

I don't care enough about the rest of what went on to comment, except that I see the writers are determined to make me think Eve is the evillest Eve that ever evilled. Look, Jen was going to give Eve what she asked for, and now Eve wants more than that, and really is stealing money from the veterans! Our veterans! Everyone hate her and bow down to saintly Jen, protector and defender of our veterans! Ye gods. It's like they knew at least some portion of the audience would say that Eve is entitled to what the agreement Jack signed gave her, so of course Eve must demand even more.

• Love 3

So did Eve get into Theresa's coke, or was she just overcome by the Dirty Dan odor, because for a while there I thought she was going to levitate.  Down, girl, down.  Getting your hands on Dan will NOT be hard.  And even though she's fired him as her doctor, any research on the good doctor would have shown her that he gives his ALL to his patients.  His understanding of the Hippocratic oath is....unusual...

God, Abigail, shut the hell up!  What a bitch.  I can't wait to see her and her mother's horrified faces when Sami brings them down.  Though I bet Jennifer will be more horrified that Eve and Daniel would date.  Because she's all about herself.  And btw, Abigail, not reporting a crime makes you a co-conspirator after the fact, so think about that.  Maybe you can wind up in the cell next to EJ.

Show can keep trying to tell us that Abigail and Jenn are "good" persons, but telling ain't cuttin' it.  Abigail is such a nasty little snot.  Every time she doesn't get what she wants, or becomes dimly aware that she's behaved badly, she immediately turns the tables and makes everything someone else's fault.  And being a member in good standing of the Tiny-Brained Folk, she easily convinces herself that she's guiltless and a victim.  It seems she's forgotten that she climbed EJ like he was Mt. Everest - the only thing lacking was a Sherpa guide.  And as is said above, she's so full of herself that she doesn't realize that her knowledge of EJ's hitman, knowing and saying nothing, MAKES HER GUILTY TOO.  This was exactly the threat that Nick used against Will and Sonny.

It's her tone, more than anything, that holier-than-thou voice, with the contempt in her eyes that makes her utterly unsympathetic. 

And then there's her momma.......So we get to see Jenn, brow furrowed, heavy of heart, making the noble gesture of, with weary nobility, agree to do what JACK AGREED TO.  She's always the hero in her own mind.  And, of course, she's making the surpreme sacrifice of DOING THE RIGHT THING because she just loves JJ and Paige too much.  That's our Jenn, just loving too much.  Gaa, what a hypocrite.  There's always a movie running in that empty space she calls a brain, and in it, she's the heroine.  Too bad, that like her daughter, you don't have to scratch very hard to see the ugly in her jump out.

We'll see more tomorrow, but it sounded like she was offering Eve half of the BOOK rights, but not whatever income accrues from the movie rights, etc.  That's not how it works.  And if Aiden thinks it is, then he's no better an attorney than Jenn is a human. 

But of course it's being telegraphed that Evil Eve is being mean to Good Jenn.  Show should realize that when you have to work this hard to make your point, it's a fail.

No fail on the Kate/Sami front!  It was great to see that - at least at this point - Kate and Sami aren't working against each other.  I guess that will come, but for now it's fun to watch them sideline the DiMera men.  And with the show ending with Sami letting EJ know she's in charge, and knows everything, it's must-see tv.

• Love 3
(edited)

I loved Sami and Kate today.  Can't wait to see EJ realize he underestimated his wife.  Hopefully on top of telling him that she knows he fucked Abigail while she was in the next room, she also tells him she destroyed the evidence he would have held over her head had she ever stepped out of line.

Abby is an idiot.  As others have said, does she not realize she made herself a party to EJ's crime?  Also, she's weird looking. I'm tied of people calling her hot and beautiful, because no.

Jennifer is a real piece of work, acting so magnanimous in offering to honor the legal agreement Jack signed ... except conveniently omitting the movie rights.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3
Hopefully on top of telling him that she knows he fucked Abigail while she was in the next room, she also tells him she destroyed the evidence he would have held over her head had she ever stepped out of line.

I have no doubt she will, but I hope she doesn't volunteer that information early. Once EJ realizes groveling for forgiveness is not going to work, he'll switch to "I'll ruin your life" mode, and it'll be so much more fun if she drops the bomb then. I hope she saved the ashes of the bonfire she made of the evidence, and tosses them in his face.

• Love 3
(edited)

Hopefully on top of telling him that she knows he fucked Abigail while she was in the next room, she also tells him she destroyed the evidence he would have held over her head had she ever stepped out of line.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of lame excuses EJ comes up with to justify keeping the evidence. If he actually cared about keeping Sami and Will out of prison he would have destroyed the evidence immediately.

A link to the latest KM interview was posted in the spoilers thread but I'm going to post some non spoiler excerpts here because I think everyone should see what she has to say.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/days-kate-mansi-chats-on-on-abigails-affair-with-ej-being-exposed-rob-scott-wilson-james-scott-and-more/2014/07/09/

KM looks weird in that first picture Michael Fairman posted.

It’s funny, because through the whole thing she is trying to keep her wits about her, and it’s really difficult, because she has a loyalty to her family.  She is trying to get grounded and find herself and take responsibility for it and move forward.

So for Abigail at this moment she just wants it to be over.  She is thinking, “I can’t really come out with it and so now it’s weighing heavily on me.  I just want it to be tied up in a bow.”

Since when is the affair weighing "heavily" on her conscious? As far as I can tell Abby is only worried about getting caught and doesn't care about how what's she's done will affect Sami and the kids. And what is this about Abby taking responsibility for her actions? LMAO, please. I'm actually surprised she hasn't said that Sami deserved to get cheated on.

So Abigail just wants her affair with EJ to be over with?

Well sort of, but I think she does want EJ … and it’s not over.  That kind of chemistry lives on, and is always there, and present for you. You tell yourself whatever you can to be able to move on, even though circumstances can keep you apart.  EJ married someone else and it’s crushing her.  But what she has to tell herself to get through it is, “It’s not right …”

I'm pretty sure in one of KM's previous interviews she was talking about how Abby has moved on from EJ and is now ready to move on with Ben. And why is she making it seem like Abby and EJ had some epic romance? They screwed a couple of times, that's it. She may have read more into it or wanted there to be more but that's because she's delusional. EJ treats her like the side piece that she is. Someone he has to keep under control so she won't expose him.

Where you sad when you found out James Scott was leaving the show?  Or, did you know about it ahead of time?

I did know about it for awhile.  James pulled me aside in my dressing room and told me.  I feel really privileged to have worked with him towards the end of his run.  We both felt like we left it all out there, and it was great.

I'm sure KM knows that with EJ out of the way a lot of the people who were interested in Abby will go back to ignoring her existence.

she tends to find men that are sort of like influx, and working on issues, and sort of like trying to turn a corner in their lives, but they have this past or something deep-rooted for them going on.  I think that’s very enticing for her.

The only thing Abby is enticed by is a man who is already in a relationship.

I think she has a nurturing element to her character

False.

Another stellar interview by KM. Is she the new PR person or something? Why does no one else get interviewed.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2
(edited)

It is kinda weird how she's the go to person. I think even in stories that weren't about her (Nick stuff with the coven, Wilson) she's piped in or was quoted.

Anyhow she and Ben will become they focus now. I think he should drop the zero. Maybe hook up with Kate lol.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

Another stellar interview by KM. Is she the new PR person or something? Why does no one else get interviewed.

I have wondered about interviews with soap actors, not these long ones as much as the one liners that appear in SOD. I always laugh when they say the actor "sighs" as opposed to "says". (For example, "Abby has a hard decision to make," sighs Mansi.) Is the magazine reaching out to actors for a sentence or two about the plot? Or pulling it from longer interviews?

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of lame excuses EJ comes up with to justify keeping the evidence. If he actually cared about keeping Sami and Will out of prison he would have destroyed the evidence immediately.

True. And when he admits that he held onto the evidence for a rainy day, well, it demonstrates he's not a poor widdle deceived prince of a boyfriend/husband who's only ever helped Sami. He knows who Sami is, which is reason #1 it was a dumb idea to cheat on her. The difference between Sami and EJ, as a poster commented upthread, is that Sami hasn't made any pretenses with EJ about who she is, at least not until she found out that he cheated and put this revenge plan into motion. But that revenge plan is something he knew she was capable of. It's going to surprise him to learn that she knew about the cheating, but it's not going to surprise him that her reaction was to get revenge on him. But EJ has been pretending to Sami that she can trust him to take care of her and her kids, all the while carefully preserving evidence to use to send Sami and/or Will to prison at any time it served his purposes. And to boot, keeping that evidence in the same safe as the wedding ring he planned to give Sami. So romantic. And not like he can claim that he just forgot that he even still had the evidence because it was in some remote safe he hasn't looked in in forever - it was in his safe in the living room. He probably goes into it at least once a week.

I suppose if I were him, I'd try to claim that although I did hold onto the evidence, I planned to give it to her as a wedding present, and was stopped only because I was arrested at the wedding. That's why if I were Sami, I'd wait for him to mention the evidence first, as a threat, rather than bringing it up myself. Makes it harder for him to turn around on a dime and say that keeping it was totally a benign thing and it was going to be a wedding present.

• Love 3