Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think I thought Jordan's secret would involve something where it made sense that Jordan wasn't right for Rafe.

But so far all we've seen is a strange dad who might have done something bad to his kids. This, in isolation, does not make sense for Kate to go after Jordan or for Rafe to dump her,  but since Kate keeps insisting that this secret is going to ruin things between Rafe and Jordan, I figure there has to be something more? 

Sadly, I think that's it.  Kate knows - because Clyde told her - that Tammy Flu stole a sum of money from Daddy Dearest and then stole Lil' Ollie as well and ran off with both.

So she's in violation of the law, and Kate thinks that Dudley DoRight Hernandez will be so disappointed in his lawbreakin' sweetheart that it will turn his smile into a frown.

And she has some basis for thinking that, since Rafe is such a stickler for the law unless you happen to be his sister.  

• Love 1

So she's in violation of the law, and Kate thinks that Dudley DoRight Hernandez will be so disappointed in his lawbreakin' sweetheart that it will turn his smile into a frown.

I don't even think he knows about various aliases.  Yes, Rafe has technically overlooked some of Gabi's actions but everyone took great pains not to breathe a word to Rafe about the river dump or he'd surely turn them in.  He insisted Sami stay a boring suburban housewife in a sunny 2 br apt for 6 people and she some 'splaining to do for Ricky when she got caught doing anything wrong.  Yes, Rafe is pretty but maybe not aging well or unhappy for some reason. His face has grown to look rather grim lately even in some of the photos from the Emmys. 

I'm no Rafe fan, but even so I did a bit of wincing when dear ol' Joe Bernardi lifted his gown - since it obviously wasn't for a fluff and a comb out.

I'm lucky I set my drink down before reading that, where do you get this stuff!  LMFAO.

The Ballad of Tammy Flu looks like yet another dropped storyline  It's as if there was a major break in the writing at the time.  Jordan's friend Cheryl served no purpose other than Lucas telling Kate to lay off people and she was dropped. The pregnancy scare was dropped (does Jen-Jen even know about that?), the EJami wedding was supposed to be in May...  I agree that  the writers were hoping EJ would stay.

I think I thought Jordan's secret would involve something where it made sense that Jordan wasn't right for Rafe.

But so far all we've seen is a strange dad who might have done something bad to his kids. This, in isolation, does not make sense for Kate to go after Jordan or for Rafe to dump her,  but since Kate keeps insisting that this secret is going to ruin things between Rafe and Jordan, I figure there has to be something more? Like, maybe a secret kid somewhere ...or that Ben and Jordan aren't really siblings and are actually secret lovers toying with Rafe and Abigail? Anything? Anything that would make sense for Rafe to get mad enough to dump her for, because so far i don't see what would upset him. It's not Jordan's fault if her dad is a wacko of some kind. Why would Rafe blame or dump Jordan for that? Because Rafe loves saving women, wouldn't what we've learned so far make Jordan more desirable to Rafe?

Kate has no idea what Jordan's secret is, but she did kidnap Ollie and did steal money from Clyde.

(edited)

Just saw Monday's or Friday's preview and I'm starting to actively hate Eric. I find myself more forgiving than him on my bad days and I'm practically an atheist. Worst.priest.ever. Nicole did him and his fellow citizens a favour if you ask me because he fucking sucked at his "vocation". Horrible.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I just figure there will be a plausible explanation as to why Tammy Sue took the money and Ollie with her (especially since Ollie seems so grateful to Tammy Sue), and Rafe will most likely want to protect her. If anything, I think what Kate is doing will make Rafe more attracted to her. He likes women he can take care of.

I also think Rafe would bend the rules, if need be, for Tammy Sue.

He's just strict about the Dimeras, but with everyone else, especially the ones he's sleeping with, he's pretty slack.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I have never known anyone named either Jordan or Rafe. On GH we have a black woman in her mid 30s named Jordan, and a just-now-dead teenager named Rafe. Here Jordan is Chrishell Stause and Rafe is the guy from Passions. It can be confusing.

• Love 2

But so far all we've seen is a strange dad who might have done something bad to his kids. This, in isolation, does not make sense for Kate to go after Jordan or for Rafe to dump her,  but since Kate keeps insisting that this secret is going to ruin things between Rafe and Jordan, I figure there has to be something more?

I have not seen much of this storyline, but every time I catch a bit of strange dad and his kids I start getting the feeling that there is a Bille/Austin/Curtis Reed thing going on there and the show is putting that vibe in deliberately. More in that they are repeating themselves than honoring history.  Let's not give them too much credit.

It makes me think that is why Kate is involved.

• Love 2

I figure that Clyde was abusing Jordan and maybe Ben too.  She wanted out for both of them and was smart enough to take money to get a start.  She had to support them both and go to school.  Physical therapy requires a graduate degree.  I have no problem stealing from an abuser.  But if she hadn't taken the money, he might not have looked for them.  So she must have to fake not only ID but her credentials?

(edited)
And then, there's Kate getting revenge on Jordan for.... no reason whatsoever.  Kate is siccing a crazy abusive stepfather on 2 abuse victims... for revenge for the fact that Jordan and Ben did absolutely nothing to her?

Kate looks incredibly bad to me in this storyline.  All the people she's going after haven't done anything to her; much less anything to necessitate vengeance.  Sure you could argue Kate/Stefano history.  But, AFAIK, Stefano has done nothing bad to Kate in a long time.  Their breakup being the Kate cheating thing, and Stefano having been trying to get her back in the last few months.

I think LK and AS’s dynamics/chemistry together helps them pull off their Dimera revenge SL, although I agree that Kate cheated on Stefano, not the other way around like EJ to Sami so what she is getting revenge for is not clear. It’s more like she is just getting power, not revenge.   As for her ridiculous obsession with Jordan, it just seemed like something for Kate to do on screen for months before she became involved/revealed to be in cahoots with Sami.

What irritates me about Kate’s involvement with the Jordan/Ben storyline is that it’s hard to believe that savvy and perceptive Kate could sit in a diner with their abusive father/stepfather and not get any weird vibes off him. Kate, the woman that was once married to a crazy, abusive man herself!  How has Kate not put this all together (Jordan’s alias, her moving from town to town, etc) to figure out that are running from their abusive parent?  Her own children endured a similar torment!

Kate’s role in this Jordan/Ben/Clyde SL is a waste of LK’s talent. Much like Jen Lily’s strength as an actress is being wasted with her silly storylines too.  While I applaud her for getting John off my screen for the duration of his coma, the whole incident was non-sensical. Is Theresa just with Brady for sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll or does she actually have legit feelings for him? I can’t tell; one day she seems as if she genuinely wants him as a real boyfriend, the next she’s marrying him in Vegas for the annulment pay-off.  Does she not already know from her own half-sister what a legal mess annulment pay-offs in Salem can be twenty years down the road?  If she’s only after Brady for his money then wouldn’t it had been more profitable to stay married to him where she could milk his bank accounts, have a position of power in Salem society, and get free drugs all the time? After all, Brady doesn’t buy a girl flowers, he shows up at her door with a bottle of JD and a vile of coke, and that’s just what Theresa likes too.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
(edited)

I agree JL is being wasted in her SL just like it is stupid to put Kate and Sami in Rafe/Jordan’s SL when they are so much better interacting with each other.  I want an SL with Kate, Sami, Theresa, and Ciara.

If TIIC wanted JS to stay, they should have given him better SLs.  In the last year, EJ has become completely incompetent, stupid, and sleazy.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

See I think that Kate's anger stems from the fact that even though Stefano blackmailed her into marriage that she had come to a place to really love him and had come to peace with their history and she really felt like she had it all.  Yes, Kate did cheat with Ian but Stefano was the one who set it up in the first place.  Not absolving Kate but Stefano set up his marriage with Kate to implode and when it did he tried to play the victim and ruin her.  Then he gets over his anger, most likely at himself, and now will stop at nothing to get her back. 

I can see a character like Kate being able to forgive at the time considering her relationship with Stefano but now that things have changed, all bets are off.  Hell, Kate is plenty justified for the Cassie and Rex situation.  I think at the root of it Kate feels betrayed by Stefano overall.

I think it is somewhat similar to Sami's anger in that everything she and EJ have been through she finally thought that they had crossed a threshold into a new place and he goes and cheats on her so at this point all bets are off.

With that said I completely agree that they are wasting LK and Kate on this ridiculous Jordan storyline. 

• Love 2
(edited)

What a ho-hum boring Monday…Wait was this supposed to be a Friday episode????

Nicole to Eric: “I would do anything for you.”  Yeah, and against him too!

I lost track of how many times they showed the fire poker flashback. We get it—Theresa hit him.

Stalker, touchy-feely Eve and that horrible breathy music played EVERY time she’s on screen. Enough already with the music!   And is the Brady pub across the stress from the hospital? Wow she followed Daniel there fast. He must have just pulled off his lab coat and left the hospital w/out showering once again. ;-)

More Maxine and Saint Daniel propping.

Hope’s love sick puppy looks at Aiden. Nothing really happened between them. Imagine how tense she’ll be the morning after they have a one night hook-up.  Between that pathetic look and her cop voice… and gala flashbacks!  Ugg.

Theresa and Sami need to join together because they have the worst, most unsupportive families in town. Meanwhile, Jennifer excuses Abby for assaulting Eve because she was STRESSED! STFU Jennifer—your daughter is only stressed because she can’t get EJ’s third appendage anymore.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3

What a ho-hum boring Monday…

Nicole to Eric: “I would do anything for you.”  Yeah, and against him too!

I lost track of how many times they showed the fire poker flashback. We get it—Theresa hit him.

Stalker, touchy-feely Eve and that horrible breathy music played EVERY time she’s on screen. Enough already with the music!   And is the Brady pub across the stress from the hospital? Wow she followed Daniel there fast. He must have just pulled off his lab coat and left the hospital w/out showering once again. ;-)

More Maxine and Saint Daniel propping.

Hope’s love sick puppy looks at Aiden. Nothing really happened between them. Imagine how tense she’ll be the morning after they have a one night hook-up.  Between that pathetic look and her cop voice… and gala flashbacks!  Ugg.

Theresa and Sami need to join together because they have the worst, most unsupportive families in town. Meanwhile, Jennifer excuses Abby for assaulting Eve because she was STRESSED! STFU Jennifer—your daughter is only stressed because she can’t get EJ’s third appendage anymore.

That's not entirely true, she gets stressed when she can't have either DiMera appendage. Give her points for variety. 

• Love 1

My DVR didn't tape Friday's episode... which was Thursday's I guess. So I have yet to see any full on confrontation between That's Not George Hazard and Jammy Sue. I'm conflicted about it, to be honest... but probably not in the way the show would like me to be.

So I watched Princess Abigail decide that the best way to not feel shitty about herself was to go find someone 'lower' than her and make them feel shitty. Wow. She's so totally awesome and I hope she gets everything she wants in life.

The previous sentence was brought to you by sarcasm.

Seriously, Abby's an asshole. It's weird enough that the entire town would prefer that EJ have forced himself on her than acknowledge that she has shitty taste in men and also has a fetish for men already in relationships... but the fact that this alleged 'heroine' of the show goes out specifically looking for someone to unload on simply because she made some really bad decisions herself and has been exposed for it puts her fully on my 'I loathe her' list.

Eve is no saint. I get that. I get that hardcore because the show has made no bones about the fact that she is the Anti-Christ and everything she does is vile and horrible. I see that Eve is manipulative but so what? So is everyone else in this town. Queen Jennifer is as manipulative as Eve is when it gets right down to it so I really can't be bothered to care. I don't even give a shit that Eve over-stepped regarding how Jack would feel about Abby. By that time, Abby had gone specifically looking for this woman to verbally abuse her and humiliate her out in the middle of the square because of Abby's own personal shit. I guess she thought that Eve would just have to stand there and be chastised and brow-beaten because she's Eve Donovan and, therefore, the lowest of the low as she, the majestic Abigail Devereaux lambastes her with all of her faults because that's what she deserves.

JJ explaining how Jack died was actually a good means of getting through to Eve (although Abby and her shocked expression of 'I don't know what I'm doing! What did I just do?' Oh, go fuck yourself, princess. I have had it with you. OFFICIALLY.) but I really could have done without his Hortons Are Awesome speech. Yeah, I get it writers... you've made it abundantly clear who I'm supposed to root for and who I'm not. Guess what? I loathe that kind of manipulative, lead-them-by-the-nose crap. It has the opposite effect on me. I don't like being TOLD who to root for or who to like... I like to make up my own mind.

Eve's not going about any of this particularly well but, at this point, she's still not doing anything outright evil and Jennifer, despite her saintly attempt to 'give Eve what she wants' is really more about looking better than anything else. And also, she's so clearly horrified at the mere concept of Eve possibly being right about the movie deal that she won't even consider it.

I think it's being telegraphed clearly... Eve's not going to get anything because I don't see them sending Paige off to Stanford when they have this whole Romeo/Juliet bullshit storyline to milk. So Eve's going to lose out because she's 'greedy' and her daughter will miss out on this glorious educational opportunity because her mother sucks (according to the show) but it's also kind of okay because she'll be able to be with JJ and somehow that will be fine. Or something. And then everyone will gather in the town square to stone Eve for being such a greedy, scarlet woman blah blah. 

It's too bad because, frankly, I don't consider Eve to be doing anything particularly evil and she's being pretty damn up front about what she wants out of all of this as well as pointing out that it will help the vets as well. But God forbid more money be had for this AMAZING book that Jack wrote.

I really just can't with the Horton-Devereaux's in all of this. I find them to be utterly grating and holier-than-thou snots. JJ's still the only one I like out of that clan and that is on shaky ground when he's with the distaff side of the family because they are horrible.

Oh, here's a scene that I totally and absolutely LOVED and I want more of them because they are awesome: Marlena and Daniel. It was sheer, unadulterated BRILLIANCE. You've got Daniel: The Man Who Feels Too Much and Marlena: I Gave Up My Emotions Years Ago in some sort of bizarre cage match of Daniel trying to bizarrely empathize with a woman who has no use for feelings. Even her face where she was clearly attempting to mimic human emotions at him because it was clearly what he was expecting from her and she was fascinated by how much he really wanted her to feel and be given the opportunity to feel for her.

Best thing ever.

• Love 6

I have a lot of catching up to do, but just had to say that Lucas, Will, Adrienne, and Adrienne's stupid haircut can FOAD.  I get a family being supportive, but all this Abby propping is sickening.  I'm very thankful that Adrienne is not on very much.  She's a horror.

And Will has been turned it to such a bland kiss-ass.  Not that he was that much more interesting when CM played the part, but there was a spark there.  Now he's just sullen and dull.  What is it that Sonny is supposed to see in Will? 

• Love 3

That's not entirely true, she gets stressed when she can't have either DiMera appendage. Give her points for variety. 

Maybe Stef will give her a ride next--now there's some variety. LOL  Of course, I'm pretty sure he expects all women he sleeps with to carry his demon spawn. 

And Will has been turned it to such a bland kiss-ass.

I always thought I didn't like CM as Will, now I realize that I just hate Will no matter who plays him.  He's a spineless twerp.  Like he has any room to judge anyone for anything.

I have a real problem that NOBODY in this whole stupid town is saying WTF, Abby? You cheated with an engaged mobster! And that they are pissed off with Sami for being upset!  I've never been a Sami fan, but I hope she ruins everyone in town.  I hate them all for being so wrong about everything.

• Love 3
(edited)

I always thought I didn't like CM as Will, now I realize that I just hate Will no matter who plays him.  He's a spineless twerp.  Like he has any room to judge anyone for anything.

I have a real problem that NOBODY in this whole stupid town is saying WTF, Abby? You cheated with an engaged mobster! And that they are pissed off with Sami for being upset!  I've never been a Sami fan, but I hope she ruins everyone in town.  I hate them all for being so wrong about everything.

I quite like Sami when she's all 'wrath of god' and it's directed at a man. Her and Kate are very Old Testament, I'm surprised D'Hoffryn hasn't popped up and offered them both jobs by now. I mean truly, the resume speaks for itself. Also I just caught their Martini day last night and frankly I could watch it for days. (no pun intended, seriously) I've been wanting them to team up since they first started warring. Stefano and EJ and so.very.screwed. Why on earth would they attempt to cheat the two most evil, unscrupulous, demented, ingenious women of Salem? And at the same time? Just.stop. 

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 6

I don't even give a shit that Eve over-stepped regarding how Jack would feel about Abby.

Eve was right about Jack. Jack may not have said it to Abby's face, but any decent parent would be horrified and embarrassed if their daughter behaved like Abby.

And Will has been turned it to such a bland kiss-ass.  Not that he was that much more interesting when CM played the part, but there was a spark there.  Now he's just sullen and dull.  What is it that Sonny is supposed to see in Will?

I'm starting to think that if/when Will and Sonny get written out Sonny needs to leave town with Ari for greener pastures and Will can go...somewhere. What a disappointment.

Nicole needs to go on vacation to Iraq.

Someone stab Jen in the face.

• Love 1
(edited)

My DVR didn't tape Friday's episode... which was Thursday's I guess. So I have yet to see any full on confrontation between That's Not George Hazard and Jammy Sue. I'm conflicted about it, to be honest... but probably not in the way the show would like me to be.

So I watched Princess Abigail decide that the best way to not feel shitty about herself was to go find someone 'lower' than her and make them feel shitty. Wow. She's so totally awesome and I hope she gets everything she wants in life.

The previous sentence was brought to you by sarcasm.

Seriously, Abby's an asshole. It's weird enough that the entire town would prefer that EJ have forced himself on her than acknowledge that she has shitty taste in men and also has a fetish for men already in relationships... but the fact that this alleged 'heroine' of the show goes out specifically looking for someone to unload on simply because she made some really bad decisions herself and has been exposed for it puts her fully on my 'I loathe her' list.

Eve is no saint. I get that. I get that hardcore because the show has made no bones about the fact that she is the Anti-Christ and everything she does is vile and horrible. I see that Eve is manipulative but so what? So is everyone else in this town. Queen Jennifer is as manipulative as Eve is when it gets right down to it so I really can't be bothered to care. I don't even give a shit that Eve over-stepped regarding how Jack would feel about Abby. By that time, Abby had gone specifically looking for this woman to verbally abuse her and humiliate her out in the middle of the square because of Abby's own personal shit. I guess she thought that Eve would just have to stand there and be chastised and brow-beaten because she's Eve Donovan and, therefore, the lowest of the low as she, the majestic Abigail Devereaux lambastes her with all of her faults because that's what she deserves.

JJ explaining how Jack died was actually a good means of getting through to Eve (although Abby and her shocked expression of 'I don't know what I'm doing! What did I just do?' Oh, go fuck yourself, princess. I have had it with you. OFFICIALLY.) but I really could have done without his Hortons Are Awesome speech. Yeah, I get it writers... you've made it abundantly clear who I'm supposed to root for and who I'm not. Guess what? I loathe that kind of manipulative, lead-them-by-the-nose crap. It has the opposite effect on me. I don't like being TOLD who to root for or who to like... I like to make up my own mind.

Eve's not going about any of this particularly well but, at this point, she's still not doing anything outright evil and Jennifer, despite her saintly attempt to 'give Eve what she wants' is really more about looking better than anything else. And also, she's so clearly horrified at the mere concept of Eve possibly being right about the movie deal that she won't even consider it.

I think it's being telegraphed clearly... Eve's not going to get anything because I don't see them sending Paige off to Stanford when they have this whole Romeo/Juliet bullshit storyline to milk. So Eve's going to lose out because she's 'greedy' and her daughter will miss out on this glorious educational opportunity because her mother sucks (according to the show) but it's also kind of okay because she'll be able to be with JJ and somehow that will be fine. Or something. And then everyone will gather in the town square to stone Eve for being such a greedy, scarlet woman blah blah. 

It's too bad because, frankly, I don't consider Eve to be doing anything particularly evil and she's being pretty damn up front about what she wants out of all of this as well as pointing out that it will help the vets as well. But God forbid more money be had for this AMAZING book that Jack wrote.

I really just can't with the Horton-Devereaux's in all of this. I find them to be utterly grating and holier-than-thou snots. JJ's still the only one I like out of that clan and that is on shaky ground when he's with the distaff side of the family because they are horrible.

Oh, here's a scene that I totally and absolutely LOVED and I want more of them because they are awesome: Marlena and Daniel. It was sheer, unadulterated BRILLIANCE. You've got Daniel: The Man Who Feels Too Much and Marlena: I Gave Up My Emotions Years Ago in some sort of bizarre cage match of Daniel trying to bizarrely empathize with a woman who has no use for feelings. Even her face where she was clearly attempting to mimic human emotions at him because it was clearly what he was expecting from her and she was fascinated by how much he really wanted her to feel and be given the opportunity to feel for her.

Best thing ever.

Magnificent post.  All of it.  I would have picked out the best bits but ALL OF IT is the best.  Every.single.bit.

Abby IS an asshole.  And so is Jenn.  And so, maybe, is Eve.  But the difference is, Eve is still able to see things, and probably herself, as they really are.  Jenn and Abigail and the rest of those Hootin' Horton Hoohahs can't see anything with their heads planted so firmly up their own behinds.  And for some reason it's a view they seem to like.

Now if only Abigail, running away from one of her rants would just slip and fall into a woodchipper.  Then each Horton could use the mulch to make their garden grow.

And Will......I was heartily sick of Chandler Massey and that extremely odd grin he had on his face all of the time, and thought that the new guy might be alright in the role.  He's not.  RECAST, and fast.  Sonny deserves MUCH better.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

I quite like Sami when she's all 'wrath of god' and it's directed at a man.

Yes, this is the best she's ever been for me.  I love Sami and Kate together and I would watch a whole show of just them and Victor scheming and plotting and making fools out of everyone in Salem.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh Jen and Abby are terrible, there's almost no denying that it seems. Abby could sleep with the whole Dimera family then turn around and slutshame Nicole. They're just terrible people, terrible. I would venture to say even worse than Sami and Kate. At least Sami and Kate know they're assholes, well Kate does, Sami was displaying Abigalian behaviour throughout her entire bullshit relationship with Rafe. Yuck. At the end of the day though a spade is a spade, Sami's actions are more often than not deplorable and there aren't a lot of people who can argue that, same with Nicole and if you say to them both "Hey, you might just be Satanic" they're not gonna put up a compelling argument.

The Horton, Brady glittery hoo-ha makes me stabby, especially where Jennifer is concerned, there ain't nothing special about that little twat and I'm tired of everyone acting like it. If you scream "You love Smarties" at me twenty times a day it's not going to change the fact that I'm allergic to them. The writers need to stop fronting and be straight up about the little bitches the Devereauxs have become, they used to be sweet, now they're bitches. It's fine, whatever, just don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 6

Sami was displaying Abigalian behaviour

Slayer, I bow down before you for creating and naming an entirely NEW category of repulsive behavior!  From here on out, thanks to you, we now have a phrase to accurately and precisely describe inarticulate, narcissistic, hypocritcal, head-up-ass, runs-at-mouth behavior.

Thank you!

• Love 8

When is Jenn gonna get her ass slapped? Putting her hands on people and telling Aidan she's ready for fight. Since she's ready, how about somebody kicks her ass. I'm glad her mouth was hanging open at the end when she seen Eve and Dan together, hope a fly flies in there.

YES!!! Nicole you are worthless but Eric is just as dumb.

Theresa is just hopeless. Writers aren't going to progress her one tiny bit.

Now we're gonna have flashes of that stupid dance between Hope and Aidan. Yikes.

Speaking of Yikes. Maxine STFU. Your ass is lonely too, she needs to get laid and quit being such a Daniel propper. How far is her tongue up Daniel's ass? I'm pretty sure it's so far up there she can lick his heart.

• Love 3

Slayer, I bow down before you for creating and naming an entirely NEW category of repulsive behavior!  From here on out, thanks to you, we now have a phrase to accurately and precisely describe inarticulate, narcissistic, hypocritcal, head-up-ass, runs-at-mouth behavior.

Thank you!

It was my horrified pleasure boes. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

We should have  a crossover for a few weeks, give Sonny Corinthos a chance to "woo" (read gun down in a hail of bullets) the Devereauxs. All Sonny's wimmin get shot, it's in the contract,some even die. He could surely send some bullets of love Jen's way. We'd have to tie their tubes though, or they'd be Devereaux/Corinthos spawn everywhere.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2
Her and Kate are very Old Testament, I'm surprised D'Hoffryn hasn't popped up and offered them both jobs by now. I mean truly, the resume speaks for itself.

D'Hoffryn!! Perfect! If I can't have Sami's exit be her and Kate going off to some lovely Tahitian beach to bask in the sun and clink martini glasses, then I want it to be by D'Hoffryn showing up and offering Sami a job. That'd be a glorious exit. And hey, possession by the devil is a canon storyline for this soap, so there's no reason why we can't have a BtVS crossover.

• Love 2
(edited)

So I watched Princess Abigail decide that the best way to not feel shitty about herself was to go find someone 'lower' than her and make them feel shitty. Wow. ...

Oh Jen and Abby are terrible, there's almost no denying that it seems. Abby could sleep with the whole Dimera family then turn around and slutshame Nicole. They're just terrible people, terrible....

The Horton, Brady glittery hoo-ha makes me stabby, especially where Jennifer is concerned, there ain't nothing special about that little twat and I'm tired of everyone acting like it. If you scream "You love Smarties" at me twenty times a day it's not going to change the fact that I'm allergic to them. The writers need to stop fronting and be straight up about the little bitches the Devereauxs have become, they used to be sweet, now they're bitches. It's fine, whatever, just don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining.

When is Jenn gonna get her ass slapped? Putting her hands on people and telling Aidan she's ready for fight. Since she's ready, how about somebody kicks her ass. I'm glad her mouth was hanging open at the end when she seen Eve and Dan together, hope a fly flies in there.

Everything written above is poetry to me, pure poetry.  I'm finding it harder and harder to actually SEE Jenn and Abigail on screen anymore.  They keep morphing into Elvira Gulch from The Wizard of Oz, riding her bicycle to the Gale farm to take away Toto.  I fully expect to see both of them pedaling away furiously, iron jaws set, beady-eyed inside a tornado.

Now if ONLY someone would drop a house on them ASAP.

So Eve had was thrown out of TWO places today, and had the door slammed in her face TWICE - so I guess we're supposed to think she's the baddest of the bad, right?  I guess we're supposed to think she's an intrusive witch, pouncing on someone who doesn't deserve it.  But wait....that's what Abigail DID TO HER in the town square.  Marched up to her in full Holy Horton Fury, proceeded to badmouth and insult her, and then slap her when the woman she had attacked UNPROVOKED had the audacity to tell her that her father would be embarrassed by her behavior.  Which he would have.  

And now we have Jenn in full righteousness mode, telling Aiden she's going to FIGHT! because some people just won't do the right thing.  After all, she offered Eve something and Eve not only didn't think it was right she didn't even THANK HER.  And Jenn always needs to be told how wonderful she is, no matter how much her behavior contradicts it.

Now that face she made when she saw Dr. Dirt with Eve....where have we seen that before?  Oh yeah, same face she made when she thought Dan was going out with Theresa after she had dumped him, because it would be a betrayal of her by him dating her.  I guess she'll be using the same words one more time.  I have no use for Dan, but if this doesn't wise him up then he deserves what - and who - he gets. (Actually, he always did deserve to be with Jenn).

I know Eve will eventually lose because Jenn can't be allowed to, but I'm going to enjoy watching that raccoon-eyed twit blow her top every chance they give us.  I'm also going to enjoy watching what Abigail ends up looking like - with her head stuck so far up her own ass I expect she'll start walking into walls soon.  But at least it will muffle her big mouth - and I can't wait to see what she wears with her body in that position....

Oh, yeah, Brady.....man is so dumb - body by Fisher, brains by Mattel.  And while we get to enjoy that blessed silence of not having to hear Jawn, I'm hoping they can treat him for his irritable bowel syndrome.  Could make a new man of him.  OH PLEASE, make a new man out of him - harvest the parts....

How are they going to get Theresa out of this one??

Edited by boes
  • Love 2
(edited)

but I'm going to enjoy watching that raccoon-eyed twit blow her top every chance they give us

Maybe we should nickname Jen after that loudmouthed, gun-slinging raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy. What's his name? It does seem rather fitting and Abigail the tree is her constant companion. That would explain why she's dumb as a post.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Maybe we should nickname Jen after that loudmouthed, gun-slinging raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy. What's his name?

It's Rocket and DON'T YOU DARE!! Rocket Raccoon is made of unabashed awesome and his best friend is a sentient tree. And Abigail isn't worthy to be in the same galaxy as Groot. Rocket and Groot at least know that they're thugs and operate on the fringes of society. Jen and Abigail think that they ARE society.

• Love 2

I think that maybe Abigail inherited her mental health issues from her mother.  Jen is in PR, so she should have some skills in communication, dealing with confrontation/difficult situations, and persuading/manipulating people to get what you want.  Instead, Jen just stomps and flails about telling everyone, especially Eve, to "get out of my house".  I think Jen is saying that on a daily basis now.

(edited)

Well Jack was always pretty whacked too.  Jenn only got the PR job because she and Jack used to be investigative reporters so she supposedly had media ties she hadn't used in 20 years.  Nice to get a six figure job any time you choose.

Scaby with mental health issues would really be an interesting SL.

Edited by QuelleC
(edited)

Both Jen and Abigail act strangely at times, but I think MR, even with her frowny face, plays her role better than KM plays Abigail.

While Jennifer can be annoying and a bit unaware, I've never really thought of her as a bad person. Prone to certain flaws and weaknesses, but not really bad.

Something, about Abigail always seems kind of sneaky, shady, and under-handed to me, even if all she's done so far in her young life is go after two attached men (however, she's only 23 or so, so who knows what she'll be like at 40).  I don't know if she's supposed to come across that way, but that's the way acting always seems to come across -- sort of cheap  (like when she was telling EJ she wouldn't go to Hope about Nick) or  sneaky (like whenever she holds ANY conversation with EJ). Even when she seems completely unaware that the engaged part is just as bad or maybe more bad than the Dimera part of the equation, she seems shady to me. Maybe that`s why she bugs so much. I can buy Jennifer as fairly decent, if a bit misguided in what she thinks she`s fighting for, but I can`t buy Abigail as the same.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

But Will writing about his mother and EEJ? Not believable he would be hired for that at all.  Plus the bad performance of nuWill.  This actor destroyed the role on every level.  As with KM and other bad actors, I really think the writers write to lack of strength. 

And it doesn't say much for Will's vaunted writing ability if the job is head muckraker insider for a scandal blog. There is a certain irony in that Will seems to be written mostly as a reactive character, and Guy Wilson has very little in the way of reaction in any given scene. The writers clearly don't know what to do with him

Will:  I get that Will is concerned about Abby getting hurt by Sami because when she gets started, there is no stopping her.  I feel like Will is perhaps coming from a place of viewing Abby and Sami as unequally matched opponents, which is something that people have mentioned on here before. 

One thing I did like is that Will was mainly concerned for the little kids.  Nobody else really seemed to mention them, which is convenient for Abigail I suppose.  I also got the vibe that Will was concerned that Sami would be hurting herself through her quest for revenge ...

Abby and Sami are unequally matched, and I think some of Will's "reaction" (for lack of a better word) to this situation is based on his lived history with his mother (when the writers can be bothered to remember it). But Wilson's lack of emotional connection to the other actors isn't selling it.

If Adrienne's only role in the show is to show up and sling blame and judgment around, they need to write her out completely. The show already has the Hortons' Greek Chorus of Sanctimony.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Both Jen and Abigail act strangely at times, but I think MR, even with her frowny face, plays her role better than KM plays Abigail.

I think Jen is absolute garbage but at least I understand what she is thinking and why she acts the way she does, even if I don't like it. MR is able to convey proper facial expressions that suit her character and when she shows an emotion I'm able to believe that's really how Jen feels. Jen is a sad miserable person and MR plays her that way. Compare that to KM, who seems to be completely out of touch with her character. 

• Love 3

Why was Jennifer looking through what looked like patient files at the hospital yesterday? (she was talking to a nurse) Does she work there? I don't recall her having a medical background.

• Love 1
(edited)

The portrait of Kate and Sami was everything. I hope it stays up after Sami leaves. 

Sami trying to comfort Marlena was sweet, even though that cyborg doesn't deserve it. 

STFU Jen you swine flu infected pig. You rabid dog. You dirty raccoon. It would be hilarious if Dan got a restraining order against her. 

The Horton's got to Caroline too smh. Disgusting. 

No one wants you at the hospital Nicole, go away. 

Why was Jennifer looking through what looked like patient files at the hospital yesterday? (she was talking to a nurse) Does she work there? I don't recall her having a medical background.

Jen "works" at the hospital as a PR person. She's always too busy acting like a childish freak to do any work though. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I really feel queasy when EJ is groveling before Sami.  What happened to the evil mastermind?  As much as I like Sami, I don't want to see EJ turned into a puddle.  Or poodle.

God, I love Sami when she's leading EJ on like that, though.

• Love 1

Was there an episode I missed where EJ had a bail hearing?

I was surprised to see him back at the mansion so quickly. I guess it doesn't matter if Sami spoke to the kids, because it looks like he was in jail for only 2 days.

Huh -- Jen sounded like a nutcase today. The way she was acting around Eve made Sami look perfectly normal around Abigail...

Sami looked pretty today.

• Love 4