Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Then when EJ tried to blackmail Sami by threatening to send her son to prison, she'd just shrug and say "Go ahead." It'd serve Will right. 

I'd be down with that! That would be a hilarious scene,

Yes, kudos to Sami for being smart enough the destroy the evidence against her, though I'm not really bothered that EJ had it in the first place. He is part of a mob family and it would be out of character for him not to keep that stuff. They've dumbed him down too much already with all the Abby ass-kisisng he's done. If EJ was in true Dimera form, he would have taken care of Abigail in a much different way and Sami wouldn't be on the war path right now.  

• Love 2
On a related note, I really need a GIF of Sami slapping Will over and over, because that was awesome.

See, that's the kind of flashback I would like to see again and again - not that stupid Princess Hope and His Royal Highness Prince Aidan dancing at the Cinderella Ball flashback.  Just a quick flashback to Sami's slap and then a cut to present day Will collapsing in tears. Or nursing a black eye. Or packing his bags to move away.  Any of those would be good for me.

• Love 6
Kate and Sami are better crime lords than EJ, Stefano, and Kristen.  The Dimera street cred has taken a nosedive.

Maybe that's why EJ and Stefano have been so interested on getting Kate and Sami to marry back in?

They did the one thing with Nicole they really couldn't afford to do with AS/Sami leaving - wrote her into a corner. Nicole has no family in town, unlike Sami or Theresa, and that means the writers should have been more careful with what they had the character do. Bad girls are a soap staple, but it's easier to keep them viable if they have relatives on the canvas.

• Love 2

Ok Friday's episode was not that bad.  Honest to god the way people rip them apart here I spend days not wanting to watch them.  Then they're not that damned bad.  Lots of people talking to people on Friday.

I recently started watching again after hearing good things about Kami and agree.  I've been soapless for most of the last year, thanks to the horrible mess at both Y&R and GH.  DAYS seems like Shakespeare in comparison. 

That said, I don't like the new Will.  What does Sonny see in him anyway? 

• Love 3

I have laugh at how sneeringingly Victor says the word "whore" and how he directed it at both Theresa and Eve, making sure to point out to Theresa that she was just like her mom.  But does anyone ever point out to Victor that he was the sad and desperate man who actually paid Kim to have sex with him?  I think being the "john" is just as gross as actually becoming a prostitute.  And I also find it problematic that Victor would throw Eve'd teen prostitution back in her face like it was some sort of joke.

JL's Theresa was excellent today--I liked how we can see the actual guilt and worry on her face, which is an appropriate emotion for her very wrong actions.  I hope the show does more with this very gifted actress.

• Love 2
(edited)

Kristen's back for real -- so I'm done here. Thanks for all the laughs, ladies and gentlemen; you all made it fun. But I'm out.

Edited by Sandman

Kirsten's back for real -- so I'm done here. Thanks for all the laughs, ladies and gentlemen; you all made it fun. But I'm out.

She's only back for like 3 months. But I know how you feel. I'll be the same way if Melanie comes back.

Kristen's just the psycho straw that broke the back of my particular camel; I've just been realizing I've reached the point of the Deadliest Eight Words in fiction: I don't care what happens to these people.

• Love 2
(edited)

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight.
Schlemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.
We're gonna do it!

Wow!!  I see Brother Squiggy is back in town to counsel Eric.  So does this make Theresa and Eve, Laverne and Shirley?  I can certainly see Brady as Lenny.....I think Eric should liven up his scenes by doing them all in nothing but a speedo.  He sure as hell needs SOMETHING to make that character less of a sleep aid.  Just imagine that scene in the hospital, at Jawn's bedside, exact same scene, Roman with his bad toupee, Marlena with her plaster of paris face, and Eric doing the blessing in a speedo...  See, it's already better!

Anyway, if any of you found pork in the treetops, that's because today's episode was a "when pigs fly" scene for me.  I actually - only momentarily, now - sorta liked Jenn.  I know, I know, I've checked my temp - and it didn't last long and I'm SURE it won't happen again - but when Jenn was talking to JJ about how when he was upset Jack and he would wash the car, etc., I actually LIKED her.  If she really was like this, and not the hypocritical harridan she is most of the time, I wouldn't necessarily want to see her covered in motor oil and staked over a fire ant hill.  But, it didn't last for long.  Then Victor came over and rammed a stake in my heart with his JENN GOOD EVE BAD crap, which, of course, Jenn ate up.

Oh well, Victor is allowed.  I don't mind him hating Eve, but I can't see why he likes Jenn - unless it's the Maggie sex talking...and talking....and talking......

I do like JJ.  That actor is getting better and better.  Much to my surprise, I'm interested in a young couple for the first time in about a hundred years.  I know horrendous things must happen but I hope they don't go anyplace too grim.

Jen Lilley really is good.  She's managed to make a pretty repellant character someone I want to see.  I'd like to see her with someone other than that lunkhead Brady, but the pickins' are slim in Salem right now.  I think her most interesting partnership might very well end up being the one she has with Eve.

And maybe it's time to bring the Schotz Brewery to town, if they insist on keeping Brother Squiggy around.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

boes--you really should write a daily recap; your posts are hilarious!

Yes, you know the casting director is just calling it in along with Corday and a third of the actors when they cast that greasy guy as a monk in the church. I can't concentrate on anything he says to Eric because I just keep thinking he's a former mob thug in the witness protection program, not really any kind of superior to Eric. And Eric is so dense it's not like he wouldn't be easily fooled.

JL's talent is so wasted much of the time. I'm starting to think it would have been far more interesting for EJ to have an affair with Theresa instead of Abby. At least it would have been a formidable opponent for Sami and created some interesting dynamics. And then they could have just backburned Abby. 

Victor smoking the Horton Worship Weed today was so disappointing. 

• Love 4

Today was rather lackluster, I guess today's episode was really Friday's episode and I really don't want to see whack job Kristen. I don't understand how kidnapping Dan the 2nd Coming is going to get Brady back for her. It would probably be more fun to watch Kristen vs Theresa than having to possibly hear Maggie, Eve, & Jenn shriek and screech over Dan being missing.

• Love 1
(edited)
JL's talent is so wasted much of the time. I'm starting to think it would have been far more interesting for EJ to have an affair with Theresa instead of Abby. At least it would have been a formidable opponent for Sami and created some interesting dynamics.

I like JL, and while I’m probably not supposed to, I like Theresa.  The boring twit made the SL worse, but since they have already done the triangle and quadrangle SLs with EJ/Sami, it just seems like a waste of time especially since they knew both AS and JS were leaving.  The best pairing to come out of this has been Kate/Sami.

I want Kristen dead.  None of the Dimeras are entertaining anymore.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1
(edited)

JL's talent is so wasted much of the time. I'm starting to think it would have been far more interesting for EJ to have an affair with Theresa instead of Abby. At least it would have been a formidable opponent for Sami and created some interesting dynamics.

The reveal scenes would have been so much better if JL were there. Then we wouldn't have been treated to the amazing scenes of Gagby sitting there like a block of wood. I wonder if Sami would still be seen as evil, disgusting, life destroying and hateful if she were going after someone who isn't an innocent, worldly, beautiful, helpless, sweet, noble good girl like Gagby. I bet the good citizens of Salem would be cheering her on if she were trying to ruin Theresa.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

I think only Caroline would try to talk Sami out of ruining Theresa. Ironic since she's one of the few who didn't express any real issues with Sami going after Abby, although admittedly almost all their dialogue last week focused on EJ.

But certainly Jen Lilley would not have needed a veteran actress to take almost all of the material that should have gone to her. once Sami finally confronted her character. I still don't know how KM hasn't quit the show in embarrassment. The climactic episode of her months-long SL, and the writers give virtually everything to MR. I've frankly never seen anything like it on soaps, ever.

• Love 5
(edited)

The reveal scenes would have been so much better if JL were there. Then we wouldn't have been treated to the amazing scenes of Gagby sitting there like a block of wood. I wonder if Sami would still be seen as evil, disgusting, life destroying and hateful if she were going after someone who isn't an innocent, worldly, beautiful, helpless, sweet, noble good girl like Gagby. I bet the good citizens of Salem would be cheering her on if she were trying to ruin Theresa.

The people of Salem would most definitely side with Sami. The viewers, at least the ones who don't like Sami? I'm not so sure. I know I'd still be put off by the way Sami is involving other people in the fallout. Plus, I like Theresa, and I'd be totally rooting for her over Sami in any situation. It'd be a great karmic smackdown for Sami after all the Austin-chasing, Carrie-hating stuff back in the day. I don't even like Carrie, I just hate Sami that much now.

Edited by shesajar

I love the Eve/Theresa scenes because the characters look and act like genuine siblings who have interacted for years, like they have a long history together.  And seriously Eve's going to the cops with a suspicion won't bring Theresa's world down so I'm not too sure how this constitutes as blackmail?

I love that Kayla's first reaction to finding out about the EJabby affair is to look affronted that Sami went and showed Jennifer the proof of it--is it written in the Salem bylaws that everyone has to protect Jennifer at all costs?  Where is her worry and compassion for the niece that she is related to by blood?  You know, Sami?

Maybe it's just me, but Abby is looking less attractive by the day especially with Theresa and Sami both looking lovely with their curled hair and lovely summer dresses.  Heck, I'm even getting impressed by Brady's sober angst about his dad's health.  What a shock!

• Love 5

I grow to loathe Gagby more and more every time I see her.

It's so lame that the writers made one half of their first gay couple so worthless. They should have put Sonny and Chad together. When will Sonny realize he can do better and dump bitch ass Will.

What was with EJ and Gagby staring at each other at the town square?

• Love 5

I have to say I thought Kayla was kind of ridiculous, being worried about poor Jen.  She should have been outraged by Abby's behaviour and she should have realized that Abby had violated her employee code of conduct.  I think people hate Sami so much that they don't see when her response is actually reasonable.  If we were watching a primetime show like Dallas, this would be what Sue-Ellen would have done.  If you have money and power, you use it.

Kayla and everyone else should be figuring out how to mitigate any damage that will befall the hospital when this story comes out.  Jen should put her PR hat on and work on a strategy.  Instead they are running around saying "poor Abigail", she didn't know what she was doing when she accidentally fell on EJ's evil dick.

For my part, I really liked Sami today and how well she played her hand.  Unfortunately it looks like idiot Will is going to mess things up for her.

I thought it was kind of funny that Eve had to blackmail her sister to donate blood for her.

• Love 6

Will writing that story may hurt Sami, but I believe it will backfire on Will to.

I liked the way Sami handled Anne and Kayla.

EJ just gets dumber and dumber.  "I made one mistake, why should that change everything?"  Because you brain dead moron that has a tendency to happen when you cheat, and your mistake was just another in a very long line of mistakes.

It's to bad the writers didn't figure out a way to have Theresa interacting with Sami more.  Then maybe there would have been some Sami/Theresa/Eve/Kate scenes.

• Love 3

Can someone explain to me why Kayla is not on more?  I love her and every time she's on, I realize how much she could bring to the show.  That said, I love how even Kayla with her kind nature, could not express any sympathy for Sami.  Is it so hard for someone to say to Sami - "OMG, girl, how terrible!  How are you doing?!" I agree that Sami is going way overboard with this - and LOL at Sami's professional CEO act - but it would be nice if someone could just say some kind things to Sami and maybe she would reel it in.  I'd be pretty pissed off too if no one acted like they gave a damn about my feelings.

It doesn't help that I hate Abby and her guppy face.  I think I would side more with Sami's "victim" if it was someone else.  I just hate Abigail beyond all reason.

Best scenes were with Theresa and Eve.  Two great pros just having a good time with the dialogue and innuendo.  More please!

• Love 4
(edited)

I've never seen this much handwringing...hell, I don't think I've ever seen handwringing, period, by anyone other than the cheaters themselves over an affair being exposed on a soap. It's just really bizarre to me that most everyone is far more concerned that Sami's told people about Abby and EJ cheating than about anything else. Sami didn't even do it in the spectacularly public fashion most of us had been expecting! She went to confront Abby privately, and Jen walked in, so that's how she found out. Then Sami told her son and son-in-law, and Ben. I'm not saying she had nice motives or that she didn't enjoy freaking Jen out and trying to throw a wrench into Abby and Ben's whatever, but all this handwringing and pearl-clutching over a few private conversations when I'd been expecting a slideshow at the wedding or a video being played at the gala or photos splashed all over the tabloids!

And what difference has it even made, since Abby's gotten nothing but support and love and understanding from everyone? So why get upset that Sami told people about the affair? Abby's somehow managed to get through it with her (undeserved) reputation for piety and goodness intact.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 8

And what difference has it even made, since Abby's gotten nothing but support and love and understanding from everyone? So why get upset that Sami told people about the affair? Abby's somehow managed to get through it with her (undeserved) reputation for piety and goodness intact.

When Sami leaves everyone in town will just pretend like this never happened  When Gagby goes after her next unavailable man it might get mentioned for five seconds and then will be forgotten again.

• Love 3

When Sami leaves everyone in town will just pretend like this never happened  When Gagby goes after her next unavailable man it might get mentioned for five seconds and then will be forgotten again.

The way things are going, it won't even be mentioned then.  Everyone will still be shocked that dear, sweet Abigail was forced to repeatedly jump on yet another taken man's dick.

• Love 7

I'm glad Sonny isn't putting sole blame on EJ. I wish Sami, Sonny, & Kate can all team up but Sonny would have to get rid of his worthless husband Will. Will is a sorry ass sack of shit of a son, showing not one ounce of sympathy for his own mother.

I love how writers are trying to make AbiSkank be the best, upstanding mistress in soap history. Trying to rewrite her walking up to EJ and wanting to be the mistress and what's with people in that town? Is it impossible to believe that she would sleep around when she's done it before. Kayla major points lost on you for worrying about Jenn. Who the fuck cares about Jenn and her feelings?? Sorry Kayla, Sami spelled it out in black and white, hospital policy so deal with it Kayla and fire the skank. Sick of all the Abby is “good” talk when clearly she isn't.

I can't stand Mar, she's always looking at people with that judgmental look. Brady why are we thanking Mar for letting you see your own father. If you want to see Yawn see him, don't need that bitch's permission.

Are they trying to make Eve become a 2.0 of Sami since AS is leaving the show. It's not working right now because Eve is just too over the top. JL can easily fill that spot if writers actually write her and give her a variety of storylines to work with besides the same thing over and over.

Don't care about the Dan/Kristen scenes. I barely paid attention to them.

• Love 5

Now they are making Kayla who is an incredibly level headed woman side with Abby?  I guessing Kayla may not be aware but the fact is Abby has gone after the husbands of two of Kayla's nieces, Carrie and Sami.  Kayla and Sami may not be incredibly close but there is no reason why she can't feel sympathy for her own blood related niece. 

I can actually even understand the sympathy for Abby in an abstract way of "I've known Abby to be a good person her entire life, what could of went wrong" concept, but the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.  You can have sympathy for Sami and still be confused about Abby's behavior. 

Then again Days doesn't know how to do nuance anymore.  Sonny and Kate are the only ones allowed to be reasonable.

• Love 7

Kristen is insane.  That's all I have.

I think Will writing that article, and no one caring about Sami's feelings except for Caroline and Kate will play into Sami leaving Salem.  After Kate and Sami finish their revenge scheme, Sami will take her children and leave.

If Sami doesn't have a video of the boring twit begging to be EJ's mistress, I think Kate does.

• Love 1

Jennifer was actually kind of pleasant today.  It made me remember why I liked her 20 years ago.  

So I'm thinking that poor Paige is never going to get to Stanford, right?  

I imagine she and JJ will get married before the summer is over.

I'm glad Sonny isn't putting sole blame on EJ. I wish Sami, Sonny, & Kate can all team up but Sonny would have to get rid of his worthless husband Will. Will is a sorry ass sack of shit of a son, showing not one ounce of sympathy for his own mother.

I can't stand Mar, she's always looking at people with that judgmental look. Brady why are we thanking Mar for letting you see your own father. If you want to see Yawn see him, don't need that bitch's permission.

Don't care about the Dan/Kristen scenes. I barely paid attention to them.

The story about the Will writing assignment will be when he finds out Sonny pulled strings to get him the job

I was confused about Brady thanking Marlena for letting him see John.  Aren't Marlena and John divorced?  That makes Brady John's next of kin.

I like the parts of the Kristen scenes where Daniel gets punched over and over again.  Can Kristen send him to Salem to punch Jennifer and Abby, too?

• Love 5

I love the Eve/Theresa scenes because the characters look and act like genuine siblings who have interacted for years, like they have a long history together. ...

I love that Kayla's first reaction to finding out about the EJabby affair is to look affronted that Sami went and showed Jennifer the proof of it--is it written in the Salem bylaws that everyone has to protect Jennifer at all costs?  

I have to say I thought Kayla was kind of ridiculous, being worried about poor Jen.  She should have been outraged by Abby's behaviour and she should have realized that Abby had violated her employee code of conduct.  I think people hate Sami so much that they don't see when her response is actually reasonable.  

.....  Jen should put her PR hat on and work on a strategy.  Instead they are running around saying "poor Abigail", she didn't know what she was doing when she accidentally fell on EJ's evil dick.

I thought it was kind of funny that Eve had to blackmail her sister to donate blood for her.

Can someone explain to me why Kayla is not on more?  I love her and every time she's on, I realize how much she could bring to the show.  ...but it would be nice if someone could just say some kind things to Sami and maybe she would reel it in.  I'd be pretty pissed off too if no one acted like they gave a damn about my feelings.

Best scenes were with Theresa and Eve.  Two great pros just having a good time with the dialogue and innuendo.  More please!

I agree that the best scenes of the day were with Jen Lilly and Kassie dePavia.  Those two are so good together, so at ease, so in the sibling vibe that it's easy to miss how much talent it takes to put that on screen the way they're doing.  The little back and forths, the comments, the talking-over, knowing what buttons to push - a lot of fun to watch.  I hope these two can at leas be allies of convenience at some point, the way Sami and Kate have been lately.

I've never seen this much handwringing...hell, I don't think I've ever seen handwringing, period, by anyone other than the cheaters themselves over an affair being exposed on a soap. It's just really bizarre to me that most everyone is far more concerned that Sami's told people about Abby and EJ cheating than about anything else. 

I really don't get it - at all.  It's not as if Jenn and Abigail are donating their time to shelters, rescuing animals, feediing the homeless.  All they are is Salem's Prissy Patrol.  Now, look again - I said PRISSY PATROL - now get your minds out of the gutter!

Kayla seemed slow on the uptake with Sami, at least at first.  I loved how she initially denied that Abigail could have done it, even after acknowledging what happened with Austin.  Then, it began to dawn on her that it was true......and the look on her face when she saw the picture was priceless.  She blew it, though, when she made it clear that although she felt bad for Sami, she REALLY felt bad for Jenn and Abigail more.  That sealed the deal, IMO.  Maybe, just maybe - but probably not - she might have been able to talk Sami down at least a little if she hadn't made it crystal clear where her real loyalties lie.

It's so lame that the writers made one half of their first gay couple so worthless. They should have put Sonny and Chad together. When will Sonny realize he can do better and dump bitch ass Will.

What was with EJ and Gagby staring at each other at the town square?

I so agree about Will.  I didn't dislike the guy until last week.  I was ready for a new actor, but this guy just isn't doing it for me.  But no matter who is playing the part, turning on Sami this way, after all she's done to pull his bony behind out of the fire around Gabi and Ari is despicable.  I hope that Will gets some serious payback for this - and if Sonny says he's had enough, I'll cheer him on.

And that look from Abigail at EJ in the Square???   So much for her being "not in love" with EJ.  Maybe not love as it is actually experienced by humans, I'll grant that would be impossible for her.  But this sure looks like love Abigail Stalker Style.

• Love 3

You know, I'm willing to buy that Abby doesn't love EJ but something is bugging her about this whole thing... more than getting found out or whatever. I think it's because she wanted to continue, she wanted to be the other woman that he desired so much that he couldn't tear himself away, if it meant lying to his fiance and then wife, so be it... but it seems to me that she wanted very much to be wanted by him.

But he said no.

At this point, I think what gets her the most is that he really doesn't want her. That she is not, in fact, an irresistible temptation for him. If she were, if he wanted her to be his mistress then she could probably walk away easier... or believe that she had the power and control in the situation... but she doesn't. She wants him to want her and he really doesn't when it comes down to it. He values other things more than her... he values another woman more than her and is not attempting to hide that at all. It's all about Sami for him and Abby was a mistake.

That has to gall her... that's what I think galls her the most in this. That throwing away her vaunted reputation (though she hasn't really suffered from that at all) or even bearing the brunt of Sami's revenge might be one thing if EJ really and truly wanted her... but he doesn't, so it makes it all so much more pathetic in a way.

Or at least that's how it should be playing out more...

• Love 7

We all know Abby was lying when she said that she doesn't love EJ her facial expressions just prove otherwise plus her reaction at Sami and EJ's wedding. I'm sorry but Abby just irks the living fuck out of me. She says one thing but her facial expressions prove otherwise which shows that she's not taking full responsibility for her part in the affair and doesn't feel as guilty as she's telling people that are backing her and shouting how "pure and good" she is. Abby is a manipulative lying skank. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Will seemed to have no reaction at all to interviewing Abigail about the affair. Does he have any facial expressions? (except for that one incredibly weird one he sported when he flashbacked to the slap?).

Did Abigail know she was being interviewed? The fact that she agreed to answer the questions seemed weird in and of itself.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

This NuWill facial expressions all revolve around him pursing his lips like he has a piece of sour candy in his mouth. He's not that great at facial expressions, only if he wasn't gay and related to Abby they would be perfect for each other.

• Love 3

I loved AS' delivery of her line after Kayla said she was worried about Jennifer.  It was something like, "Yeah, that was my first thought to."  Just the way she said it was great.

Of course, Kayla infuriated me by immediately thinking of Jennifer.  I hope she enjoys firing Abby.  

And show, I am still on Sami's side even though she's holding a 20 million dollar donation for a children's wing hostage.  Just like I don't think Eve's evil for keeping money from vets.  No subtlety at all...

• Love 5

But he said no.

That is it in a nutshell.  Abby can't stand that EJ doesn't want her, not even as a piece on the side, he prefers Sami who Abby clearly feels she's better than.  I can't wait for Abby to get the news that her cheatin' ass has been fired. 

• Love 5

And show, I am still on Sami's side even though she's holding a 20 million dollar donation for a children's wing hostage.  Just like I don't think Eve's evil for keeping money from vets.  No subtlety at all...

The writers are doing a piss poor job of making me hate Sami.  I've never been a fan of hers - I find her histrionics excruciating - but I'm very sympathetic to her in this storyline.  It's obvious she's in pain and nobody will acknowledge her bruised feelings.  Kayla had a great opportunity to sympathize with Sami and make her see how this crazy revenge would just hurt her in the end, but instead Kayla couldn't even say the words "how terrible for you Sami!" She sympathizes instead with Jennifer and says "how awful this is for everyone."  Not for Sami specifically, but for everyone.  WTF? I know Sami's a vindictive bitch but really? Not ever her own family can be kind to her?

I wish they'd let Anne fire Abigail.

Ya know, I know every hospital is different, especially the ones in Soap World.  However when I worked for a hospital, HR handled personnel issues, not the Chief of Staff.  I think Chief of Staff would handle doctor personnel issues, not the firing of some lowly PR person.  So theoretically, Anne should handle Abby's firing and I am sure she would have been thrilled to do so.

• Love 6

I tried watching Sami and Kayla with an open mind, but the way Sami approached her just bugged me. Was that her grown up, CEO voice she was using? And I know this horse is dead, but Sami's problem is with Abby and EJ, not everyone else. Why is she talking to Kayla (before Kayla even knew what Sami was going to say) in the same phony, condescending way that she spoke to Ann?

I don't know why anyone would defend Abby, but I do understand why no one feels sympathy for Sami. She really is becoming Kate, but without any of LK's charisma.

• Love 4

LOL Yes, shesajar, I noticed Sami's Queen of the Manor CEO act too and it made me laugh.  She's like a kid playing dress up and this is how she thinks CEOs should behave as they conduct their business in a bar.  She really is just a 14-year-old in a 40-year-old body.   Which would explain quite a bit of her behavior as well.  Too bad she doesn't have a real mom who could talk some sense into her and help her get past her pain.

• Love 4

Sami is going to rely on Kate more and more as this goes on because no one, except for Caroline, cares about Sami's feelings.

This is pure speculation on my part:

Will is going to trash Sami in that article, and end up putting a target on Sami and Kate's backs.  The men Stefano and EJ do business with are just like Stefano, and when Will outs the truth about Sami and Kate's take over of DE, they will put a hit out on them.  Kate will hire bodyguards, and tough it out.  Sami will take her younger children, and go into witness protection again.

(edited)

I thought the Sami and Kayla scenes played better than I thought they would  according to the spoiler information. I thought Sami would scream at Kayla and come off kind of nutso, but instead she seemed rather smooth, which I liked. I was actually rather surprised at how Sami played her cards on that one. I thought she would be as subtle as a sledgehammer, but instead she seemed to have learned some tricks from EJ. I do have the same reaction to the DE money that I'm having to Jack's proceeds -- whoever has the money is free to do with it whatever he or she wants. That money never actually belonged to the hospital, and Jack's proceeds never actually belonged to the vets -- it's up the person who is in possession of it to decide whether he or she wants to give it away. to whatever cause they like. So its hard for me to get worked up either about Sami deciding not to give the money or Eve deciding to pursue legal action if Jack wasn't smart enough to update his will.

Kayla's sympathy for Abigail and Jennifer did strike me as kind of weird though. I didn't expect her to feel all that bad for Sami, but I didn't really expect her to care one way or the other about Abigail and Jennifer. If i were Kayla, I guess I'd just be relieved Stephanie wasn't in that situation.

Did Abigail know what Will was doing with his questions? Did she know he was writing an article? I wasn't understanding at all why she would volunteer any information to him if he was doing a write-up on Ejami. Or did Will have that conversation under false pretenses? I couldn't tell if that weird face Will made when he remembered the slap was being played for comedy....what an odd face...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5